NY 167: COMPLETELY NORMAL Mafia (GAME OVER)

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #830 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

Hi. I'm gonna stop being Jekyll now. It's not working and it's not worth the effort. /egopost
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 839, MC Maraca wrote:I've stalked everyone all the time always
ftfy
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh boy, I finally got one townread I am reasonably confident in! I was actually thinking about drawing up a reads list before post 842 happened with likeabauss on top of it, mostly due to my overall lack of conviction this game, but damn that moonlogic (there's a better word for this I know) is so town. And this is not the same as towndrugs, because his reasons are not ludicrous. town, town, town, town, town.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

(by "with likeabauss on top of it" I mean as my towniest read)

(I might still do this but I'm pretty sure everyone but likeabauss would be in one 'leaning' section or the other at this point)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

I suppose it's as good a game as any for me to try to move away from reads lists. As I've said in other places, I find them to be juvenile, even though they're useful.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I made a reads list in a private QT. So I get all the benefit of organizing my thoughts, but I don't get to share them all either! Sadface.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'll share the parts of my leaning-scum section that I don't have a reason to withhold. I assure you, what remains is not awe-inspiring.

LEANING SCUM
Guyett- a little scummy, but didn't deserve all those votes
[REDACTED]
caledfwitch- lurker extraordinaire
JacobSavage- [NOTE REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 864, MVP wrote:
In post 858, MC Maraca wrote:So let's go with your logic:

1-Replacing out day one is a scumtell.
2-Rank enjoys day ones.
3-Rank replaced out day one.
4-Rank's slot is scum.

So since the actual data totally disproves (1) why should 2-4 still be valid? Do you have some evidence of this you can cite?
Cabd go sit down at the corner and have yourself a timeout.
Because this post reeks.

#1 is not the first logical step of LTB calling rank's replace out and you know it.

-L. J.
This.
In post 865, likeabauss wrote:
In post 857, MC Maraca wrote:Do I fucking look like mara to you?
Is Mara not a head in that Hydra? Cabd and Mara? Correct me if I'm wrong. My apologies if I am.

You reframed the logic instead of answering my questions. If I'm the most knowledgeable guy in the room about Rank, why was your first reaction to discredit? If you were town, why wouldn't you push on Orcinus instead of discredit my argument? Do you have such a strong town read on that slot that you instantly thought "No way, Bauss is scum and/or retarded." I mean, its D1 and us townies need to find scum. All you did in this instance is discredit a potentially valuable read (or piece of info about player/slot) instead of exploring it.
Okay, I've been liking your attitude for town, but "if you were town you would agree with me" is a bit too far.
In post 868, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 797, Doctor Jekyll wrote:Mr. Bauss, you haven't really given an initial reason for scumreading AFB IIRC. You just started from that assumption and are now painting them as scum. Orci was never in trouble here though, so I find your last statement to be an exaggeration.

Considering that my experiment seems to have failed, I'm considering dropping the act and changing accounts.
Remember why I started bussing you in NY165, because you were doing this as scum to EddieFenix?

Does this read the same way as your push onto Eddie, because it is for me.
Hm. A little bit.
In post 868, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 844, Cephrir wrote:Oh boy, I finally got one townread I am reasonably confident in! I was actually thinking about drawing up a reads list before post 842 happened with likeabauss on top of it, mostly due to my overall lack of conviction this game, but damn that moonlogic (there's a better word for this I know) is so town. And this is not the same as towndrugs, because his reasons are not ludicrous. town, town, town, town, town.
I want to talk about this :/

Still like Guyett for scum. Also don’t like RC trying to lurk out the pressure. JS is my third scumspect right now, but that’s a fair bit weaker. Want to flesh out with Ceph why he’s townreading Bauss because I’m seeing parallels between what he’s doing here and what Ceph did in NY165.
I liked that he had a convoluted argument that, while less than stellar, had an internal logic to it. He has an over-the-top assurance that reminds me of Scumrir (only moreso), and when most players sound like Scumrir I find they're usually town. I really like abrasiveness, and he's preaching a level of certainty here that I don't see coming from scum (with possible exceptions for really prolific players, but I've never heard of him). And I'm also a fan of crazy-ass logic when it isn't completely stupid (like, he is saying things about words you actually wrote and I can imagine someone thinking as he does).

In post 877, likeabauss wrote:
Here they come, fresh from a scum conference in their QT! Lol. Predictable.

The worst part of this is I know its near impossible to rally the votes needed to lynch either of them.

FratBros, you ignored or didn't respond to several other things I pointed out about your shitty transparent scum game. Momentum push onto Guyett? Setting up to lynch less active players? You're still not getting the psychobabble stuff, which I'm used to. You're scum. Let's do this... I can't lynch you today. You've got like 1 vote and its me. Your overactive defense can take a rest. You're safe. Focus your energy someplace else so I can sort the rest of the player base from your actions. Thanks.

Mara, you cut me deep! I asked for your vote on FratBoys awhile back. You never gave it. That was clue 1 that you're bad. We've cleaned house together previously, and when you asked me for my vote or some time in other games, I gave it. (Because I know you're a baller.) You know I'm good, and you know I know Rank, and still no love. No support. You're scum.

Orcinus, sorry man. Like I said, its a bs read and I feel bad for it. But you replaced into a scum slot.
Bold is a little too much, particularly given that one of them was clearly not here. Meh.
In post 879, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 752, Doctor Jekyll wrote:People I want to failmeta (because I suck at meta):
Sakura
orci if he keeps playing like this
Wait hang on it didn't click that you were cephrir when I first read this post

You have meta with me...
I do, and up to this point you didn't sound like townyou, but I didn't know what scumyou looks like.
In post 903, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 901, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm still townlean on AFB but it's weakened, i'd jump on orc tho, just to see where that goes.
VOTE: sakura

this slot is shit.
This is more like it, though.
In post 908, yessiree wrote:VOTE: orc
You realize Sakura's vote is basically OMGUS right? So are you piling on bauss' reasoning, or what?
In post 920, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 916, likeabauss wrote:Also, my history with Rank goes outside of and beyond mafia on this board. So just doing a meta dive here doesn't yield an awful lot in the grand scheme of things. I don't get that people here will generally accept Mara or Nachos read on TIP without question, but I throw down on Rank and its a great big production.
holy shit this annoys me

why the fuck are you not linking to a game

lol@sakura

we're lynching this today
LEANING SCUM
Guyett- a little scummy, but didn't deserve all those votes
[redacted, feeling a little better about this though]
caledfwitch- lurker extraordinaire
JacobSavage- [note redacted]
orcinus_theoriginal- should be hilariously obvtown; isn't.

You're not out of the woods yet, but this is what I've been waiting to see. You were my top suspect for not doing it, though I didn't want this to be public until it happened.
In post 923, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 920, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:why the fuck are you not linking to a game
wait let me answer myself

BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE ONE

i produced a game ONSITE where rank was scum and he most CERTAINLY DID NOT LURK D1

the only thing you've put up this game in terms of concreteness is that rank had a good d1 as town

well gee fucking gee

i used the word "postulate" in some other game and I was town

I haven't yet--that means I'm scum, right
Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 921, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:and what would that tell you
We won't find that out now since you screwed it up, tho unlike Toomai, the way you did it was pretty scummy, you just kept standing around there and found the first chance to jump on a townie, the momment i mention an intent to vote you "BAM!" you vote me :>
HAha

HAhahahaHAHAaha

no

the moment you do something ass-scummy like that BAM I vote your ass off this game

buhbye
Again, I say unto ye: I feel way better about this slot than I did before.
In post 930, Sakura Hana wrote:Ehh I missed it:
In post 873, MVP wrote:Either your reasoning is missing at the "*" that I marked in the quote, or you're scumreading us because you don't know our identity.
Which one is it, Sakura?
Actually the reason I'm scum-reading you isn't because i didnt know your identity, im just treating you as a single entity. And as a single entity i got a scum lean on you, because even tho I do actually know one of your heads, i'll just take you as a single entity and a player i've never played with since you decide to go with an anonymous hydra, so that's the treatment you'll get.

