VT:
VT:
VT:
VT:

Announcing Roaming Watcher:
Loud Compulsive Visitor:
Goon:

____

Loud Announcing JOAT(watcher-finder, motion-finder, track, neapolitan:)
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2, Enchant wrote:Seems like JOAT designed to be superrole among superroles that you gives it own tier.
Lmao. I put that there in case I forgot what it did. Maybe I did think that way though subconsciously when I made the setup.

Subject: Mini Normal 2288: Reposting Same Picture As Flavor Are Lame
Andante wrote:
In post 4, Herta wrote:IMA BE LOUD!
IMA BE LOUDER!

The funny thing is that I can't tell if this is a crumb or just Andante personality:

Loud Roaming Motion Detector: herta, [Andante?]
Loud Novice Follower: herta, [Andante?]
Announcing Compulsive Voyeur:
Announcing Lazy Hider:
Loud Announcing JOAT: herta, [Andante?]
Activated Innocent Child:
VT:
VT:
VT:
VT:

Announcing Roaming Watcher:
Loud Compulsive Visitor: [herta?]
Goon:

____

Loud Announcing JOAT(watcher-finder, motion-finder, track, neapolitan)

I also can't tell if Andante high wim is because she drew the JOAT role. I think it's town indicative though.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

This looks TPR/scum imo.

Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: GamerGryff
Still need that personal PT unlocked :P

Btw I’d like to make a suggestion for this game: everyone should post a full read list at least once per day phase. You can update when and how you’d like, if you like, but the one list is highly recommended.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Gryff and redFF potential page 1 scum reads.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:59 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Gamma Announcing I think. And maybe also Compulsive.

Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 16, Andante wrote:
In post 6, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: GamerGryff
Still need that personal PT unlocked :P

Btw I’d like to make a suggestion for this game: everyone should post a full read list at least once per day phase. You can update when and how you’d like, if you like, but the one list is highly recommended.
tbh that's probably what I was going to end up doing, like "yo here's my current reads, see yall tomorrow"
just gonna let all of you know right now, I will only be around at roughly this time, like 6ish - 10ish mountain time (at night, not 6am lol) (you're welcome, no one uses mountain time, but I do! ha!)
so uhh yeah if any of yall ever want to talk in live time, that's probably your best shot.

not gonna lie, I was half expecting this to start like 6 hours ago, and then I'd be showing up to like 200 posts, but here basically right at day start LETS GOOOOO I'll save the walls for later :)

(And first readslist probably comes tomorrow tbh)

oh wait one more thing on this actually, sorry I get super distracted. I find it interesting though that your first post is "hey yall I want daily reads lists" it seems odd, like I like seeing what people naturally do, like often if town posts a readslist, and it's the first main one of the game, then scum see it, panic, and post one solely to look towny, it's kinda why I don't start asking for lists from people till later, not post 1 day 1... hmm at first I really liked your post, but now I'm like "wait up.. not actually as towny as I think" and now it's "you're overthinking this.." hahaha ok, moving on. must. keep. reading!
That’s entirely fair
I just had the idea in pregame so I figured I’d vocalize it immediately.
I think this is Announcing lmao.

The reads list once a day thing may be a reference to Compulsive. Could Gamma be an Announcing Compulsive Voyeur? We'll see.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

My feeling is that this is a scum post:

redFF wrote:
In post 16, Andante wrote:oh wait one more thing on this actually, sorry I get super distracted. I find it interesting though that your first post is "hey yall I want daily reads lists" it seems odd, like I like seeing what people naturally do, like often if town posts a readslist, and it's the first main one of the game, then scum see it, panic, and post one solely to look towny, it's kinda why I don't start asking for lists from people till later, not post 1 day 1... hmm at first I really liked your post, but now I'm like "wait up.. not actually as towny as I think" and now it's "you're overthinking this.." hahaha ok, moving on. must. keep. reading!
i thought that too, a little try hard, trying to look town type stuff

but im more leaning its not alignment indicative.
I don't think redFF is being truthful here.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Novice Follower crumb IMO

Lazy Shirou wrote:i'm not doing much of anything in this game until dunno

day 2 or day 3

i'm playing this game lazily and no one can stop i wanna try something since this seems like a more chill playerlist
Confounding factor here with the name of the alt "Lazy Shirou" making unclear whether it's a lazy crumb.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:52 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Taly wrote:cause reads D1 are usually built off arbitrary measurements of sincerity that are too subjective to be as generalized as they are and some argue that it informs scum who best to NK

Now I think the exact opposite can be argued in town's favor, so i wonder why you wanted me to describe why it's a
bad
idea? that's an interesting narrow of dialogue options.

