projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:56 am

Post by projectmatt »

I thought this was still in the queue.

I made a ton of huge catch up posts before the server went down and to be honest I don't even remember what my reads completely were. I can recall thinking that Mcqueen, TwistedSpoon Pine and Mastin were town, and after reading I'm going to put chkflip on that list as well. (This is his town play.)

I'll have to think about who I even want to vote out.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:15 am

Post by projectmatt »

I'll be glad if we manage to get the rest of the game up. It's annoying trying to remember what to do.

I remember strongly disliking Lowell and Damon (I remember Damon made some terrible post with a vote on him that was like "wow this vote makes it so all the scum can jump on this wagon easily) which was an intense over reaction and extremely forced, which makes me inclined to vote him. I don't really recall why I had suspected Lowell. I remember bits and pieces, like his votes were bad and he was subtly using filler while pretending it was content but I have no specifics.

Twisted was town for his laid back attitude and I don't know, just the way he spoke and scumhunted rang off as extremely town.

Mcqueen was town for reasons I forget but I remember him being really, really freaking obvious town.

Mastin was a town lean because the whole "i'm gonna catch the whole scum team d1 with my crazy analysis" is what he does as town, although I've never actually seen his scum play.

Chkflip is town. Too lazy to explain that.

Nacho was kind of town but he also had a few sketchy posts, memory says he was a leaning tow as well though.

Oh, and I think I had a scum read on Kise as well but I don't remember why. That's all for now.

Vote: Damon
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:19 am

Post by projectmatt »

Unvote

Vote: Lowell

Supporters?

Nacho, this is not the way Chkflip plays as scum. When he's town he's seemingly laid back and he has a very ..relaxed tone, his posts ring out as town. I also don't believe he's stupid enough as mafia to push for a Mastin lynch as soon as he replaces in as well.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:20 am

Post by projectmatt »

Oh and Mastin, what's making you read me as scum? I'm not sure what it's based on given you've read me incorrectly in the past and I feel my play is pretty much the same <.<
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:17 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 120, Twistedspoon wrote:Lowell is a boring vote. I won't say it's wrong though; just boring.

Why flip from sly at the first hint of a new wagon though, Mastin? Bandwagon much?

@DG: did you crumb cop? I believe your claim, but a crumb would be an added bonus.

Why do you believe his claim?

In post 124, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Pizza

Comparing Lowell and Pizza's dreadful ISOs, I believe Pizza's is more indicative of scum, although not by a ton.

Is there any specific reason people are choosing a Lowell vote over a Pizza vote?

Hi, BB! It's nice to play with you again. It's a shame you're probably scum because this post is incredibly awkward in tone. Who did you replace again?

In post 125, SlySly wrote:VOTE: DamonGant

That's all I have to say about that.

Let's not get hasty.

In post 135, SlySly wrote:
In post 130, Damon_Gant wrote:
Sly's vote on me is irritating.

What is really irritating is when a cop's role is rendered useless because someone 5 votes from being lynched on Day 1 wants to claim because they can't "see no way to change this game right now in the town's favour other than claiming". There is no protown reason to basically take the cop role out of the game on D1 unpressured. You're either scum that's trying to pull some BS, or you are a lame duck cop that should be lynched for screwing the town out of a cop.

This logic is bad. You're seriously recommending a lynch on Damon not because you scumread him, but because he's playing badly if he's town? Come on. An unprovoked cop claim is play I wouldn't exactly expect Damon to do as mafia and you wanting to lynch him because "he's bad lol" is terrible and you are better than this.

In post 148, Twistedspoon wrote:
In post 146, chkflip wrote:I'm only talking like that because you're trying to push me to "vote one of my scumreads" when that's precisely what I'm doing. And you really can't say you're not, the connotation and decorum in 139 AND 141.

But thanks for making this conversation go on longer than it needed to.

This conversation will last as long as it needs to. Conversation is probably the least harmful thing the town can have.

The short of it is that after one post I, in your shoes, would certainly not be able to judge lowell as a scumread and lynchworthy after his one meagre post.
If Lowell flips town then I'm going to seriously suspect you tomorrow amigo after this shoddy sheeping :igmeou:

Have you played with Chkflip before?

In post 161, kondi2424 wrote:Self-mata

Saying "lol self meta" to justify a fair point against your reads is silly.

In post 177, Andycyca wrote:
In post 110, Damon_Gant wrote:This game is a disaster. This situation is ridiculous. We have 5 days, and we really have not moved forward from when this game restarted. I sincerely apologise for having to do this, but I see no way to change this game right now in the town's favour other than claiming. I'm the cop.