Well I guess partly of not knowing all members of your hydra is part of it, considering that's what is causing me to read you as a single entity called Player MVP that i've never played with before.
Not one thing you say in this post is a reason for suspecting someone except "I have a scum lean on you"...???
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 936, sangres wrote:
In post 844, Cephrir wrote:Oh boy, I finally got one townread I am reasonably confident in! I was actually thinking about drawing up a reads list before post 842 happened with likeabauss on top of it, mostly due to my overall lack of conviction this game, but damn that moonlogic (there's a better word for this I know) is so town. And this is not the same as towndrugs, because his reasons are not ludicrous. town, town, town, town, town.
It took you this long?
Yes :(

Well, I have one other that's reasonably close to this strong, but I wasn't really cognizant of this until I made a list.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 946, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 944, Cephrir wrote:
In post 864, MVP wrote:
In post 858, MC Maraca wrote:So let's go with your logic:

1-Replacing out day one is a scumtell.
2-Rank enjoys day ones.
3-Rank replaced out day one.
4-Rank's slot is scum.

So since the actual data totally disproves (1) why should 2-4 still be valid? Do you have some evidence of this you can cite?
Cabd go sit down at the corner and have yourself a timeout.
Because this post reeks.

#1 is not the first logical step of LTB calling rank's replace out and you know it.

-L. J.
This.
No, not this.
Specifically the part about that not being the first step in his logic, not the part about mcm being scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

True, he does, but there's a missing premise, or at least one that I'm reading into bauss' posts but he might not have actually said, which is that Rank replacing out D1 *from a game that has likeabauss in it* is a scumtell.

You are right that he never actually said that, now that I look at it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1059, likeabauss wrote:Okay, a couple things. Orcinus, I'm basically ignoring you because I'm not going to beat a dead horse. You keep asking for an example like it'll prove my read in either direction.

Let's say I link you a game where Rank replaced out D1 as scum. Will you openly admit that you are scum? Think that through... Okay, so should I give a shit what you ask for? Seriously. I know you're scum. I don't negotiate with terrorists. Let's not spam the thread with anymore of this.

Let's say I tell you that in my history with Rank, he's never once EVER replaced out on D1 as scum. Ever. You'll just say "SEE CAN"T PROVE IT. I'M AL CAPONE BITCH. YOU KNOW I'M SCUM BUT CAN'T PROVE IT. GET BENT"

The end result is the same. You can't admit I'm right, regardless of what I say/do. Let's move on.

Sakura -
Orcinus is doing the Al Capone thing. He's pushing momentum moves.
He's avoided taking a stance on FratBros and MC Maraca
. He jumped onto the Guyett thing. Actually, his only pushes that stick out to me have been on Guyett and Sakura. He's not really scum hunting, he's just screaming/trying not to get hung and
discredit me/you/anybody that is open to exploring avenues of thought
. I see lots of misrepping, saw some
buddying
. Specific to his exchange with you, misreps and
flailing
. He's desperate to secure a lynch target. His constant posting is Anti-Town in that it's keeping the less active players from being able to keep up with the game content and contribute meaningfully. It's obfuscation (like right after I posted my case on FratBros, back him comes with multiple posts.) Also note, no comment on my FratBros case from him. I think I remember him saying he thinks I'm town, but he's actively discrediting me. lol.

This:
In post 998, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:would you be against providing a readslist
Look at how cautiously he asks for a readslist. I've said several times this game "Townies, please keep your town read to yourselves. Mafia will use them against you."

lol. Quick sidebar... Sakura... who was it that asked you for your reads list earlier?
In post 837, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 836, Sakura Hana wrote:Thanks
Since you're here, updated reads from the past few pages?
See a pattern? Okay, back to Orcinus:

When he came into the game and I said "Hi scum." he said "Sup." There's some other psychobabble I see that I won't bore everybody with, but it sort of segues into this:

There's a sociology going on with this scum team... they are all (or a majority are) experienced players (I called them cool kids earlier.) I hinted at this a couple times earlier. The team got picked, QT opened up, and I bet somebody said something or most of the people thought to themselves "Shit, our team is stacked with power players. We're going to win this shit." I'm inferring this because they're doing things that I consider rash and/or brazen for D1 in mafia.
Openly defending each other, even when there is no REAL heat. Openly steering conversation. They're empowered by their collective skills as mafia and think they can just strong arm the flow of the game. My 3 targets aren't even considering getting on a bus of one of the others (FratBoys, Orc, MC Maraca.) Either of them could've tossed a vote and some heat on after I started... THEY AREN"T EVEN CLOSE TO GETTING HUNG. Instead, they defended. It's classic groupthink.

I hope that answers your question Sakura. I'm actively avoiding spending analysis time/posting/etc on Orcinus because he's already sorted in my mind.
Although I bet one of your suspects is probably right, this post is full of confirmation bias and things that are not really happening. I have underlined a number of examples of this.

Also, I almost want you to produce the italicized now because it's beginning to sound like this is baseless. And your failure to agree with my assumption tells me it was not a good assumption.

I still think you're town but you really need to ease off on the death tunnel.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

Also, you think way too strongly that everything everyone does is a reaction to do, such as that orcinus "cautionusly asking for a reads list" is a direct response to your assertion that we should be careful with them this game. Even if he's scum he probably isn't that worried about one line that one person said. You are not the end all be all god of scumhunting.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1061, Guyett wrote:Sak you should get on the frat bros wagon.
When he flips scum I want Sangres strung up
+1 town point
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

Hermy could be town.

Ambivalent about Toomai. PV needs to fucking post. RC needs to fucking play mafia, I would consider policy running him up to make him start playing.

I think caled and JS could be scum, I like ffery's case and caled's excuses are stupid.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Wow what a stellar display of towniness, I am overawed by the catchup post.

Oh wait no, I'm not.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1093, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 944, Cephrir wrote:I liked that he had a convoluted argument that, while less than stellar, had an internal logic to it. He has an over-the-top assurance that reminds me of Scumrir (only moreso), and when most players sound like Scumrir I find they're usually town. I really like abrasiveness, and he's preaching a level of certainty here that I don't see coming from scum (with possible exceptions for really prolific players, but I've never heard of him). And I'm also a fan of crazy-ass logic when it isn't completely stupid (like, he is saying things about words you actually wrote and I can imagine someone thinking as he does).
Pertaining to your first point: the reason I’m scumreading him right now is that his play reminds me of how you dealt with BulbaFenix on D2 in NY165. He’s twisting every word I say to try to build a case about me being scum: when I said that I was townreading all the active players except RC, he twisted it into me saying that activity is a towntell. When I defended Orc against the same shitty logic he used against me about replacements, he came in and said it was me defending a scumbuddy, instead of, I don’t know, a townie defending someone from the same shit logic he used against that townie.
For some reason I got confused when you said EddieFenix instead of BulbaFenix. Yeah, okay, this makes sense. In my defense I honestly thought Bulba was the SK >.>

Even though there is logic to it I'm still not going to lynch likeabauss anytime soon, though.
In post 964, yessiree wrote:the wake slot is scum

i dunno why you're scum though, ask my brain maybe
There’s no way this is town
. Building a shit case based on strawmans and shitty numbers that one fails to substantiate is one thing, but agreeing with that case is worse.
I don't agree! D:

Also, I changed my mind, read list incoming.

