Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4415 (isolation #200) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:40 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4413, morph the cat wrote:S_S is on our watchlist for today too.
I asked you how you were reading me a while back. Did you answer that? If so, I missed it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4416 (isolation #201) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:41 am

Mass flavor claim seems like it would likely create more problems than it would solve.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4420 (isolation #202) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:45 am

In post 4417, morph the cat wrote:We didn't, because we haven\t had time to sit down and think about it, if that makes any sense?

We've just been passively watching the past few IRL days.
Yes it does make sense.

I feel like you haven't been engaging with me as much as I'm used to, especially given ffery's recent (painful) experience with me. Maybe that's just an artefact of it being a larger game though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4421 (isolation #203) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:47 am

I'm not vibing with the Farkran scumreads. He doesn't feel like he's got any sort of agenda to me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4426 (isolation #204) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:58 am

In post 4424, Bingle wrote:I think you're reading too much into the strength of my scumreads here.

Until recently, my strongest scumread was a literal RVS case, and I'm of the opinion that Ircher slot is probably town atm. My read strength on you is "I can see you as scum if I squint."

I'm also paranoid I've been pocketed by both morph and shea (although probably not concurrently), but that's definitely not a priority for today. Flea is drifting closer and closer to faer remembered patterns from among us (Starting strong and dropping into meh) which was faer scumgame. I wouldn't oppose lims on Math or wheme either.
Fair enough. Of course, I can still make an argument why you shouldn't scumread that, and you can take it into account or not.

Out of curiosity, why do you townread morph? I've been having more trouble than I usually do getting a read on them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4435 (isolation #205) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:38 am

In post 4432, morph the cat wrote:Why do you think that is? I feel like we've put down a lot of AI stance and progression, even though we've intentionally stepped back for a few calendar days.
Well, to start, I haven't historically read you on your stances and progressions.

In the past, I've townread you based on you making a real effort to advance scumhunting and game solving from others as well as from yourselves. That's generally my go-to tactic for reading stronger players, because they tend to have their image and their stances down pretty well regardless of alignment.

I haven't been seeing much that I feel falls in that umbrella. (Of course, it's not that it isn't there, but I am not seeing it.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4436 (isolation #206) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:39 am

In post 4434, Sigmund wrote:I don't see how Scum!Fark could do more to save Anya in that spot.
I mean, perhaps not. But what he did was I think never going to turn the tide on its own... so I would bet that scum-Fark just does less to save Anya.

I don't have a ton of experience with him as scum, but iirc he doesn't have any issue with bussing if need be.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4438 (isolation #207) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:43 am

I mean, I put it in parentheses because it should be kind of a given that just because I can't find something doesn't mean it isn't there.

If you want to point to sections where you feel like you've done that thing I'm talking about, by all means feel free.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4441 (isolation #208) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:50 am

In post 4439, Chara wrote:reads kind of like you're covering your bases so you don't get called out if you're wrong about morph making a towny effort.
I mean yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. I don't want to be taken to mean something different from what I actually meant.

Unless you're suggesting that I'm scum who didn't bother to read morph's posts before levying that accusation, which would be pretty silly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4442 (isolation #209) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:58 am

In post 4440, morph the cat wrote:Is what we did with LLD on day 1 NOT the sort of thing you've been looking for?
Referring to the interaction starting circa ? If so, then yes, that is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

I'm sorry; I know it's hard to define. If you want, I can try to go back to previous games we've played to see if that helps me elucidate it better.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4586 (isolation #210) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:27 am

In post 4547, Dwlee99 wrote:Hello everyone! Does anyone want me to read all of the pages or am I good to pick up here?
I mean, if you're a masochist, then I want you to do it as you'll probably enjoy it. Otherwise, don't bother.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4702 (isolation #211) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:21 pm

In post 4695, morph the cat wrote:
SYNC ACHIEVED

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Something_Smart
...want to explain it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4822 (isolation #212) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:37 am

In post 4733, morph the cat wrote:What else besides our read of you do you think we have wrong?
Farkran should be higher, aside from that I don't disagree hugely with anything. I don't see Titus as locktown but I'm willing to accept that Cabd knows her better than I do.

Can you answer my question?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4823 (isolation #213) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:40 am

In post 4753, Bell wrote:Paragon of mafia hunters.
In a game with a D1 scum execution I'm not convinced that bad reads correlate at all with being scum.