What the hell? Honestly, I know this game is going at a *very* slow pace (and yes, I'm aware of my very low posting rate) but I don't think this was necessary. Something about this claim irks me, but it's more a gut feeling. I don't think this was the best thing to do for the town right now, as it will most likely give us headaches later. I'd rather have pushed for a lynch.

In post 125, SlySly wrote:VOTE: DamonGant

That's all I have to say about that.

In post 135, SlySly wrote:
In post 130, Damon_Gant wrote:
Sly's vote on me is irritating.

What is really irritating is when a cop's role is rendered useless because someone 5 votes from being lynched on Day 1 wants to claim because they can't "see no way to change this game right now in the town's favour other than claiming". There is no protown reason to basically take the cop role out of the game on D1 unpressured. You're either scum that's trying to pull some BS, or you are a lame duck cop that should be lynched for screwing the town out of a cop.

I partially agree with Sly here. I too think there were other ways of speeding up this game and the only way this claim will be useful is if tomorrow Damon gives us an investigation result. If we get no results there are a number of possible theories to go about it and with no real proof for any one of them, we'll reach a dead end soon.

However, I don't think Damon should be lynched, at least not today.

On another line, I just found out kondi's replies have all been one liners, note very helpful, but nothing too suspicious.

In post 164, chkflip wrote:Are you serious? Why would scum, that had votes on them, want to encourage discussion?

I DON'T KNOW, TO GET THE ATTENTION OFF OF HIM. HMMMMMMM.

Hardcore defense is hardcore; Gant flips scum, you're definitely his buddy.

UNVOTE: Lowell
VOTE: Damon_Gant

Much better vote right now. Pins two people instead of one. #LoveIt

A few questions about this vote:

1. Do you see both Lowell and Damon as (potential) scum?
2. Do you think Damon is a better lynch today than Lowell just because of his cop claim? If not, is it for something else?
3. Have you considered the possibility that Damon might be right and we might lynch him D1?

This post irks me the wrong way.

Analysis:
This game is slow moving and boring.

Analysis #2:
We need momentum.

Conclusion:
Let's make this game actually worth playing. We could start by gathering around and sharing all of our reads in depth with reasoning. I'll do mine later.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Hi guys. While you're arguing about whether or not it's wise to lynch a claimed cop day one because he has "connections" (tip: it's not) and making town vs town cases on each other (I'm looking at you, Chkflip and Twistedspoon, although I must admit I'm not as sure on Twistedtown anymore but still pretty sure on Chktown), I'll be lynching the person who is scum or has the likeliest chance to be. I would make a case, but I can't without the old game.

I find this game really insufferable and I'm not sure why. We all need a slap in the face, I think.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:26 am

Post by projectmatt »

I didn't notice this started again.

Content soon.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:48 am

Post by projectmatt »

>make huge catch up post

>close tab by accident

..let me just .. sum this up .. quickly

Pine,
how confident are you that Bunnylover is scum, and what do you plan to do if Bunny is town?

Twistedspoon,
your jumping on BBmolla's wagon was insanely, insanely awkward but I'll disregard that given you towntold a bit before.

Mcqueen, you're obvious town. Hi.

The case/attempted lynch on Pine makes 0 sense

In post 368, kondi2424 wrote:Hey mcqueen Pine townslipped fuck off

I must say, I'm not used to you being this confident, although I agree Pine is town.

huh

that was a bland catch up post

i'll just say this again

pine, mcqueen, nacho and chkflip are all town

I feel like Kline is flying under the radar significantly and he could easily be scum but I'll deal with that later

in fact i'll just decide who i want to vote either but someone should really look into kline
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:47 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 385, SlySly wrote:projectmatt, who's kline?

Kline, Kise. Same difference. n_n

In post 386, mcqueen wrote:
projectmatt wrote:
Mcqueen, you're obvious town. Hi.

Hi.

Hi! So why are you voting Pine?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:34 am

Post by projectmatt »

Pine -
I forgot to ask, is it possible to paraphrase or quote things from the QT or is that against the guidelines? I can't find anything regarding it in the game rules. I think it would be a gigantic help if you could paraphrase some of the things Bunny said, but yeah
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:45 am

Post by projectmatt »

Prod received. I should have informed you, sorry. I've been ill the past few days so it's been difficult to post.