FTFY.
Last edited by goodmorning on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Cephrir »

TOWN

yessiree
- massive and unnecessary abrasiveness reminds me of Scumrir, which in anyone else is a towntell

LEANING TOWN
orcinus_theoriginal
- meta! (as explained already, this was redacted #2)
MVP
- really posty, contributing without really bothering me (since page 5 anyway)
likeabauss
- y'all have argued him down from the top for me. I was seeing the hypercertainty as townie initially, but now I'm thinking it almost lacks that modicum of townie paranoia that comes from not actually knowing everyone's alignment. I suppose the moonlogic isn't as telling as I felt originally given that it does kinda suck. Also, this is just occurring to me, but you accused someone of trying to drive discussion, yeah? Then what have you been doing?
Hermy
- beautiful, fragile flower
AFB
- their play is really town, but I can't trust them completely because I know how good they are as scum. Also, I disliked their trajectory on me.

NULL

Sakura Hana
- hated her at first, genuine pages 30-35, not sure what to make of recent stuff.
Toomai
- Both my town phones and my scum phones are firmly on their hooks and not ringing.
sangres
- not obvtown yet, and tbh still won't be even if they're right about JacobSavage
PeregrineV
- you're in this game?
Guyett
- I don't actually feel like he's been lurking recently, I've been seeing posts from him and liking them

LEANING SCUM

RadiantCowbells
- duh
MC Maraca
- They just aren't inspiring me with confidence! I don't know what I expect out of townCabd put he's being too self-deprecating for my taste. It doesn't seem like him. At the same time, I've been rethinking this, because I don't know if I can picture Mara doing EXACTLY what she did in VS with the hydra diss on me (this was redacted #1)
caledfwitch
- duh
JacobSavage
- duh

SIR NOT APPEARING IN THIS LIST

TIP
- Dunno!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1104, likeabauss wrote:JacobSavage, AngryFratBoys is conveniently on your wagon (which has run up with absolutely no coherent case of any merit) just like he was on the Guyett wagon (similarly run up with absolutely no coherent case of any merit.) Doesn't that make you wonder? You are clearly not the best lynch right now for a town player, IMO. Why wouldn't he want to lynch between me and Orcinus to clear the air? Why is he just following the easy wagons? There is no town aligned logic that explains this behavior, because he is scum.
This just in, anyone who doesn't want to lynch between likeabauss and orcinus is scum

Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1111 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

Because that's kinda what it looked like and you had to remove an image and three words and a quote that clearly demonstrated I was being sarcastic >.<
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1123, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 1106, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1104, likeabauss wrote:JacobSavage, AngryFratBoys is conveniently on your wagon (which has run up with absolutely no coherent case of any merit) just like he was on the Guyett wagon (similarly run up with absolutely no coherent case of any merit.) Doesn't that make you wonder? You are clearly not the best lynch right now for a town player, IMO. Why wouldn't he want to lynch between me and Orcinus to clear the air? Why is he just following the easy wagons? There is no town aligned logic that explains this behavior, because he is scum.
This just in, anyone who doesn't want to lynch between likeabauss and orcinus is scum

Ceph, you're scaring me with how cogent you're being :/
I'm not sure whether to be complimented, sad, or feel-like-you're-setting-up-to-mislynch-me-later.

Time will tell!

P-edit: I dunno, I feel like no one could do that on purpose and expect no one to notice
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yeah, I just think it's a legitimate dumbtell.

I might be willing to lynch Sakura someday, but today is not that day.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1142, sangres wrote:Sup.

Vote: orcinus the_original
Dear Nacho,

Why?

Sincerely,
Ceph
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

oh wait

hrm

this is troubling
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1149, sangres wrote:Dear Cephrir,
In post 597, likeabauss wrote:I never left. The guy you replaced, Rank, is my brother from another mother. We've been playing mafia together for like 10 years. Him replacing out means he was scum. Means you are scum. You should tread carefully, because between you and FratBoys, I've got two mafia and its still early on D1
Look. I'm not lynching orcinus on this shaky a basis. I thought there might be something to that but it's not sufficient. If TIP wants to stop pussyfooting around and come out and claim daycop, he can come out and fucking claim daycop. It's not like there was anything subtle going on there and I refuse to believe anyone can have possibly not noticed it.

In conclusion, no.

Love,
Ceph
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

It could just be a Hermy tell, but I find the vulnerability pretty genuine.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by Cephrir »

If you could all kindly calm the fuck down

That'd be great
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1201, goodmorning wrote:
Spoiler:

Votecount 1.37

orcinus_theoriginal [L-5] - Sakura Hana, sangres, TheIrishPope, RadiantCowbells

Angry Frat BROs [L-5] - likeabauss, Toomai, Guyett, Hermy

JacobSavage [L-7] - MC Maraca, Cephrir

Guyett [L-8] - PeregrineV

Sakura Hana [L-8] - orcinus_theoriginal

MC Maraca [L-8] - yessiree

yessiree [L-8] - Angry Frat BROs

Not Voting [3] - JacobSavage, caledfwitch, MVP

With 17 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2013-11-20 09:39:00)
I am not pleased by these wagons

Not one bit
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1194, Hermy wrote:Y'know what likeabauss? Fine. You'll get what you want. If Orci flips scum then... well done. If he flips town then you get lynched. Alright?

VOTE: Orci
I'm breaking a personal rule by using this emoticon.

:neutral:
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1211 (isolation #29) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Do I need to get proactive here? I am starting to think I need to get proactive here. This day is going to hell in a handbasket.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (isolation #30) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1190, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Angry Frat Br0s

I think Orcinus is town and I follow his reasoning.

This guy is way too defensive in his own right, so my vote goes here.
You do not get to just start posting. You are going to explain what in the sweet, everloving fuck you have been doing for three quarters of this game.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1222 (isolation #31) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1220, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Y'know what likeabauss? Fine. You'll get what you want. If Orci flips scum then... well done. If he flips town then you get lynched. Alright?

VOTE: Orci
This makes me physically ill.
In post 1212, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1190, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: Angry Frat Br0s

I think Orcinus is town and I follow his reasoning.

This guy is way too defensive in his own right, so my vote goes here.
You do not get to just start posting. You are going to explain what in the sweet, everloving fuck you have been doing for three quarters of this game.
HEY RC

HEY

LISTEN

TALK WORDS NOW

THANKS
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1224 (isolation #32) » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I may have to entirely lift my ban on the neutral face for this game
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

Summary of JacobSavage's iso:

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (isolation #34) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

Honestly though I'd be willing to vote Guyett at this point just as a counter to these terribad wagons
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (isolation #35) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

His read list seems to indicate this.

Not sure why he's not voting it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1255, sangres wrote:
In post 1254, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1252, sangres wrote:
In post 1251, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1189, sangres wrote:Hey Cabd, you know what's making me a little nervout?
That I haven't been around? Sorry to disappoint you, my love, but lynx came over and she's a tad more real than mafiascum.net is.

p-edit: you impatient lout, if you want answers here I am.
That's not it. That's not even close.

Let's deal with them one by one. y u no reaction test?
You try making a day's work of reaction testing in this noise. Not to mention, it's day one in a normal game. I can't go claiming something amazing when we're restricted to normal roles. Fakehammers require a L-1 wagon that I'm on it near the start. Most other gambits don't work util several days in. I'm sure I'll manage something for you soon enough, so you'll just have to wait and see (and probably play along when you see it).
I don't like this. Mentioning specific tests/gambits up front like this looks like it would take them out of your toolkit.
Took the words out of my mouth. More coherent response to the above posts in a bit.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1265 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1193, Toomai wrote:V/LA done.

