GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

ego
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 9, UNOwen wrote: My only consolation is that there are 4 other players fumbling this as badly as I am
this is a mood
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

ok I have a bit of a dilemma, I am not sure how much of this I should share without possibly revealing too much information, but at the same time I think it's important to raise the issue now - I've been informed that scum sabotaged the budget

this tells me a couple things:

- I REALLY doubt there's a roleblocker in the game, because a) it was unlikely to begin with but now also b) this is likely the primary/main ability scum have to influence the game -> which means Alisae scum
- I think this points to town!sheep because I think if sheep were scum then scum would be less afraid of money going to PRs tonight

I've also been told that the people who received funding are informed of the sabotage, but this is where I'm not sure how much to share because I don't want to confirm to scum who got funded and for how much. I don't know how much scum know about their sabotage ability, whether they knew that people would be informed that sabotage occurred, or even how much the sabotage would affect the budget.

but the fact that the sabotage happened tonight makes me think it's Alisae+Bingle + one of kdowns or Sleepy. I'm slightly inclined to think Sleepy because scum held off on sabotaging on the night that he was cop.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

my other reason for suspecting Bingle is that he encouraged me to spend as much money as possible tonight and partially fund each PR. I think sabotaging that is a super pro-scum outcome. Whereas LLD explicitly suggested I possibly not fund anyone and just pay back debts.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I do know but I'm not sure if I should answer? if scum don't know how much the sabotage reduced the budget then that could help them decide whether it's worth risking shooting certain PRs or not

if it will help you in some way for me to be specific I'm not totally against outing more info, I'm just trying to err on the side of caution first
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I guess I will say that everybody who received funding should have still received some funding, it's just not as much as I intended to fund
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I thought about it a bit more and I guess there's still an argument for scum!sheep where he could use the fact that he was partially funded as a way to make a 'no result' more believable

so I'm not sure I'd say this clears sheep necessarily

but Bingle advising me to partially fund roles now knowing that scum could then reduce the funding even more still gives me an icky feeling
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

honestly I think you are fairly likely to die tonight depending on if sheep is scum or whether scum aren't scared of him, so personally I vote you share your thoughts
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:51 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 23, UNOwen wrote: Yeah sabotaged funding points to Alisae scum sounds good

Mayor Bingle occasionally seems bloodthirsty but I'm not sure that's meaningful.
In post 13, GuiltyLion wrote: my other reason for suspecting Bingle is that he encouraged me to spend as much money as possible tonight and partially fund each PR. I think sabotaging that is a super pro-scum outcome. Whereas LLD explicitly suggested I possibly not fund anyone and just pay back debts.
What's your first reason for suspecting him?
that's poorly phrased due to 7:30am caffeine deprived brain lol, what I meant was "other" in the sense of "another conclusion that I have reached from the sabotage, which is a reason to suspect Bingle" rather than "other" in the sense of "additional reason to suspect Bingle specifically". what I wanted to say was "my other [thought, which is a] reason for suspecting Bingle"

I do have a bunch of small things I suspect about Bingle but I'm fairly waffley on him overall
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 27, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Here is a question: why would Bingle tell you to do a funding like that and counter it when there are no real doctors left and he knows furtive is town in that world.
yeah I think this is a good question. Originally I had been thinking town!sheep and Bingle just wanted to get town to waste as much money as possible and reduce the odds of any PR succeeding, which I still think is a decent possible explanation, but if sheep is scum then I feel what you are saying here, it just makes Bingle look bad for not much gain
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't have a ton of Bingle meta to know what he's capable of as scum but if he's a wolf I'd also be impressed with how he's been able to yo-yo his read on me fairly convincingly, it doesn't feel like he's played with an agenda outside of mechanics talk (which is NAI as town or scum have mech agendas) and that post he had where he talked about his prior pushes being shit and not fully trusting his reads or wanting to lead felt genuine to me
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 35, UNOwen wrote: Alisae/sheep/kdowns is not implausible I suppose. Sadly I don't feel great about it being that easy though.
I feel like the whole game I keep talking myself into plausible easy team solves and then we lim the scummiest person in those solves and they flip town

at this point I'm expecting sheep to flip town as a final twist of the knife
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

did we want to coordinate invest pools in here? I think kdowns or Sleepy would make for good cop shots, track or JK should maybe be aimed at a deep wolf candidate. I don't wanna give away who is funded between the JOATs but I trust y'all to not do something ridiculous like JK the cop
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:11 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 43, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I feel like there was a general "sheep just POE slots in easily because he hasn't done anything" -> ive been assumed wolf, and I feel like thats a) overall wolf-agenda-driven and b) straight up invalid in some ways, in the face of SK Uno kdowns existing
don't you think it's reasonable for people to be suspicious given that you haven't been all that proactive in steering the town? and in the second part here, are you saying you scumread all three of SK/Uno/kdowns?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 47, sheepsaysmeep wrote: or like, ive havent been confident enough in a read all game yet to actively impart it on the town, and I think very generally thats not at all wolf indicative whatsoever, maybe it is for a very small subset of players
I don't think it's wolf-indicative of the sense that "wolves always play this way and town doesn't play this way", but I guess more the spirit of what I'm asking is like, why do you think town should be seeing you as town? like you're making arguments for why your play shouldn't be necessarily scumread but at this point almost no one is above scrutiny and I guess I don't empathize with why you think you shouldn't be suspected
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I wanted to share the budget info right at deadline in case I die:

My thinking was that sheep is at a point where I'm not sure whether I (or the town) would actually trust a result from him, so I decided to save money and not to fund the cop. my hopes were that if he's town then scum kill him, and if he's scum then we don't waste money funding him. I kinda figured the odds of town!sheep, town!sheep gets a useful result, and we all collectively
believe
town sheep were too low,
especially
if furtive flipped town. and if we had limmed scum instead then we'd be in an okay position anyways. I was worried that Bingle was trying to get me to waste a bunch of money

My original submission was to pay the $90 debt and pull a $45 loan to fully fund LLD $80, and nobody else. The budget sabotage lead to a 25% reduction in the budget, putting us at $93 + $45 loan = $139. We were still forced to pay the $90 debt in full, so LLD received the remaining $49.

Hopefully scum's ability to sabotage is 1-shot and we should have money to fund more roles tomorrow night.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”