inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:16 am

Post by inutile »

hm
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:17 am

Post by inutile »

In post 5, Ausuka wrote:Hoppip I like your username let's be bffs
In post 17, hoppip wrote:Hi!

VOTE: inutile
had/have a feeling (?)
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:21 am

Post by inutile »

In post 8, Ausuka wrote:This is a pretty standard game opener for this site, I didn't really have anything to say to you because nothing you said was alignment indicative, sorry for ignoring you
yeah your opener pretty paint by numbers but you're aware so

vote someone
say something about someone else in same post
encourage engagement
make an early read!!
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:21 am

Post by inutile »

In post 21, DeltaWave wrote:Please advise how to make your vote look cool like that so I can call an emergency meeting to vote out those who are sus
[ vote ] player name [ / vote ]

without the spaces
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:22 am

Post by inutile »

i think [ v ] player name [ / v ] also works but the above is the one i use
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:26 am

Post by inutile »

In post 25, Ausuka wrote:What does this mean?
oh i was asking if you had/have a feeling because i might have had/currently have a feeling

but not alignment related, so! more a wondering aloud
In post 25, Ausuka wrote:Not sure what you're trying to say here.
was saying it felt like a sort of

"this is how to post at the beginning of the game" thing

like especially the first post is textbook "how to rvs"
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:29 am

Post by inutile »

though i am now kinda curious what else you could have thought i was trying to say there (also to me i am simply saying it not trying to say but i understand that i am often unclear and am happy to clarify)
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:30 am

Post by inutile »

In post 28, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 26, inutile wrote:oh i was asking if you had/have a feeling because i might have had/currently have a feeling

but not alignment related, so! more a wondering aloud
what does this mean
it means i was asking if ausuka has/had a non-alignment related feeling as i did/or at least did after hoppip's first post

what else could it mean? i do not really understand people's focus on this
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:31 am

Post by inutile »

In post 29, Ausuka wrote:Ok, am I mafia?
i mean, you could be??

i wasn't saying that out of context i was thinking about the question you were asked about your opener and your response to it
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:38 am

Post by inutile »

In post 32, Ausuka wrote:
In post 27, inutile wrote:
though i am now kinda curious what else you could have thought i was trying to say there (also to me i am simply saying it not trying to say but i understand that i am often unclear and am happy to clarify)
I didn't really know. I mean, I think talking about my opener being textbook RVS seems somewhat nonsensical? It's the very start of the game, there aren't many options.

I don't really have a feeling about hoppip. Maybe I will later, idk.

Pedit: I'm trying to ask, like, what are you getting at with what you're saying? Were you just narrating my play?
you made very common opener, which you were aware of and said when asked, i guess i was thinking through the noteworthiness of nuclear gandhi's questioning of it and your response to it

shrug

i guess i don't really understand as it still kinda feels like you're just doing the engagement thing with me but that's more player indicative and not alignment indicative so
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:39 am

Post by inutile »

In post 33, inutile wrote:
In post 32, Ausuka wrote:
In post 27, inutile wrote:
I didn't really know. I mean, I think talking about my opener being textbook RVS seems somewhat nonsensical? It's the very start of the game, there aren't many options.

I don't really have a feeling about hoppip. Maybe I will later, idk.

Pedit: I'm trying to ask, like, what are you getting at with what you're saying? Were you just narrating my play?
you made very common opener, which you were aware of and said when asked, i guess i was thinking through the noteworthiness of nuclear gandhi's questioning of it and your response to it

shrug

i guess i don't really understand as it still kinda feels like you're just doing the engagement thing with me but that's more player indicative and not alignment indicative so
like it's not like i thought

"and now i will narrate ausuka's play"

but if you want to describe my posting that way you probable can it's not not applicable ya know
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:54 am

Post by inutile »

In post 36, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 32, Ausuka wrote:I don't really have a feeling about hoppip. Maybe I will later, idk.
Why bring it up then?
i asked ausuka about as i was trying to gauge familiarity similarly to how nuclear gandhi was but this has led to very little other than confusion

so

sorry
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:56 am

Post by inutile »

In post 38, Ausuka wrote:hmm

can you at least do whatever it is you would do to sort me as it feels like the extent of your scumread if you're town is simply that i do not communicate effectively which is obvious and i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:06 am