I'll vote for whichever of o_to or AFB is necessary to lynch, since I believe fairly solidy at this point that likeabauss is town. If either target happens to be town we can just lynch him Day 2 since I see no way there's a bus here.
...Lol. You lining up lynches?
Quite possibly. This guy's been plummeting (Chrome says that has one T apparently? o.o) down my scumlist since the initial one I made privately on page 34.
In post 1211, Cephrir wrote:Do I need to get proactive here? I am starting to think I need to get proactive here. This day is going to hell in a handbasket.
You do. I'll make you a map:
Start----->Realize your scumread on maracabd is wrong------->lynch Jacob-scum----->party
It's only a tentative scumread, but I'm gonna skip step 2, for now at least.
In post 1238, Cephrir wrote:Summary of JacobSavage's iso:

General PSA only tangentially related to discussions that are currently occurring: Genuine emotion is not necessarily a free town pass even if you're right. Said the guy who just used this logic to argue Hermy is town, but still.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1266 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1258, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1255, sangres wrote:I don't like this. Mentioning specific tests/gambits up front like this looks like it would take them out of your toolkit.
I don't usually use the same gambit twice. Especially in a field of players that are familiar with me and my play. Even more so when the ones I'd be testing are those players. You'll have to wait and see.
Except for when you fakehammer multiple times in one game? Then again, you were scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1261, JacobSavage wrote:For someone who prides themselves on meta you are seriously off.

Also since when was I lurking in NY165 I thought I was posting more frequently that usual...
Please elaborate on this apparently lovely meta you have. You are allowed to self-meta because I am demanding it.

In post 1256, likeabauss wrote:Sorry to hear that Yessiree.

TIP and Sangres, will you support a FratBros lynch with me? Take into consideration the strength of my read on Rank's slot and that I'm still pushing a FratBros lynch.
:facepalm:

Have you considered doing something other than mindlessly rounding up votes?
In post 1264, RadiantCowbells wrote:No way, Orcinus is not happening.
You do realize Cabd just asked you a question, which was an extension of my previous question, which you didn't really answer?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1269, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1266, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1255, sangres wrote:I don't like this. Mentioning specific tests/gambits up front like this looks like it would take them out of your toolkit.
I don't usually use the same gambit twice. Especially in a field of players that are familiar with me and my play. Even more so when the ones I'd be testing are those players. You'll have to wait and see.
Except for when you fakehammer multiple times in one game? Then again, you were scum.
Thirdkoopa and...??? I only recall fakehammering once. Am I forgetting one? I remember the fakehammer+"oh hey shadi bulba is vengeful and shot you" as my major gambits of that game, the "roleblocker who lets cop and vig use their roles" thing aside.
Maybe I misremembered. There were certainly several fakehammers, and I just attributed them all to you, I guess.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1269, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1266, Cephrir wrote:
Thirdkoopa and...??? I only recall fakehammering once. Am I forgetting one? I remember the fakehammer+"oh hey shadi bulba is vengeful and shot you" as my major gambits of that game, the "roleblocker who lets cop and vig use their roles" thing aside.
Maybe I misremembered. There were certainly several fakehammers, and I just attributed them all to you, I guess.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Cephrir »

What more can orcinus do if bauss won't produce the evidence? Flip the fuck out? He started to a little but we should hardly DEMAND that people ATE when shitty unsubstantiated cases are thrown at them.

You pretty much ignored the threeish posts of ATE, too, I'd expect at least a comment there if you didn't like them.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

So, therefore, you expect the target in question to be town...?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (isolation #44) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

I can't help feeling both these wagons are scum driven. Particularly AFB, if I were scum and they weren't I'd be scared to death of them. Why don't the wagon voters have anything to say about whoeveritwas' meta regarding Bro? If you don't agree, tell me why.

Probably moving my vote soon but only because it's not doing any good right now.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

Maybe I'll leave it, I guess we have three now. I may present a case and then not vote it?

By the way, caled hasn't posted in this game in 5.5 days...
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1322 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Must...resist...urge to answer things that aren't directed at me...
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1325 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1324, TheIrishPope wrote:When someone references psychological stuff... they're probably scum.
So yeah orcinus vote is best vote.
In post 1319, likeabauss wrote:
In post 1158, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
Spoiler:
2) Guilty Conscience (psychobabble) Talked about it previously.

AKA BULLSHIT THAT YOU'RE SPEWING TO MAKE ME LOOK WORSE
This isn't really an appropriate response. You can't just say "BS" to refute an argument. Here's a primer on how word choices provide insights into the brain:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/let ... they-speak
There are much more in depth applications. It can be very effective, until the subject (you in this case) is aware that reading of that nature is going on. (This is a big part of why I keep my cases to myself, and don't always explain my reads in great detail. These are some cool tools that I use frequently in mafia, but the more I talk about them the less effective they become with people who are aware.)
...???
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1339, likeabauss wrote:1) if you're town (which we know you aren't) you'd be suspicious of two meat heads randomly defending you. Seems like good/reasonable play to me.
As a townie who is only not arguing with your cases because people usually yell at him when he answers questions not directed at him, this logic is stupid.

I may just start answering things that aren't directed at me though because I'm rapidly getting sick of feeling like I'm sitting here helpless to stop these stupid wagons.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (isolation #49) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1341, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:rank's meta doesn't support your claim which is why you've refused to provide it despite it being the obviously townie thing to do

so that's why you're slinging mud on me and asking me to be lynched second because when i flip town you have no excuse anymore

i've fooled myself for long enough

VOTE: bauss
Seriously bauss,
why the fuck will you not provide examples of this meta you're touting if it exists?
There is no protown reason to withhold this.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (isolation #50) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Does he really strike you as the lazy type, given the effort he's put into his cases... and his willingness to link to other things...?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (isolation #51) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

orc you only have like 4 votes

come on now
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1356 (isolation #52) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Hi, I'm not voting either of said wagons and am in fact voting a lurker. You should help me!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (isolation #53) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I've also spent the last five pages doing nothing but complaining about said wagons.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (isolation #54) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: RC

I don't honestly believe this is scum, but it's both more likely to be scum than AFB or orcinus and a better lynch than either.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1369 (isolation #55) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1362, sangres wrote:I have never seen you like this in a game. :/
This is, however, kinda fair.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1372 (isolation #56) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I feel like there's a chance the town reaction to likeabauss should be more "fuck you" and less "this makes me sad".

But if orcinus is town I think I'll be able to tell once he stops being pressured, and he's an asset to town if he is town, whereas RC is deliberately useless and will probably need to eat a policy lynch or vig eventually anyway.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (isolation #57) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1374, RadiantCowbells wrote:I, like my avatar, suck early and scale well into late game.
Doesn't she actually do the opposite of that v.v
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1379 (isolation #58) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Couldn't you at least *try*? Focus on two or three players if you have to?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (isolation #59) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

Because I think they are town, and they're useful given the assumption that I am correct.

It's not entirely a policy lynch, RC is null for me compared to two players I'm townreading to various degrees. Least of three evils, if you will.
likeabauss wrote:I'm not going any farther on my Rank read. I don't give a crap how many times anybody asks. I said why several times. He's not even in this game anymore, and aside from that we have players who know Orcinus who are actually scum reading his play.
See, I saw what you said, and this is bullshit. You don't want to screw over your friend metawise, but here you are making a meta-based argument which if true would do precisely that. If Rank's slot did flip scum, this argument would become pretty valid and whether or not you cite these games would not be relevant to whether or not others could use this against him in the future, all they'd have to do would be to cite this game.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

If ya can't handle a little sarcasm and/or think unconfident players are scum you might as well lynch me now!

Glad to see you actually playing though, please don't leave us
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1411 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1409, Sakura Hana wrote:How can you possibly think both likeabauss and orc are both scum?
That's not really how scumreads work, Sakura.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1430 (isolation #62) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1429, sangres wrote:
In post 1428, JacobSavage wrote:@TIP if you could lynch two people today, who would they be?
That's a good question. How would you answer it?
Hell, if you could lynch
one
person today, who would it be?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1432 (isolation #63) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Alas, I do not.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1448 (isolation #64) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1435, likeabauss wrote: I just can't read anymore of the crap coming from him and FratBoys. Its not even mediocre scum play, it just makes me sad.
I am really tempted to vote you for this.
In post 1435, likeabauss wrote:Cephrir, did I miss a response from you? And why is your vote on somebody that you don't think is scum? Did I read that right?
Did you ask me a question?

