Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by Grendel »

Good morning, or evening, Im looking forward to playing this game with ya'll on upcoming weeks.

I recognize Cassowary, and Chkflip. Otherwise this is a pretty fresh roster for me.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 20, Porkens wrote:
In post 9, Marky Mark wrote:Great intro Gamma - thank your sir!

Time to put on our thinking caps and batter some scum.

VOTE: Jake 1v1 me bro

--pedit: we are so in sync, Mistyx. Townbloc is clearly already forming
While I agree, I simultaneously find this post to be contrived and therefore suspicious. Let’s prosecute this.

vote: Marky Mark
What part of his post were you agreeing with?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:03 pm

Post by Grendel »

I think Vax's flavor being mentioned in the write up points to them being town crier? (E.i. a role that gets to post notes in the mod's flavor)
In post 33, Vaxkiller wrote:A SMALL ONE that puny mortals would not comprehend.
im curious what the push for flavor claims is about. Im inclined to TR Vax for it for reasons im not prepared to talk about yet.

Also curious why Porken/Mystix were both so evasive about role claiming if they both feel its non-ai here.

/-/-/-/-/-

My flavor is my namesake btw. Super stoked since the flavor of this game is loosely tied to a game on my homesite where I got Beowulf as my flavor. It all comes full circle. :)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by Grendel »

Im just going to pretend chkflip doesn't have post restriction b/c thinking too much about it could cuase me to angle shoot an alignment for erroneous reasons.

-/-/-/-/-

Porkens, so far is most scummy of the roster.

VOTE: Porkens

I'll give free D1 town cred to anybody who'll help this push along.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:23 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Chkflip

Do you feel mistyx's line of thinking is more likely to be pushed by town or mafia?
In post 32, Mistyx wrote:VOTE: chk

i dont think you got a post restriction

vax, is there a reason you're pushing for flavor claims?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 14, cassowary wrote:ah, glad we're getting started here

VOTE: the worst

username says it all i think. why would we want someone around who's the worst
if the worst is the worst at being the worst, would that actually make them quite competent?

Also, I'd like you thoughts on Porken when you get the chance. Maybe even a vote if you are feeling it.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 62, Porkens wrote:Grendal didn’t even wait for my answer before they voted for me and called me the scummiest on the roster, despite citing no reasoning except that which applies to another player as well.

Grendal, what makes me scummier than everyone else?
Well, what exactly were you agreeing with in mark's op?

Answer that first please
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 76, Porkens wrote:No, you need to explain why you said I was scummy without having given me a chance to answer or not. If you had waited, I’d be under the gun, but you didn’t so now your under priority.
Apologies, I was eager to get the game out of RVS

my 1st for scum reading you was that saying something positive about Marky, then aggressing them in the next breathe seemed off to me. I was curoius if you actully agreed with something he posted, or scum you was just looking for a quick easy RVS vote

the 2nd was the avoidance of role claiming. Casswoary actually called out my logic there spot on lol.

Spoiler:
In post 79, cassowary wrote:Wait... if porkens thought flavor could be AI but didn't want to claim their flavor (), does that imply they thought their flavor was incriminating and could reveal their alignment to be mafia? Hmm... food for thought.

-/-/-/-
In post 82, Porkens wrote:
In post 79, cassowary wrote:Wait... if porkens thought flavor could be AI but didn't want to claim their flavor (), does that imply they thought their flavor was incriminating and could reveal their alignment to be mafia? Hmm... food for thought.
My flavor would give scum a great guess at my role.
townie pr is a more likely to make a hasty assertion like this then scum is imo. Hasty equal less then 48 hours into the day phase, and there only being a few votes on Porkens. Scum could just lay low and let pressure flow else where.

UNVOTE:
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:06 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 91, Fidget wrote:I get that Grendel probably has his hands full answering questions at the moment, but I'd love to toss another one into the thunderdome for him whenever he's gotten those sorted, if this question does not get answered: was your claim that Porkens is the scummiest player related to the curiosity around misty/porkens not claiming flavor?
this points against Fidget/Cass/marky team. All three in one why or another asked for elaboration on my Porkens scum lean.

Scum would try to coordinate their movement/attention more diversely then that.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by Grendel »

Marky mark definitely is leaning hard into playing, "Town voice of reason." A favorite of scum's in the early game.

VOTE: Marky
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 81, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 47, Grendel wrote:Good morning, or evening, Im looking forward to playing this game with ya'll on upcoming weeks.

I recognize Cassowary, and Chkflip. Otherwise this is a pretty fresh roster for me.
omgiwannaboopyouravatarsobadly!
gestures of affection are not invited. :oops:

Is the Vax vote just for fun, or do you have a read there?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 100, Flea The Magician wrote:Noted! I won't boop <3

*offers tea and biccies instead*

It's RVS shenangians. While I can see there is momentum building to take us out of that, honestly I just wanna have a bit more fun before we get neck deep in OMGUS and battles.

You seem to be willing to call a team early, any reason?
I'll respect your early game flavor since im guessing that this is a pretty normal approach to the game for you. I am v interested to hear your thoughts when you start getting more serous tho.

it was actually a point against the three of you being a team together. When i make a small niche connection like that in my head i'll usally notate it for when im rereading later. As It could be revelant a few day phases from now.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Grendel »

*@mystix*

if you feel marks behavior is null then what are your thoughts on the rest of the marky mark wagon comp?

is naked voting scummy to you?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 120, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 98, Grendel wrote:Marky mark definitely is leaning hard into playing, "Town voice of reason." A favorite of scum's in the early game.

VOTE: Marky
Town voice of reason is the best compliment I've had in weeks on this site :3

Please tell me more about how trying to work with the rest of the town and move the game forwards makes me scum?

I like some of your analysis posts above this one so I'm not calling you out as scum here per se, I just dont get your logic
its a matter of what you seem to be doing vs what you are actually doing. It feels to me like you are playing for town cred, and not to solve the game.

On some level you are working with town + those other things you said. However its v easy as scum who want to play a protown looking game to play agreeable with townies/ look really reasonable. THeres less stress b/c the answers are already available to scum.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 126, Fidget wrote:
In post 96, Grendel wrote:
In post 82, Porkens wrote:
My flavor would give scum a great guess at my role.
townie pr is a more likely to make a hasty assertion like this then scum is imo. Hasty equal less then 48 hours into the day phase, and there only being a few votes on Porkens. Scum could just lay low and let pressure flow else where.

UNVOTE:
Why do you find this type of claim unlikely for scum to make? You mention that it is hasty and scum would be more likely to withhold this info than a town PR would, however, I might argue the opposite. Scum would be more open-handed with this than a town PR would, as there is no need to hide and fear being nightkilled as the former. I suppose that I am confused where you are coming from with this unvote reasoning.
No, historically town pr pops and outs info quicker and under less pressure then scum 9 times out of 10.

Scum have a lot more to lose if forced to claim early b/c it locks them into a claim, and makes the follow-up days harder. Like yes, they dont fear being NK'd, but they do fear town catching them at night, or town wondering why the player hinting at having a strong PR is still alive several days later.

Granted Porkens didnt hard claim. They hinted at having a confirmable/strong town role of some sort. So im not hard TRing them. But i think they presented a good enough reaction that I would town lean them.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 144, cassowary wrote:Less flippantly: I don't find mark's behavior very scummy and I think a lot of the accusations on him look a bit like grasping. Unless, like, you know him really well and are super confident he wouldn't say 'lol' in this situation normally? I am not even convinced he appears that much to be a 'voice of reason.'

Re other thoughts, I find uncrowned's opening super weird - like, why come in that way? If you hadn't caught up on the game to have other opinions, why cast a vote in your first post when we were already kinda coming out of rvs? Feels like scum trying to imitate slacking town. I'll join the uncrowned wagon for the sake of having a vote somewhere.

VOTE: uncrowned
for an offsite reference I think you'd get, consider LC in Ace Attorney mafia as an example of scum playing "Town voice of reason."

Uncrowned is a null for me i think.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 140, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 138, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 131, Flea The Magician wrote:I can promise you flavour is NAI.
So tell me yours.
Even the might Zeus pales in comparison to the power wielded by I. <3

I can stop the mighty zeus in this tracks.
the power of dance?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by Grendel »

oh thank god

I dont know how to dance
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Grendel »

prod dodge

sorry my work schedule has been really screwing me over.

I should be back tomarrow after noon
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 253, Flea The Magician wrote:Given I've got 1 game meta with both of you, you're the one slightly off meta. Mark is just super friend and a town cheerleader type imo :D
So Mark is like :D :P :) in a majority of his games?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 217, chkflip wrote:VOTE: Uncrowned

I will bah bah eh-like a sheep.
Isnt chkflip normally a more abrasive/domineering personality type in discussion?

I understand that aposing as his character can impact posts, or whatever, but i feel like what he has done so far this game doesn't look like how he played in a prevous town game I had with him. Also, I do only have one game's worth exp w/ him so idk the full depth of his range as town, and scum.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Grendel »

I havent read the casing of uncrowned yet, I will later tonight, or tomorrow night
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 263, Grendel wrote:
In post 253, Flea The Magician wrote:Given I've got 1 game meta with both of you, you're the one slightly off meta. Mark is just super friend and a town cheerleader type imo :D
So Mark is like :D :P :) in a majority of his games?
Nobody answered this, but its not a leap of faith to assume so.

UNVOTE:

i have a few pages to catch up on and sort my feelings
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by Grendel »

Uncrowned looks fine i think. I agree that the intial sheep vote that drewed attention to him isnt directly AI here. I do think it has long term uses once some flips are on deck. Not a fan of the push there, and i dont feel really moved by points that came of it.
In post 277, Uncrowned wrote:Time for a gamestate read.

As much as Mark is acting scummy, the lack of involvement from a majority of slots while we've been dueling is objectively +town for him, I'd say. Assuming this, there's probably scum on each of our wagons. Given Cassowary's weird fence-sitty comment about my one which just looked like someone trying show townie caution, I think we push there.
yeah, the two of you were dueling wagons most of D1. For one of you to be scum would mean that buddies were super apathic about the game state, or were bussing and afraid to move elsewhere. Otherwise you're both town.

I dont really agree with the Cassowary takeaway. Having offsite experience with her I kno shes a cautious player in general. Esp on the first day phase or two.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

Spoiler:
In post 218, Gamma Emerald wrote:

So this (and other versions of the Castle Crashers Necromancer theme) is the other of the two songs I've been tending to use during times where I want to get serious in a mafia game. I tend to use Mechanical Con-Damnation for mech-heavy setups and this one for mech-lite setups, or for situations where mechanical arguments are stronger or weaker in what I'm writing up in specific.
This definitely isn't my favorite cover of the Necromancer theme, but I chose this one here for a reason I'll get into in a bit.

