Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Darox »

Well that was an interesting turn of events.

From my point of view, I don't see anything wrong with roff or clammy's votes. Roff was randoming, and clammy is voting me for the same reason I am voting clammy.

Sens vote is stretching it a bit, but 3 votes in a 7 to lynch isn't that serious and he probably just wanted to continue the streak I had going.

As for Ythill... The reasons he gives for acting as he did seem perfectly plausible, and it certainly ended the random vote phase at least. But after being called out for his actions being anti-town, his defense starts getting a bit sketchy.

I especially didn't like this part.
Ythill wrote:Your fear-mongering is scummy. You know this game well enough to know how uncommon page 1 mislynches are. Besides, what makes you think it would have been a mislynch?
Yos(s)arian's points are a far cry from fear mongering. Although admittedly he is drawing a bit on the slippery slope argument, he is right in that it is not worth the risk to put someone on four votes day one page one, because if other players follow your lead and we get a lynch in the first 1-2 pages, that only hurts the town. Small gain, large potential loss.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Darox »

Battousai wrote:
Vote: Ythill
for placing a serious vote on someone, placing them at L-3,
when they haven't even posted yet.
Battousai wrote: Sens, why did you vote Darox?
You said it wasn't random.
SensFan wrote:
Vote: Darox
, for reasons outlined above.
Battousai needs to skimread less.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by Darox »

My point is not that the "if" is likely to happen, but that should "if" occur, it will hurt the town far more than any benefit that could be gained and as such it is not worth risking.

Personally I can see why you did it and the reasons you initially gave make sense to me, but your later responses, especially to Yos(s)arian's posting seem off to me.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Darox »

I stand by what I said before.

Yos(s)arians arguments look sound, and it looks like Ythill's initially good reasons are crumbling.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Darox »

Ythill is either misrepresenting, forgetting, or not understanding several of the points made already.

Most of the replies to Ythill's points have been said already by various people, and Roffman's covered that post pretty well, so instead of being an echo I would like to state that like Battousai that I would be voting Ythill if not for how early in the day it is and the number of votes he has against him.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by Darox »

I would like to point out that anti town moves are often scummy moves, because scum are more likely to act in a way that hurts the town. Thus, it's no surprise that people often substitute one for the other.

Also, cheap shot at Yos(s)arians choice of words to get brownie points? It's pretty clear he is consistently saying you did something bad throughout his posting.

As for paper, I'm not sure how far we can trust notes in time capsules. Do we know if the Mafia has access to paper? I can't see anything to suggest that they are unable to use paper.

Unless anyone has any better ideas, I think they should be used as suggested by the mod, as a way to ensure any role based details you have are not lost because you got night killed before you chose to reveal it.

IcemanE: It states clearly in the rules that each piece of paper will hold 50 characters. (excluding spaces)

What exactly do you mean by "we have yet to open a time capsule to discover what sorts of things will be recorded"?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by Darox »

Yes it is, within the 50 character limit.

The point is we are discussing if we should have any plan of action for what we write on our paper.

Thus, waiting until we see a piece of paper come out of a time capsule in order to find out what we should all do with our paper makes no damn sense.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by Darox »

Pacman: Alignments are not publicly revealed.

Who else thinks that could very well be a suicidal attempt to incriminate yos?
After all, he doesn't have to worry about his alignment showing when the death scene arrives.

Although, I'm more inclined right now to believe he is a frustrated townie with bad arguments.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Darox »

It suggests there is either a cult or a group of third party roles, I would assume serial killers and survivors.

Thats my interpretation of it anyway.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Darox »

I don't understand why any masons would write that note.

And the fact that it would be impossible without specific information from the mod to know that there was no scum groups, means the paper won't affect my gameplay. Not today at any rate.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Darox »

Ok, granted, but what would any mason group have to gain from writing that note?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by Darox »

Ythill @4:09 wrote:Oh well, I tried my best to show how Yos' arguments were scummy, but he's better at this game than I am and I really don't see any way out of this. I just wish I'd be revealed on flip.

Great job, scum. I hope town wins anyway.

unvote; vote Ythill

Claim: vanilla town with paper
melikefood @4:21 wrote:I think a lynch on Ythill would be fine.
Not sure how we'll go from that in no-reveal though.
Vote Ythill
That's a pretty weak excuse, food. In the twelve minutes between Ythill posting and you posting, you never noticed that Ythill had voted himself?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Post by Darox »

The time it takes to reply is not the same as the time taken to write a post.

