Mini Normal 2147 | Door Mafia | Game Over!

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (isolation #200) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1212, Flair wrote:Then why are any of you voting to pressure a player in the first place?

It can’t be for reactions. Half of you seem to not give meaningful reads on D1 anyway out of some misplaced sense of self-importance.
For the record, I am 100% on board to push Looker OR Albert to L-1, state intent, procure a claim, and potentially hammer *right now*

That's where the pressure comes from. People like me saying things like that. No one indicated intent to hammer Looker and the wagon predictably dissolved.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (isolation #201) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1219, Flair wrote:Jog my memory what makes him most worth our collective focus in this moment, and not FL.
His posts are characterized by a barrage of surface level questions for other players with little to no subjective commentary from his own perspective, which I believe is an easy way for scum to ostensibly participate in the scumhunting discussion without risking revealing internal inconsistencies by simply never speaking from their own perspective. (In fairness to him, he appears to be trying to correct this after I originally pointed it out)

He also lists reads-lists that make no sense in comparison to the limited commentary he *has* provided (for instance, he most recently listed me as his #3 townread but even a cursory reading of his ISO shows he has been speculating on scum!Blair more consistently than any other player)

Finally, he and Albert conspicuously avoid analyzing each other, which should be a point in favor of scum!Looker for anyone else scumreading Albert.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #202) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Blair »

It’s a predictable conflict, you have to adjust to your surroundings. You’re accustomed to rapid-fire phases (that’s how it feels when you’re used to this), so of course you’re feeling impatient. Most of this has been foreplay. It isn’t meaningless, but most of it is here to analyze later, try to enjoy it.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (isolation #203) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Blair »

More people should be voting for Looker.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (isolation #204) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Blair »

Y tho
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (isolation #205) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Blair »

Looker is town because he is... medium-ly engaged?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (isolation #206) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1240, NoPowerOverMe wrote:We have some players with high engagement levels, which is great for town, but I don't think being medium-ly engaged makes him scum. I'd rather lynch others.
You’re right, being medium-ly engaged definitely doesn’t make him scum. Thank
goodness
no one is saying that. :lol:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (isolation #207) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Blair »

If he flips town, I’ll be sure to remember you warned us he was mediumly engaged.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (isolation #208) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Blair »

You only get credit for being right post-flip if you were right for good reasons that you attempted to effectively and persuasively communicate pre-flip.

So if you’re scum and you know Looker will flip town and are trying to set yourself up for town credit here, you’re going to have to do better than that.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (isolation #209) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1245, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Ok, well when he flips town don't say I didn't tell you so.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (isolation #210) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Blair »

If Looker flips scum, look at ABR, Clair, NPOM in that order.

If Looker flips town, look at NPOM.

Those lists may grow or shrink as we march toward L-1, but I’m committing to the above right now.

Yes, I am aware NPOM is in a Catch-22 zone here - good thing he doesn’t care.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (isolation #211) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Blair »

And just like last time when he said that about ABR... NPOM doesn’t want anyone to follow him, he just wants to distance from this wagon for some reason.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (isolation #212) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Blair »

Yes, we are wagon’ing Looker because:
In post 1225, Blair wrote:
In post 1219, Flair wrote:Jog my memory what makes him most worth our collective focus in this moment, and not FL.
His posts are characterized by a barrage of surface level questions for other players with little to no subjective commentary from his own perspective, which I believe is an easy way for scum to ostensibly participate in the scumhunting discussion without risking revealing internal inconsistencies by simply never speaking from their own perspective. (In fairness to him, he appears to be trying to correct this after I originally pointed it out)

He also lists reads-lists that make no sense in comparison to the limited commentary he *has* provided (for instance, he most recently listed me as his #3 townread but even a cursory reading of his ISO shows he has been speculating on scum!Blair more consistently than any other player)

Finally, he and Albert conspicuously avoid analyzing each other, which should be a point in favor of scum!Looker for anyone else scumreading Albert.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (isolation #213) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1281, Flair wrote:
In post 1274, Sakura Hana wrote:Wait a minute.
Who are the people that have been saying that the entirety of D1 in MS is basically useless and only it really begins D2? Because that's objectively untrue. I noticed Clair mentioned it, but I dont remember who else might have.
ABR, FB, Claire, and Blaire have all suggested such to varying degrees. Pick your poison.
I object to that characterization of my posts.

I’ve said many, many times that the theatre taking place today will be important later.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (isolation #214) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1291, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1111, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I don't know about everyone else, but I think we can townblock me, FB, FL, Sakura, Blair, Flair, Sakura, and Turkey, at least until we have info stating otherwise.
In post 1112, NoPowerOverMe wrote:And ABR.
This is pretty scummy.

VOTE: NPOM

FOS: Fred
The part where he town-blocs nine players in a 13 player game, the part where he doesn’t town-bloc Looker, or the part where two of those nine players are Sakura? :lol:

P-edit: Figures :shifty:

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (isolation #215) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Blair »

NoPowerOverMe wrote:Except I'm not scum so there's that.
Then feel free to explain your gigantic townbloc that somehow still omitted the person you are now refusing to lynch for being a mediumly engaged townie.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (isolation #216) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1317, Flair wrote:While I won't defend NPOM for that atrocious list, I'm surprised Blair how quick you are to abandon Looker's wagon after A) you're wolf-read ABR suggests it and B) ABR still has avoided commenting on Looker.

You live in a house of cards.
I listed NPOM as scummy if Looker flips scum and even scummier if Looker flips town.

Of course I am on board with this wagon. I’ll admit there’s a small part of my brain that wonders if the post where I said that was so accurate that ABR is bussing now in response to it. :lol:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (isolation #217) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Blair »

It must be nice to have no null reads whatsoever.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (isolation #218) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1328, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1325, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I'm not totally unwilling to lynch looker, I just think there are scummier players. Why would I want to lunch the 4th on my list if there are 3 scum?
Fred not looker
If Looker is his #4 suspect, as he says here, and Looker is a town read, as he has said repeatedly, and all other players are in his townbloc, then Fred is his #5 and is an *even stronger* townread than Looker, so I’m guessing he doesn’t want that, either.

It also means he has an impressive 10 town reads and 3 scum reads, with no null reads, in what is almost certainly a 10 town, 3 scum game.

So there is a small chance we are lynching the most competent scum hunter in this game. :lol:

But since he is making zero attempts to persuade anyone, if that’s the case I doubt it would have helped us much.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (isolation #219) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1330, Flair wrote:
In post 1329, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I sort of fall asleep when I read Looker's posts. I guess if FL thinks he's scummy then I'll vote him. I have him as null and I don't think pressure would change that, so if we wagon him, his head will roll.
Let's make it happen.

Besides the fact that I don't agree with eliminating a player with 100+ posts, NPOM, over a player with less than 20, Looker.

If NPOM is a wolf he's not end-gaming.
Whichever one we can garner seven supporters for is fine by me.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (isolation #220) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Blair »

My only reservation here is that I know, from experience, NPOM becomes mislynch bait under pressure. He flails *as town* when being wagon’d, which he appears to be doing now.

That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t flail as scum, though.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (isolation #221) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1431, Flair wrote:@Blair

I get the impression ABR pushes whatever is most topical in-thread. None of his pushes have been his own.

Do you think this is an accurate assessment? And whatever happened to your suspicion on him? It's gone and you're fine to vote with him now, or?
An accurate assessment of his play in this game, or are you asking for meta input here? His pushes in this game have been on players who already seemed to have a wagon "baked in" so to speak (i.e. multiple players appeared ready to vote for them), but this could conceivably be town motivated to test wagon dynamics and call bluffs.

My suspicion of him has gone nowhere, just like the last time you asked me that. :lol:

This back and forth with NPOM is giving me flashbacks to the last time I mislynched him. I'd rather lynch Looker today, and Albert indicated he was open to that so the dream is alive again.

VOTE: Looker
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (isolation #222) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:57 am

Post by Blair »

My concern with Sakura's hardening stance on NPOM is she seems to become more sure he is scum the more he complains about the wagon on him.

