Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:45 am

Post by CooLDoG »

And a quick bandwagon forms.

vote: hito

for 3rd vote and for random fluff questions.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:20 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 30, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 20, CooLDoG wrote:
claim: town pgo
Forgot to ask this ...

You are ok with being lynched the day before expected LYLO and thus will be busting tail to lynch scum right Cool? I can’t see you not being with this claim but want crystal clarity from you.
Yeah, I wouldn't claim that not expecting to get lynched at some point. I just don't want any bullshit swing to happen to the town.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:33 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 34, chamber wrote:
In post 30, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 20, CooLDoG wrote:
claim: town pgo
Forgot to ask this ...

You are ok with being lynched the day before expected LYLO and thus will be busting tail to lynch scum right Cool? I can’t see you not being with this claim but want crystal clarity from you.
Why did/do you assume he was being serious?
Because I actually am serious and I don't fuck with bullshit d1 claims unlike some other degenerates on this site?
In post 39, chamber wrote:I'm actually quite annoyed at the private alts. Most of us have extensive histories. Why do they deserve privacy?
because dumb meta arguments are dumb and some people want to avoid the silly defenses that they have to put up that are not at all relevant to the game.
In post 40, Pine wrote: Please can we drop this pointless and arguably personal line of questioning? It's totally NAI, and therefore irrelevant.
tries to defer early game questioning and talk as a non-issue...
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:09 am

Post by CooLDoG »

v/la until the 2nd

I have papers due, and life shit to do. I'll come back with pure fuckibg gold though.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #6) » Thu May 03, 2018 6:29 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 61, Pine wrote: Eddie, care to wagon Chamber with me?
Asks the RVS wagon to wagon the guy who is attacking him. Seems very suspect on Pine's part. Either Chamber has done something scummy enough to warrant an actual vote, or he hasn't. Someone else wanting to vote him too shouldn't really be a factor in your logic at this point in the game.
In post 64, petroleumjelly wrote:Looking like we should lynch Eddie Cane, Pine, and Axelrod.
Why that's a pretty big spread pretty early.
In post 69, roflcopter wrote:
cooldog bruh if you're a pgo you should have claimed doctor to honeypot the scum
fuck no do I lie as town with a role that is probably going to get cop checked, or investigation checked at some point like that. It is also not worth it to take the risk of destroying town power without the claim being revealed. So, no, I do not like this strategy.
In post 71, Pine wrote:[quote="In post 69

[...]
This post doesn't come from scum. Scum is worried about the PGO, not annoyed at it being misplayed.[/quote]
first low effort town read of the early game. Where only scum really gain any benifit because they can always turn around and be like, "see, I told ya'll he was town" later. Also never understood why people would post town reads on d1. THe pool is large enough that doing poe probably not work, and it just alerts the scum to who the town thinks is the most townie. It paints targets, not reveals them... anyway... the read is still low effort.
In post 81, Pine wrote: I don't necessarily think claiming Doc is the right route, as that might provoke a counterclaim and backfire, but dropping heavy breadcrumbs and softing recklessly would do the trick. I don't think scum gets that crotchety about it, I think they have a debate in their PT about how to handle the claim.
And for the the record, getting immediately cc'd by the actual doc is what would end up probably happening, so fuck that noise. Also, can't claim any investigative role, for obvious reasons.
In post 83, Eddie Cane wrote:Arrogant oldie thinking he knows better than me, complete with
bold
and
italics
. next time try underlining it I might understand better. You should check your math, though, because it's more like 1-2 days at max. I'm not going to rush my sorting because of a retarded wagon on me.
Not completely incorrect post, it is an rvs wagon which is groundless. I don't understand the "arrogant" oldie comment. But whatever.
In post 93, Kison wrote:I'm with Pine that the wagon on Eddie over the confirmation thing is silly.

Don't like Axel's Pine vote or post 67. Looks like he's trying way too hard to explain it away.

UNVOTE: Old Man
VOTE: Axelrod
Fair point. He did in fact admit that his vote was trash with it only being 100 posts in. There's some lack of confidence that allows him to either hop later or deny that he had a strong read. I do get some scummy vibes as opposed to genuine town.

-- Old Man's and wall:
1) bullshit psychological mindgames. If the avatar is scummy, then wouldn't you want to not have it for meta reasons?
2) "the theory that scum would not blatantly vote for another player with such obviously flimsy reasoning, in order to keep up some facade of self-preservation. " ???? this is shockingly silly. Scum rvs vote on avitars all the time man.
3) On the cain wagon, "How is it nothing more than a thinly veiled policy lynch?" because it is also seems to be obviously an RVS wagon that some scum decided to plop down on because they can and there isn't much we can do about?
4) there seems to be a "chamber is scum because he is lazy" argument
5) the better correct argument comes in the fact that he is the last person on a wagon with very little reason. I would expect the way that chamber is talking for his vote to go to pine, not to eddie.

twyn's is quite good and sums up the game up to that point. Has a relatively good vote.
In post 106, hitogoroshi wrote:
If Pine flips scum we are lynching Tywin next 100%
It's shit like this that pings my radar more now-adays. One line, no effort call-outs.
In post 107, petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
Pine started off the game being improperly 'white-knighty' towards Old Man's identity; it was preachy and unnecessary. His "ruleset" question being due to his "respect people and don't be toxic kick" was rather immediately thrown into question when he told CooLDoG to "sit on it," and has since told chamber "bite me."

