Micro 792: Three in One (Day 6)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 224, northsidegal wrote:you'll have to excuse me if i'm slightly skeptical of that.
I mean I understand being punished for a fuckup on my part, but you should also know what I'm referring to. I'm a bit overgamed.

I also don't just lie about where my reads come from as scum. You saw me justify my townread on you in RC's game. In this case, I think mixing up my games should be NAI.

Do you read my townread-followed-by-nulltownread as alignment-informed?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 225, Mathdino wrote:
In post 224, northsidegal wrote:you'll have to excuse me if i'm slightly skeptical of that.
I mean I understand being punished for a fuckup on my part, but you should also know what I'm referring to. I'm a bit overgamed.

I also don't just lie about where my reads come from as scum. You saw me justify my townread on you in RC's game. In this case, I think mixing up my games should be NAI.

Do you read my townread-followed-by-nulltownread as alignment-informed?
i can understand where your explanation is coming from but there's also a
very
plausible scenario in my head where it is an alignment-informed read.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 144, northsidegal wrote:i don't really like the idea of policy lynching just to set up for future games – it feels kind of weird, like playing towards a future wincondition or something. not even a future wincondition, but maybe even just sacrificing parts of this game to have a potentially better next game. i'd really rather just lynch scumreads.

doesn't it also assume that whoever we're policy lynching is on the losing team for this game?
In post 137, CheekyTeeky wrote:Yeah but he didn't say this specifically. What he said was scummy af. 1. He used rolling town as a reason. 2. He want's you lynched before LYLO which could mean you're not one of the first two people lynched who would be knocked out.
what do you mean by 2? i don't really get what you're saying here.
Why doesn't scum-me just make up a justification with this post? Or saying "I'm sheeping CT on this"?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

me asking in the first place obviously shows that i'm skeptical in some matter about the read – if the read was fake in the first place, making up some fake reason for it would only dig yourself deeper into a hole. i mean, do you need to sheep ct on a read on me? that would read as fake as well.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

oh wait, you meant with regards to that post specifically there. the same reasoning still applies actually, i think.

things fall apart
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Eh, I think it would be perfectly within my meta to fake-sheep townreads on other people, considering that's a major reason I refused to lynch CT in Be Yourself (thanks RC). But yadda yadda self-meta.

I guess what I'm saying is, wouldn't faking a "oh fuck I mixed up my games" excuse dig myself into an EVEN DEEPER hole? You would get it (presumably), but other people could easily go "yeah I don't buy this bullshit".
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

NSG back to null :/ SS can be town.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Bambietta Basterbine »

I've literally mistaken identities and nightkills before. It's nothing to be ashamed of.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 230, Mathdino wrote:Eh, I think it would be perfectly within my meta to fake-sheep townreads on other people, considering that's a major reason I refused to lynch CT in Be Yourself (thanks RC). But yadda yadda self-meta.

I guess what I'm saying is, wouldn't faking a "oh fuck I mixed up my games" excuse dig myself into an EVEN DEEPER hole? You would get it (presumably), but other people could easily go "yeah I don't buy this bullshit".
not on me, i would think. like, don't you sheep people because you can't get a read somewhere yourself? i wouldn't really believe that reasoning.
In post 231, CheekyTeeky wrote:NSG back to null :/ SS can be town.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
what dropped me down, and what raised smart up?

things fall apart
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Math stop being weird. You feel overly self-explanatory and lacking in explaining others.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 233, northsidegal wrote:what dropped me down, and what raised smart up?
Content. Smart feels natural/not agenda driven. I didn't like your skepticism of Math's town read on you and didn't understand your line of questionning on him. Yes me not understanding is not your fault but it subtly pinged me because you're usually pretty concise.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Hey Cheeky, can you go skim NSG's early ISO in RC's Anything uPick? She did a very similar line of questioning there.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

So..Math is all about setup spec, meta, and PLs against game rules? Don't play the game!

VOTE: Math

P-sure this needs to go. Might re-eval in the morning after the beer.
<(") | (")>
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I think it's too early to figure out if Math is town weird or scum weird this early in the game with confidence. Voting him and adding additional pressure is probably only going to make him more defensive and non-scumhunty at this point.

Math I'm not going to get drawn into meta based on one game where she was 3p. Can you update your readslist please?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Math is being PL'd, oh how the tables have turned
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 203, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 193, Mathdino wrote:
In post 189, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 180, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 174, Mathdino wrote:PoE
This would also be nice to explain given your last "read list" was all scum reads.
Would still like your answer to this.
That was a meme reads list specifically to not give Bambi something to sheep. I was half making fun of what other people get scumread for (Gamma, Smart, NSG) and half making fun of my own gut reactions to people's posts (CT, you).

