Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:57 am

Post by Venmar »

dino's vca analysis also confuses me since if he genuinely thinks his wagon was almost all town-motivated, why does that makes him not-scum since scum would be happy to join such a wagon for a free mislynch? the resistance to dino being lynched is what concerns me. it's also incomplete since he just stop analysis after a while

here is dino's wagon at it's biggest extent prior to napoleon's lynch:

Mathdino(7) ~
CooLDoG(25)
Venmar(46)
, Espeonage(30),
DeathNote(35)
Kublai Khan(18)
Vaxkiller(47)
Napoleon III(20)

three have flipped as town. i know i am town, and for the timebeing im happy to give vaxx and cooldog townread leans. this means this was an almost all-town pushed wagon, with the possible exception of espeonage. It'd be really impressive for a big majority of the town to pile onto ANOTHER town member and for scum to just fuck-off to another wagon for (??) reasons.

will note that i think varsoon's floppiness on dino's wagon is something i am going to scumread. varsoon joined early, which reads as bussing, then jumps off when a lynch becomes possible only to return to soft-voting dino when the coast is clear open of day 2 ???????????????

pedit: reading me as "venmar" is fair since i indeed, am venmar. what happened to your diehard read on me in vca?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Mathdino »

I'm not trying to do VCA to convince you guys I'm town, lol. I'm doing it to try to sort people myself. I'm obviously approaching knowing I'm town.

I believe that given my contributions and activity, scum were purposefully avoiding my wagon because of the terrible optics of it. If there IS scum on my wagon, I actually think it's Cooldog, who started it for questionable reasons and kind of just voteparked it the whole day.

In fact, given that literally all major wagons of the day except Espeonage are confirmed town FMPOV (and I'm townreading Espeonage), this points more to inactive scumteam and town implosion. Hence, hebichan.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

Makes more sense to me that scum were on the Napoleon wagon, pushing it as a counterwagon to town-dino, and then decided to kill off the dino wagon to further drive that disparity
But I'm stupid so /shrug probably wrong.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Hmmm

I get your drift. Choose me!
In post 590, Varsoon wrote:I was blocked for sure. My negative utility requires that I really trust another player, which is why I wanted to get it out of the way as early as possible when we had the highest number of town alive and more people I could trust.

If it's between Hebi and Gamma, Hebi's the scum, then.

VOTE: Hebi
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

So I've been thinking about this some today (when I had a moment). I'm in a unique position to have been a town global roleblocker before! As venmar has stated mine also didn't block night kills.

Venmar. Why the fuck did you not use your ability in a town manner?

Also. Told you so about napoleon.

I also see chara is parroting my argument on dino... if hes not 100% guaranteed town, we have to lynch him.

Games played.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 604, Vaxkiller wrote:I also see chara is parroting my argument on dino... if hes not 100% guaranteed town, we have to lynch him.
the fuck is this supposed to mean

vax, you're lynching me literally based on my ability claim, you already admitted that the case on me through D1 was mostly balls

i'm never going to be 100% guaranteed town

but i am going to tell you there are definitely other players who feel alignment informed

look let me level with you, there are 2 scenarios:

A. I'm town, and scum knew I was town and didn't want to be caught on my lynchwagon. Therefore we lynch the Napoleon wagon.

B. I'm scum, and my scumbuddies counterwagoned Napoleon to save me because I'm the most active scum. Therefore you lynch the Napoleon wagon.

there's virtually no chance of me not getting blocked, checked, or vigged at this rate. in the meantime, our goals basically align. you think i'm scum, help me bus
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Dino. Why do you get all bent out of shape when I push you? Your not acting the same way for everyone else on your wagon.

A. From my point of view, scum would likely pat themselves on the back after lynching a theoretical town!mathdino saying "it was the right thing to do". I highly doubt they would jump ship to a lurker napoleon wagon.
B. Thats such a narrow minded view that doesn't address everything. Your acting like scum is in complete control of the game. Why couldn't town have started the counter wagon then scum joined up to save scum-you?