Since my post, I also very much am not a fan of the "simmer down, Eddie" post. If either Eddie Cane or Pine flips scum, then this post suggests a connection.

3.)
Axelrod was thrown in because he looked fairly connected to Eddie Pine. He voted for the third voter of Eddie Pine (minor), but then he made this post:
In post 31, Axelrod wrote:THE GREAT CONFIRMATION MYSTERY - 2018!
This appears to try to make light of the entire confirmation issue so that it is more dismissable, when I think it's about as legitimate a reason to vote somebody on page two of a game.

The fact that he has now attacked both Eddie Cane and Pine seems like a slight about-face to me. I am not really buying into the "over-justification" reasoning people have since used.

4.)
CooLDoG's claim is questionable because this is a Normal Game. Technically the role is not explicitly disallowed by the Normal Guidelines, but I do not think a Paranoid Gun Owner has been used/allowed in a Normal Game for several years.

5.)
Yes, I do have a couple other mild reads, but I am not going to go into them.
2, He made the simmer down comment because of the usage of the r-word which liberals have taken out of common vernacular for some reason or another. I also found it odd that he told me to sit on it, when I was basically agreeing with his conclusions, but I guess if he's not the one fighting the fight it doesn't matter.

3) How the fuck are you getting all of these complex association tells on page 3?

4)GTFO, either test me or lynch me. I'd prefer if you tested me actually.

5) "I got more content but I'm too lazy to post it"
In post 108, petroleumjelly wrote: That means Eddie Cane confirmed out-of-thread, and then confirmed in-thread a second time after the game had already started. Looks disingenuous to me. Why not just start the game by his second post, where he places a vote?
How the fuck are ya'll getting "disingenuous" and anything at all out of when the guy confirmed or not. If he posted in the thread first or second. All this trash about the confirmations, I don't understand at all.
In post 115, Axelrod wrote:I think I'm going to enjoy this game. As long as people can refrain from the personal attacks, there's some fun stuff going on.
I also don't understand this whole hoopla surrounding the personal attacks rule. People allegedly doing it or not doing. Like, I don't understand what continually bringing up the topic is supposed to be doing. It reads to me as free words in an essay that needs just a couple more to break the limit. But other than that, this was a good wall to read *shrug* nothing major happening there.
In post 119, Axelrod wrote:I'm also interested in Cooldog's PGO claim right out the gate, moreso because of the fact that several people have already commented that they don't believe it. I'll go on record here and say that, if it's not true - and he's Town - I'm going to be pretty pissed at Cooldog (Mafia-pissed, not RL pissed). I
despise
it when Townies lie.
literally half the reason I claimed the role first post.
In post 120, Eddie Cane wrote:my vote on kmd was serious, but not because 4th vote lolscummy if that clears things up.
no, absolutely it does not.
In post 125, Axelrod wrote:
Then Pine - the other phantom confirmer - posts @35 and explains his failure to confirm in-thread. And I think it's a strange explanation. He confirmed via PM, because he had a "ruleset" question for the mod? When asked what his question was, he answers @38 (he wants to know how pro-active the mod. will be about toxic behavior). I'm also not feeling this question. Pine also, and incidentally, starts to immediately butt heads with Chamber over a complete non-issue. Old Man and his alt. and whether that's appropriate or not.
This is a good observation and one of the reasons why pine ought to get some scum points. I don't understand the need for either the question, or to tell people why you didn't confirm in thread.
In post 129, chamber wrote:Can you provide an example of where you've played like you have this game, but were town?
And here we go. I won't be reading any arguments that spring from this discussion because it will be the same old legislating on past wins and losses bullshit yet again.

fire's posts on 6 are fine and uneventful.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #7) » Thu May 03, 2018 6:30 am

Post by CooLDoG »

that's where I'm up to for now. I don't have time to post anymore until this evening, which will probably involve me catching up and starting to make some bigger-scale judgments on the game
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #8) » Thu May 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 131, Firebringer wrote: @Chamber I did not join to ruin this game as much as try out a new playstyle that is more “acceptable” by the larger community. The site and geriatrics love wall posts and I intend to deliver to everyone that so much wants to see wall posts the pleasure of them.

Cooldog: I don’t believe your claim at all. Deal with it.
quote more than you currently do, but less than me. Also, I'm getting lynched at some point for my claim, so. I know that.
In post 140, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 94, Old Man wrote:The speed of which this wagon is constructed is rather concerning. How is it nothing more than a thinly veiled policy lynch? By my count, five out of eight votes needed to lynch appeared on a newbie player within a lightning-short span of time. I do not support this, and, in fact believe that such a rapid-forming wagon must be scum-driven, especially and most certainly if Eddie Cane's alignment is revealed to be town at some point in the future.
This is scummy. Firstly we see him using trying to sell Eddie as a “newbie” who is the target of a “thinly veiled policy lynch”. It is ludicrous to assert that a random RVS wagon (which is a very common occurance on MS) is in any way a policy lynch. The only player I see on the playerlist that might have warranted a policy lynch is Firebringer and this being a Geriatric game blunts most of the reasons for that. It is also a stretch of epic proportions to equate Eddie with a Newbie. As has been previously pointed out Eddie has well over 6400 posts on MS. If Eddie does turn out to be Town this is stage-setting by OldMan IMO.

