Everyone is a Serial Killer X! (Game Over)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:27 am

Post by the worst »

Yellow imo but they are ALL great.

You?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:30 am

Post by TesXX »

Depends on the time. If I had to pick one I'd say orange.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:37 am

Post by the worst »

Orange is rarely my fave but ALWAYS in the top 3. :D
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 220, TesXX wrote:Jingle and random pls answer my question it's vry important
Ah. You think I'm going to support a schism and build a new team. That's a faulty assumption and therefore your question is irrelevant. On the other hand, I don't particularly mind answering given the irrelevancy of the topic, so skittles are marginally better but candy itself just isn't my cup of tea. I much prefer fruit.

First thing's first, I didn't follow the worst's plan yesterday, but I did so in a way designed to benefit the group.

A circle protect means we all have one protect. If the two outside our group had cross protected, then EVERYONE would be at 1 protect and thus have a supercharged kill, meaning 1-2 of our members should have died.

Instead, I protected the worst, because I thought he was the most likely NK target for both of the outsiders. The worst had the superkill, and no one should have been able to guess that there was an unprotected member of the group. It paid off.

I considered posting all of this yesterday and proposing a plan to counter the issue, but I realized there was a better EV if only one person didn't follow the plan and if no one else brought it up there was a good chance no one else realized the problem.

From there, we need to look at the 3 possibilities from this point:

1: We arrive at the prisoner's dilemma. My entire goal up to this point has been to establish a level of trust between our team so that we can have a reasonable chance of winning a prisoner's dilemma with each other. Remember, the choice isn't whether you win or lose, but rather if the other half of your pair wins or loses. And I think at this point there is enough camaraderie that we can trust each other to have a mutual truce decision.

2: We randomly arrive at a circle kill. This is easily the best result for the most people, in that we have a chance (albeit a small one) of the entire Team Cyclops each choosing a different other member of Team Cyclops to kill. In this case, PF may give us all the joint win, like he did in the first iteration of Everyone's an SK. This is my preferred outcome, and the goal of my plan. Note, the big problem with this is that any attempt to coordinate kills for this end will result in us all dying and losing as a breach of the rules.

3: We arrive at the final three. Of course, here, someone has the chance to choose to die to allow the prisoner's dilemma, but that's stupid. Instead, anyone in this situation should no lynch and kill randomly. Any attempt to lynch one of the three will likely backfire by making the prisoner's dilemma unwinnable for Team Cyclops. Any attempt at kill coordination leads to the same place.

Okay, so the plan.

THE PLAN!To maximize the chances of a perfect Team Cyclops victory, we should protect in the circle the worst suggested yesterday. This plan supercharges every kill, meaning that none of the protects will matter and every kill made WILL go through. Anything else, and a random everyone dies becomes impossible. Everyone should choose their kill independently, whether by rolling dice or not. We should not discuss those decisions in thread to prevent any accidental kill organization, but it's entirely up to you how you determine who to shoot. If everyone dies, we have a legitimate chance of having EVERY TEAM CYCLOPS MEMBER SHARE THE WIN EQUALLY, which I believe to be a glorious outcome deserving of this mighty game. If not, then the pool of people alive will decrease, making such a feat more likely every night for the remainder of the game. This maximizes everyone's chances of winning.

Random's lynch strategy not only immediately precludes every one of us winning, but just creates a chance wherein we don't trust each other and cannot win the Prisoner's Dilemma, and creating a schism presents the same issue if there isn't a clear winner of the schism, an unlikely prospect with the low numbers teams are likely to have.

Besides, think of the glory if it works!
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Jingle »

Basically, I'm arguing that we should all be playing for personal victory at this point, and that attempting to share the victory is the most likely method of personally winning for each individual player.
This is a Parachute.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 228, Jingle wrote:First thing's first, I didn't follow the worst's plan yesterday, but I did so in a way designed to benefit the group.

