GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Post by GreyICE »

After that response Prism, I'm hyper fine getting lynched tomorrow if COA flips town. That was 100% scum, and I'll bet anything on it.

Are you okay getting lynched if he flips scum?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 626, implosion wrote:Yeah that stefan case is actually pretty good. I think is the thing I was initially townreading him for, mostly off tone. But looking at it more closely it's the kind of thing that can be genuine from scum who has no idea how to react to the flavor wagon.

I feel like there might have been more. But yeah I'm rereading his stuff and his opening post feels bleh and his initial nullread on flavor is bleh and there's not a whole lot there.

VOTE: StefanB
It's not, at all, and this jumpon is terrible. Maybe his interpretation is different given our opposing viewpoints on Flavor (I'm neutral, but really hate his reasoning for Flavor and think it's circular).
In post 628, implosion wrote:But yeah I'm happy to go in the stefan direction now. I'd still be fine with hoopla. Flavor's reaction to the stefan case throws me for a little bit of a loop. I don't think he'd do that if stefan is scum with him, but I also don't think he'd go out of his way to defend stefan-town if he's scum. I especially don't think he makes that post if they're both scum, but that's sort of conjecture about his meta and I'm sure he'll say that he would.
This doesn't make sense to me. Your entire point about Flavor was that he does counterintuitive, whacky shit as scum too (although I'm still unclear as to your motivation for
why
he was this game, given that you said he did as town too). Defending Stefan town-and Flavor is calling a lot of people town-seems to fall under that umbrella and it's not at all clear how you're choosing which ones are and aren't more likely. Again, maybe this is coming from a place of a Stefan-scumread, but I feel like this Flavor read in general is unnatural.

On another note I say all of this in reaction to the case+Stefan's posts at the time but page 26 is a trainwreck.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 825, GreyICE wrote:After that response Prism,
I'm hyper fine getting lynched tomorrow if COA flips town.
That was 100% scum, and I'll bet anything on it.
I doubt it.

I feel like you know what a mislynch is worth and this bravado is forced. I don't know if I'd go as far to say inspired by my play from Miss List but you definitely realize the value of a bluff and I don't think this is genuine.
In post 825, GreyICE wrote:Are you okay getting lynched if he flips scum?
Nope. I'll probably try and collect credit if they flip scum actually given my first instinct/trying to snuff out more, even if it turned out to be incorrect. If I oppose a scumlynch though I oppose a scumlynch.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 689, GreyICE wrote:You know Flavor, you keep pushing that bandwagon. "Suboptimally". A way to buddy me, while discrediting me. My reads are excellent, and I have a long history of pushing wagons through to the end.

What you have done here, Flavor, is made it obvious to more people than me what your alignment is when Stefan flips scum. That's your actual mistake. See, I know you're scumbuddies, but you can just shoot me - I'm used to it, I get shot N1 or N2 as often as Magna does. But here, you've tied yourself to Stefan in an overwhelmingly obvious way, by trying to lead the counterwagon to save him (while insisting that the counterwagon doesn't exist!). That was "suboptimal".
I'm going back and forth on this one, this is a pretty blatant bluff. Motivation as town is to get a reaction, motivation as scum is to force through a mislynch/flex how town he is. Feel in the end it's probably null, I feel it was easier to see where he was coming from during Miss List but I was in a privileged position there. Not the biggest fan of this playstyle.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Post by Prism »

All of Page 29 is giving me The Mod is Mafia vibes where I just grilled Mulch alive for falsifying meta and hypershoved him with it into an easy mislynch. (Mental note that this reminds me that someone did something that reminded me of scumNacho in Buttersnap but I forgot about it, should revisit)

This is pretty spammy in general so sorry for that.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by Prism »

Yeah I feel really comfortable with Cheetory town right now after reading his interactions with Grey
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 766, GreyICE wrote:Okay, fuck it. If I were to write a textbook on lurker scum it'd probably look like this. At least Stefan is trying, and I respect that.

Vote: CultofAthena
This is disgusting. Stefan was your "good read" and you literally said that in your post before.