Content today/tomorrow
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by projectmatt »

I have never been so mad

I made a fairly long catch up post and i pushed the "X" button on google chrome by accident (which is what i did last time as well)

LET'S DO THIS AGAIN

In post 414, Kise wrote:I think I'm taking a break from the site after this game. Just not into it like I used to be.

In post 406, Oversoul wrote:Also, the current wagons suck.

We need to address this and start by going after Bunny lover again.

What do we get from that, as any alignment Bunny would flip? It lost steam and I'm more convinced Pine is just tunneling. Can you also explain why the wagons suck?

Townie tingles coming from Nacho too. I'm seeing some chainsawwing from Sly. Still ain't getting nothing from andy's post.

What do you need, matt?

Vote: andy

apathy in this post might make him town idk

In post 417, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pine

I prefer this over BL lynch.

We have four days folks, we need to figure out who we're lynching so we can deal with claiming.

Why

In post 420, BBmolla wrote:
In post 419, chkflip wrote:
In post 417, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Pine

I prefer this over BL lynch.

We have four days folks, we need to figure out who we're lynching so we can deal with claiming.

Nope. Pine tomorrow, depending on your flip. Sorry; thanks for playing.

Whatever, if we're lynching me let's decide it quickly so I can claim.

I too, love to awkwardly soft claim a PR when there's the threat of a lynch on me. Soft claim irks me the wrong way but I'll this go for now.

In post 424, Bunnylover wrote:Sorry for my absent, a little hectic in my life atm.

In post 396, projectmatt wrote:
Pine -
I forgot to ask, is it possible to paraphrase or quote things from the QT or is that against the guidelines? I can't find anything regarding it in the game rules. I think it would be a gigantic help if you could paraphrase some of the things Bunny said, but yeah

This is what I said summary (in case I'm not allowed to copy+paste):
I claimed I was not scum.
Wonder why Pine was so jumpy to start calling someone scum
I explained what would happen if we assume one of us is scum, saying that the QT will be pointless
Then said that I would like to have someone to reflect ideas off, then decided on his alignment.
Thats all I said.

he attacked you right away?

Post #465 by Kondi is an awkwardly formal and sincere side I have never seen from him. I've only seen him play laid back and not nearly as confident/analytic as he does now. I'll keep on eye on him, I guess.

In post 493, Bunnylover wrote:
In post 476, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:Don't agree that someone scum.
Won't vote them, unless its deadline.
Point out why I don't agree with the reason people have presented to why they are scum.
Ask for clarification.
Conclusion?
Bunny must be scum with BBM.
Really?

Placation.

Bunnylover wrote:The only problem with scum doing that is not everyone believe in the Town v Scum neighbor in this situation, I think only 1 or 2 people agree with it. Therefore all they will gain is killing that person, the situation on the other person won't change.

Placation.

Bunnylover wrote:Pine - He's trying to do everything in his power to get me lynched based on meta. Wouldn't be so bad, but his whole case is based on meta which I just can't believe town would risk. But this may just be OMGUS, trying to figure out exactly what it is.

Placation.

Bunnylover wrote:This is the problem right here.
You got it so stuck in your head that someone has to be scum in the neighbor that you refuse to consider anything else.
Holding onto site meta is going to get you lynched, and if your town you need to stop.

Placation.

Bunnylover wrote:Because everyone following you right and I must be panicing?
You know with those 8 votes............ oh wait 2 votes on me?
Theres no helping you. You've dug your own grave.
Vote: Pine

Finally goes for a vote.

This is the FIRST TIME Bunny has placed a vote on Pine. Bunny has been dancing around the Pine-as-scum issue all of this time, until it comes to 8 votes on Pine and 2 votes on Bunny. This sort of action makes it seem like Bunny is afraid to get into a 1 v 1 with Pine unless support is overwhelmingly in Bunny's favor. Yes, Pine's case stems from idiocy. But it was good pressure at the time, and it resulted in Bunny doing nothing but attempting to dodge Pine's attacks. Notice how Bunny has commented on nothing else, save for how unsure he is about Pine. This is unacceptable. There are no attempts to scumhunt here AT ALL; with 30-something pages of game play, Bunny should have done a lot more than decide one null read.

Pine had 1 vote, McQueen, maybe 2 from someone else. Where did this 8 votes come from?
Yeah I didn't want to go into a 1 v 1. I'm town, don't know his alignment. If I am wrong about his alignment then I know I will be lynched. Then the question of where my suspicion is coming from comes to mind. Do I think Pine is scum because he is tunneling me which is clouding my mind or is Pine scum because the way he is doing it comes from scum.
Dodging Pine attacks? What attacks? He hasn't said nothing new that hasn't already been stated so what am I dodging?
But I'm tried of wasting time on this.
Unvote
Vote:Bunnylover

Come on BL, seriously?

