Micro 959 - Greater Idea Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Starbuck »

VOTE: Raya

Hai!
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 10, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Starfuck
Not sure if serious or not, but I'm not about this.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 6, Ydrasse wrote:were you a cluster of starbucks i could spare you
Sounds like you've never seen Battlestar Galactica and that's the greater travesty. There isn't an "s" at the end of my name for a reason.

Glitch's quick hop onto Pooky is suspect given the way obvious rolefishing and the overdefensiveness throughout 19 because he felt like Pooky dodged his over-the-top aggressiveness.

I feel like Glitch is trying to lure Pooky into saying something that he can twist for his own benefit. Pooky is holding his own, but I don't like Glitch here at all.

VOTE: Glitch

Pedit: Also, we don't need this many posts from the same person in a row on Page 2. Knock it off. FFS.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 41, Glitch wrote:
In post 36, Starbuck wrote:Glitch's quick hop onto Pooky is suspect given the way obvious rolefishing and the overdefensiveness throughout 19 because he felt like Pooky dodged his over-the-top aggressiveness.
In what ways did I rolefish?

How would you determine the difference between regular defensiveness that is NAI, and overdefensiveness that is scummy?

If all of my posts were not fluff, were actual content, and we're creating content, why should I not post them? Which one of my posts that I made should I have not posted then?

I do not like this idea of wanting to throttle content when the content is actually substantive. That's sketchy to me.
Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said throttle content. My concern is that you piled question upon question on Pooky when he didn't even get to your prior questions yet. I'm just seeing you go after him rather than have a conversation/waiting for his reply before continuing to your next point. That's not helpful to the game state when you're just adding a lot of assumptions. So to me that doesn't feel very substantive and feels like you're creating a firestorm before the person you're questioning can even reply. I don't find that helpful.

As for the rolefishing, starting with your 16, you set him up to fail and are completely unfair. You want Pooky to respond in a specific way, but there's not really a way that Pooky could really answer your questions without referencing his current role and I think you set it up that way so you can say "but I told you NOT to do this" to push suspicion. So I can't blame Pooky's skepticism of you in the following post. Then your immediate jump to "OMG ARE U AVOIDING MY QUESTION" and addition of more questions, alongside a vote, just feels as though you wanted to vote him in the first place and didn't really care about his answers. All of this on Page 1. It just feels like nothing he says is going to satisfy you because you already made up your mind.

Additionally, I can see your point in 46, but again, I still think you set Pooky up to fail because I don't think there was any answer that he could have given that you would have been pleased with, as said in your 32 & 33 when you shirk the responsibility for pushing this topic in the first place. I think you could have gone about it better and have gotten the results you wanted.

And then this like rubbing his face in it because he didn't live up to your expectations just feels real condescending and rude, it's just real lame.
In post 35, Glitch wrote:@Pooky - see how I talked about the role I did not choose, without talking about the role I chose? That's what I was asking from you. Do you think DoubleDare is role fishing by asking me why I discarded mafia goon?
Basically, you can keep saying that you said to "not reveal your current role," but you can't get upset when the conversation goes there when you, in fact, led it there despite not wanting him to reveal.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 43, Fidget wrote:My mind immediately went to suspecting Pooky for discarding doctor.
Why? Someone discarding a protective role doesn't automatically mean they chose scum.
In post 48, Glitch wrote:
In post 44, Raya36 wrote:I still don't get why nobody is suspecting starbuck for discarding bg on the same logic
We'll get there when this conversation is over. ;)
I just never feel I'm effective in a protective role. I'm not good at anticipating scum actions, so I end up feeling more frustrated throughout the game because either I guessed wrong rather than being helpful, I'm only being useful as a vest, or I protected scum.
In post 51, Fidget wrote:VOTE: Starbuck

And you there, bodyguard-discarder-glitch-wagoner. What have you got to say? About my comment. On the glitch wagon. That you're on
I read it. I think you're wrong, making bad assumptions, discrediting good points, and kinda whiteknighty.
In post 54, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:What Glitch's question is trying to do is figure out exactly what type of PR I am by trying to figure out why I chose not to be a doctor - hence it's quite rolefishy.
That's what I read on it, too.
In post 84, Hectic wrote:hat about you? DO you prefer town or scum? Everyone should probably answer this question actually.
I prefer town, as I don't feel like I have to pick and choose my words or try to find holes in the words of someone who I know to be town. There's more freedom in being town than scum.
In post 98, NDMath wrote:He's arguing that he's right not that he's town
THIS. I've been trying to put this feeling into words. Thank you.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 123, Fidget wrote:My Starbuck vote is starting to feel all dusty and out of date :(