You did. I was searching for a counterwagon, and one appeared on a null read, so I went for it. I'm leaning a little more town on him though and starting to accept that orc may not be town. He's not living up to what I expect of him. I did come in with a strong meta read right after he was doing what I expected, but then he stopped. I would like to suggest that orc simply claim now at L-2 rather than allowing for possible derphammers.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1449 (isolation #65) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1503 (isolation #66) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

As always, super leery of lynching cop claims without giving them a chance to investigate a couple times.

It's a bad policy but I really can't logic myself into believing this lynch is a good idea.

That said, still don't cc.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (isolation #67) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1504, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Hi ceph

a claimed cop is sitting at L-1 in a retarded town

i feel like you should be a bit more anxious about this
I am significantly more anxious than anyone else around here!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (isolation #68) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1522, likeabauss wrote:You've got to be kidding me. Orcinus is scum. Lynch him please. EVERYBODY WHO RESPONDS TO THIS BULLSHIT CLAIM INDICATES TO SCUM THEY ARE OR ARE NOT A/THE COP.

See example: Toomai, TIP, Sakura are likely NOT COPS (if town, which mafia knows, but we don't. You're tipping the balance of the info battle further into scum favor.)
This assertion relies on the argument that all townies are idiots. Yes, they unvoted the claimed cop, but they could easily have done so because he's probably not getting lynched today, with the understanding they would be able to CC eventually.

That said, we don't actually have any assurance there is a cop in the setup, it could easily be all tracker-watcher-etc. So this could very well be irrelevant.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1525 (isolation #69) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

Other than that you're town, not much.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1526 (isolation #70) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

I am too hesitant to lynch investigative claims though, I know this. sangres, convince me to ignore my better judgement?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (isolation #71) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1532, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1530, caledfwitch wrote:I don't really believe in orc's claim, but it seems like an easy wagon so I'm also hesitant to vote for him.
Let me fix that for you:
In post 1530, caledfwitch wrote:I want to cast doubt on this claim in case the lynch swings that way, but I'm worried I might get heat for actually attacking him. I'll just post here and test the waters to see how town swings.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: caled
This is actually a pretty good argument.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1541 (isolation #72) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

You realize those two quotes literally say opposite things from one another, right?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (isolation #73) » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

UNVOTE:

My vote is currently pointless. I don't know what to do with it right now though.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (isolation #74) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

That's what *you* think!

VOTE: caledfwitch
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1607 (isolation #75) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1594, Hermy wrote:Also, I love how the majority of the Caled wagon is comprised of scummy people...
The Caled wagon:
(someone makes perfectly decent case; VOTE)
(I agree; VOTE)
(I agree too; VOTE)
(I also agree, join the wagon; VOTE)

Not liking this at all.
My real problem here is that JacobSavage is the only player I sincerely want to lynch. So I'm hopping on wagons on my null reads to prevent the lynches of my townreads and/or the claimed cop.
In post 1585, yessiree wrote:town is pretty softcore and indecisive; lacks centralized voice, lacks a leading force
We have a centralized voice, it just sucks.
In post 1591, Guyett wrote:
In post 1587, likeabauss wrote:
In post 1586, Guyett wrote:Why do you not like the Caled wagon?
Because the guy that started it and a few people on it are scumreads for me.

Ok so which few of these (Sak, Yessiree and myself) are scumreads?
Like for real bauss, not everyone who disagrees with you can be scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (isolation #76) » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I do think bauss is town still, even though he appears to be smashing my townread on him with a hammer. He also is trying to be the central voice, but again, sucks.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1642 (isolation #77) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1636, sangres wrote:
In post 1633, likeabauss wrote:Nacho, that you? I'd like to nail down your read on MCMaraca.

Second, I wonder why you aren't pushing for an Orcinus lynch if you trust my Rank read. (If that's changed, please advise.)
I'm not pushing orcinus because the cop claim is making me firm up my own read on hm before pushing to lynch; not confident enough to kill an uncounted claimed cop claim at the moment.

Maraca is leaning town. I didn't like their early push on yessiree, but I think that their play after the fact has been decent. Particularly, mara posts are looking like town as opposed to scum, her sort of edging to the wagon while Cabd was vehemently against it was closer to maras way of disagreeing with a partners read.
Convince me this is significantly different from VS calling me obvtown one post/voting me the next for the entirety of Hard Boiled.
In post 1623, RadiantCowbells wrote:I never give more than that.

If I were to try to explain why I feel that way, no one would understand it.
Even if you have some sort of crazy logic no one will agree with, I'd like to hear it so I can read you.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1666 (isolation #78) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by Cephrir »

bauss wrote: If he was actually town, why not lie and claim vanilla?
You have got to be absolutely fucking kidding me
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (isolation #79) » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1665, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:JS, caled, RC.
In post 1667, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
In post 1663, yessiree wrote:you got any other scumreads besides bauss and me?
RC, caled, lesser degree JS.
Sorrys bauss but there is no possible way these are scumbuddies! I mean I already knew that, but, yes.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1677 (isolation #80) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1674, likeabauss wrote:BP = bulletproof? Did I use an incorrect acronym? 1shot BP is a town role?

Both FratBros and Orcinus have the exact same lynch list. No way they'd have the same targets? Too obvious to be scumbuddies, right? Hi5 on that brilliant line of thinking (fail.) How naive/scummy can you be? Have you played mafia before? I mean wtf with this.

Based on my reads, I've got a short list of people (about 4) that could be the real cop. I'm guessing the mafia will be able to generate the same or a smaller list. So copper, you might only get 1-2 investigates and you should take that into consideration as you go forward. You can confirm Orcinus scum with your CC and hopefully clear/guilty somebody tonight. But going too far beyond that, your chances of surviving long enough to reveal will dwindle.
zzzzzzzzzz

you got me i'm retarded, good work
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1700 (isolation #81) » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by Cephrir »

yessiree jumped off too...

what the actual fuck was that chain of naked votes
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (isolation #82) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

I read some pages with words on them but my opinion didn't change.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1824 (isolation #83) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1788, likeabauss wrote:If you don't trust my Rank read, just look at his behavior. Reread his ISO, look at the deviations in play as things progressed. Look at post claim play, certainly not that of town.
This is not an argument. Though I would like to interject here that I actually think orc is more likely scum than caled at this point but I'm still not lynching him.
In post 1791, likeabauss wrote:
In post 688, goodmorning wrote:Votecount 1.25

Guyett [L-3] - PeregrineV, Sakura Hana,
orcinus_theoriginal
, TheIrishPope, Toomai,
Angry Frat BROs
In post 895, goodmorning wrote:JacobSavage [L-4] - sangres,
MC Maraca
orcinus_theoriginal
, Cephrir, Hermy
In post 1100, goodmorning wrote:JacobSavage [L-4] - sangres,
MC Maraca
, Cephrir, Hermy,
Angry Frat BROs
In post 1401, goodmorning wrote:RadiantCowbells [L-4] -
MC Maraca
, TheIrishPope, RadiantCowbells, Cephrir,
orcinus_theoriginal
In post 1775, goodmorning wrote:caledfwitch [L-3] -
MC Maraca
, Guyett, Cephrir, sangres,
orcinus_theoriginal
Angry Frat BROs
4 potentially viable wagons for today, outside of FratBros and Orcinus for today. Look at who is on most of them. This isn't rocket science. Orcinus has been on ALL of them. FratBros and McMaraca on 3 each.
sangres is also on 3 of them, and I'm on 4, so what's your point?
In post 1792, likeabauss wrote:
In post 1354, goodmorning wrote:Angry Frat BROs [L-4] - likeabauss, Toomai, Hermy, RadiantCowbells, PeregrineV
In post 1485, goodmorning wrote:orcinus_theoriginal [L-1] - Sakura Hana, sangres, Guyett, PeregrineV, Toomai, likeabauss, yessiree, TheIrishPope
In post 1775, goodmorning wrote:orcinus_theoriginal [L-2] - PeregrineV, likeabauss, Hermy, RadiantCowbells, MVP, yessiree, Sakura Hana

Wagons for FratBros and Orcinus above. NOTICE who isn't on ANY OF THOSE WAGONS?
Angry Frat BROs

orcinus_theoriginal

MC Maraca

Doesn't that strike anybody else as odd? Out of place? They've basically been ALL about lynching anybody else, except for FratBros and Orcinus.
Well I daresay it's not likely we'd find AFB or Orcinus voting for themselves, so I'd venture to guess it's not at all odd that they were not on one wagon each. I am also not on either of these wagons. It is therefore rather easy for me to imagine town doing the same thing.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1825 (isolation #84) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

You know who else wasn't on the orc and AFB wagons you quoted? caledfwitch.