Lastly we get the following -
In post 94, Old Man wrote:I don't find anything unusual about not confirming in-thread. It's generally much more convenient and faster to confirm through PM, by clicking the reply button and getting on with life. Furthermore, I am pretty sure Eddie Cane was being spiteful about the fact that multiple votes quickly formed on him for the trivial matter of not following the instructions in the PM and failing to confirm in-thread. I don't find the vote on KMD particularly interesting, KMD being the fourth bandwagon vote and his position on the wagon seems rather suspect to me as well. If Eddie Cane and KMD have some history with each other, it would form sufficient basis for an early vote.

Question 1
– if it is much more convenient and faster to confirm through PM why didn’t you do so OldMan?

If Eddie Can is the newbie you’ve tried to sell him as why are you giving him a pass for following the more standard site norms of PM confiming? I’d think someone who you truly believed to be a Newbie would be more in-tune with the mod’s actual request to confirm in thread. Thus I see a disconnect between the logic here and your “policy lynch on a Newb” from the same post.
*nods head* This is essentially correct. I also had trouble understanding the policy lynch aspect. I will say, however, that speed at which that wagon rose was rather suspicious. It doesn't seem to me that a all of the people who voted him up to l-2 are townies. I don't see an rvs wagon, which has not gotten anything under the pressure of the votes, to be entirely town motivated. Scum paranoia of oh, but if we are all of the wagon someone will notice that starts to kick in, as well as the simple calculation that there is a high reward of having a wagon close to lynch, and sense the wagon is of a certain size, hopping on it has a low chance of being deemed unacceptable by the town. I'd expect the wagon to top out around 3-4 players before realposting started at a max.
In post 141, MagnaofIllusion wrote:On to other topics …

Pine
– Are you scum reading me? A simple yes or no is fine if that’s all you want to give.
who cares? Why does it matter what pine thinks of you?
In post 141, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
I have never seen any evidence you have the will-power to actually follow through for with this sort of posting for any length of time. Heck I don’t expect it to make it past Day 1.
Roasted :twisted:
In post 142, Pine wrote:MoI - No? You're fantastic when scum, so I don't thoroughly trust my TR of you. Take that as the compliment it is intended.

Fire - Your head is cozy and warm. But I'm worried you're scum. </3
non-comittal position, complements scum play (leaving open possibility for a lynch).

Another buddy with one hand, possible scum read on the other. He could fall either way....

vote:pine

Indecisiveness in commitments.
Tries to bring non-issues to light early to make out of game content seem real.
Page 6 gut-check.

--- old man wall 145
In post 145, Old Man wrote:
It is not necessarily a town tell to call someone scum for having an ugly avatar -- the important thing is context. The question is this: Did the manner of which Kison placed his vote indicate a higher likelihood of being town or being scum? In this
specific
game, do you think that scum would be more likely to vote me for having an ugly avatar, and being open about it? Why or why not?
Ohh bullshit arm chair psychologist over here!!! Oh my fucking god. This type of bullshit gambit never works because you never actually know how the person reacts to creepy avatars or not as scum or as town. God damnit. What, are you trying to play some long con, general sort of game where 60% of townies are more likely to vote you? So then that means xyz is player is ever so slightly more likely to be town than scum? Fuck that noise. It isn't like scum players and town players don't do bullshit justifications for avitar votes. You aren't going to be able to tell the difference between a scum justification and a town justification for voting your dumb ass out of the pool of other possible votes. You are just trying to draw attention to yourself with the avi, and tells based on it are not alignment indicative because everyone knows what the stupid thing looks like. so stahp with this asinine asinine line of reasoning.
Is it really now? Firstly, I'd like to point out that this "random" RVS wagon grew to L-2 within the span of 2 pages. Next, it may be no coincidence that Eddie Cane is the newest member in this game and therefore the most vulnerable. If you may excuse me here, there is nothing "random" about this RVS wagon. My position is that this in a devious concoction of plain bullying as well as scum bandwagoners hopping in for an easy mislynch. What's common about this on MS? The burden of proof is on you.

I've explained why I decided to use the choice of the word "newbie" to describe Eddie Cane. I'm not sure if you have simply failed to read my explanation of that point, or if you are actually cherry-picking extremely trivial points to enhance your argument against me, which, if is the case, I'd point the finger at you for being scummy. The conclusion that I am "stage-setting", bluntly put, you are accusing me of regardless if Eddie "turns out to be Town" or scum, is not a good look for you as well.
1) Yes, I agree the real point of interest in this game so far is the fact that the stupid town also put the wagon to l-2 in 2 pages. Who was thinking, "yeah, it's good for the twon if this shit happens and a pure random player is hit with this pressure."? If this describes you in anyway, then we need to take it outside, because that's a degenerate way to start a game. better to have more posts before a strong wagon builds in my honest opinion.

2) NO, Eddie is NOT most vulnerable because he is the newest player to the game. Eddie is most fucking vulnerable because he was put to l-2. Also, rvs wagons are more or less random for the sake of determining alignment. While this game, it could be the case that he was picked because he was the newest player, yet in another game it is you for you bullshit avvy.

3) the point is, why are you defending Eddie over other people?
In post 146, Pine wrote:Self-meta disclosure: I am a far, far better scum player than Town. As Town, I can sometimes manage to be obvTown, but rarely have significantly-above-average scumhunting skills. I'm around par.

