Micro 1084 | Quantum Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I've seen this one y'all, Gwyneth Paltrow's head is in the box

VOTE: Jason just felt like it
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 18, Aliana wrote:
In post 16, Alianna wrote:
In post 15, Aliana wrote: I think we should try to put bugspray into the box and see what happens.
Wait. This is Quantum Mafia. So maybe the box is like Schrödinger's cat, where they put the cat in the box, give it a 50/50 chance of being poisoned, and it's simultaneously dead and alive until they open the box back up and then it's one or the other.
I wonder how that would translate into a mafia game.
In post 17, Alianna wrote: ^
Sorry if I just butchered quantum physics, I'm not a scientist.
Is that my new record for fastest mainslip?
I feel like you had some other clues that gave it away before this
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Merlyn »

The only thing I'm sure of is that the fact that we're numbered will mean something, because otherwise why bother
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:34 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 122, heipizhu4 wrote: My current reading list:
Merlyn, imagine, Alian(n)a: neutral
Not lots of posts, tbh. Merlyn has only made 3 posts (which gives little information), imagine has only 1 post in as an rvs post, Aliana has some interactions with me, but kind of reluctant to think about the setup, not sure why
Doctor: a bit scumlean. Before , his post are all greeting posts, rather genuine. Then he skipped the gm discussion part, and voted for me. Kind of sussy, but I'll keep an eye in drew.
Bianco: townlean. Honestly. He has made several experiments on the setup, and his reasoning is fine on voting me, really.
ceej: neutral. Several one liners, just like his previous games.
Ircher: Hi, thanks for the defend! A tl on you, but not enough for a town read currently (cause the lack of information on the day1 of day1 lol)
Jason: I like his , but his scumread on me, idk, is 'single reasoned'. Not something I like. Neutral for now.

An ISO on myself: This player has done lots of lists and exploration on the setup, however, his intention to vote himself out is suspicious. Scumlean on him

That's another reason why I'm fine with you guys voting me. I tried to be 100% genuine here, but looking at myself's iso, I have sus on myself as well. Let's see what will happen next after I post this.
This is honestly one of the most frustrating things I see people in mafia doing. The game opened 21 hours ago , don't be throwing shade for 'low post count'. I don't like this whole, I have sus on myself thing... Like what? VOTE: hep
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Merlyn »

UNVOTE:
In post 124, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 123, Merlyn wrote: on't be throwing shade for 'low post count'
That's why neutral, isn't it?
The neutral part is fine, it was the shade you wrote after that irked me
In post 127, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 123, Merlyn wrote: I don't like this whole, I have sus on myself thing... Like what?
What I mean by considering myself scummy is that looking at myself's ISO, and spectate myself, I don't consider me playing towny. Really. So I mean the voters on me may not be scums trying to push me off and have their reasons and I ACCEPT.
What have you done that you, when re-reading your posts, don't consider playing towny?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 134, Doctor Drew wrote: Why unvote them Merlyn?
not ready for them to die yet
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 138, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 136, Aliana wrote:
In post 102, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 99, ceejayvinoya wrote: Anyone else just wanna wing this and play it like a regular game of Mafia until the mechanics screws us over?
Lol, I do kinda vibe with this.
This is probably a good approach.
The Quantum Goon PM says mafia can put people into a box, so I don't imagine being put in there is anything good. We can probably just vote like normal.
But....

What's in the box?!?(In my best Brad Pitt voice)
uh, I already made this pop culture reference, get your own Drew!
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 141, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 139, Aliana wrote:
In post 138, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 136, Aliana wrote:
In post 102, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 99, ceejayvinoya wrote: Anyone else just wanna wing this and play it like a regular game of Mafia until the mechanics screws us over?
Lol, I do kinda vibe with this.
This is probably a good approach.
The Quantum Goon PM says mafia can put people into a box, so I don't imagine being put in there is anything good. We can probably just vote like normal.
But....

What's in the box?!?(In my best Brad Pitt voice)
Uhhh...cyanide, probably.
Ugh.

You are the worst Alainnna

Pre Edit: I get that Alaina, but.....scum is less likely to lolHammer, they are more likely to to be worried about a buddy being at E-1 though....