You said you started your post
before
Ythill made his post.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:10 pm

Post by Darox »

A 12 minute gap is a bit of a reach to call simul-posting.

I missed this
icemanE wrote:Hmm... how would everyone feel about a no-lynch today?
Got a good reason for doing this?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Darox »

Yosarian2 wrote:Eh, I totally buy the simulposting excuse. You've never taken 10 minutes to write a post, writing, deleating, and then re-writing it before, Darox?
I can see several reasons why someone would start a post but not send it for 12 minutes, and missing the new post in the topic review could be simply a lapse in concentration.

However, what irks me is that he later claims that his post was to push a role claim and the hammer was accidental, but in his actual vote there is no mention of asking for a claim, just advocating his lynch and
this.
melikefood wrote:Not sure how we'll go from that in no-reveal though.
To me that reads like he is preemptively casting suspicion on any claim Ythill makes.

This is why the excuse of food pushing for a claim but accidentally hammering looks suspect to me. Suspect enough for me to pressure him on it.

Supporting arguments with actions etc...
Vote: Melikefood
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #16) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Darox »

clammy wrote:
Um, I think you have the wrong guy. I buy the simulposting thing, but that doesn't make him less scummy. . . he's yet to contribute anything pro-town.
You applied the pressure for bad timing, not for zero-content posting.
The skirting round the issue really does seem wrong to me.
Wait, what?
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
Vote: melikefood.

Based on the end of day 1, do you think ythill was scum?
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I didn't really like the werewolves bit, it just seemed like distraction on top of distraction. Had to start somewhere. That's one of the problems with no-reveal, it doesn't leave you with a lot to go off of in the morning.
What are you talking about clammy?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by Darox »

The rules wrote:By "No Reveal", I mean I will not reveal alignments or roles upon death. You are more than free to claim your roles or alignments. Exceptions which will result in much unpleasantness are: (1) quoting your role PM, (2) fake quoting a role PM, (3) talking to a player in the game when you are not supposed to talk to them, (4) talking to a player after you are dead, (5) posting a "Bah, Go Town!" or similar post after you have been lynched or have otherwise died. Just use common sense, as this is not an exhaustive list. I sincerely hope this will not be a problem.
I think you missed the clarification PJ posted.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Darox »

Why is Snitch defending roffman so much?
And why is he dumping a load of bad accusations on clammy?
It's like OMGUS by proxy.

FoS: Rotten Snitch

Snitch should stop answering for roffman and let him speak for himself.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by Darox »

clammy wrote:Ythill claimed before and after death, many took his post death "reveal" to be a confirmation of alignment, i did not, i do not, but i do believe his claim.
Wait, what?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Darox »

Snitch wrote:Clammy doesnt find the hammer fishy. He believes MLF's simul-posting excuse.
He does not believe Ythill's claim and yet believes Ythill's claim. (Based on Meta)
But he votes Roffman for messing up the mod rules in a post and voting MLF (which could also be seen as OMGUS by proxy)
What on earth are you trying to say here?

Also, I could have sworn this game had more than 3 players. Must just be my bad memory.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by Darox »

clammy wrote:He does not believe Ythill's reveal, yet believes Ythill's claim. (Based on his play and his case when compared to Meta (#141, #162, #166, #168))
What do you mean by 'does not believe Ythill's reveal, yet believes Ythill's claim.'

Ythill was not revealed (No-reveal game remember), and he claimed vanilla town just before he was lynched. You stated you believed Ythill was town due to meta reasons, but you also stated that you didn't believe Ythill's claim of vanilla town.
Which is it?

Do you think Ythill was actually a non-vanilla townie, or did you mean something else?