But I will endure! Until she posts some. Then I'll figure this out
Sorry, I ended up in bed most of yesterday after my initial posts, so working through catching up.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 126, Raya36 wrote:scumbuddy starbuck
:cry:
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 133, Hectic wrote:What's your favourite role, Starbuck?
I've always played all-powered games. I originally came here from the View Askew Board (Kevin Smith's old official message board) and the majority of the games we played were powered. I prefer investigative or utility roles or something where I can be helpful, but not need to predict where kills go.

I know it was 3p, but I enjoyed the vanillaizer mechanic that I had when I replaced into Temporal Lich's Grand Idea. I effectively helped Battle Mage get rid of his posting restriction (which was absolutely god awful).

I like having things to choose from in the realm of a Jack of all Trades or a multitasker.

I just like to feel useful instead of sitting on my hands.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 145, Fidget wrote:No but in my mind someone who discarded a strong town PR would be more likely to be scum than someone who discarded a scum card. Except in the case of NM
I don't think that's a fair assessment at all. Your opinion of a strong town PR differs from mine, clearly.

Same thought in regards to your 148.

In post 154, Hectic wrote:Not_Mafia will hammer any L-1s btw, so treat putting someone on L-1 as hammering them.
What is L-1 in this setup? 4?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Starbuck »

Busy last day or so. Reading through in a bit.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm the jerk that didn't put this in my Bookmarks. Hi.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

Okay, now that I can sit in front of a monitor. Starting back at my last game post, if I miss something just point me to it.

In post 161, Hectic wrote:For each of the following options, what would you pick:

Mafia Goon or VT
Mafia Roleblocker or VT
Mafia Roleblocker or Town Roleblocker
Mafia Goon or Town Roleblocker
It depends on how many times I rolled VT in recent games (I roll it a ton) and the player list, but probably VT on the first and I'd probably take that Mafia RB on the second just to have something to contribute to the gamestate.

Town RB on the last 2 because I think backing up words with actions is important. Like I said before I prefer investigative/utility roles that can be helpful rather than only having my voice.
In post 162, Fidget wrote:What's the strongest town power role that got discarded?
I think Tracker or Doctor, depending on playstyle, is the strongest.

Good Lord on Glitch's 165. Overreaction much? Is he really defending setting someone up for failure? It's laughable and yeah, my vote isn't moving.
In post 165, Glitch wrote:Tell me your thoughts and feelings on bodyguard. What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it? Are there any feelings you have about playing bodyguard that are isolated feelings unattached to your chosen role, that would push you to discard bodyguard?
I actually already answered this in #130. Let me know if you need me to elaborate more after reading that.
In post 166, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Like there's literally no reason you would pick vanilla townie over PR - so obv if you discarded a PR, you must be a PR.
It should also be said that just because you discarded a Town PR that doesn't mean you're autoscum either. I'm pretty taken aback at that mentality and it's been a bit discouraging.
In post 167, NDMath wrote:Yeah. It'll take a lot for me to stop scumreading glitch.
:roll:
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 169, Raya36 wrote:Ok so bg is subjectively worse than doctor but in the end they're both town protective roles and they deserved the same amount of attention that Fidget and Glitch were giving doc.
Agreed. I saw you saying as such, but you didn't even make a move to question me. Just questioned them for not questioning me. If you felt this way, why didn't you pressure me?
In post 176, Fidget wrote:I meant for it to come off as, scum!Glitch would not rolefish. There is 0 need to rolefish when scum Glitch would already know Pooky is a strong PR / multiball scum. So people scumreading Glitch for rolefishing are just plain wrong.
Your surety on this is what gives me pause. You have been dead set that scum!Glitch wouldn't do this and scum!Glitch wouldn't do that and the fact that you aren't letting any chance of your opinion being wrong come into play (i.e. a little humility) is concerning.
In post 182, Raya36 wrote:I just honestly don't think it makes sense to scrutinize someone for not picking doc but completely ignore the person who discarded bg. And then when I brought it up they said they would discuss bg after the doc conversation, almost like they were caught being hypocritical.
Again, you could have started your own conversation questioning me but you didn't either. So why did you feel like you needed to wait for them?
In post 212, Raya36 wrote:I believe him about his preference of town and since he discarded a town role that means he had the option if choosing town. So unless he had a really cool scum role then he's probably just town.
So why is this okay about Ydrasse and not me or Pooky?
In post 256, Not_Mafia wrote:I don't like Glitch or Pooky
What about them?
In post 285, Hectic wrote:Fidget, I think Starbuck is scum because she lied about her alignment preference. Check the Starbuck/Nahdia PT from Lunacy for one. There's a few years old post too where she says 3p is her favourite alignment. I'll quote the posts when I'm off mobile.
Huh? I didn't lie and there's nothing in the thread with Nahdia that even says as such unless you're referring to this response: "That's lucky. I typically roll VT like 85-90% of the time" which is true. I do roll VT a ton. I just want to have something to do and contribute to the town, rather than being a human shield or yet another VT miselimination. I think it's lucky that she doesn't roll VT, not that she rolled scum for however long she said she did.

