inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 299, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 292, inutile wrote:at some point you said something about ausuka maybe having more that they weren’t saying

and your expectation that that be stated kinda weird since you’re playing the ‘i have a secret read game’

which is like

either your read is worth sharing and should be shared
There's a significant amount of content that I'm holding back. I have an overactive imagination which is a double edged sword, and I don't think all of my ideas are worth sharing. I also think sometimes it's better to let things play out.

I mentioned my reads because I was excited about them because I think I have a good grasp on this game. I also believe it's best not to share them at this time in order to avoid the effects of
response bias
. My intention is to play significantly more forthcoming in the last half of D1 and beyond.
ah so this:
In post 297, inutile wrote:but also understand maybe you are asking for patience
mostly

okay
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 298, inutile wrote:
In post 297, inutile wrote:like for some things there can be implied reasoning but some of your ‘x is town/scum’ type of statements it is like, i am not and would not like to be a mind reader
or the 'ausuka there are findable scums posting' type of thing

it is like, unless your purpose was to specifically see what ausuka would come back with, hard to see i guess
Yeah I wanted to see what Ausuka would come back. Same when I questioned Ausuka in about the meaning behind 257.

Though, earlier when I tried to get them to look at other players in the thread I was more curious what they would find. In contrast, when I was questioning them about 257 I was more suspicious because I thought 257 could be shade disguised as idle commentary.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 301, Frogsterking wrote:Yeah I wanted to see what Ausuka would come back. Same when I questioned Ausuka in 257 about the meaning behind 257.
Lmao: I'm tired.

When I questioned Ausuka from to , I was suspicious about their motivation behind posting 257 in the first place.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 297, inutile wrote:
In post 295, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 292, inutile wrote:and the connections you’re making harder to follow
Your posts are difficult to follow so glass houses. I still think you're Town and have a tendency to make good points. I accept that I have to work a little bit harder to understand what you're saying than I do with most other players. I prefer you reciprocate that attitude toward my slot.
i certainly understand that and am willing to put in the work to do so

however the questions i would often like answered to help fill in those dots have already been asked and you refused to answer on more than one occasion

like for some things there can be implied reasoning but some of your ‘x is town/scum’ type of statements it is like, i am not and would not like to be a mind reader

but also understand maybe you are asking for patience and that is something i am trying to be better about
Okay: what was your question?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:46 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 303, Frogsterking wrote:Okay: what was your question?
who / why with regards to the scumreads mostly

also curious about your expectation of others to elaborate on things but you thinking it's better for you to keep things to yourself

it's like the kinda dissonance that seems maybe not great for solving the game to me but dunno if alignment indicative

but also a) what do i know

and b) the patience thing
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:48 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 304, inutile wrote:but dunno if alignment indicative
there's always the 'future content' time traveler sort of thing but not perfectly applicable here and you've felt quite towny to me at times

so mostly yeah will try to be patient sorry
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 305, inutile wrote:there's always the 'future content' time traveler
What is that?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 306, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 305, inutile wrote:there's always the 'future content' time traveler
What is that?
scums are time travelers because they know the solution to the mystery so they are more likely to play in the future rather than the present and often have a plan for how they hope or think things will play out or potentially play out whereas towns are just weighing very most likely mafia right now

like you'll often see this present itself with players saying 'i am going to do this' or 'hold me to this' because they have an expectation of themselves

which isn't an only comes from mafia thing but more often than random would indicate in my experience

if i were better at construct thought process and less messy maybe i'd be able to apply / know when to apply when not to apply

but like i said, maybe not super applicable here anyway especially as the survey was something you planned on doing before the game started and! probably better/more accurate to evaluate the second half of day one forward rather than trying to weigh it preemptively
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:25 pm

Post by inutile »

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 304, inutile wrote:who / why with regards to the scumreads mostly

also curious about your expectation of others to elaborate on things but you thinking it's better for you to keep things to yourself

it's like the kinda dissonance that seems maybe not great for solving the game to me but dunno if alignment indicative
Okay I see what you're getting at.

Pretty soon here I'm going to post the survey and then I'm going to post a readslist with explanations and then I don't think this will be an issue for the rest of the game.

The imbalance that I've created in giving and taking information is due to poor execution. I've been procrastinating and it wasn't my intention to drag it out this long. There are some scripts I need to use to score the survey and I'm worried I won't be able to get them to run due to anxiety.

Someone with a credible research background helped me create the survey and I promised them months ago I would use it in games and send them the results. I'm determined to use it in this game. Once I've ran it once I'll have less anxiety about being able to run the scripts and I'll procrastinate less when I post it in future games. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post it!