Does this mean you are not going to believe any claims made this game?
Snitch wrote:I am not going after Clammy because he is voting Roffman. Take Roffman out of the picture.
I am suspicious of his reasoning to vote Roffman.
You have tidied up your suspicion a little bit since your vote.
Snitch wrote:Clammy is that your reasoning for voting Roff? He just admitted he missed the self revealing bit.
The rules are a tiny bit confusing where it states you are allowed to claim yourself but no fake claims and no quoting the pm. (would result in badness)

You were on the original Darox wagon of day 1. [
Has no relevance to clammy's reasons for voting roffman.
]

You believe the simul posting without any questions. You do not think anything of the hammer. [
Has no relevance to clammy's reasons for voting roffman. These are also assumptions of clammy's thought process.
]

Please explain why the hammer wasn't a little fishy.
Explain why forgetting some of the rules while posting is more fishy than hammering with-out checking the posts? [
Misrepresenting what clammy thought of the MLF hammer.
]

Or saying it takes 12 minutes to write down 21 words, thats's like 2 words per minute. [
Has no relevance to clammy's reasons for voting roffman. Is also misrepresenting what clammy thought of the MLF hammer.
]
Hence why I called your accusations bad.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by Darox »

clammy wrote:Ythill made a "reveal" after the day end.
Where?

Ythill's very last post, where he claims, is the post in which he self voted, which was before he was killed.

It is also the only post where Ythill claims his role/alignment.

So.
Why do you think Ythill made a reveal after the day end?
Why do you think Ythill made a claim during the day?

'At least one claim'? Are you suggesting there have been multiple claims this game that others have missed? Unless I have been stricken with forgetfulness, no one besides Ythill has made any claim.
clammy wrote:I don't believe he is a vanilla townie due to his making this claim.
[...]
I do believe that he is a vanilla townie.
[...]
The end result is that i believe Ythill was a vanilla townie.
Why were you willing to discount Ythill's supposed 'reveal' in light of his supposed 'claim'?
Would you still do this if it was any other player?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:54 pm

Post by Darox »

I forgot one other question.

Assuming you were simply mistaken about the way in which Ythill claimed, does this change your opinion on Ythill's alignment?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Post by Darox »

The rules mean that there will be no post death reveals (Barring self hammer's). I doubt PJ will be as lenient about post lynch chatting next time, and no one wants to be on PJ's bad side.

Why did you think Ythill had made two claims? When did you think Ythill claimed the first time? Misreading that Ythill's claim was after his lynch is an easy mistake, but your posts imply that you think/thought that Ythill had claimed on two separate occasions.

Why are you willing to accept pre-lynch claims but not post-death claims? Surely both are susceptible to ulterior motives.

Also, answering these would be appreciated.
Darox wrote:'At least one claim'? Are you suggesting there have been multiple claims this game that others have missed? Unless I have been stricken with forgetfulness, no one besides Ythill has made any claim.

Would you [discount a post death claim as false in light of other evidence (meta or otherwise)] if it was any other player?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Darox »

Ythill claimed vanilla townie with paper.

As such I believe many people have access to paper regardless of roles.

Anyone else gain paper that they didn't start the game with?

Oh yeah.

Pacman doesn't quite know what is going on, and I'm not going to draw much right now from the clammy votes unless the people that made them do a proper read of the thread.

Clammy,
Darox wrote:The rules mean that there will be no post death reveals (Barring self hammer's). I doubt PJ will be as lenient about post lynch chatting next time, and no one wants to be on PJ's bad side.

Why did you think Ythill had made two claims? When did you think Ythill claimed the first time? Misreading that Ythill's claim was after his lynch is an easy mistake, but your posts imply that you think/thought that Ythill had claimed on two separate occasions.

Why are you willing to accept pre-lynch claims but not post-death claims? Surely both are susceptible to ulterior motives.

Also, answering these would be appreciated.
Darox wrote:'At least one claim'? Are you suggesting there have been multiple claims this game that others have missed? Unless I have been stricken with forgetfulness, no one besides Ythill has made any claim.

Would you [discount a post death claim as false in light of other evidence (meta or otherwise)] if it was any other player?
This quote is all lonely and needs your attention.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Darox »

Townie Role PM wrote:You are a
Townie
. You are perfectly fine splitting up the treasure with others – and in fact, you sometimes wish you had never
been
on that stupid hike to begin with: at least then you wouldn't have been caught up in all of this.

You
currently
have 0 [Zero] sheets of paper. Read the game rules to learn how to use sheets of paper.

You win when the Town has rid itself of all anti-town factions. Please confirm your role by paraphrasing it to me by PM. If you have any questions, do not be shy to ask. Good luck, and have fun!
Also, Ythill claimed vanilla with paper.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Darox »

Still waiting on clammy to answer the rest of my questions, and bring up an old question that was never answered.