I have said that I prefer 3rd party/multiple affiliation games (maybe that's where your confusion is coming from) because we had a blast with those on the VA Board and here in the past with games run by Vi and Tarhandilur. On the VA Board, I got to be Thanos as an Independent in an Avengers game before it even came out as the real plot for the MCU. It was cool as shit. I do like a good game of multiball, but I don't think we have that here.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 287, NDMath wrote:VOTE: Starbuck
I want to see hectic's case/quotes.
I'll provide it myself if you'll knock off following this ridiculousness: This leads to my direct ISO in the Lunacy PT with Nahdia
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm not sure if Fidget is gambiting yet or not. If she thinks Glitch is scum. She should just shoot and call it a day rather than make a ransom of it.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

I think that's disingenuous and you're inserting your own thoughts and intentions, especially because the only reason you'd pull that particular thread is because you modded that game.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 297, Hectic wrote:
In post 295, Starbuck wrote:I think that's disingenuous and you're inserting your own thoughts and intentions, especially because the only reason you'd pull that particular thread is because you modded that game.
Could you explain how I should be interpreting it then?
I think given your position as a mod in that game that you have a preconceived notion and you're twisting my intent to serve your purpose here. I think outside the game cases/meta are particularly distasteful for this reason. Why? Because it feels like you can't find something that I've done wrong here so you have to go to previous games and threads to reach for a case.

I am allowed think it's lucky that someone rolls something other than VT and not have it pertain to alignment. What concerns me is that you jumped to making assumptions and inserting what you think I meant instead of asking what I meant. You don't seem to want to take that into account, so now you're going to be like those other players that go down the rabbit meta hole and bring other threads into this game and distract from this current game instead of focusing on what's happening here.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Starbuck »

You're literally taking my words and twisting them to what you want them to mean, hectic.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Starbuck »

I already mentioned the gist of #303 here and the why, but you're so hyper-focused on tunneling and multiposting, before I can even get a response in, that you probably missed it.

Again, you're just pushing an agenda and twisting my words/intentions to fit it. I can believe that it is lucky to roll SOMETHING OTHER THAN VT regardless of alignment given how often I always end up as a VT.

I think you have to pick and choose your words as any scum role. I like the multi-faction aspect of an all-powered game (again think Vi/Tar or my games on View Askew, which do have a little explanation in my Wiki), which I've said on repeat.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 301, Hectic wrote:
In post 298, Starbuck wrote:I think given your position as a mod in that game that you have a preconceived notion and you're twisting my intent to serve your purpose here.
I don't really know what you mean by this, or what me being a mod of that game has to do with it.
Because this is feeling way more like a personal attack than a game play attack. You could have opened this whole thing with something like "well, what did you mean when you said this to Nahdia?" and waited for my response. That's what someone pro-town would do. Instead, you put words and intentions in my mouth that don't exist because you want that quote to come off a certain way to everyone else here.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Starbuck »

I already answered whatever you asked.

I also love how you ignore #2 when I've also blatantly said that, as well. I typically lean to Theme/all-powered games moreso than Normals. My game history would show that, too.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

Fidget, how do you feel about Raya complaining about me not getting enough light shed on me, but not doing that herself?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 321, Fidget wrote:
In post 317, Starbuck wrote:Fidget, how do you feel about Raya complaining about me not getting enough light shed on me, but not doing that herself?
Was Raya trying to hunt using the discards? I interpreted it as that she felt the people who were hunting there were being cherry-picky.
I'm not sure. It just seemed a bit hypocritical to say to those actively hunting the discards to look at me (which they should have, to be fair), but then not do it herself if she suspected me (as that's what I gleaned from her 169). I addressed it in my 289 and am just waiting her response.

