Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:28 am

Post by Hopkirk »

oops
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:28 am

Post by Gorkington »

@chara
, can you walk me through grey is one of your top townreads like im dumb?
trash
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:29 am

Post by Hopkirk »

that was for another game
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Ausuka »

IDK about thor, I'm not good at reading players like him, but I don't think he's been scummy, and I think I remember reading that he was playing to his town meta, so I wouldn't be comfortable lynching thor today. Nero is towny, the arrogance (maybe this isn't the best word to describe what he's been doing, but I don't know what to say instead) and aggressiveness feels like town!nero. I would lynch pan before greyice.
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1797, Hopkirk wrote:Can you give me an outside perspective on Thor (Nero preferably)?
I've been skimming him, I'll iso in a bit.

vote Grey with me plox.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

VOTE: Greyice
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Ausuka »

wait, I thought that post was asking me to give reads on thor and nero, since I was the last one who posted. sorry if I interpreted that wrong.
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1794, Tchill13 wrote:I'm not understanding the 2nd question? Does me pointing that out take away it's relevance? Maybe but I doubt scum is afraid of my opinion atm or even bothered with it at all. I highly doubt that statement keeps scum from doing that.
Yeah if scum know that that is something you're paying attention to wouldn't that already make that information useless because they know to be wary of it?

I just see that post as way more beneficial for scum than for town: Town would probably keep that quiet and actually see if anything interesting comes from it and announcing it completely defeats the purpose. Scum would say something like that to make it look like they're doing something when they're actually not.

Also please answer this:
In post 1772, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1684, Tchill13 wrote:i like centipede. i'll be using his reads as a basis and i'll be going back to make sure there's valid reasoning behind the reads.
Hi, you previously hopped on a cent wagon with no reasoning and now you seem to town read them enough to use their reads as a baseline.

Can you explain why you initially thought Centipede was scummy and what made you change your mind?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Gorkington »

spiff can you expand on where your head is at right now wrt pan and grey?
trash
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I hopped on centi just to hop on centi. I usually play day 1s without much actual reasoning behind my moves. Just to see what happens kinda thing.

Centipede did a breakdown on reads and explained them in a manner I felt that he was town. So I started there.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Gorkington »

didnt you say that you thought centipede was genuinely scummy though?
trash
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ok what about the way they did that felt town to you? If possible please cite certain posts.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I'm sure I did. Idk why I did.

I agreed with the thought process. I'll have to go back and look.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:42 am

Post by Tchill13 »

You have to understand I was watching him talk about slots Ik little to nothing about. His CASES made sense.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Spiffeh »

What post are you referring to?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 1667, Centipede Syndrome wrote:i looked at chill. i don't really have much of an opinion there. personally he's on the townish side of null. and yes, he's so damn scummy and is doing absolutely nothing to rectify that, so the fact that there's a wagon on him doesn't surprise me at all. he could be scum, sure. he's not even here right now and said he's resetting, so am i supposed to interact with him? interact with the wagon? every vote on chill is justified because he's scummy, so there's nothing i find particularly interesting to look at.

and no, like i keep saying, Elli doesn't have time for this game for the rest of the day. he doesn't have an opinion.

pedit: well, meta isn't
that
reliable.
In post 1668, Centipede Syndrome wrote:to clarify with the above post, chill being objectively scummy and lynchable is different from my thinking he's nullish. knowing nothing at all about chill my first guess based on his hypocritical reaction to Toranaga would be townish.
Then I just went with his reads from one point. Yes he actually opens the door to the possibility I'm town and yes that's why I looked at his reads.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:02 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1808, Gorkington wrote:spiff can you expand on where your head is at right now wrt pan and grey?
GreyICE is just a bunch of different gut reasons that culminate into an overall town lean

I found the way in which he approached the criticisms people had about him not looking at his role PM to be town. I feel like he would be better off just letting Quick bury himself/spam the thread if he were scum, but he advocates for his policy lynch multiple times which not only brings a lot of attention to himself but matches the frustration he claimed to have had when everyone was spamming. I liked the way he approached Brigand Vvulf's Nero read to be because Brigand Vvulf was basically an enigma at that point and I feel that letting him continue to be unhelpful would have suited scum!GreyICE more than the potential credit he'd get for actually engaging with him.