Post by inutile »

In post 42, Ausuka wrote:
In post 40, inutile wrote:

can you at least do whatever it is you would do to sort me as it feels like the extent of your scumread if you're town is simply that i do not communicate effectively which is obvious and i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias
I think is weird considering you say you're not scumreading me - tonally it doesn't sit right with me, especially the double exclamation points

What mafias should I be looking at right now instead?
In post 41, Frogsterking wrote:Inutile and Asuka both townlocked.
Why?
? it could easily be explained as coming from either mafia or town, why would i only consider the scumread aspect of it?

the only read i am currently sure of is that i am town, thus, anyone else

i wasn't saying,

go look at X instead

i was if you're town look at me however it is you do so because i am town and the sooner you discover that the better for the game

like i am willing to walk through the same five posts or whatever forever if necessary

but they seem to be a much bigger deal to non-me parties than they are to me i was simply thinking through the interaction between you and nuclear gandhi as i read it
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:10 am

Post by inutile »

In post 45, inutile wrote:
In post 42, Ausuka wrote:
In post 40, inutile wrote:

I think is weird considering you say you're not scumreading me - tonally it doesn't sit right with me, especially the double exclamation points

What mafias should I be looking at right now instead?
In post 41, Frogsterking wrote:Inutile and Asuka both townlocked.
Why?
? it could easily be explained as coming from either mafia or town, why would i only consider the scumread aspect of it?

the only read i am currently sure of is that i am town, thus, anyone else

i wasn't saying,

go look at X instead

i was if you're town look at me however it is you do so because i am town and the sooner you discover that the better for the game

like i am willing to walk through the same five posts or whatever forever if necessary

but they seem to be a much bigger deal to non-me parties than they are to me i was simply thinking through the interaction between you and nuclear gandhi as i read it
like i came to the game and thought,

oh hoppip voted me maybe i know hoppip

and then

hm, that was a kinda weird interaction between ausuka and nuclear gandhi, lemme see what ausuka might have been doing and why nuclear gandhi might have thought it was noteworthy

and that was pretty much the extent of it

and it feels like you're now scumreading me because i did not communicate that well

like i use exclamations like that a lot i don't really know what to tell you there
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 67, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 40, inutile wrote: i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias
This has big "how do you do fellow kids" energy

VOTE: Inutile
trying to see if there’s traction?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 54, furtiveglance wrote:Are you guys fighting already? Stop fighting guys. Or let me join in.
i do not think ‘fighting’ would be a very accurate description of our interactions there
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 70, inutile wrote:
In post 40, inutile wrote: i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias

also want to note the delta wave vote followed by hoppip unvote
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 72, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 70, inutile wrote:

"let's find the mafias guys! we're all in it together"

you seem nervous
anxious would be a better description but sure always am
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by inutile »

but yes i would like to find the mafias i do not really get what you’re saying
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 79, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 77, inutile wrote:but yes i would like to find the mafias i do not really get what you’re saying
yeah that's the point of the game. the problem is that it's sus imo to try too hard to look town
eh do not think i was trying particularly hard there to look town just stating a preference for ausuka to directly sort me now as to not detract from game

but eh the issues you’re having with me here have been fairly common experiences for me throughout so shrug
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by inutile »

what thoughts do you have on game outside of me right now?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 85, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:But you were trying to look town? I consider this as admission for guilt.
????

i was stating a preference for ausuka to directly sort me like i just said

the scumreads on me right now are all either like miscommunications which in your case does not even feel like you are trying to see what i am saying simply trying to say 'aha! you're a mafia!' which does not seem very towny of you at all

or simply indicative of me as a person like yes i am anxious you can see that in literally all of my games people have said those type of things before
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:05 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 85, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:I couldn't even comprehend what they were trying to say, not to mention trying to read them - best I could come up with was they were flabbergasted from wolf stress. That is, until their "I wasn't trying to look town that much" which I think has a chance of being a slip.
this isn't true at all you could simply read any of the games i have played on this account or others (shiki, angela, drusilla, team rocket queen, hari, many more) to see that

if you are having trouble understanding something i am trying to communicate please just ask me as it is very very frustrating for me to have to play with someone saying 'you are a mafia! because i do not comprehend you even though i have no tried to ask you!'