Ok I have to actually sleep now
Taly, redFF, Gryff early scum reads.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:20 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 158, Taly wrote: I'll be straightforward:

In , you said nobody can give off a real scum ping in D1 to
Gamer

Later with , you agreed with
Herta
that it's easier to catch you as scum earlier.

You followed that up with ending the day quickly and placed a vote.

This reads as deflective because you're comfortable with getting a pass for now off the basis of a real scum ping on you, but you're fine with eliminating another player without that.

The mismatch in expectation gave me pause.
This just looks really scummy to me.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:24 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 146, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 131, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 121, GamerGryff wrote:See above. Second question: Appropriate threshold is definitely less than half of the votes required to lynch. In this case, that's 3.
Seems arbitrary. You can't apply pressure like that.
You're missing the point. We don't need to apply pressure so quickly. It's hasty.
In post 136, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 121, GamerGryff wrote:lynching
we don't use this anymore FYI
In post 0, mith wrote:For many years, the word “lynch” was used to describe the person who was voted out by town in a mafia game. We no longer allow this word to be used.
Duly noted. I haven't played a game in years, so I was not aware of this, I will refrain from using it. If there's a different word we use now, it'd be nice to know.
Yeah I think this post is scummy. Taly and Gryff seem +scum to me so far based off the first few pages.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:46 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Enchant if you drew the activated innocent child role would you consider activating it right now?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 13, Enchant wrote: I never activate it, unless i am in immediate danger or it wins game. I would actually remain unclaimed even in ELO, fakeclaiming VT or something. Can afford.

I am not really big player to be conftown too early. But unloading it lategame is devastating.
That's funny because I was considering the opposite and activating it right away. My rationale was that it would take me off everyone's suspect list and slightly improve the chance Town FoS scum correctly. I thought the whole Town having slightly more accurate reads at the beginning might accumulate into an extra scum getting eliminated later on, like on D3.
In post 254, Brickwalll wrote: Taly, what are your thoughts around Geraintm's post ? He gets checked N1 but holds off and performs an action N2 instead. Looks clean but clever scum play?
In post 255, Brickwalll wrote: Correction, post VOTE: 247. Don't know where 294 came from.
In post 256, Brickwalll wrote: Wow, having a mare sorry. Long day at work.

- it is right this time. Sorry everyone!
In post 257, Brickwalll wrote: UNVOTE:

VOTE: Gamma

Embarrassing myself here :roll:
I really hope Brickwall is Town because this looks like something I would write as scum to make players not want to vote me.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 258, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 253, Taly wrote:
In post 251, Kowahbunga wrote: Hi taly, how can i jog your memory for that question you wanted to ask me?
what are your reads or thoughts outside of
Andante
? your ISO is centered around that read so far
I've done myself no favours worrying about it so much but have felt the need to defend myself.

So I don't have any other serious reads. But that's also going to be normal for me because I've never been the type of player that likes to make a list of names and write “scum lean/town lean” or anything similar.

I read each post and examine it in the moment as “would I say that as town?” Or “would I say that as scum?” - and then proceed accordingly from which I think makes the most sense.

I seriously doubt I turn my attention away from Andante today. I'm satisfied with my feelings on them, and will let the rest of the players decide what's best.
Kowabunga looks to me like Town who is getting piled on early. However, I could be wrong.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 251, Kowahbunga wrote: Hi taly, how can i jog your memory for that question you wanted to ask me?
Posts like this make me think Kowahbunga is +scum. If they're telling the truth it's good to figure out though because then the earnestness here can be helpful in the mid game.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm guessing Penguin is TPR solely based on activity level.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm guessing penguin is the innocent child.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 18, Frogsterking wrote: I'm guessing penguin is the innocent child.
Or JOAT maybe.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:59 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm pretty sure this is the Novice Follower.