@MLF:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Based on the end of day 1, do you think ythill was scum?
Also,
Can you also explain the apparent contradiction between your hammer post and your explaination day 2 that I detailed here?
Stating that your vote was simply to push a claim but seemingly attacking the credibility of any claim Ythill makes.
Actually, reading through it a second time, it seems like you know he was just lynched and you are already looking to day 2.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Darox »

So, is anyone else going to bring something up? Rushed deadline lynches are not fun.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Darox »

I'm not saying that.

I'm saying it seems like you are attacking the credibility of any claim Ythill makes when you say this.
This seems not only like you have already condemned Ythill to the grave, but also that you are not going to take any claim made seriously.

This alone isn't enough to make me suspicious. But on day two, you repeatedly insist that your hammer was accidental and that you were pushing for a claim. This seems to contradict what you have said in your hammer post. Hence suspicion.

I think the people on roffman have given adequate reasons for their actions, but the same isn't true of all the people on clammy. I would like IcemanE to explain himself. I would say the same of Battousai but for his replacement.

I would also like clammy to answer the questions I asked here.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Darox »

That was pointless.

Clammy, still haven't responded to this.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #31) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Darox »

No one has discussed massclaiming, unless I missed something big. Right now there seems to be three suspects on the grill.

MLF, for his hammer and subsequent day 2 play.

Roffman, for jumping on the case I provided against MLF.

Clammy, for... his... jumping on roffman for jumping on MLF? For trying to shift focus from MLF to roffman? I'm not sure really.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Darox »

Right now, this is going to a deadline with roffman and MLF tied with 3 votes each.

I'm not happy about this.

I especially want people like IcemanE and pacman to say something.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #33) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Darox »

Deadline rules means if nothing changes Roffman is the lynch today.

I want pacman, icemanE, and MLF to commit to a position before the deadline.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by Darox »

icemanE wrote:I will look further into roff but of the two apparent plays today, a roff lynch seems more justified at this stage.
Why? Seems like you flipped a coin here, or just decided to go with the majority.

Also, why did you vote clammy?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Darox »

Pacman, the Deadline was August 26, 9:59

Thats just under two hours away. You are a bit late, to say the least.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Darox »

Pile of crap to de....?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Darox »

Makes sense I guess.

These two notes seem a lot more interesting than the previous one.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #38) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Darox »

Yosarian2 wrote:"There are two scum left" sounds incredibly specific; I wonder who would know that? Would that mean we've lynched a scum, or something?
That would mean according to the second paper that roffman was scum.

However, the first paper seems to have too much knowledge. It seems to know not only how many scum are still alive, but also the identity of one of them. I'm not sure if we can trust it.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #39) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Darox »

Knight of Cydonia wrote: I'm more inclined to believe your second idea, that roff was scum. I can see him and MLF as partners, simply because all the way to deadline, MLF stated that he would vote Roffman, but never actually did - it's almsot as if he was distancing himself, supporting the lynch, whilst avoiding the attention that another hammer would have brought.
This actually makes sense.

I still support the food case from yesterday.
Vote: Melikefood
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Darox »

I must have missed something.

You pointed out why Roffman was backtracking by voting MLF for hammering when roffman thought Ythill was scum, but I don't recall anyone pointing out what was wrong with what I said.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Darox »

Darox wrote:Still waiting on clammy to answer the rest of my questions, and bring up an old question that was never answered.

@MLF:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Based on the end of day 1, do you think ythill was scum?
Also,
Can you also explain the apparent contradiction between your hammer post and your explaination day 2 that I detailed here?
Stating that your vote was simply to push a claim but seemingly attacking the credibility of any claim Ythill makes.
Actually, reading through it a second time, it seems like you know he was just lynched and you are already looking to day 2.
Darox wrote:I'm not saying that.

I'm saying it seems like you are attacking the credibility of any claim Ythill makes when you say this.
This seems not only like you have already condemned Ythill to the grave, but also that you are not going to take any claim made seriously.

This alone isn't enough to make me suspicious. But on day two, you repeatedly insist that your hammer was accidental and that you were pushing for a claim. This seems to contradict what you have said in your hammer post. Hence suspicion.