like i understand that i do not communicate well have said so already this game and am more than willing to elaborate/rephrase et cetera that does not bother me at all to do

but when people do not try to to understand and then say i am a wolf because they do not understand that is very very very very very very frustrating for me
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:19 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 89, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
eh do not think i was trying particularly hard there to look town
But you were trying to look town? I consider this as admission for guilt.
Does anyone else believe this's a stretch read?
you've already tried to rephrase it as something very different from what i even said so it is so hard for me to see this as anything more than you want to say i am mafia whether that is because you are mafia or because you simply think this is likely (which again kinda hard for me to see) but idrk

like i was directly replying to delta wave saying i was possibly trying too hard to look town which i was not that isn't what was occurring and you are instead saying that i was saying that i was trying to look like a town because i am not a town which doesn't really follow

and well town should try to be townread greeting and i have discussed that at some length in a previous game however i wasn't even thinking about that at all at the time
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by inutile »

hmm let's see let's see let us see
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 104, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:But perhaps you can explain to me why would the thought "how much I tried to appeared towny?" pop in a townies thought process
it didn't 'pop into my thought process' tho?? i was simply responding to deltawave saying they thought i might have been trying too hard to look town
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 113, furtiveglance wrote:Consensus (or close to consensus) reads I have:

Inutile,
hmhm
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 200, inutile wrote:
In post 113, furtiveglance wrote:Consensus (or close to consensus) reads I have:

Inutile,
hmhm
it's like, hm

like multiple people voting me at that point

hmhm
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:10 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 150, DeltaWave wrote:idk this is very reminiscent of how I played scum when I first started playing mafia. i'm not going to tunnel on him but i do feel it's suspect
i have played a good bit of mafia at this point; >50 games on this site so far

also it/she please
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:14 pm

Post by inutile »

@mod
In post 156, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Vote Count 1.2Nuclear Gandhi (3): Eiralox, Greeting, Frogsterking
inutile (2): DeltaWave, Nuclear Gandhi
DeltaWave (2): furtiveglance, BlueBloodedToffee
furtiveglance (1): Ausuka

Not Voting: Juice, inutile, Mohab500, hoppip, hutmeil

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to forcibly remove a player.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-28 15:00:00)
mohab500 voted me in :
In post 92, Mohab500 wrote:
Vote: Inutile
I am just on the wagon,
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 170, Eiralox wrote:
In post 161, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 160, Eiralox wrote:I have my reasons. No one's going to vote Mohab. Ghandi is still blatant scum. looking for the partners.
Do you want to share those reasons? Or at least invent some?
Im not sharing. And i'm starting to think you and ghandi are together. I don't like toffee's entrance or wrong read on frogster but I can still sort of see town there. But you? Toffee's defense of Ghandi is blatant, yours isn't and that wearies me.
hm,

because the votes? or is your main reasoning the passive defense?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 177, Greeting wrote:@
a lot of players

It's Gandhi not Ghandi.
(also it's inutile not intuile +)
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:23 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 204, inutile wrote:because the votes? or is your main reasoning the passive defense?
hutmeil votes furtiveglance ()
deltawave votes inutile ()
hoppip unvotes ()
nuclear gandhi votes inutile ()
mohab500 votes inutile ()
ausuka unvotes ()
eiralox votes nuclear gandhi ()
greeting votes nuclear gandhi ()
frogsterking votes nuclear gandhi ()
furtiveglance votes deltawave ()
ausuka votes furtiveglance ()
hutmeil unvotes ()
bluebloodedtoffee votes deltawave ()
juice votes nuclear gandhi ()
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:04 am

Post by inutile »

In post 219, DeltaWave wrote:i truly do not understand why people see inutile as town. as i said before, if there's evidence that she always plays this way (even as town) then my tune might change but to date, nobody has done so unless I somehow missed it.
i do not really understand why you’re discounting the player familiar with me (greeting) saying i play like this nor why you haven’t simply looked at my previous games yourself, but to make it very easy here are my isos from a few of my most recent games:

mini normal 2267 - (as angela, town) this is the normal greeting moderated and referenced earlier

achromatic calamity (as anahit, town)

micro blitz iv (as shiki, mafia)

anyway around in a few hours
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #35) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:20 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 283, hoppip wrote:
In post 192, hoppip wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 171, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 163, Ausuka wrote:
In post 143, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 120, Ausuka wrote:
In post 113, furtiveglance wrote:Here are some reads of mine.