A circle protect means we all have one protect. If the two outside our group had cross protected, then EVERYONE would be at 1 protect and thus have a supercharged kill, meaning 1-2 of our members should have died.

Instead, I protected the worst, because I thought he was the most likely NK target for both of the outsiders. The worst had the superkill, and no one should have been able to guess that there was an unprotected member of the group. It paid off.
I love you for this.

The circle protect was a fear thing, it forced them to collaborate if they wanted a single kill. I hoped to bait Ico/IPS kills myself and kept referring to the crit/no. of protects+kills in the hope someone would realise.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 228, Jingle wrote:THE PLAN!
To maximize the chances of a perfect Team Cyclops victory, we should protect in the circle the worst suggested yesterday. This plan supercharges every kill, meaning that none of the protects will matter and every kill made WILL go through. Anything else, and a random everyone dies becomes impossible. Everyone should choose their kill independently, whether by rolling dice or not. We should not discuss those decisions in thread to prevent any accidental kill organization, but it's entirely up to you how you determine who to shoot. If everyone dies, we have a legitimate chance of having EVERY TEAM CYCLOPS MEMBER SHARE THE WIN EQUALLY, which I believe to be a glorious outcome deserving of this mighty game. If not, then the pool of people alive will decrease, making such a feat more likely every night for the remainder of the game. This maximizes everyone's chances of winning.
So to clarify: circle protect & random kill (if Poker is ok with that)? Preplanned circle kills are no good.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Jingle »

Yuppers. My goal is to win, but my secondary goal is to have as many members of Team Cyclops win with me. And playing towards the second in no way makes the first less likely.
This is a Parachute.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm happy with whoever wins. I just really wanted to play this so I'm happy with whoever wins now. :]
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Day 2

00. No lynch (1) - Jingle

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. TheBrie (0) -
06. TesXX (0) -

Its 4 to lynch

Not voting - Selynee, randomidget, the worst, TheBrie, TesXX

Phase deadline in: (expired on 2018-04-27 06:50:00)
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by TesXX »

I'll read jingles post tomorrow. I read the beginning and it makes sense what he did.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: no lunch
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by Jingle »

There's no such thing as a no lunch. :P
This is a Parachute.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by the worst »

I am so hungry >':
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Post by TheBrie »

The whole super kill thing went entirely over my head. I forgot it existed. I'll agree to the plan.

VOTE: Lynch: No
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 pm

Post by the worst »

That's cool. Basically I woulda been fine with dying last night :lol:
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

This post is to confirm I have read the thread and see no current rules violations

This post is also to confirm I see no reason to give out warnings regarding potential future rules violations
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:27 am

Post by Jingle »

^confirmed, PF plans to break rules. Bastard game.
This is a Parachute.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Selynee »

OK.

Vote: No Lynch
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm guessing Jingle is trying to make a joke. All I am doing is saying I currently don't see any deliberate/organized circle kill plan.

Day 2

00. No lynch (4) - Jingle, the worst, TheBrie, Selynee

01. Jingle (0) -
02. Selynee (0) -
03. randomidget (0) -
04. the worst (0) -
05. TheBrie (0) -
06. TesXX (0) -

Its 4 to lynch

Not voting - randomidget, TesXX

Day 2 ends in a no lynch. I have a pretty busy schedule on this coming Sunday so I may have to end the night late or end it early assuming I get all actions in time. By early I mean only about 45 minutes at most.

Phase deadline in: (expired on 2018-04-22 14:45:00)
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 244, PokerFace wrote:I'm guessing Jingle is
trying
failing to make a joke.
FTFY
This is a Parachute.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:17 am

Post by TesXX »

So is this just a Jesus take the gun scenario?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:22 am

Post by the worst »

I guess we just protect in the same order as yday and 1d6 it? :lol:
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Ok hear me out here i much prefer chocolate to sweets therefore m&ms are better. However skittles are a better sweet than m&ms are a chocolate
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:04 am

Post by the worst »

*whispers*
so...we kill random....