Merlyn, why didn't you announce they were at E-1 when you voted them, did you not realize the VC at that point?
I did not
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by Merlyn »

to be fair, Drew and I are ancients who are referencing Se7en, a movie made in 1995.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:26 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 164, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 123, Merlyn wrote:
In post 122, heipizhu4 wrote: My current reading list:
Merlyn, imagine, Alian(n)a: neutral
Not lots of posts, tbh. Merlyn has only made 3 posts (which gives little information), imagine has only 1 post in as an rvs post, Aliana has some interactions with me, but kind of reluctant to think about the setup, not sure why
Doctor: a bit scumlean. Before , his post are all greeting posts, rather genuine. Then he skipped the gm discussion part, and voted for me. Kind of sussy, but I'll keep an eye in drew.
Bianco: townlean. Honestly. He has made several experiments on the setup, and his reasoning is fine on voting me, really.
ceej: neutral. Several one liners, just like his previous games.
Ircher: Hi, thanks for the defend! A tl on you, but not enough for a town read currently (cause the lack of information on the day1 of day1 lol)
Jason: I like his , but his scumread on me, idk, is 'single reasoned'. Not something I like. Neutral for now.

An ISO on myself: This player has done lots of lists and exploration on the setup, however, his intention to vote himself out is suspicious. Scumlean on him

That's another reason why I'm fine with you guys voting me. I tried to be 100% genuine here, but looking at myself's iso, I have sus on myself as well. Let's see what will happen next after I post this.
This is honestly one of the most frustrating things I see people in mafia doing. The game opened 21 hours ago , don't be throwing shade for 'low post count'. I don't like this whole, I have sus on myself thing... Like what? VOTE: hep
Could you elaborate more on why you think his behavior here is suspicious enough for the vote?
It's one of those posts that look productive and long, but in actuality don't have a lot of content
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 174, Aliana wrote: This one concerns me the most. Saying you had 3 posts and that the posts gave little information is not shade, it's just a fact. He didn't even scumread you for it or imply that your low post count was scummy. The vote feels a little defensive.
It is shade bc it's completely out of context. It reads like I'm lurking. The missing context is that the game had opened literally less than one day ago, I slept 8 hours of that 21 hours and still posted 3 times. It wasn't possible to give any information bc the posts till that point are RVS and game mech theory.

Let me clear here in case I'm not: I'm not personally hurt or something. It always pings me when I see folks who post things that are worded in a misleading way. It's a good way to control the narrative as the game evolves.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 180, Doctor Drew wrote: There was a vibe I was getting so I voted them, felt like it was better than to just say they are hitting me in he vibes. I am not searching partners per se as well, but I found it interesting that Bianco had an issue with a couple votes in Heip.

And Merlyn's unvote of heip most certainly could come from scum, especially if they didn't realize they put them at E-1.

I know as town, even after realizing it was E-1, I would probably keep my vote there.
So you're finding heip's answers to be scummy? I personally have them in the 'keep an eye on, but move on for now' box
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 184, Aliana wrote:
In post 178, Merlyn wrote:
In post 174, Aliana wrote: This one concerns me the most. Saying you had 3 posts and that the posts gave little information is not shade, it's just a fact. He didn't even scumread you for it or imply that your low post count was scummy. The vote feels a little defensive.
It is shade bc it's completely out of context. It reads like I'm lurking. The missing context is that the game had opened literally less than one day ago, I slept 8 hours of that 21 hours and still posted 3 times. It wasn't possible to give any information bc the posts till that point are RVS and game mech theory.

Let me clear here in case I'm not: I'm not personally hurt or something. It always pings me when I see folks who post things that are worded in a misleading way. It's a good way to control the narrative as the game evolves.
I think you're reading too much into it. They made reads on the entire playerlist, what were they going to say about you other than "neutral, no info"?
I really don't see how that post was painting you as lurking or trying to control the narrative about you, and it seems strange to me to imply that it is.

VOTE: Merlyn
I might be reading too much into it, but I didn't imply anything, I flat out said that the post was doing those things and I pointed out why. We can not agree on it, but thinking it's strange that I brought it up is a bit much.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 183, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 181, Merlyn wrote:
In post 180, Doctor Drew wrote: There was a vibe I was getting so I voted them, felt like it was better than to just say they are hitting me in he vibes. I am not searching partners per se as well, but I found it interesting that Bianco had an issue with a couple votes in Heip.