Consensus (or close to consensus) reads I have:

Frogsterking, Ausuka, Inutile, Hoppip Town

Reads that aren't consensus (I think):

Nuclear Ghandhi Town, Mohab sus, DeltaWave sus

I sus DeltaWave for this, and I think their delayed omgus style interaction with hoppip () also is mafia.

VOTE: DeltaWave
I'd like if you could elaborate on your townreads.

Can you elaborate on your thoughts on 83 as well? I really do not see what you're seeing there
I missed this intially because I posted right after. I townread you for the progression on inutile, it looked natural. Frogsterking is making a lot of reads early on which I usually find towny. Inutile and Hoppip both just seem to have an innocent kind of energy, I can see their approaches to the game being from a town perspective.

interested me because DeltaWave says Hoppip is acting sus after their interaction in , in which Hoppip said DeltaWave 'shaded Inutile for superficial reasons', which is what it looked like to me as well. Hence I called it a delayed omgus.
Ok, the townreads don't do a lot for me but to be fair it is very early in the game, so

I don't think hoppip was really calling Delta suspicious in post 82. He seemed to be saying that Delta's point is bad but he's not necessarily scum for it. In any case, I'm still not really sure what you mean and why you find it suspicious - it's only one post after so not really delayed, and anyway don't you think town could suspect someone who they're in some sort of confrontation with? The idea of 'delayed omgus' just feels off to me honestly.
Ok, you're right that delayed omgus isn't the right term. It's a knee-jerk reaction nonetheless, it felt to me that DeltaWave didn't want to allow Hoppip to put a bit of sus on them without getting the last word. As to whether or not Hoppip did put sus on DeltaWave, I would argue the answer is yes, whether intentional or otherwise. They said that DeltaWave 'looked bad' to them. So I read into that a bit, I thought DeltaWave looked worse from the whole interaction. I understand your issue with buzzwords like 'omgus', I have the same thing. But in this case I thought it was notable that DeltaWave didn't let it slide, they said they would respond later but made the point of saying that hoppip was being 'somewhat sus'.

Delta wanting to get the last word was interesting to me. Makes it seem like it was for the sake of their ego rather than agenda-driven. I get the feeling that they tend to suspect people based on their own perspective of how Mafia should be played instead of an individual player-to-player basis.

When I get some free time, I'll look through their past games and see if this is something that they can recreate in their scum games.
VOTE: Delta

Doesn't seem like they have any recent completed games, last one was seven years ago. I think it looks pretty bad that they didn't think to mention that a meta dive on their past games would be fruitless and out of date. I think that's worth a pressure vote or two.

Besides, who doesn't love competing wagons? :cool:
wait

what?

why would you expect town!delta wave to mention this unprompted?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #36) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 287, inutile wrote:why would you expect town!delta wave to mention this unprompted?

i am asking why would this be potentially scum indicative to you?

i guess i don't really get at all why this in particular 'looks bad' to you
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #37) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 279, Ausuka wrote:Anyone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's really obvious why I would criticise team solving.
hm i actually think mentioning potential associative connections probably fine and good

like it's not like that means 'these two are mafias together!!!'

but rather oh there might be something to this

like something like furtiveglance has now started two wagons since nuclear gandhi became the leading wagon, let me note this for myself and others

seems fine and good yeah

but sure the pushing hard partners like eiralox was doing a bit maybe i can see what you're saying

but even then that helpful for others to look at maybe try to connect the dots that eiralox connecting

see if

a) it makes sense

and

b) if it seems reasonable perspective wise how it came to be for town et cetera
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #38) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 288, inutile wrote:
In post 287, inutile wrote:why would you expect town!delta wave to mention this unprompted?

i am asking why would this be potentially scum indicative to you?