Votecount 1.5Uncrowned (6): Mistyx, Marky Mark, cassowary, Flea The Magician, Vaxkiller, chkflip
Marky Mark (4): Porkens, Uncrowned, Grendel, Not Known 15
Vaxkiller (1): Turin Turambar
the worst (1): Jake the Wolfie
Flea The Magician (1): Fidget

Not voting: the worst

Within 14 alive it takes 8 votes to yeet someone into the void.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-02-15 15:10:00), or whenever a yeet has been decided.

If Uncrowned, and Marky both end up flipping town I would say that there are 2+ scum in the vanity wagons, and the no voter. Scum on the Uncrowned wagon, my bets would be chkflip/Flea and/or Maaaybe Marky. The only guy on Mark I dont have a reason to TR is Not known.

Bussing i wont worry about unless one of Marky/Uncrowned end up flipping mafia.

Feels weird making a VCA post like this when there arent any flips, but it intrigued me enough that i felt i had too.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 327, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Turin Turambar and Porkens are being replaced.
wow :(
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 289, chkflip wrote:
In post 264, Grendel wrote:Isnt chkflip normally a more abrasive/domineering personality type in discussion?
I've been eh-trying to chill out. Shit makes me legitimately angry and same people feel like it makes the thread toxic. So if I can play the same way but just less caps lock and F bombs it's better for everyone regardless of my alignment.

Eh-UNVOTE: Uncrowned

Definitely agree on the "different context" legitimacy Uc. I saw MMs #2 and looked back at my post and thought "wait how is this not describink my vote?"

But discussion was had. Thees is better than I could've hoped for.
THats considerate of you, Doesn't change the fact that im getting gut scum pings from your slot.

You mentioned rereading the game. Will you be getting to that soon?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

MATH BLADE YOOOOO
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 339, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Unvote

Clearly need to scent out the scums here.

Anyone wanna claim town?
Its been actual years.

If you're up lets sort out the game together!
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Grendel »

The Uncrowned v Marky mark dueling wagons probably the most notable thing so far.
In post 94, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 20, Porkens wrote:
In post 9, Marky Mark wrote:Great intro Gamma - thank your sir!

Time to put on our thinking caps and batter some scum.

VOTE: Jake 1v1 me bro

--pedit: we are so in sync, Mistyx. Townbloc is clearly already forming
While I agree, I simultaneously find this post to be contrived and therefore suspicious. Let’s prosecute this.

vote: Marky Mark
I'll sheep this.

VOTE: Mark

-/-/-

starts page 4 and ends around page 11.

I wont color your perspective with my takeaway. tell me your thoughts
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #30) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 358, MathBlade wrote:
In post 154, Not Known 15 wrote:Not much time, so just skimmed the thread. Grendel seems towny.
Kinda wondering if Grendel, Uncrowned, and Not Known know where all the bones are.
If i was scum and these were my buddies you think its likely was as a whole would join the same wagon on mark?

scum diversify there stances better then that.

really just seems like your catch up revolves around calling Mark town, and suspecting those who didnt. I don't have a take for what the means yet, but it stands out to me.

-/-/-/-

I havent looked at fidget much recently but i will when i catch up

-/-/-
In post 403, Mistyx wrote:
In post 375, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 366, GreyICE wrote:Page 2. You haven't lynched Fidget. This is why you fuckers don't deserve democracy. Luckily glorious leader is here.
We aren't executing Fidget until you fall off your high horse and die.
so then what do you call this?
Jake out here behaving like a jester lol

-/-/-/-

I think that being possessive over the game state D1 like GreyICE has been is generally a townie trait.

Math is similar, tho i do do see potential ulterior motives for where they are going with things.

-/-/-/-

Vax is still clearly town.

Jesse's chippy one liners w/ understated reasoning, and fluid votes, will make sorting them hard.

-/-/-/-

Spoiler:
In post 431, MathBlade wrote:
In post 218, Gamma Emerald wrote:

So this (and other versions of the Castle Crashers Necromancer theme) is the other of the two songs I've been tending to use during times where I want to get serious in a mafia game. I tend to use Mechanical Con-Damnation for mech-heavy setups and this one for mech-lite setups, or for situations where mechanical arguments are stronger or weaker in what I'm writing up in specific.
This definitely isn't my favorite cover of the Necromancer theme, but I chose this one here for a reason I'll get into in a bit.

Votecount 1.5Uncrowned (6): Mistyx, Marky Mark, cassowary, Flea The Magician, Vaxkiller, chkflip
Marky Mark (4): Porkens, Uncrowned, Grendel, Not Known 15
Vaxkiller (1): Turin Turambar
the worst (1): Jake the Wolfie

Not voting: the worst

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-02-15 15:10:00), or whenever a yeet has been decided.
In post 337, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I feel like this is a good song for quickly getting minor tasks done. Besides that, I just think the song's nice.
Also, backlogged VCs will continue from where I left off if I have a narrative I'm trying to spin. I'll link any VCs I had to add narration to in the next VC done live (which, to make it clear, means this one will have links to 1.6 and 1.7 once I get those done).

Votecount 1.8Uncrowned (2): Flea The Magician, Vaxkiller
Marky Mark (2): GreyICE, Not Known 15
Vaxkiller (1): Mathblade
Jesse Pierce (1): Jake the Wolfie
Jake the Wolfie (1): Mistyx
Not Known 15(1): Marky Mark

Not voting: Jesse Pierce, chkflip, cassowary, Uncrowned, Grendel

GreyICE replaces Porkens
Mathblade replaces Turin Turambar
This was over the span of Friday to Monday.

A crap ton of people were on wagons then went back to unvoting. That’s highly indicative of not having a town leader or leaders and yet the wagon disbanded. We’ve been outside RVS for a while imho. Why the wagons disbanded is important whatever alignment you think Uncrowned/Marky Mark are.

What we have to prevent is what a recently completed scum game happened on D1. I replaced into a scummy slot and kinda defeatist and try harded but used subtle manipulation to make people hate how long D1 was. People have to at least interact with the why. This provides a general flow rather than randomly voting until frustrated and elimming. It’s more important to build communication rather than right. Ideally both but with a good town block we can talk more.

You think both wagons are on town? Then who is scum in those groups?

ftr i unvoted becuase i felt like there not being any hard pushes outside of the two main wagons was a point to them both being town potentially.

This game was inneed of some more proactive posters to move things along. Reluctant to call any one person a leader of sorts. Normally i try to fill that slot in discussion when i have to. Been feeling really off this game tho.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #31) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

*@Math*

what reasons did you have for town reading Marky mark beyond wagons analysis? Is it gut?

im not sure what my read on him is currently
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #32) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 460, Marky Mark wrote:Phoneposting

@grey you make some valid points ref Not Known. I've looked back over their earlier posts and they are fairly perceptive.

I also agree that CONSIDERING the possibility that uncrowned and I might be S/S is open-minded, but I thought their evidence post of me generally being polite was trying to stretch the facts to fit their vote in a way that makes me SR them.
Ohhh, i forgot about 15 scum reading both you and Uncrowned. If both you are both town then thats p scummy of 15.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (isolation #33) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:59 pm

Post by Grendel »

im noticing several of fidgets posts seems to echo current thoughts of other players around them in the respective points in time. V interesting.

Spoiler:
In post 166, Fidget wrote:
In post 157, Marky Mark wrote:So to summarise your logic:
1.) Being proactive in RVS more likely comes from being scum than town - I agree here that scum care more about looking town, but town have another major incentive to be proactive: finding scum!
2.) Uncrowned's naked vote on the top wagon is less scummy than if they had justified it - like eh idk maybe. Feels like Too scummy To Be Scum (TM) logic somewhat

I'm still trying to get a feel for you, but phrases like "I am considering suspecting" feel scummy to me. If you SR or TR someone then own your suspicions. If you think its NAI then that's cool too, but either way, being vague is not super helpful here.
You seem to be getting the idea that I'm scumreading you for being proactive/protown. What I find suspicious about you is how some of your posts give the appearance of being protown, but in reality are easy to make and mostly just make you seem like you're doing something than are actually doing something.

I recognize that town can do this too, but I wouldn't classify this as scumreading you for doing anything towny. You do have better posts that make me feel maybe you just have a large desire to create content due to how excited you are for the game, even if it's very little things.

I would argue that a naked vote is not outright scummy, and sheeping an early wagon with a naked vote is not scummy either. I think it's actually pretty protown.

"I am considering suspecting" maybe poor wording. My kneejerk reaction was to scumread Uncrowned for obvious reasons, but the more I thought on it, I ended up closer to town. I had briefly considered voting there but I landed elsewhere.

for example the first part of this post echos something i said earlier about mark "Playing to appear town."

Spoiler:
In post 171, Fidget wrote:Uncrowned (4): Mistyx, Marky Mark, Cassowary, Flea The Magician

I feel pretty confident there is scum on this wagon (or to a lesser extent, Uncrowned is scum, but that is not my current thinking).
In post 144, cassowary wrote:Re other thoughts, I find uncrowned's opening super weird - like, why come in that way? If you hadn't caught up on the game to have other opinions, why cast a vote in your first post when we were already kinda coming out of rvs? Feels like scum trying to imitate slacking town. I'll join the uncrowned wagon for the sake of having a vote somewhere.
I think this is a much better justification for voting Uncrowned than him being scummy for not contributing to the discussion. This is actually something I was considering myself. The last game I have seen of Uncrowned, he mentioned intentionally playing different to try out a new playstyle. It was less effort than his usual style (However, he did not naked vote in RVS, and he did have early reads, so not totally slacking so much as trying somewhat less). He was town that game, though.
In post 156, Flea The Magician wrote:Uncrowned calling out an over explaination with an over explaination seems dodge to me. VOTE: Uncrowned
*sips tea and noms a biccie*
This doesn't strike me as very good faith. Based on what criteria are you considering Uncrowned's response an over-explanation, and why does that make him scummy, in any case?

VOTE: Flea

Fidget going out of there way to explain their read on uncrowned as pretty null, and then voting a player on the wagon seems weird to me. Like they didnt want to commit to TRing Uncrowned long term, but still wanted to treat the wagoned player as if they were town.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #34) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:01 pm

Post by Grendel »

eh sure, why not

Vote fidget

-/-/-/-/-

I could also vote Jesse, 15, maybe Jake (Though Jake almost seems like they are being anti-town on purpose)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #35) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by Grendel »

*@GrayICE*

you said you saw a town tell from 15's first post. What was it?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 468, MathBlade wrote:
In post 461, Grendel wrote:If i was scum and these were my buddies you think its likely was as a whole would join the same wagon on mark?
^^ This sentence doesn’t make grammatical sense. I don’t know what you’re asking here.
when you were catching up you were pushing a team of Uncrowned, Not 15, and I. It was weird b/c you were citing us all being on marky mark togather as reason for the team. Usally mafiaso's diversify their stances as much as possible. You disagree with that?
In post 469, MathBlade wrote:
In post 462, Grendel wrote:*@Math*

what reasons did you have for town reading Marky mark beyond wagons analysis? Is it gut?

im not sure what my read on him is currently
I have played with Marky Mark recently and this seems like his town game from Yellowstone. There is a bit of gut but more a meta read. I also dislike your “anyone who scumreads Mark I scumread” assertion. People can disagree with me and be town. That’s slimy.