In fact if anything going against the grain to scumread you is towny (unless you're scum, of course).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4824 (isolation #214) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:42 am

In post 1, unwnd wrote:2. On N0, everyone will start with 2 SP. SP is required in order to certain abilities. You need enough SP to do so. If you have enough SP, you may be allowed to use more than one ability. Everyone will gain 1 SP at the end of the night stratum (this does not count towards N0).
This seems to imply that it's not possible for a role to not have SP.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4826 (isolation #215) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:44 am

@people who know flavor (i.e. morph): is SP a mechanic in the game? Is Farmer a class that does not use it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4827 (isolation #216) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:46 am

In post 4825, Dwlee99 wrote:Can you clarify why that's relevant? A role could also have SP without ever using it by not having an ability that costs SP.
Because if NDMath had SP but could not use it, he would still be able to confirm or deny whether Titus had blocked him from gaining it. He claimed that he was unable to confirm or deny that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4833 (isolation #217) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:03 pm

In post 4831, Titus wrote:There was a fake guilty on me. I crumbed my actions. I asked Chara and NDMath to confirm. NDMath refused. NDMath got run up for being scummy. They claimed No SP then they claimed watcher.
More than this-- he dodged the question until I spelled it out in very clear terms, at which point he claimed that he was unable to confirm or deny Titus, but even then he didn't say why. That wasn't clarified until he claimed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4834 (isolation #218) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:05 pm

In post 4829, Bell wrote:However, I believe there are some innate abilities that don't require SP at all.
There are. STD and Toogeloo each had one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4835 (isolation #219) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:07 pm

By the way, I asked if unwnd if it was possible for a role to not have SP. They refused to answer, which is equivalent to saying that it's possible.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4839 (isolation #220) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:18 pm

Because watcher?

If NDMath is town then surely scum have some kind of counter for it.

Anya's flavor was Ninja but it doesn't seem like her role particularly countered a watcher? I guess kind of, because she could use her innate attack without being seen, but not the NK.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4849 (isolation #221) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:30 pm

In post 4847, Bell wrote:I’m very allergic to balance arguments with watchers.
There are clear ways to balance a watcher roll in this set up.
Yes, but it invalidates the argument that NDMath should be kept alive because his role is powerful, if that's what you were getting at.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4859 (isolation #222) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:46 pm

But bad does not mean scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4868 (isolation #223) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:49 pm

In post 4863, Titus wrote:NDMath's claim is not backed up by Sigmund. What are you talking about?
Well, it is, but just because he's a watcher doesn't mean he has to be a town watcher.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4871 (isolation #224) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:51 pm

In post 4867, notscience wrote:No, guillo was too uptight to be scum
Guillotina was pretty towny but I don't understand this take. Is it a meta read?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4884 (isolation #225) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:22 pm

Bell is notorious for having a night-and-day meta and like 16 people in this game can confirm that. Sorry.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4887 (isolation #226) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:25 pm

It's not a trust tell unless the person knowingly manipulates it, and admits as much.

And, not everyone is a perfect liar. Presumably if Bell were able to emulate his towngame effectively, he wouldn't have that meta.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4898 (isolation #227) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:40 pm

I mean, no offense to unwnd but this game's mechanics have been pretty unintuitive. I think if the mod intended that to mean that it was impossible for someone not to have SP, they would have clarified that when I asked.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4903 (isolation #228) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:52 pm

In post 4899, Dwlee99 wrote:As a mod I would never answer that question directly if it was directly impactful on someone's fake claim.
I would answer it iff I had already intended it to be public knowledge but what I wrote wasn't clear. If scum don't bother to ask if their fakeclaim is viable, that's on them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4905 (isolation #229) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:53 pm

In fact letting the gamestate impact whether you answer a question is arguably bastard because it's mod influence on the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4906 (isolation #230) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:54 pm

In post 4900, Bell wrote:Just went through discord talk with unwnd and I would like to clarify that he stated explicitly that he didn’t provide fake claims to the scum team at the beginning of the game.
This presumably means that at least some of the scum have roles they can reasonably claim
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4909 (isolation #231) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:56 pm

We played together in Smuggler's Port, right?

Were there any other ones? I can't remember any.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4911 (isolation #232) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:59 pm

Right yeah

I don't remember us interacting much in either game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4913 (isolation #233) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:00 pm

But I also wouldn't say that it's a towntell for me to be reasonable wrt mechanics, since I generally don't lie about that stuff as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4914 (isolation #234) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:01 pm

Except insomuch as me posting at all is very slightly +town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4934 (isolation #235) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:04 pm

In post 4677, NDMath wrote:I do not have SP.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4936 (isolation #236) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:05 pm

VOTE: NDMath
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4938 (isolation #237) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:06 pm

I mean, so will I.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4943 (isolation #238) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:11 pm

The post that I quoted contains his full claim. He appears to have claimed to only have the one ability (though I don't think he explicitly said that).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4951 (isolation #239) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:23 pm

Based on his earlier claim that he has a role-related reason for not knowing if Titus blocked him from regenerating SP, I'm assuming that he meant that he can't get or use SP.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4955 (isolation #240) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:28 pm

It's not just mechanics. There's a clear reason why he would act the way he did as scum, and there's a clear reason why his claim is suspect.