I believe the conflict is my fault rather than due to you having a lack of patience. I think it's very reasonable for you to be frustrated with the way I've been playing. FWIW I believe you have interacted with me in very good faith and I appreciate that a lot!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 307, inutile wrote:scums are time travelers because they know the solution to the mystery so they are more likely to play in the future rather than the present and often have a plan for how they hope or think things will play out or potentially play out whereas towns are just weighing very most likely mafia right now

like you'll often see this present itself with players saying 'i am going to do this' or 'hold me to this' because they have an expectation of themselves

which isn't an only comes from mafia thing but more often than random would indicate in my experience
...this is super interesting. I've made this Tell before as scum though I was also lurking while I did it. I think that's the AI difference between how I procrastinate.
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:02 pm

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

For some disclosure; even though I didn't come here on Friday after my last post, I did come here yesterday. I read some posts and quickly lost track of who said what, so I ended up saying to myself "f*c* it" and postponed the catching up for today. I'll do before the day is over, I swear!, but my god I'll have to read from beginning and take notes of everything because telling people apart is so difficult..
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

postponed the catching up
to
today*
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:09 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 281, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 274, Eiralox wrote:"Buuuut I put you in lurk bin so anything u say against me is false cos u perked up at me never saw me etcetera etcetera" which is such an absurd approach to my approach that, while it humored me, it's not something i'm going to humor.
not my point. i lumped you in with the other sideliners and made a comment that there's got to be scum within that group. you then immediately started to tunnel on me despite never mentioning me before in this game - indicating that you're playing self-defense rather than communicating a genuine scumread. or in other words, you're acting like i hit a little too close to a nerve.
but........ time for me to consume biomatter and view pixel films. i'll go through your ISO tomorrow with a fine comb. I'll see if the vibes that your latest actions have conveyed are wholly consistent with your past iterations.
oh yeah of course. accuse first, read later. i'm sure you'll hop on the bandwagon when you get back. it's silly for you to even pretend like there's some rational basis behind what you're saying - other than "I was successfully sitting things out on the sidelines until DW called me out, now I have to defend myself somehow."

nah lol you're the salty one trying to forcefully hijack the discourse through brute force.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:23 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 282, furtiveglance wrote:I was out today. I'll be able to post more this time tomorrow. In short, Deltawave has been giving some good stuff and I quite like it, enough to unvote. I think Eiralox looks worse from their back and forth and I think the "I faked a read to test reactions" is easily faked and not amazing townplay in any case. BBT is a bit sus but not enough to vote yet. I'll vote Juice because they laughed about being sussed for RVS or something and it was weird.

VOTE: Juice
So yeah.... going for the easy target here. Love that. I look worse? XD

Ok. Looks like I'm still happy hunting you as scum.

Is delta scum? I don't really care in this analysis. Did delta approach me in a mental way? definitely.

Eira: Hey delta look at this post, u did some scummy things and I fairly think you might be paired with Hoppip, because of your very lazy greening of them above your convenient lurk bin(which is always a poor contrivance this early day one and no one will convince me otherwise.

Delta: How dare You sus me! I ussed u first by saying you a lurker!! u are buddies with toffee the only reason u sus me is cos I sus u u so panicky look i hit a nerve eira is flailing scum obviously defensive they want to vote me but havr to set it up publicly so thats why they hunt me, not cos theyre scumhunting but cos theyre panicky scum cos I say so cos I don't want to approach them on hoppip or me going for low hanging fruit so I'll shade them by insinuating they are mentally incompetent and panicking scum in a corner yes cos eira makes no sense no rationale so the only thing they want to do is setp up a vote on me im sure and im not acting defensive? how can eira say that if they are the ones being nervey? and so on.

Furtiveglance: Yeah Delta u make sense I also sus Eira and Toffee and Juice and I'll vote the easy juice delta.

Lol.

XD

Eh. well i guess furtive/delta is liklier than delta/hoppip? only for the unfortunate fact that scum would be in general be wary of mirroring each other so blatantly. But the mindmeld.... So one scum in delta/furtive is what I'll bank on for now.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:26 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 311, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:For some disclosure; even though I didn't come here on Friday after my last post, I did come here yesterday. I read some posts and quickly lost track of who said what, so I ended up saying to myself "f*c* it" and postponed the catching up for today. I'll do before the day is over, I swear!, but my god I'll have to read from beginning and take notes of everything because telling people apart is so difficult..

yeah you really have to because you've given me no reasons to change my mind. if ur town i want that so that my vote can be used more effectively. but i'm not seeing it. Your two entrance posts here are utter nothingburgers so dazzle me or die.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:42 pm

Post by Eiralox »

I'm starting to think furtive is likelier scum than delta? esp. if, as my previous redundant now instated faux maneuver averred, furtive and gandhi are are scum together:

Agreeing with town! Delta and shifting the vote to juice is a great possible way to indirectly divert from the gandhi wagon(while furtive also shades eira, who started that wagon).