I kinda think Jessee Grendel is a thing. I don’t like how people are just sheeping. Grey ICE seems town but others actions around him may make him scum. Kinda thinking Jessee Grendel Uncrowned and maybe Grey?
You can walk me though your meta read on Marky if you want.

Well who out of the players that have had a scum read mark are within your TRs then?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 473, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 461, Grendel wrote:I think that being possessive over the game state D1 like GreyICE has been is generally a townie trait.

Math is similar, tho i do do see potential ulterior motives for where they are going with things.
What's the difference between the two slots in this sense from your POV?
They way Math is handling my slot is weird. I feel like it could come from a pro-scum source.

Whereas i think the possiveivness from Gray seems unlikely to have an agenda rn. He looks like town doing his own thing.

What are your current thoughts on math?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Math

Well if I can ill check out yellowstone.

Why did you use "slimy" as a descriptive of my play multiple times?

Yes i do have a reason for asking that
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #39) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 530, Vaxkiller wrote:Mistx has ascended. Welcome to god-hood. You are now perma town.
In post 531, MathBlade wrote:
In post 530, Vaxkiller wrote:Mistx has ascended. Welcome to god-hood. You are now perma town.
I can go with a you, Me, Mistyx block.
Sorry if im missing something obvious, but why is Mistx town?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #40) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 545, MathBlade wrote:
In post 543, Grendel wrote:
@Math

Well if I can ill check out yellowstone.

Why did you use "slimy" as a descriptive of my play multiple times?

Yes i do have a reason for asking that
That’s the word I could think of at the moment and I was watching a dog video where the dog had a chew toy in its mouth and was slobbering everywhere? Certain things seem slimy/scummy so I guess that?
Ehh, maybe you're just town, and i am being paranoid.

I used to have an old scum tell relating to types of negative adjectives I saw scum using to spin their cases. I went to look at some of my old games, and i nearly died from the pretentiousness of 2016 me. I'll just assume I didnt know what i was talking about. :skull:

-/-/-/-

I read those posts and im not really feeling convinced on mistx's alignment yet.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (isolation #41) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Post by Grendel »

@GreyICE

I dont think that Math missing my full thought processes on Prokens, but continuing to push it anyways, is outside of their town range. Math is a stubborn person in general i think. You've played with Math before, im sure you can agree with that take right?

-/-/-/-/-
In post 518, MathBlade wrote:The way I see it is:

You keep pushing stupid >> You are elimmed win/win because you failed your BoP.
You back off >> We get associations if you’re scum and if you’re town you smell the BS in your argument and see where the motion goes
Im pro- lets not have you and Gray 1v1 today. I think you're both probably town, that it will distract from finding actual scum.

-/-/-/-

pre-edit

town: Vax/Math/Grey

I dont have a concrete scum bloc yet. I didnt check for assossitives but Fidget, Not 15, and Chipfilk are my top scum reads
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #42) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 551, Jesse Pierce wrote:As for the game,
Grey town
Math scum
Chkflip town
Grendel null
Marky scum read happened before I finished catching up. His later posting was clear town flail and anyone that doesn't see it isn't paying enough attention or is scum.
Curious why you included a null read for me

Also Chip is town why?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #43) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:31 am

Post by Grendel »

Guitarist mafia modded by the baker
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #44) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

@GAmma and Gypyx

im voring fidget rn
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #45) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by Grendel »

voting*

omg, im also drinking so forgive lol

am sinner of a thousand sins

-pre-edit - ahh, ok
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (isolation #46) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 572, MathBlade wrote:
In post 558, Jesse Pierce wrote:
In post 556, Grendel wrote:Guitarist mafia modded by the baker
That was worded bad but the meaning is clear.
I would say poke Jessee and Grendel.

Seems odd the Jessee slot commented on what Grendel posted saying the wording is bad but the meaning is clear. How is this true and why did Jessee feel the need to say this.
I;d like to hear about this observation from Jesse too
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #47) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 557, Jesse Pierce wrote:
In post 554, Grendel wrote:
Grey town
Math scum
Chkflip town
Grendel null
Marky scum read happened before I finished catching up. His later posting was clear town flail and anyone that doesn't see it isn't paying enough attention or is scum.

Also Chip is town why?
I dislike most of your posts to a very high degree but giving out a scumread will cement that and get me tunneled because I think it's just play style clash.
He seems pretty towny.
yeah, im v fimilar w/ getting SR'd for play stle reasons. Happens most games w/ me haha.

I think this insight might make you town actually. Town don't openly think of reasons of reasons player they wanna SR cant be scum. AT least i try NOT too.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #48) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Grendel »

D1 end in the next few days, we should start consolidating wagins soon.

IM good moving to uncrown rn

I dont have any open reason to SR them, it mores that i have a lot of other players that i think are more net town, or at least net neutral. meanwhile Uncorwned doesn't fit in with those, and I dont see a reason to pull away from there lately. prevous SRs also fit into that bloc.

Could also vote Jakewolf if i had too.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #49) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by Grendel »

I must sound like Hoopla's D1 methology of "Hey if they are a leading wagon and aren't a town read just vote them off, its fine" lol

but only less than half the roster has show up as more likely town then not via action thus far. So remiaining no acitvers fall into PoE.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #50) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by Grendel »

VOTE: Uncrowned
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (isolation #51) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 603, MathBlade wrote:
In post 602, Marky Mark wrote:Playing D&D atm over discord but will jump on here after. Skimming, Jake is probably a jester
Jesters are bastard on MS. Doubt this is a bastard game.
Could be some other role that benefits from being flipped?

Like vengeful or something
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #52) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 615, MathBlade wrote:
In post 613, Grendel wrote:
In post 603, MathBlade wrote:
In post 602, Marky Mark wrote:Playing D&D atm over discord but will jump on here after. Skimming, Jake is probably a jester
Jesters are bastard on MS. Doubt this is a bastard game.
Could be some other role that benefits from being flipped?

Like vengeful or something
Maybe but at this point why care?

If Jake is vengeful town then he probably has a scumread he wants to elim.
If Jake is vengeful scum then we gotta do it anyway?

Like I am okay with yeeting him even if so but it’s unlikely.

Someone vengeful I don’t think plays like Jake has. We should be focusing on an elim.

Any particular reason you don’t wanna vote Jake even after offering?
Ok, ok, I get what you are doing. Im low-key your biggest SR, and you're trying to see where I will and wont push to hunt for assossitives. Like, youre v clearly town in the way you are trying to game solve here. But none of this scum buddy hunting w/ me as your sorting tool is useful long term when you eventually realize im town. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Im ok sheeping you on any player that I dont have a reason to TR. (FTR i missed your initial vote)

VOTE: JaketheWolfe
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #53) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:33 pm

Post by Grendel »

Then I'll work with you best i can.

I know you have some flaws a player, but imo i always thought you had a lot of really good traits that more then make up for any shortcomings. (Also not like im a particularly skillful player, you're better then me in a lot of regards). I liked playing with you in the past, and im glad to have another chance to do so. I'll just have to play harder to prove im town is all.

What was Gray's scum slip?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #54) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by Grendel »

Math, do you have any experience with town!chickflip playing like he has this game? Is he able to hit all the notes of his abrasive nature as scum in the past?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #55) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 605, GreyICE wrote:Okay I've got thoughts.
I reckon saying this w/o follow-up could be a PT-slip

Like Scum not realizing they posted something in thread p and not engaging with it b/c of it.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #56) » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:50 pm

Post by Grendel »

If Grey flips town were do you go from there? and if he flips red where do you go from there?

-/-/-/-

I will have to check out chickflips scum game sometime on my own time soonish then.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (isolation #57) » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

not really feeling the grey wagon. I still think Porkens early day reaction to flavor stuff was town looking.

I can do jake, Jesse, Not 15, Chikflip, probably fidgets empty slot too. So many scummy looking low info slots this game... -.-
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (isolation #58) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 657, chkflip wrote:It's fucking cute but I'm eh-not here for it guy.

Speellllll

Mmmmyyyyyy

FUCKING

NAME

CORRECTLY

INSIGNIFICUNT

K

K

THANKS

Now fuck off with that purposeful spelling my name wrong, yeah

Yeah

Because it's childish

More childish than not inserting periods to get around a silly technicality in my post restriction

And this is the ONE AND ONLY boys

chkflip

Stop acting like it's hard

Thank you

Fuck
It really got under your skin to that extent? :0
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #59) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 659, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Kop

Slot hasn’t played since replacing in. Anyone wanna do this? We have one day people.
If you can construct a bigger wagon there then on Jake then sure

Jake is probably best way to go since they are determined to be anti-town. Werent you youself arguing in favor of that a page or two ago?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (isolation #60) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 662, Flea The Magician wrote:problem I'm having rn is I can see this being town!math.

Literally a Mr Meeseeks of town play... I can't see him doing something like this as scum because it's just so damn out of place...

Keeping my vote there though because AAAAA
Please move your vote else where then
MathBlade wrote:
In post 661, Grendel wrote:
In post 659, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Kop

Slot hasn’t played since replacing in. Anyone wanna do this? We have one day people.
If you can construct a bigger wagon there then on Jake then sure

Jake is probably best way to go since they are determined to be anti-town. Werent you youself arguing in favor of that a page or two ago?
Why do you want Jake over a non poster like Kop?

Hmmm Grey, Grendel, Kop?

*puppy dog eyes watching you for any sort of hopping on*

C’mon Grendel
You're having me vote hop every other post Math lol.

VOTE: kop

What do you think of not 15 atm?

Ill take your word for it that you see a town agenda behind Jake for now
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #61) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Grendel »

I was really excited for this set-up for many reasons. I'd like to keep going, and if the roster does as well then I promise to play my ever loving heart out the rest the game.

I was having trouble with some offsite games at the start of this game. But I'm basically done with those and can dedicate more time this soon.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #62) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 683, MathBlade wrote:
In post 679, Mistyx wrote:i have no preference either way

i wouldn't mind continuing to play but i don't want to hold the rest of the game hostage
This.

Also if I make it unfun sorry :(
I cant speak for others but im glad you're here

-/---/-/-
cassowary wrote:I wouldn't mind continuing to play either! But if other people don't want to then I guess we can do a draw :(

Idk what's up with this, people are just dropping like flies. Maybe because it started late people had other stuff start in the meantime? But, like, dang, guys.
I want too!

yes, we hemorrhaged some players early on, but the game doesn't have to end! D:

-/-/--//-/

lets try to find a flip, D2 will be better, Role madness basically garntees something interesting happening tonight!
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #63) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:14 pm

Post by Grendel »

I can stay on kop, and I could be convinced to join on jesse, outside of those two I could also support not 15, and chkflip. Jake I guess i support too, im not sure what Math was seeing there.

im opposed to anybody outside of those 5.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #64) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:20 pm

Post by Grendel »

Anybody not voting one of these five, or not voting at all, need to change their vote nest they visit their thread. We can't assume we'll get an extension so quick consolidation is really important if we want to get a flip today.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (isolation #65) » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:31 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 671, Kop wrote:
In post 649, Mistyx wrote:jake really shouldn't be getting a pass because he's acting like a jester!!!!

it's an easy scum tactic to avoid suspicion, he's just creating wifom to try to divert suspicion
I'm not fully up to date with what's been said in the past. But I can agree with this statement.