You literally said "Oh this isn't that reliable, I mislynch with it often,
I should go with my actual, quality scumread
" ...And then you immediately flipped to a lurker. Please enlighten me.
In post 795, implosion wrote:i'm tempted to just hammer. I'm so bored with this day. I just want a flip. I don't think cult flips scum though.
This is bullshit. Pure posturing that works to avoid being on the mislynch if CoA is town and to give the view of indifference to her lynch if she's scum. Nothing about this makes me think you actually "just want a flip because you're tired"

I hate "Oh I'm tempted to just..." posts in general that describe an intent you have no intention of following through.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 803, GreyICE wrote:Fine, whatever Magna. I probably owe you this, and it's still a good lynch.

Vote: Flavor
In post 805, GreyICE wrote:Oh right, like 90%

Vote: Cult
Cult is already your compromise lynch. Your strong read is Stefan. The fact that the three posts took place in <1 minute gives me 0 confidence in there being real cognition here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by Prism »

CoA you either need to fucking get in here or replaceout. I realize I'm not one to talk but if you don't get your ass moving and give actual reads right the fuck now you're going to get lynched, period, and as much as I want to save you and go on Implosion I probably can't.

If you're town play the game, don't count on other people dragging you to the finish line while you sit on V/LA.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Post by Prism »

Lynch preference right now is Grey>Implosion>MoI>No idea. Fact that 3 decent players are at the top is pretty awful for our prospects.

Townreads go to Cheet and provisionally Gamma. Still confident in meta but the wagon hopping means I should probably just bite the bullet, stop dodging it, and skim a more recent scumgame.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

VOTE: Cult

You had to your chance. There is no "Maybe I'll get around to claiming Sunday" when two people have already expressed interest in hammering.

Insert DGB quote here.

Now this is the second time you've been called me scum and just left it there limply. Town Grey was never quiet about calling for my head Day 1 when he thought I was scum (and was wrong pretty much every time ... Survivors don't count). Yeah if we both are alive tomorrow we will settle this as I can't ignore the gut scum-read I've been keeping to myself on you.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by StefanB »

Prism is town, to state the obvious.
This posts feel town, and she is making good points.
Also completly consistant with her townmeta from Mini Normal 1988, where she did the same think.
P-edit: Was that a hammer?

If not give me an hour re GreyIce I want to get something out.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 835, MagnaofIllusion wrote:VOTE: Cult

You had to your chance. There is no "Maybe I'll get around to claiming Sunday" when two people have already expressed interest in hammering.

Insert DGB quote here.

Now this is the second time you've been called me scum and just left it there limply. Town Grey was never quiet about calling for my head Day 1 when he thought I was scum (and was wrong pretty much every time ... Survivors don't count). Yeah if we both are alive tomorrow we will settle this as I can't ignore the gut scum-read I've been keeping to myself on you.
Man, I've got this gut Grey scumread that I'm not shaking. He just doesn't feel right, this isn't the town Grey I'd expect.

hammers who Grey is hardshoving

I get that maybe this is a way to get a read on Grey but the "Sorry, no Sunday, bye" really obscures that intent if it's there. The "If we're both alive we can settle it" really doesn't seem overtly concerned with what CoA flips in relation to Grey at all.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:46 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 836, StefanB wrote:Prism is town, to state the obvious.
This posts feel town, and she is making good points.
Also completly consistant with her townmeta from Mini Normal 1988, where she did the same think.
P-edit: Was that a hammer?

If not give me an hour re GreyIce I want to get something out.
You read my posts, thought I made good points (presumably against Grey/Imp), but kept your vote anyway. You had a P-Edit, you were here before Magna hammered.

I don't think you're scum, but like, you had a clear path to preventing this and didn't take it. I don't know what you expected.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by StefanB »

I didn't exspect MoI to hammer, at the moment. Him I exspected exspecially to think about Greys posts.
It wasn't a pre-edit, that the post was complet, and posted.
I was wrighting about Grey, wanted to look somethink up, and saw MoIs post, deleted what I wrote about Grey, since it was half-ready and posted in the hope I misremembered where the votes stand, and I had time.
You are right I could have unvoted and didn't take the risk that the hammer happened while I was wrighting into enough account.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:05 am

Post by Prism »

I actually don't know if I'd like MoI's post more if it was overtly concerned with Grey in relation to CoA's flip so I take that last part of 837 back. I just don't think I like MoI in general.