This isnt the first time you have offered these "It's A or B" choices when there are PLENTY of other possibilities.

Games played.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Mathdino »

because you were never actually scumreading me, while cooldog and venmar clearly were (along with DN and KK)
it pisses me off when people lynch solely off mechanics
like i just modded a game where every lynch and vigshot was basically motivated by mechanics and setup spec and scum got a perfect victory
it doesn't work, stop thinking role = alignment

A. Who's scum on my wagon then if I flip town? In other words, whose scumread of me appeared the least genuine? Because thus far every single townflip has been on my wagon.

B. What? Town absolutely could've started the counterwagon with scum joining after. My point is today's lynch should be any one of the 8 people on the Napoleon wagon. A lot of the votes were LAMISTy too, as a "Well I'm definitely not lynching Mathdino, he's sooooo town!"

I'll give you an option C. Option C is that scum bussed the shit out of scum-me. Do you see that as particularly likely when my janitor is potentially one of the most powerful scum utility abilities in the game?

No, it makes no sense.

Point is, regardless what you think of me, we should be lynching the people who counterwagoned me.
VOTE: hebichan
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 601, Mathdino wrote:I'm not trying to do VCA to convince you guys I'm town, lol. I'm doing it to try to sort people myself. I'm obviously approaching knowing I'm town.

I believe that given my contributions and activity, scum were purposefully avoiding my wagon because of the terrible optics of it. If there IS scum on my wagon, I actually think it's Cooldog, who started it for questionable reasons and kind of just voteparked it the whole day.

In fact, given that literally all major wagons of the day except Espeonage are confirmed town FMPOV (and I'm townreading Espeonage), this points more to inactive scumteam and town implosion. Hence, hebichan.
Hm this makes quite a lot of sense actually (the town implosion bit). I'll definitely be on the lookout for those along for the ride.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Seems like a shitty reason to vote someone over casing them, but lack of activity is more reflective of scum in multiball than anything else, imo.
Folks that stick their necks out get 'em chopped off.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 609, Varsoon wrote:Seems like a shitty reason to vote someone over casing them, but lack of activity is more reflective of scum in multiball than anything else, imo.
Folks that stick their necks out get 'em chopped off.
Shit, wrong game.

Disregard this.
I'm cool with burying Hebi.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Spoiler: sir elton iso
In post 112, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote: I'm fine with
vote: Godel
for right now, his vote was icky
Sir elton votes for someone for a non-reason that an rvs vote is scummy. Which raises the question, why did he not do this in his previous post where he voted for espe???
In post 53, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:
In post 49, Espeonage wrote:I sent my picks and then realised I forgot that Nickelback was a valid pick but cbf changing.
girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl

vote: Espeonage
In post 174, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:
In post 170, Venmar wrote:i like Vaxx's #168 a lot, it's a very solid analysis of DeathNote's breakdown of the wagon. i would quibble and say that analyzing a wagon on a null isn't
inherently
scummy since i think there's wagon hopping and voting that can be looked at regardless of the victims alignment, but i think Vaxx might potentially be onto something here
the only issue I had with DN's wagon analysis is saying "x town y scum" based on literally nothing, but it's basically the same thing as when people pick a random number of players and say "there's a scum in there!" and that in practice is a null tell even though it's lazy and bad.

regardless, I'm happy to keep voting Godel tbh and the talk around the wagon has provided me with some townreads so that's nice I guess let's keep it going choo choo
Let me translate, I don't like people who analyze the game in a way where one randomly selects people to be scum for no reasons, but on the other hand I'm happy with my current vote for no reasons. Ohh, wait, I'm going to couch this wagon as being productive because it lets me have town reads. Not because I think the person is scum, but it tells me that other people are town. :?: :?: :?:

In post 198, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:Hot take: what if we vote it til it dies
more non-reasons for goble being scum and a continued desire for the wagon with no reasons.
In post 221, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:
In post 217, Venmar wrote:i do think it's funny that people like UT (who has lurked a bit already) are coming in with the hot take of lynching lurkers. non-factors coming in just to voice wanting to lynch other non-factors is HELLA SPICY
look I have to distinguish myself from
those people
somehow
scum admitting that they have to look more townie than the lurkers trying to lynch other lurkers, some of whom flipped town. This seriously pings my scum dar. Like, if you are town, why would you care to distinguish yourself from people who have non-reasons for voting? SHouldn't you just automatically not do that? Oh, wait... you are one of those people and simply asserting doesn't make it true.
In post 257, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:
In post 255, Espeonage wrote:There's nothing particularly crux at the moment which is annoying. But I'm interested in what your stance is now that Godel has been replaced.