Below so you don't have to look for it:
In post 289, Starbuck wrote:
In post 169, Raya36 wrote:Ok so bg is subjectively worse than doctor but in the end they're both town protective roles and they deserved the same amount of attention that Fidget and Glitch were giving doc.
Agreed. I saw you saying as such, but you didn't even make a move to question me. Just questioned them for not questioning me. If you felt this way, why didn't you pressure me?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm not sure how much I'm liking this delay of shot on Glitch (if there really is one). I think Fidget just dismantled a perfectly good wagon for Day 1. You say you're going to use your vig, so use it.

If not, I think everyone who left the Glitch wagon should get back on.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I had to step away for errands and work stuff, but seriously, that was a waste. All of that grandstanding to shoot Not_Mafia?

RIP dude. You didn't deserve that shit even if you were trolling.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 352, Hectic wrote:Those are are some scummy reactions.
How so? Fidget grandstanded and derailed the Glitch wagon to shoot Not_Mafia (who barely anyone suspected) and she killed a townie. And yeah, his trolling sucked but it was NAI. I do think she's town, but I don't think it's scummy to be displeased with an action that was lackluster.
In post 353, Hectic wrote:Starbuck, what's your read on me?
I'm still trying to separate my personal feelings (because you definitely took genuine thoughts and twisted them to what you wanted them to mean) from this. You keep calling me a liar, which I'm not, and still inserting your intentions into my words. It's beyond game play for me when you're questioning my integrity as a person and I'm just fucking flabbergasted. I needed to take a day away from the thread because I play mafia for fun, I don't play it to be dismantled on a personal level. You can't seem to step back a second and look at it from the POV that I think it's lucky that someone rolls some cool roles (regardless of alignment), rather than being stuck as VT all the time. I don't know if that's coming from someone who is town thinking he caught me and is genuinely misinterpreting my intent or scum using it as an opportunistic manipulation tactic to drive home a win. It's starting to feel more of the latter given that you're acting like a dog with a bone and rather than being open to the fact that you could be wrong in your assessment.
In post 355, Fidget wrote:Are you joking? I just saved us a guaranteed misexile down the line. Or were you seriously planning on letting Not_Mafia survive a LYLO?
No on letting N_M survive, but you were disingenuous this whole time. You dismantled a perfectly good wagon and wasted a full IRL day with all of that instead of just taking the shot, and letting us continue. I also don't like the explanation that you basically policy vigged him.
In post 377, Glitch wrote:Starbuck vs Hectic seems like a big stretch on Hectics end. That kind of case is a case i would build if I were scum looking to frame someone up.
I didn't expect this. Huh.

:roll: :roll: :roll: At the entirety of Raya's 386 and her clear sheeping of Hectic. The opportunism is rank.

In post 388, Fidget wrote:I don't know if that's just Starbuck having a vastly different mindset than me or if she's just scum.
We have a different mindset, which I went into above. That and your surety on Glitch that I mentioned before, too. To be fair, I'm starting to have second thoughts on him given that I figured he'd pounce right onto Hectic's god-awful, reaching case on me and he didn't.
In post 389, Ydrasse wrote:though, if the chance to be a town pr arrived starbuck would pick it?
Absolutely.
In post 393, Glitch wrote:While I of course think it's cool that my wagon went from E-1 to nothing in the blink of an eye, what is going on here? All 3? Do the 3 of you have a PT?
I wouldn't be surprised if Hectic and Raya are sharing one at this point.

I need to go look at ND in ISO and see what's going on there.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 398, DoubleDare wrote:Did anyone ask starbuck why she discarded BG?
No, I don't think anyone actually ever did.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm not wanting to AtE, though. You questioned my integrity as a person and have ignored anything that I've said further explaining what I meant in favor of what you want it to mean. You don't give a shit that you're wrong and that I'd rather play any PR (regardless of alignment) over landing a VT PM in my Inbox for the 5 billionth time. And yes, I do favor 3rd Party because of the site that I used to be on, which I've already mentioned multiple times, had some fantastic all powered games that had some fantastic mechanics. So I do not know where to go from here because you're so dead set on this and continuing to misconstrue what I said and I think we're just at an impasse because you want to believe what you want to believe and can't admit that you misinterpreted what I meant for your own merit and to gain town cred.