In a slightly different scenario to this, I know someone who claimed he was scum and was pushed a bit, he said he was just joking and it later turned he was scum.

It could be possible here.
In post 640, Flea The Magician wrote: VOTE: MathBlade unless Jake wants removing then *shrug*
In post 444, Jesse Pierce wrote:Naked votes generate discussion whereas your wall posts just drown people out.

VOTE: Mathblade

I'm keeping my vote here unless I see some town traits soon.
In post 643, Vaxkiller wrote:VOTE: grey
In post 670, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
I'm not determined to be anti-town.
you 5 need to make a fresh vote next you swing by.

Gray and Math arent options today, sorry. Look into the pool i previously outlined, thanks.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (isolation #66) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Grendel »

Jake/kop should claim next time they are on the thread.

How many hours are left?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (isolation #67) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Grendel »

Ughhh, we only have a couple hours left guys

VOTE: Jake

I think that's 6 on Jake.

I'm at work but I'm trying to keep an eye on the thread.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #68) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:16 am

Post by Grendel »

Guys?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (isolation #69) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Grendel »

Vax come bax!

Zeus assistance is needed.

Only got like 15min left lol
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (isolation #70) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Grendel »

Welp, I guess abstain is it then. What a pain.

If Jake is scum then folks lurking out eod look super bad tbh
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #71) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Grendel »

Flea might be scum stright up.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (isolation #72) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Grendel »

I hope I don't die tonight becuase I demonstrate a reasonable level of WIM today. That would hurt. I just wanted to see the setup play out guys. X(
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (isolation #73) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Grendel »

I'm reluctant to out reads on Cass this early but I'm inclined to think she is town. This coming from a guy who has a neat perfect record reading her.

-/-/-

Did we get an extension gamma?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #74) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 719, Marky Mark wrote:WIM?
Wim is "wants it more" it's used to describe the level of investment in the game at hand.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (isolation #75) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Grendel »

How many slots need filled?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #76) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 728, Marky Mark wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: uncrowned

I think there's technically been a hammer on Jake, although I
wouldn't have voted him if I'd known that we would get an extension
I thought we reached E-1 on jake
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #77) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Grendel »

Wait yeah we might have reached hammer. 8s majority, and I think we got 8
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (isolation #78) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Grendel »

ahhm something like:

Strong Town: Math, Vax

Town lean: Gray, Cass,

null: Flea, Marky, mistx,

Null but i dont care if they get flipped rn: Uncrowned, Jesse, Not 15

Scum lean: Kop, Jake, chkflip

-/-/-/-

reads could stand to change a lot w/ flip. Also no, i havent been looking a lot into associatives. I usally dont do that much D1.

What are yours?

-/--/-/-

pre-edit

*@JakeThewolf*
Yeah, tbh, if i did this day over I would've gotten you into claiming range several days early so that we would've had the time to access claims, and had time to move elsewhere if needed. Its hard to do that when time is v limited.

Do you have legacy reads?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (isolation #79) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

Issue w/ doing flavor claims now is that Vax's role is public. If mafia's factional kill could be affected by his modifier then the mafia who preformed the nk will obviously use fake flavor here. I kinda wish i supported Vax's push for mass flavor claim yesterday, we theoretically would've catched scum or narrowed PoE quite a bit today. :/

-/-/-

what is the good news, Mistyx?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (isolation #80) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

I dont have... well worded thoughts per the new flips. I have to think on a couple things.

-/-/-/-

pre-edit

Thats factually true and not just an observation? (Is it safe to ask how you know?)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (isolation #81) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

MATH IF I WAS A PASSIVE TOWN PR YOU DO REALISE THIS WAS A TERRIBAD MISPLAY TO OUT YOUR ROLE HERE RIGHT????!

Whatever. I claim town aligned role with kill power and kop last night as my target.

I'm not elaborating on the specs of my role bc I don't want mafia to know if I can kill agian or not, or the circumstances I can.

Math was ethier rb by scum or is gambaiting out of his mind RN. I don't think this play is made by scum math ever.

I'm just at break on work I'll see what other thoughts I can get together once I'm home.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (isolation #82) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Grendel »

Players assuming this is a stright up guilty when there's plenty of room where where it's just not look really bad RN
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (isolation #83) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 864, MathBlade wrote:
In post 863, Grendel wrote:MATH IF I WAS A PASSIVE TOWN PR YOU DO REALISE THIS WAS A TERRIBAD MISPLAY TO OUT YOUR ROLE HERE RIGHT????!

Whatever. I claim town aligned role with kill power and kop last night as my target.

I'm not elaborating on the specs of my role bc I don't want mafia to know if I can kill agian or not, or the circumstances I can.

Math was ethier rb by scum or is gambaiting out of his mind RN. I don't think this play is made by scum math ever.

I'm just at break on work I'll see what other thoughts I can get together once I'm home.
If you were town with a passive PR you’d be conf town and just lock you in as town for reasons then Suicide claim if you were ever ran up. I also don’t believe you killed Kop.
They were in my poe?!
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (isolation #84) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Grendel »

MATH ahhhjjhhh if this is a gambit then stoppp
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (isolation #85) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Grendel »

Then scum rb'd you
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (isolation #86) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 867, MathBlade wrote:Strike that you could have for balance reasons I think you’re vig hunting or scum vig.
If i was scum i wouldve cliamed a passive role.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (isolation #87) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Grendel »

Whats the point of trying to draw the vig out lol. They would just shoot me tonight if i were lying
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (isolation #88) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Grendel »

MATH you were widely trd its not crazy for you to be a scum th target. In fact it's quite likely
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (isolation #89) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

I was at work and was only able to focus on what was most immediately happening

Yes i plan to do reads and game slove. I can do that when i get home tonight
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (isolation #90) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Grendel »

also i thought about it some and its mechanically correct to flip me so im not going to stress so much about preventing it. Im not mathematically inclined to know the percentile chance that a another role interfered w/ Math's result, but its def so unlikely that its not safe to flip elsewhere intsead of me. Even though thats basically what had to of happened. :dead:

I do ask that im given enough time to process the game to a satisfactory degree. If ya'll could so that for me then thanks. I think i was put to E-1 or 2 the other page.

inb4 cassowary says something about me saying something similar once before when i was guiltied as scum lol.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (isolation #91) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Grendel »

Math im not worried about sorting. Hes obviously town here motivation wise.

-/-/-

Chickflip/titus

still one of my strongest SRs.

Chickflip play yesterday screams, “IM trying to do the bare minimum to slip under the radar”
In post 373, chkflip wrote:VOTE: Fidget

GreyICE is eh-likely town. I will follow this. And no I probably won't get into this game with a re-read today. Two new peeple will refresh me enough I theenk.
Grey Ice being the only player chkflip consistently has a TR on makes me think they aren’t scum together. Usually scum hold top town spot in reads for actual townies

Speellllll

Mmmmyyyyyy

FUCKING

NAME

CORRECTLY

INSIGNIFICUNT

K

K

THANKS

Yeah

Because it's childish

More childish than not inserting periods to get around a silly technicality in my post restriction

chkflip

Thank you

Fuck
Really fake looking over blown reaction to me misspelling his name. Tonally dissonant from the rest of the ISO. He was trying to play into the town game I had pervious exp w/ imo. Since I was one of the folks most vocally saying his play wasn’t v reflective of my pervious encounter with town him.
In post 753, Titus wrote:I'm going to be busy the next couple days but I'll hope in soon thereafter
, I don’t know if flavor is handed down from one’s slot to sub. If it is then titus not having a Post restriction now after Chkflip went all yesterday with one looks really bad imo.
In post 851, Titus wrote:
In post 848, Dannflor wrote:honestly I wish you had held the guilty in your pants long enough for more people to post / wagons to form

would have been informative
Me too, particularly given Math knows I'm a VCA player.

I'm not ruling out a bus because of how Math played this. It's unlikely but still...
that last line looks is an attempt at faking town paranoia.

Flea

Not sure. I think they are scum one moment, then they say something and im like, “oh that makes sense for town to say.”
In post 769, Flea The Magician wrote:Honestly I;ve been struggling to develop many decent reads at this point, much to my own annoyance, I like to have at least 3 in my POE, 1 locktown and 2 probstown at this point.

If I catch something I don't like, I'll go all in on it, it's a bad habit of mine.

You know I dont drop reads lists math, I got fed up of being asked for them in every game and made it a thing to just outright refuse to make them. Honestly if people wanna sus me for that, thats on them. They get no tea or jaffa cakes.
indivudistic desire to do what they want with out caring what others think. It runs contray to scum nature to try and appease/avoid conflict. There are several posts like this.
In post 799, Flea The Magician wrote:I know I'm scummy af :) I have an ability that gets increasingly anti-town as time goes on, I've softed my flavour, do as you will :P
Scum aren’t likely to be open handed about having a role with anti town affects. Whether its their real role, or a fake claim.
In post 835, Flea The Magician wrote:I mean I'm kinda game for it at this point as it's kinda locked you in 1vs1 as TvS so one of you is lying, and I've known you make some ballsy plays before Math, including an outright pocket on me
This is a BAD post. Scum love forming mutually exclusive relationships where there are none.

Idk more I think on it more I think flea is just town. That hinting at having an a potentially neg utility role long term is so bluntly town minded. 1)scum wouldn’t fake claim neg utility after D1 window closes 2) if mafia does have a role that’s clearly negative utility then they just… wouldn’t claim? lol
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (isolation #92) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

Jesse pirece could be scum.

Spoiler:
In post 394, Jesse Pierce wrote:Marky is a counter to Uncrowned.
VOTE: Uncrowned
What will happen? Stay tuned for the next episode.
if mark and uncrowned were a TvT then Jesse is pretty opportunistic D1 imo

Also mathblade takes look really bad. Math was pushing uncrowned, who Jesse was SRing much of D1. Was Math just straight up bussing his buddy via Jesse’s PoV? If he was then Jesse never mentioned it.
In post 557, Jesse Pierce wrote:
In post 554, Grendel wrote:
Grey town
Math scum
Chkflip town
Grendel null

Also Chip is town why?
I dislike most of your posts to a very high degree but giving out a scumread will cement that and get me tunneled because I think it's just play style clash.
He seems pretty towny.
reads are just polar opposite from a lot of what I was seeing D1 tbh. Could be town… but idk, feeling wary there.