In post 366, Lazy Shirou wrote: finally caught up and mulled over everything else slowly on a new experimental style. right now i'm more or less here:

[Andante] - town read
[Klick] - town lean
[Brickwall, PP**] - nulltown
[HC, geraintm, redFF, Taly***] - null
[Herta, Kowahbunga*] - nullscum
[Gamma, GammerGryff] - scum lean
[] - scum read

* - i believe kowa can easily be either alignment, either newbie town or scum, not having anything other than a suspicion on andante is unusual but i could see it coming from a newbie town/someone not used to andante

** - if there's someone i'm wrong on my nulltowns/above, atm i think it's PP but he seems to be having his own thoughts on stuff

*** - i considered putting taly above in nulltown but i don't feel there's quite enough

i'm not sure i feel like explaining every other read unless necessary though so...

maybe i should focus on my suspects a bit?
This is the Novice Follower IMO. They are taking on the characteristics of it in their play.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Loud Roaming Motion Detector: [herta?] [Andante?]
Loud Novice Follower: Lazy Shirou
Announcing Compulsive Voyeur: Gamma
Announcing Lazy Hider: [Penguin?]
Loud Announcing JOAT: [herta?] [Andante?] [Penguin?]
Activated Innocent Child: [Penguin?]
VT:
VT:
VT:
VT: [Taly?][Klick?][redFF?][gryff?][kowabunga?]

Announcing Roaming Watcher: [Taly?][Klick?]
Loud Compulsive Visitor: [herta?]
Goon: [redFF?][gryff?][kowabunga?]

____

Loud Announcing JOAT(watcher-finder, motion-finder, track, neapolitan)

I also can't tell if Andante high wim is because she drew the JOAT role. I think it's town indicative though.

I should reread Taly and see if they can be the Hider.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Brickwall, Haschel, geraintm I need to think about still.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Haschel could be Hider hoping to bait the NK?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I would want to eliminate in redFF/gryff and keep close attention on Klick and Taly.

In post 389, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 386, Lazy Shirou wrote: my early reads are often better than my late reads
i meant this, i can't forget my early impressions they may be important later
A player after my own heart. I wonder if self-quoting is more likely to come from Town?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

[redFF] watcher maybe?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:09 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 390, Kowahbunga wrote: I've been reading everything. Trying to find something to care about, but there's nothing. I don't have it in me to BS a read on someone off of any of what's being said. And that's exactly what any read I give you would be at this point, pure BS. I have no clue who is scum and D1 could last another 6 years and I still wouldn't find any reason to scum read anyone. The only reason I have a scum read on Andante has been mentioned, and it's there and it's what I'm going with until I have information that tells me something else.

There are literally no questions I could ask or answer that are going to make me town lean or scum lean any of you right now. I've played this game enough to know that I don't have this apparent foresight that so many appear to have D1 to know and solve the game. You know how I solve a game? Information. You know what I have absolutely zero of? Information.

So I'm just going to tell you how I wish this game was played and I look forward to seeing all of you tell me it's the wrong way to play.

First off, D1 should be a quick no elimination. A quick no elimination in D1 does so much for town, in my opinion. First it tells scum nothing, they already have more information than us to start, and the only way we win is to pass the amount of information they have. So give them no extra information D1 to focus a kill and make it completely random so they have to get even more lucky than usual to kill someone important. More times than not, because I would imagine there's going to be more not so useful town powers than useful town powers, town will escape N1 without any awful deaths, allowing their powers to get a night of free actions. That means information!

Also, I would wager quite a bit of money that most D1 eliminations hit a town player. And I'd wager a lot of money that most N1s end with a night kill on a town player. Start D2 with 50% less deaths to town. I mean is it even pro-town to lynch on D1? Knowing that it's practically random at that point?

I dunno, I just wish D1 would be spent entirely making it D2 as fast as possible.

Anyways, I look forward to being scum read for my opinions on how the game should be played. Don't feel bad about it, it always happens when I make this post.

I don't have any reads on anyone else. There will never be a list today. It will all be in the moment. I will look at wagons, and I will question weird votes. I will decide if I believe role claims and results when they're presented.

In fact, just consider this intent to hammer the first E1 I see. Even if it's me.
Hmm
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:51 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 393, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 391, redFF wrote: Kow your opinion here is wrong on NL day 1. They did the math many years ago.
Well, they forgot to carry a one or round the decimal or something. Maybe they forgot to multiply by logic.
Sounds like Town.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Firebringer is scum IMO
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Firebringer, GamerGryff, redFF is my D1 solve for scum team
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 30, Enchant wrote: Mafia team has correct role reads

Amazing
My guess is that this means Lazy Shirou and PenguinPower will be NKed and scum will attempt to mislim Andante.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:00 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Do they have the correct role read on the Hider or do they just think it's a TPR?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 31, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 30, Enchant wrote: Mafia team has correct role reads

Amazing
My guess is that this means Lazy Shirou and PenguinPower will be NKed and scum will attempt to mislim Andante.
Maybe not D1 but like D2 or D3 mislim Andante.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I think Firebringer, Klick and redFF are scum.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:45 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 710, PenguinPower wrote: klick is still defending gryff, right?
White Knighting him, yeah
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:23 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Klick is posting a lot so it's hard to tell but if scum already figured everything out then Klick!scum makes sense if he's motivated.