Basically, Pine's case on Bunny Lover is unverifable awkward setup speculation that holds no water whatsoever and no, I can easily see both of them being town. (Although BL's self vote is just ..sigh). I would STRONGLY suggest not lynching Pine. BL is an OK wagon I guess but I wouldn't be surprised if he flips town and Pine is town as well.

BBmolla wagon should die, at least for today. No, really.

Twisted Spoon should stop coasting, it's really, really annoying and makes me want to second guess my town read on him.

I'll be honest when I say I don't see the case on SlySly very well.

BL is probably the best vote out of all of today's wagons and the probability of me jumping on it is very high but yeah
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:25 am

Post by projectmatt »

Mastin, is Mcqueen town?

Vote: Bunny
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 550, Pine wrote:Scumpoints to chkflip

For hammering on the person you've been tunneling on a day before the deadline..?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Hm.

Oversoul, why is it me? Let's talk.

Having some doubts about Bunnylover myself - not that I ever scum read her hard in the first place, but I'm also not sure who I could switch a wagon on in the course of one day. Eh...
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:49 am

Post by projectmatt »

1. Someone explain to me why Kise is town

2. Knox is a fairly good vote.

3. I have a few fairly solid town reads but I need to check up something quickly. However Mastin/Nacho seriously need to realize that I'm town. <.<
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:55 am

Post by projectmatt »

Give me an hour or two.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:16 am

Post by projectmatt »

Sorry

Life, it sucks

I'll give you a post tonight - I pinky promise

but my period button broke off the keyboard so it won't have proper grammar
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:17 am

Post by projectmatt »

Sorry

Life, it sucks

I'll give you a post tonight - I pinky promise

but my period button broke off the keyboard so it won't have proper grammar
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 am

Post by projectmatt »

Okay, finally a lot of free time

Let's get this started
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:28 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 652, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 641, projectmatt wrote:Give me an hour or two.

An hour or two or twelve?
I'm not going to answer your question if you string me along like this; I'll just make you die.

Actually, I meant about a week :P

In post 665, Pine wrote:So yeah. BB lynch. Go.

BL or Chkflip also accepted.

Hi Pine

A few questions -

After Sly's scumflip do you have as much as a confident read on BL? You seem to have gone down quite a bit on your tunneling of her

I highly oppose the notion of a chkflip lynch and i'm not sure why we're jumping on BBmolla when the real fish -
the scum
should, at least partly be where the BL wagon was yesterday (I was a part of it as well, I know)

In post 676, Oversoul wrote:
In post 674, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 659, Oversoul wrote:In lieu of Twisted's revelation, Nacho, why did you come to Andy's defense so quickly?

Why are you asking me this? I only came in when TS started to string the gambit along and it was painfully obvious that nothing was happening.

Unvote, Vote: BBMolla

I am just trying to parcel out the reasoning for doing something like this. It is interesting that you immediately dismissed TS's gambit despite the albeit low, chance of a deputy.

In post 660, Andycyca wrote:Is this some kind of code?

Yes it was a code. It was Nacho-scum attacking town twisted spoon (I inverted to throw off people) for attacking Andy-scum.

I'm still not certain whether this is a scum move of trying to white knight a person who has been getting pressure (Andy) or if it defending a buddy, but quick defense looked suspicious in my mind.

When I get a chance I'll make my case on Matt.

I think I've pointed this out before, but I'm actually rather surprised you're able to call me scum with confidence when I can recall in the game where I actually was scum and you were town, you were a bit wary to lynch me because you thought I often had false connections with the scum, but yes, please make this case

I'm very interested, and it should help me read you

In post 677, kondi2424 wrote:
@Mod: I'm going to have to ask for replacement. My parents are setting MAJOR limitations on my time, and I only have time to be in one game at a time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If it helps, Overtoast, BB and Andy are my top suspects, with projectmatt, knox, and mastin being minor suspects. Pine and chkflip are DEFINITELY town.