"Field" and "combat" don't have a meaning within the game, so I don't see why they'd have a slight difference that hardly matters most of the time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4966 (isolation #241) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:42 pm

In post 4956, morph the cat wrote:Cabd probably won't be around until later tonight (if then). He thinks that if there are roles that don't have an SP-enabled ability, both sides will have them. I've asked him specifically about the Farmer class and will post his answer if he can't himself.
Well, we know that there is at least one (and likely two) town roles that do not have SP abilities-- but that's not the same as not having SP at all. Though, Bingle does raise a good point, though I really wish he had waited to raise it till NDMath showed up.

Regarding your read on me-- I think I've interacted with you about as much as I usually do in a large. My interactions with you in Guardians were a high for a number of reasons; aside from the obvious ones (smaller game, individual reads more relevant), there's also the fact that I have a hard time telling you and Cabd apart most of the time, so it's hard for me to reach out to you specifically.

I'm honestly not sure why I feel that differently about the two of you given that most of my experience with you has been with both of you together. Maybe it's because I've known you longer (you modded one of my first games on the site).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4969 (isolation #242) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:43 pm

In post 4963, morph the cat wrote:One other thought from Cabd, he thinks there's a lackadaisical feel to the game design in terms of small details matching up. He feels like expecting consistency could be disappointing.
This is true.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4970 (isolation #243) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:44 pm

In post 4964, Bell wrote:If it were up to me I would elim Murderkitty during the day and just wait one night to see whether NDmath dies or not, because a watcher is a role that isn't going to live very long.
Scum probably have a way to counter it though...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4975 (isolation #244) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:49 pm

The ninja was a semi-counter; it did let scum do a personal attack without being watched, but it would probably have taken Anya multiple hits to kill someone, and in the meantime they can claim that they're being attacked and get healed. (Or they need to attack with someone else as well, but then the watcher can spot them.)

With all the power a roleblocker is likely yes, regardless of NDMath's alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4984 (isolation #245) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:35 pm

In post 4981, morph the cat wrote:If you're town, then I guess we're even on the feeling different for hard to define reasons bit.
Fair enough.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4985 (isolation #246) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:35 pm

I will be around to consolidate too, for the record.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5113 (isolation #247) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:40 am

In post 5055, morph the cat wrote:Town should really not be doing damage of any sort at nights.
I disagree with this.

For one, even if scum had perfect protection against attacks, it's still beneficial to take out scummy townies at night rather than during the day. (And then there's information based on who does/doesn't claim to be attacked.)

And for two, surely scum don't have perfect protection against attacks, even if they have some form of protection.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5200 (isolation #248) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:58 am

In post 5182, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Like everyone voting NDMath has to give me a good reason why those last 2 posts of mine and the past 2 pages of MC are town!MC, or get voting for MC. Seriously.
Asking people to find town motivation in a specific set of posts is silly. No townie makes towny posts all the time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5265 (isolation #249) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:21 am

In post 5251, morph the cat wrote:More or less still here.
Is this cabd-head speaking? Can you elaborate on why you scumread me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5509 (isolation #250) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:28 pm

In post 5503, Ircher wrote:I am claiming the Titus kill.
As in, you did some amount of damage to her, or you directly did lethal damage?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5514 (isolation #251) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi catboi

I hope we're on the same side this time :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5555 (isolation #252) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:56 pm

In post 5549, Bell wrote:It's just that the basics tell me at least one scum was off both wagons
excuse me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5560 (isolation #253) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:58 pm

In post 5556, Bell wrote:You're excused.
But you aren't.

Why couldn't all scum be on one of the two wagons?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5567 (isolation #254) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:01 pm

It is not.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5573 (isolation #255) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:07 pm

Bell:
In post 5560, Something_Smart wrote:Why couldn't all scum be on one of the two wagons?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5581 (isolation #256) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:11 pm

In post 5579, Bell wrote:*pokes* do you really think I'm incapable of math as either alignment.
...no? what does that have to do with anything?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5586 (isolation #257) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:16 pm

In post 5583, Bell wrote:I was just making something ridiculous up to pressure the new person on entry. Well, except for the other reason, since rep outs, are, you already know, more likely to be scum.
I do this pretty frequently.
Okay, that makes sense. (For what it's worth I think Firebringer prefers scum, so I'm not sure him replacing out is scum indicative.)

