Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3801, Archwing wrote:I dislike dunker more and more as this day goes on
not to toot my own horn or anything, but everyone this whole game has called me locktown. do you really think i could be this good at scum?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3824, Radja wrote:Questions from cheet to everyone still in the game:

- State any reasons why you think Arch is town.
- State any reasons why you think I'm scum.

That is all. No big cases needed, just a a little explanation will do
-arch town cause ucv was not scumposting
-poe

vla till tmr. final day until spring break then i have all the time in the world.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:51 am

Post by Archwing »

hey Rad, good to see you.

well i'm town cause i have a green role pm.
rad, i haven't seen a lot from you that is explicitly scummy, but i've got townleans on most everyone else, so it kinda comes from a poe sense. i'm open to talk about it tho
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Archwing »

In post 3825, Dunkerdoodles wrote:do you really think i could be this good at scum?
you could have boon, una, chill all coaching you in discord for all i know.

ACTUALLY

can you tell me what boon has said about this game please.
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Bins »

- archwing I'm "townreading" (it's not strong) because of UCV's LLD vote and just gut. it's not strong.
- u know why I think ur scum

there u go
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by Keychain »

I might have more to say on this later but you're in my scumpool because 2/3 of the NKs were scumreading you and I'm using that to narrow things down for me, but I'm pretty lost on my independent read on you as of this moment. I'm leaning towards Arch town mostly for the reasons given by Mina in .

In post 3806, Archwing wrote:
In post 3805, Keychain wrote:Would everyone be able to rank DV, Radja and Bins in order of how much you want to lynch them?
Radja then dv then bins. Why am I and dunker not in this group?
Bulba is also not in this group. I explained the pool in . Thanks for the response.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry to everyone for not being as involved recently. I’ve had to work more than expected which has been tough, but I’m still committed to working things out to the best of my ability!

I can answer this though, by saying that I don’t really think that Archwing is town, and I don’t really think Radja is scum. But the Archwing read in particular is not especially sorted at the moment.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Radja »

In post 3829, Bins wrote:- u know why I think ur scum
I'd like to hear it anyway.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Radja »

I've hardly had any sleep so
V/LA until tomorrow
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Archwing »

deas,

can you link me your last two town games?
GTKAS
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I haven’t played much lately but I think these are it:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=73801 - Not a good game at all for me imo.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=72397 - Probably most indicative of my town play out of the two.

I also wanted to comment on your reply to me here:
In post 3787, Archwing wrote:Deas, I do seem more active right now,
but I was always here. I'm always reading
. I just could not engage myself earlier. I think there were a couple things that aligned together which "kicked" me into gear.. xy flipping town and mina getting nk'd were definitely part of it. also that there are still 2 scum alive right now bothers me.

we're one mislynch away from lylo and I feel like I'm really getting into this game. I feel like town is starting to cohere together and start to work with eachother. that was not happening the last couple of days.
The bolded is what most concerns me because I knew that you were here and reading, you didn’t seem that enthusiastic about the xyzzy vote, phrasing it as a sheep of Titus, and not really doing much to solve the game further. I’m glad that you’re getting into the game, and if you are town I am sorry for going all squinty-eyed at you but my thoughts on who’s scum is basically a revolving door of who is scum out of you/Bins/Bulba depending on my mood at the time (It would take a lot to convince me on Radja).

Also Radja, please let me know when you have time to get back into the game. I’d like to ask you something.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3828, Archwing wrote:
In post 3825, Dunkerdoodles wrote:do you really think i could be this good at scum?
you could have boon, una, chill all coaching you in discord for all i know.

ACTUALLY

can you tell me what boon has said about this game please.
i've said our pt has been dead for a while
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 4.01Image

Not Voting (7), everyone

Day four deadline is Monday March 26, 4 PM PST. (expired on 2018-03-26 16:00:00).

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:50 pm

Post by Keychain »

I read through Radja's ISO and I can't help but read him as town. Notes I took are spoilered.

Spoiler: showing my working
Early posts undermining Dino's early townread on LLD seem unlikely to be from partners, and the slip in of asking her a question she'd already addressed maybe too? Though I know when I'm scum I read my partners' posts less carefully, so maybe not.

I found very town, or if faked very impressive. Also early unprompted mentions of his team by name such as in seem to be legit, and saying they're affecting his reads in also seems like too much casual detail to be fake.

Getting into the fight with Dino from like for calling him as the scumteam (especially with LLD) seems unwise from a scum perspective, who would want to avoid drawing attention to it. Unless he thought he could get Dino lynched over it.

brings up a good point, though unrelated to Radja - A50 had claimed VT. Did scum think he was gambitting? Who in the game would expect that of him and kill him for it? Or maybe his reads are worth an extra look.

Posts like are puzzling. Continuing to push Mathdino for policy after claiming fruit vendor could be a way to keep busy as scum, but I don't think so. I would expect scum!Radja to be playing it squeaky clean after hammering a partner.