I think the people on roffman have given adequate reasons for their actions, but the same isn't true of all the people on clammy. I would like IcemanE to explain himself. I would say the same of Battousai but for his replacement.
This plus KoC's comment on MLF's play at the end of D2.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #42) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Darox »

rotten snitch wrote: do not like though how quickly this came about. The argument about MLF is stemming mostly from his day 2 actions and if we were so convinced he was scum yesterday then why did the pile up on Roff happen?
Exactly. Darox's jump on the wagon seems fishy to me. I don't remember him pushing mlf yesterday.

Vote darox.
This was pretty much all I was doing D2.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #43) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Darox »

Unvote
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #44) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Darox »

EBWOP:

I believe Yosarians claim is legit.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #45) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Darox »

Then why are you still voting MLF?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #46) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Darox »

darox wrote: This was pretty much all I was doing D2.
Examples? The innocent result on mlf isn't doing you any favors.

I'm going to go with the case at the top of this page and the fact that my vote was on him for the entire day.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #47) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by Darox »

Hmm.

Yosarian's cop claim says he got results of 'not mafia' rather than 'innocent'.

This seems suggests you could not be mafia, but also not be town.
Combine this with the first paper note...

Don't know what to make of it, but I'm not eliminating the idea of a third party.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #48) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Darox »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Darox... wow. Way to sling mud. You're saying we should lynch them regardless of a fairly believable cop claim, just because you suspect a third party? Awful easy way to get two lynches for scum, if you ask me - especially since we won't know what they are. I think you created that first note, Darox, in order to prepare for a dissimulation technique just like this when a Cop came out with "not mafia" results.
unvote; Vote Darox
So you are suggesting that I somehow knew that there was a cop, AND that they would get 'not mafia' results, and decided to put a piece of paper in the Day 2 capsule to help this along?

Wait, What?

Pacman just suggested that there could be a third party, which supports what I was suggesting.

I don't think we should lynch MLF, because being 'not mafia' is better than not having a definite alignment.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #49) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Darox »

pacman281292 wrote:ehm... only one third-party at max (town is underpowered, and I think that it's very possible to not to have it).
I wasn't suggesting
multiple
third parties.

What makes you think the town is underpowered?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #50) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Darox »

And you don't think the town would have something to make up for that?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #51) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Darox »

icemanE wrote:Hmm... you could be right, but I don't know why they'd want us puzzling over it.

Question: Do you think the coroner would be able to tell us flat out through the paper that we'd killed a scum, and tell us who it is, or would they have to do it in a roundabout fashion without being specific?
Why wouldn't they?

Are you suggested a coroner with a post restriction that only applies to paper?

Yosarian was perfectly able to come out and claim his results, so I don't see why anyone else should be unable too, even when writing. Especially when writing.

Also I think the message that got cut off got cut off because the person didn't count his characters.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #52) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Darox »

I don't think this mechanics discussion is really going anywhere.

So unless someone thinks there is geniune worth in the current discussion, we should either do something like a massclaim, or get back to scumhunting.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #53) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by Darox »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Iceman's softclaim was a bad thing.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #54) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Post by Darox »

Since Yosarian's cop claim this game has stalled a little bit.
This is bad, especially considering the deadline rules.

Since most people seem to oppose a massclaim today, I suggest we start talking some more about scummy people.

As such, I am going to
Vote: pacman281292

He has posted very little content, and hasn't voted once throughout the entire game. I think we could stand to hear a bit more from him. We could stand to hear a bit more from everyone else too, but for now I'm going to look at pacman.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #55) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by Darox »

I am inclined to believe pacman's claim but it doesn't show anything about his alignment.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #56) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Darox »

Because I think it would be hard to fakeclaim that kind of role.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #57) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by Darox »

melikefood wrote:Okay, so we'll let Pacman live for his seeds?
If so, who we lynching now?
Who said that?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #58) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Darox »

Darox wrote:
melikefood wrote:Okay, so we'll let Pacman live for his seeds?
Who said that?
To clarify.

Who said we were going to lynch pacman based on his current actions, and who said we are going to let pacman free for today because he claimed?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #59) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by Darox »

melikefood wrote:
melikefood wrote: Okay, so we'll let Pacman live for his seeds?
Man, its a good thing for you you have a cop investigation on you, because you just keep doing things that make me twitch. Why do you believe pacman's claim, or more to the point, what about his claim makes you believe he's protown?
I don't think they'd put random-nature roles into the anti-town faction(s), since randomly killing/misleading of the self and/or a random player seems to already tip it to the Mafia anyway.