All that said, I'm Town here. Hence my drive to be honest and disclose things.
I suck at this game, so don't vote me. lolloloolloolloollololololololoollololo
In post 162, Kison wrote: UNVOTE: Axelrod
VOTE: Old Man

How do you like this one?
I can understand the vote, but you don't give a reason. I expect more content.

[quote="In post 168, Pine"
Chamber, don't be a wuss. Stick around. Most of us like playing with you, even when it gets a little adversarial.[/quote]
this schtihk again. Assuming chamber leaves for some reason to look like showing sympathy. gawd. The worlds smallest violen plays for the swan song you sing for Mr. chamber.
In post 172, Old Man wrote:
Compared to everyone else, he is a newbie. I'm not referring to "newbie" as in the neophytes who have no idea how to play Mafia in the newbie queue. I have made this very apparent. I mean that Eddie Cane is young to Mafiascum, and it
looks to me that the fast wagon on a player outside of the 'old-player' caste is NOT a mere coincidence
. I do not like it! Have I made myself clear?

I'm here to play mafia, not to find a job in Marketing. You are free to "not buy" what I'm "selling". I have an opinion on the Eddie Cane wagon and I'm making it clear as day.

If you think that this behavior is more likely to come from scum than town, then make your case. If you simply disagree with it, then okay, you are entitled to your own opinion, as am I, but don't pretend that's a valid reason to scumread me when the two are as relevant as apples and oranges.

------

THis game is dense. I will have to return to it with care tomorrow. But I promise a solution. I promise I will finish the read-through.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #9) » Sat May 05, 2018 10:39 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 170, roflcopter wrote:reasons to move your vote off of eddie: just look how scummy old man is being!

unvote
vote: old man

(also mainly that eddie wagon just feels wrong on a gut level)
Parrrot vote with no input or actual scumhunting.
In post 172, Old Man wrote: Compared to everyone else, he is a newbie. I'm not referring to "newbie" as in the neophytes who have no idea how to play Mafia in the newbie queue. I have made this very apparent. I mean that Eddie Cane is young to Mafiascum, and it
looks to me that the fast wagon on a player outside of the 'old-player' caste is NOT a mere coincidence
. I do not like it! Have I made myself clear?

I'm here to play mafia, not to find a job in Marketing. You are free to "not buy" what I'm "selling". I have an opinion on the Eddie Cane wagon and I'm making it clear as day.
Prove how it is alignment indicative or gtfo.
In post 178, Old Man wrote:I forgot:

UNVOTE: Chamber
VOTE: Tywin Lannister

To give the chamber slot and replacement some space while I'm V/LA.
I have real trouble understanding this vote oldman. You have been making points that are at least not insane about other players in this game that would lead me to think that you think that they are scum. Then you vote someone that is more or less off your radar :igmeou: It's like, I would have guessed one of the more "contemplative" players would have voted for a read he contemplated. It seems, at least to me, like tywin was his least developed read at this point, and would not be the hop off of the rvs vote. I am not liking old man's play. Nor am I liking Pines.
In post 180, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 177, Old Man wrote:My intent was to determine your competency level as scum. Pine has helpfully offered his self-meta and opinion of his competencies as the two main alignments. I've yet to diagnose yours.
Perhaps you should take up those Marketing classes after all because this is a terrible, terrible sales job.

I'd love for others to weigh in if they think you honestly were trying to get me to disclose some sort of self-assessment as scum as opposed to a specific attempt to insult and undermine.

Anyone not OldMan - please weigh in on this issue.
yeah, the self-meta is obviously bullshit and reads as being hyper defensive when no one cares. If he is town, then he quotes self meta and plays towards his town meta. If he is scum, then he quotes his town meta and plays like his town meta. Either way it is purely a survivalist tactic designed to not get him lynched. I see no reason why town pine, who is under limited if any real pressure at this point, would feel the need to prempt meta attacks. So yeah, its some bullshit on Pine's part, it reads scummy and is worth a vote at this stage of the game in all honesty. ~that's at least the PGO's humble read.
In post 183, Pine wrote:
In post 181, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 179, Pine wrote:See, if you perceive that OM is trying to put you on tilt in order to get scum!MoI to be reckless and make a revelatory mistake, that should obviate your scumread on him. But...it isn't.

Now I *do* suspect you, for this cogdis.
Um ... I think it is ScumOM trying to take TownMoI's focus away from finding scum besides himself and instead get into a wall battle that most likely serves to turn off most players. Where do you get the conclusion that I think it is a Town OM tactic and that it lessens my scumread on him?
I may have misinterpreted your "on tilt" comment. I accept this explanation for now.
more content less nothing posts from pine.
In post 184, roflcopter wrote:eddie i don't think you're scum but that doesn't mean i think all your reads are right. old man is all in on whiteknighting you, making your opinion of him pretty much the least consequential of anyone. don't take these things personally, difference of opinion in a mafia game should never be seen as "a slap in the face."

if i have to read one more seventeen sentence paragraph on the minutia of what constitutes a newbie under what circumstances i'm going to lose my marbles. from my understanding geriatric games are meant to free us from the shackles of overactive games that the average player couldn't keep up with. writing a novella every time you post causes just about the same problem, and old man is pontificating for the sake of burying this thread in his wordiness and trying to bait people into wall battling him. let's kick this game inaugural geriatric game off with an appropriate dose of dramatic irony by lynching the elderly.

tl;dr please help me feed old man the rope
1) the top part says nothing. Your a null read and I disagree with some of your reads... just like pretty much everyone else on the player list....
2) more contetentless and incorrect garbage. hyper active games feature swift changes in game state that require immediate action from players, where geriatrics do not due to post limit.
In post 186, MagnaofIllusion wrote: Aka OldMan wants to lynch a relational tell when he doesn’t believe the relations that tell is based on. Aka scum fabricating beliefs instead of actually scumhunting. Or distancing from a partner.
moi' great case on Oldman concludes with this. *shrug*. I'm suspending judgment at this point, but I don't think moi is entirly wrong in his analysis.
In post 193, hitogoroshi wrote:Done with moving. Will still be a little patchy as I get situated but I'm not V/LA at least.

