Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:06 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1999, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 1996, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1993, Shining Dreamers wrote:My partner and I have a color PT. It's a large neighborhood. She has a theory that four more PTs exist for each color.
Interesting. Who is in it?
Don't answer this pls.
Why shouldn’t she?

If it has all of one color and likely has a scum in it, then we are only sharing information with town.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1997, Purple Heart wrote:
In post 1993, Shining Dreamers wrote:My partner and I have a color PT. It's a large neighborhood. She has a theory that four more PTs exist for each color.
News to me.
News to me as well.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1134, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1132, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 381, Skybird wrote:
In post 376, Venmar wrote:quick reminder to everyone that i need to be 2nd largest wagon each day to be useful :/

vote: Venmar

This post bugs me. Why do you think you have to use a spell/ability to be useful?
Skybird also bugs me because they call out Venmar for thinking they have to have an ability to be useful but are wholly inconsistent when Maid Cafe does antitoen bullshit that we’re still not clear on what for mana.

This means if Skybird is scum Ico is town and Maid might be scum.
And of course Venmar would be town in that case.
Why would Ico be town in that case? He's not mentioned there.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:07 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2002, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1134, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1132, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 381, Skybird wrote:
In post 376, Venmar wrote:quick reminder to everyone that i need to be 2nd largest wagon each day to be useful :/

vote: Venmar

This post bugs me. Why do you think you have to use a spell/ability to be useful?
Skybird also bugs me because they call out Venmar for thinking they have to have an ability to be useful but are wholly inconsistent when Maid Cafe does antitoen bullshit that we’re still not clear on what for mana.

This means if Skybird is scum Ico is town and Maid might be scum.
And of course Venmar would be town in that case.
Why would Ico be town in that case? He's not mentioned there.
It gets called out later but mainly it’s how Venmar is poked by Ico.
Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Purple Heart »

Don't answer this pls.
Why not?

Also math it's a upick hood comp is nai if hoods are based on flavour

Also bee opinion on mastina please
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1138, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 669, Skybird wrote:
In post 586, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 575, Chara wrote:i'm not talking about stealing mana, i'm talking about informing scum nightkills, and scum power use.

and how Varsoon hates massclaims, explicitly warned us against flavour claims, etc.

maybe it means nothing. but i can guarantee Varsoon did not design this game so that it's a good idea for everyone to claim and coordinate mana stacking.

and this hasn't even touched on the fact i'm not townreading you, so why should i be giving you mana? :<

I dunno people said this about mass claiming not breaking both GiF magical girl games and both got broken via mass claim if people went for it.

I think generally its more pro-town if we all just openly try and get mana. If there are conflicting ways to generate it then we lose maybe 3 people casting spells. Vs me and Maki trying to play like a jester get voted, cross vote under a specific condition then hope that we can walk it off.

Like being hidden about mana generation I think hurts town, I think the game was made so most of us can generate mana, Varsoon wouldn't design cards people can't realistically use and by hiding how i get mana me and maki just get taken off our cards 9/10 times.
Lot's of people can still hiddenly generate mana and don't need to claim conditions.

Scum knowing I always act tonight is strictly better than me not acting.

~B
Others have already reasponded to this but I don't think it's a good thing to let scum know how you generate mana. It makes it easier for them to mess things up for town.
In post 623, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 260, Skybird wrote:Right now, I feel like either Maid Cafe or OTM is scum, I'm not sure which one though leaning towards Maid Cafe. I didn't like and from them.

Tibor and Lumia ping town to me. That is a gut read.

Pre-edit: Thanks Phosphophyllite
Why is it one or the other? Why can't both be town?
~Lumia
They both might be. The whole argument just felt like MC was being contrary instead of two town talking past each other. (Not sure if contrary is the right word but I'm struggling to come up with a better one at the moment and without re-reading the whole argument.)
In post 666, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 512, Skybird wrote:
In post 477, Chara wrote:historically, a scum lynch on day 1 is actually worse for town. sometimes, it can work out wonderfully despite that. but for the most part, i'd call it bad. Maki knows what i mean.

therefore, seeing as my role powers up on town deaths, and a day 1 scum lynch is bad for town, i propose we collectively agree to lynch town. i know it sounds silly, but it makes sense. i hate seeing town do well on the first day only to tank every other.