And you only seemed to pull quotes that helped your argument so let me provide this from the recently finished Mafia of Revelations where you pulled the Questionnaire:
In post 331, Starbuck wrote:
In post 182, Kmd4390 wrote:Random thought I don't get why anyone likes to be a VT.
I have looked at so many of my role PMs and just sighed upon reading that I'm in yet another VT slot. On one side, it's like okay, I don't have to give a single fuck, but on the other, things are so boring. It's kind of why I always enjoyed the all powered games on the View Askew Board back in the day.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Starbuck »

And from this game:
In post 157, Starbuck wrote:
In post 133, Hectic wrote:What's your favourite role, Starbuck?
I've always played all-powered games. I originally came here from the View Askew Board (Kevin Smith's old official message board) and the majority of the games we played were powered. I prefer investigative or utility roles or something where I can be helpful, but not need to predict where kills go.

I know it was 3p, but I enjoyed the vanillaizer mechanic that I had when I replaced into Temporal Lich's Grand Idea. I effectively helped Battle Mage get rid of his posting restriction (which was absolutely god awful).

I like having things to choose from in the realm of a Jack of all Trades or a multitasker.

I just like to feel useful instead of sitting on my hands.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 400, Starbuck wrote:
In post 398, DoubleDare wrote:Did anyone ask starbuck why she discarded BG?
No, I don't think anyone actually ever did.

Still waiting on someone to ask me this because I'm done dealing with Hectic.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 411, Ydrasse wrote:why did you discard bg?
Because Wild Card was my other option.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 413, Ydrasse wrote:...i am a little dumb. what does that do?
After the discards are revealed, it discards and draws one new role that I have to keep.
In post 415, DoubleDare wrote:No scumhunting, flippyflop votes on pooky and a looooooong stretch where she parks her vote on pooky while town reading him, only to jump off and then scumread him again.
Yeah, I'm leaning there a bit, too, but wanted to do some ISO work before I placed a vote. I've played a little with Raya and she's always a bit more in depth when she votes someone, and her quick sheep of Hectic with regards to me doesn't feel like the wholly town Raya that I've played with before.
In post 417, Fidget wrote:
In post 399, Starbuck wrote:
In post 389, Ydrasse wrote:though, if the chance to be a town pr arrived starbuck would pick it?
Absolutely.
In post 412, Starbuck wrote:
In post 411, Ydrasse wrote:why did you discard bg?
Because Wild Card was my other option.
????

Wild Card is you just get a totally random role, isn't it? So you threw away a town PR for a random card?
Yeah, I don't think BG is as great of a role as you make it out to be. I've never liked it and as I've said, I'm terrible at predicting who to protect. It's why I've been saying that just because someone discarded a Town PR that doesn't mean they aren't town.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (isolation #32) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

I love Pooky's 422 & 426.

@Pooky - What's your read on Raya?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

So reading through Raya's ISO (and I wish I wasn't on mobile so I could be more thorough with quotes and links), but she waffles back and forth between Pooky and Glitch throughout the day. First she agrees with Pooky towards the beginning and now towards the end she completely flips her opinion around and agrees with Glitch. Stating that she doesn't think he's scum anymore and that Pooky is. I think Pooky's 422 & 426 explore this all really well.

Then there's the whole thing where she keeps bringing up why me/BG isn't being discussed the same way that Pooky/Doc is being discussed. When I asked this of her, she responded in 386 that she felt the hypocrisy was scummy not the discard and that she wasn't attacking me, but attacking their hypocrisy. However, I find this to be inconsistent because I feel like she was suspecting me all along given her quick sheep of Hectic. She gives two lines in that same post parroting Hectic's case, but nothing further in regards to me.

There's a bit more, but that's all I have time for on my break. I do think there's POE in Raya/Hectic/Glitch. I think at this point I'd prefer a Raya elimination most of all, but eliminating within there would be best. My opinion hasn't changed on Glitch and I'd be willing to swap there if needed.

VOTE: Raya36
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 441, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 432, Starbuck wrote:I love Pooky's 422 & 426.

@Pooky - What's your read on Raya?
she doesn't feel as townie as the other times I've played with her but glitch imo should still hang first because if glitch flips red its pretty likely raya is also red with him
Agreed.