I think I agree with Old Man 147 that Tywin 99 is kind of just plain scummy regardless of Eddie/Pine, without it being super associative like I was billing it at first.
This is correct, simply because the argument would be strengthened by a relational tell does not then make tywin town. His posting could be scummy for other reasons. I need more content from him before I can form a read one way or the other. suspending judgment on this issue entirely.
In post 194, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 185, Pine wrote:I'm starting to come around to where you are on Old Man. There's a lot there that seems disingenuous and calculated, and I'm not a fan. I'll be keeping my vote on Chamber, but I could see moving there too.

I think roflcopter may be my spirit animal this game. We seem to be pretty in sync.
I don't like the vote hold - chamber is getting replaced out, and the OM wagon has more traction, so if you like it why not hop on a wagon in motion instead of keeping your vote camped on a dude who's leaving?

In post 191, Pine wrote:I'll take a double vote, Fire, sure.
"It's for this chamber wagon I've been sitting on and barely talking about all game. come on pull up a chair"

[...]

Old Man's style is annoying to read without some flips. It's kind of the same tone I affected with Copper, where it's so deliberate it's easy to fake as scum.

Still don't like Pine or Tywin. Could maybe go for an Eddie wagon. But all three of those feel like they're in the state where I want to heavily index on their next few posts, so for now I kinda want to just flashwagon Kison and see what happens when he has to do something other than coast

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Kison
This post makes absolutely no sense to me. The first point quote is basically not to worry about any of the reads you actually have, but to simply vote for the wagon that has traction. A literal appeal to peer pressure here. The chamber wagon is also releativly new and lasted until page 5 or 6 really. I'll repeat that. Page 5. or. page 6. All day is a bit of a fucking stretch here, especially after the fallout of a really big rvs wagon.

I don't understand how old man's posting style is going to change to be enjoyable after flips..... More importantly, I ALSO DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LOVE FOR THE RVS WAGON. In essence I read this as hito being okay with either of the two bigger wagons, encouraging big wagons to get bigger and discouraging counter wagons. This reads to me as SCUM, trying to lynch whatever they can without caring much about the consequences. And then the off the fucking wall kison vote for little to no stated reason.

This post raises more questions than it could possibly answer. gawd. Massive scum points to hito I think...
In post 200, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 199, Kison wrote:My biggest takeaway from it is what I've already said: Axel, who didn't actually join the wagon but sorta kinda condoned it & threw his vote in with Pine instead. It really did read as "I don't want to be #7 on this thing."
But alignment-wise, how do you interpret not wanting to be #7 on that thing? To me, that seems to make sense for any permutation of alignments, but this post gives me the impression you have a specific takeaway you're drawing from it.
I have some trouble understanding why town would want to be in the position of the 7th vote on an already large bandwagon.
In post 204, MagnaofIllusion wrote:BULSHIT META POSTING GARBAGE
In post 217, MagnaofIllusion wrote: Kison on the other hand – I just feel his posting is “just there” for lack of a better phrase. Maybe he is indeed warming up. But everything he’s written certainly can come from either alignment easily I think. So I need more.
I agree with this point. I do feel as if Kison is phoning it in a bit and is not engaging as much with he content that has been posted as he could have.

AND SPEAK OF THE DEVIL BUT:
In post 228, Kison wrote:Spent the past 3 hours reading this game slowly instead of skimming and only made it to page 7 :neutral:. Lots of people were entirely forgettable. Will finish & reread again coming from another angle.

For now, Old Man is still where I want my vote. Just about everything about his play rubs looks off since his... grand debut...
- Calling me town for my RVS vote of him is nutso. He spent an paragraph explaining it like it was some grand revelation.
- Then voting Chamber when his vote was basically identical to mine. His entire spat with chamber makes him look pretty bad actually.
- Big bad posts, lots of fluff. Why bring up the topic of alts & write a novel on it when it's not really relevant anymore? MoI's post # reflects closely what I thought of it when I saw it.

Just about the only thing I agree with him on is not liking the Eddie wagon.

Axel's later posts look better. Nothing particular stood out other than those 2 early posts where he votes Pine. However, one thing I don't like is despite a high level of content, he seems pretty reluctant to take strong stances. There's Pine/Eddie & "chamber is a bit dodgy" in response to my earlier question. Has anything changed here?

Firebringer's walls stood out & leave a lot to be desired.

Firebringer:
Who besides MoI do you think is scum?? Your read on him is cRaZeE IMO. I made it through your posts. Somehow. I still have no idea where you stand on pretty much anything else except wanting a Pine town block. And you like Chamber. I don't think you're trying.