Does this leave you free to throw yourself around a bit. We need a good shit stir tbh.
I couldn't agree more

who wants to argue with me about meta?
Simple parrot with derailing the discussion about useless endless conversations early in day 1. Really great pro-active town play right here. Really trying to catch scum aren't we.
In post 523, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:FUCKIN SOLD

VOTE: NAPOLEON
hops to the shit counter wagon. Obviously. But, time was a factor here, so... ehh. But, he had not stated a position on napolian before, and did note that he bought math's claim as town. So this would seem logical.
In post 548, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:
In post 543, Chara wrote:whoever roleblocked me, i hate you and all you stand for.
ditto

I was doing a goddamn public service
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Is this a cc to venmar?

vote: Sir Elton Hercules John

I also did a read of SK this evening and it honestly isn't worth my time to post about him because it is all contentless nothing posts. Except for this one post which I found interesting:
In post 173, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 107, hebichan wrote:post restrictions are garbage.
Most, of sk's posts are one line, very short and often simply assert reads there are posts with quotes, but again, the commentary is only one or two lines at a max. The above post makes me wonder if SK is post restricted or not. But either way, contentless nothing posts and hopping on popular wagons makes me wary of sk. I don't see any real scum hunting or hard-hitting analysis in his posts, so he would also be someone I am scum reading.

Also, my previous vote today was proved to be unsound due to my misunderstanding of the roleblock. Thus, I need to move my vote. I would still like to vote for math, but I find his more recent d2 posting to be somewhat better... hmmm... I need to have a sleep on it.

But yeah, @math, don't you dare accuse me of just sitting on your wagon all of d1. While that is where my vote ended up being parked I explicitly made it clear that I had other scum reads and I would be willing to hop to a counter wagon on one of those, so you can suck and egg on that point.
after a wank.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by hebichan »

Honestly, I haven't been activebin any of my games due to lifr. Signalling me out in this one seems unfair.

I would rather vote someone I actually think looks like scum here, and that would be vaxkiller.

vote: vaxkiller
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:04 am

Post by Mathdino »

UT vote is okay-I-guess. I'm townreading a few of those posts though. indicates that he actually tried to use his negative ability in the most pro-town way he thought he could (I assume it's some cheesy shit like post restricting Cooldog). That said, he was on the Godel wagon and he was on the Napoleon wagon, and his avoidance of major wagons through the day heavily indicates scum by VCA.

SKrew is being himself. Idk what you're expecting there. I'm townreading him.

@hebi: I'm singling you out because your vote switch to Godel was weird and your defence of me feels alignment informed, on top of the fact that the gamestate of D1 works better with a lurky scumteam.
Vaxkiller vote is straight up bad and needs an explanation.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:49 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@math... ahhh, that makes more sense now. Still don't like Sir elton for the numerous other reasons I noted. Skrew I scum read, but I can understand why someone else would not. Anyway, either of those two are miles better than whatever shitty non-math wagons that are out there. I'd also note that I am still scum reading math, but not as hard as I did d1. I'd still be down to lynch him, but I think a Sir elton wagon will end up being more productive in the long run.
after a wank.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:54 am

Post by Mathdino »

lol keep me around long enough and scum-me softbusses all my scumbuddies
as long as we agree to lynch people on the napoleon wagon we're good

i'd like you to talk about gamma and hebichan
gamma has produced a lot of content but hebichan hasn't, and that seems to be your main issue with UT/SKrew

like if you took issue with my voting patterns on D1 i don't see how hebi's are any better
hebi half-assed onto the godel wagon
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:01 am