We should be evaluating him based on his behavior before he started whining about the wagon because the wagon whining is not indicative of scum-flailing in NPOM's case.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (isolation #223) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1505, Looker wrote:
  • Flair's misconstruing my sentiments (He's also very aggressively pressing me with this double-standard).
I clicked the link, are you referring to this?
In post 1433, Flair wrote:Looker enters the thread, makes idle commentary, then leaves. I don't completely understand how he even developed his list of reads, and he himself has admitted he doesn't care beyond one or two players.
This all seems pretty fair based on things you yourself have said. Is your contention with the word "idle"? Because the rest is barely even subjective.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (isolation #224) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1579, Looker wrote:
  • Blair cut off the part of the quote that answered her question. Are underhanded tactics always scummy or are they capable of being used by town?
The rest of the post wasn't even about you, other than a throwaway sentence at the end of the paragraph that I'm pretty sure contains at least one typographical error because I can't even tell what he was trying to say.

If I cut out the important part, why didn't you quote the important part so everyone could see how scummy I was?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (isolation #225) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Blair »

@Flavor Leaf

I won't argue that I shifted the momentum of the NPOM and Looker wagons, because I pretty openly did so on purpose. What are you inferring from that?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (isolation #226) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1580, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Looker is town and there is scum on his wagon for sure.
Would you make up your mind? :lol:

*Looker wagon takes off*

NPOM: Guys, don't lynch Looker I'm pretty sure he's Town.

*Wagon switches to NPOM*

NPOM: Wait, you're misrepping me! I am not completely opposed to lynching Looker!

*Wagon switches back to Looker*

NPOM: Guys, don't lynch Looker, he's Town! There is definitely scum supporting a Looker lynch.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (isolation #227) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1235, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Nah looker is town I think.
In post 1325, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I'm not totally unwilling to lynch looker, I just think there are scummier players. Why would I want to lunch the 4th on my list if there are 3 scum?
In post 1580, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Looker is town and there is scum on his wagon for sure.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (isolation #228) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1585, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I never said I'm unopposed to looker I said I'm unopposed to Fred. Quit misrepping me.
See 1325 above
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (isolation #229) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Blair »

NoPowerOverMe wrote:Forgot I said that. Anyways the perception was that I have 100% reads which isn't the case.
We got that perception from where you listed Looker as your #4 suspect in a 3 scum game as a defense of your opposition to his wagon.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (isolation #230) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Blair »

Obviously we all want to lynch our #1 suspect but mafia is a social game and most lynches are compromises. Most of us would be thrilled to get our #4 suspect lynched Day 1.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (isolation #231) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Blair »

Yes, I read your interview with Flavor Leaf. Feels like a personality conflict to me. I liked Flavor Leaf more after reading it.

I'm lukewarm on a Frederick wagon. He's going to be more difficult to sort than most, which makes him a good Day 1 lynch from a game theory perspective, but I don't really feel like I would learn much from his flip which will be a tremendous waste of this lengthy Day 1, to flip someone who played so small a role in most of the thread dynamics.

That kind of came out stream of consciousness, sorry.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (isolation #232) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Blair »

Here's the Blair Digest™ version:
Flair:
Flavor Leaf, it's really annoying that you pop in and out of the thread with one-off comments and claim to not know what's really going on.

Flavor Leaf:
I'm not pretending to not know what's going on. I've been really busy lately and my attention is too divided to undertake an in-depth thread review with the level of attention it deserves. If I half-ass it now I'll just have to whole-ass it later.

Flair:
If you really can't give the game your full attention right now, why not just not post until you can come back later and fully participate?

Flavor Leaf:
Because I can give my attention to the current page and engage in back-and-forths in the moment that help me out when I can catch up later.

Flair:
Well it's really distracting to the rest of us and seems kind of like a scummy excuse to participate without really participating, even if that's not what's really happening.

Flavor Leaf:
Yeah, I know it seems that way to you, but I'm enjoying myself and you can't make me stop. It kind of seems like you're picking at this a lot because you know it's easy to deconstruct, not necessarily because you actually believe it's scummy.

Flair:
Please read this part of the thread and tell me your thoughts.

*pointless posturing all around for a few posts*

Flavor Leaf:
*gives thoughts*

Flair:
Finally, thanks!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1602 (isolation #233) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1598, Flair wrote:Fred, though. It feels like most have given an opinion on him, no? And why would it be a waste? I want to eliminate the player most likely to flip wolf, not the one who was most discussed.
Do you believe Fred is "the player most likely to flip wolf?" If you've indicated this before and I missed it, apologies. This would be somewhat of a revelation to me.

If Fred is the most likely to flip wolf, please explain why, because I'm having a dreadful time reading him. There just isn't much there, and that tells me that even if "most have given an opinion on him" those opinions won't be very illuminating post-flip because they'll all be so fragile, if you know what I mean.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (isolation #234) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1603, Flair wrote:Second, Looker seems to insinuate that it was his push and initiative to put me into the lead the day prior that led to him being wagoned, which certainly wasn't the case.
He was theorizing about thread dynamics, not saying that anyone actually popped in with "I'm voting Looker because he pushed Flair."

He's suggesting there was an ulterior motive, that scum were perhaps displeased with the Flair wagon and colluding to punish him for it.

I don't buy it, but it seems clear that's what he was actually saying.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (isolation #235) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1604, Clair wrote:* Blair I feel a little more ambiguous about, actually feels like she's coasting a little on sniping on easy targets (of which there are many). Would still put Blair in the town column for now.
Sometimes a target is just a target and deserves to be sniped.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (isolation #236) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1608, Clair wrote:Blair, since you're on: Please give me the elevator pitch argument for why Looker is the right lynch, without resembling the idea that he's kind of "empty" or not really asking questions. It seems clear to me now that everyone scumhunting in their different ways has been subject to this accusation, and I no longer find it very compelling.
In post 1225, Blair wrote:

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (isolation #237) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1615, Clair wrote:Pause frame, record scratch. Do you really think you have a scum v. scum interaction worth discussing?
You know how much I hate it when you pretend that something I've been saying for ages is brand new information... :igmeou:
In post 1199, Blair wrote:Check Albert's and Looker's ISOs. Is it early to partner hunt? Yes. Have they conspicuously avoided taking stances on each other? Also yes.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (isolation #238) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Blair »

I won the simul-post. :P
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (isolation #239) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1620, Clair wrote:Still: do you really think this scum v. scum interaction is meaningful, let alone compelling enough to put in a case?
Usually when someone says "Do you REALLY think..." they're implying something, provoking paranoia, or both.

Help me decide which one this is?

Yes, I really think it was worth mentioning, in a "Huh, this is a thing I noticed just now that fits my current solve and might persuade other people who are scumreading ABR to support this wagon, which is usually the point of presenting a case."
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (isolation #240) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1625, Clair wrote:"No, not really, but I am unused to decent criticism that I'm getting sloppy."
This should be a fun mental exercise.

Let's pretend this is the case. Does it seem like scum!sloppy or town!sloppy?

I play in a way that invites decent criticism because it's the easiest way to read people, as it removes the step where you wait for one person to flip to clarify the interaction.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (isolation #241) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Blair »

You brought it up so I could answer for you?

Ok, I don't believe it was sloppy, but if it were sloppy, it would be town!sloppy, because I am town.

I hope this was helpful. Expect to receive an invoice soon for my services.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (isolation #242) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Blair »

In the same sort of way that you believed that was a good question.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (isolation #243) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1624, Blair wrote:Yes, I really think it was worth mentioning, in a "Huh, this is a thing I noticed just now that fits my current solve and might persuade other people who are scumreading ABR to support this wagon, which is usually the point of presenting a case."
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (isolation #244) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1607, Flair wrote:This is why deadlines are superior, they force agency. As it stands I have to compromise with players who either aren't here consistently, in that we're never all here at the same time. Or they refuse to compromise. Or they just haven't been reading the thread. It's frustrating.
I think you'll find this site resolves the "refuse to compromise" problem by requiring majority to lynch anyone at all. I find this a better solution, and more in the spirit of the game, than short phase timers.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (isolation #245) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1607, Flair wrote:As it stands I have to compromise with players who either aren't here consistently, in that we're never all here at the same time.
I also think you're missing part of the point of this site, in that the longer phases allow some of us who don't have enough free time to participate to a satisfactory degree in rapidfire games to play this game fully. It's ok, on this site, to never be online at the same time as someone else, because you have enough time in the phase to carry out a full conversation with them anyway.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (isolation #246) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Blair »

Clair, your new vote is weird. Why are you being weird?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (isolation #247) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by Blair »

Delete it now.