-/-/-/-
Uncrowned

Spoiler:
In post 155, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 122, Marky Mark wrote:Uncrowned on the other hand, rocks up, votes for me, and contributes 0 to the conversation. Just does not help us move the game forward
or find scum, which is ofc lined up with scum's motives
This is wrong.

Assume you're scum here. Doesn't this entirely ruin your premise?

What if I told you I was joining in to get a reaction from you? To force you to generate content you may not have been willing to do without added motivation?

Now we've seen how you react - and it's not a good one. This line in particular is over-explainy.

"Which is ofc lined up with scum's motives"

But is it really? You're making the assumption that scumcrowned would think it's plausible that you'd get quicklimmed, which doesn't happen often, especially with this number of players. Then I'd also have to bank on nobody suspecting me when it came to my vote, which was self-claimed sheep. Do you think in a 14 player game there is any scenario where I win here as scum if you get elimmed?

No, not really.

The fact of the matter is this: My vote was NAI. I could and would do it as either alignment. I could wine and be self-biased and say it's ever so slightly more town indicative, but only people with decent experience of my play would get that so it's pointless.

My senses tell me one of the people discrediting me for this vote are trying hard to get early towncred. I don't believe multiple scum would take the exact same approach on my slot, so I'll assume there's only one scum in there for now.
maybe im just drinking and that’s why I feel like this. But this is way more defensive then I recalled it being. Really all the “WhY wOuLd ScUm Do tHiS” posts bother me a lot more.

Like I’ve gone though most of Uncrowns posts and the reads take 2nd place to his defending himself. Hrm.
In post 303, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 298, cassowary wrote:This is fair. I was legitimately concerned though bc the last game I played on MS we had a couple days end extremely early due to quickhammer which scum claimed was miscounting votes and just a straight up troll-hammer from a townie, so I thought I'd quickly post that as I noticed it so as not to let people go 'oh, I didn't realize we were at L-1' or whatever as an excuse for quickhammering a townie.
This is reasonable.

As for the meta thing yeah I forgot I said that to you. Fair.

The lack of activity in this game is kind of increasing my feelings of town!mark to an extent because I think if there was scum involved in this there'd be more activity in general trying to shift the wagon.

It's either that or there's a whole lot of people who are busy atm. I'm more willing to bank on the former

gonna reread the earlier pages when i can to get an idea of where to push next

UNVOTE:
looks scummy yea
In post 777, Dannflor wrote:I pretty strongly town read Grendel

idk how to read the chkflip slot to be honest
if I were scum this is how I would treat scum buddy chkflip.
In post 809, Dannflor wrote:
In post 808, Marky Mark wrote:For the benefit of those who have just joined us, they pushed me and then tried to back it up with the very damning evidence of me saying 'please' and 'mate'. Go ISO them - it's an entertaining read.
this definitely sounds like something scum does
Marky marky, and others later clarified this was normal behavior for him. Shrug/

-/-/-/-/-

Marky mark
looks town via association to players im not town reading. Im not even gonna bother to dig through his iso rn

-/-/-/-
Not 15
is a scum lean. His TR on me looks informed. I don’t think I was obviously townie to a town aligned player early to mid D1. Plus classic scum play is to have one really strong TR that you lean on a bunch in thread. Looks like I was that TR for a Scum!Not15.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (isolation #93) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Grendel »

Cassowary

She is null. I outted a TR yesterday and I take it back. I don’t really have anything else to say about her. Shes null.

-/-/-/-

Mystix
opener about knowing the set-up sounds rand town think related to her role.

Its entirely possible for scum to out this info w/ no losses to themselves, but I think that scum wouldn’t think to do it. So unless Mystix is actually a really quirky scum player then she just town.

That’s all I have to say about her off the top of my head.

-/-/-/-

Porken/GreyICE

I feel less positive on the Ice town. Play wise he looks ok, but I feel like… nothing screams town to me? II’ve never actually played w/ gray but I feel that his bossy attitude is something he actually does as both alignments. I think I was town reading that yesterday, and I’d like to retract that. Besides that a single interaction w/ his predecessor that looks rand town is not enough to justify a Town read at this point.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (isolation #94) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by Grendel »

Scum team is Titus/dannflare/Not 15--- Jesse is also a scum read but he dosent fit with them I think. Atleast not with Dannflor.

-/-/-

Math, Flea, Marky, and Mistx are all town

Grey is a really weak TR

anybody left is null
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (isolation #95) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 880, Mistyx wrote:
In post 879, Grendel wrote:inb4 cassowary says something about me saying something similar once before when i was guiltied as scum lol.
?
referance to an offsite game where i said something similar as scum after being copped. Cassowary was scum w/ me in that game
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (isolation #96) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 884, cassowary wrote:
In post 879, Grendel wrote:inb4 cassowary says something about me saying something similar once before when i was guiltied as scum lol.
Yeah, although I didn't pay super close attention because I was scum with you that time. :p

I remember you did do something kinda similar where you were like "if I gave reads how seriously would you take them" or something haha
anyways, what are your reads outside of me?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (isolation #97) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 882, GreyICE wrote:
In post 863, Grendel wrote:MATH IF I WAS A PASSIVE TOWN PR YOU DO REALISE THIS WAS A TERRIBAD MISPLAY TO OUT YOUR ROLE HERE RIGHT????!
In post 865, Grendel wrote:Players assuming this is a stright up guilty when there's plenty of room where where it's just not look really bad RN
LAWL

No friend, no one gets out of guilties on day 2.

Big enough man to know when I was wrong.
I came to the conclusion that theres no point fighting my guilty today. I'll just play like normal until im flipped. Its extremely infuriating that the one that the one niche senecrio were im town in this world, ei the world scum role blocked Math, is the true one.

mechanically i am the correct flip. And theres not anyhting i can do about that
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (isolation #98) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 886, MathBlade wrote:I am not asking for me. I am asking for thread to keep content going so Grendel’s wifom will have to address it.

I am accepting the fact I will be dead and will not be crumbing my check.
Q, how likely is scum titus to direct scum to RB you?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (isolation #99) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Grendel »

Can somebody confirm to me if sub ins inheirt their predessessor's flovar?

B/C is they inheirt the pred's flavor then Titius is cuaght scum.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (isolation #100) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 881, MathBlade wrote:I am okay waiting for the wine.

It’s like I said Grendel is the elim.

People who town locked scum!Grendel are sus.

Assuming no fuckery,

Misty is practically obvTown (barring a scum vig flip). Slight chance of SK if lying but not group scum.
if i do flip town where do you go from there. I am contractually obligated to ask~
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (isolation #101) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Grendel »

Well Chkflip had a post restriction where they had to talk like Dextor. Titus hasnt done that at all.

So Chkflip was lying about having a post restriction
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (isolation #102) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 898, MathBlade wrote:
In post 896, Grendel wrote:Can somebody confirm to me if sub ins inheirt their predessessor's flovar?

B/C is they inheirt the pred's flavor then Titius is cuaght scum.
Flavor is a part of a role PM yes.

Explain.

I don’t I am prolly dead. And if I was roleblocked then I do another check see if I am roleblocked again or another person is.

If I live tomorrow will adjust there but I doubt it.

You’re writing for others not me.
If you wonder why i kept refing you a lot and enguaging you more then others this game its b/c i was excited to play with you+ you looked town+ you were posting a lot. Its not AI one way or the other for me. I would've sone similar as ethier alignemnt
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (isolation #103) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Grendel »

Also you put yourself in a postion were a lot of the game state is flowing though you both today and yesterday and thats not my fualt
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (isolation #104) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 181, chkflip wrote:Oh, were yoou the one who eh-disbelieved my restriction?

Eets not as exaggerated as I was in those first posts. It's actually only once every three lines I need an accented Dexter-like mannerism. It's actually really fun. And interestink. That counts. I can eh-do it less but I was just excited to see my fave kid cartoon picked.

You always so pleasant?
one every three lines Titus should be talking like Dextor. Where has she been doing that?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (isolation #105) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Grendel »

TBH i wanted to shoot Titus last night, but i was afraid that if she happened to be town then I'd robbed town of a really strong player over paranoia reasons.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (isolation #106) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by Grendel »

VOTE: TItus

vote me off today then vote her off tomarrow. Shes cuaght scum
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #107) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

I just explained it! Chickflip lied about thier flavor requiring they post like Dextor b/c Titus HASNT BEEN POSTING LIKE DEXTOR which if thats a requirement then she would have too

ughhhh

Just flip her tomarrow nomatter what ok?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (isolation #108) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by Grendel »

or if you arent here then whoever is town flip Titus tomarrow
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (isolation #109) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 22, chkflip wrote:WAT is this eh-NONNNNNNsense?

My studies show that there is nothing eh-RANdom about the game of mafia. I'm sure, however, that we will eh-GAther something from this all as long as that eh-PESKY DEEDEE doesn't get in the wheyyyy. Little seesters are the hWORst, eh? Love the sinner, not the sin.

Eh.

Random is not my thing. I am eh-DEXTER, child geeeeeenius at your eh-SERvice.
Yes this is a post resteiction
In post 181, chkflip wrote:
Oh, were yoou the one who eh-disbelieved my restriction?

Eets not as exaggerated as I was in those first posts. It's actually only once every three lines I need an accented Dexter-like mannerism. It's actually really fun. And interestink. That counts. I can eh-do it less but I was just excited to see my fave kid cartoon picked.

You always so pleasant?
In post 541, chkflip wrote:
In post 519, GreyICE wrote:sanctimonious fart sucking
:lol:

Come on, man. That's maybe eh-too far, no?

I'm trying and failing to get into this game, I truly am,
the restriction is fun
, the player list is good (and got better with replacements!) but for me to sit here exhausted af and try to do something with what y'all are giving me... eh. I just don't have it in me at this current moment. I'm not talking about replacing out so don't shoot down a rabbit hole that doesn't need shooting. Idk, eet just isn't clicking today.

My bad, y'all.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #110) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 909, MathBlade wrote:
In post 907, Grendel wrote:I just explained it! Chickflip lied about thier flavor requiring they post like Dextor b/c Titus HASNT BEEN POSTING LIKE DEXTOR which if thats a requirement then she would have too

ughhhh

Just flip her tomarrow nomatter what ok?
If I am alive I will sort her.
If you’re town talk to others.
You're literally the only one posting rn while im active.

Dosent matter b/c im correct flip tofday anyways. I'll talk to anybody/everybody im town reading as much as i want.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (isolation #111) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:06 pm

Post by Grendel »

*@all*

tell me your thoughts on Titus, Danfllor, Jesse, and Not 15
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (isolation #112) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 913, Titus wrote:Grendel seems to be doing mass spew. Throw out so much content that we can't determine who is scum with him. It won't work though.
You can discount it as spew rn but when i flip town you'll have a lot of explaining to do :lol:

also not going to address your absence of a posting restriction?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (isolation #113) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Grendel »

Wait, as a vig aren't i confirmable tonight no matter what?