VOTE: Glitch
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 438, NDMath wrote:I chose mason over gladiator because there's a lot of ways for gladiator to go wrong whereas mason can't.
I can see this.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (isolation #36) » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Starbuck »

*BLASTS AVENGED SEVENFOLD'S "HAIL TO THE KING"*
In post 465, NDMath wrote:As fidget said he had "in'd as mason"
I didn't realize this until Fidget mentioned it.
In post 465, NDMath wrote:Pretty sure the execute is always in Ydrasse/Raya today.
This is where my mind is. Moreso the Raya, than Ydrasse.
In post 471, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:If I could vote her I would but I can't.
It's all good. I hope everyone gives their input on who best to choose today, as I would like everyone's opinions.

And Raya's 484 sounds like a bunch of excuses and hopping on eliminations just to eliminate.

I want to let everyone get a chance to say their piece. Also, out of who is left, please tell me who you would most like eliminated (myself excluded) and why. I already know where I lean, but I want to make sure that I'm not missing anything important. Thank you.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 492, Raya36 wrote:
In post 488, Fidget wrote:Well, 0% chance of being scum now. Maybe 1% chance yesterday. Claiming that you have a town power role that is 100% confirmable the next day seems like a gambit that would fall apart quickly for scum.
Went back and found that. Seems I did miss it which is really annoying. It's not proven yet though?
Ummmmmmmm................what?

In post 493, Raya36 wrote:
In post 489, Fidget wrote: I think we should have Raya claim
I will only claim if I'm brought to E-1 with intent
Technically, everyone is at E-1 except for me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 496, DoubleDare wrote:That’s a pretty high level of not reading.
No shit.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

If you don't already know who the Kingmaker is without having it spelled out, I can't help with that.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Starbuck »

Me either. I've been holding off on the execute because I wanted to make sure everyone got their chance to speak. Also, her whole "if you ask me for my claim, I'll give it" when I already said who my choices are and her general lack of reading comprehension is suspect.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

@Mod and everyone - V/LA is on because my modem fried during today's storm. I'll be checking via phone but I typically mafia via computer, so bear with me
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:22 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Alrighty then.

As I said at start of day, I'm still at Raya or Ydrasse. If you're going to claim, the time is now.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:22 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Or it should have been when I said that originally.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 434, Starbuck wrote:So reading through Raya's ISO (and I wish I wasn't on mobile so I could be more thorough with quotes and links), but she waffles back and forth between Pooky and Glitch throughout the day. First she agrees with Pooky towards the beginning and now towards the end she completely flips her opinion around and agrees with Glitch. Stating that she doesn't think he's scum anymore and that Pooky is. I think Pooky's 422 & 426 explore this all really well.

Then there's the whole thing where she keeps bringing up why me/BG isn't being discussed the same way that Pooky/Doc is being discussed. When I asked this of her, she responded in 386 that she felt the hypocrisy was scummy not the discard and that she wasn't attacking me, but attacking their hypocrisy. However, I find this to be inconsistent because I feel like she was suspecting me all along given her quick sheep of Hectic. She gives two lines in that same post parroting Hectic's case, but nothing further in regards to me.

There's a bit more, but that's all I have time for on my break. I do think there's POE in Raya/Hectic/Glitch. I think at this point I'd prefer a Raya elimination most of all, but eliminating within there would be best. My opinion hasn't changed on Glitch and I'd be willing to swap there if needed.

VOTE: Raya36

Is this intent enough?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #45) » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

Are you done stalling?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #46) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Starbuck »

This is either going to turn out really good or really bad.

Execute: Raya36
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 551, Ydrasse wrote:why wasn’t the kingmaker killed? weird as heck. fidget makes more sense to let us speculate over...
I feel like you said something like this after the N1 flip, as well. It's pretty scummy and reeks of distancing.
In post 551, Ydrasse wrote:starbuck also did nothing last night.
In post 552, NDMath wrote:A. Starbuck drew ninja werewolf from her wildcard.
In post 558, DoubleDare wrote:Starbuck, you need to claim.
I did nothing because the wild card gave me god damn VT anyways. So I got screwed no matter what.
In post 555, Ydrasse wrote:because pooky was a mafia-immune serial killer, we're looking for a ww now, yeah? and given that ninja-ww exists... well. yeah.
I'm not sure if it's a werewolf in ND's mason claim or a red scum in your tracker claim.
In post 557, DoubleDare wrote:Hmm, what are the chances Hectic blocked Pooky N1?
I think there's a high chance given the suspicion of Pooky all D1 and he did flip SK. I'm actually feeling quite dumb for falling for his BS.
In post 560, DoubleDare wrote:Starbuck, what do you think?
Obviously, you're confirmed town, so it's down to ND and Ydrasse. I think if we don't have red scum then ND is a Werewolf, possibly a Mason or possibly not, or if Glitch was a solo Werewolf, then Ydrasse is red scum. It's just figuring out which one it is. I'm feeling it's more Ydrasse because why would she track me 2 nights in a row and not utilize that track elsewhere? She felt like she was coming out with something real quick to incriminate me with, but I'm not going to track as going anywhere as a VT.