I want to lynch in {Looker / ABR / NPOM} and you're ruining it with your weirdness.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (isolation #248) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Blair »

Fred, now you're ruining it with your weirdness. Stop trying to make me scumread you.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1708 (isolation #249) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1642, Flair wrote:@Blair, you around? Have a question or two for you.
I am here now, if you're still around.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (isolation #250) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1703, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Sakura is careful not to get the ire of the airs or FB/me/FL, and I'm curious if I should be concerned here.
Sheeping this concern ever so slightly.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1712 (isolation #251) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1709, Sakura Hana wrote:So am I the only one that thinks Looker's scum via Fred's awkward read on the slot pages ago?
Can you explain what you mean here? Are you suggesting Looker/Fred scum team?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (isolation #252) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1720, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Are you guys ready to know what an elite scumhunter thinks? I think I'm ready to call it for real now.
Who will you be asking? :P
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1735 (isolation #253) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1717, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1715, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do you really think there's no scum in me/fb/flair/blair/clair/FL?
FL and Clair in that list are still TBD.
FL is currently on the town-lean side, but im pretty confident i'll be able to identify scum him given time.
Hmmmmm
In post 1717, Sakura Hana wrote:im pretty confident i'll be able to identify scum him given time.
Someone who knows Sakura better than me please weigh in, here. I remember her mentioning earlier that FL said she could read him, but her own level of confidence here feels out of character somehow.

I don't know her very well, though, maybe it's on-brand.

P-edit: Good gracious, I look down to type one post and there's a powerwagon!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (isolation #254) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Blair »

VOTE: Stan1ey

Great, so why are we doing this?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1746 (isolation #255) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by Blair »

With his activity level and post content he'll be a tough sort if nothing changes which makes him a good lynch for a low information phase, but that can't be the reason because you're claiming you've already sorted him. :lol:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (isolation #256) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by Blair »

I believe Stan1ey is at L-2, but the last vote count was 400 posts ago.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (isolation #257) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by Blair »

NoPowerOverMe wrote:Does it matter what his claim is?
Spoiler:

ABR's case is mostly meta as I understand it so there really isn't any role claim that would change it - though if he claimed something verifiable he might earn a stay of execution.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (isolation #258) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1755, Flavor Leaf wrote:There’s a scum in the people that know me, I can feel it based on how this gamestate is
Can you identify this portion of the playerlist?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (isolation #259) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Blair »

I was 80% scum before and now I don't even make it into the nested bracket portion of your PoE. :(
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (isolation #260) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by Blair »

Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1757, Blair wrote:
In post 1755, Flavor Leaf wrote:There’s a scum in the people that know me, I can feel it based on how this gamestate is
Can you identify this portion of the playerlist?

ABR
Firebringer
Sakura
Gobbledygook
Looker

Abr’s stance on me is noted now that I haven’t been setting him as a town read.
I'm not really seeing Gobbles or Firebringer as scum out of that list. Sakura maybe, but I'm still waiting for anyone to weigh in on her post that pinged me earlier.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (isolation #261) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Blair »

While you're here, Flavor Leaf, you're actually the perfect person to answer this for me:
In post 1735, Blair wrote:
In post 1717, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1715, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do you really think there's no scum in me/fb/flair/blair/clair/FL?
FL and Clair in that list are still TBD.
FL is currently on the town-lean side, but im pretty confident i'll be able to identify scum him given time.
Hmmmmm
In post 1717, Sakura Hana wrote:im pretty confident i'll be able to identify scum him given time.
Someone who knows Sakura better than me please weigh in, here. I remember her mentioning earlier that FL said she could read him, but her own level of confidence here feels out of character somehow.

P-edit: Good gracious, I look down to type one post and there's a powerwagon!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (isolation #262) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:18 pm

Post by Blair »

Two minutes after I posted about Sakura, she sheeped ABR's Stan1ey vote and then disappeared, by the way.

Not trying to be paranoid, buuuuuuut...
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (isolation #263) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by Blair »

Flavor Leaf notice me senpai
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1781 (isolation #264) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by Blair »

Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1770, Blair wrote:Two minutes after I posted about Sakura, she sheeped ABR's Stan1ey vote and then disappeared, by the way.

Not trying to be paranoid, buuuuuuut...
I havent dissapeared, but there's nothing for me to respond nor anything I need to comment on.
Also considering it's 2:23 AM and I could very well have gone to sleep already this feels like reaching.
Nothing to comment on? 1735 was literally only about you. You could have responded to that.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (isolation #265) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by Blair »

Flavor Leaf, can you please weigh in on

Sakura, can you also please weigh in? Preferably with an example of one of your town games where you were similarly confident in your ability to read Flavor Leaf.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (isolation #266) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1790, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1735, Blair wrote:Someone who knows Sakura better than me please weigh in, here. I remember her mentioning earlier that FL said she could read him, but her own level of confidence here feels out of character somehow.

See this sounds as if it's directed at people that know me, not myself.
Yeah, but wouldn't town!Sakura jump in here and say "Yes, it is in character for me. Here is an example of one of my town games where I said something similar on this topic"?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (isolation #267) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1794, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1789, Blair wrote:Sakura, can you also please weigh in? Preferably with an example of one of your town games where you were similarly confident in your ability to read Flavor Leaf.
This would be the first time i've professed confidence in reading Flavor Leaf. I actually hadn't realized I was good at reading him until he mentioned it in a game where i was scum vs town him. I feel this is gonna defeat the point buuut, if you were scum, in a game with someone you know can read you, and that person says they are confident they can catch scum you, what would you do?
Not sure, to be honest.

My point here is Flavor Leaf is notoriously difficult to read, and from what I've experienced playing with you so far you seem pretty humble, so claiming you were confident you would be able to sort Flavor Leaf felt out of character.

It's the sort of thing that's much easier to say when you're scum and already have correct reads on everyone in the game.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1805 (isolation #268) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:40 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1803, Flavor Leaf wrote:She’s not confident in her ability to read me, but that’s her as a player.
So it's kind of weird here how nonchalant she is about being able to sort you out herself later, yeah?

I'd expect her to be more... chalant about it?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (isolation #269) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:44 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1800, Sakura Hana wrote:I have however professed confidence in reading on an entirely different player in the past, to the point that one game I didnt wanna risk mentioning a read on said player due to fear of breaking that 100% read rate on him, to the point of him flipping scum and turning everyone against me.
This is the part that's different:
to the point that one game I didn't wanna risk mentioning a read on said player due to fear of breaking that 100% read rate on him
You don't seem worried about that at all this time.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1813 (isolation #270) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Blair »

So you agree there is a stark contrast?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1820 (isolation #271) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1814, Flavor Leaf wrote:if she’s town, she’s gonna be worried that if I’m scum, she’s gonna town read me and mess up because of it, is what I’m sensing.
She isn't worried, though:
In post 1717, Sakura Hana wrote:FL is currently on the town-lean side, but im pretty confident i'll be able to identify scum him given time.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (isolation #272) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1816, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1813, Blair wrote:So you agree there is a stark contrast?
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
There is a difference between both games, yeah?
I dont think there's been a situation like this one ever, just that one that's similar.
To put it another way, you seem to agree with me that this is a change in behavior, you've just supplied a different reason for the change - I suggested you might be more confident in your reads because you're informed, and you suggested you're more confident than ever before because you learned something new.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (isolation #273) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1824, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1820, Blair wrote:
In post 1814, Flavor Leaf wrote:if she’s town, she’s gonna be worried that if I’m scum, she’s gonna town read me and mess up because of it, is what I’m sensing.
She isn't worried, though:
In post 1717, Sakura Hana wrote:FL is currently on the town-lean side, but im pretty confident i'll be able to identify scum him given time.
What do you want from me? If she’s scum she’s set me up in a position where I can’t really push her right now without her being able to turn on me and probably gain enough momentum to kill me.

