Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 907, Chara wrote:i wasn't going to accidentally force out any claims via making the claim i did
You need to teach someone (Jaydragonking) about that in particular. Fake claiming as TOWN should be done in a manner that risks no CC form the real PRs. (Also if you're faking as scum to escape the lynch, but that's another story).

And I don't care much what others (Cerb) say about it. I for one am proud of you :]
In post 921, Reasonably Rational wrote:Tempted to just get Chara lynched for doing a shitty thing, 25% chance we hit scum anyways!
Over my dead body!
In post 945, Chara wrote:Tibor/Skybird/Iconeum are scummy
Talk to me about the Iconeum read, cuz I have him above my null line. Agreed on the other two though.
In post 946, Reasonably Rational wrote:simply because they did something that's REALLY far outside of their town play.
And that's exactly why I'm endorsing and admiting their gambit. You should NOT expect someone to play the same everytime. It removes the challenge of trying to sort them (for Town) and it makes them pretty readable for Scum.

Like, where is the fun in knowing X does "this" as scum all the time, and you see them doing "this" on D1 and you lynch them. Or if you know Y does "that" as Town and you see them doing it on D1 and you are spared the efforst to try and read them beyond that point?

Why do you think I like playing you? It's because you play the same AS EITHER ALIGNEMNT, so it is always FUN to try and sort you.

EoP 38. and I'm starting to lose my concentration. So I'm calling it a night

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1424, Micc wrote:stopping in to say Im not town reading maid café or alisae slot so me giving maid café a vote here is out of the question. Can confirm that making the green voting elemental is my ability and that I didn't make the one in currently in play.

I also skimmed at least 15 of those pages pretty quickly but intend to sit down and organize thoughts after work tonight. I don't get the maid café vote dancing and I want to understand it so if there's an explanation someone please quote it for me.
ok but um
if you give a vote to someone town is not okay with, then you WILL be scrutinized for it.
GTKAS
| here.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Micc »

alisae why is beeboy town?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

OMG! It's Alisae!! <3

We love Alisaes!!

~Kiana
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

In post 1289, Almost50 wrote:
In post 417, Bronya Zaychik wrote:And tell me your read on Dunnstral.
Dafuq??? Dunn had only posted 2 damn letters by that point! How does anyone get a read from a "hi"?? Unless you think him not typing "Hi" or using a fullstop/exclamation is AI!!!
Mark your own words because you're going to get some quality entertainment once you're caught up.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1428, Bronya Zaychik wrote:OMG! It's Alisae!! <3

We love Alisaes!!

~Kiana
Yes I love you too <3

--
In post 1427, Micc wrote:alisae why is beeboy town?
I would gladly answer this for you but I have 0 interest in working with you!
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

Also for those who I am willing to cooperate with
It's right here
In post 1297, Alisae wrote:@Bee - Ur probably town judging by post count cuz either you lurk early and Claire does the heavy lifting if you were scum
GTKAS
| here.
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

OMG Alisae's new avatar is sooooo kawaiiiii~~~~~~
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

/dying
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

don't die too much there
if you die too hard I'll be sad :(
GTKAS
| here.
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

<3

Yay for Alisae replacing in!

and for obvtowning a null slot!
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

I have nothing further to comment though, so I'll be off.

~Kiana
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 1430, Alisae wrote:I would gladly answer this for you but I have 0 interest in working with you!
well that seems unnecessarily obtuse.
In post 1431, Alisae wrote:Also for those who I am willing to cooperate with
It's right here
In post 1297, Alisae wrote:@Bee - Ur probably town judging by post count cuz either you lurk early and Claire does the heavy lifting if you were scum
and this doesn't do anything for me. it being your only stated read besides sheeping beeboy on me just feels like a slap in the face.

I don't know why I thought joining a large where everybody else was buddy buddy with each other was a good idea.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1437, Micc wrote:
In post 1430, Alisae wrote:I would gladly answer this for you but I have 0 interest in working with you!
It's right here
and this doesn't do anything for me. it being your only stated read besides sheeping beeboy on me just feels like a slap in the face.

I don't know why I thought joining a large where everybody else was buddy buddy with each other was a good idea.
Micc. Interact with everybody else more often. This has less to do with the people playing here knowing one another, and more with you not having a whole lot of content. You're asking questions, but you're not forming a lot of opinions(or at least, not expressing those opinions) yourself.

Any significant conclusions you've reached so far?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:23 pm

And for the record, I'm fairly certain Alisae's reticence towards working with you is because they scumread you, and they're one of those people who don't like to talk to scum reads. I disagree with that sort of play, but, it is what it is.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

Welcome to Alisae's Professional Guide on How to PROPERLY Play Wolf

Thank you Micc for being a wonderful test dummy!