But, you can't really make up a nonsense argument and then scumread the person for pointing out that it's nonsense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5595 (isolation #258) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:45 pm

In post 5589, Bell wrote:I'm not, I'm scum reading him for how he decided to defend himself rather than evaluating my alignment himself.
I guess. I don't really feel like the natural town response to getting pressured upon replacing in is to evaluate the person pressuring you without any context or understanding of their arguments.

What exactly would you have expected? Something like "I don't believe Bell really believes this"? They wouldn't know whether it's reasonable or not for you to believe it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5615 (isolation #259) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:51 pm

That's... well I guess having one clear cat is less valuable than having two clears if Artemiana had lived. Maybe more useful than having a 1v1.

But I guess I can eat my morph paranoia now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5627 (isolation #260) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:56 pm

In post 5617, morph the cat wrote:Town needs to fucking sit on their hands and stop taking potshots at each other.
I mean obviously town should not intentionally shoot at town, but I think shooting at someone you believe to have a reasonable chance of being scum isn't a bad play.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5639 (isolation #261) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:01 pm

In post 5631, morph the cat wrote:Except it fucking is when mafia probably has a factional night kill AND 5 hp worth of chip damage to dole out when players are averaging about that in HP count, if not under.
We don't have to argue this further. I disagree, but I see where you're coming from.

Though I do agree that townies shouldn't be trying to hero shoot (for instance, shooting Titus when you had her as solid town was pretty bad, if Ircher is town). But for instance the NDMath shot was fine imo as if he'd lived he'd surely have just been a distraction today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5716 (isolation #262) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:54 pm

I wasn't neighborized last night, if that's what you're asking.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5727 (isolation #263) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:59 pm

In post 5717, Dunnstral wrote:Suspiciously specific?
I don't want to give away more information than is being asked for.

What exactly are you "suspicious" of?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5735 (isolation #264) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:03 pm

In post 5729, Dunnstral wrote:That you seemed to think they were talking to you specifically
Oh. No, the specific part was because I wasn't sure what exactly they wanted to know.

But I think it's kinda obvious at this point. Yes I am in a hood. I won't give any further information unless morph specifically asks for it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5741 (isolation #265) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:05 pm

My hood was created on N1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5745 (isolation #266) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:09 pm

In post 5742, morph the cat wrote:I can infer who it's with. Did they create it or did you? And what night.
I created it on N1.

Since you know, I'm assuming it's fine if they said/say they're not in a hood?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5852 (isolation #267) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:06 am

In post 5848, morph the cat wrote:I feel like S_S role is pretty much assumed in the open, at least partially, so him going absolutely first is no big loss.
There's an important part of it that isn't. And, I've already full claimed to my neighbor. So you can take that into account if you want.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5861 (isolation #268) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:48 am

Something_Smart (Troubador)Night 0 attack: No Damage Dealt
Night 1 attack: No Damage Dealt
Night 2 Attack: No Damage Dealt
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5981 (isolation #269) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:17 am

Just heard back from confirming with the mod. I didn't lose any HP last night.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6017 (isolation #270) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:48 am

In post 5983, Bell wrote:Why do I get irrationally mad when someone just drops a town read or scum read with no explanation.
I don't know, maybe you're reading it as arrogant that someone shouldn't have to justify their reads?

I don't really mind it, because I tend to explain reads on a need-to-know basis, and sometimes people's reasoning is just "gut" anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6020 (isolation #271) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:50 am

Lol. Was there a particular reason you wanted to be hooded, or you just wanted a hood with notsci?

I don't think it would have been a great idea for me to neighborize you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6036 (isolation #272) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:11 am

I still don't understand it. But we can sort that out once I fullclaim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6043 (isolation #273) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:27 am

Lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6056 (isolation #274) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:49 am

In post 6045, morph the cat wrote:While we wait for the claims to finish something smart can you sort of unpack your read progression on us over the first two day phases?
I don't think there's much I haven't already touched on.

First of all-- I realized that I view my interactions with your slot mostly in terms of ffery. I'm not sure why this is, but it's probably because she carried out most of the interaction with me in the games we played together.

I didn't get an early townread on you this game. Obviously that's partially because I missed the first few RL days of the game, but I feel like I was probably disconnected enough that it was hard for me to follow what you were doing.

I've never seen ffery as scum, and I barely saw Cabd's scumgame in Tenet, so I wasn't about to call you scum just because I didn't townread you-- and, our interactions were made weird by my experience with ffery in Guardians. So I pretty much just kept you at null for the entirely of the two days.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6082 (isolation #275) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:24 pm

I didn't take any damage last night.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6198 (isolation #276) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:35 pm

Morph, are you open to talking about your read on me?