Cheet is likely town, Gamma probably is too, Grey/MoI/Implosion probably aren't all scum but all need to go. Hoopla in general isn't great and I think has been hypocritical at times but my gut says they're town (tonal, but recognize is likely playstyle). If I had to place a hardbet I'd go on Flavor+Stefan town and probably Hiraki. Erika/Saudade probably hold last by default.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 am

Post by StefanB »

This is now clearer, than it was before:

But Grey has the following scumreads before the cult-compromis:
Me and Flavor. (perhaps MoI)
So his not sheeping MoI to his own scumread because he believes MoI is scum, who wants to buss his buddy instead of lynching outside of it...
And that is a reason not to switch?
The attack on Prism doesn't make sense, if he does believe in his scumread, now he has 5 scum.
So either his 100%-scumread isn't serious, or him beeing on the cult-waggon is not.

Why do you hammer here, MoI?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:30 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 840, Prism wrote:I actually don't know if I'd like MoI's post more if it was overtly concerned with Grey in relation to CoA's flip so I take that last part of 837 back. I just don't think I like MoI in general.

Cheet is likely town, Gamma probably is too, Grey/MoI/Implosion probably aren't all scum but all need to go. Hoopla in general isn't great and I think has been hypocritical at times but my gut says they're town (tonal, but recognize is likely playstyle). If I had to place a hardbet I'd go on Flavor+Stefan town and probably Hiraki. Erika/Saudade probably hold last by default.
What Cult flips at this stage will give me pretty good input onto other players. Just because you don't get my process doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And tip - my gut Grey read is just that ... gut. I expect Town Grey who really thinks I'm scum to want my head for a trophy Day 1 to say "Haha I got Scum MoI". But I expect scum Grey to not have bothered with the shade throwing as he tends to just purely buddy me or not interact (Buffy Mafia, Defcon 4). In fact his whole Mason schtick was what set my radar early but I played along to see how long he'd go with it. He's playing in a zone between expectations and that means I need more to make a call.
In post 841, StefanB wrote: Why do you hammer here, MoI?
Speaking of not reading - I made it clear exactly why I hammered. Cult showed keen awareness that he was under L-1 pressure with all his commentary on the votes on him. Town Cult
SHOULD
have claimed to shut down the wagon if he had a PR. So either he's a VT or he's scum who is dragging out the process to make sure we scramble at the last minute when he gets back Sunday with a claim and little time to act on it.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:40 am

Post by StefanB »

I totally understand what you wrote there.
I know that Cults post screams VT or scum.
My post was Greys post was a red flag and in your stead I would be much less willing to let this go into night, than you are.
But okay I am more relucant with hammers than most other people.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:41 am

Post by StefanB »

read point instead of post.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:09 am

Post by Hoopla »

*gloomily chalks another line in the no-claiming lynch tally etched on my wall prison-style*

For real tho, as far as D1 lynches on unclaimed players I guess this was one of the better ones. Good chance of lurker scum and CoA really should have claimed if she had a confirmable town role.

In general, lurkers are high up in my criteria for D1 policy lynches, so I'm not super mad.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:21 am

Post by StefanB »

That come off quite creepy, but one good rule is if you are at L-1, do somethink do not go VLA.
No one wants to wait 2 days.
Lurkers are allways a lynch that should be in the bag of the mind.

In other news, hello new person, who just replace in (the mod mentioned it)
New person and Grey are the 2 reasons that I would have personally wait with the lynch.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:23 am

Post by StefanB »

of topic question for Hoopla:
Since you have so much data.
A situation that has recently happened in another game.
3-personlylo ending in a no-lynch? Please tell me that is super-rare at last.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:39 am

Post by Hoopla »

I don't know, but probably extremely rare outside of 1:1:1 kingmaker situations.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:19 am

Post by Hiraki »

I don't agree with this.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”