i guess i don't really get at all why this in particular 'looks bad' to you
i guess maybe unless you thought you saying you were going to look at their past games
was
a prompt for delta wave to say, 'hey that would be fruitless i haven't played any games in seven years' or whatever

but, uh,

i still do not understand how delta wave not doing so would be more likely to come from a mafia
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #39) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 237, Juice wrote:someone scum reads me for my RVS - ROFLCOPTER
not really sure i even buy into the narrative that that was an rvs vote

like a page 8 random vote on the leading wagon seems kinda unlikely for a lot of reasons

though i get that you've also not played in some time so maybe different expectations but still seems unlikely

yeah
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #40) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:02 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 254, Frogsterking wrote:Gandhi's not coming back lol

Gandhi was scum's savior and they got SHUT DOWN
it kinda feels like

like you’re playing a different game

like i still don’t really understand where this survey thing is going

thought it was going to be one of those like

‘how much experience do you have playing mafia?’

things people sometimes do for unknown reasons as they seem not so beneficial to me

but i guess not? at this point in the game so idk

and the connections you’re making harder to follow

and!

at some point you said something about ausuka maybe having more that they weren’t saying

and your expectation that that be stated kinda weird since you’re playing the ‘i have a secret read game’

which is like

either your read is worth sharing and should be shared

or!

it is not in which case why even say you have the aforementioned read

but anyway!

yeah kinda maybe feels that way wrt nuclear gandhi but also people are busy et cetera we shall see
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #41) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 293, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 292, inutile wrote:like i still don’t really understand where this survey thing is going

thought it was going to be one of those like

‘how much experience do you have playing mafia?’
No it's much better than that.
is it like

something you planned on doing before the game started (regardless of alignment?)?

or did something that occurred lead you to think ‘ya know what, a survey might be just the thing to find the mafias here’?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #42) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 295, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 292, inutile wrote:and the connections you’re making harder to follow
Your posts are difficult to follow so glass houses. I still think you're Town and have a tendency to make good points. I accept that I have to work a little bit harder to understand what you're saying than I do with most other players. I prefer you reciprocate that attitude toward my slot.
i certainly understand that and am willing to put in the work to do so

however the questions i would often like answered to help fill in those dots have already been asked and you refused to answer on more than one occasion

like for some things there can be implied reasoning but some of your ‘x is town/scum’ type of statements it is like, i am not and would not like to be a mind reader

but also understand maybe you are asking for patience and that is something i am trying to be better about
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #43) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 297, inutile wrote:like for some things there can be implied reasoning but some of your ‘x is town/scum’ type of statements it is like, i am not and would not like to be a mind reader
or the 'ausuka there are findable scums posting' type of thing

it is like, unless your purpose was to specifically see what ausuka would come back with, hard to see i guess
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #44) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 299, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 292, inutile wrote:at some point you said something about ausuka maybe having more that they weren’t saying

and your expectation that that be stated kinda weird since you’re playing the ‘i have a secret read game’

which is like

either your read is worth sharing and should be shared
There's a significant amount of content that I'm holding back. I have an overactive imagination which is a double edged sword, and I don't think all of my ideas are worth sharing. I also think sometimes it's better to let things play out.

I mentioned my reads because I was excited about them because I think I have a good grasp on this game. I also believe it's best not to share them at this time in order to avoid the effects of
response bias
. My intention is to play significantly more forthcoming in the last half of D1 and beyond.
ah so this:
In post 297, inutile wrote:but also understand maybe you are asking for patience
mostly

okay
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #45) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:46 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 303, Frogsterking wrote:Okay: what was your question?
who / why with regards to the scumreads mostly

also curious about your expectation of others to elaborate on things but you thinking it's better for you to keep things to yourself

it's like the kinda dissonance that seems maybe not great for solving the game to me but dunno if alignment indicative

but also a) what do i know

and b) the patience thing
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #46) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:48 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 304, inutile wrote:but dunno if alignment indicative
there's always the 'future content' time traveler sort of thing but not perfectly applicable here and you've felt quite towny to me at times

so mostly yeah will try to be patient sorry
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #47) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 306, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 305, inutile wrote:there's always the 'future content' time traveler
What is that?
scums are time travelers because they know the solution to the mystery so they are more likely to play in the future rather than the present and often have a plan for how they hope or think things will play out or potentially play out whereas towns are just weighing very most likely mafia right now

like you'll often see this present itself with players saying 'i am going to do this' or 'hold me to this' because they have an expectation of themselves

which isn't an only comes from mafia thing but more often than random would indicate in my experience

if i were better at construct thought process and less messy maybe i'd be able to apply / know when to apply when not to apply

but like i said, maybe not super applicable here anyway especially as the survey was something you planned on doing before the game started and! probably better/more accurate to evaluate the second half of day one forward rather than trying to weigh it preemptively
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #48) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:25 pm

