Micro 374: Baby Enough Scum 8p - GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:41 am

Post by Doogal121 »

Hey yall. I'm here. Sorry I missed day one. Reading now. Post in a couple hours.
V/LA Weekends and Major Holidays.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:03 am

Post by Doogal121 »

Phallacy, Why are you so aggressive toward what is clearly something not serious. Are there other games where you have been this aggressive over such light issues?
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:12 am

Post by Doogal121 »

My thoughts so far... Wiener boy and Bomb are having some type of shower swordfight here. I find Phallacy slightly scummy for starting the whole thing, kablooey I still have a null read on. Bins, thanks for treatise on RVS. Was an interesting read and made me realize that I wasn't playing correctly before. Since I keep dying on Day 1, I guess it's time to try something different. I have a decent town read from TN for the complete lack of caring when the finger got pointed at him ("want a cookie").

Vote: Phallacy
L-3
I don't believe that this is real scum hunting, it seems more like stirring up trouble over nothing.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:39 am

Post by Doogal121 »

I'm no expert, I've never made it past day one. Never claimed to be.

As for putting someone at L-3, how come no complaints when Bins was put there, and why do you currently have Bomb Boy there.... If you truly were concerned you could unvote....
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:29 am

Post by Doogal121 »

Phallacy, would you prefer I sit on the sidelines and shut up? If you have no information about my opinions prior to a flip or nightkill, how can you reconcile the flip information with my previous comments? At that point, it's just a random game with random votes and random deaths. There is no way the town can win like that.

As for making it past day one, I haven't spoken about the particulars behind it, but it's not because of lack of attempting to scumhunt, I assure you.

We can agree that we need some Dorito's here.

Sala, please tell me that hammer in 2 pages comment was a joke.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:36 am

Post by Doogal121 »

Phallacy #2, thank you for posting a well thought out explanation as to what is really going on. It's much easier to read than the random aggression in the previous posts. I'm starting to believe you.

I was in a past game where two townies went at it tooth and nail all game and all it did was result in an easy Mafia win as nobody else ended up being scum hunted. It was awful and I'm getting those vibes again.

UNVOTE

Sal, please explain why you picked Bins over Stupid or myself. All three of us are fairly light activity wise, we should all be valid targets for potential SK slots using the SK = Lurker logic.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 112, Not_Mafia wrote: Otherwise you didn't get us out of RVS, Phallacy (and Stupendous man to a lesser extent) did.

NM, can you explain what Stupendous did? Because I'm not seeing it.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:11 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 83, Salamence20 wrote:Wait, mafia dont kill at night. So offing the SK is more optimal to make this nightless.

I was thinking a speedlynch would increase the chances of cross-killing but this changes.

Thinking

In post 102, tn5421 wrote:
In post 97, Salamence20 wrote:So TN, you think it was anti-town to quicklynch?

I mean, at the time (when i thought mafia could kill), do you think mafia would try to find the SK and keep him alive to endgame him and keep from making this game nightless? I think my ideas very optimal (yet unorthodox, I agree)

I wasn't aware at the time that the mafia faction didn't command a nightkill. I think that the SK is more likely to try to take out the mafia doctor first, or just the doctors in general.

I suppose quicklynching in this setup is less bad than doing so in other setups. But it is still not my first option.

In post 140, Phallacy wrote:
In post 57, tn5421 wrote:
I'm inclined to believe until Phallacy hops off of the 'oh you voted the mod you must be scummy' train of thought.

You are, of course, entitled to be wrong.

If you would like to seriously discuss the issue and not try to offer placation as an incentive to accept your chainsaw, let me know. I'd be happy to.

In post 58, kabooooom wrote:is this yours and phallacy's master plan to irritate players till they replace out?! Cos if this is, just say it i don't think i will be able to take this shit anymore!

You're irritated by people questioning your motives in a
mafia
game? Really? Or are you playing the victim for sympathy?

In post 60, kabooooom wrote:

yes. But don't you see his changing nature?
he is trying to generate discussion, get reaction and scumhunt. But when i accuse him of fake scumhunting, unable to reply he is just like he doesn't care.
that's a scum, right there!