What what what?

Outguessing the mod is bad. And what on earth do you mean by "randomly killing/misleading of the self and/or a random player seems to already tip it to the Mafia anyway"
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #60) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Darox »

I really think we should have gone popcorn style and let yosarian have the first pick.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #61) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Darox »

Pick someone else to claim.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #62) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Darox »

icemanE wrote:I'll start then.

I'm the tally-man. I can target a capsule at night and see how many papers are inside it. I have no idea what use this power has, which is why I've been itching to claim all along. I haven't used my power yet.
Is this a one shot ability?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #63) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Darox »

I am the mortician.
Each night I target someone who died and I learn their alignment. I targeted the lynches because I figured anyone who got night killed was innocent.
Ythill wasn't mafia, roffman was.
I started with no paper, but I received one piece of paper day 2.

I pick Food.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #64) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Darox »

I did not write the paper saying two scum left.
I wrote the paper saying "Ythill was telling the truth."

I thought we had agreed on no massclaim today, but iceman + MLF brought it up again and before anyone else chimed in they had started.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #65) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Darox »

icemanE wrote:However... Yos' cop claim... now that I think about it, why would we have a mortician
and
a cop in a no-reveal... a mortician makes much more sense, and actually a cop doesn't make much sense at all for a game where we aren't allowed to reveal our roles even after death. Shucks, now I've got to rethink everything.

I'm thinking we might lynch pacman today, because not only is he scummy, but Darox can investigate him tonight... but we don't have a doc to protect him... gah, this bites.
I don't understand this at all.

#1 You think that we can't reveal our roles
right after everyone had mass claimed

#2 You think that lynching pacman is justified in part because I can tell if he was mafia or not
#3 You think I will be targeted by the mafia tonight.

As for Iceman's claim, it seems pretty neutral to me, but what is suspicious is that he has managed to not get any results at all.

Rotten Snitch
I don't like the way he tried to portray Iceman's role in a negative light without any evidence. The things he tried to attribute to Icemans role (Editing papers etc) seem rather far fetched.

Yosarian's look into snitchs day 2 actions is pretty compelling, I'll be reading into that shortly.
pacman281292 wrote: False dilemma, guy. Had you been considering that SOMEONE MIGHT HAVE BEEN FAKECLAIMING HERE??
Why didn't I discuss about roff? BECAUSE I was confused. That discussion was really difuse, and I was not completely sure to jump for someone.
Is it just me or did you just accuse either myself or yourself of fakeclaiming? Not completely sure to 'jump' for someone? What do you mean by these.
Oh, and OMGUS and all that jazz.

@MLF: Yes they can. because I used my ability and placed my paper in the D3 capsule on night 2.

Right now we stand at a crossroads.

Unvote
until I read up on snitch and come to a conclusion.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #66) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Post by Darox »

yosarian2 wrote: I'm still feeling like I'm missing something key here...what did darox say that contradicts pacman's role claim about the seeds? How do the two role-claims contradict each other?
Either there are scum via darox, and therefore pacman's seed is false, or there are not "scum," and darox' result of "scum" is false.

I suppose there's some wiggle room in which darox' guilty results don't necessarily correlate with traditional scum, but the key point is: pacman's first seed was almost certainly false.
I think you mixed up iceman's theory that pacmans seed caused the D1 note with something pacman claimed.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #67) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:43 pm

Post by Darox »

icemanE wrote:
Perhaps the "no scum faction" message we got was a result of the ivy seed being placed in the 2002 capsule?

The capsule begins to crumble. A twisting bundle of ivy curls out of the metal, as if freshly grown. A small piece of paper also flutters to the ground, following the heavy thud of a key.
Any thoughts? It always sounded to me like that message was built into the game setup, in other words, designed by the mod to get us scratching our heads. Perhaps, depending on which capsule the Hort put the seed into, that would determine what day we got that particular message.