Not sure if I mentioned it or not but Kondi (and his replacement) are very, very likely town

Originally, I was planning to come in and attack Knox but after looking at her ISO I'm actually tempted to give her some free space right now because of her strong attack on SlySly and my inablity to actually get a solid scum tell on her, aside from a fairly bad unjustifiable gut read

quote="In post 91 , Andycyca"]Quick summary:

1. Unfortunately my (offline) notes are forever lost, i only have my memory to work right now.
  2. If my memory is right:
    1. Mastin was slightly suspicious because of him handing out his POV on several players and starting to "group" them in order to find the mafia, without giving much reasoning behind it. Town points for stirring discussion, tho
    2. Nacho was slightly suspicious because of him following Mastin's reasoning without much of a questioning.
    3. I had a read on OS and McQueen but I can't remember it, so they're back to neutral
    4. Bunny was suspicious because of lurking

5. Sly is townlean because of him continuing the discussion, even though I don't completely agree with his position

3. The rest of you are neutral, I don't remember anymore
  4. Welcome chkflip. I don't remember Alex, but you're leaning town.

In post 36, BBmolla wrote:
@Others:
Is Town-chkflip or Scum-chkflip more likely to make an awful case like the above? I've only played with him as scum, and one time he lurked while the other he actually pushed some pretty solid cases, which is why this misrep is confusing me.

I've never played with him or anyone of you. I don't have meta.

MOD please note: my thesis defense comes sometime in the next 2 weeks. I have to move to a new apt. sometime in the first half of April and my graduation papers/official photo shoot/general shenanigans happen sometime in the 2nd or 3rd week of April. I can't stay around here for extended periods of time, but I'll come whenever I can, read, reply and go. My time schedule is a little tight right now. I hope you and my fellow players will understand[/quote]

Reads in this post are
awful
and specifically some of the bolded raises an eyebrow

Someone
should explain why Andyca is being read as generally town because many, many posts and a lot of what he says honestly makes me think he's quite scum although I'll need to look deep into him before I do an in-depth anylysis

God, I am terrible at forum mafia

Right now, Nacho and chkflip are the only reads that I can actually
trust
to be town

I want to vote Andy but I'm not sure if he has support

Will look into BBmolla
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Post by projectmatt »

V/LA until the 28/29th, going away for the weekend

I'm aware I have not been very active but after this weekend I will be finishing up a very busy period in my life and should have the time that's required for a game, I am sorry, but I should be able to be my active self after this weekend
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (isolation #22) » Thu May 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 683, Oversoul wrote:
In post 99, projectmatt wrote:It's annoying trying to remember what to do.

Normally I would not be against a side statement like this as it looks mostly harmless but I have to examine what it could mean coming from scum. Scum would say something like this because they have forgotten what they had said before the game was nuked and want to retain those same opinions for fear of looking discordant.

Trying to remember what to do looks like a scum without a plan because there are no longer any posts to try and trick the town into lynching the wrong person.

Why does me saying "I'm not sure what to do" read more as scum without a plan than town without a plan? I don't get this

In post 99, projectmatt wrote:Mastin was a town lean because the whole "i'm gonna catch the whole scum team d1 with my crazy analysis" is what he does as town, although I've never actually seen his scum play.

So you cannot really say that is his town play then? Why attribute something to Mastin so loosely when even you realize it cannot be completely trusted. This looks like scum trying to call someone town so that they do not need to have other reasons for calling said person town.

It means that he's town based on everything I've seen but the read isn't completely confident.

In post 116, projectmatt wrote:Oh and Mastin, what's making you read me as scum? I'm not sure what it's based on given you've read me incorrectly in the past and I feel my play is pretty much the same <.<

He acknowledges that this is just normal Mastin play, and acknowledges that it was wrong last time, but is still curious as to why Mastin thinks he is scum.

???? Yes, why would I not be curious as to why Mastin thinks I'm scum? I'm asking because I was playing pretty much the same as I did when I was town so I was trying to understand his read

In my opinion, Matt is playing scum due to a heightened sense of self awareness and he is conscientious of his play and doesn't want to look scummy.

I'm always "self aware" but people reading me is not my top priority

In post 205, projectmatt wrote:Hi guys. While you're arguing about whether or not it's wise to lynch a claimed cop day one because he has "connections" (tip: it's not) and making town vs town cases on each other (I'm looking at you, Chkflip and Twistedspoon, although I must admit I'm not as sure on Twistedtown anymore but still pretty sure on Chktown), I'll be lynching the person who is scum or has the likeliest chance to be. I would make a case, but I can't without the old game.

*sigh* I hate my own ambivalence. I'm going to need to remain confident about my feelings toward Matt, though.

Matt stating that Chk vs. TS is town v town is again scum attributing towniness to other players so that he does not need to come up with another read. He says that TS is town but remarks that his TS read could be wrong, so then how could he be so sure that Chk vs TS is a waste of time because it is a T v T argument?