Bambi and N_M are presently unreadable and are already fully in my lynchpool. If I'm to actually push people for reasons:

NSG is town.
CT reads very light town.
Gamma can nulltown.

Smart is null.
You I lightly scumread.

So if I'm supposed to actually play the game as opposed to policysmiting people I don't wanna play with, my vote's on you.
PARSING ERROR DETECTED, MUST ABORT
Nevermind just remembered this. Penguin you may be cute but your misrepping is not going unnoticed.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@Penguin: If you think what I'm doing is against the rules, you should take it up with the mod.

As of yet, you haven't explained your issue with any of these 3 things.

Hating meta is ridiculous. I have a fairly high rate of reading NSG off meta, and we were Team Mafia teammates, which has to count for something.

I've literally offered to write you a Python program proving my setup spec is optimal for town, but you don't want to talk about that.

And you can go ahead and take it up with the mod, because policy lynching is in no way against any mafia rules, and
towns provably win more the earlier that Bambi is lynched
. THAT one I have stats on. Do you want those?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ok I've solved it Penguin/NM scumteam GG.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 241, Mathdino wrote:@Penguin: If you think what I'm doing is against the rules, you should take it up with the mod.
In post 1, Errantparabola wrote:- Play to your win condition. In this situation you should always be looking to win each game. For example, if you win two games, it will be treated as doing better than someone who won one game.
In post 22, Mathdino wrote:Also, unless we want to spend 3 different games arguing about Not_Mafia and Bambi and how to read them (combined with the fact that Bambi provably increases mafia winrate and Not_Mafia's reads are essentially = random), we should policy lynch one of them today or tomorrow just in case town loses.
In post 121, Mathdino wrote:i am more likely to roll town than scum in both future games

bambietta's presence reduces my likely winrate

thus if we're going to lynch bambi at all it needs to be before lylo
In post 123, Mathdino wrote:i mean there's also the fact that town is less likely to win this game with bambi around but that's beside the point

like in a normal 9p i'd also be advocating for policy lynching bambi/N_M but less so
In post 142, Mathdino wrote:if you expect me to play solely this game when there are explicitly 3 games in the mix...
In post 147, Mathdino wrote:policy lynches are justifiable in any context, they just happen to be even better in this setup
It's the mod's decision...i'm just a player here.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 242, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok I've solved it Penguin/NM scumteam GG.
At this point, I'm cool to be associated with NM...he's prob town.
<(") | (")>
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 238, CheekyTeeky wrote:I think it's too early to figure out if Math is town weird or scum weird this early in the game with confidence. Voting him and adding additional pressure is probably only going to make him more defensive and non-scumhunty at this point.

Math I'm not going to get drawn into meta based on one game where she was 3p. Can you update your readslist please?
In RC's Anything uPick, I was scum and she was town. I hard-defended her mid-D1, which she got mad skeptical of. I also tried to hard-townread her in Creature's micro. So NSG has a history of suspecting my early townreads of her when she feels it's unjustified.

In this case, nothing about her first 6 posts actually indicates town-NSG, and I think NSG is aware of that. So yeah, if I did seriously townread her based off that, it would be inconsistent with my ability to read her.

Reads list in a sec.

@Not_Mafia: There's almost always "that one player" that tries to lynch me off basically policy reasons. I didn't expect it to be a listmod trying to PL me for rulebreaking instead of doing a sensible thing like talking to the mod about it to get me replaced, but so it goes.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 241, Mathdino wrote:Hating meta is ridiculous. I have a fairly high rate of reading NSG off meta, and we were Team Mafia teammates, which has to count for something.
I don't hate meta...not a fan of your combination though.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

You think I'm trying to PL you? Really?
<(") | (")>
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 244, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 242, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok I've solved it Penguin/NM scumteam GG.
At this point, I'm cool to be associated with NM...he's prob town.
Damn there goes my theory. Why NM town? He seems a little stiff to me this game.
Bambietta Basterbine
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Bambietta Basterbine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Bambietta Basterbine »

NotMaf seems the same as ever. Like a piece of cow dung.

Dino, if you want the point clear, you do realize I was the one who continuously said the longer I'm alive the worse it is for town? Doesn't really go as a statistic but a statement from me. I'm trying to get better though. Lynching me just keeps that bad habit going.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”