DERP
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (isolation #85) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not gonna lie, I almost want to lynch bauss for the blatant narrative manipulation at this point. It's just reaching astronomically absurd levels.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (isolation #86) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

Even though I'm coming around to orc possibly being scum I have not been successfully convinced that lynching a possible cop D1 is intelligent It could be a gamethrow too easily.

It astonishes me that you can't see any reason your arguments might be unconvincing =/
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1840 (isolation #87) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1839, PeregrineV wrote:Let's follow the witch.

Vote: Guyett

@Orc-
Your lack of strong obv-towning as you approach impending death to make up for crappy play does not really fall in line with the cop role and town wincon.

Why is that?
It also doesn't fall in line with him being orc.
In post 1837, sangres wrote:
In post 1826, Cephrir wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I almost want to lynch bauss for the
blatant narrative manipulation
at this point. It's just reaching astronomically absurd levels.
He does this as town. When we last played, it wasn't the only thing about his play that worried me, but it did factor in to my incorrect scum-read.

Where I called him on narrative spinning
K. That's really annoying, but K.
In post 1831, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1820, Angry Frat BROs wrote:She's not fence-sitting in favor of anything. She's massively cogdissing it up.

If it were newbtown being paranoid, I'd expect a full back-off to see how better players deal with it/to be safe. I'm a fairly experienced player, and I still don't like lynching un-CC'd PRs, even neg-utility ones.
Considering MVPs strong townread and defense of scum-caledwitch, which of the following is true, IYO:

1) Scum-Caled has totally fooled town-MVP (and me) into thinking they are town.
2) Scum-Caled is being protected by scum-MVP.
3) Town-Caled is being correctly read by town-MVP.
4) Town-Caled is being (buddied, whiteknighted) by scum-MVP.
Surely you are aware this scenario applies to any time two players disagree on a read.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (isolation #88) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1839, PeregrineV wrote:Let's follow the witch.

Vote: Guyett

@Orc-
Your lack of strong obv-towning as you approach impending death to make up for crappy play does not really fall in line with the cop role and town wincon.

Why is that?
If you are going to try a flashwagon you should really choose a better target.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1862 (isolation #89) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1859, likeabauss wrote:Sangres, I feel like you're trying to talk yourself out of voting for Orcinus. All the indications you've alluded to suggest he's scum based on your experience? Nacho trusts my Rank meta and if my previous assumption is correct your gut read on Orcinus says scum... so what gives?

I just don't get this board sometimes. People will flash wagon a noob who didn't do anything scummy, but won't hang a well known veteran who is basically screaming "I'm scum."
<------true statements
this statement---->
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1868 (isolation #90) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1864, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 1862, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1859, likeabauss wrote:Sangres, I feel like you're trying to talk yourself out of voting for Orcinus. All the indications you've alluded to suggest he's scum based on your experience? Nacho trusts my Rank meta and if my previous assumption is correct your gut read on Orcinus says scum... so what gives?

I just don't get this board sometimes. People will flash wagon a noob who didn't do anything scummy, but won't hang a well known veteran who is basically screaming "I'm scum."
<------true statements
this statement---->
hi

it seems like you have been sitting back and dishing out your read-switches on me without an actual effort to ascertain that read
I think you missed the align right part of this post but the point remains, yes, I'm quite uncertain about you but don't feel the need to deal with it immediately because I don't plan on lynching you today and it's looking like you may get lynched whether I like it or not, so not really worth the effort yet
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (isolation #91) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

>orc flips town
>I deduce that everything I thought before is still true

wow

so scumhunting

such townie

much not having cop

wow
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (isolation #92) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I hereby reserve both the right to say "I told you so" if this is wrong and to not be "I told you so"-d if it's right.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1903 (isolation #93) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1901, MC Maraca wrote:
In post 1899, yessiree wrote:that's a deal if you hammer
I'm not having any part in this lynch. Convince some idiot to do it.
Don't worry, we have a metric fuckton of idiots lined up!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1906 (isolation #94) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1904, MC Maraca wrote:And even if orcinus is scum (which I highly highly doubt). You fucking leash the cop claim. It's just like leashing a SK. Force them to clear people. To survive the long run, theoretical orcinus-scum has to get town results on town players; or fuck himself over and get lynched instantly when he declares a scum result in a 1v1 with the target.
In post 1904, MC Maraca wrote:And even if orcinus is scum (which I highly highly doubt). You fucking leash the cop claim. It's just like leashing a SK. Force them to clear people. To survive the long run, theoretical orcinus-scum has to get town results on town players; or fuck himself over and get lynched instantly when he declares a scum result in a 1v1 with the target.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1910 (isolation #95) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Post by Cephrir »

JS, Toomai, outside chance of Sakura/bauss/caled. Feeling better about you than I was before.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (isolation #96) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm aware Toomai is a novel read. He's the one I earlier alluded to maybe building a case on while leaving my vote on JS though.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1914 (isolation #97) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Post by Cephrir »

So, we should just lynch all cop claims always, by that logic? =/
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (isolation #98) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

My scumlist is actually really sad right now, it's something like this:

TOWN
yessiree

NULL
most of you

SCUM
the people I just mentioned

Like actually.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1924 (isolation #99) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1923, Sakura Hana wrote:Cops dont act scummy.
This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1934 (isolation #100) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1932, likeabauss wrote:
The logic here doesn't work. He can clear scum buddies, along with actually townies. If he goes three nights without lynch, we can't be sure if he cleared actual townies or conftown'd scum buddies. I'm sure you understand this.

Leashing an SK comes with proven documented validity. The people die, their roles are revealed. Our only hope of validating Orcinus's claims is by a real cop verifying ALL OF THEM.
This post is made under the assumption that orcinus is mafia, and therefore has nothing to do with anything.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (isolation #101) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

Simple- you lynch it on Day 4. IN the interim, you don't follow the cop.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1940 (isolation #102) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

Surely you must realize that's pretty much a list of who is and who is not sheeping you
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1941 (isolation #103) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'd like to hear why you suspect me aside from "he's not sheeping me".
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (isolation #104) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: Sakura
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (isolation #105) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

@bauss again: You expect everyone else to unconditionally accept your Rank meta (without backing it up I might add) but you aren't willing to accept anyone else's meta on me, apparently?

Not that the latter is being pushed as strongly but it has been brought up.