And if she’s town, I’ll be able to tell within a couple days. She’s not a hard town read for me, but I am lean town on her. I would lean town/town read her if she is scum, though, if that makes sense.
I just wanted to know if you agreed that it was strange how confident she was that she would be able to read you in this game.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (isolation #274) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1754, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think Stan1ey is town because him and I have had essentially the same votes this game/similar scum reads.
In post 1826, Flavor Leaf wrote:Did somebody say L-1?

VOTE: Stan1ey
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (isolation #275) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Blair »

Flavor Leaf, you sure you didn't do that because it looked like I might be preparing to push Sakura?

I'm not saying my case was
that
scary, but... that timing.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (isolation #276) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by Blair »

Flavor Leaf busting up what I was about to do makes us a viable scum team? That's a hot take.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (isolation #277) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Blair »

Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1855, Blair wrote:Flavor Leaf busting up what I was about to do makes us a viable scum team? That's a hot take.
It certainly isnt if you're using it as a way to push me.
I already had a way to push you, though.

It might be something to push Flavor Leaf for, but if you read what I actually said I wasn't pushing you for his hammer. :lol:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (isolation #278) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1857, Sakura Hana wrote:I guess my faked overconfidence on reading FL must have struck a nerve on the scum team.
This post reeks.

With her left hand she discounts her confidence as a fake gambit, while with her right hand she exudes so much scumhunting confidence that she claims the scum team must fear her.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (isolation #279) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Blair »

You are simultaneously claiming that the confidence was a fake gambit and claiming that you are so confident that Flavor Leaf panicked as scum and ended the phase to evade you specifically.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1869 (isolation #280) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:27 pm

Post by Blair »

Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1866, Blair wrote:You are simultaneously claiming that the confidence was a fake gambit and claiming that you are so confident that Flavor Leaf panicked as scum and ended the phase to evade you specifically.
Yeah, so?
You're speaking from two irreconcilable perspectives at once.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (isolation #281) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by Blair »

Sakura Hana wrote:If FL bought the gambit and whatever scum team he is in, it's possible said scumteam entered a panic.
So there was some conversation in scum daychat akin to...

"Sakura said she has a light townread on me but that she's confident she could catch scum!Me later on, what do I do?"

"Quick! lolhammer your townread before she catches you!"
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1876 (isolation #282) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Blair »

Sorry, I'll fix it.
Scum Daychat in Sakura's World wrote:"Sakura said she has a light townread on me but that she's confident she could catch scum!Me later on, what do I do?"

"Quick! lolhammer your townread so we can kill her before she catches you! Completely ignore that Blair is building a case on her right now and we could eliminate her that way, by the way!"
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (isolation #283) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:42 pm

Post by Blair »

We have already established that complete confidence in your ability to sort Flavor Leaf is *not* your town meta.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (isolation #284) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by Blair »

Thank you for agreeing with me that you are not following your town meta. I graciously accept your intellectual surrender.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1883 (isolation #285) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by Blair »

I'm not sure why you're putting confidence in quotes like it's a misrep or something when it was your own word.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (isolation #286) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by Blair »

FYI, following your town game almost perfectly but then slipping in a small but noticeable way is how *most* scum are caught, not sure why you're pretending it isn't.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1888 (isolation #287) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1886, Sakura Hana wrote:Because that's how scum mislynch me all the time.
This confuses me, because just a moment ago you suggested that scum!FL would have to end the phase early so he could nightkill you because lynching you when you were following your town meta so well would be a terrible plan doomed to fail:
In post 1877, Sakura Hana wrote:Oh yeah man, totally try to mislynch the person that's playing to their town meta. That's 100% gonna work, yep.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (isolation #288) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Blair »

Replacing out while being grilled like that can go either way, mostly depending on the merit of the interrogation.

If she's scum, it's pretty disappointing that she would leave a replacement in that predicament.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (isolation #289) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:18 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1935, Clair wrote:Remember, Albert has a powerful plan that will completely destroy the scumteam. The only thing that could prevent town from winning this game is if we refused to follow it. Therefore, lynching Albert removes all opposition to his plan and we can finally execute it in total security and peace of mind.
This is perfect, except he hasn't shared his notes with the whole class.
In post 1939, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Since you're offsite foreigners, you're ignorant of the fact that day 1 scum lynches are bad for town, so I will direct you to mafia theory discussions explaining this tried and tested phenomenon:
In post 4, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:These two points by themselves are absolutely huge and the biggest reason why I say that scum lynches d1 are inherently anti-town in large games. It's very rare for a town to be able to ride that momentum unless they are able to turn that one lynch into a decisive advantage in of itself, which generally means the setup is either broken, town has a massive PR advantage after that one scum lynch, or town in general has the entire scumteam pegged. What generally happens is that town ends up not flipping another scum for multiple days and ending up losing that numbers advantage really easily since it's relatively simple for scum to readjust to losing that extra member compared to town leveraging that advantage to build a decisive one.
1. This isn't a "large game."

2. Even Newbie games (that typically lack the benefit of your brilliance) overwhelmingly favor town victories when scum is lynched Day 1 - and those are 2 scum setups where lynching scum Day 1 *should* mean there are no scum associatives to rely on for the rest of the game. This is almost certainly a 3 scum setup, so logic would follow that a Day 1 scum lynch would be even better here.

Are we going to pretend that Albert's "I'm positive Stan1ey is scum *flips Town* Aha! Just as I predicted, Stan1ey is town, this is good for us, all is going according to plan" logic is town motivated... or even remotely coherent?

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage

We can punish Flavor Leaf for that terribad hammer later, this needs to go now.
In post 1941, Flair wrote:Seer Hunt Clear

tl;dr If Looker presented a read that looked like a Peek/Investigation, the wolves might have killed him thinking he was a Seer. Which would mean his read was accurate as the wolves believed Looker to be real.

So we can reliably assume the player he read villager with such confidence, is in fact a villager.

But if yesterday’s gameplay was indicative of the level of mechanical nuance MS plays with, I’d imagine SHC isn’t something used here.
I do not believe Night 0 checks are considered Normal.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1972 (isolation #290) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1967, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Has everyone read my guide on Focusing on Scum and Getting them Lynched?

I do not speak to scum, it is pointless. FL had an incredibly strong townread on stanley with his very few posts, and then when I asked to wait for his claim, FL quickhammered him, after he quickhammered the cop as town in our previous game, putting a nail in the coffin for town and allowing my scum team to win. This is someone who thinks he can coast by as scum on "meta". I know FL's will to win overrides his false intention of staying consistent with "hammering everything at L-1", so I ask you to consider how it's more likely he considered himself compromised with so many players suspecting him and wanted to take down any town, even the least vocal among us, with him before he got the noose.
I know you're going to whine about how "surface level" this is, but... does it give you pause that you keep relying on an example in which Flavor Leaf was town?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1996 (isolation #291) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Blair »

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (isolation #292) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Blair »

In post 1998, Albert B. Rampage wrote:The only possibility is he's town
:igmeou:
In post 1928, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Flavor Leaf quickhammering without a claim is a scumclaim.
In post 1947, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Why do you think the only ignorant players who don't immediately recognize FL as scum is you and Clair from offsite? Because you have no idea how mafia is played here, and we are 10 steps ahead of you.
"Stan1ey is definitely caught scum!"
===>
"I knew Stan1ey was town all along!"
<===
"That hammer was a scum claim!"
===>
"That replace out was a town claim"
<===

How long are going to run back and forth like headless chickens?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2021 (isolation #293) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2012, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2011, Blair wrote:How long are going to run back and forth like headless chickens?
for as long as the chicken lives.
I agree. Help us kill it.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2031 (isolation #294) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2022, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2011, Blair wrote:"Stan1ey is definitely caught scum!"
===>
"I knew Stan1ey was town all along!"

