Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:46 am

Post by Titus »

personally, lynch the people lurking before lylo.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:56 am

Post by DeasVail »

On Archwing/UC Voyager:

The UC Voyager ISO is mostly unremarkable to me. is a bit ehhhh I guess, but I haven't worked out exactly what I think of it yet. I'm leaning towards the focus on LLD here being scummy, as if he felt the need to say something about the LLD wagon, or else he'd be ignoring it. But I'm also now spending a lot of time going back and forth on this one post and so right now I'm going to stop.

When reading Archwing, I find the team-chat related comments quite interesting. In . I think Arch is probably being truthful about this regardless of alignment, but I actually think that this much more closely describes how a team mafia team would respond to a scumslot rather than a townslot. I could be wrong, but my impression is that this has been a fairly lurky game and so UC Voyager seemed(?) to be skating by fairly easily on low activity. So his team would not feel any need to do anything more pro-active than "tell him to do stuff" if he were scum. However, I feel like there would be a more pressing need to influence the game state and ~try to lynch scum!~ as town.

A lot of the provided team-reads feel a bit forced also, as if a requirement in response to being pressured to provide them, rather than "hey this is what me and my team think should happen!" or "hey he hasn't been reading the game, just listen to what I say". Both of these I think would be town responses. Instead there seems this effort to appease without actually doing it very well...

I also don't like the waffling on Bulba in and , but the team contribution posts more recently are better than earlier on. (e.g. is not bad)

----

I have not seen Archwing mentioned recently as a potential lynch. Is there a reason for this/something obvious that I'm missing?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:00 am

Post by DeasVail »

Where my reads are sitting at right now:

Town - Mina, Radja, Keychain

Unsorted - Bins, Dunker, Bulba (Katsuki has mentioned thinking that Bins is town, but I'd like to take a proper look at her myself before placing her)

Scummy- Xyzzy, Archwing

This is all pretty rough and based on pretty surface-level reading so they are liable to change!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 am

Post by DeasVail »

Rory!!!!
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Radja »

In post 3522, DeasVail wrote:Keychain, could you please give a quick tl;dr of why you think xyzzy is scum? From a very quick glance at your ISO, I could not find anything obvious.

Radja, I think you're town but I've noticed you fairly strongly thought chesskid was scum, so we probably should talk! Also hi!

Bins! In my haphazard reading of select posts of the game I noticed somewhere that you might think Radja is scum. If so, what makes you think that?
omg yes! DV!!! I don't think we've ever played mafia together.

Anyway, your predecessor had a massive scumread on me. What makes you townread me? How much of this game have you read?

I do have a strong scumread on your slot, but I'm always available for a chat.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Radja »

@DV Can you also tell me why chesskid said he scumread us for on discord? And why you disagree with that? And can you tell me if Katsuki has some kind of read on me?
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Bins »

hi DV please be town

catch up later

but i sort of dropped the Radja scumread
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

this game is getting boring
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by Keychain »

What are your reads on xyzzy and Bulbazak, including reasons please.

I've seen the explanation for your scumread on Bins. Can you go into your scumreads on Radja and chess/DV?
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I'm back, but feeling yucky. Not starting with that huge Titus post until I feel better tomorrow. Will chat around though. Mostly up to date on major events. I might just not know specific game details.

@Titus: Thanks for the birthday message! My trip was fine for the most part.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3533, Keychain wrote:What are your reads on xyzzy and Bulbazak, including reasons please.

I've seen the explanation for your scumread on Bins. Can you go into your scumreads on Radja and chess/DV?
my gut instinct on xyzzy is probably a scumlean, i don't particularly like his iso, his tone is ok but not great
on the other hand, bulba is town, his tone is solid, i like his posts.

chess and radja are more scumleans, radja was town for me earlier, chess is just hard to read but on the scummy side.

sorry im not the best at giving reasoning
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3523, Keychain wrote:
DeasVail wrote:Keychain, could you please give a quick tl;dr of why you think xyzzy is scum? From a very quick glance at your ISO, I could not find anything obvious.
They are voting opportunistically (see jump on Elena wagon end of D2 pointed out by T-Bone in and choosing to vote Titus over their top scumread Bulbazak today for no apparent reason).

