Micro 966 - DDD: DD? [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Piergeiron the Paladinson
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Piergeiron the Paladinson »

VOTE: Ydrasse
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:44 am

In Tyr's name I accept your challenge.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:47 am

Please refrain from using that word, Dongempire.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:56 am

I am referring to the use of the word "lynch" rather than "elimination" or another similar term.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:08 am

The historical connotation does not translate well into the context of the game, and has potential to personally offend some users. I find it odd that you would choose to argue about something not-game-related you presumably do not care for, but this is not the time nor the place for such discussion.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:35 am

In post 19, Alisae wrote:Like you decided to be the word police, so I'm questioning why you decided to be the word police.
Am I not allowed to do that?
Who is policing whom? I made a passing remark to a player who is not you, to which they replied cordially. You have spent half your ISO defending your right to be obstinate, while positing that I am an instigator, and ironically implying that I am too personally invested.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:04 am

In post 43, Hopkirk wrote:They have basically no posts and have stopped. Complaining 'half their iso' is spent on it isn't a good way to move past this.
I am certainly not looking to further discuss the matter itself, but why would I ignore Alisae's butting in? And why does it seem important to you that I do?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:49 pm

In post 55, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 53, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:
In post 43, Hopkirk wrote:They have basically no posts and have stopped. Complaining 'half their iso' is spent on it isn't a good way to move past this.
I am certainly not looking to further discuss the matter itself, but why would I ignore Alisae's butting in? And why does it seem important to you that I do?
Because it's not game related and you've posted nothing game related.
I still don't like your dismissal of my entire line of questioning. How is it not potentially indicative of alignment if Alisae is showing cognitive dissonance while going out of eir way to pick fights about non-game content during the Random Voting Stage?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:49 pm

In post 184, WindowsXP wrote:At the very least it would be most plausible that Grumpy is attempting to pocket hopkirk if they are friends/ friendly with eachother.
Interesting you would think this; I had the opposite impression.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:50 pm

UNVOTE:
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:05 pm

I mean if there is a pocketing attempt in your exchange with Hopkirk I don't think it is coming from you.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:41 am

In post 341, Donempire wrote:Wait, i realised mislynching today isnt even bad and lynching scum doesnt benefit us
Why dont we off the one that would cause problems later then because of this shit lolhammer?
You don't think it would be beneficial to have associative tells lined up for tomorrow?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:06 am

EVs are useful for determining setup balance. What is the point of pretending we are in a hypothetical scenario with only numbers at our disposal? Those percentages mean absolutely nothing unless we are eliminating at random. It would be absolutely ridiculous to no-eliminate today.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:06 am

In post 360, Grumpy Cat wrote:
In post 357, Alisae wrote:I had no idea I hammered Icon when I voted him I thought he had 3 votes at the time :/
Sorry
What, why didn't you announce L-1 then?
What is the purpose of this question?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:13 am

I meant what kind of answer were you expecting. What are you hoping to accomplish?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:44 am

My apologies, I am still somewhat frustrated that I did not have the chance to play the first Day, and have hardly given this game a thought. Tonight I should set aside some time to read and immerse.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:17 pm

In post 611, Donempire wrote:
In post 607, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:My apologies, I am still somewhat frustrated that I did not have the chance to play the first Day, and have hardly given this game a thought. Tonight I should set aside some time to read and immerse.
What do you think about alisaes hammer? About windows and icos back and forth? Any thoughts on ydrasse?
I have no reason to believe Alisae's hammer was anything but accidental.
I do not by any means have extensive experience playing with DkKoba but I know that what Ydrasse says is true, and they do have a rather uniquely defensive roguish playstyle. Nothing WindowsXP has done has struck me as absolutely scum-motivated.
Ydrasse will require an ISO read for me to form a proper opinion on her slot, but off the top of my head it is somewhat likely to me that she is mafia.

In post 628, Grumpy Cat wrote:If we're reasonably confident on Wandows being scum, then it has better EV to lunch them tomorrow rather than today, since if their partner isn't just Ydrasse/Paladin and is a deepwolf (Dogem, Flopz, Ali), the game gets significantly harder.

The funny thing is, that Flopz is cleared as town unless he's scum with very specific people. One of those would be Wandows because I can see them forcing the nightkill through despite Flopz's protests. Ali maybe? But less likely. I don't see it happening with Ydrasse/Paladin, and I don't know about you.
Flopz independently never chooses to kill Hop n1. If you're asking for my read on him regarding stuff that isn't the nightkill, that'll have to wait until I give him a reread later.
This post is entirely conjecture and serves no purpose. Grumpy Cat, why do you think that I or Ydrasse would not convince Flopz to kill Hopkirk?

In post 672, WindowsXP wrote:
In post 190, WindowsXP wrote:
In post 186, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:
In post 184, WindowsXP wrote:At the very least it would be most plausible that Grumpy is attempting to pocket hopkirk if they are friends/ friendly with eachother.
Interesting you would think this; I had the opposite impression.
In post 189, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:I mean if there is a pocketing attempt in your exchange with Hopkirk I don't think it is coming from you.
Why do you say its the opposite way?