Post by inutile »

inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #49) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by inutile »

a bunch of these links are to the member pages of the users who posted them rather than to the post themselves - you can use [ post ] number [ / post ] example instead of copy pasting
In post 327, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:- I guess what looked like inutile narrating Ausuka's play but then trying to diffuse the situation when asked about why, it was really him thinking out loud.
if you would prefer to use a gendered pronoun when referring to me instead of it that is okay but please use she/her if so
In post 327, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:- inutile, if you read this, what did you mean by "traction" in 70? viewtopic.php?p=13480622#p13480622
it felt like deltawave may have been trying to see if my wagon might be feasible, like testing the waters
In post 327, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:- Really wish inutile in 74 viewtopic.php?p=13480627#p13480627 didn't leave his comment to implications and instead said what they think. What's the point other than off hand shade throwing? If you throw shades at least don't leave them to implications and say what you mean.
but noting it is what i thought; i thought it was a potentially noteworthy vote, as it was an unvote by someone who hadn't been posting in the thread at the time immediately following someone else voting me, so i wanted to remember it happened
In post 327, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:- due to 90 viewtopic.php?p=13480744#p13480744 I've the feeling that inutile is the type of person who's super easy to get voted out if you're Mafia, all you need is to sus them and their focus will be limited to defending themselves, which can only lead to their overall game contribution to look nothing but scummy. I think we should give inutile some breathing room. Again, I'm super certain that slot is easily solvable in the long run.
uhh

i have never been eliminated day one and i have been voted out a total of once ever as town so no i do not think i am the type of person who is super easy to get voted out

like i often get briefly suspected early in games because people say i am "weird" when really they are mostly just noting that my brain works differently and sure sometimes mafia push me because they have to

but sure yes i do get preoccupied by things of the sort at times and that is why when ausuka voted me for instance i asked that they please try to sort me immediately if town because i know it hurts the game
In post 327, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:- At this point in game inutile is/was such a low hanging fruit, that I think 95 viewtopic.php?p=13480777#p13480777 is a good look for Ausuka. Not by much, because multiple people called inutile town by this point. But I do believe a inutile miselim would had been an easy path for a wolf!Ausuka.
but anyone familiar with me or partnered with someone familiar with me would potentially know that the chances on my becoming widely townread there would be fairly high so i wouldn't give too much weight to ausuka townreading me like you are saying i was low hanging fruit but yeah i was already being townread by others and i think even mafias unfamiliar with me at that point might realize it wasn't a good angle

but ausuka would have to be a very 'finger on the pulse' sort of player as mafia to be mafia here, which isn't impossible but it seems more likely to me right now that ausuka simply realized that it wasn't an alignment thing but rather a personality thing they were keying on
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #50) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 345, hoppip wrote:inutile, hutmeil, Mohab500, hopefully you three can vote soon, even if you vote me I think it would be helpful to see where you want to push!
i will vote when i would like for the person i am voting to be eliminated or at the very least to claim
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 379, inutile wrote:
In post 345, hoppip wrote:inutile, hutmeil, Mohab500, hopefully you three can vote soon, even if you vote me I think it would be helpful to see where you want to push!
i will vote when i would like for the person i am voting to be eliminated or at the very least to claim
wait hm

do you do you do you do you do you do you think i would be likely to vote for you right now if i were to vote?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #52) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:56 am

Post by inutile »

In post 411, DeltaWave wrote:could someone kindly explain to me what the hubbub is about nuclear, because i still frankly do not understand what went on in the first 10 pages with this wagon
do you think nuclear gandhi has been towny since being wagoned?

like yea the wagon has largely gone away but in that time nuclear gandhi has made one post about the first four pages which was a whole change of approach from previous posting

so is the extent of your thoughts on nuclear gandhi still dunno why they were wagoned?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #53) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:58 am

Post by inutile »

In post 401, hutmeil wrote:Initially I gave Juice the benefit of the doubt (late RVS??). Then the slot voted Delta which I town lean, then town reads Ausuka for no given reason.