Because it comprises a lot of things that don't make sense, plus a literal falsehood (apparently my "pushes on us have felt both tentative and opportunistic, like shopping our vulnerability to the rest of the players and being noiser about it when others were expressing concerns about us", despite the fact that I never pushed you or had you below null and only reached out to you because I had trouble reading you when you specifically brought up the lack of interaction between us). And at the very least I'd like to get a good understanding of what exactly you scumread from me, so that other people who know me can judge your reasons more accurately.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6204 (isolation #277) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:38 pm

In post 6200, morph the cat wrote:Cakez, would you like a better case?
wdym
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6217 (isolation #278) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:45 pm

In post 6212, notscience wrote:Cakez spent all of day one of xeno begging for Cabds scum case on him and didn’t do anything else and that focus on the case was part of why half the game scumread him
well, I would imagine the situation right now is a little different than it was there.

...and, if it was a serious question, no I don't want a better case. I want to know if you're willing to talk about this one. (or, if you want to get technical, I want to see the actual case, because right now you have a bunch of random claims and then "therefore he's scum" tacked on the end with no justification)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6246 (isolation #279) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Should I take you totally ignoring me as a no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6265 (isolation #280) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:23 pm

In post 6247, morph the cat wrote:All I wish from you, Mr. Bond, is to die.
That's disappointing.

But, I mean, if you don't think that fighting it will help, then I won't fight it.

I think the only reason it wouldn't help is if it caused a distraction from other important stuff going on, which is kinda valid right now. But otherwise, aside from the chance you change your mind on me-- which is always there-- me prompting you to explain your reads more clearly will make it easier to ask other people who know me for a stance on me that can in turn help read them.

Like I said, it's up to you. But if this is a serious answer and not just a sassy quip then... yeah, that's really gonna drain my motivation.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6266 (isolation #281) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:24 pm

Also, I'm willing to give my claim whenever you want to hear it. I think it will probably be helpful.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6269 (isolation #282) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:26 pm

In post 6267, Ircher wrote:go ahead, can't really hurt at this point. You're otherwise a goner anyway.
I mean, I'll wait until morph confirms it, but I think you're right.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6304 (isolation #283) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:47 pm

In post 6299, morph the cat wrote:This is the head that's been out walking her dog and mentally cooling off. Can you point me at what this is about?
Should I fullclaim y/n
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6319 (isolation #284) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:52 pm

In post 6309, morph the cat wrote:The lack of thread health maintenance is huge to me, given how active he's been, though.
I think that this is way more dependent on the gamestate than you're giving it credit for. I don't think I was especially thread-health focused in Guardians? And that's probably part of why you scumread me.

And in Smoke-Filled I was lying low because I had a fairly good PR, and I only came to the forefront when a really compelling (and mechanics-relevant) case was presented, which hasn't happened here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6350 (isolation #285) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:17 pm

In post 6335, morph the cat wrote:I dunno, I feel like there's a certain urgency to the situation given that town players are getting riddled with holes in the night. Two day elims and FIVE night deaths before day 3.

Is there anything compelling about this gamestate you want to dig into?
Actually, what I said about there being nothing like the Tayl0r case in this game isn't entirely true. That was kind of how I felt when NDMath claimed an implausible role (and it seems like he misread it? so I was right that what he claimed didn't make sense).

The reason I bring this up is that my gamestate view has basically been turned upside down since yesterday, with MC and NDMath especially flipping town, and you getting confirmed and solidly taking the town leader position that I wasn't comfortable with you having before.

So in terms of the gamestate... the blunt answer is I don't know, and I think that all in all your reads are probably way more accurate than mine would be, even though you are wrong about me (and Farkran). But, I understand that the act of trying to solve can make one's alignment clear even if the actual solving isn't very useful. Is there anything in particular you want to hear my opinions on? I know that you asked what I wanted to talk about, but what I really want to talk about is stuff that we can actually have a productive conversation on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6357 (isolation #286) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:23 pm

In post 6344, Bell wrote:S_S what were you thinking when you were asking me about the someone off the wagon must be scum opinion?
I mean, I disapprove of VCA in general and that sounds like the kind of shitty VCA argument that would lead people to bark up the completely wrong tree. But, you don't seem like the kind of person to do that, so I wanted to see if you had an actual reason, and if you did then evaluate it. (And if you didn't, then yell at you.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6364 (isolation #287) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:27 pm

In post 6356, morph the cat wrote:What was going through your mind when we were speculating about a troubadour role, thinking that was what notsci had been crumbing?
You mean ? I mean, nothing particularly. You correctly guessed that troubadour was a neighborizer, but I mean I assumed that was just flavor knowledge and the connection being obvious. You knew that you were wrong about notsci just as well as I did, it's not like I had any secret information that was relevant.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6374 (isolation #288) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Did notsci claim what he can do to people who are voting him at EOD? I know he was talking about it being relevant, but I must have missed if he said exactly what it did.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6384 (isolation #289) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:41 pm

In post 6375, Noraa wrote:And morph is conftown? what?
Effectively. The mod confirmed that morph submitted a bodyguard action on Artemiana which they forgot to process.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6387 (isolation #290) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:46 pm

In post 6385, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:not effecitely. The mod confirmed by the wording that Morph would have flipped town had they been allowed to flip.
I didn't interpret it as a confirmation of that, considering that part was an obviously subjective statement about what Artemiana would have done if alive.