Maybe Klick is the Watcher?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:45 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

And Town hammers their protective D1 RIP
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Oh no that Gamma hammer is brutal in more ways than one. The scum influence seems strong because from where I'm sitting Gamma looked like a clear TPR.

This looks like a scum sweep. I'm expecting Andante to get miseliminated.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:56 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Also, it's exciting to see "Announcing Lazy Hider" finally as a flip.

I'm expecting a Penguin kill if my Fire-Klick-redFF solve is correct.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:08 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I could see Fire-Klick-Redwalll
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 41, Enchant wrote:
In post 37, Frogsterking wrote: And Town hammers their protective D1 RIP
It's not Protective i think.

Hider mostly useless in hands of people who are not trusted or bad at the game. And insanely powerful in hands of these who can deduce whole mafiateam.
Do you consider Bulletproof to be a Protective? I guess I was kind of thinking of Hider like Bulletproof.

In addition, how do you feel Town is doing overall in this game?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

My feeling is that Town is going to get sweeped.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:27 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 46, Enchant wrote: 90% of mod work are counting Andante votes
:lol: :lol:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #40) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Wow I have no idea how scum knew Brickwall was the Follower! That really sucks for Town. I'll have to read the scum chat after the game.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (isolation #41) » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:30 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1176, Kowahbunga wrote: You know what would be a cool feature on this forum, assuming it's not already and I'm just not noticing it? Is that as you read you can mark posts crap or not crap. Then you can read all the not crap posts to remove all the crap posts that mean nothing out of the way. Would probably shrink this 48 page game down to like 4.8 pages.
I love it!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #42) » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:33 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1007, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 999, redFF wrote:
In post 998, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 997, redFF wrote:
In post 995, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 994, redFF wrote: Hello good morning
Hi - Are you surprised at all that Andante wasn't the kill?
not really
Like I just feel from you pointing out all those votes and how they were literally on everyone yesterday, just seemed like the best option for it early to me.
i think she's town but it's tough to read into the NK too much, brickwall was townread by most too
When I look into a player death, I don't look too much into how others are/were reading them though. I more look at what they were saying. Like for me the NK is on the player that gives the least amount of info to town. To which I believe if Andante was town, it should have been them because from my POV of how I review the game, that's who was all over the place D1. So their reads from D1 would just be meaningless to us now because they literally suspected everyone.

So if you don't feel this way, and you feel brickwall was more town read than everyone else (maybe putting words in your mouth so feel free to correct me if this isn't what you meant, I mean you were pretty hard reading Andante as town D1 so for you to say what you said about Brick makes me think you'd be okay saying they were the most town player from D1?), then do you think brickwall had accurate reads on D1?
Some underrated ideas
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (isolation #43) » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:34 am

Post by Frogsterking »

IDK, if Shirou isn't TPR then scum probably
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #44) » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:35 am

Post by Frogsterking »

"Lazy" Shirou with 155 posts probably isn't scum though?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (isolation #45) » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:51 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I would love it if Herta saves the day as the Loud Roaming Motion Detector and soft guilties the scum somehow.

In post 996, geraintm wrote: firstly, sorry for not having been around at the end of the last day, i was in a white van driving round the country.
In post 992, PenguinPower wrote: VOTE: Klick

I will be taking no questions at this time.
i am going to assume you have way more tucked up your sleeve about this. to me it feels like a pretty strong night action.

having seen the two deaths, i can sense a theme running through all the roles :)

Lazy Shirou just setting off my scumdar btw. i've got nothing more than that on them, but they feel off
Hell yeah! This setup has moving parts.

In post 988, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1, Enchant wrote: 0. This Setup declared as Complex.
Starting to believe this is not just complex but role madness btw
Thank you!

I'm assuming Firebringer received some visits last night.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #46) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:25 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Wow, Fire-Klick-Lazy Shirou??