Both had towntold IMMENSELY and I knew that trying to lynch either of them would be foolish and terrible so yes, I was getting a little annoyed that they were at each other's throats and I said that to make it stop

His last comment about the old game answers my questions about his first comment "I don't know what to do", but only partially and I would really like Matt to answer the question in full.

Why did you say "I don't know what to do" in your second post?

Because I wasn't sure where to start after losing the entire game

In post 382, projectmatt wrote:Twistedspoon,your jumping on BBmolla's wagon was insanely, insanely awkward but I'll disregard that given you towntold a bit before.

You used akward to describe BBmolla's vote as scummy. What exactly do you mean when you say awkward? Right now I see you using awkward as a synonym for scummy.

It meant ...awkward. It didn't seem natural, it felt forced, so yes I guess I was

In post 396, projectmatt wrote:
Pine -

If both Pine and BL are town then this post possibly means Matt is looking for something to play on a BL lynch. However, if one of the two is scum then this does point toward Matt being town as he would know what BL already said in the QT.

How does me trying to get reads by getting Pine to quote the QT translate to me trying to get the QT so I can have a basis to lynch Bunny? If I was that eager to lynch Bunny, why not just lynch him based on what was already there? It's not like anybody was trying to call him town

In post 511, projectmatt wrote:Post #465 by Kondi is an awkwardly formal and sincere side I have never seen from him. I've only seen him play laid back and not nearly as confident/analytic as he does now. I'll keep on eye on him, I guess.

I agree with this sentiment that Kondi deserves a second look.

Why do you think that Kondi is town now, Matt?

I forget what he did but I remember him making several towntells after I had made that post

In post 528, projectmatt wrote:Mastin, is Mcqueen town?

Vote: Bunny

Excuse me?

Matt in his previous posts says that he can see BL being town and states that BL's wagon is okay. Up to this point I don't think Matt has even announced any scumreads as he has vocally said BL could be town while voting for him.

Actually I outed a scum read on Kise and I forget who else but I outed several town reads which is generally how I play. Saying that someone
COULD
be town doesn't mean they are

In addition, he tries to make his post look more adequate by asking Mastin the most pointless question in the history of the universe. Matt has said numerous times that Mcqueen is obvious town. Multiple people have stated that they think Mcqueen is obvious town so why the hell would he ask Mastin what he thinks of Mcqueen?

Mcqueen was obvious town but I remember Mastin was looking at him in an odd way so I was trying to ask him if he thought that Mcqueen was town as well. This would help me get a read on Mastin and let me see if he was getting the same kind of tells, like a town would.

In post 563, projectmatt wrote:Hm.

Oversoul, why is it me? Let's talk.

Having some doubts about Bunnylover myself - not that I ever scum read her hard in the first place, but I'm also not sure who I could switch a wagon on in the course of one day. Eh...

I am ready to talk. I have been busy and I guess so have you, but your play has been extremely suspect.

The last part of this post looks horrible as only scum are concerned who they should switch to do when push comes to shove. I give you towncredit as it doesn't make sense for scum to publicly announce this feeling, but damn this post.

Right, damn this post because I'm not sure who to vote.

In post 639, projectmatt wrote:1. Someone explain to me why Kise is town

2. Knox is a fairly good vote.

3. I have a few fairly solid town reads but I need to check up something quickly. However Mastin/Nacho seriously need to realize that I'm town. <.<

Why is Knox a good vote?

Why are you so concerned about Mastin and Nacho thinking that you are scum? Why is my name not mentioned? What makes you think that other people should view you as town in this game? You haven't anything, been confirmed by anything, or have someone confirm you as town.

Because I get mislynched in several of my games when I am town and I despise being seen as a "VI" or a liability, so yes, I want people that I believe are town to townread me so I don't end up getting screwed over later

In post 682, projectmatt wrote:Originally, I was planning to come in and attack Knox but after looking at her ISO I'm actually tempted to give her some free space right now because of her strong attack on SlySly and my inablity to actually get a solid scum tell on her, aside from a fairly bad unjustifiable gut read

What does her attack on Sly have to do with anything? Sly was a traitor... therefore main group scum would not have known he was mafia. Sly could have potentially known who maingroup scum were, though.

That was my mistake.

What game have we played together where you were scum and I was town?

Red Dead Redemption Mafia

[/quote]

Responses in bold.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #23) » Thu May 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Post by projectmatt »

For the record, I think that Oversoul is town but I want to respond to his case to clarify and respond to his questions.