Also, I believe the claim, though it says nothing about alignment. After all, his claim i s verifiable in 2005.
Bolding mine.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #68) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:13 am

Post by Darox »

On another note, is anyone going to claim the other two pieces of paper?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #69) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:36 pm

Post by Darox »

Rotten Snitch wrote:Actually MeLikeFood um no.
It just seems like too convenient of an excuse. You can say you were making a big post but decided to delete it but so far your posts have not been much longer than a few lines. I don't know if I buy it just yet.
Second post of day 2, Snitch comes out with this statement after I begin questioning MLF.
Rotten Snitch wrote:Yos I buy the simul posting excuse too. It's just MLF has not yet posted anything with the substance that would require 12 minutes of deleting and re-typing.
The third post of the day, and Snitch seemingly contradicts his previous position. Why does he agree with yos that the simulposting is plausible even though this contradicts his previous post? Further more, even though he apparently agrees with yos, he still attacks MLF on it in the second half of his post. What just happened?
Rotten Snitch wrote:Clammy is that your reasoning for voting Roff? He just admitted he missed the self revealing bit.
The rules are a tiny bit confusing where it states you are allowed to claim yourself but no fake claims and no quoting the pm. (would result in badness)

You were on the original Darox wagon of day 1.

You believe the simul posting without any questions. You do not think anything of the hammer.

Please explain why the hammer wasn't a little fishy.
Explain why forgetting some of the rules while posting is more fishy than hammering with-out checking the posts? Or saying it takes 12 minutes to write down 21 words, thats's like 2 words per minute.
Vote: Clammy
Next up he attacks clammy for voting roffman because roffman voted MLF. The biggest tell here is that he attacks MLF (Fairly weakly) and tries to justify roff's vote, but instead of voting for MLF, votes for clammy for no clearly defined reason. What just happened here? As I said at the time, it looked like a case of 'OMGUS by proxy'.
The next two posts are similar, attacking clammy for not finding MLF suspicious, as well as attempting to justify roffmans vote on MLF. In addition to this, Snitch states he does not believe Ythill's claim of town and is still pushing against MLF for the hammer regardless.

Later when he unvotes and suspects the other two who joined the wagon, he states that his case on clammy was weak.
He doesn't vote again after this. In fact, despite attacking food several times throughout the day, he never once votes him. Why?

Better than the pacman lynch in my opinion.
Vote: RottenSnitch

That should put him at 3 votes I believe.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #70) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Darox »

I investigated Snitch.
I got a result of mafia.

Also, Iceman, what on earth is going on here.

You claim a role, then proceed to show absolutely no proof that you even have said role.

So far you have managed to tell us that your skill failed, then that you forgot it, then you managed to inform us that the empty capsule that was just opened was in fact, empty.

Are we to believe you have failed to get any real results for three consecutive nights?

Vote: Iceman
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #71) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by Darox »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:I can go with an Iceman lynch. I'm willing to wait for pacmans seed tomorrow before judging him.
Vote: Pacman
Er...

Why are you voting for pacman then?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #72) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by Darox »

So it's a logical fail because... you say it is?
What is going on here?

Also, if Pacman's seed does do something bad, we lynch him and win. Simple as that. I do not think the seed would win the game outright just by being opened.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #73) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Darox »

I don't get any results until the start of the next day.

So if I got killed I couldn't share my results for that night.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #74) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Darox »

I wouldn't be surprised if pacman's skill only works if he is still alive.

What the seed does would be pretty damning evidence for or against him, and I still think Iceman's total lack of results is enough for a lynch today.

Thus I think pacman would make a better lynch tomorrow when we can see if his seed turns out useless/negative.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (isolation #75) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Darox »

I would have considered any paper that may have been the result of to be borderline useless. I would have thought at least part of his skill would do something besides leave a message.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #76) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Darox »

Managing to kill the real coroner at the very start helped a lot with my fakeclaim.

I was worried that there would be on in the setup somewhere, but when mass claim came around it was just MLF who hadn't claimed so I felt pretty safe claiming it.

Also, I think having a tracker would have just confirmed me further, as it would show me targeting dead players, which fits with my fakeclaim.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #77) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Darox »

Oh and for some crazy reason I thought we had to survive for another day and lynch pacman.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #78) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Darox »

Actually the reason I said we should kill you instead of Yossarian who was the top pick was because I knew you were going to be annoying later and you'd served your purpose of lynching roffman, whereas I thought Yoss would still help us by lynching townies.

He made days 1 and 2 pretty straightforward for us.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”