Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:28 am

Post by Ranmaru »

TOWN [Ranmaru > Brass > Marshy > Joey > Shaziro > Pidgey > Kokichi > Bu > Titus > Action Dan > Chara > Varsoon | Dunk > Almost50 > Gamma > Joda > Elbirn > Assemble | Klazam > Nero Cain > Creature ] SCUM

Unvote; Vote: Nero Cain

Gamma doesn't seem as townie as I would expect. He seems more cautious, and his questioning of me makes sense but he isn't voting as much. Not somewhere I would lynch today, but I want more out of him. I liked Marshy's pushes as of late. I am thinking this is his town play. I liked Pidgey's catch up and vote. Titus, I get an underwhelming feeling from. I want her to interact with me more. I like Bu's recent posting. Action Dan is low impact, can't say it changes my read on him. It's what I'd expect. I liked Chara's early game, but he's falling down for me. Mostly for the Varsoon push and unvoting without a conclusion, and then not really doing much with his vote. Nero Cain, seems to be looking for things to dig up (like my Faux Chara vote) but doesn't seem to be actively scumhunting, I also think his Gamma vote was bad. A50 says that this is Nero Cain's town meta, but if you look at the game I posted, it's much different. I'm willing to Follow Marshy on Klazam if need be, as well. I don't see that much Scumhunting from him, after catching up he doesn't really move his vote or reconsider. Creature is still lurking it up, a wagon I'm also still open to.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:28 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 802, Venmar wrote:
NOT VOTING
:

• Assemblerotws, Jodaxq, Gamma Emerald, Joey_, Chara
Why aren't you guys voting? Keep your vote in play.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:31 am

Post by brassherald »

FYI, I bookmarked that game for IC advice to read perhaps tonight. I was shocked by it in this game and was not really sure what to do, I wish there were like strategy guides to power roles sometimes.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:35 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I suggest experimenting with it. (My first time as IC as well in that game) I also suggest staying active and present, always watching. We all know you are confirmed town, so we know your pressure and votes are pure, so keep that in mind. Titus will suggest you back up and observe. So, in interest in harmony, I suggest you take a balanced middle-approach. One thing I would like to suggest is you bouncing off reads with town reads you have. Start there.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 am

Post by brassherald »

Good idea. I'll be doing some of that tonight. Today I won't be posting much as I need to defend a deposition.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:45 am

Post by Shaziro »

To explain, Ranmaru, I think all of them are scummy on their own. In trying to find strange interactions between them, I can narrow down which one I think will give me the most information if they flip, and then I will know where I want my vote. Do you disagree that a person who has a potential association with 4 people is worth more to lynch than a person with no potential associations, assuming both are scummy in and of themselves?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Ranmaru »

No. I do think lynching someone suspicious with more connections is better for Day 1. That's a fair response. Can I get a list of your reads, Shaziro? What do you think of my #825?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:09 am

Post by Shaziro »

Well you've got my scumreads, my biggest townreads right now are Brass, Chara, yourself, Titus, Pidgey. Honestly I was kind of hoping to see who responded to me asking for the opinions of my townreads, just to see who thought they were being townread by me. Would've been interesting, I think. -Still- waiting for a response from ActionDan, but I'm not sure how you feel he's towny tbh.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:11 am

Post by marshy »

yo ran

do you got time to reread almost50? ive been thinking of lynching him today i havent seen any townie posts from him. tell me what you think
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:15 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Shaziro: I agreed with Marshy's stance of AD's tone. Due to him not posting as much, he's a bit lower but still a town-lean. I realized Joey isn't voting as much as of my #826, so I'd put him near Chara. Talk to me about Marshy. My town read on him is growing on him so I want to know what you think.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:18 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 833, marshy wrote:yo ran

do you got time to reread almost50? ive been thinking of lynching him today i havent seen any townie posts from him. tell me what you think
I know A50 tends to have a scummy meta and yet, he has better read accuracy then me. (He's my team mate in Team Mafia) So I'd rather not lynch him today, as he'd be more valuable to town as town, if that is the case. If he's scum, we'll find him through his buddies.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 825, Ranmaru wrote:Nero Cain,
seems to be looking for things to dig up
(like my Faux Chara vote)
but doesn't seem to be actively scumhunting
umm these two things pretty much contridict each other.
In post 824, Ranmaru wrote:Why did you go back and dig this up?
b/c it was suspicious to me and I wanted to explain my vote on you from earlier. Why did you fuss at me about me questioning you about not voting Chara and for "digging things up" but ignore me about you asking about setup? Why was a town you interested in what the setup was?
In post 824, Ranmaru wrote:I like this post.
Why is Bu's logic here good and why is it scummy that I disagree with said logic? TBF though, BU getting upset and butthurt seems genuine.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:28 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I asked about setup scum numbers so I can have a rough idea of how much scum to expect. I understand, but why didn't you question me on it in current time. It just felt like you were searching for things to paint as scummy rather then actually react to it naturally. You ignored my question to you; Why is Gamma scum to you? I simply liked the tone of Bu's post there. I didn't say I agree with his logic there.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TBF, I did vote you right off the bat so I did act naturally.

Have you ever played in a 21 large player game before?