I asked questions about their reads and votes (regarding CBD townread at the end of and unexplained choice of Titus over Bulba in ) and they've avoided them. It's enough to be a pattern. I also had to reask after they ignored (I waited until they posted to make sure it wasn't just activity related before following up). Sometimes townies don't answer questions because they don't want to, but town that don't like answering questions tend to give me sharper responses when I pressure for an answer than what I got from xyzzy in .

Overall they're playing low profile and their reads don't seem genuine to me.
in what way is it opportunistic to join the wagon most likely to result in a lynch close to deadline? would it be better of me to just let the day end with no lynch? (hint: the answer to this one is no)

also I already said this but voting for the person I scum read second most is not a bad thing

and I didn't answer your questions before because I didn't have access to a computer and was posting from a phone and I forgot to go back and answer it after I caught up on the thread. next time my laptop charging cable literally has sparks flying off of it I'll be sure to check whether anyone asked me any questions in this game before I unplug it though since apparently not wanting to set my bedroom on fire is scummy
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3340, xyzzy wrote:also

Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Keychain »

Hi xyzzy! I suppose the fact that I am always posting from a phone means I don't have a lot of sympathy for the "but I was phoneposting" argument. And it seemed to me that only covered the one instance, not the others like the CBD question or the most recent one.

You still haven't explained why you thought Titus was the best vote
at the start of the day
(versus the totally fine compromise on a lesser scumread with a stronger wagon towards end of day), and a good place to votepark. I would have expected you to take the start of the day and push your top scumread more, but you didn't, and I didn't see a lot of reasoning behind why Titus would be a better place to put your vote. This:
xyzzy wrote: also I already said this but voting for the person I scum read second most is not a bad thing

doesn't really explain. At all. No it's not bad, but not having a thought process behind it is.

Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 3533, Keychain wrote:What are your reads on xyzzy and Bulbazak, including reasons please.

my gut instinct on xyzzy is probably a scumlean, i don't particularly like his iso, his tone is ok but not great
on the other hand, bulba is town, his tone is solid, i like his posts.

chess and radja are more scumleans, radja was town for me earlier, chess is just hard to read but on the scummy side.

sorry im not the best at giving reasoning
I'm surprised you went from too many townreads to a whole bunch of scumleans, how did that happen? Also yeah xyzzy isn't a he.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3537, xyzzy wrote:
In post 3340, xyzzy wrote:also

sorry my bad
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Mina »

TBH, I really don't care very much about xyzzy's D2 Bulbazak vote. But xyzzy, if you're actually town, do you think the most productive use of your energy right now is to keep defending your votes and explaining over and over and over again how it's not scummy at all to vote your number two suspect over your number one suspect at deadline? Do you have any suspects or reasoning for your suspect list? Any concrete observations at all from reading the game (which I assume you should have had more than enough time to do by now)? Like, literally
anything
?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I just went back and checked, but why isn't Xyzzy voting me right now? Even if Titus was his #2 scumspect, she's now conf. town. His vote should be all over me. I mean, my vote isn't anywhere right now because I just got back from V/LA and am being coy. Xyzzy doesn't have that excuse.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Just noticed I made a mistake that Xyzzy will then spend too much time focusing on. I'll just say "Yes Dear." now and get it over with.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by Mina »

DeasVail, Radja already covered a couple of questions I wanted to ask, but what I'd like to know is if your vote would be on Archwing if you had to choose between him and xyzzy. Your posts seem to imply as much.

(Also, omg, hi!!!!)

A very self-indulgent wallpost coming up--unless I lose focus in the middle since I'm out of practice, in which case a bunch of spamposts with fragmented thoughts coming up!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Who's that for?

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Mina »

It was for DeasVail, but now I feel bad. :( Uh...it can also be for you if you want!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Eh, I can come back to it later after I've actually read from 134 and stuff.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by Mina »

Wait, I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I thought you were responding to the "omg hi!!!" The wall post is 33% for the town, 33% for me, and 33% for SleepyKrew.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I was talking about the first part. I didn't know if it was for me or someone else. I also assumed the "hi" went with the question.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Mina »

...fuck. I just realized that half the players in this game are like fifteen, so the mods probably wouldn't appreciate a satire about a swinger's party in which I need to figure out which of the attractive guests have STDs.

*deletes fanfic*

Welp. I guess it's a boring reads list after all.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”