"That replace out was a town claim"
<===
You are awfully concerned about how things look instead of how things are. If I'm wrong, I admit it and move on regardless of if it makes me look bad. I'm not married to scumreads.
Fine, let's look at how things are:

You led a powerwagon on a Townie based on a confident meta read. Afterwards, instead of "admitting you were wrong and moving on" you claimed it was your plan to lynch a Townie, and that your plan worked because you caught scum with it. Now you are claiming the plan didn't work after all.

You're right. This is much clearer.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (isolation #295) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Blair »

Or maybe it's not some conspiracy and people are voting for you because you're scum.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2043 (isolation #296) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:05 am

Post by Blair »

If there is a Vigilante: I don't believe night kill analysis is important enough right now to reveal multiple Town PRs (this would prove the existence of Doc/JK). Please do not claim yet.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (isolation #297) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2044, Flair wrote:Somehow I thought this game couldn’t get any dumber.

But it just did. I am actually impressed.
Yeah, it did get dumb, because I just derped and suggested scum might not already *know* their kill was blocked. :lol:

I may be sleep deprived.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (isolation #298) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Blair »

@Firebringer

Clair/Flair have been shading me throughout most of the game so far. I don't personally feel like I'm part of the coalition tbh :lol:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2059 (isolation #299) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2054, iamausername wrote:going to re-examine some things in light of Looker's flip, because my impression was that the ridiculous stanley lynch was probably being used to save scumLooker, since he was looking like the default lynch for D1, but clearly not.

quick, somebody vote for me so i can throw a tantrum and replace out of this mess of a game. (this one is a joke, i'm going nowhere)
A spicy take in a sea of vanilla takes
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2065 (isolation #300) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Blair »

Also, Flair, my experience has been that the site meta on your site is vastly overestimated and two of the worst players I've ever played with on this site came from there.

But I don't say that when I play there. :wink:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2071 (isolation #301) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Blair »

Flair wrote:
In post 2065, Blair wrote:Also, Flair, my experience has been that the site meta on your site is vastly overestimated and two of the worst players I've ever played with on this site came from there.

But I don't say that when I play there. :wink:
Well it attracts players from communities all over the world. So it’s very likely you played with someone new to our site. That doesn’t seem to be the case here with players like ABR and FL.

But definitely something we can discuss in post. I promise you the level of play is higher on average, but there are numerous low-level players, that’s not lost on me. And I am speaking here mostly in frustration, I’m sure MS has countless players with more skin than what I’ve been introduced to here.

Anyway.
I agree with discussing in post, will just point out that I wouldn't have used them as examples if they were new.

And my point isn't even to say that your site is bad - my point is that this site is good, and you're making a snap judgment based on a small sample.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2074 (isolation #302) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2069, votato wrote:
In post 2037, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Flair/Blair/Clair are just voting together as a bloc without any scumhunting because they are friends outside the game. this is getting ridiculous.

REPLACE OUT
ok so i for sure thought that ABR was scum, but replacing out makes you 100% town.

gobbles must be scum
I'm not a fan of analyzing replacements, but you've taken us down that road by calling it a town tell, so... please explain?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (isolation #303) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Blair »

We've had three players replace out while being cased.

UNVOTE: Albert's Empty Slot

It isn't realistic to think we can pressure a replacement with a wagon as soon as they sub in, based on their predecessor's posts (they have no way of explaining those posts to us or changing our minds about them). I want to develop reads on those slots based on a sum of their predecessors' content and their replacements' content, but the latter is unlikely to be meaningful when they're flailing around trying to defend against the former.

Unfortunately the replacements and the death of Looker constitute most of my PoE, so I'm left with:

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (isolation #304) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Blair »

In other news, over the night phase I started working on my latest half-baked, crackpot theory.

Anyone want to follow me down the rabbit hole?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (isolation #305) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Blair »

Spoiler: Down the Rabbit Hole
The NPOM/Sakura dual ISO is fascinating! Here are some sample posts I found interesting:
In post 6, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
Vote: Sakura

Reaction test.
In post 7, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: firebringer

Reaction test.
In post 9, Sakura Hana wrote:VOTE: Firebringer

Testion React.
In post 12, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Wagon ho!

VOTE: Firebringer
In post 19, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 11, Flavor Leaf wrote:my heart
I feel like it's been a while since we played together.
SPOILERS: Flirting with me isnt gonna work.
In post 20, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Can I flirt with you?
In post 28, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 25, Flair wrote:If you say “reaction test” when you attempt to test one’s reaction, is it actually a reaction test?

Feels like you’re all just going through the motions.

Interesting nonetheless.

It's page 2.
In post 39, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Okay, so Sakura is just craving attention now.
In post 59, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 55, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 50, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 48, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 42, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 39, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Okay, so Sakura is just craving attention now.
Fire and Sakura could easily play both sides, from my experience playing in the last game.
Is that a compliment?
Just an observation.
You should be more careful with what you say, remember you have the right to remain silent.
What would the fun of that be?
In post 125, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Hey FB when was your last scum game, btw?
In post 126, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I like the agressive Sakura much more than the passive Sakura.
In post 209, NoPowerOverMe wrote:The informed info will be more usueful later in the game, I think.
In post 220, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I townpocketed Firebringer to a town win in the last game. I'm gonna do the same with Sakura this game.
In post 223, NoPowerOverMe wrote:No thanks.

I will follow her, follow her wherever she may go
There isn't an ocean too deep
A mountain so high it can keep me away
I must follow her, ever since she touched my hand I knew
That near her I always must be
And nothing can keep her from me
she is my destiny
Now, after reading the above, 50 points to Hufflepuff if anyone can explain why Blair now believes NPOM maybe be an Informed Traitor.

Maybe I'm just hoping someone will come up with a reason I can sheep.

Disclaimer: Bear in mind I did warn you this would be a half-baked, crackpot theory.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2095 (isolation #306) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Blair »

Vigilantes, if they appear at all, are usually limited to something like "Night 3 Vigilante" and aren't terribly common.

Doctors are somewhat out of style at the moment - they aren't unheard of, of course, but when a mod wants a protective role in their setup Jailkeeper has become more favorable.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (isolation #307) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Blair »

Yes, although I think it fits into the larger pattern of his strange behavior - it takes a certain hubris to assume any unexpected turn of events in night actions must be the result of a Townie recognizing you are so valuable you must be protected and the Mafia recognizing you are so valuable that you must be eliminated on the same night.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2100 (isolation #308) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Blair »

Because he immediately accepted the vigilante theory and you suspect that was a slip?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2141 (isolation #309) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2107, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2106, Flair wrote:
In post 2104, Firebringer wrote:where did the phrase my 2 cents come from.
It’s an old English idiom signifying paying one’s dues, essentially.
apparently its older than the bible because theres a reference to it in the bible.
Different parts of the Bible are different ages, by thousands of years. It may be older than some parts - but it's more likely you're seeing this in a modern "spirit not the letter" translation.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2142 (isolation #310) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2103, Flair wrote:When I first saw it I presumed he was the Vigilante, but he’s also claimed Informed Townie, so that can’t be the case. Can it?
Why do you keep coming back to this?

I swear we already had this conversation and I explained why everyone knew it was joke RVS claim.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2144 (isolation #311) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2130, Flair wrote:This whole FL > Zlair thing is legit?

Seriously?
I don't understand this reaction.

Why would it be impossible for someone to have entered the replacement queue with a new -lair alt? Admittedly, if I had seen sign-ups for a filled game like ours I probably would have done the same.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2145 (isolation #312) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2113, Zlair wrote:VOTE: Clair

L-1

This is now a serious wagon. Anyone not serious may flee like children now.
I'll bite: Why Clair?

Also, why is no one weighing in on my crackpot rabbit hole theory?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2146 (isolation #313) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2135, Flair wrote:I’ve had my fill of this game. The replacements and OOG spew makes me sick.