You 'accused' without evidence. The two appropriate ways to deal with argument by assertion are counterassertion and ridicule. I have responded with counterassertion. Would you rather I use ridicule?

Further, assigning a narrative like this is incredibly scummy. Town at this stage will be expending effort on ascertaining the motives behind actions. Notice how bins, sm, and I have all spent the vast majority of our words asking questions and theorizing, while you have spent most of yours trying to convince others of the nefarious motives you've already decided on.

In post 63, Doogal121 wrote:Phallacy, Why are you so aggressive toward what is clearly something not serious. Are there other games where you have been this aggressive over such light issues?

Yes, when called for. Of course, linking them would defeat the purpose of having an alt :wink:

Particularly though, in this setup scum have extra incentive to avoid conflict as much as possible. Voting the mod and pushing a pregame joke are really good ways to avoid making enemies
and
avoid associating himself with his scumpartner. Kabloomers' interaction with SM stood out to me; he engaged SM with the joke, but as soon as SM made lightly game related content he disengaged and went back to voting the mod. No interaction, no digging, just flippant humor and an attempt to avoid notice.

This is only lightly indicative, but kaboooom responded to the correspondingly light suspicion with OMGUS and defensiveness. Partly I'm intrigued by the overreaction and partly I've scented blood and am resisting the temptation to break the pheasant's neck.

In post 67, Bins wrote:My only real problem with Phallacy's play isn't his aggressiveness, but that he didn't accept "cos it's RVS" as an answer. Especially since I cleared up that there really was no other answer.

No, there can be another answer. "I thought it was funny" would be an answer. "I'm trying to annoy the mod" would be an answer. Instead, the answer we got was "Because I can, do you have a problem with that?" which is a dodge both as a nonanswer and an attempt to shift the focus.

In post 78, kabooooom wrote:Avoids any kind of discussion with me.

Argument by assertion. Also totally false. I've attempted to engage you repeatedly.

In post 78, kabooooom wrote:Then why didnt you pressure me with your full capacity? you didnt even vote me when you first mentioned me scummy.

I already answered this. Interaction involves you actually reading what I write to you.

In post 81, Phallacy wrote:LOL kaboom. You signed up a few months ago. We are a hydra of two very experienced players with high win rates. I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself now.
:igmeou: I thought we weren't gonna talk about this.

In post 137, Salamence20 wrote:
#81 Phallacy, I want you to out your players. If you want to bring up how more expierenced than boom, you need to prove it, im not taking your word.

Want in one hand. Shit in the other. See which fills up first.

If you want some name drops: I'm a hydra of Adel and Pooky. And that's all you're getting.

My partner was wrong to bring up our experience. He's a very intuitive and emotional player, which I find incredibly valuable since I am exactly the opposite, but he tends to take arguments too far and gets too invested. He's feeling flustered over being lectured by kaboom, who is clearly wrong. He overreacted to Doogal, who suggested that our scumhunting was fake.

It was rude and I apologize.

When I brought up my experience the first time, I was attempting to counter Kaboom's attempt to shut bins out of the discussion with an appeal to false authority. I still feel that this is a valid point. He attacked her credibility rather than discussing the theory, then refused to engage when I took away his excuse for not discussing.

In post 137, Salamence20 wrote:About RVS. RVS'ing the mod is not a bad choice, but RVS is not truly random. Therefore Boom is trying to connect with TN by voting the mod.

Maybe. Buddying is quite strong for both flavors of scum here.

In post 137, Salamence20 wrote:First of all, SK hunting > Mafia hunting.

Obviously. Why do you think boom is groupscum and not the SK? And why with Doogal?

I did know the mafia had no kill. I was under the impression my partner knew that as well, but apparently not.

My SK list looks like this:

{boom, tn, sal, doogal, bins}

BTW slayer's is awful.

Sorry for the awful quoting, I'm still getting the hang of this. I'm as old as my avatar looks. In fact, that's a self portrait.