But, it doesn't really matter. They are town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6389 (isolation #291) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:51 pm

In post 6386, morph the cat wrote:What was your read of us at the time?
I mean you pretty much stayed in or near the realm of null for the entire first two days.

If you're wondering whether you getting my role right affected my read on you at all, the answer is no. I thought it was much more likely that you had flavor knowledge and the flavor is relatively straightforward (and you don't have to be an expert at the game to know that a troubadour has some communicative element) than that you had some inside knowledge like you had rolecopped me or something.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6392 (isolation #292) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:56 pm

I think that rolefishing is bullshit and almost never happens. Even if someone is trying to figure out someone else's role, they must still have a town justification for doing so, so you can figure them out by attacking that town justification, not by going "omg they're asking someone else's role must be scum rolefishing!!!1!"

Any advantage that scum do gain by exposing a particular role they lose in equal measure by being the one to expose it, once it turns out that exposing that was beneficial to scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6422 (isolation #293) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:21 pm

I'm chuckling to myself now.

I'll explain why in due time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6425 (isolation #294) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:22 pm

Oh, morph, you're still around. Are you okay with me claiming now? I think it's for the best.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6428 (isolation #295) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:23 pm

In post 6424, Bell wrote:Why do you sound like a supervillain.
Because I love it when I can use mechanics to my advantage. It's definitely my favorite thing about playing mafia.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6430 (isolation #296) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:25 pm

In post 6426, morph the cat wrote:I'm agnostic.
Meh, I guess if you think there's something to gain from keeping it in the dark a little longer, I can.

I suspect that the two of you can probably figure it out (the important part, anyway) from what I've posted so far, so that might be another reason to keep it quiet for a bit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6432 (isolation #297) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:31 pm

I can wait for him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6443 (isolation #298) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:45 pm

Well I would imagine one of those three gets exed today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6444 (isolation #299) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:46 pm

Also, I have a lot of HP. I think shots toward me would likely be wasted.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6449 (isolation #300) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:58 pm

In post 6445, Dunnstral wrote:No worries, we have a lot of damage
I mean, it's not going to be enough if it's randomly spread among 3 people.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6450 (isolation #301) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:58 pm

If you want to leash everybody onto me, I guess you can, but it would be better to just execute me if you were going to do that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6636 (isolation #302) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:56 am

Meh I feel like I should probably just claim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6637 (isolation #303) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 am

Yeah okay.

As previously mentioned, I'm Troubadour. I have an innate one-shot loyal neighborize, which I used on Fark N1. So he's confirmed town (or he will be once I flip, anyway). I crumbed this (I can pull up the crumb if anyone cares, but it wasn't meant to be found, just for him to point to if I died). I picked him because he was both in everyone's nulls and someone I thought I could work well with (my other candidate was Chara, but I thought Chara was more likely to receive pressure from how they defended Anya).

I also have a one-shot 3 SP ability to make my neighbor's non-damaging actions unblockable for the next night. It is a buff as morph predicted, but not a very useful one.

I have 6 HP. I haven't taken any damage so far. If notsci actually did attack me, then I don't know why it failed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6642 (isolation #304) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:07 am

In post 6638, Bell wrote:That makes things a lot easier since I doubt you'd lie about Farkran as either alignmen.
That is probably true, but I don't think it matters much since I'm likely flipping before him in any event.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6644 (isolation #305) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:10 am

In post 6641, Bell wrote:So what did you guys talk about in your PT?
He trusted me at least decently much off the bat. I mostly used it as a mason/notes PT, talking about reads. I can give some summaries of the things we talked about, but I think they're mostly not relevant now. (We talked a lot about Murdercat/NDMath, and also about morph speculating about troubadour and also just my conflicted feelings on morph in general.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6645 (isolation #306) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:11 am

In post 6643, Bell wrote:A true statement regardless if you're town or scum. That's a grammatical quirk probably.
I understood you correctly (I think)-- I agree that I probably wouldn't do this with buddy-Fark, but since I'm not scum it doesn't matter because I'll likely flip before him and he'll be 100% cleared.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6647 (isolation #307) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:13 am

Why not?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6649 (isolation #308) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:15 am

Update: I have just been informed by unwnd that I lost 1 HP last night.
In post 6648, Ircher wrote:I don't think there's a loyal neighborize shot in this kind of setup.
...why not?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6653 (isolation #309) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:18 am

In post 6651, morph the cat wrote:I'm curious what made us a bad target in your mind.
I did think about it, but I thought you were too likely to die at night or obvtown yourselves.