Also, sangres can be town again and I believe in their case but I dunno if I'm willing to budge mostly on principle.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1947 (isolation #106) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:01 am

Post by Cephrir »

My solution would be to pretend his results don't even exist until/unless he flips town. Obviously it's difficult to ignore that WIFOM if it arises, but cost-benefit analysis.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1955 (isolation #107) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

By the way, sangres, did you build that case together or was it mostly one or the other of you? If the latter, which?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (isolation #108) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1957, likeabauss wrote:
In post 1941, Cephrir wrote:I'd like to hear why you suspect me aside from "he's not sheeping me".
This:
In post 1827, likeabauss wrote:I'm only slight scum on you and discounting my read because of our dynamic (I don't have conviction in my read on you at this point.) Its natural to lean scum on somebody who discredits you, and attacks your arguments, so I'm not putting much stock in my read on you as a result. I hope to develop a better read as the game goes on.
It's mostly a gut read, not based on your actual play. And I've openly discounted it due to a natural bias. I'm not saying "Let's lynch Cephrir" but I'm also not going to say I'm null or town on you. Just being honest/open.
K so it's just that I'm not sheeping you

Noted
In post 1957, likeabauss wrote:
In post 1944, Cephrir wrote:@bauss again: You expect everyone else to unconditionally accept your Rank meta (without backing it up I might add) but you aren't willing to accept anyone else's meta on me, apparently?
My Rank-fu is strong. Seriously though, I provided a thoroughly detailed explanation of my Rank read (831), I just didn't cite a bunch of completed games as references. I have deliberately avoided exploiting his game play/tendencies when he's not even here to defend himself (As a matter of courtesy or etiquette if you will.) And, for what its worth, I hate meta reads as they are used on this board for reasons I discussed earlier (). My read on Rank is based on a profile of him as a player/person, and my experience with him. Not, "He subbed out on D1 in game 1234, and was scum. Therefore, he must be scum this game."

I haven't seen a comprehensive "case" (or profile of you) as to why you're town/scum on meta (if I missed it, please advise.) But at this point, you've shared openly/discussed willingly all the topics of conversation. This is the type of play that will yield a better vantage point into your alignment after a couple days. So, I'm content to personally sort you later when the body of work becomes available.
If I ever come under serious suspicion I'm sure it will be discussed.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (isolation #109) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

(In greater depth anyway)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (isolation #110) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

And I'm not going to bother addressing how your two different ideas of meta are the same thing, as it's plainly useless.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (isolation #111) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

I beg to differ!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2000 (isolation #112) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1999, Guyett wrote:Not sure I like orc's leap onto the Sak wagon... looks pretty desperate to me
No shit, Sherlock! You'd be desperate too if you were clearly about to be lynched!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2003 (isolation #113) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Incidentally, thanks for popping in and towning Mara, that was super.

@Guyett: No it doesn't
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2017 (isolation #114) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2016, yessiree wrote:I believe we are competent enough to make the decision without info from flip and night action
I believe we are so massively incompetent that neither the flip nor night actions will resolve our general stupidity, but we should still lynch over nolynch on principle.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2020 (isolation #115) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

I wonder if a player has ever been discussed this much in a game after replacing out within like 5 posts.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2046 (isolation #116) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I can think of at least two other possibilities
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2047 (isolation #117) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

The main issue is the lack of another viable wagon
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2055 (isolation #118) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by Cephrir »

APBRO- y u no vote counterwagon

I don't believe in this counterwagon but I don't really care
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2064 (isolation #119) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Going to bed soon... thinking I should probably stay here...
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2065 (isolation #120) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

If RC accumulates 3 votes in the next half hour I will switch
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2067 (isolation #121) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

He's scum? The only thing I see in his iso that makes me feel even remotely okay is him not jumping at the chance to lynch you, but that really isn't much.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2069 (isolation #122) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not as strongly anti-JS as I once was but he's still probably my best scumread.

I am not doing well in the scumreads department this game, mostly because of all the morons.

P-edit: I know almost zero about his meta. I have seen him lurk as town and super massive hyper lurk as SK.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2071 (isolation #123) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Well, I'm officially going to sleep now. If I see anyone post in this thread in the next 5.5 hours without voting Sakura, I will consider them to have claimed scum. Good night.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2085 (isolation #124) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Not at all upset about that thing getting booted out of here. Well, either of them, really.

Cabd, you better have something to tell us.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (isolation #125) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Vote orcinus
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2092 (isolation #126) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I thought we had something special q.q
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2096 (isolation #127) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

That you did

I'd do it the same way again though
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2097 (isolation #128) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

That was @ yessiree not sure why I'm not getting post previews
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2130 (isolation #129) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Not worried. Shit's mafia.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2132 (isolation #130) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

</3
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2134 (isolation #131) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Thank you for the brilliant insight Mr. Savage
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2149 (isolation #132) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2147, sangres wrote:Toomai, what's your graph looking like?
Graph?
In post 2148, Angry Frat BROs wrote:Thank you Cabd/Mara

VOTE: Hermy
I don't really feel like this case is reasonable, so I can't say I like you voting on it without batting an eye.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2166 (isolation #133) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

Your graphs are beautiful.

I actually love that it took until Day 3 for that to come up, like, so much.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2171 (isolation #134) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I meant beautiful as in townie-looking :P

I can think of a way to resolve Hermy's apparent contradiction but I'm not going to hand it to her.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2180 (isolation #135) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

I don't know what to do today!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2182 (isolation #136) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:07 am

Post by Cephrir »

I guess it might be iso time.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2186 (isolation #137) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

That was not the solution I was looking for, but I also don't remember what the solution I was looking for actually is.

I should have realized I would forget that.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2189 (isolation #138) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Yeah, but I mean I had a way it could have not been a contradiction but it looks like it was one~
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2196 (isolation #139) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

Why do I not want 80% the players in this game anywhere near lylo?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2200 (isolation #140) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

This game went from really interesting to really boring really fast.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (isolation #141) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

Can we just kill everyone but me and the two people I'm pretty sure are town

The rest of you scare me
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2216 (isolation #142) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

Actually I lied I have 4 reasonable townreads
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2239 (isolation #143) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not entirely sure how that could be a freudian slip unless you're suggesting [redacted].
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2249 (isolation #144) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I've been thinking about this out of thread a little. If Cabd were lying, there would be some really obvious parallels to a certain other game, which I modded.

I find it hard to believe he would try to pull that shit with me in the game.

On the other hand, this is Cabd we're dealing with.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2250 (isolation #145) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Yes, Guyett, I am fully aware of the bauss nightkill wifom. Thank you for sharing.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2252 (isolation #146) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Cephrir »

That isn't a good reason.

If they claimed follower and didn't target orc that night, in fact, I would lynch them on the fucking spot, so.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2259 (isolation #147) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

a.) If they followed orc and he was mafia but didn't make the kill, they would still get "orcinus did nothing". He claimed cop.

b.) what the actual FUCK is post 2257.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2262 (isolation #148) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2261, Guyett wrote:I'm calling bullshit on this follower claim
So am I, but that unfortunately does not make them scum.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2274 (isolation #149) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2325 (isolation #150) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2311, MC Maraca wrote:Ceph, where are your reads at? You indicated several townreads today, do you have anything to add or subtract from my list?
Yeah, yessiree is town.

Other than that, I basically agree.

Sorry if I'm being a little useless today.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2329 (isolation #151) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm feeling slightly paralyzed by nightkill WIFOM. But putting that aside for the time being, Guyett, JS and RC would be the ones I'd have to choose between. Unfortunately, RC has a better chance of being town than the other two.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2330 (isolation #152) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: Guyett, I guess.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2341 (isolation #153) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2340, Hermy wrote: 11. Angry Frat BROs - Scum - General play, plus meta from one or two others, plus likeabauss's good case on him/them.
Meta, what meta?
14. RadiantCowbells -
Town
- General play looks great.
17. TheIrishPope -
Scum
-
Lack of useful activity, intelligent posts and any useful play whatsoever
. Posted a little bit more after being called out for lack of stuff, but the 'more' was still mainly crap.
You're kidding, right?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2346 (isolation #154) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

I don't especially agree with your last sentence (even though it is clearly meta based and I have no such meta), but yes. He's been my strongest townread all game. It boggles my mind that this is not universal.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2351 (isolation #155) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm reasonably certain that's L-3
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2361 (isolation #156) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2358, Angry Frat BROs wrote:The fact that you're only ~20 posts ahead of me is disconcerting.