Can you elaborate on that?
Paladin I'd like you to still answer this.
I saw Hopkirk as more dominant in their exchange and as the clear leader of the Flopz smear hoax. As others had mentioned at the time, Grumpy Cat took a more reactive role in most of their joking back-and-forth. Not to say necessarily that Grumpy Cat was more scummy than Hopkirk, just that I did not see anything that looked to me like an active attempt at a pocket from Grumpy Cat.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #17) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:19 pm

In post 371, Grumpy Cat wrote:
In post 368, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:I meant what kind of answer were you expecting. What are you hoping to accomplish?
If Ali thought e was placing the 4th vote onto him, it's unusual e doesn't announce L-1. Increased chance the story is BS and it was just a lolhammer e's masking as an accident now
Is this assumption based on your meta of Alisae, or on what you consider optimal town play?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:34 pm

That is a rather broad question. Would you prefer reads or generalized statements?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:29 am

In post 748, Donempire wrote:I should have known when he asked us to refer to him by them
It was excrutiating talking to you but it'll probably be hilarioud reading back with hindsight
Good job windows
I can see how that must have been a challenge for you. Do not fret, once your brain eventually develops to that of an adult I am sure you will understand the level of patheticness you are displaying here.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:37 am

At the moment I have scumreads on Ydrasse and Dongempire, and I would like to look further into your ISO as well. The rest of the players I believe I am townreading. I hope to provide some more details and insight later today, I am however caught up and acknowledge there are questions directed to me that are as of yet unanswered.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:53 pm

In post 851, WindowsXP wrote:paladin's silence is deafening.
It should not be; I have been incredibly busy for reasons I cannot share for anonymity's sake. This game is unfortunately quite low on my list of priorities both on- and off-site.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:53 pm

In post 747, Grumpy Cat wrote:Sigh sigh sigh ßiiiiigh

Do I really have to read through this stuff...it looks kinda toxic. I ISOed Ydrasse and she feels like town, and I think the emotion in response to being pushed by Koba was legit.
I
probably
will catch up on the rest in a bit, but I won't feel good about it. Also, I think Paladin is really scummy from looking through his ISO on what he's choosing to comment and the way he's posting.

Actually, changing my mind on the Ydrasse read. She can be genuinely frustrated as scum as well; all that reaction means is that she's probably not aligned with Koba.

Flopz HELP, give me some lighthearted vibes to encourage me to read through.
You have mentioned me in passing on several occasions despite my absence. Answer honestly: are you trying to apply pressure to force content and gauge my reaction, or do you mean what you say? I have a feeling you are truly trying to determine my alignment since you are one of few players continually attempting to engage with me.
In post 776, Grumpy Cat wrote:
In post 607, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:My apologies, I am still somewhat frustrated that I did not have the chance to play the first Day, and have hardly given this game a thought. Tonight I should set aside some time to read and immerse.
I don't like this post because if he's frustrated he didn't get to play the first day, why doesn't he have more motivation to post his thoughts on stuff he didn't get to on D2 instead?
Any in-progress thoughts I may have had less than 12 hours into the game are surely not relevant now?
In post 785, Grumpy Cat wrote:
In post 675, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:
In post 371, Grumpy Cat wrote:
In post 368, Piergeiron the Paladinson wrote:I meant what kind of answer were you expecting. What are you hoping to accomplish?
If Ali thought e was placing the 4th vote onto him, it's unusual e doesn't announce L-1. Increased chance the story is BS and it was just a lolhammer e's masking as an accident now
Is this assumption based on your meta of Alisae, or on what you consider optimal town play?
It'd be scummy for different reasons if Ali was aware that it was L-1 and didn't announce it. I don't know what Ali does normally though.

Why have you questioned me on this repeatedly? It's one of the few lines of questioning you've pursued this game and I'm struggling to see how you hoped to solve my alignment from it.

It feels like there's far more useful things to look at or ask about from myself or others, yet you hone in on this. It feels off.
I don't think I have pushed this question too much although I do see from my ISO how that could be your interpretation. came after I had just re-read and had opened in a separate tab. I do agree that my focus this game has left something to be desired.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 pm

In post 798, Grumpy Cat wrote:
In post 715, Donempire wrote:
In post 702, WindowsXP wrote:
In post 699, Ydrasse wrote:i’m actually upset by this if you’re town so i’m going to bed. bye
fake tbh
Wow

Honestly i shouldnt be surprised given your play so far but... Wow
This reaction feels kind of overblown honestly. Scum AtE in mafia and sometimes it's fake. What's so crazy about Wandows calling out Ydrasse's post as fake?

The rest of page 28/29 so far actually has me feeling better on both XP and Ydrasse lol. I was so confident on Wandows being scum just like a few irl days ago, so I don't know if I'm stupid.
I agree about Dongempire's reaction.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (isolation #24) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:00 pm

If anyone would still find my full reads useful I might oblige, although I would rather not were the town more willing to engage with me directly.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:18 pm

I will have to go easy on the evidence for the time being as I am off to bed shortly.

Dongempire's pushes are inconsistent and has taken an odd tone in certain posts.

Ydrasse's early contributions seemed to me like appearances and no more. I need to read this slot fully to compare more recent posts but nothing has struck me as overtly town-sided.

Alisae has presented the clearest intent to solve of any other player thus far. I stand by my belief that the first day hammer was accidental, but I'm not sure scum would have reacted to such a mistake as Alisae did.

Grumpy Cat seems to be expecting more from me. I am not entirely sure whether I prefer the idea that they are town solving or that they are trying to arrange my miselimination/pocketing depending on my response to their pushing.

I cannot find any thoughts on Flopz at the moment, sorry. And you seem obviously town to me.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:22 pm

There aren't any particular pairings I have given any consideration.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”