I want to go back through both of their ISOs before placing a vote, but I'm definitely leaning Ydrasse here.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Starbuck »

If I was scum, why would I kill the guy pushing me the hardest? That's dumb and a rookie move.

Obviously, someone set me up.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (isolation #49) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Okay, this was a ridiculous last few days. Reading up!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (isolation #50) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Starbuck »

ISO READ - NDMath (only 25 posts, bless you)

Votes early on in the Glitch/Pooky thing in his 98. He seems to see the same things that I saw on Day 1 in regards to Glitch. I appreciate his push back on Fidget, while I felt Fidget was town (even then), her whole "scum!Glitch wouldn't do this" or "scum!Glitch wouldn't do that" to discredit negative thoughts of him was so weird. I still think Fidget should have shot Glitch like she said she would after dismantling the entire wagon.

Another thing that bothers me about NDMath is his swap to me in 287, after Hectic went full-on tunnel vision, after he said:
In post 167, NDMath wrote:Yeah. It'll take a lot for me to stop scumreading glitch.
Hectic's still very much in the wrong and misread my entire intention and twisted my words just to make his case. I didn't contradict anything. Hectic took my words and bent them for how he wanted them to mean. I probably won't be playing with Hectic for awhile after this because I've never had my genuine feelings twisted so awfully. I'd rather deal with the toxicity of springlullaby then to have my integrity questioned. I'm disappointed that NDMath hopped on this train.

Another thing that bothers me is his response to Fidget in regards to Not Mafia, here:
In post 287, NDMath wrote:Pretty likely scum but glad the gamestate hasn't just been stalling on him.
I don't know how anyone was scumreading all the null-trolling that Not Mafia was doing and then the later calling everyone who reacted negatively to the shot, as scummy. It was a shitty move on Fidget's part, especially when they dismantled a perfectly good wagon.
In post 562, NDMath wrote:ydrasse saying starbuck didn't go anywhere is a very weird move for scum.
But it's not weird if she's trying to take focus off herself for a miselimination.
In post 570, NDMath wrote:Tracking starbuck a second time makes sense from a town perspective.
If it happened at all.

I think ND is coming from a town frame of mine, but he's focusing on the wrong things.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (isolation #51) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Starbuck »

ISO Read - Ydrasse

-Votes me for RVS right out the gate. Given her focus now, I'm wondering if this was foreshadowing?

-Comes to Glitch's defense in 57 in the Glitch vs Pooky 1v1

-I actually didn't realize how much fluffposting came from Ydrasse throughout the game thus far

-Then in 175 and 180, even with Glitch voting her (I think), it's like she's trying to chill him out mid-thread

-She votes for ND in 194 for
In post 194, Ydrasse wrote:looking at the vc right now i think i would like to vote ndmath. i would also like to vote ndmath because i don't see how it would take a lot for them to stop sring glitch at this point. pooky i can understand because they were involved in the 1v1 at the start of the game but i am also townreading them both.
Which doesn't seem that strong of reasoning to me. It feels more like trying to distract folks off the Glitch wagon, especially when she says, just before this, that her voting pool is on that wagon.

-There's quite a bit of WIFOM in 195 that I don't care for

-Statements like this don't ever feel like they come from town:
In post 210, Ydrasse wrote:you should refer to this as to why i am town and a vote on me is dumb.
-I do appreciate the effort to try to get some semblance of sanity out of N_M in 252 and 255 but I'm not feeling like it's genuine

-I also appreciate that Ydrasse can see the incredulousness in the B.S. from Hectic, but reading it back over now, I can't help but be skeptical

- Also this....
In post 565, Ydrasse wrote:it feels super convenient for you to have somehow gotten VT from wild card.
Convenient? I was pissed. I was hoping for something better than BG and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

You're setting up for a scum win.