So I mean........ Delta is wrong, delta is defensive as fuck, delta is misrepping me bad, delta was very irritating and dodgy and illogical last night but, and meh i havent done the iso shtick cos I got a life, I can feel all those irregularities coming from town. Furtive? Rats but that slot just scumpings me on an instinct level, even tho they also feel green at the same time? paradox? maybe. But I think RE: Juice delta talking and furtive voting convinces me that scum is likelier in furtive than delta..... maybe........ too early for me. imma watch these two, something's whack.

Hoppip voting Delta is a very very interesting development.................. i'll post when I post/
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:26 am

Post by Eiralox »

inutile joins my townlocks.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:26 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Sorry for lack of activity recently, will catch up when I can
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:32 am

Post by Eiralox »

cool hope to hear from you.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:28 am

Post by Greeting »

Sorting.

Greeting

inutile

Ausuka

furtiveglance
BlueBloodedToffee
Frogsterking

DeltaWave

PoE:

Juice
hutmeil
hoppip
Eiralox
Mohab500
Nuclear Gandhi
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 284, hoppip wrote:
In post 280, Ausuka wrote:Like hmm who could this post about several people making teamsolves in the thread be about??? Maybe the people who have been doing that repetitively, in this thread, open for everyone to read
Do you think it's fake confusion? Or do you think they're playing dumb?
I thought last night this was likely because I couldn't understand Frog's thought process at all. Right now I think we view the game so differently that this line of reasoning is probably useless.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 247, Eiralox wrote:
In post 246, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 245, Eiralox wrote:
In post 242, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 239, Frogsterking wrote:
@Delta
@hutmeil
@BBT

What do you make of ?
Clinging to that rvs for dear life lmao
it's page 10. so? juice is still null. im not against any votes there but data-wise iffy. why do I get the feeling that you're hunting for easy elims Delta?
OH yeah that must be why I'm still voting inutile

Try to make up better rationales please

despite 'common consensus' inutile is very elimable today, we all are in theory. i think they are town but hey they are def still a poss. and when you voted inutile, well, at that point it did seem an easy elim?

and you voting one place doesnt mean im not gonna analyze your pushes where you don't vote? what logic even is that? i'm only allowed to comment on where you vote? while your early scum on juice has been reinforced here? better rationale? no. I like my rationale right here, trained on you.

sooooo yeah................... i'll wait for gandhi but you're starting to really sell me on delta/hoppip here.
Kind of surprised you're calling Delta out for his push against Juice, because honestly it felt like one of the least scummy examples of that. I think furtive and hutmeil both came off looking worse.

Juice is supreme limbait. I don't have any strong evidence that they're town (I suppose play like this is somewhat +town just because if they were scum their partners would probably bully them into not doing this?) but I do agree that pushes there raise eyebrows to some extent.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 258, Eiralox wrote:delta/hoppip isn't a team solve to me, but a blatant pattern that i feel delta is trying very hard to veer past for whatever reason. if i felt town on either slot I woulda let it slide, but I don't.
I'm going to be honest, I don't see the Delta read - I don't agree that scum are more likely to respond defensively and aggressively in the way he did to you, and I think Delta is likely to be town here

That said I don't really suspect you either - you feel like you have conviction and I sort of understand where your Delta read comes from at least. It shows a level of solving that experienced scum can definitely fake but I think is probably +town for you here.

I don't think hoppip is a bad place to look though, his posting hasn't really whelmed me and the push on Delta felt slightly slimy in the sense that "if he was town he would have brought up his meta in response to my post" doesn't feel like a real thought? Does anyone else, like, understand this line of reasoning? If people do it might just be a me thing, but otherwise I don't like the read
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 282, furtiveglance wrote:I was out today. I'll be able to post more this time tomorrow. In short, Deltawave has been giving some good stuff and I quite like it, enough to unvote. I think Eiralox looks worse from their back and forth and I think the "I faked a read to test reactions" is easily faked and not amazing townplay in any case. BBT is a bit sus but not enough to vote yet. I'll vote Juice because they laughed about being sussed for RVS or something and it was weird.

VOTE: Juice
I think this post is scummy - part of it is just that it feels a bit slimy? But I'm particular I don't get the eiralox read and I think the push on Juice is opportunistic and unlikely to lead to much while being a seemingly safe route for scum - I think town would be more likely to expand on the BBT read or push Eiralox harder since it's more likely to generate AI content at this stage

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”