B/C from ya'lls POV i was just baiting the vig, but if that is really what you believe then the Vigilante could just shoot me tonight. Or if you guys are paranoid of mafia having some protective power, (bc im suggesting this in the first place i guess), then i could submit a small pool of players I would shoot in as vig. If a second kill occurs outside of that pool then that confirms Im scum. If a player dies in that pool i summited then I am the vig like i was saying.

Are there loop holes im missing that scum could use to prevent this, or is it a decent idea?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (isolation #114) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Grendel »

No kill would also clear me since mafia would see fit to rb me b/c im out in the open. If i was able to get a shot off in the pool of players selected for me then i can snatch back town status. Its important to mafia to stop that from happening.

If i were lying scum then mafia wouldn't have the means to correctly ID real town vig outside of blindly guessing. SO in a world were im scum the town vig can basically always 100% guilty me at night.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (isolation #115) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 920, Dannflor wrote:Chkflip faking a post restriction isn’t alignment indicative

Look at FL vs Hectic
It felt like a much more open and shut case last night while i was drinking, but i still stand by my feelings that scum are more likely to fake a post restriction then town.

You can quote games where town faked a post restriction and im sure I can also find plenty of games where scum fakes a post restriction.

On my home site I have only seen it faked by scum tmk. I might have to fact check that
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (isolation #116) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Grendel »

Speellllll

Mmmmyyyyyy

FUCKING

NAME

CORRECTLY

INSIGNIFICUNT

K

K

THANKS

Yeah

Because it's childish

chkflip

Thank you

Fuck
Also nobody weighed in on the really weird tonal whiplash going on here. Chkflip has been p chill all day, then out of nowhere yells at me for spelling his name wrong. This happening after i repeatly said he was more abrasive in my previous exp w/ him when he was town. Looks like he was intentionally trying to play into his town game tonally after i called him out.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (isolation #117) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 934, MathBlade wrote:
In post 931, Grendel wrote:Wait, as a vig aren't i confirmable tonight no matter what?

B/C from ya'lls POV i was just baiting the vig, but if that is really what you believe then the Vigilante could just shoot me tonight. Or if you guys are paranoid of mafia having some protective power, (bc im suggesting this in the first place i guess), then i could submit a small pool of players I would shoot in as vig. If a second kill occurs outside of that pool then that confirms Im scum. If a player dies in that pool i summited then I am the vig like i was saying.

Are there loop holes im missing that scum could use to prevent this, or is it a decent idea?
Or if you’re vig then that sucks.

I don’t think you are though and risking it is stupid when you’re already pretty damn confirmed.

If you flip green we know there’s an rb and they block me or I die. Then rest of town knows there is an RB and can play accordingly.

If you’re red you’re asking me to let you kill another random Townie and quite possibly bring us to near elo if it’s 8 v 3 if you miss? I believe a vig shot Kop. If it’s you sorry. It’s getting to the point elims are more important than vig shots.
Yeah i understand its a risky suggestion from any town player's pov. I thought it was still worth mentioning when i thought of it
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (isolation #118) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 926, Flea The Magician wrote:hmm... I kinda wanna do my thing and just get it done with... but consequences...
if its anti town, and will only become worse with time then you probably use it at some point today.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (isolation #119) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Grendel »

*@flea*

Wait do you have to use this ablity? or can you sit on it prepetually?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (isolation #120) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Grendel »

Im starting to wonder more if Grey is scum

Also where is Jesse & Not 15 at? can we get a prod there?
@Gamma
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (isolation #121) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Grendel »

Titus ignoring my posts as just spew and not addressing anything is really bad. THo i feel like enough stuff is pointing towards Titus being scum that at this point that im not super worried about having compelling reasons for why she needs to be flipped in future.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (isolation #122) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Grendel »

Im pretty disappointed by the lower activity level from cassowary so far this game. I was actually really pumped about playing with her.

I think if she continues posting at this minimalist level, and reaches Elo, then this is probably scum!cass. Cass has limited exp randing mafia (only one completed game afaik), and her nerves get worse the farther into the game she goes. This manifests as her posting very minimally later into the game.

For now its pretty null behavior, tho im def not super happy with it. If she is town i think she'll pick up the pace down the road and start solving in a noticeable manner. I dont think SCum!Cass is at a point in her career where she can fake that portion of her town game. Which is why i decided to slip this meta rn, vs keeping onto it myself.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (isolation #123) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 927, Dannflor wrote:While I think you may be right on Titus, I don’t think Grendel’s actions D1 point towards him “definitely not wanting me dead”

I think it’s more likely D1 was two dueling town wagons and Grendel didn’t feel the need to lose any town cred by joining mine. Granted this is easier to see from my POV but yknow

I will say after rereading Marky Mark that the stuff I was scum reading him for seems to be fairly consistent tone / style stuff and might not be strictly AI

He just words stuff really scummily sometimes :p
If i was right in you vs Mark wagons both being town I will simultaneously be proud i ID'd it D1, and sad that i moved away from thinking that was the case today.

So you've read the room and said that Titus is scum, that's good. Talking theoretically about a world where i am town, who do you think her remaining two partners are?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (isolation #124) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 919, GreyICE wrote:Did anyone think Chkflip's post restriction was real?

Like, anyone?
I did my best to avoid thinking about his Post Restriction D1. Chkflip at nowhere says that he was doing it for fun tho. He played it off like it was mandatory. Titus saying nothing about it one way or another is just rand scum. Or do you disagree?

DO you also SR Jesse independent of me, or was the idea that Im flipping scum today the foundation of the read there?

What do you think of Not 15, and why are you TRing Uncrowned/Dannflor?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (isolation #125) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Grendel »

I'm actually a vig with a modifier that scum could exploit. Hence why I was coy about full claiming.

But yes kop was my kill. It was a combination of finding fidget scummy, and their sub in being a lurker at EoD. I felt like even if they were town at least it was a non-contributive town instead of an active poster
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (isolation #126) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Grendel »

Flea is just weird town
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (isolation #127) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 49, Grendel wrote:I think Vax's flavor being mentioned in the write up points to them being town crier? (E.i. a role that gets to post notes in the mod's flavor)
im curious what the push for flavor claims is about. Im inclined to TR Vax for it for reasons im not prepared to talk about yet.

Also curious why Porken/Mystix were both so evasive about role claiming if they both feel its non-ai here.

/-/-/-/-/-

My flavor is my namesake btw. Super stoked since the flavor of this game is loosely tied to a game on my homesite where I got Beowulf as my flavor. It all comes full circle.
:)
My flavor is Grendel from the epic of Beowulf. I basically claimed in the above quote, but as i expected the general population's knowledge on old texts is limited enough that this could basically be a crumb more so then an out right claim lol.

my night action is that i kill and eat a player each night phase. Which i guess sounds scummy, but functionally im just a vig.

I couldnt have targeted Vax last night. Grendel is a ground bound creature.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (isolation #128) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 981, GreyICE wrote:
In post 978, Grendel wrote:I'm actually a vig with a modifier that scum could exploit. Hence why I was coy about full claiming.

But yes kop was my kill. It was a combination of finding fidget scummy, and their sub in being a lurker at EoD. I felt like even if they were town at least it was a non-contributive town instead of an active poster
Pft no you didn't. F off.

Math are you done with the day so we can lynch this.
This will look really bad when i flip town

You never adderessed the post where i asked you stuff. Can you do that please?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (isolation #129) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 991, Titus wrote:
In post 989, MathBlade wrote:
In post 856, Titus wrote:Math would you be willing to check my biggest VCA suspect to help me out if scum kill Misty and not you? It's a long shot to say we'll both be alive so you can get your result to me, but I'm just asking here.
You’re a VCA player without a VCA on scum Grendel.

Titus give us a reason you shouldn’t be vigged if vig isn’t Grendel.
Grendel's pushing me as scum for not falling for his bait.
I don't upsell my VCA. I follow it when I can, but I'll never say VCA shows something when I don't believe it to be true.

I am working on reads but if I get vigged them's the breaks.
I was baiting you? where? :/
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (isolation #130) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 982, GreyICE wrote:Not personal Grendel, just you claimed a killing role in response to a day 2 guilty.

That's never NOT been the right thing to do with our vote in the history of mafiascum.

I truly wish you'd gotten the town role PM and one of our 'post two whole post and then flake' derpas got themselves a red one.
Actually i claimed like almost immediately after Math's false positive. You didnt have anyhting to say about it then. I wonder why that is.

You were reading the game weren't you? :cop:

Your desire to end the day phase asap is just rubbing me the wrong way the more i think about it.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (isolation #131) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 980, Dannflor wrote:Everyone thought my reply to Markymark’s case on the NK
15 slot was genuine, but actually I was being sarcastic. I didn’t feel the way Marky worded it sounded particularly like a scum case. I’m of the opinion that scum generally don’t intentionally misrep as often as people think they do. But now that I’ve gone back and read myself I think I was just still having trouble with markymarks style and I can see where he’s coming from, although NK15 is more null for me than anything else

To the rest of my reads:

Now I will say I Flea hasn’t done anything strongly town individually, but fae have had a consistently towny attitude towards the game in a lot of small ways IMO. I think fae fall into the camp of townies doing outrageous things

Am coming around on Markymark, in fact that read has reversed completely.

Liking Cassowary/markymark/mathblade/misty/flea as town

I believe that leaves Titus/GreyICE/Nk15/Jesse Pierce

Grendel is in his own category for now. Just btw I don’t think the emotion displayed, whether read genuine or not, is more or less likely to come from town than scum

I suppose the only in danger in letting Grendel live to get resolved by the vig is the world in which mafia have a protective role?

v not clear to me what the mechanical best play is. I don’t think we ever ask for a counter claim though
There will never be a cc b/c i am the real vig lol

why is Cass in your town bloc?

I agree w/ the rest there being town (Mark, Math. Mistx. Flea)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (isolation #132) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Grendel »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i want to but i also feel like not flipping me is dangerous long term.

Like if we are wrong on scum today then im getting flipped tomarrow 100% right? God...
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (isolation #133) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Grendel »

I dont know for sure man. I would guess Titus over Grey rn. But lately every post Gray makes just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm still ok being flipped since thats mech correct play. Espesssaly if it pins those two down. (plus i can avoid responsibility if im actually wrong here)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (isolation #134) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1001, Flea The Magician wrote:Absolutely stupid freaking question...

Potential SK?
Mistx said said there couldn't be a 3rd party this game. She prob has some role that interacts with set-up knowledge. I dont know that exact term for it.

Im just town here, not sk
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (isolation #135) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Grendel »

if i was sk i would just claim it since thats inline w/ Math's claim. I could beg to be leashed (Not great, but better then nothing), wheareas claiming town means i just get mech flipped.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (isolation #136) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Grendel »

Are you thinking im an sk but are afraid to say it aloud? lol

I'll just do whatever majority decides. I'd like to keep the day going as long as possible so I have more time to think and post.

If Jesse, and Not 15, site flaked i think I'll break my swear jar
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (isolation #137) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by Grendel »

Sorry you feel bad Titus. I would like to hear your reads when you feel up to coming back.