VOTE: Mark
I 've heard something like this before but I really don't like the idea of trying to lynch town. I get scrum vibes from this post.
Why? Do you really think mafia are going to campaign for a town lynch? I recall Chara being pretty nutty as scum (or it could be Almost) but she's not nuts.
~Lumia
To propose we purposely try to lynch town is pretty scummy. If she can get a majority of players to agree then we lose a town player. Of course Chara made it sound like a joke in post . What better way to play off a scum gambit than to say it was a joke?
Now Skybird makes a push on Chara who is obvTown so the push will go nowhere.

It’s just noise.

I haven’t seen a single positive contribution from the slot.
Actually I'm noting a lot of what Skybird and Ico are saying is lining up, what does this tell you about their chance of being scum partners?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Purple Heart »

In post 2005, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1138, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 669, Skybird wrote:
In post 586, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 575, Chara wrote:i'm not talking about stealing mana, i'm talking about informing scum nightkills, and scum power use.

and how Varsoon hates massclaims, explicitly warned us against flavour claims, etc.

maybe it means nothing. but i can guarantee Varsoon did not design this game so that it's a good idea for everyone to claim and coordinate mana stacking.

and this hasn't even touched on the fact i'm not townreading you, so why should i be giving you mana? :<

I dunno people said this about mass claiming not breaking both GiF magical girl games and both got broken via mass claim if people went for it.

I think generally its more pro-town if we all just openly try and get mana. If there are conflicting ways to generate it then we lose maybe 3 people casting spells. Vs me and Maki trying to play like a jester get voted, cross vote under a specific condition then hope that we can walk it off.

Like being hidden about mana generation I think hurts town, I think the game was made so most of us can generate mana, Varsoon wouldn't design cards people can't realistically use and by hiding how i get mana me and maki just get taken off our cards 9/10 times.
Lot's of people can still hiddenly generate mana and don't need to claim conditions.

Scum knowing I always act tonight is strictly better than me not acting.

~B
Others have already reasponded to this but I don't think it's a good thing to let scum know how you generate mana. It makes it easier for them to mess things up for town.
In post 623, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 260, Skybird wrote:Right now, I feel like either Maid Cafe or OTM is scum, I'm not sure which one though leaning towards Maid Cafe. I didn't like and from them.

Tibor and Lumia ping town to me. That is a gut read.

Pre-edit: Thanks Phosphophyllite
Why is it one or the other? Why can't both be town?
~Lumia
They both might be. The whole argument just felt like MC was being contrary instead of two town talking past each other. (Not sure if contrary is the right word but I'm struggling to come up with a better one at the moment and without re-reading the whole argument.)
In post 666, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 512, Skybird wrote:
In post 477, Chara wrote:historically, a scum lynch on day 1 is actually worse for town. sometimes, it can work out wonderfully despite that. but for the most part, i'd call it bad. Maki knows what i mean.

therefore, seeing as my role powers up on town deaths, and a day 1 scum lynch is bad for town, i propose we collectively agree to lynch town. i know it sounds silly, but it makes sense. i hate seeing town do well on the first day only to tank every other.

VOTE: Mark
I 've heard something like this before but I really don't like the idea of trying to lynch town. I get scrum vibes from this post.
Why? Do you really think mafia are going to campaign for a town lynch? I recall Chara being pretty nutty as scum (or it could be Almost) but she's not nuts.
~Lumia
To propose we purposely try to lynch town is pretty scummy. If she can get a majority of players to agree then we lose a town player. Of course Chara made it sound like a joke in post . What better way to play off a scum gambit than to say it was a joke?
Now Skybird makes a push on Chara who is obvTown so the push will go nowhere.

It’s just noise.