And maybe Lazy Shirou is PR; the roaming announcing Watcher?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #47) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:32 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1320, geraintm wrote: @klick - you have zero interest in trying to eliminate Firebringer?

if you do get to flip me and then i turn green, what is your response, what is your plan then exactly?

as far as i can see, your progression on me goes from

#282 where you suggest Vig should shoot me (your post 17)

to #946 where i think you say i am scum because no reason (that was your post 94 - you had gone about 65 posts without mentioning me)

#1000 you respond to my post aimed at penguin
#1003 - you think i am scum

#1111 - you have me as scum in a small pool

but i still never see why you think i am scum

i have since done nothing but say the reads on me are bollocks and my opinion on another player. you still havent given me a reason why i am scum besides gut feeling
post #1129

and on the basis of a gut feeling you are going to eliminate my slot - when you acknowledge the claim i am making about herta?

i want you to go back and properly explain your progression on me.
i dont want you to come up with an explanation based on the current game state, i want you to go back and explain the guy feeling and so on which caused you to place me in the small scum pile you made

because i cannot see how a townie gets to where you are now.
Looks like Town IMO
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (isolation #48) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:38 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

That's not a good sign I think that Gryff went down, it's going to get harder and harder to push scum through.

On the bright side at least Gryff wasn't a TPR lol.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (isolation #49) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I feel like rereading before I click. I think it's Fire/Klick/? with Shirou maybe only because of your :lol: response. I forget who I thought it was before that.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #50) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm not sure if I can reread though because I want to click and I have $hit to do.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (isolation #51) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:09 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 61, Enchant wrote:
In post 60, Frogsterking wrote: I'm not sure if I can reread though because I want to click and I have $hit to do.
Mafia watcher kills and watches same target.

Will they receive message like "You saw self" or he can only notice other players.

Damn these mafias.
Wait what LMAO
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #52) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:10 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

:lol:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:11 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm looking up "Natural Action Resolution"
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #54) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:13 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... Resolution

Here.

It looks like the mafia will recieve a message saying they saw themselves, but let me reread it a couple times.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (isolation #55) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:25 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Tl;dr In other words yes the Watcher sees themselves kill their target.

I'm not convinced that this is a breakdown of the golden rule (find action, apply action) because the actions don't conflict with each other, which means they both happen simultaneously.
If there is really no other option, the traditional recommendation of Natural Action Resolution is to pick whichever of the conflicting actions comes first on the following list, and resolve it first:

Copy
Hide
Bus Drive
Block
Redirect
Protect
Miscellaneous
Kill
Recruit
Inspect
Do not use this list unless actions are actually in conflict; that is, that both affect each other.

If only one of the actions affects another, resolve that one first, regardless of the positions on the list.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (isolation #56) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:29 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 67, Enchant wrote: Wiki page says that Watcher notices other players.
Okay, that's a good way to do it too.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (isolation #57) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 71, Enchant wrote: I will rule it as "Notices only Other Actions" even if they are from same player. Or should i ask listmod?

Effect is minimal anyway.
I believe this is the correct way to do it because the wiki says "other players." That's pretty fucking clear and I definitely way overcomplicated that.

I personally wouldn't ask listmod. Of course that's also why I don't believe I should ever be a moderator lmao.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #58) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 72, Enchant wrote: Nah. I think it's wrong.

Can't see other players seems. I worded role PM that way atleast so...
I thought that's what you meant in your last post. Watcher sees "other players" so they can't see themselves kill their target.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #59) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:14 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I need to read D2 more closely when I get a chance tonight. I think Klick and Fire are having a grand old time out there and yeah I can still see that their scum. The third scum I could be more certain on with a reread I hope. I still
think
it might be Lazy Shirou though it just really goes against the activity I expect from scum.

I read the spoiler and it isn't affecting my reads at all because I expected Andante--who I assume is the JOAT--to die tonight anyway.

I'm really hoping to see Town make a breakthrough based on the reports of an Announcing Compulsive Voyeur and a Loud Roaming Motion Detector lmao.

I'd also love to see scum!Watcher claim with a fake guilty (or real guilty) and then get run up by Town :lol:

I think Town has low chances here though the game could still turn around after a scum flip.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (isolation #60) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:20 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1226, Herta wrote:
In post 1223, geraintm wrote: I'm not sure what you think I am saying about your views beyond agreeing with you that you really, really think there are multiple scum in that pool of 3 -i dont believe ive put words in your mouth at all, but I really, really want you to expand on them and convince others to join you.
This presumes klick is town doesn't it.
Hmm lol

Maybe the loud visitor did crumb their role D1 after all.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #61) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1222, Firebringer wrote: herta, ur attitude and play are a lot different than mini 2285.
is there a reason for this
Hmm lol
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (isolation #62) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I wonder if Lazy Shirou is a TPR after all.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (isolation #63) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1105, Lazy Shirou wrote: I will admit I haven't seriously read this game lately as well

I will try to effort a bit more once I have my PC again

But I don't want to force everyone to go with me on herta so if not strongarming people I can only shitpost

P-edit: PP is open to voting herta he is officially part of the justice league
Now I'm actually wondering if this dude is the JOAT getting killed tonight. If it's Klick/Firebringer/Herta then Lazy Shirou and redFF seem dangerously close to pinning them down. I also haven't read Andante's ISO yet though.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #64) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:49 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

KLICK WAS TOWN :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well this is getting interesting now :cop:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #65) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:55 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm hoping to learn something about TPR hunting after this game.