And Merlyn's unvote of heip most certainly could come from scum, especially if they didn't realize they put them at E-1.

I know as town, even after realizing it was E-1, I would probably keep my vote there.
So you're finding heip's answers to be scummy? I personally have them in the 'keep an eye on, but move on for now' box
It was a vibe, like I said, there really wasn't a strong 'obv scum' vibe....but enough to drop a purposeful naked vote, and the let Jesus take the wheel.

Why did you vote them in the first place? And why did you say I don't want them to die right now(paraphrasing, too lazy too go back for your exact quote lol). I actually am leaning more that you were scum jumping on a mis-elim and the had an oh fuck moment when you realized it was an E-1 vote.

I want to here from Heip though, I asked a question of them I don't believe they answered.
So, you're saying that as scum, I would be...what, frightened to have brought someone to E-1? I don't get that at all. I voted them bc I found something sus in what they said, and I like to vote, but I don't plan to lim on a pressure vote.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 182, biancospino wrote:
In post 178, Merlyn wrote:
That's a wierdly defensive stance, I don't think anybody was afraid you were hurt personally? That sounds a way out of proportion thing to mention
I do think Alianna thought that.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Nah son I never fear being on a wagon as scum
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 191, Aliana wrote:

P-edit re: : Why so? I don't recall thinking that.
I thought when you said I was defensive, I thought you meant that I was getting defensive saying I wasn't lurking. Like, you impugn my honor sir! What did you mean then?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 194, Aliana wrote:
In post 193, Merlyn wrote:

I thought when you said I was defensive, I thought you meant that I was getting defensive saying I wasn't lurking. Like, you impugn my honor sir! What did you mean then?
I thought you looked like you were paranoid about getting scumread and jumping to defend yourself against anything that you think might be an accusation.
What, that early? I'm new but I'm not that new.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Heip, are you new to mafia?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by Merlyn »

well I thought I was making them all along lol
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 204, Ircher wrote:
In post 198, Aliana wrote:
In post 195, Merlyn wrote:
In post 194, Aliana wrote:
In post 193, Merlyn wrote:

I thought you looked like you were paranoid about getting scumread and jumping to defend yourself against anything that you think might be an accusation.
What, that early? I'm new but I'm not that new.
In post 197, Merlyn wrote: Heip, are you new to mafia?
Why do you have to be making good posts now?
I don't see anything that really changed from Merlyn, so this strikes me as odd. From the posts you quoted, the first one is merely a defensive post doesn't say much at all, and the second is a question with an obvious answer if you've been paying attentionnto what heipizhu4 has been saying.
Maybe someday it'll be obvious to me too, but I figured they were an alt
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Merlyn »

mea culpa, I missed that
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 215, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 214, Doctor Drew wrote: Well I could see in more or less real time how you react to being scum read when you are town, I know it isn't a huge thing, but does help me out.
That reaction wasn't to being scum-read to be clear, but i'd rather not dwell on that one any more then we have.

If you wanted to really see me Town in real time, it'd have to be in a hydra :P
you two are forbidden from making a hydra of that destructive power
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 220, Doctor Drew wrote: This does really seem like 'lack of confidence in reads' from Allan that I have seen multiple times from them as town.
Hey, have you played with Alessia as scum before? I haven't yet, but I think she's talented, enough that her scumplay could look like her townplay.
In post 221, Aliana wrote:
In post 220, Doctor Drew wrote: This does really seem like 'lack of confidence in reads' from Allan that I have seen multiple times from them as town.
Yeah, that's town!me for you.
(also Allan? That might be the worst you've butchered it!)
Well okay, since you're vouching for yourself, question for you- what would scum!you do that's different?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 233, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 232, heipizhu4 wrote: Because it's a scumplay to do inaccurate quotes.
They aren't inaccurate quotes if i'm simply explaining why i started scum reading you, i'm not using them to build a scum case, i'm using them to explain my original vote.
In post 232, heipizhu4 wrote: I have previously mentioned that agreed with some of your accusations on me, but I can't really say I like this one.
Why do you think me making those quotes is an accusation on you?