With this professional guide, I will teach you how to play Wolf properly in Project
M
afia! Let's get started!

Step 1: Attempting to dismantle townblocs at any chance possible.

Are you scum worried about town townblocing itself without you in it?
Are you afraid that page 5 townblocs will end your wolf randing mafia career?
Well fear not, I have the perfect solution for you!
All you have to do, is blatantly say I am against townblocing as shown, here
In post 235, Micc wrote:Trying to townblock on page 5 feels kinda insane to me.

I read the whole thread but most of it felt pretty meaningless. I'll be back when we can vote.

predit: oh look its mastina. looking forward to finally playing a game with you.
Upon doing this tactic ALONG with attempting to CALL OUT your scumbuddy in attempt to distance, you will prevent townblocs from ever forming again!!!!!!!!!
ok look its page 10, I get it, but its funny lol

Step 2: Picking Out your mislynch

To win as scum you have to lynch town. Mafia is a game where townies lunch
townies
wolves and wolves lynch
wolves
townies.
So you have to pick your mislynches in a way that helps achieve this goal.
And what a better way to start then picking the guy who's entrence mirrors yours completely!
In post 3, Micc wrote:This game is gunna be sweeeeeet.
In post 22, Taly wrote:This is absolutely scandalous. :wink:
Similar entries is a extremely scummy trait and is something that is always done by scum, so its easy to push!!!!!!!!
Blantant Misrepresentation but its funny lol

Step 3: Forming a Case

However, you can't push a mislynch if you don't have any thing to justify your push off of.
After all, when you push a "fact" you can then fall back on the justification you built up as a scapegoat.
Also pushing "facts" allows you to present good
IRONCLAD
reasoning.
Who cares about being right? You're a wolf!
You don't need to push reads!
Reads =/ Facts.

Luckily, you can use claims as shown here:
In post 263, Taly wrote:To my understanding, I have a very inconsistent way of acquiring mana. But primarily, two ways:

1) Not using my Planeswalker ability

2) I target someone with my Planeswalker ability. For 2 phases, I gain Mana the same way they would, and I gain their abilities. I can only do this once per dayphase.

I'm literally a temporary copy-cat.
As a good basis to push someone.
Especially if you are scared of that role and you want it gone as fast as possible.
Who needs waiting for the night to come, why not just lynch it!

Keep in mind that when you are forming your case, you have to twist the narative to not consider any town motivation.
Also, make sure the read is presented as a strong confident read, because people like to sheep those!
These things are done perfectly well here:
In post 365, Micc wrote:VOTE: Taly
I think this is a good place to start. I don't know how you get a role like the one he claimed and don't immediately think "hey I can use this to confirm other people's abilities when they claim them" as town. Like sure everyone's probably got access to reasonably powerful ability, but waiting for someone to get run up to L-1 and claim and then copying their ability to compare it to the claim seems like good value.

For the record I disagree with any theory argument that leads to claims from players not on L-1. Props to Chara for expressing importance of not being stupid.
You CAN attempt to stand it from a town PoV.
But you don't need to do that, you're a wolf after all!
Your job is to push mislynches!

Step 4: Pushing the lynch

Once you picked out your mislynch, you must attempt to turn everything they stated into something that is scummy!
Because you are a wolf, you can get away with having as many unorganic, unnatural, and agenda based reads as possible!
This is perfectly done here:
In post 703, Micc wrote:
In post 470, Iconeum wrote:
In post 365, Micc wrote:VOTE: Taly
I think this is a good place to start. I don't know how you get a role like the one he claimed and don't immediately think "hey I can use this to confirm other people's abilities when they claim them" as town. Like sure everyone's probably got access to reasonably powerful ability, but waiting for someone to get run up to L-1 and claim and then copying their ability to compare it to the claim seems like good value.

For the record I disagree with any theory argument that leads to claims from players not on L-1. Props to Chara for expressing importance of not being stupid.
How do you feel about the follow-up provided by Taly, after being questioned by Chara about this? That was also posted before you made this post, did you read it and ignored it, or missed it?
329 was terrible imo. The idea of claiming in order to spur discussion and interaction is gross. Wanting to give a public warning that his ability is ever changing and unpredictable is scum motivated preparation for later and further shows how he’s missing half the utility of the ability. Him showing uncertainty about Chara’s sarcasm and deciding to assume meaning instead of seeking clarification.