I'm sleepy. :yawn:
1) is correct, his reaction test was dumb.
2)Explain your read on the chamber vote better.
3) He does fluff post a lot.

I will agree that Axel's more recent posting is better. I will also agree that I have not seen him take strong reads as of yet. Chamber is a bit fucking dudgey, and so is pine. Eddie not so much.

I don't really have any issue with fire's posting to be perfectly honest. it seems fine to me at least.
In post 232, insanity018 wrote:I still think
Old Man's
posts are superficial in actual content. I still like many of Magna's posts regarding Old Man.
THIS IS NOT TRUE. They are fluffy, but he actually does say some shit. It isn't like he is saying nothing, just using too many words to make minor points. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE between these two. (Your foflcoptr case is good and your vote well justified. I too suspect him. Also wall wars are bad if they are about meta or other such stupidity).
In post 234, Old Man wrote:Okay, I've had enough. Korts's biased mod intervention pretty much made the game unenjoyable for me when he overlooked how Magna starting being a dick to myself and other players first. And, I didn't even use abusive language, at the least let us settle it among ourselves. Anyway, I am no longer enjoying myself.
What the hell are ya'll smoking with this personal attacks non-sense narrative for this game? No really, someone pass me the bowl please.
In post 237, Old Man wrote:
In post 236, Axelrod wrote: Forgive my ignorance, but is this "You will be mod-confirmed as Town at the start of D2?"
I am able to manually request for the mod confirmation of my slot as Town at any point from D2 onwards.
:facepalm:

:nerd:

:idea:

why. just why. Why the hell would you claim this d1. explain.
In post 243, Pine wrote:I could, but I choose not to.
vote:pine

In post 245, roflcopter wrote:ok i can't find it, maybe somebody else said that, too much to go digging for right now

whatever, axel is scum anyway

axel why is your vote still parked on pine? do you still think eddie is scummy (you said early on that you would vote him if not for being at l-2 already)? do you have any other scumreads yet? because for all you've written this game, what i can remember of you is voteparking on pine, cheerleading the eddie wagon, giving kmd a red flag for being on the eddie wagon, and repeatedly defending old man while not quite calling him a townread.
This is in fact the reason why one would vote for axel if they thought he was scum. I don't have a real issue with the vote, I just think there are more scummy people than him atm.
In post 246, Kison wrote:Echoing Pine, no point lynching Old Man today if we'll see whether his claim is legit tomorrow. I'm also skeptical of it.

UNVOTE: Old Man
VOTE: Firebringer

I've got a rope with your name on it, boi. Tell me who the scum are. Besides MoI.
well, there is another vote out of nowhere. I'm liking pine and kison as scum at the moment. inconsistent reads. odd votes. little justification. A lot of no content posts... hmm.... the two reads are unrelated and I can find no relational tell between the two. They are similar in nature though. firebringer is VI on a bad day, null on a good one.
In post 258, Tywin Lannister wrote:Forgot

VOTE: Hito
a good vote and a good catch-up post as well. No reason to view tywin as scum. Stays null.

I read hitos wall as reactionary and silly. At one point he mentions that eddie and pine were nothing players (far from the truth as they are much of the talk of the town), and an encouragement to go ahead and vote with the wagon that has currently built up steam.
More scum points to hito, enough that I would be willing to vote if pine doesn't deserve it more.

In post 265, roflcopter wrote:what if old man is some kind of powerful scum role that they just really need to have alive on night one?
fuck no are we lynching oldman d1. If ya'll end up following the above line of thought then this town is full of degenerate morons. Scum points to rofl for suggesting actual idiocy.
This is a non-bastard game
..... The quick and dirty explanation is that we can always force oldman to confirm himself under threat of lynch, thus if he doesn't then we can always kill him. The wifom is only of some rb happening. CERTAINLY not something we want to go ahead and resolve d1 when scum will most certainly have to try and kill him at some point, and adding in possible doctor saves or "Free" resolution to his alignment via scum kill. so fuck no are we doing that. Also even in the worst case, he get's rb'd, scum still waste the shot on him, so we get another cop roll or other such investigates...
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #10) » Sat May 05, 2018 10:41 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I can't be assed to read the remaing 2 pages, so call this a catch-up. I'll get more tomorrow and be able to post more in the flow from this point onward.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #11) » Tue May 08, 2018 4:59 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 318, Kmd4390 wrote:Got a little bit of time. Gonna try to do Page 7 at least.
Posts filler useless meta garbage.

Tywin's is essentially correct. I scum read hito for much the same reasons. I'm down to vote him if a wagon builds, else I stick to my slightly stronger scum read on pine.
In post 321, hitogoroshi wrote: Right, but withholding pressure DOES mean you're influencing the town less. The prevailing winds are shifting off of Axelrod and towards Tywin and KMD. How do you feel about those? Are they happy compromises for you or would you be really upset about one of them being lynched over Axel?
wow. Wow. WOW. This is pretty bad. Essentially it says you have to vote the already pretty large bandwagon otherwise you are scum. Wow. It's d1 and a freaking rvs. I do not understand at all. More scum points to hito for wanting to lynch whatever people want to lynch at the given moment and not thinking about actual scum reads.