Almost as disconcerting as me having the 2nd highest post count.
If it makes you feel better, I'm only 2 posts behind you.

1 now, I suppose.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (isolation #157) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Sometimes saying things like that isn't worth it.

Actually always.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2421 (isolation #158) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

We're not lynching AFB today. Sorry if some of you didn't get the memo.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2434 (isolation #159) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Cephrir »

God dammit I thought TIP was softclaiming cop.

It was also obvious MCM was claiming to have found Dr. AFB.

TBH I've had sneaking worries about AFB for one reason, and one reason only: why the fuck do scum kill bauss if AFB isn't scum?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2436 (isolation #160) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I don't really care for nightkill wifom, but like, bauss existing is so ridiculously beneficial to an AFBless scumteam that the wifom is clearly not worth it IMO

So if AFB isn't scum, and you're not scum, then the scumteam is bad.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2438 (isolation #161) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'd be quite interested to hear who AFB protected last night, as that person theoretically should be "confirmed town".
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2439 (isolation #162) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

(except of course they really aren't)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2442 (isolation #163) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Well, at least they'd be confirmed as a successful protection, maybe, in theory, since there was one less kill last night. If he then flipped scum doc, well...
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2443 (isolation #164) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2427, Guyett wrote:You should have another cop result RC. What is it?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (isolation #165) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Because he had to investigate orcinus

Duh?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2460 (isolation #166) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Oh yeah, I'm voting this guy. That's not okay.

UNVOTE:
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2464 (isolation #167) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Agreed, although today might not be the day for it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2474 (isolation #168) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Vote AFB
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2479 (isolation #169) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2478, Angry Frat BROs wrote:
This sentence is a blatant lie. Lack of contraction + use of intensifier to amplify honesty. I can smell the duper's delight through my computer.
this sounds like something bauss would say =/
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2482 (isolation #170) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Post by Cephrir »

hold the FUCKING phone
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2483 (isolation #171) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1490, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i fucking hate playing PRs

get off my wagon or at least get me to l-2

i don't fucking trust this town lol

cop

and i still deserve the case on me?
In post 1517, RadiantCowbells wrote:I never wanted an Orc lynch.

I want fking Frat Bro.
In post 1517, RadiantCowbells wrote:I never wanted an Orc lynch.
Fuck you

UNVOTE:
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2484 (isolation #172) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Additional relevant things on both sides of the argument
In post 1620, RadiantCowbells wrote:Orcinus could in fact be scum.

I'd still rather do Frat Br0s.
the FUCK

this is BEFORE orc claims and he then says he never wanted the lynch

that LITERALLY IS NOT TRUE
In post 1734, RadiantCowbells wrote:Normally I'd claim cop right here.

I'm not going to this game.
On the other hand this is a breadcrumb
In post 1744, RadiantCowbells wrote:Normally I'd claim cop, gambiting that he's fake, to secure his lynch and make mafia target me the next night.

Not because I am cop. I might be something else though.

And its not trolling at all, it's a success story.
I'm not even sure what the fuck this is
In post 1771, RadiantCowbells wrote:There isn't necessarily a real cop hiding out there somewhere.

Why do you even think there's a cop in the setup?
In post 2044, RadiantCowbells wrote:Cabd seems to be claiming role cop.
Why did you not have an issue with this
In post 2291, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hermy is town.

AFB is not.

Questions?
At least you didn't make Hermy up on the spot

If you are a cop RC you FUCKING BLOW at this game
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (isolation #173) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Okay I can't numbers please ignore the first quote but like still what the fuck
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2487 (isolation #174) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

that's ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT POST?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2488 (isolation #175) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Excuse me I'm gonna go have a fucking aneurysm
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2497 (isolation #176) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Yeah, I don't think he is

Great fucking job RC
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2501 (isolation #177) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

how about we don't and also fuck you
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2524 (isolation #178) » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

TIP, if you aren't a cop, you should probably just admit it. Because I'm ready to vote Hermy at this point.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2528 (isolation #179) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

I don't even know anymore.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2569 (isolation #180) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2533, MC Maraca wrote:Wow ceph you haven't figured it out yet? It was kind of obvious. Tippy even softclaimed it day two.
I may be blind but you're still wrong, so there.
In post 2547, yessiree wrote:WARNING: The scumteam is hardcore defending each other in this game in the hopes that, as a united entity that is able to exert a greater amount of influence over the scattered individual, they can take control of the flow of the game.
I am and have been rather paranoid about this, even if mostly in private.

I will explain things more at some point in the future.
In post 2550, Angry Frat BROs wrote:Hermy/RC/yessiree for remaining scum.

Would also explain why TIP survived last night.
No.
In post 2564, TheIrishPope wrote:I don't have a goddamn guilty on Hermy.
:neutral:
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2571 (isolation #181) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2564, TheIrishPope wrote:I don't have a goddamn guilty on Hermy.
Do you have an innocent on AFB?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2573 (isolation #182) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

Unfortunately, I am rapidly being forced into the assumption that yessiree is right.

It would also explain the weirdness I got from how constantly AFB has been appealing to my intelligence.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2575 (isolation #183) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

...Cabd does?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2576 (isolation #184) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

I guess there is another role you could be.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2579 (isolation #185) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

Meanwhile I'm standing in the middle arguing with myself and being convinced by whoever posted last.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2580 (isolation #186) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, actually, you can't be the role I was thinking of AFB. Sooooo
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2586 (isolation #187) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Cephrir »

this game
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2597 (isolation #188) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by Cephrir »

It *is* quite a coincidence.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2603 (isolation #189) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2600, RadiantCowbells wrote:The only way MC could be non-scum is if Roleblocking is classified as a protective action, which I've seen it as.
???
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2605 (isolation #190) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I just don't understand what caused you to leap to that conclusion... are you asserting that mafia doctors don't exist?

It's not relevant anyway since you are clearly full of shit, but...
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2606 (isolation #191) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, the wiki page explicitly states that mafia doctors don't have guns. I assumed whoever said that was crazy.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2612 (isolation #192) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I guess it's possible. I just wish RC hadn't deliberately ruined his own credibility repeatedly, it would make it a lot easier to believe. Even though everything makes sense if we think of it that way.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2613 (isolation #193) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by Cephrir »

And there could be a scum godfather only catchable by the gunsmith. That'd be really cute. Only issue with that theory is that Maraca is almost definitively scum if we accept RC and TIP as both real.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2615 (isolation #194) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not sure I agree. There's a small open setup with 2 cops. Why not a cop and a gunsmith?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2616 (isolation #195) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I would really like to put my crazy paranoid theories to bed and go back to playing mafia based on players' actual in thread performance and I don't think I will ever be completely at ease in this game while AFB and MCM are both alive. I've felt this way since the moment I saw the N1 kill.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2617 (isolation #196) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I just don't understand why RC would botch his reaction to orcinus so incredibly badly.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2618 (isolation #197) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Also, TIP didn't go "scum scum scum lynch lynch lynch" when orcinus claimed cop. Guess he thought it was plausible to have both roles in the same setup!

And cop/follower is almost as crazy as cop/gunsmith but you didn't instantly lynch orcinus.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo you fail at logic.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2620 (isolation #198) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=21285 2 cops in 18 players
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=22676 cop & tracker in 17 players
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=22748 cop & 2 1-shot gunsmiths in 19 players

all new york

you lose
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2622 (isolation #199) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Post by Cephrir »

PS, I only went through about 15 games to find those and never checked the roles of any players who survived the game
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”