I’ll see you all in a few days.
I've thus far refrained from suggesting this because it seems like the sort of accusation you would react to with abject moral outrage, but... is it possible you are feigning abject moral outrage?

I would say "No one gets this worked up this easily and this often over a game" but the replacement queue of this game suggests otherwise. :lol: Nevertheless, I'm finding it harder and harder to believe.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2147 (isolation #314) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Blair »

It feels like you have been cast as the starring role in
Memoirs of an Outraged Townie,
complete with a masterful score by Howard Shore, and you are contending for an Oscar. Unfortunately for you, Michael Bay's direction isn't doing you any justice, and while your performance is breathtaking, the plot falls flat.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2150 (isolation #315) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Blair »

:igmeou:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (isolation #316) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Blair »

Mandatory nightkill analysis: Flair was not giving any PR tells and was confrontational with enough people (I was even vocally coming around to scum!Flair by end of day) that he was mislynch bait.

This kill feels less strategic and more personality-based.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (isolation #317) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Blair »

Mafia Universe. Why?

Obligatory Surface Level Read™ - Day 3 Edition:

FoS Firebringer for defending the nightkill as an objectively good kill. :wink:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2163 (isolation #318) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Blair »

*adjusts pocket review on Airbnb™ to reflect this excellent customer service experience*
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (isolation #319) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Blair »

I'm sorry, I'll switch back to mean!Blair soon if that helps you visualize scum!Blair easier.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2167 (isolation #320) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Blair »

If you cased me I could probably read you easier so sure.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (isolation #321) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Blair »

Too early to mass claim. We do that tomorrow if we don't find scum today.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (isolation #322) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Blair »

Yes, because outing a Vanilla Townie means we're "in too deep" to back out now. :lol:

Sorry, Firebringer, but im not claiming or w/e
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (isolation #323) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2178, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Alright, let's talk reads now.

I think iamausername is scum.

VOTE: iamausername
A vanilla take in a sea of spicy takes.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2181 (isolation #324) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Blair »

I want to lynch within {Zlair / Votato / Logicalicaltist} today - thoughts?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (isolation #325) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Blair »

1. Why?

2. So who would you favor from {Zlair / Logicalicaltist}?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2188 (isolation #326) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2185, Firebringer wrote:1. because sakura was obv town
Yeah that's probably fair - she fell completely apart under pressure - it could all be WIFOM of course but if someone would actually use a sub out to imitate their town game then this game isn't salvageable anyway.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (isolation #327) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Blair »

Are you town reading the Flavor Leaf/Zlair slot now, Firebringer?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (isolation #328) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Blair »

Do you think FLvABR was TvT?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (isolation #329) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Blair »

It's almost as if we have an entire phase to talk to them and decide which one to lynch. If you were reading the post you quoted you would notice I was explaining why I was moving my vote, not that I was against eventually lynching any of them by the end of the phase.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (isolation #330) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Blair »

I'd case you on the irony of you voting me for what you (mistakenly) believed to be a contradiction, but you're almost certainly town so I'll just ask you to stop being silly and help us catch scum.

Please stop being silly and help us catch scum.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (isolation #331) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:18 am

Post by Blair »

I can confirm Frederick's claim.

As to Votato's question, he knew it resolved because of my otherwise confusingly strong town read on him today. The one Clair was scumreading me for that prompted him to claim in the first place. :lol:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (isolation #332) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Blair »

@Clair

I think we both know I wouldn't have killed Flair last night. Scum!Blair endgames the -lair clones.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2243 (isolation #333) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Blair »

It's a bad take and the only reason I'm not pushing you for it is because I suspect the same is true of scum!Clair.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (isolation #334) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Blair »

I think the dynamics of the playerlist prior to Replacemageddon™ probably do a better job of explaining why I wasn't driving more wagons than anything else.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2247 (isolation #335) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2244, votato wrote:hint: tracking the friendly neighbor would be clever.
Scum doesn't make this post.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (isolation #336) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Blair »

gobbledygook wrote:Why do you guys want to lynch me?
Who are "you guys"? I didn't include you in my* lynch pool for today.

* = The only one that matters
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2262 (isolation #337) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2254, gobbledygook wrote:This game makes relatively little sense if all the Rage Quits are town.
In post 2256, gobbledygook wrote:Even if you don’t include NPOM and FL
What a strange afterthought.

NPOM didn't publicly "rage quit," he was subbed out during the night. Flavor Leaf very clearly *did* rage quit so I'm interested to hear why you included him in this correction.

If I tilt my head a little, this almost looks like trying to cover up a scum night-talk slip that you're trying to camouflage by throwing two names out.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2265 (isolation #338) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Blair »

I'm trying to say you could be scum with NPOM, and that's why you knew he rage quit even though there was no evidence of this from the game thread - he subbed out during the night phase, and if you were scum together you would know the reason due to night talk while the rest of us were in the dark.

I left the door open for you to just have some other reason for saying what you did, but you haven't explained yet why you included Flavor Leaf in your "oops, maybe not" correction.

Scum's tendency to avoid mentioning each other directly without throwing in at least one other name seems like a fair explanation in the absence of any from you.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (isolation #339) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Blair »

The mandatory 10 minute waiting period for the accused to provide an obvious, reasonable rebuttal has passed uncontested. Any explanation that takes longer than that to type can only be a dastardly scum deception.

VOTE: Gobbledygook
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2268 (isolation #340) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:19 am

Post by Blair »

Please enjoy these complimentary magazines and breath mints on the table in the waiting room. We'll be over here lynching scum if you need anything.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (isolation #341) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Blair »

The wifi password is "Vote: Gobbledygook"
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (isolation #342) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Blair »

Firebringer wrote:which network?

i see;
waitingforclaims
blairsmellsbad
firebringerisawesome
Can't remember, best just spam the password everywhere until you get a connection or scum dies.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2276 (isolation #343) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2273, Clair wrote:VOTE: Gobbledygook

I'm not sure now I want to carry this through, but I'm fine with this for the moment. I want the lurkers to step forward before I call this final.
Way to call it a pressure vote while making it as non-threatening as possible (?)

Gobbles is scum. His goose is cooked, and by goose I mean turkey and by his I mean Gobbles.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2278 (isolation #344) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2275, Zlair wrote:Damn, you made some posts that sounded so much like her. Blair, Clair isn't hoopla, right?
In post 725, Clair wrote:
In post 717, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 711, Clair wrote:ABR apparently has discarded his objectively amazing skill that had lead him to 1v1 Blair just a moment ago.
No respect whatsoever for my game lol

If you believe someone is so good they can catch scum in the first 20 pages, I've got some bad news.

It takes time and inspiration. Skill alone isn't enough.
Mhm, so your Blair read was wrong because it was page "20", and now that it's page "21" your read on me is... better?

:lol:

This is a troll, I think I can comfortably ignore everything coming out from this account now.
Because if she is, this post means she's scum.
I haven't played with Hoopla in years *fond memories montage ensues*

Which should answer your question.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2282 (isolation #345) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2277, Firebringer wrote:why is gobbles scum again.

i have null read there. Someone tell me why i should care about this.
Gobbles is scum because he let slip that he knew more about NPOM's reason for replacing out than any townie could possibly know (barring masons, I guess).

We could also test this theory by lynching NPOM's slot, which would be a more attractive avenue except NPOM's slot hasn't said anything since NPOM left.

You should care if you are town because lynching scum is a good town thing to do. You should care if you are scum because keeping your best pal Blair in your pocket is a good scum thing to do.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2284 (isolation #346) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2280, Clair wrote:Unless I'm reading you wrong, I assumed half the reason you voted Gobbledygook was to see if I really wanted to lynch him first or was just posturing. I don't, but I do.
Thank you for clearing up this sensitive matter.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2289 (isolation #347) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Blair »

He was scumreading the rage quits. You think he does that and then rage quits?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2297 (isolation #348) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Blair »

Flipping Votato would help my PoE about as much as flipping Gobblesor NPOM, so as long as we lynch in there today and mass claim tomorrow if they flip town, I'm fine with any of those.