The Kison vote I covered already. And hell yeah I want big wagons to get bigger - it's really difficult to try to get reads when people don't consolidate because talk is cheap if it's not likely to lead to action. I like counterwagons as long as the people pushing them believe they will get big. What I hate is people who aren't influencing the lynch and seem fine with it, barring a very specific reason why they're not. (Eg, things like "I'm gonna dick around a bit while my main suspect is on V/LA" isn't a big deal if deadline is far away.)
"I litterally don't care who it is on, just get people closer to lynch. Never mind the fact that there might be significant reasons to not run people up on a band wagon really early like, idk, claims by prs and shit, but yeah, talk is cheap, so lets power lynch someone." that's at least what I got.
In post 322, hitogoroshi wrote: I did vote Pine first. I only swapped off because
I wanted to see more from all three of you-Pine-Eddie before trying to push any more,
and my vote wasn't gonna do anything until I was confident enough in a push because the Pine wagon wasn't movin. Voting Kison was just to see if
we could conjure up some random pressure
on an active lurker and see what happens, but no one else liked that idea.
If you do not find this post scummy then I can't help you. On one hand talk is cheap, thus keep your votes, on the other pull-out and see what happens before pressuring. ALso hoping for random pressure instead of actively creating it. Mores scum points for admitting you want to be a parrot on big wagons.
In post 324, Kmd4390 wrote: _____________________

I don't get the Old Man votes. Kison and Rofl didn't really do anything to explain those.

UNVOTE: Firebringer
VOTE: Tywin Lannister
Could you please explain how tywin couldn't hold all of those positions at the same time? It think he can without contradiction. doesn't mean they are all right, just that he is consistent.
In post 329, roflcopter wrote:
vote: hito
a good vote from a lurker who needs to post more :igmeou:
In post 332, Pine wrote:Oh, I forgot to answer that question. In brief, I would fight a D1 lurker lynch of KMD, but not oppose Tywin. I think there are better choices than Tywin though
both would be bad. KMD is in catch-up mode and has proved he can post content, also wtf, a d1 lurker lynch? what are ya'll on? Tywin lynch is also suboptimal.
In post 344, petroleumjelly wrote:
3.)
roflcopter, please answer my earlier question:
In post 286, petroleumjelly wrote:
In post 265, roflcopter wrote:what if old man is some kind of powerful scum role that they just really need to have alive on night one?
Why bring this up without offering your opinion (or a solution)?
4.)
roflcopter, why are you voting for hitogoroshi? Does this tie back to your Axelrod/hitogoroshi pairing, or something else?
good questions. If ya'll want to lynch a lurker or some bullshit then rofl is the guy to do it to.
In post 347, Eddie Cane wrote:Let's let KMD finish catching up Axel.

Also, Morality flaking is probably scum :/
I'd agree to let KMD catch-up. I have him down as a hard null, but I would be open to reading more engagement with him after he can no longer legitimately hide behind catch-up posts. Also, I have no read on morality and I don't know why you would think that scum would lurk-out early d1.
In post 348, Morality wrote:I’m right here, if I can’t get on tonight, I’ll replace. :lol:

Also, @Eddie - when has me flaking EVER been scum indicative?
yeah, that's kinda scummy. :roll: The whole I swear I have enough time to play this game line, where you never really end up having time to play it.
In post 352, Morality wrote:I feel like Eddie’s taking an easy push, and I don’t know how I feel about it.

VOTE: Eddie Cane
I mean, it is a degenerate meta push and on a d1 lurk claim, so it is basically shit. Don't like the omgus with no catch-up content though.
In post 358, Axelrod wrote:
In post 357, roflcopter wrote:i really still want to lynch axel seriously is no one else seeing this?
I'm not seeing it.
I am also not seeing it. Make the case and I might though.
In post 367, Kison wrote:
In post 316, CooLDoG wrote:Explain your read on the chamber vote better.
My vote & Chamber's on Old Man were practically the same. The only difference is I joked about Old Man's avatar looking scummy. He came up with the BS about town reading me yet went after Chamber's because his vote was blank. Inconsistent & he read way too much into something trivial.
all is fair then.

-----

done for now. I'll have more later today. Gonna clean the pig sty that is my fucking room and make some lunch, then back to mafia I guess.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #12) » Wed May 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

I'm too drunk for this shit tonight, sorry ya'll. I'll have something substantive tomorrow or saturday. Friday is going to be generally a shit show.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #13) » Thu May 10, 2018 3:41 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I felt like I could do it because this town is quite frankly super undirected.
I felt like I could do it. More like I felt that I could get away with it. Fuck.
vote: hitogoroshi

would be willing to switch back to pine on the drop of a vote.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #14) » Sun May 13, 2018 9:52 am

Post by CooLDoG »

ohh god. I'm several days behind. I'll try to catch up as soon as possible. This game is so damn dense... busy with life bullshit...
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #15) » Wed May 16, 2018 1:47 am

Post by CooLDoG »

hay guys, I'm currently in the moving process. Really sorry about not posting or keeping up with the game. I'll get to it as soon as humanly possible.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #16) » Fri May 18, 2018 12:57 am

Post by CooLDoG »

somebody give me a quick recap or else it will be a while before I can catch-up and I'll be reading from around here.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #17) » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 566, Old Man wrote:Why are there so many votes on hitogoroshi? He is one of my strongest townreads.
because he has been a scummy fuck, as I have pointed out.
In post 573, roflcopter wrote:
unvote

hito maybe just look at axel with a critical eye again idk
like has he seriously just been on the pine vote this whole time? has he changed his position on this voteparking behavior since ? (has he? i really don't know <.<)
he's been sitting on his pine vote which is ostensibly a vote for pine not being town enough or something but he's been throwing shade from there on select other wagons like eddie and tywin that are probably on town

vote: axelrod

calling all townies to vote for axelrod
Axle is not the worst lynch, but I don't see how he is trying to set-up town lynches. I read him as activly trying to catch scum, which gets d1 town points from CooLDoG.
In post 577, Ginngie wrote:So I was reading post 271 and it got me thinking about this wild theory.