VOTE: Juice

As for the other slots, I'm willing to give a pass since it's still D1.

This is E-1 (if I counted correctly).
at least you counted correctly

this sort of thing a large part of why i vote the way i do
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #54) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:04 am

Post by inutile »

In post 390, Eiralox wrote:i kinda agree with ausuka. in general i like to play within the time we have, like give it at least three more days. i'm a fan of no exes on many day ones but i'm very certain that's not a thing that easily gains traction here so I rarely mention it, or rarely self-meta.

Can Juice be scum? Yes.

Are there slots that................................... have flown under the radar? Definitely. Ghandi has given me no satisfaction thus far. and many others besides.

So @juice if u town u gotta talk yo
in most cases eliminating someone and not eliminating someone day one both use one of our potential eliminations due to player count so it is almost always correct to eliminate someone

however i would also like to use as much of our time as we can reasonably
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #55) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:13 am

Post by inutile »

In post 415, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 413, inutile wrote:
In post 411, DeltaWave wrote:could someone kindly explain to me what the hubbub is about nuclear, because i still frankly do not understand what went on in the first 10 pages with this wagon
do you think nuclear gandhi has been towny since being wagoned?

like yea the wagon has largely gone away but in that time nuclear gandhi has made one post about the first four pages which was a whole change of approach from previous posting

so is the extent of your thoughts on nuclear gandhi still dunno why they were wagoned?
i'm going to ISO nuclear after work and share some thoughts.

the part that confuses me about the wagon is that there were such immediate polar reactions and i couldn't figure out where that was coming from.
i mean, nuclear gandhi was focusing on wording in a way that felt like they simply wanted to say ‘inutile is a mafia!’ not to figure out if i was; like for you it was like, it’s similar to me as newbie mafia therefore mafia, which doesn’t really make sense but can kinda see how you might have gotten there but nuclear gandhi was pushing me for responding to you saying i might have been trying to look town while completely ignoring the context of my statement (and now with more information i know they viewed me as an easy elimination at the time)

so it is like, hm
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #56) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:21 am

Post by inutile »

In post 408, hutmeil wrote:[Already explained this. Basically, the slot lurks but is good enough for an elim because he has voted and given his read, so we can get some info next day]
Juice
what info do you think we would get here?

like had you counted incorrectly and hammered juice,

what would a green flip mean about others? a red flip?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #57) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:25 am

Post by inutile »

In post 415, DeltaWave wrote:the part that confuses me about the wagon is that there were such immediate polar reactions and i couldn't figure out where that was coming from.
also your wagon felt possibly a reaction to nuclear gandhi's wagon and it seems odd to me that you seem to have dismissed that possibility
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #58) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:33 am

Post by inutile »

In post 420, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 419, inutile wrote:
In post 415, DeltaWave wrote:the part that confuses me about the wagon is that there were such immediate polar reactions and i couldn't figure out where that was coming from.
also your wagon felt possibly a reaction to nuclear gandhi's wagon and it seems odd to me that you seem to have dismissed that possibility
i actually think i pointed that out with BBT's vote. i dont think furtive is scum but bbt hopping on when they did and why they did was sus to me.
oh i guess i missed that, or at least missed you connecting it to the timing of it and it’s potential relationship with nuclear gandhi’s wagon,

hmhmhm
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #59) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by inutile »

please unvote
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #60) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:17 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 462, Greeting wrote:
Announcing intent to hammer Juice.
i… don’t get it
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #61) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:19 pm

Post by inutile »

kinda think it would be better if mohab just rambled about the game for a bit rather than reads but also more pressing to please unvote
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #62) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 466, Greeting wrote:
In post 463, Eiralox wrote:why tho?
inutile wrote:
In post 462, Greeting wrote:
Announcing intent to hammer Juice.
i… don’t get it
Because the slot has given us literally nothing to townread it even though the game has been going for several days now and plenty of content has been made.

Juice
has approximately 15 hours to claim before I hammer.
and there’s a lot of time on day like we get plenty of more content from that alone and there’s nothing stopping us from eliminating juice in the future when we are more informed

yeah i just don’t get it

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”