Zlair gets to die another day because she's already pretty engaged in the game, which will make her easier to sort later rather than a functional coin flip today.
gobbledygook wrote:I take back my youre dumb comment. You’re not. Very clearly. I’m just tilted that I am trying to get back into this game and Regina George and her wenches are trying to kick me out

:shifty:
If you're getting more engaged in the game now then my read will probably change anyway. Part of my paranoia stems from the relative lack of content lately.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2302 (isolation #349) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Blair »

It's based on a light of weak wagon and nightkill analysis, but I think that's probably fair given the game state.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2303 (isolation #350) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Blair »

*lot of
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2308 (isolation #351) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Blair »

gobbledygook wrote:
In post 2210, iamausername wrote:i'm on board with FB's massclaim idea personally, because i feel like i have no damn clue about this game at this point and some claims would give me something to work with.

i'm not gonna claim if other people don't agree though.

tried to reread, but there's just so much noise. let's try a raw data approach.
peak wagons of significance, starting from this votecount because fuck doing this for the whole 70 pages of D1.

Clair (5) -
ABR
, NPOM, Sakura,
Looker
, FB
ABR (4)
- Fred, gobbles, Clair, Blair
Looker (4)
-
Flair
, Blair, gobbles,
Flair
, Fred
NPOM (5) -
ABR
, Blair, Sakura, Fred, username,
ABR

Looker
(3) - Blair,
ABR
, NPOM
Clair (3) - FB, NPOM,
ABR

stanley (7)
-
ABR
, FB, NPOM, Sakura, Blair, Fred, FL

ABR (6)
- Clair,
Flair
, Blair, votato (Sakura), gobbles, FB

not sure what i was hoping to learn from this, but i feel like it doesn't give us all that much without knowing NPOM or Clair's alignments.

on the other hand, gobbles has been on almost every known town wagon, and i suspect the only reason gobbles wasn't on stanley is that stanley went from 0 to lynch while gobbles was offline.

and also Looker was one of the only people not treating gobbles like confirmed town for an RVS joke on D1, so a scum gobbles would explain that kill.

and, oh look, Flair started to doubt his townread on gobbles and then he turns up dead too?

VOTE: gobbledygook

My name is on two town wagons meanwhile people like Blair Fred and ABR are on arguably more town wagons or just as much as me

I think he wants an easy lynch and the next lowest post count player without much gumption or presence is that mislynch
Yeah, the wagon analysis is weak because the whole thread has been all over the place with wagons, and all completed wagons reached hammer too quickly to analyze very well.

The nightkill analysis wasn't completely off base, though.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2312 (isolation #352) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2305, Zlair wrote:Do you all see the votato similarities?
In post 2294, Zlair wrote:gibus was lolhammered. votato was scumreading him and then he flipped on his stance and "believed his claim" based on that reaction. I've quoted all of the posts where gibus reacted (completely NAI if not looking a little scummy).

This might be a tendency scum!votato has where he completely flips on his read on small things like a lolhammer or replace out.
I can see it in the sense of "Votato changed his read dramatically and suddenly based on a single interaction" but without knowing if he does that as town as well, it's hard to call it alignment indicative.

I change my reads dramatically and suddenly based on single interactions, too. Look how quickly I turned on Gobbles, my top townread from Day 1.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2316 (isolation #353) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Blair »

Honestly, at this point I'd rather push NPOM/Logicalicaltist to test my Gobbles read.

Partly because I believe there is a decent probability of scum in that slot (and if he flips town then I'll know my Gobbles scumread was actually NAI), but also to salvage this game. If we lynch one of the more active players today and they flip town, we're going into lylo with an inactive, demotivated town.

I wanted to wait to interact with Logicalicaltist, but so far he's effectively posted an early NAI prod dodge.

VOTE: Logicalicaltist

Sheep me.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (isolation #354) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Blair »

Logic replaced NPOM.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (isolation #355) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Blair »

NPOM had over 200 posts, so I wouldn't call him a lurker.

NPOM was scum because when we ran a wagon up on Looker, NPOM fought the wagon and declared that he wouldn't lynch Looker because he was townreading him, despite this:
In post 1301, Blair wrote:
In post 1291, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1111, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I don't know about everyone else, but I think we can townblock me, FB, FL, Sakura, Blair, Flair, Sakura, and Turkey, at least until we have info stating otherwise.
In post 1112, NoPowerOverMe wrote:And ABR.
This is pretty scummy.

FOS: Fred
The part where he town-blocs nine players in a 13 player game, the part where he doesn’t town-bloc Looker, or the part where two of those nine players are Sakura? :lol:

P-edit: Figures :shifty:

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2323 (isolation #356) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Blair »

He town-bloc'd nearly the entire player list, then refused to lynch someone outside his town bloc because all of a sudden they were town, too. Despite being his #4 suspect in a presumably 3-scum game.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2327 (isolation #357) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Blair »

^ This is L-1.

If someone hammers without a claim again I swear.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2328 (isolation #358) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Blair »

Wait, no, it isn't. Because I saw vote tags and assumed Gobbles did the logical thing and sheeped me, but he didn't. :(
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2330 (isolation #359) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Blair »

@Logicalicaltist

iamausername has expressed support for your wagon and Clair has stated she is willing to hammer when the time comes - since you are at L-2 already, this means there is sufficient support to lynch you. Sorry you have to sub directly into this scenario, but you should probably be prepared to claim.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2346 (isolation #360) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Blair »

Have you been visited by a Friendly Neighbor?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2349 (isolation #361) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2347, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 2346, Blair wrote:Have you been visited by a Friendly Neighbor?
No Clue.
I only received Rolecard.
I’d have to ask the host in my PM about that.
Please do.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2373 (isolation #362) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Blair »

Maybe we should stop posturing about it and just...

@Logicalicaltist

There is a very real risk you will be lynched today. We would like to get your input on the game state first, and as many reads on as many living players as you have. We don't want to tell you to read 90 pages just to humor us, though. If you are planning on/already working on catching up, please let us know. If you are not planning to do so, please give us your input based on what you have read. Thank you.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (isolation #363) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Blair »

Asking directly makes a potential non-answer more meaningful, which is looking increasingly likely.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2407 (isolation #364) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2399, Clair wrote:
In post 2393, Logicalicaltist wrote: So Fred and Blair are Confirmed I take it?
Frederick claims Loyal Friendly Neighbor; his night targets receive confirmation that he is town, but only if that player is town. Night 1 he visited Looker (who is dead) and Night 2 he visited Blair. Frederick claimed today and Blair backed it up, which clears Fred. Blair had Frederick as a scum-null read all game and today claimed out of nowhere that Frederick was almost surely town, which practically confirms Blair. This is why you were asked if you'd been visited, though I'm not sure why as nobody has Frederick has not claimed to have targeted you.
I missed where Fredrick claimed his Night 1 visit. :lol:

Thinking that he hadn't stated his Night 1 visit yet, I was hoping to catch him in a lie (or confirm him as town).
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2409 (isolation #365) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Blair »

Catch LOGIC lying good grief...
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2412 (isolation #366) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by Blair »

UNVOTE:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2416 (isolation #367) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2390, Clair wrote:This is where we stand:

Blair

stan1ey

Fredrick A Campbell

Albert B. Rampage

votato
Sakura Hana

Firebringer
Clair
iamausername
gobbledygook
Logicalicaltist
NoPowerOverMe

Flair

Zlair
Flavor Leaf

Looker
My take:

Votato:
  • Sakura really scummed this slot up for me, mostly due to her interactions with Flavor Leaf, which felt forced and unnatural to me.
  • On the other hand, players who know her better than me were town reading her and her rage quit seems to fit her town meta.
  • Votato has since taken over this slot and so far I am firmly votato-reading him.
Clair:
  • Has been widely scumread and wagoned multiple times.
  • Flair kill feels unlikely to come from scum!Clair to me, but this is a very weak tell.
  • Generally difficult to read this slot. I don't find her suspicious enough to lynch, nor townie enough to town-bloc.
Firebringer:
  • Another fairly commonly pushed slot. Not a lot of obvious efforting coming from this slot, but this seems like a playstyle thing. Could be scum, but more likely mislynch bait.

iamausername:
  • Very low content slot, but I generally like their content when they do post.
  • Another widely scumread slot, although Gobbles feels there has not been enough pressure here.