It does follow an assumption of Cooldog being town.

One thing I'm curious about is if, on a subconscious level, rofl suggesting in post 69 to tell CD to fake claim doctor akins to a scum player thinking what would bait out town PRs like the doctor CC Cooldog mentions right under the quote.
100% correct. Although I think the two "correct" lines of play for a PGO would be either to claim d1, OR claim when forced or somewhere very late or not at all. Claiming doctor never seems to me to be the correct move simply given the fact that a cc will happen where two town are on both ends of the who must get lynched. I'm not sure if rofl was being dumb or being scum.
In post 584, Firebringer wrote:And I realize as I posted I won’t make it personal, I basically fdid.

Can we focus on the points being made though.
to break my rule of "never defend players d1", Firebringer is being adhommed and is a stupid lynch for today.

also, I'm having to move soon, so my ability to participate in this d1 is going to be somewhat limited for the next couple of days. By the second week of next month I'll have literally nothing to do, so d2 will be good for me.

Expect more today, late tomorrow, but in all likelyhood the next day.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #18) » Fri May 18, 2018 9:56 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Why your vote is worthless unless it is on hito.

On Respect, a quite obvious concept in-it-self

Third on Band wagon that was just run up high for zero reason in no time.

Hito, votes off the wagon on page 3. , and in the next post makes a wild association tell conspiracy,

Which is quite silly from a person who took umbridge with Twyll later in for calling the confirmation times scummy at the time at which they did. It is essentially random, to start with, which is his point. Just admit the rvs wagon and ride it or don't. You are calling out the dude who is saying the litteral rvs vote might not be the guy. There is someone more scummy. You voted off the fucking wagon presumably for some reason too! "Why would anyone not question it when half the playerbase sheeped it instantly?". Twyll's . It's like, you are saying that the guy saying that people like you making the right play are wrong. It seems to me to be the case that one should at the very least give reasons for the vote. THis is the start of hito's game (the rest I believe I have more or less commented on)...

This is absurd in light of: which is naturally the "prevailing wends" comment of the day. Shouldn't one want to be screaming from the rooftop about why their pet wagon is the best? Instead of maybe calling out friebringer for not being engaged with the game, literally after he says he is sick in bed in .

The meat of his post is saying that we ought to go with the prevailing wends now, as opposed to not before, which happened already which he was both a part of and ignored. You seem to be speaking in this post as if the options are "big wagon, or fight better for the wagon I'm on". And you, my good friend, are voting someone who you have not interacted with in 5 irl days... hmmm... although he doth seemed to have flaked. At any rate, unless you can offer substantive proof of why anyone should hop on your bullshit wagon other than, "hurr, it's teh bigger one ya'll" then get out of here. This is the stuff of litterall just going opposite of what you want in your disorganized town comments. It so happens that you are trying to deflect the wagon to a wagon that we all know was really started off on some shaky pretenses. Page the early pages, page 13 is not.
vote hito
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #19) » Fri May 18, 2018 9:58 am

Post by CooLDoG »

srry, the 3rd page reference should be to
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #20) » Fri May 18, 2018 10:02 am

Post by CooLDoG »

And the last sentence got screwed by phone as well. What I meant to say, that while page 13 this is not, it seems that the play still stands and hito is holding is tune even though the wagon hasn't gotten anywhere, and he is no longer making significant effort to push it.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (isolation #21) » Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 632, roflcopter wrote:i completely do not care what tywin/lycan are even posting they could have posted a million ascii dicks and it would still be a day one mislynch wagon
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #22) » Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 am

Post by CooLDoG »

hito should now consistently think that rofl is scum for his defense.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #23) » Sat May 19, 2018 11:17 am

Post by CooLDoG »

at least for me, and I know I'm burning posts on non-walls here, but... reads as a player who both thinks day one matters a lot for the reads that you can get, but on the other hand is saying that we should just ring someone up for intel. This has been my major conflict all game. I have other scum reads that I have that I can't put the effort into building a case on at this moment, these are, actually rolf, for his low effort posting, pine for a stasis on my previous read, and kison for similar reasons to rolf. In a content heavy game like this I see scum trying to play on the lower level banter instead of getting caught in long-drawn-out arguments between wall posters.

So there you go, let's vote hito. Axle is a toss-up wall poster to me, half the shit he says I agree with, the other half I don't.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (isolation #24) » Wed May 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

v/la till staurday in order to move
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (isolation #25) » Sat May 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Between lycan and axel, I'm persuaded to vote for axel. I'll do some catch-up work tonight... I hope to get some good content tomorrow.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (isolation #26) » Sun May 27, 2018 9:55 am

Post by CooLDoG »

vote: kmd

did an iso read, didn't like his votes. He has a lot of non-comittal hops, and does not deliver much content. Worth a vote, better than the other options.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #27) » Thu May 31, 2018 11:17 am

Post by CooLDoG »

always do the other stuff.
after a wank.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”