I bet I could make up a scumtell out of repeating "tbh" in but nah.

shows looks like town cold feet and I think scum would have just gone without that.

Overall: it seems like he's put himself under the guillotine by getting into fights with town (Dino, Titus and most recently in ) too often to be scum, and the level of early detail he provided of his team's reads seemed very natural and casual, and wasn't always addressing the immediate situation (). Like it looked like there was a history of active discussion. If his team was providing fake reads, I'd expect him to echo them on the spot.

I could potentially be underestimating him and his team here but I would need a serious amount of convincing to vote him today, I think.

Next up is DeasVail's slot :]
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:54 am

Post by Archwing »

Dunker,

He hasnt said ANYTHING?
GTKAS
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:26 am

Post by Bulbazak »

@Radja: If I have anything to say regarding those 2 questions, I'll say them when I'm done doing dives.

Speaking of, I'm going to be finishing those today and getting a post up that I've been meaning to do all week. Crossing fingers I just don't fall asleep again.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Okay. Going to stop putting this off now.

Spoiler: For Your Sanity
Okay, I'm going to go line by line here and try to match with my notes. It's been several days, so hopefully I still know what this means.
In post 2938, Archwing wrote: k so, game started on 20th of Jan.
Actually, the game started on the 22nd. Looking back at our Team PT, we were given all the role PMs on the 19th and took the better part of the day to assign them. I'm not sure how that went for other teams, but the game thread did not open until the 22nd. I looked at the Invention Scum PT to get an idea of when that one opened up, and the first non-mod post wasn't until the 21st. So I'm not sure what this line is in reference to. It's easy to say "Welp, Arch just screwed up and let it slip he's scum.", but that's assuming that the mod opened up the Scum PT that early and Arch's team started posting in there on the 20th (hence game starting). But again, I don't have any way to verify that, and everything I do have points to that still being potentially too early. I also don't think that Arch is talking about team comp discussion here. He'd say so. So not sure what the answer is here, but I am noticing that this is a major time discrepancy in Arch's post.
In post 2938, Archwing wrote: on 22nd creature wanted UCV to push LLD and skirt skirt.
I have a note here that says "Skirt discrepancy". Not sure what that means, so going to look real quick.
Okay, so best that I can tell, it has to do with the way UCV pushed Skirt. Arch says that Creature was the one that wanted UCV to push Skirt, but UCV repeatedly says it's Mulch. The focus is actually incredibly Mulch-centric, and Creature is left out of it until after Dino starts hounding UCV. UCV explodes on Dino, specifically asking if Mulch is not good enough, but you'd think with a focus from the playerlist on what Creature is thinking, that if Creature was actually giving feedback, UCV wouldn't have a problem just giving that straightaway. I don't know. It just doesn't feel right.

Also, for those I asked about if UCV was a clinical player: He gave percentages on how sure his team mates were on Skirt being scum. They're all 100%, except for Creature, who is 99%. He repeats this again later. I've played with Creature, and I've never seen him display that level of doubt if he had a strong scum read. Maybe I just haven't played with him enough, and I've been wrong before, but I don't think Creature is one to say "I'm 99% sure this guy is scum.". He'd just scream "X is scum!" over and over again.
In post 2938, Archwing wrote: early town reads on dunker bins and a50.
keychain looks bad, thus he makes the first scum team guess of {lld, skirt, keychain}
This is where Mina gets that UCV and Arch are consistent. Compare the above to this UCV post:
In post 312, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 306, Mathdino wrote:I'm not asking you to have Creature read the thread literally this second.

I'm asking you when he has provided input in the past, and if he has been reading this thread.

I've twice requested specifically him to be reading this game.
) Elena is most likely to choose scum from her team 2) eddie succesfully pocketed someone 3) Mathdino's reads seem pretty good 4) We want eddie cane pushed but I'm not 99% 5) Keychain was scummy but then he thinks he must be misreading them 6) LLD is scummy 7) Early game called LLD, skirt skirt, keychain 8) bulba is town 9) almost50 is town cause playing like open 707 10) Bins is town 11) Dunkerdoodles feels town
all posted by creature