Gobbledygook:
  • Was a strong townread of mine Day 1.
  • Kind of vanished after that. Has creeped into many players' PoE through perceived lurking.

Logicalicaltist:
  • NPOM was an on-again, off-again scumread throughout Day 1, and became widely scumread after opposing the Looker wagon as an obvious mislynch, despite Looker being his #4 suspect and outside his (massive) town bloc.

Zlair:
  • Flavor Leaf scummed this slot up with a quickhammer on Day 1, was widely scumread Day 2 before rage quitting.
  • Zlair has made a lot of ambiguous posts and isn't easy to sort yet.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2417 (isolation #368) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2414, gobbledygook wrote:I love how the Air twins both post immediately after I post yet are not here to engage me. :think:
It takes a long time to type on mobile!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2421 (isolation #369) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2413, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 2411, Clair wrote:VOTE: gobbledygook
I’m really just starting to think my earlier hypothesis may be correct and this game is EZ mode if we think all of the ragequits are town.
If it were one or two rage quits, but town bloc'ing that many players over something like that is too much for me.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2425 (isolation #370) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2420, Logicalicaltist wrote:What was the exact message you got?
Word from word.
You know I can't answer this without getting modkilled. Why ask?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2426 (isolation #371) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Blair »

I wish this were "Guess the alts" instead of "Find the mafia" because I have great reads for the former.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2430 (isolation #372) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Blair »

Trick question, votato has no main. He is a figment of our collective consciousness. Sakura's slot is still waiting for a replacement.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2451 (isolation #373) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Blair »

UNVOTE:
Spoiler:
Just trying to do my part to make the vote count as confusing as possible, since apparently that's what everyone is doing (?)

(I had already unvoted Logic, he is still at L-1)
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2453 (isolation #374) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2344, Logicalicaltist wrote:Didn’t look like I was replacing into a slot that was decently scum read.
But then again didn’t look like I was replacing into a slot that was heavily Town read either.
In post 2389, Logicalicaltist wrote:I’ve read only a couple of posts in this game.
I'm confused. How much of this game have you read? Am I wrong to think it sounds like you read enough to get a read on your slot before replacing in, yet are also claiming to have only read a couple posts?
In post 2419, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 1158, gobbledygook wrote:{Looker, FB, Clair}
Maybe

VOTE: Looker
In post 1929, gobbledygook wrote:VOTE: Flavor Leaf
Here we have someone’s PoE.
When someone has a list of who they think are scum you expect them to follow it right?
WRONG! Not Gobble. He’s a Turkey!
You realize those two posts are nearly 800 posts apart and in completely different phases, yes?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2476 (isolation #375) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2474, Clair wrote:If you weren't cleared I'd be scumreading you for this post, because it seems like you have null or neutral reads on just about everyone. Do you have a lynch preference list right now?
I think I've given several indications of my lynch pool for today.

{Logic / Zlair / Votato}

I'll also point out (because I see now that I neglected to mention it in the post you quoted) that I moved the player order around from your post to put Firebringer and iamausername next to each other because I had intended to note that I do not believe there is more than one scum between them.

If there is interest in pushing between {iamausername / Firebringer} today I would support a wagon on iamausername to see what it produced, but pushing Firebringer today seems pointless.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (isolation #376) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Blair »

I don't like lynching a fresh replacement, but that's half the playerlist in this game right now, and I'll say I do believe Logic is the optimal lynch at the moment.

It would also be remiss not to point out Logic and Clair are both testing the waters to see if anyone may doubt my cleared status. :igmeou:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2478 (isolation #377) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Blair »

Intent to hammer: Logicalicaltist

Anyone not serious about this wagon may flee like Clair now.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (isolation #378) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Blair »

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2482 (isolation #379) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Blair »

VOTE: Logicalicaltist
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2490 (isolation #380) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Blair »

At this point, I'm open to Firebringer's mass claim. Someone knows something about what happened last night, and I want to hear it.

I also want everyone to answer if they received a friendly neighbor message last night.

The order of claims is irrelevant to me.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2492 (isolation #381) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Blair »

I like that order a lot, actually. Only nitpick I have is I think iamausername should probably be earlier (maybe before votato?)

I realize I just said I didn't care
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (isolation #382) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Blair »

Clair, can I ask why you had iamausername so low on your initial list? Nothing in your ISO suggests to me that you were town reading them, yet you had them as the last claim before you and I.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2495 (isolation #383) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Blair »

Also, Firebringer already claimed yesterday.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (isolation #384) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Blair »

If there was no particular reason, and they're all equal to you, then why is the new order "better"?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2507 (isolation #385) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Blair »

Gobbles claim pl0x
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2513 (isolation #386) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Blair »

Clair is right, there is no point in no lynching today because we have clears, so the nightkill is not actually going to narrow down our PoE, it just means we will be lynching with fewer town voices.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2522 (isolation #387) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Blair »

We get it, Gobbledygook. Odds are better to find 3/7 scum than 3/8 scum.

But we aren't looking for three scum in eight, because we have two clears. One of those clears will die if we no lynch, so we're looking for 3/6 scum either way.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2527 (isolation #388) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Blair »

Please remember to claim if you were visited by a Friendly Neighbor!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2529 (isolation #389) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Blair »

What's your role sans modifiers?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2532 (isolation #390) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Blair »

Targets?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2535 (isolation #391) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Blair »

I don't see any reason to claim whether or not you used both shots, unless a Tracker claim or something asks you to.

I do want to continue the mass claim as scheduled, though.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (isolation #392) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2532, Blair wrote:Targets?
Gobbles?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2537 (isolation #393) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Blair »

At least claim last night's for now.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2541 (isolation #394) » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Blair »

PoE today is six players, three of which are scum, so this probably won't be the only 1v1 we see today. Reserving judgment until we have more information.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2550 (isolation #395) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Blair »

Before I claim

This should come as no surprise

But someone is lying

This is not one of those "Just claim your real night targets in the mass claim" scum teams
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2551 (isolation #396) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Blair »

Well, technically two people are lying, but one of the liars is town. :lol:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2552 (isolation #397) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Blair »

Last call for someone to come forward with an explanation for the other thing that happened last night.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2557 (isolation #398) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Blair »

Gobbles I wasn't even talking about you. :eek:

*THREE people were lying, then... :shifty:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2565 (isolation #399) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Blair »

Lie #1

Spoiler:
Gobbledygook is not a Doctor. He already admitted this as soon as I said someone is lying, but I gotta build suspense. :wink:

Lie #2

Spoiler:
I targeted Firebringer last night, and was unable to complete my action. Which means either I was roleblocked or Firebringer was jailed last night. No one's claims have explained this interaction.

Lie #3

Spoiler:
Frederick is not a Loyal Friendly Neighbor.

The Truth

Spoiler:
I am an
Announcing Neapolitan.

I investigated iamausername Night 1 and learned they
are not
a Vanilla Townie. I breadcrumbed this the next day when I quoted his first post of Day 2 and replied "A spicy take in a sea of vanilla takes."

I investigated Frederick Night 2 and learned they
are
a Vanilla Townie. I breadcrumbed this the next day when I quoted his first post of Day 3 and replied "A vanilla take in a sea of spicy takes."

I investigated Firebringer Night 3 (duh, they claimed VT) and received no result.

I'll admit Frederick's fake claim was one of the greatest town gambits ever (unless we lose, then no one will care). He picked up my breadcrumb (although it took him a minute, I had to double down by stating my strong townread on him) and claimed a role that would explain my read progression, clear both of us, and protect me from the nightkill. I confirmed his claim, because duh.

Please everyone unvote and let's discuss this. We have a lot to digest.

My initial suspicions are Clair (I think she jailed me) and Gobbles (he blinked first when I said I knew someone was lying).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”