VOTE: Ydrasse
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (isolation #52) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 579, DoubleDare wrote:Sigh, I reread today and landed on ND as the likelier partner.
Maybe I've read it wrong. I've totally misread ND before.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (isolation #53) » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 586, DoubleDare wrote:Did she pick ninja werewolf over bodyguard?
No, I got a wild card which then screwed me and gave me VT.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #54) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

I thought my thoughts on Glitch were pretty clear. I was mad AF that Fidget shot Not_Mafia with the excuse she used.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #55) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, I was being snarky in that moment, ND, and was on mobile. If you needed further elaboration, all you had to do was ask.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (isolation #56) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Worked my friend's food truck all day today.

It's obviously

VOTE: Ydrasse
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (isolation #57) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:18 am

Post by Starbuck »

OMG. Good game everyone. I did not think I would survive with so much stacked against me, but freaking awesome.

So initially, when I got the PM from Nexus, I thought I had a choice of Ninja, Werewolf, or BG. I read it wrong while looking at the PM from my phone. So I chose Ninja thinking I would get an ability alongside it. In my brain (and forgive me, it's been forever since I've done a normal game), I was thinking I could potentially be immune from scum kills. I didn't actually think I was choosing scum until the Role PM came in, I went to the Wiki and read up on the definitions, and I /facepalmmed.

DoubleDare, holy shit, I was wishing so hard that I was a town bloc with you. I ever came to the thread and saw that I was King, I didn't think anyone town read me after everything with Hectic. So you gave an underdog a bit of hope there. Obviously, you now know who kept you around and didn't kill confirmed town. It was because I hoped you would continue to vote with me. I hope you can forgive me. You seem awesome and I hope we're on the same side in the future.

I wish that I had pulled the trigger on Raya before she revealed, but I think her siding with Hectic put points against her for others anyways. It didn't really come off as the town!Raya that I saw in The Weakest Link, but came off as sheeping rather than her own stand-alone case from my POV. I think had she, or Hectic for that matter, actually pulled a case together from this game (rather than ride a completely outside this game case), they could have gotten my elimination.

REAL TALK - I had NO CLUE that Glitch was a werewolf for about 3/4 of Day 1. I went to the WW thread and no one else responded. Nexus didn't do an opening like "this is the WW thread and here is your partner" intro. So everything that I said in that back and forth at the beginning of Day 1 and in this post was without knowing that Glitch was my partner. It would have looked super scummy to back off, when I had been going so hard, so I think Glitch was doomed regardless. My play would have been immensely different had I known Glitch was on my team from the start. Maybe we would have even had a Pooky elimination that day. We'll never know.

Also, who woulda thought (because I had no idea that Pooky would flip 3rd Party) that we all took sides in a 3P vs 3P 1v1 between Glitch and Pooky? I did, too, because I didn't know Glitch was on my team. :lol: :lol:

Lastly, before the big "I told you so" from Hectic, I would have reacted the same as town or scum over the case that he tried to pull. He legit took my genuine feelings and twisted them to mean what he wanted them to mean. I was getting so frustrated over my personal thoughts being twisted as such that I did stay away from the thread for a few days. I just stopped replying to him because everything I said was already out there and I felt it was taking away from the enjoyability of everyone else. This situation is why I hate meta, but the worse part is this wasn't even a meta situation. It was a "look what she said" pulling from a thread from a game that he recently modded (that no one else would have even thought to look at) and he got it all wrong. He failed to mention that Nahdia turned out to be scum that game and I was not. I think had he not gone so hard at this, especially with the personal element, he could have gotten the elimination that he wanted on me. I know I've flipped scum, but I stand by every single word I said back to him in regards to this. So for anyone looking for some "ooooh, I got Starbuck" shit in the future, you really don't.

I really do like just having something to do in game, whether town or scum, and BG wasn't going to be it. I was hoping this game was multiball (and it was!) and I truly had a great time (despite everything with Hectic). Thank you, Nexus!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #58) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Starbuck »

I realized I was a WW after getting my role PM. It was that Glitch never showed up in the WW thread until 3/4 into Day 1. I thought I was all by myself.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (isolation #59) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 248, DoubleDare wrote:I have a provable Town Power Role which will be 100% confirmed tomorrow. What you got?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”