I find/found Gamma scummy b/c he was following BU logic that Koki=Dunks alignment and I thought he was scum parroting.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 am

Post by marshy »

In post 835, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 833, marshy wrote:yo ran

I know A50 tends to have a scummy meta and yet, he has better read accuracy then me. (He's my team mate in Team Mafia) So I'd rather not lynch him today, as he'd be more valuable to town as town, if that is the case. If he's scum, we'll find him through his buddies.
i really think hes scum. he is my next lynch

man nero is scummy. he needs to go before endgame as well
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 839, marshy wrote:man nero is scummy. he needs to go before endgame as well
solid case. Will sheep.

vote:Nero

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but really we should prob lynch this guy

vote:Creature

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:48 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Nero Cain: Yes, but that vote was based on a different reason, plus you said you were just having fun with it. So I don't see why you feel the need to justify it further when you already justified it? I may have in the past, I'm not sure. I usually play in smaller games.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:58 am

Post by Ranmaru »

That's it for now. Nero Cain, I'd like a reads list. Gamma, I'd like a reads list from you as well, I don't really have much of an idea of who you want. Marshy, I will keep that in mind. Peace.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Varsoon
Nero Cain

Assemblerotws
brassherald
BuJaber
Kokichi Koma

Creature
Chara

Elbirn

Gamma Emerald

Klazam

Titus

Shaziro

ActionDan
Joey_
Dunkerdoodles
pidgey

Jodaxq
Almost50

marshy

ranmaru

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 671, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 578, brassherald wrote:Since my post seems to have been lost to the internet ether. Kokichi is both a scumlean for me and in my view, a bit of a wild card. Even if he was townlean from me, I don't want someone who is as unpredictable as I have seen him be.
Now I'm glad you'll likely be N1'd. I've caught you when you were obvious scum before. Do you find my game different than the one you replaced out of when I caught you as scum?
Wooooow way to be a massive dick! He had work you asshole, and that was stated there I believe.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 672, Varsoon wrote:Aaaaah, I'm just gonna post this and hope I'm right. I've been debating it because I think that if I am wrong and we make these setup assumptions, it could really kick us in the ass.

I was thinking a lot about what's keeping scum from just completely gaming the delegates, especially considering the snowballing that happens if scum manage to get multiple delegates.
As an earlier post of mine implies, I figured it was initially just a balance point of either scum knowing resolutions already (no info to be gained from being a world leader) or that a lot of scum voting a world leader in would be very obvious.
I then realized that it's much more likely the setup is multiball and that scum teams are only two or three players. Why's that?

1. What really tipped me off was the non-specificity of my role PM and the opening posts in regards to a 'scum team'. There's mention of eliminating 'all threats to town', but that's it.
2. I thought for sure the 'all threats to town' was an absolute nod to the game being multiball because of the wording, but after digging Venmar's mod-meta, I've discovered:
--a) Venmar uses the same wording even in his singleball setups with exclusion of an open setup he ran way back in 2012.
--b) Out of over 5 different setups of Venmar's design, only one of them was singleball entirely.
3. Given the flavor of the theme (multiple civilizations forming alliances, the fact people often play multiple 'teams', the multiple wincons in the game that different civs shoot for, etc.), there are several avenues to make this a multiball game
4. Singleball would actually make the World Congress mechanic unbalanced in favor of scum.
5. If anti-town factions have daychat, then there's NO WAY that the game is singleball, because the amount of co-ordination a full-size singular scumteam could do in this kind of setup with daychat would make the world leader mechanic almost pointless for town. However, if there are multiple smaller teams, daychat makes a lot more sense. I did not check Venmar's previous games to see if daychat was normal in his setups, but I do recall there being encryptors in the setup.

I had this revelation awhile back, between posts 100 and 200, because I had a pretty dynamic shift in how I was viewing the game/mechanics by 226 and forward.
Assuming multiball, we should be a lot more critical of the people who are laying low and self-voting, like Klazaam, because in multiball:
1. Scum players are likelier to self-vote and get a partner to boost them.
2. Scum players are likelier to avoid voting people they don't have a hard townread on because they need to avoid the other scum team become leader, too.
2. Scum players are likelier to lay low and not draw a lot of attention to themselves because they don't want to catch a cross-kill because cross-kills are what makes scum lose very fast in multiball.

This is why I townread Elbirn so hard, because he self voted but didn't seem aware of the mechanics all that much, then voiced support for Kokichi, who is not likely to be on the same scumteam as him if he was scum--if Elbirn were scum aware of multiball, he'd be way more hesitant to couch support of someone with some votes on them already. Furthermore, Elbirn's opening posts draw a lot of attention to him, imo, and wouldn't make sense coming from a multiball scum player PoV.
Mhm this makes a lot of sense. So I'm going to be on the look out for those who are scummy in general and not associative clearing, then.
Also this feels like town because it's such a deductive method that if it were scum they probably wouldn't be doing it cos already aware it's multiball/singleball and as such not as incentivized to look this stuff up
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Titus »

In post 845, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 578, brassherald wrote:Since my post seems to have been lost to the internet ether. Kokichi is both a scumlean for me and in my view, a bit of a wild card. Even if he was townlean from me, I don't want someone who is as unpredictable as I have seen him be.
Now I'm glad you'll likely be N1'd. I've caught you when you were obvious scum before. Do you find my game different than the one you replaced out of when I caught you as scum?
Wooooow way to be a massive dick! He had work you asshole, and that was stated there I believe.
+1, This guy cannot be a leader.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 680, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 669, Varsoon wrote:Any town that we make leader would be a likely NK target, Kokichi. All the same, any host we put up might be able to pull protectives, too.
If we have an innocent child, then it's likely mafia have a strong arm. And what would be better. Having one of the IC and World leader alive. Or having them be the same person and die.
Doesn't our world leader change each day? What impact would that have on your opinion Kokichi?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 681, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 674, brassherald wrote:
Yes that's part of my issue here. You were town there.

And please don't imply that I replaced out because of you. If you read the dead thread you know why I replaced
Never said you replaced out because of me. And how is that part of the issue???? I was town and I caught scum??
I mean that's what it sounded like you were saying.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”