here
Scum reads and town reads are the same. I didn't really see it at first, but that's because you have to rearrange what's being said about the town reads. This is also consistent to what he said earlier about Creature's strength on Skirt (something I just covered), but again, that seems like a really weird thing for Creature to say. And given how much Dino had to push to get this, I'm really not sure about the whole thing.
In post 2938, Archwing wrote: 25th says {elena LLD transcend}
also thinks TBone doesn't pick scum and then lurk 'til lynched.
I checked the timeline here, and this doesn't match up. I'm not sure about the team suggestion, but more on the suggestion that Creature thinks T-Bone is town. If that was the case, apparently UCV didn't get the memo, because he started pushing the slot on the 25th.
In post 2938, Archwing wrote: 29th thinks bins being dino's top lynch is wtffff
thinks NSG and dino are the most likely people on your team to pick scum.
I looked all over the UCV ISO from the 29th on, and there's no evidence of a Math scumread.
In post 2938, Archwing wrote: on the first of feb, thought about pushing chess for scum, then retracted and said stay on havingfitz.
The Chess scumread lines up here. UCV was scumreading Chess at the time. Other than that, "stay on Havingfitz" makes zero sense. UCV wasn't voting the Fitz slot at the time, and hadn't the entire day phase. In fact, his vote was still on Titus at the time. UCV wouldn't vote Fitz until the next day, at which point the wagon was gaining a lot of attention.
In post 2938, Archwing wrote: A50's post 2053 has a solid case on chesskid scum.
Here's the case being referenced:
In post 2053, Almost50 wrote: CK not using the alleged program in this game is pinging me, and the swap in itself could've been strategically done to play down suspicion on Smocaine (maybe Smocaine couldn't handle it anymore. I don't know). CK may have felt he's done a good job already and could now try to bring his team the in in here.
I actually had to do a Chess ISO dive for a reference, as I'd only read the Inventions scum chat, so thanks for that trip into the jaws of insanity (although it was slightly amusing). Finally found it, and I'm not sure how A50 thinks it'd be any use here. 1.) It was made clear that Chess did not have access to the program, but had seen info on certain select players that were likely to be in the tourney. 2.) He only had the info on those players. 3.) The info was on high level players that would be difficult to read. I'm not sure if anyone thought we actually had anyone that would fit on that list and that Chess/Elli would have tried looking up. T-Bone maybe? CDB? The list would be very small, and that's assuming those names were one of the few that he looked up before Elli took over the tourney.

It makes sense that A50 would be zeroed in on it, since he was trying to break the tournament via tourney-wide VCA. It's conceivable that Creature would have expected something similar, but again, in that same game, Chess made it clear that his having info on Mastina from the program was a fluke and likely not repeatable. In other words, the application of such knowledge was limited, and it was unlikely to be useful again. If Chess did have information to use in this game, he'd likely push it, although he did seem to want to do so at a minimum, as he wasn't sure of the legality of the whole thing. When he brought it up in Inventions, it was more of a "Hey guys! I actually have more proof than what I've presented, and I'm 100% sure, but I can't go any further on this. Just do what I ask, because I didn't want to bring this up in the first place.". So not something he's going to rush in this game and advertise if he did have such info.

Also, he was on vacation at the time. So...

That's about it for my notes. I'm going to go take a quick look at the d1 VCs. I don't want to push something for a pattern if there isn't one, so I want to double check the data.

Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3839, Archwing wrote:Dunker,

He hasnt said ANYTHING?
nothing
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Okay, double checked, and Dino
was
a counter to the Fitz wagon. Does anyone think there were any other scum besides Fitz on or pushing the wagon? Or do you think it was all town?

Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Bins »

#massclaim saves lives
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3843, Bulbazak wrote:Okay, double checked, and Dino
was
a counter to the Fitz wagon. Does anyone think there were any other scum besides Fitz on or pushing the wagon? Or do you think it was all town?
wagon was basically me fitz and radja

radja could be but imo scum would've stayed away from math
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Radja »

DV, what was it that you wanted to ask me? I'm having a really busy weekend. But I'll see if I can find time to get to your question
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 4.02Image

Not Voting (7), everyone

Day four deadline is Monday March 26, 4 PM PST. (expired on 2018-03-26 16:00:00).

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3834, Archwing wrote:deas,

can you link me your last two town games?
What did you end up gaining from my answer?
In post 3843, Bulbazak wrote:Okay, double checked, and Dino
was
What are your thoughts on this?
In post 3846, Radja wrote:DV, what was it that you wanted to ask me? I'm having a really busy weekend. But I'll see if I can find time to get to your question
I was interested in how confident you are in your read of me.

-----

Also my reads have been spiraling and spiraling and it's gotten to the point now where I just can't get Archwing-scum out of my head, but I also have reason to think that he might not be scum, and there goes the spiral again! This is another call out for anyone with a decent townread on him to explain why. Or for someone with a decent scumread on someone else to convince me of that (preferably not a scumread on me, you know) because I'm at a point where every time I try to think of someone as scum, I instead come up with a reason for why they're town and it's driving me a bit bonkers at the moment. And when it comes down to it, I come up with the least number of reasons for archwing to be town.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:05 pm

Post by Keychain »

If you could order players by how much you townread them and give the reasons, that would be very helpful for following your spiral. Also how do you use scum!Arch to explain the NKs?

In post 3773, DeasVail wrote:I can see why T-Bone and Mima could have been killed regardless of their reads, but was there a good reason for the Almost50 kill apart from his reads? I have no idea personally.
Sorry, backtracking a moment. DV, why would you think Mina would be killed regardless of her reads? The kill on her makes me more suspicious of you. Combined with this statement it kind of confirms to me that you in particular as scum would be super wary of her as a player.

A50 is a very strong town player but he had also claimed VT. Either scum thought he was a gambitting PR or he was enough of a threat to kill despite the claim. Can't remember if that's been said.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”