This seems overly defensive.
Well, it's kind of dramatic to frame it as an accusation but essentially it's true though, right? You're accusing them of being scum though, right? You used the quotes to explain why you started scum reading them.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Merlyn »

@Imaginality- I'm rereading your case on drew in 169, and what did you mean to link to when you said you liked the case for Drew in 146?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:40 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 239, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 236, Merlyn wrote:
In post 233, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 232, heipizhu4 wrote: Because it's a scumplay to do inaccurate quotes.
They aren't inaccurate quotes if i'm simply explaining why i started scum reading you, i'm not using them to build a scum case, i'm using them to explain my original vote.
In post 232, heipizhu4 wrote: I have previously mentioned that agreed with some of your accusations on me, but I can't really say I like this one.
Why do you think me making those quotes is an accusation on you?

This seems overly defensive.
Well, it's kind of dramatic to frame it as an accusation but essentially it's true though, right? You're accusing them of being scum though, right? You used the quotes to explain why you started scum reading them.
Merlyn, just a reminder that this was my reasoning for a vote on Page 4, when we were basically in RVS, i don't need a lot of reason to make a real vote, and i think what i quoted was reasoning enough.

Whether Heip likes the quotes or not is basically irrelevant to me, and frankly arguing that i'm misquoting them as scumplay is just dumb.
Yeah, I get that, your vote seemed fine to me. I was talking about you asking Heip why they used the word 'accusation', and I don't see a problem with them using the word
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 242, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 235, Merlyn wrote:
Hey, have you played with Alessia as scum before? I haven't yet, but I think she's talented, enough that her scumplay could look like her townplay.
It is true that I have only seen scumAltoona in a hydra so I don't really have their scum game down(but I should probably look at that game again to see something in there hat can help), but I always get a transparency from their town game that I feel would be hard to fake if scum. Not gonna hard defend her per se, just I don't see much that tells me she is scum here.
I do vibe with this take, even if my tinfoil hat always wants to challenge her to a thunderdome
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 249, Doctor Drew wrote: Alaska, I don't believe I remember reading their read on Heip, nor did I comment on any read they had on Heip.

Heip even responded directly to me saying essentially they missed the post(Where I asked about a possible agenda), which is fine.

Ircher keeps going out of their way to WK Heip, and I am trying to figure out THAT motivation.
What's happening? I feel all the things Drew says are...reasonable and right?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 262, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 259, Merlyn wrote: Yeah, I get that, your vote seemed fine to me. I was talking about you asking Heip why they used the word 'accusation', and I don't see a problem with them using the word
Why do you not want to have Heip address the way that it was worded?

Also weird that you doing this at a minor part of what the whole post was, and my main point was using the word Accusation like it was used, kind of implies that it's a current part of my argument against Heip (Heip refers to the rest of my current arguments at the same time)

You may think that just saying that Accusation is the correct word to use clears this up, but it really doesn't.
Heip can addresss whatever they want, but you're not having a conversation in a void. I didn't (and still don't) think that was a good question that you asked, but I wanted to see if it was just a wording thing on your part.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by Merlyn »

re:read- If you're saying I'm messing with you building a case I'll back off
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Merlyn »

Accordion :dead: :dead:
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 272, imaginality wrote:
In post 237, Merlyn wrote: @Imaginality- I'm rereading your case on drew in 169, and what did you mean to link to when you said you liked the case for Drew in 146?
Typo, I meant about Drew already discussing multiple possibilities for associatives.
In post 250, biancospino wrote:
In post 249, Doctor Drew wrote: Point to where I said they could be partners please.

This discredit attempt is unlike you.....Io sono deluso.
"going out of your way" implies strong intent to me.
Ircher keeps going out of their way to WK Heip, and I am trying to figure out THAT motivation.
See, that would be the
other
interpretation but I though you were sr'ing heip?
This makes me think Drew and Ircher aren't scumbuddies because I don't think scum!Drew would call out scum!Ircher for wk-ing town!Heip.
Okay, that makes sense to me. I kind of like this reasoning, but are you concerned that Drew and Bianco are your main sr's but it's Bianco's argument against Drew that you're using to make your case?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 284, Doctor Drew wrote: There always is a 'plausible' explanation when someone has some heat on them. And why shouldn't a newer player be given a free pass just because they are new?