Yeah this is a good wagon. People should join.
Also when you are pushing your reads, you have to give as LITTLE to No content possible on anything else.
This is because attempting to fabricate reads and having to stick to them will come back to bite you when people analyze your PROGRESSION.
But when you DO form reads, make sure to shade as many people as possible as seen here:
In post 770, Micc wrote:
In post 752, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Micc: Why are you voting for Taly over Tibor? You've expressed dissatisfaction with both slots(agreeing with Venmars scum read on Tibor, which indicates agreement that there exists a more significant history of scummy actions than that which exists for Taly(since that history is based on a singular event)), and Tibor has more votes already...so why not put more pressure on the other scum read?
On a metric of scum pings per posts I’d say Taly is leading so that’s why I’m voting there now. And there’s like one vote on the Tibor hydra right now so the wagon size is pretty irrelevant.

If this is you saying you’re up for pressuring here then sure I guess I’m in. I think the reads in the catchup post and the Almost50 vote are kinda loose. The random theory question pointed at me is super ackward and I don’t see it’s purpose at all. They both gave at least partial indication that they thought Chara “lynch town day 1” strategy was serious and I kinda rolled my eyes at that.
In post 1424, Micc wrote:stopping in to say Im not town reading maid café or alisae slot so me giving maid café a vote here is out of the question. Can confirm that making the green voting elemental is my ability and that I didn't make the one in currently in play.

I also skimmed at least 15 of those pages pretty quickly but intend to sit down and organize thoughts after work tonight. I don't get the maid café vote dancing and I want to understand it so if there's an explanation someone please quote it for me.

Step 5: Faking your Scumhunting

As a wolf, you have to look like you are scumhunting. To do this, you push mislynches, but occasionally you have to ask questions.
How do we counter such a boring habbit?
There are two methods!

The first method is to not care about the question.
If you ask random questions and hope that people will think they are "good questions" and have 0 interest in the question, you will look like you are scumhunting. This is seen here:
In post 711, Micc wrote:
In post 660, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 389, Micc wrote:
In post 368, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Micc, do you feel the need to have an intent to hammer to claim, or just L-1?
Whenever it becomes clear that that person is the lynch for the day if nothing changes. I don't think distinguishing between intent being called or not really matters.
That's my philosophy too. I ended up claiming fairly early by that logic as PR once.
~Lumia
Why did you feel this was relevant enough to ask me about?
In post 1427, Micc wrote:alisae why is beeboy town?
The second method is to not care about the answer!
For example, if you are going to ask a quesiton, and the questionee provides an answer, make sure to discredit and/or scumread the answer to that question as much as possible.
As long as you have a response already made to the questionee's answer, then you are good to go. Just use that response no matter what answer they provide.
For exmaple, Micc asked me what do I think of Beeboy.
I provided my read, thinking he would not care about it, and he responds with this:
In post 1437, Micc wrote:
It's right here

This is a great example at asking loaded questions, as we can infer on how Micc responded, that he was planning on discredit the response no matter what, due to his prior scumread on Bee.

Conclusion

Thank you for reading my guide on how to play Wolf in Project
M
afia!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!1!11!!1
11!!1
!1
!!!!!!!11!!!1
11!1
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

oh yeah btw cases are scummy.
GTKAS
| here.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

Then what do you make of Titus demanding I do one while at work?

FYI done with D&D and exhausted will do my best.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:05 pm

In post 1441, Alisae wrote:oh yeah btw cases are scummy.
I only make cases. :(

-Cerb
Show

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1442, OnTheMark wrote:Then what do you make of Titus demanding I do one while at work?

This question means nothing to me because its not about the concept of casing its about what's inside the case.
GTKAS
| here.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1444, Alisae wrote:
In post 1442, OnTheMark wrote:Then what do you make of Titus demanding I do one while at work?

This question means nothing to me because its not about the concept of casing its about what's inside the case.
I like legit don't understand that answer.

Tipsy On The Mark is on the Case :D
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Alisae »

Most cases are basicly pbpa analyzing a person's ISO.
Because of this, it takes completely out of context what that person is doing,
which makes sense because well, its an ISO. You can't grab context from an ISO.

Also cases make out things which aren't scummy at all, as scummy.
In fact, they try to make it seem like everything the target does, is in fact scummy.

I see this a lot with cases that cover a person's RVS posts on D5 and saying those are alignment indicative.
Like ffs, those posts were made in the RVS phase of the game. If people thought they were AI then it would have been pushed.
Like for example "Oh, this guy's post 5 is a naked vote and that's scummy"
The attempt to suddenly spin those posts around as scummy is disingenuous.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1445, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1444, Alisae wrote:

I like legit don't understand that answer.

Tipsy On The Mark is on the Case :D
oh hi Math
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Alisae »