@Sala, @TN, @Phallas.... Srsly, none of you read the game description and the roles ahead of time? Really?
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:31 am

Post by Doogal121 »

Bins, TN has flippant responses whenever any thing gets pointed his way, makes him seem townish.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Doogal121 »

I disappeared. Busy day at work, will be back on to post more later.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Doogal121 »

My reads so far, none really strong.
TN – Leans town
Bins – Leans town.
Stupendous –Leans town.
Not Mafia – not sure. Came in with a strong town post and then kinda lurked back a little once he was universally read as townie. Possible SK
Phallacy-Kabomb. I think one is scum, one is town, not sure which one yet.
Sala – I really suspect SK with the whole “let’s get the SK” thing going on.

I get that getting the SK is the most important priority here, but getting Mafia is also pretty important as well. If we get one of them, they lose their only ability to work together as a team to manipulate the vote. Then it’s just one person hoping to avoid the noose(or nightkill).

Plus a night kill could also hit Mafia.

I’d be ok with lynching the following (Phall-Kabomb-NM-Sala).

Vote Kabomb
L-2
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:19 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 239, Not_Mafia wrote:When did you start scum reading Kaboooom? Before you were saying Phallacy was fake scumhunting him

Phallacy hydra 2 in 140 made a case that I could understand against Kabomby (and I indicated such in 145). I'm pretty sure one of them is scum and I'm 60-40 leaning against Kabomby (All he did was defend, defend, defend and then disappear. He at no point started to scumhunt someone else, which makes me think that he knows he is scum). I wouldn't put it past Phallacy to tunnel as mafia against the first player to show some defensive tenancies, which is why I think if boomy flips town, Phallacy is prob scum.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:53 am

Post by Doogal121 »

@Mod. When is the deadline? It's always been 9 Days, 6 Hours, 26 Minutes from the last vote count.

@kaboom. How LA are you going to be? You've got a ton of pressure on you and you are potentially disappearing till after the deadline.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:59 am

Post by Doogal121 »

As for the whole SK/Mafia which is better thing, there is a mafia doc out there as well that would be protecting the goon from the SK, giving the mafia a huge advantage, but only if both scum are alive. Lose either one and the PR is useless.

Bottom line, Lynching SK is amazing, Lynching either Mafia player is really good.

I'm still sticking with Kaboom for now. (defend, defend, defend, disappear and now LA till after deadline, without putting his vote somewhere helpful while gone. I doubt somebody else is going to start a Phallacy wagon.)
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:06 am

Post by Doogal121 »

@Bins - RE: Your RL situation... Do you see things getting better or worse over the next week or two?

@Sala - How would you feel about Boom tonight and Bins tomorrow?
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:08 am

Post by Doogal121 »

In post 256, Bins wrote:Phone posting
Will address my vote once on computer

Doogal, hopefully better, but idk
Why would you be ok with my lynch tomorrow if you put me leaning town?

I'm not sure I would be OK with your lynch tomorrow, that all depends upon flips/VCA/Night kills, but I wanted to know how Sala felt about you. Was he so strong on you that he'd be unwilling to go to kaboom, or was he willing to go to kaboom for today and back to you tomorrow.
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:36 am

Post by Doogal121 »

Hey yall,I'm still new at this, can somebody explain the advantages of voting NL at this point?

Right now I'm strongly suspicious of Sala for two reasons. One, the whole lets hunt SK thing yesterday still sits in my craw uncomfortably. Secondly, using level 1 WIFOM, and assuming that the optimal play for SK is to lay back, Sala is doing the exact opposite.

Sala, did you shoot Bins last night?

(Witholding my vote till the NL <> Lynch discussion)
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:27 am

Post by Doogal121 »

I'm thinking NL today, hope for a doc protect, that gives us 2 conf townies...

If we lynch today, we might ML the doc and really screw ourselves. Even if we don't lynch them, a claim from them would get them killed overnight.

Arguments against this?
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results
Doogal121
Doogal121
Goon
Doogal121
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:11 am

Post by Doogal121 »

NM, there weren't any dead QT's, at least as far as I was told.

Why did everybody think I was the SK and why wasn't I even given a chance to claim?
Record 1-3
My Wiki with all results

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”