-/-/-/-/-
In post 1011, cassowary wrote:
In post 1010, cassowary wrote:I guess worst worst case scenario is that grendel is a scum vig and he shoots grey or titus or someone tonight at your urging, he goes "oh oops guess we were wrong" but manages to pass himself off as townie.
I left out a phrase here. I mean the worst case is that he shoots someone of your choice
but they flip town
, I think we have to vote grendel at that point bc he could still be scum, and then if he's town too we've just lost an extra townie to the vig and wasted a day miselim'ing him. So might be safer to just get rid of him today even if he's town :/
how likely do you consider that last case scenario to be in this situation?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (isolation #138) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:24 pm

Post by Grendel »

Yeah... idk its probably safer to just flip me today?

Unless we are on the path to nailing multiple scum the next couple days, im inevitably going to get flipped at some point i think. Only manner of clearing myself would be hitting scum tonight. Since scum probably could muddy the waters in day thread tomorrow if they role blocked my slot tonight.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (isolation #139) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

@GrayICE

Can you please respond to this?
In post 943, Grendel wrote:
In post 919, GreyICE wrote:Did anyone think Chkflip's post restriction was real?

Like, anyone?
I did my best to avoid thinking about his Post Restriction D1. Chkflip at nowhere says that he was doing it for fun tho. He played it off like it was mandatory. Titus saying nothing about it one way or another is just rand scum. Or do you disagree?

DO you also SR Jesse independent of me, or was the idea that Im flipping scum today the foundation of the read there?

What do you think of Not 15, and why are you TRing Uncrowned/Dannflor?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (isolation #140) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:13 am

Post by Grendel »

@gray

Why are you refusing to engage me?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (isolation #141) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1027, Marky Mark wrote:I guess someone has to have made the second kill. Scum vig is possible, although an uncommon role. SK also possible, but unlikely given mistyx's possible info/role, so some sort of town killing role feels v possible (also, why would scum kill fidget/kop when its an easy miselim for them to make)

The silence from such a role CCing makes me think there's a decent chance that grendel!scum here.
How does a lack of a cc mean I'm scum?

Isn't it usally the opposite?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (isolation #142) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1036, GreyICE wrote:
In post 1032, Grendel wrote:
@gray

No point. Anti-town to discuss anything with you, only gives your team information for future days.

We won't speak again until the post game.
I understand that mech makes me likely scum here, but it's not 100%. Talking in absolutes is a bad idea in general.

I'm just trying to slove RN. Is it that big a concession to talk to me about your thoughts on players beyond me?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (isolation #143) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1040, GreyICE wrote:Like, we just flipped a town roleblocker. Unless Gamma really likes dueling roleblockers in his mini theme, what are the odds that the scum "fuck with abilities so the town can't rely on them 100%" role is something OTHER than a roleblocker?

High.
Dueling role blockers is actually super common from the site meta this game is based on.

Cassowary can confirm this.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (isolation #144) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1052, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1049, Jesse Pierce wrote:I'm busy. Not reading all those pages closely but I from what I've skimmed, it's between Grendel and Math?
I think Math is scummier but depending on mech, that could change.
You should like read lmao.

I really don’t like this post.

Seems designed to avoid a prod dodge
If I'm being honest Jesse's post there sounds like it came from uniformed perspective.

I think scum would be talking about the claim stuff going on in PT, and that Jesse would know you're always town looking in this situation. I think town is more likely to miss that.

That being said it's probably the towniest thing i can a tribute to Jessie slot atp. Nothing else really stands out as town.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (isolation #145) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Grendel »

Actually if they choose not to nk Math tonight then scum might be hoping to see if paranoia of Scum math exists and if he is viable flip on future.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (isolation #146) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Grendel »

I kno hes not going to answer but im curious why Gray Tr's Cassowary. Cassowary could go ethier way for me.

-/-/-/-/-

@Math

I would save mass calim until a day before anticipated lylo. but thats just a general rule of thumb i carry with every game i play in
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (isolation #147) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:03 pm

Post by Grendel »

isnt there a good argument for flipping me today to ensure town get an extra flip next couple days?

hpw do we know mafia dosnt have counter measures to mass claim?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (isolation #148) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

MS dosent incorporate soup kills right?

I've never played a legit full role mandess here tmk
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (isolation #149) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1063, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1049, Jesse Pierce wrote:I'm busy. Not reading all those pages closely but I from what I've skimmed, it's between Grendel and Math?
I think Math is scummier but depending on mech, that could change.
Btw I think this post is scummy and makes most sense coming from scum if Grendel is town or SK
This is an intersting line of thought.

maybe dannflor is town?

at least he is steadliy making less sense as team mates to the players i am already scum reading
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (isolation #150) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:39 pm

Post by Grendel »

yea, i dont see anyhting in the set-up in op about soup. I think its safe to assume its a non-entity this game

A mass flavor claim should be fine then
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (isolation #151) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:40 pm

Post by Grendel »

jessie/Gray/Titus as the team

Thoughts?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (isolation #152) » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1106, cassowary wrote:I'm ok with the Titus wagon as well I think (not a huge fan of the contents of her posts, and still weirded out by the post restriction thing that I don't think she's even addressed), but I don't want to be the one to push her to E-1 yet.
In post 1100, Marky Mark wrote:Fwiw, I will see any attempt to elim today before coming up with a coherent plan to try and use Grendel's claimed vig tonight to clear him as both a quickhammer and scumclaim
If we're actually taking this possibility seriously I'd be down to try it as a weird gambit, but I can't really shake the feeling that it's just going to end with us needing to eliminate grendel tomorrow regardless.

I mean, possible scenarios:

Grendel kills target of our choice, they flip scum -> cool, grendel can stay, but what's the chance this happens with all the factors in play?
Grendel kills target of our choice, they flip town -> ??? I think we have to kill grendel
Grendel doesn't do anything -> maybe mafia RB or mafia saving role? or maybe grendel is scum lying about getting blocked. so what do we do here
Grendel kills someone else -> I think we have to kill grendel here too obviously, but problem is if there's some sort of redirecting role out there this is a way for mafia to force a miselim on town!grendel

I feel like these are the things we are going to need to address (as well as coming up with a target for grendel) if we want to make a plan on this and go with a different elimination today.
Beginning to feel like smartest action is for me to holster.

If mafia have redirects then they cant mess w/ me if i holster. Also sloves the cc issue b/c if there is another vig then a 2nd kill confirms im scum tonight. ALso holsetering prevents an early melo tomarrow.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (isolation #153) » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by Grendel »

if mafia didnt have some means for handling a vig i feel like I would've been flipped already atp

rb can be answer for this obviously, but im wary of then having more manipulative/blocking roles.

FOr instance i know scum busdrivers are common on my homesite.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (isolation #154) » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1093, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 1092, Grendel wrote:jessie/Gray/Titus as the team

Thoughts?
I am less sold on grey being scum than I was before - their recent posts have been ++ town. Titus/Jessie/<1 of NK15 | Dannfloor> is where my head is at rn
Well I'd definitely flip Titus, or jesse, over Grey rn
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (isolation #155) » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:49 pm

Post by Grendel »

i guess i dont have anyhting to say about the mass claim since i've already claimed.

I hope it works as a strat here.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (isolation #156) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1137, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1132, Grendel wrote:
In post 1106, cassowary wrote:I'm ok with the Titus wagon as well I think (not a huge fan of the contents of her posts, and still weirded out by the post restriction thing that I don't think she's even addressed), but I don't want to be the one to push her to E-1 yet.
In post 1100, Marky Mark wrote:Fwiw, I will see any attempt to elim today before coming up with a coherent plan to try and use Grendel's claimed vig tonight to clear him as both a quickhammer and scumclaim
If we're actually taking this possibility seriously I'd be down to try it as a weird gambit, but I can't really shake the feeling that it's just going to end with us needing to eliminate grendel tomorrow regardless.

I mean, possible scenarios:

Grendel kills target of our choice, they flip scum -> cool, grendel can stay, but what's the chance this happens with all the factors in play?
Grendel kills target of our choice, they flip town -> ??? I think we have to kill grendel
Grendel doesn't do anything -> maybe mafia RB or mafia saving role? or maybe grendel is scum lying about getting blocked. so what do we do here
Grendel kills someone else -> I think we have to kill grendel here too obviously, but problem is if there's some sort of redirecting role out there this is a way for mafia to force a miselim on town!grendel

I feel like these are the things we are going to need to address (as well as coming up with a target for grendel) if we want to make a plan on this and go with a different elimination today.
Beginning to feel like smartest action is for me to holster.

If mafia have redirects then they cant mess w/ me if i holster. Also sloves the cc issue b/c if there is another vig then a 2nd kill confirms im scum tonight. ALso holsetering prevents an early melo tomarrow.
If you holster there’s no difference between that and elimming you.
Then i guess you should just elim me :/

i mean, idk what correct play here is. If concencous is wrong about scum today, and i shoot incorrectly tonight then town just loses b/c i'll have to be flipped tomarrow, right?

whereas if im flipped then town gets two more flips.

As it stands I feel like im a highly liekly a liability after today.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (isolation #157) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Grendel »

we techincally have two shots for hitting scum between the flip today, and if i get a shot off. But i feel my shot is easliy comprimised. and im not super confedant about hotting scum today

I was a lot more confidant about titus/gray/Jesse, but now im not sure what/where is right
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (isolation #158) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by Grendel »

I still trust Flea/Mark/ Mistx/Math as town above all else, but everything else is swirling some

/-/-/-/
pre-edit i have a modifer, but i really cant say what it is
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (isolation #159) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Grendel »

the modifer dosent prevent me from shooting, so Im not gated tonight
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (isolation #160) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

What are we waiting for haha?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (isolation #161) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by Grendel »

also yeah, flipping me is just correct play. Its unfortente, but i dont feel like its a great idea to fight it
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (isolation #162) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by Grendel »

Why did you say you had town vibes from Cass, Math?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (isolation #163) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by Grendel »

sorry to hear that, im pretty tired out as well

Hopefully replacements happen soon, and things can get a move on
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #164) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1177, Marky Mark wrote:For those of you who have been active throughout or replaced in and engaged with the game - I love you guys and people like you make forum mafia worth playing :3
<3
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (isolation #165) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Grendel »

Starting to feel like Grey is scum again. spefically if mafia's team is limited in what they can do vs a vig, beyond blocking me tonight. his push on me today was really necessitated
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (isolation #166) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Grendel »

Im at a point where i dont know what correct play is for me here and am just hanging out to see what consensus thinks i should do/ what should be done.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (isolation #167) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Grendel »

i mean what would you do if red checked as town?

I think mech correct play is to flip me. But others have acted like its not so...
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (isolation #168) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Grendel »

The players voting you instead of me would fall into that category. I think marky mark, and flea are town. Danflar i have gone back and forth on.