I feel like that points to Firebringer though because I remember them having good reads. Maybe Firebringer and redFF are 2. Damn.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (isolation #66) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:57 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

It can always be Firebringer, redFF, herta
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (isolation #67) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:59 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (isolation #68) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:06 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Odd Night Voyeur/Even Night Vigilante?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #69) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:11 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Firebringer/redff/lazy shirou?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (isolation #70) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 89, Enchant wrote: Shirou really likes your setup seems
:cool:
In post 1653, PenguinPower wrote: This is such an enchant setup, and I love the deviation from most normal games.

p-edit

Geraintm is very likely scum given the wagons yesterday.
:giggle:
In post 1743, Freedom wrote:
In post 1742, Andante wrote:
In post 1731, Shirou wrote:
In post 1727, redFF wrote: feel like its penguin or kow for lim today
I'm sorry but there's
no way
we aren't limming in the PRs. It can't be all town. It's literally a broken setup no matter how much you try to balance if those claims are all town.

It's a question of who is lying to me...
why do we HAVE to lim in PRs? This feels like an odd way to start the day, like "here's the claims" "ok now we HAVE to lim in the PRs"
Are you suggesting we eliminate in VTs instead?
Because you know that at least one PR has to be scum if Shirou and you are trueclaiming.
In post 1744, Freedom wrote: And if Firebringer is trueclaiming.
:facepalm:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #71) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:26 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I feel like Freedom could draw some negative attention to himself with the way he's engaging the thread.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (isolation #72) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:30 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1680, Shirou wrote: Gehehehehe

If Fire is town and scum doesn't nightkill him I'm giving scum a HEART ATTACK TOMORROW!!
In post 1681, Shirou wrote: You're also gonna enjoy it if town Fire. We're making scum sweat buckets in that world.
In post 1682, Shirou wrote: if Gera flips scum and we've space for 2 lims tomorrow *and* Fire is town

tomorrow is pure wifom gold...I'm daydreaming already of it

In post 1683, PenguinPower wrote: creepy vibes ngl
In post 1684, Firebringer wrote: there are strong reasons why i picked shirou as my check night 1.
i love it! I wonder if scum can afford to spend a shot SPK (strong player kill) on Shirou.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (isolation #73) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 93, Enchant wrote: If mafia gets elimmed at ELO, they probably toast fully.
That's awesome. I'm pretty pleased with how this is turning out. Were scum happy when Shirou replaced in?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #74) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:13 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Is Shirou even Town? Did I miss something?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (isolation #75) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:30 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1856, Shirou wrote: If you were town *and* is right on your confident town read on Herta, all you had to do today most likely was to push anyone in the PoE and there's 75% chance of it being scum

you had only to get someone else killed by convincing us that they are scum

I don't feel bad at all for getting you wrong if you're really town, neither I do towards Gryff to be honest. Gamma felt a bit bad but...c'mon gamma you had to claim hider you know...
This is scummy.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (isolation #76) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Oh cool, a scum team theater act. :lol: :idea:

So it's Lazy Shirou the goon, Firebringer (who replaced Haschel slot IIRC) the compulsive visitor and Freedom the announcing roaming watcher who replaced the Taly slot.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #77) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Someone is trolling someone, can't tell who. If Shirou is Town then he trolled geraintm and if Andante is Town then she is trolling everyone now.

If Shirou is Town then I'm a little curious why he didn't push for Firebringer today. If Andante is Town then IDK what she was doing all game.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (isolation #78) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:45 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Now they're complaining about the setup :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My opinion is that if Town had applied the same energy to scum hunting in-game that they're applying now to complaining then the setup would be balanced.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #79) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:20 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2189, Shirou wrote: unless ninja was also fake and you guys had no ninja at all

it's impressive you guys won if you had no ninja
Yeah THAT'S what is up. GG.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #80) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 102, Enchant wrote: Hey can i open this
Sure!

Return to “Completed Game Topics”