You are contradicting yourself in this very post, you are just saying 'nope they are new, no way they can't be scum'.
This isn't wrong, but do you really believe what you're arguing? You're not voting heip or ircher
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 287, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 286, Merlyn wrote:
In post 284, Doctor Drew wrote: There always is a 'plausible' explanation when someone has some heat on them. And why shouldn't a newer player be given a free pass just because they are new?

You are contradicting yourself in this very post, you are just saying 'nope they are new, no way they can't be scum'.
This isn't wrong, but do you really believe what you're arguing? You're not voting heip or ircher
Consider me voting Ircher in spirit.

I still like my vote on you.
We're not allowed to do gifs, but consider this the text version of the peanut m&m:

(ಠ_ಠ)
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:08 am

Post by Merlyn »

@hep the mods use something to make the deadline counter dynamic, so no matter what page you see it on it's always ticking down to the correct time
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:12 am

Post by Merlyn »

Drew, you think Ircher is scummy bc of they way they defended heip, yes? The implication being that they're sticking their neck out for their scumbuddy. But you say you think it's me and Ircher together as scum. So how does that add up?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:46 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 304, biancospino wrote:
In post 298, Merlyn wrote: Drew, you think Ircher is scummy bc of they way they defended heip, yes? The implication being that they're sticking their neck out for their scumbuddy. But you say you think it's me and Ircher together as scum. So how does that add up?
Mhm, no, and we've gone over this point already; , .
Drew, you look different today! Is it your hair?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Merlyn »

ah, the patented "voting Merlyn for vibes" vote that's happened so much in this game.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:48 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 310, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 309, Merlyn wrote: ah, the patented "voting Merlyn for vibes" vote that's happened so much in this game.
Don't like being caught for the wrong reasons?
Not gonna answer the question, huh?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by Merlyn »

What I can't get about it is that it didn't come from you. I like the explanation, but two other players provided it for you. I was interested to see if you'd come up with your own answer or just let them do the explaining for you.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Okay, here's my current reads:

Spoiler: beware of the wall!

Ceejay- I like their posts a lot- I like the way they look for things they find strange and use their vote to pressure.

Jason- I haven’t learned to read Jason well yet, he’s got a very good scumgame. But I’m going with town for little things, like shutting down an extraneous convo that sprung up between him and Drew instead of letting it distract from scumhunting.

Bianco- there is a ton of what I think of as ‘hole-poking’ posts, where someone pokes holes in another persons thought process. I actually like it when people do this, but it’s probably worth noting that there’s not a lot of real case building on their own.

Drew- ugh, I haven’t learned to read Drew yet either. I feel like he’s sliding by piggybacking on other people’s opinions, but I’ve seen him down this as town too.

Imaginality- 5 posts, null read

Aliana- All posts are about mech or jokes until page 6. Page 7 is the first scumhunting, it’s on me and she’s stuck with it. Could it be town who’s just feeling convinced they’ve solved early? Yes, of course, but that’s not my usual take on how Aliana works. Usually there’s a ton of hesitancy and questioning her own reads. This might be scum flying under the radar here

Heip- they’re new, and I think it’s so easy to let scumtells slip by bc experienced players are too generous with their townreads. I think they could be scum, who, with a litte coaching from a partner, has righted the ship.

Ircher- so here’s something interesting- 15 of Irchers 28 posts are about or related to heip. I was kind leaning towards ‘overgenerous experienced player who is trying to help someone new’ but after I read all the posts in succession like that I swung towards trying to save a partner.

So yeah, VOTE: Ircher
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #42) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Well, I had a feeling it was leading up to this so I'm glad I got the readlist out while I could. Good luck town! I'm kind of excited to see if anything happens in the box lol
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Anagram, if I still exist in the spirit plane, I WiLl TrY aNd SpEaK tO yOu FrOm ThE BoOoOoX
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:19 pm

Post by Merlyn »

(Im kidding just to be clear, I'm not listing a future action. This game has me paranoid)
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by Merlyn »

that was incredible
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Well, I .....good game town??
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Merlyn »

give em 24 hours and then release if no response?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”