I literally did a wall reads list days ago

pre-edit

well flea is definitely town imo, mark i could double check.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (isolation #169) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1194, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1193, Marky Mark wrote:Incidentally @Misty how is faking a post restriction NAI? What reason could a town player have for doing it?
that player in particular chkflip has faked a post restriction as town before

he just thinks it's fun
why did you wait so long to say so?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (isolation #170) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Grendel »

Titus calling my play today survivalistic is a testament into how little she has been following the game. I;ve said multiple times that im ok being flipped.

-/-/--

pre-edit

oh wow, i think i quoted that post and everyhting and i missed you reffing chkflip specially.

I still think Titus is scum tho
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (isolation #171) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Grendel »

Marky could be deep scum, but atm i still think he is really town looking
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (isolation #172) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Grendel »

Yeah i lobbed ideas for resolving my slot, but who wouldn't in this situation?

I wasnt like i stuck resolutely to those ideas. Mostly b/c i wasnt sure if any of them would actually clear me.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (isolation #173) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Grendel »

I have whats normally considered a confirmable town role. Ignoring that as an option to clear myself would be bad play.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (isolation #174) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

im not an sk, im just a vig

-/-/-/-/-

Mark's recent posts, and how much he has been vouched for me definitely does feel like it could be deep wolf material. Which is unfortente. Im not even sure why i was town reading him now off hand. I generally expect that in a situation like this one scum would try to diversify their stances best as possible. So Marky would be the one flying high here, and he'd have two buddies flying low. Or a buddy whose N/a (Jesse -.- )

What was the argument for Mark/Dann being scum togather? I think they arent scum together based off their D1 dueling wagons, but somebody siad they could be.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (isolation #175) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1036, GreyICE wrote:
In post 1032, Grendel wrote:
@gray

No point. Anti-town to discuss anything with you, only gives your team information for future days.

We won't speak again until the post game.
This confidence really sounded fake to me. idk if i said that before, but it does. I dont have a great way to explain it. But sometimes scum just say/react hyperbolically to situations in the thoughts that displaying this sort of confidence makes the up incoming flip easier to brush off long term.

Titus falls under a similar shade tho is distributed over the course of several posts.

Mark/Gray/Titus? that would be interesting
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (isolation #176) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

If i where to look through the lens of who was putting the most effort in trying to figure out what to do in this situation, being open to talking throughout the day... Dannfoar looks pretty town. Cassowary as well.

None of Pooky/Jesse have been present to do anything one way or the other today.

Marky mark trying to flip else where, outside my slot. Is possible deep wolf. Titus/Grey boiling things down to a binary are scum.

-/-/-/-/-

Town: Math/Mistx/Flea
Town lean: Dannflor/Cassowary

Scum lean: Pooky/Jesse
Paranoia read: Mark

Scum: Titus/Grey
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (isolation #177) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by Grendel »

Im starting to scum read Grey more the titus tbh

VOTE: GreyICE
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (isolation #178) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Grendel »

I dont necessarily think Titus/Grey are scum together. I think its a possibility worth acknowledging. But dont really have anything that points to it specifically.

I think that Titus mentioning that I should be worried about the players not scum reading me is interesting. I think that Titus wouldn't say that if Mark was her buddy. It seems like a set-up for a tunnel tomorrow on Titus's PoV. I mean i flip today and she comes in tomorrow swinging at Mark. afaik Mark is the only one openly saying that im town right? I guess it could also be a point against Cass/Dannfour teams with Titus as well. Tho im not worried about a world where Cass AND Dann are scum.

In a titus scum world i would just sub in Jesse/Pooky and Grey, as the next place to go.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (isolation #179) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Grendel »

Pooky is somebody to keep an eye on. I've heard from others and the bear himself that his scum game is flawless.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (isolation #180) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Grendel »

Why isn't holster correct play here?

Assuming I'm not flipped at EoD y'all should submit a pool to shoot in.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (isolation #181) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Grendel »

I shouldn't have to expend energy to say this but i've never seen scum fake a guilty D2 of a large game. Math is nearly conf town here.

Just saying this on case scum decide to wifom and not hit math tonight.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (isolation #182) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

I don't know what to make of greys trajectory, I think danflors claim is more likely to come from town then scum. By virtue of it coming out of nowhere when i was already viable flip for today.

My mod makes me easier to kill at night. I don't think that counts as gated but I'm not a vanilla vig any case.

I have more thoughts but I'm at work.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (isolation #183) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Grendel »

my modifier is that if im unable to preform a kill two consecutive nights in a row then i die. That does include role blocking, protectives, or if I just don't submit a kill.

So its like compulsive, but the modifier's name is "Starving" which im guessing Gamma made up for this game, as my flavor describes me killing and eating other players for food.

I understand that i offered to holster earlier, which runs contrary to the modifer. I was doing that in the hopes that mafia would wifom and not use a rb/someother manipulative role on me tonight. I had always planned to shoot unless directly told not too by majority at EoD.

-/-//--/

Out of curiosity, are most players roles like that? where its a common role but has a flavor twist?

My full role is called "Starving beast"

It occuars to me that if so then we dont need to worry about soup kills in future.

-/-/-/-

pre-edit

If i was an SK i would have outted MistX when she said this was a 11v3 -.-
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (isolation #184) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Grendel »

UNVOTE:

GreyICE's actions actully do line up with the sudden change in trajectory. Town always revaluates situation and context when something they intuitatied from another player ends up being differnt from anticipated, (Here being Danflor's crumbs). Scum might also do this for the sake of long con, but not as often as town. GreyICE is probably town.

Probably titus/Pooky/Jesse then?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (isolation #185) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Grendel »

Also i dont think that Grey/Dann go through the trouble to set up something as niche as Dann dropping crumbs, Grey pretending to catch onto those crumbs, Dann using those crumbs to pile onto an already widely suspected player, Grey comes in a trys to stop the 1v1.

So knowing that Grey isnt scum with dannflour means hes really really town looking. What scum tries to salvage to plausible mislims in such and aggressive manner? none i know of haha.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (isolation #186) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1405, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1397, Grendel wrote:my modifier is that if im unable to preform a kill two consecutive nights in a row then i die. That does include role blocking, protectives, or if I just don't submit a kill.

So its like compulsive, but the modifier's name is "Starving" which im guessing Gamma made up for this game, as my flavor describes me killing and eating other players for food.

I understand that i offered to holster earlier, which runs contrary to the modifer. I was doing that in the hopes that mafia would wifom and not use a rb/someother manipulative role on me tonight. I had always planned to shoot unless directly told not too by majority at EoD.

-/-//--/

Out of curiosity, are most players roles like that? where its a common role but has a flavor twist?

My full role is called "Starving beast"

It occuars to me that if so then we dont need to worry about soup kills in future.

-/-/-/-

pre-edit

If i was an SK i would have outted MistX when she said this was a 11v3 -.-
Pedit what modifier do you think Dan is?

He said his role was he had to guess the elim right

These really don’t sound like they mesh.
I dunno man, I thought that he haviing to pick the flip was atleast part of the modifer for dann.

I feeling like his he mistranslated his flavor as vig, but its actully some other kp tbh
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (isolation #187) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Grendel »

Does Dannflaor try to cc as scum here tho?

Like whats he get from that?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (isolation #188) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Pooky

Yes, i did submit Grendel as my flavor! XD
In post 1408, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:is this a troll claim

the guy is literally claiming to be some kind of hungry ass zombie SK and we're just letting it live? lololol what is this game
I actully claimed my role pages ago
Spoiler:
In post 993, Grendel wrote:
In post 49, Grendel wrote:I think Vax's flavor being mentioned in the write up points to them being town crier? (E.i. a role that gets to post notes in the mod's flavor)

/-/-/-/-/-

My flavor is my namesake btw. Super stoked since the flavor of this game is loosely tied to a game on my homesite where I got Beowulf as my flavor. It all comes full circle.
:)
My flavor is Grendel from the epic of Beowulf. I basically claimed in the above quote, but as i expected the general population's knowledge on old texts is limited enough that this could basically be a crumb more so then an out right claim lol.

my night action is that i kill and eat a player each night phase. Which i guess sounds scummy, but functionally im just a vig.

I couldnt have targeted Vax last night. Grendel is a ground bound creature.

Only new info is my modifer.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (isolation #189) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1411, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1409, Grendel wrote:Does Dannflaor try to cc as scum here tho?

Like whats he get from that?
SK death if he’s scum or the “townfirm” despite never vigging? Not sure

A lot of this I am just not sure of

I freakin hate this. Like I am a cop with a “guilty” and like I don’t see Titus role locking me but GreyICE doing it but the play says opposite and I am confused

Probably Titus + Pooky + ?
Yes this game is pretty wild i think. Shame Gamma had irl issues, i bet he'd be laughing at us all if he were here.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (isolation #190) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Grendel »

Pooky

In post 1341, Dannflor wrote:Okay I’ll just out my gate

I have to correctly predict the next day’s elimination and then I get a shot

It got randomized D1 because the prior player in this slot never selected and then I chose Marky Mark for today because he was my biggest scum read coming into the slot
In post 1342, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i have seen that as a scum role before
What was the role called?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (isolation #191) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1401, GreyICE wrote:Hmm.

Well if we're truly suspicious of Grendel it seems far more pro-town to have him not kill for two nights and then see what happens.
would that end up being a gg for town if we mislem next couple days?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (isolation #192) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1415, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:it was called a Bookie

in this game:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=83473
This is the first time i've heard of this role i believe. Huh.

Im curoius if there is offsite precedence else where, and if its mostly scum aligned. I might need to check that out soon.

Still really wild for a scum Dann to leave crumbs and then CC me. That would be very creative scum play for sure.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (isolation #193) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1424, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I can't believe you guys actually think a 3 v 11 game would get past setup review with

1 cop
2 vigs
1 oracle

this is some fantasy land stuff
Sorry to sound rly dumb, but why cant that be a thing?

Also im thinking that dann is kill power that isnt vig. At east by techincality
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (isolation #194) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

idk why pooky saying that there being mutiple roles that interact negitively w/ killing roles make the presence of killing rles less liekly?

If anyhting it makes sense for those roles to exist in conjuction w/ killing roles?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (isolation #195) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:23 pm

Post by Grendel »

I can do this VOTE: Titus
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (isolation #196) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Grendel »

looking at biggest mafia data bases I know of, (mafia scum, Universe, and EM) the first two list Bookie as a neutral role, EM doesn't have list bookie as a role.

Still standing by Dannflar's reaction to my claim as net town imo
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (isolation #197) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by Grendel »

urrf, i made myself some screw drivers tonight, and im feeling heckin tipsey

-/-/-/-

Town: Math, Grey, Flea, Mistx
Town i think: Cass, Dannflor

Left feild SR: Mark
Scum: Pooky, Jesse, Titus
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (isolation #198) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1432, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:deathblocker is a jail keeper no?
its jail keeper in a game if lots of kill power distribution :P

otherwise is more like a doc
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (isolation #199) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by Grendel »