Given that you are a bodyguard, that seems to have been a good call :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6656 (isolation #310) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:22 am

In post 6654, Ircher wrote:The claim is precisely the kind I see scum making to buy time.
Except I've been locked into it since the moment I neighborized Fark...?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6658 (isolation #311) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:25 am

Might as well point these out as well, no reason not to.
Spoiler:
In post 3590, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3587, Thestatusquo wrote:I find scum often say things like this to try to take a voice of reason stance in the thread.
I
mean so do tow
n
?
In post 3595, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3591, Thestatusquo wrote:Not nearly as much.
N
ot necessarily; I know that I do it about the same as both alignments. (Probably more as town, just because I generally post a little more on average as town.)

But, I recall Dunn having a fairly aggressive scumgame (though it's been a long time since I've played against it), so he may not see it the same way I d
o
In post 3643, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3626, Guillotina wrote:I don't believe town saps SP from someone on N0 without considering that the target may be a protective/cop that will need the SP later to perform their action. I'm a wild card, a loose cannon and even I wouldn't do any N0 actions as town, the fact that you claim that you did looked questionable to me.
And then, your "Conflict Words" claim, you said that you could self target and then you backtracked... I don't trust you.
F
or sure, it might be anti-town to steal SP from someone... but it seems weird to say that you shouldn't steal SP because then a cop
might
not be able to use their power, when you know that if you don't, a cop
definitely
won't be able to use their power.

All things considered, I feel pretty good about Artemian
a
In post 3645, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3630, WhemeStar wrote:Okay so my innate ability allows me to see stuff that may have happened to my target.

I target sigmund last night

I got - Alone but troubled. The scenery is filled with clouds. He tries his best, but his best was not needed.

ANYONE WANNA HELP TELL ME WTF THIS MEANS
R
eally no clue. Did unwnd tell you what form your results might take? Or are they keeping you completely in the dar
k
?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6659 (isolation #312) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:25 am

In post 6656, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6654, Ircher wrote:The claim is precisely the kind I see scum making to buy time.
Except I've been locked into it since the moment I neighborized Fark...?
But then it's not to buy time, because I wasn't under pressure at the start of D2.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6660 (isolation #313) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:26 am

Hit the wrong quote button, I meant to quote
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6664 (isolation #314) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:30 am

In post 6661, Bell wrote:Hey just so you know, nobody would have cracked that code.
If you died, it's the rare scum player that would have counter claimed.
I know, but it never hurts to have it down just in case. I've been burned by a mason counterclaim before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6667 (isolation #315) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:34 am

For the record Bell, if you go back and read my supervillain posts they will make a lot more sense now :P I was chuckling because Dunn had just said that Farkran is not going to get easier to read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6677 (isolation #316) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:46 am

Which was certainly the smarter call, but from my POV there was no harm in asking.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6685 (isolation #317) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:03 am

I mean it's exactly what town-me does with a loyal buffing neighborizer, too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6791 (isolation #318) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:25 pm

In post 6784, Dunnstral wrote:I think this alone should be setting off warning bells about S_S
why

that's literally something I say as town in 100% of worlds
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6797 (isolation #319) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:37 pm

In post 6793, Dunnstral wrote:Because it reads like a scum gambit where you then kill farkran
Yes, if I were scum and he agreed to it, that's what I'd do. What does that have anything to do with it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6814 (isolation #320) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:49 pm

In post 6798, Dunnstral wrote:You can't see how this is a problem for me?
I can see why it's a problem if you aren't thinking about it probabilistically.

if there's a compelling reason for me to do something as scum and there's a compelling reason for me to do it as town, then it isn't scummy. It's just null. There being a reason for me to do it as scum is only scummy if there ISN'T a reason for me to do it as town, so that's the thing you'd need to address. But, I have nothing to lose as town by asking it, because if he does agree to it, then I know it won't end badly (even though he doesn't).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7009 (isolation #321) » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:37 pm

In post 7007, morph the cat wrote:Almost like scum are mostly immune to chip damage and firing until the game is mostly sorted was extremely anti-town.
I don't think that's true. It's only due to clearing up the LHF that the game was able to get to this point. Even if you had a good solve, if NDMath or Titus were still alive, they probably would have been causing distractions.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7067 (isolation #322) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:31 pm

VOTE: Gamma
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7073 (isolation #323) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:32 pm

I didn't take any actions. My only remaining ability is useless.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7074 (isolation #324) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:33 pm

I took 2 damage last night.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7086 (isolation #325) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:37 pm

In post 7080, morph the cat wrote:If game STILL isn't over, murder unwnd for bastard moderation.
I mean you should at least give an order for after this, because from my POV I know it's going to happen.