Post by Espeonage »

In post 615, Mathdino wrote:lol keep me around long enough and scum-me softbusses all my scumbuddies
I open the thread to back page, see this, and go yay I'm voting scum.
Don't @ me.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:24 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Home tonight. Might read then, might wait until tomorrow.
To be clear: quack
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 616, Espeonage wrote:
In post 615, Mathdino wrote:lol keep me around long enough and scum-me softbusses all my scumbuddies
I open the thread to back page, see this, and go yay I'm voting scum.
Good to know you're still not planning on adding jackshit to the game.

- You interacted with me literally not at all before voting me both days, which is counter to your apparent mafia philosophy.

- You've made little to no effort to actually sort people or give reads, instead coming in and calling me dumb or scum, or coming up with new theories on my roleclaim (WELP DOESNT MATTER DINO IS STILL SCUM).

- You also haven't even pushed the narrative in which I'm scum.

Like I'm assuming you're town based on gutreading a few of your posts along with the assumption that your wagon was scum-driven, but it would be real cool if you put an ounce of effort into this game. Cuz we're in a rough spot if we waste time til the deadline and compromise lynch town again.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Venmar »

i don't even know how to read dino's balls to the wall overdefensiveness and flailing at this point.

i genuinely don't believe that dino is town if his wagon was almost 100% town. it just doesn't compute in my brain. i don't know why scum would counterwagon dino if he was town. napoleon's wagon very likely had scum on it for that reason, but it doesn't give math a pass.

will admit though that hebichan upon iso feels off, mainly the fact that she seemed intent on gamma being scum but defaults to a vaxx vote for (???) reasons. not going to write this off as scummy behaviour yet but it's worth noting

here's where i stand right now:

town:

me

townlean:

chara
cooldog
vaxxkiller

non-factors:

sleepykrew (???)
ser elton john (???)

null/unsure:

espeonage (some early posting was iffy but i think recent posting has been solid/ok. might be bumped to townlean by poe eventually.)
gamma emerald (not too sure what to think still here but im perpetually paranoid. eat me)
hebichan (some bad vibes in general but not enough to sort yet)

null, possibly scumlean:

pirate mollie

scumlean:

mathdino
varsoon (especially so if math flips scum)

i'm happy with either a math or a varsoon lynch at this point. will accept either.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Mathdino »

When the top lynch candidates for most people are also the active posters
While you're willing to admit that lowposters haven't given you enough to sort them
Yep this is a game in which tactical lurking is literally the optimal strategy.

Like, yeah, once you start the scumread on me you're gonna see more posts as yet more evidence I'm scum, congrats

But I have an easy explanation for my wagon being mostly town:
Town is bad and signed up for a geriatric game so they don't have to seriously commit to effective scumhunting (many haven't played mafia in way too long)
And got distracted by someone with an odd playstyle out

D1 reads like town implosion.
Basing your reads around me flipping scum is setting yourself up for an infoless d3
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also let's note if Venmar is telling the truth about his role it's conf multiball
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

Sorry brudah, I'm town this time.

I can also literally prove it, if you give me time.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:36 am

Post by hebichan »

In post 604, Vaxkiller wrote:So I've been thinking about this some today (when I had a moment). I'm in a unique position to have been a town global roleblocker before! As venmar has stated mine also didn't block night kills.

Venmar. Why the fuck did you not use your ability in a town manner?

Also. Told you so about napoleon.

I also see chara is parroting my argument on dino... if hes not 100% guaranteed town, we have to lynch him.
My argument on you being town, dino, yesterday was mostly just seeing his play elsewhere and not thinking that you would claim in the way you did as scum. I mean, hey, I could be wrong, but I wasn't willing to vote you because of that. I said as much, if you think that's alignment informed, whatever. I don't really want to argue with town.

If you want to talk about alignment informed this feels more like it. I also don't like his implications on setting up two cases to go after here besides you.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Venmar »

"guys, i post a lot, therefore i shouldnt be lynched"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”