In post 711, Bunnylover wrote:TwistedSpoon:
What do you think about Andy flipping Miller?

What's the purpose of this question?

Leaning on voting Knox but I'm going to go ahead and give myself some time to read
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (isolation #24) » Fri May 04, 2012 5:14 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 721, mastin2 wrote:Y'know?

Unvote, VOTE: projectmatt.

My case against Matt feels stronger, Oversoul made a case against matt and HE is the one who ended up dead, combined with matt's willingness to vote knox?

Yeah. This is the way to go.

A case that I responded to and adressed as much as I could? I'm not sure why I always get misread as town, it's starting to get extremely frustrating. You're basing your vote off of my previous slot's play (when in reality you can't come up with anything for my play) and you're riding on the fact that the person who died thought I was scum when I had spent the entire last post arguing against it. Come on Mastin, you know better

PS: my
willingness
to vote Knox is because I think he has a high chance of being scum

In post 723, Twistedspoon wrote:
In post 720, projectmatt wrote:For the record, I think that Oversoul is town but I want to respond to his case to clarify and respond to his questions.

oversoul already flipped dude

Yeah, just pretend that I didn't say that. :oops:

In post 724, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Matt

knox wagon turned real ugly real quick.

How?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (isolation #25) » Mon May 07, 2012 6:44 am

Post by projectmatt »

this game is extraordinarily depressing
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (isolation #26) » Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 728, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Matt wrote:Come on Mastin, you know better

You say this like you're above suspicion. Is this correct?

Matt wrote:How?

It was fast, it was painless. And yet, not a whole lot of people really cared too deeply about it. Those are not the marks of a good wagon to me.

I'm not above suspicion, I was attacking Mastin's reasons
for
placing me in suspicion. They were poor and based off of a case that I addressed.

In post 729, Pine wrote:Hrm. Fine. BL and I were able to narrow down the two remaining scum to {BB, Knox, Matt}. Matt is the least likely of the three, but we have the ability to just lynch all three of them for the win.

Unvote
Vote: Matt

yeah i'm sorry but i'm not ok with being a living sacrifice so you can "narrow it down" because in spite of the fact that i have town reads on some players i sure as hell don't trust them enough to become a lynch because you have it "narrowed down"

you should know very damn well that i'm town and it's extremely frustarting to get lynched in this spot, especially when i haven't seen a shred of logic presented against me

with that being said,

vote: knox

If Mastin/Nacho are scum, I'll deal with that later but for the moment I have no plans to go down
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #27) » Mon May 07, 2012 10:00 am

Post by projectmatt »

Irritated about getting lynched as town when there's a lack of logical arguments against you tends to make you react poorly
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #28) » Thu May 10, 2012 8:51 am

Post by projectmatt »

this game is stupid

I'm a vanilla townie who honestly is partly avoiding posting in this game because the premise of getting lynched
again
as town when nobody can even provide a single shred of logic against you is extremely frustrating. I mean, seriously

BL, Pine and Nacho are all fairly town. Mastin/Twisted are both early town reads but they require a bit more looking into. Wouldn't be shocked if BBmolla/Knox were scum

Have a good day, guys~
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #29) » Thu May 10, 2012 8:54 am

Post by projectmatt »

although i have to wonder if a mastin/nacho/pine wagon is really an all town wagon, granted i can see everybody there self destructing,i don't really feel like putting effort in to try to prove i'm town when i've been playing exactly like i would any single game and it leads to my downfall. I can understand Oversoul having a strong FOS on me because his logic actually made sense, (granted, i responded to it) but the rest of this game won't even give a single shred of logic which is the most irritating thing
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (isolation #30) » Thu May 10, 2012 9:13 am

Post by projectmatt »

Logic:

This logical deduction is based on the premise of hope that everyone else aside from these three (or two, from my point of view) members are town which is reaching extremely far and taking an optimistic view that requires blind trust.

Logic:

We have at least one mislynch available at our disposal, so this means that if we lynch a mafia we are granted another one, correct? Instead of random lynching between a group of designated players you could attempt to lynch the one you feel like is most likely scum. Unfortunately, this does not appear to be the case unless I am missing something.

Logic:

Hang the people who are mafia, not the town! Also, blind trust is bad
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #31) » Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

Okay, so first I ignore the votes that are on me and focus on my own scumhunting, but I eventually end up getting everyone voting for me.