I would expect that we should have a mechanical lock at that point, though. (Assuming Gamma and VFP are in fact scum.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7090 (isolation #326) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:39 pm

That's a neat ability to combine with a bodyguard.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7093 (isolation #327) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:40 pm

Oh. That's dumb then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7107 (isolation #328) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:47 pm

Claim what? I've already claimed everything.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7115 (isolation #329) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:50 pm

In post 7109, morph the cat wrote:I dunno it sounded good at the time lol.
Who in the yellow group (Dunn, Dwlee, Wheme, Chara, Ircher) would you want to kill first?

I would probably say Chara first, then maybe Dunn > Wheme > Ircher > Dwlee? I'd be surprised if Ircher has that role and claims it as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7137 (isolation #330) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:57 pm

Yes. All it would do would be to make Fark's non-damaging actions unblockable for the next night, but he doesn't have any actions worth doing that on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7269 (isolation #331) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:19 am

In post 7159, notscience wrote:Scums best bet yesterday was discrediting the duck out of morph (LLD, Flea, Noraa, SS a bit more passively)
I wasn't discrediting morph at all. I thought (and think) they are mostly right, except about me and Farkran.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7356 (isolation #332) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:40 pm

In post 7343, Bell wrote:I’m Conrad. I can check to see what someone’s name is. I could not act night 0.

Murderkitty is murderkitty,
Ircher is ircher
VFP is VFP
CHARA is chara.
This role is OP. How did the reviewers allow this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7359 (isolation #333) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:42 pm

I see no reason to fight my execution today, but I would like for people to at least have a plan for after my flip. I think I agree with Fark on Ircher/Chara going next, I'm pretty ambivalent about the order. Actually they can probably just both kill each other overnight?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7403 (isolation #334) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:51 pm

In post 7398, Ircher wrote:If Smart was town, I wouldn't have been roleblocked. Scum would gain almost nothing from that. At best, they might have a little easier time getting rid of me (can cast doubt on my claim), but that's it. Smart was going to die regardless; they simply delayed it by a phase or two. I'm dying anyway as well. Letting me shoot town!Smart has the advantage of bringing them closer to LimLo.
This is silly, it's always to scum's advantage to delay the deaths of people in the PoE. Every day you spend killing me is a day that you can't spend killing scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7419 (isolation #335) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:35 pm

In post 7417, Bingle wrote:Sigmund claimed Doc, not any additional actions he may have. I looked through his ISO for it.
Didn't he claim his abilities all at once? He can make someone ascetic and he can heal off missing damage, or something.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7437 (isolation #336) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:41 pm

You could have at least waited a little bit and made sure that the plan for the night was all set.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7438 (isolation #337) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:42 pm

I believe it's just, Chara on Ircher, everyone stacking on Chara, right?

I would imagine that should end it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7439 (isolation #338) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:43 pm

Especially given that hammer.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7442 (isolation #339) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:47 pm

I mean, it didn't matter much in the end.

I just feel like people weren't really taking my point of view that seriously, and it was a bit frustrating. But like I would expect that we still win despite that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7445 (isolation #340) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:48 pm

Is it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7448 (isolation #341) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:49 pm

In post 7444, Sigmund wrote:well the CatGod commanded us to kill you.
Well yeah that's what I mean by "it didn't matter", because I am dying today, and I'm fine with that, but it doesn't seem like people are seriously planning for what's going to happen beyond that.

I guess it's not my problem :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7456 (isolation #342) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:51 pm

In post 7451, Sigmund wrote:its ok SS you can take pride in the fact that you're the only person CatGod mis-read
If only I could.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7462 (isolation #343) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:53 pm

It's over yeah
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7550 (isolation #344) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:35 am

Well, for one, Toogeloo didn't accurately paraphrase, so there's that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7555 (isolation #345) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:24 am

In post 7554, Bingle wrote:The appearance of quoting mod communications is just as bad as actually quoting mod communications, rightfully so, because mod confirmation via lack of action is an abusable concept.
I would argue that the appearance of quoting is what actually matters. I didn't think mastina was trying to confirm her abilities by using the mod's phrasing. I don't think anyone did. The fact that a couple of phrases happened to match exactly doesn't really matter at all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”