I haven’t seen a single positive contribution from the slot.
Actually I'm noting a lot of what Skybird and Ico are saying is lining up, what does this tell you about their chance of being scum partners?
HOLY FUCK
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2004, Purple Heart wrote:
Don't answer this pls.
Why not?

It’s nai based on flavor yeah but depending upon the size can be illuminating.

For example assume 4 scum 13 town
Then the more people you add the more likely scum is in it based on sheer probability.
Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Purple Heart »

In post 2007, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 2004, Purple Heart wrote:
Don't answer this pls.
Why not?

It’s nai based on flavor yeah but depending upon the size can be illuminating.

For example assume 4 scum 13 town
Then the more people you add the more likely scum is in it based on sheer probability.
no
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:12 am

Post by OnTheMark »

Yes. If X people are in the hood then the odds of it being an all town hood are
Assuming four scum
13!/X! * (1/17)^X

Necessarily as X grows the odds of scum being in the hood necessarily increase.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:13 am

Post by OnTheMark »

If four people are in the hood then odds of all town hood are right around 20%.
Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Purple Heart »

I'm not saying it's all town
What I am saying is hood comp should not dictate alignments and how you scumhunt
Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:16 am

Post by Purple Heart »

Stop it
You're getting distracted.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:17 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2011, Purple Heart wrote:I'm not saying it's all town
What I am saying is hood comp should not dictate alignments and how you scumhunt
And I disagree and I don’t want to receive any more unwarranted “coaching”

If a given number of people exist in a PT there are odds that come into play. They aren’t a driving factor but they are A factor.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:17 am

Post by OnTheMark »

I am extracting information from a scumread.
Information the slot has to tell the truth on.
Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Purple Heart »

In post 2009, OnTheMark wrote:Yes. If X people are in the hood then the odds of it being an all town hood are
Assuming four scum
13!/X! * (1/17)^X

Necessarily as X grows the odds of scum being in the hood necessarily increase.
Like this only works if said hood was designed with this in mind
And I highly doubt it was
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 am

If there is one hood for each color, and both PH and myself aren't in hoods, then it means the hood membership isn't everywhere with that color.

More likely there is only a hood or two for colors with communal focuses, namely white and green.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 am

Post by OnTheMark »

It’s not a matter of hood design.

It’s combinatorics.

Assume four scum.
Give me four random people. 80% odds one of them is scum.
Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Purple Heart »

In post 2014, OnTheMark wrote:I am extracting information from a scumread.
Information the slot has to tell the truth on.
I want to know if more hoods exist and who is in them as well.
Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Purple Heart »

This is getting us nowhere
I agree to disagree
There
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:22 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2016, Reasonably Rational wrote:If there is one hood for each color, and both PH and myself aren't in hoods, then it means the hood membership isn't everywhere with that color.

More likely there is only a hood or two for colors with communal focuses, namely white and green.

-Cerb
What makes you think you and PH share a color?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 am

In post 2020, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 2016, Reasonably Rational wrote:If there is one hood for each color, and both PH and myself aren't in hoods, then it means the hood membership isn't everywhere with that color.

-Cerb
Nothing, and that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that if there are two examples of people who aren't part of any hood, and there is a hood for each color, it means the hoods for each color do not contain EVERY PERSON who has that color as part of their identity.

Which makes it more likely that there ISN'T a hood for every color(rather than that our two roles are specifically not allowed in the hoods, as in, we both have the same negative attribute compared to everyone else), but there is instead color hoods for White and Green, the colors that are focused on communities.

-Cerb
Show

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2020, OnTheMark wrote:

-Cerb
Question rescinded misread.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:28 am

Post by OnTheMark »

Mastina/Yume really needs to just answer the question or refuse to or Maid Cafe needs to explain why not to answer the question.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 2000, OnTheMark wrote:Why shouldn’t she?

If it has all of one color and likely has a scum in it, then we are only sharing information with town.
I mean your just describing chance atm, roles don't pertain to alignment even if there probably is scum in a pool of 3-6 people.
People in the hood have just as high odds of being scum then anyone else so outing it is pointless.

~B
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”