After I attempt to logically show you why I'm town, you insist that me "trying to not get lynched" is somehow a scumtelll which is simply idiotic and stupid. Of course I want to STAY ALIVE and you know very well why the other people could be scum and I've already stated what I'm thinking several times, you are presenting me with poorly formed logic and now you're literally turning back and saying "Haha, well Matt is trying to stay alive, so he's scum!"
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (isolation #32) » Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

saying i don't care who gets lynched is also laughable considering i've been trying very hard to get the lynches that i want this game
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (isolation #33) » Sun May 13, 2012 6:11 am

Post by projectmatt »

it's a fun game where nobody posts for three and a half days and everyone ignores logic and splits votes
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (isolation #34) » Sun May 13, 2012 6:12 am

Post by projectmatt »

i have a hilarious feeling the scum is just casually waiting for the deadline to end so i'll be switched to in order to prevent a NL
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (isolation #35) » Sun May 13, 2012 6:39 am

Post by projectmatt »

literally pathetic
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (isolation #36) » Sun May 13, 2012 6:39 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 763, Pine wrote:What the fuck, people

You're not one to speak, you could have switched
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (isolation #37) » Wed May 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by projectmatt »

okay this is pathetic
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (isolation #38) » Wed May 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Like, are you serious? I don't even want to try to defend myself because there's
nothing to defend against
when I've been able to retort all of the logic I've seen against me. But apparently it's not OK if I try to get myself off of the lynch list?

Haha, yeah, that's hilarious

I'm swamped at the moment by play rehearsals but I'll try to gather up who I think is scum,
just for you
, not that you're going to listen
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (isolation #39) » Wed May 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by projectmatt »

But hey Pine! Stall the day and openly be there when there's going to be a forced NL and complain that nobody switches. It's even funnier because you're town.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (isolation #40) » Wed May 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 760, projectmatt wrote:it's a fun game where nobody posts for three and a half days and everyone ignores logic and splits votes

And I'm going now, I need to cool off. I'll try to provide you with legitimate content tomorrow.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (isolation #41) » Sun May 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by projectmatt »

I plan on voting BBmolla, just not yet, I'll gather my thoughts and post tomorrow now that my busy phase ended
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (isolation #42) » Tue May 22, 2012 4:52 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 777, Pine wrote:Cool story, bro.

lol @ you being unable to admit that you played in a way that makes no sense whatsoever and your response to a blatant logical contradiction is "Cool story, bro." Really, man?

In post 779, mastin2 wrote:Aw, heck.
Unvote, Vote: BBMolla
. Pine, matt, come join me here. It'll at least get 3/4 needed for a lynch so that we don't no-lynch. Again. (Again-again.)

Yeah, seems like the most viable action for the moment. I'll admit I'm a little paranoid that you're trying to set it up so that I can get lynched tomorrow but BBmolla hasn't towntold at all and if that's the case there's no one i can really defend myself against considering nobody is even talking

I said I was going to go re-read and give you who I was scum before I died but I'll admit I got lazy since I figured I wasn't dying today, but I did look over certain things and yeah, I do think that Pine is town in spite of his terrible arrogance
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (isolation #43) » Tue May 22, 2012 7:34 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 791, Pine wrote:
In post 790, projectmatt wrote:
In post 777, Pine wrote:Cool story, bro.

lol @ you being unable to admit that you played in a way that makes no sense whatsoever and your response to a blatant logical contradiction is "Cool story, bro." Really, man?

That's not even a little bit what actually happened. My actions made sense, there was no contradiction, an you completely failed to demostrate either.

Hence, it was merely a cool story, one that lacked any substance. Flail and bus more

Okay, how did your actions make sense? You kept a vote on me, when I retorted any single argument against me to try to understand why there's ANY logical basis you kept your vote on and you saw the votes being split between two players and right after the deadline you yelled at the other players for not switching the split votes. Isn't that funny!

But you know, I can tell you're afraid to retract your scum read on me (even though it doesn't make sense) because you don't want to be wrong. That's okay, you'll find out soon enough :)

In post 792, mastin2 wrote:So Pine. Matt. Why not put your money where your mouth is?

In fact, please do. I think that a quicklynch today could actually accomplish something if it's on scum. Which (with BBMolla's continued lurking) it looks like it is. In fact, I think with a quicklynch on BBMolla and him flipping scum, we've got a guaranteed town win. I'll explain tomorrow if I live.

Actually yeah, why not

Vote: BBmolla
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:16 am

Post by projectmatt »

Good game.

Well played, Twisted. Out of curiosity, why was I nightkilled?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”