It's not like any of this couldn't be faked by scum!GI, I just feel like it's not.

Pan I suspected earlier on mostly because I thought tn was actually Varsoon and I figured Varsoon would know better than to have Creature and Quick as scum reads. They also fit the "engaging with Quick unnecessarily" category which I'm sketched out by Ausura for but til that point tn had been consistently scum reading Quick so it makes more sense coming from him. I haven't paid much attention to them since because tn is a chronic quote-waller and I can't be bothered to recontextualize myself ten times in one post, and I haven't really read your ~case~ on them so I should probably take a look at their more recent posts after my class!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1815, Tchill13 wrote:Then I just went with his reads from one point. Yes he actually opens the door to the possibility I'm town and yes that's why I looked at his reads.
Ok, but I recall Centipede not explaining reads like at all (see: Maria) so I don't get what was so compelling about the way they 'explained' them when I don't even think any explanations exist?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 1673, Centipede Syndrome wrote:Quick: assuming Nero is town, from a scum Hopkirk pov i'd call it an attempt at buddying/getting Nero to ease up on the scumread. but it could also be a genuine opinion from town Hopkirk.
i mean, players are allowed to townread Nero for things besides meta. is it that the read is too early in general?

pedit: hahaha. i don't know why that post is so funny. i should really fill in the gaps of what i've read re: when Quick's read on Nero changed.
I like this too but it's after I started up again I do believe
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 am

Post by Gorkington »

vote: pan

obaby its time for a scum wagon.
trash
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Look. I sat down opened the game. Centi just posted reads. I isoed centi. Didn't seem stupid and had a reason for a thing or two I thought made sense so I just went with it.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Spiffeh »

UNVOTE:
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1776, Gorkington wrote:ii) "I've fully scumclaimed with gif related before, so, ah, I'm really feeling like there's scum between tortuga and nochill." - which basically means because tora posted a gif joking about scumclaiming, that means for some reason one of tchill and tora is scum? which really makes absolutely no sense.
spiff i honestly think this point alone is worth a pan wagon.

theres no reason he should be adding fuel onto tchill for this and it just doesnt seem like something that anyone would actually genuinely believe.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Gorkington »

actually i might be dumb, he might just be saying both are scum for different reasons.
context of previous post kind of makes that more likely.

his confidence level does not match his reasoning though.
>.>
trash
Brigand Vvulf
Brigand Vvulf
Goon
Brigand Vvulf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Brigand Vvulf »

In post 1790, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1777, Brigand Vvulf wrote:it seems like several people pointed out nero is town based on meta; meta is krap but due diligence gotta be paid i suppose
In post 1647, Centipede Syndrome wrote:Elli isn't a paragon nom because he uses a machine every single game. you realize that, right? if this wasn't an organic read he would have told me that.
VOTE: Maria
could it be... the alphaGO of mafia?

I, for one, welcome our new bot overlord
tbf, he is town through meta.
based on meta i'd say nero isn't as analytical as some of his town games, but he did start to give off town vibes since my push
In post 1526, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1525, Brigand Vvulf wrote:(the ausuka's creature townread should be fairly obvious so what are you even doing poking your nose there?)
I still have no fuck what the clue this is? Yes, Creature town read
WAS
obvious. That's why it was a little :igmeou: that Tor was giving Asuka flak for town reading Creature so early. Like are you just coming to your friend's defense here b/c I don't think you really get it?
i dont even know tora lol i found him pretty transparently towny so that automatically creates bias for me when im reading your back and forth, if that makes sense to you

tchill seems pretty town since he came back

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”