Micro 798 - Splatoon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Vartsun »

YEAH IT'S ALMOST LIKE I TOWNREAD MYLO AND I THINK THEY'RE A BAD LYNCH AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND A LOT OF PEOPLE'S RATIONALE FOR VOTING THERE
anyway
In post 261, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 6, Vartsun wrote:It also bugs me a good deal that this game does not crib any mechanics from Cheetory's Paint Mafia games, as I thought it'd be an excellent theme to do so in.
I guess we can't all be winners, Gamma.

-V
What did you mean by this, Vartsun? How do you know the game doesn't crib any mechanics from Paint Mafia?

@Mod This game isn't an open setup, is it?

This game is closed.
Cheetory's Paint Mafia games all had a public mechanic wherein every player could be 'painted' different colors with each team having inherit colors (red and blue).
Since Splatoon is a game in which the goal is to paint as much of the arena as you can in your team's colors, I was a bit surprised that there was no public mechanic that emulated that aspect of the flavor given there's precedence for paint-related mechanics on-site.
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 125, Ausuka wrote:
In post 121, Vartsun wrote:@Ausuka: I wish you could explain it better.
Who do you think is scum, at this point, and why?
I think myloninja is scum. It feels like he's been picking on easy targets in , saying that the active players are townies and those who haven't posted as much (and are less able to defend themselves) are scum. This is made even worse by the fact that, despite his criticism of brassherald and Voyc for not posting much, he has been lurking more than anyone else so far.

I think you're scum as well, because I feel like your push on me was very strong for weak reasons. The fact that you accused me of trying to push through a lynch on page 2, and trying to discourage activity, is scummy to me; I don't think scum actually does these things, and you accusing me of doing so this early feels far-fetched to me. You've also pretty consistently pushed me as scum for putting you at L-2 early on; and I have never understood that play, either. It feels more like a fabrication of a case than a real one.
yeah maybe this can be a wolf
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 142, Voyc wrote:
In post 94, Vartsun wrote: How do you feel about
skitter
?
I'm pretty unsure about Skitter, something's bothering me, but I'm not sure what it is
I can also see where her posts could be coming from as town though
Basically, I'm really not sure, a scumlean on her would be more a "if I absolutely had to say one or the other" one
In post 137, Lycanfire wrote: I have a pretty clear TR on Skitter just from the pointed questions she's been asking ("why brass over voyc?"). The worst thing she's possibly done is never interact with Ausuka while using one of their quotes as a defense. I noted in the Team Mafia tiebreaker that Leonshade whiteknighting GIF to his buddy was a safe play, which somehow turned into a blind TR of his buddy later on for no reason. Don't ask how we lost the tiebreaker. I suppose what I'm trying to say is this isn't super wolfy, but if Skitter is a wolf, Ausuka is a villager.

I'm really not getting how youre getting that association between Skitter and Ausuka?? Could you explain that again?
Also, would it be the same vice versa? If Ausuka is scum, Skitter is town?

Doomfeathers is seemingly suspicious of everything. Wanton suspicion is townie, but it's a house of cards deal. If you have so many concurrent thoughts how are you able to rationalize them all at the same time? At some point you have to make assumptions. Even uncomfortable ones. If the disparity is so great, it's absolutely expected to lash out at the people causing you dissonance and 'correct' what is wrong. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I'd expect more questions and a lot more sense. I want a dancing bear, not a juggler.
Who/what are you expecting this from?
A town player? Doom? If you're expecting a "dancing bear" from Doom, based on what?
this can be v i think
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 248, Vartsun wrote:I think they do.
you do?

b/c I think there's a huge difference in "I don't like this wagon b/c I disagree with the case" and "this wagon popped up out of nowhere and I don't like it."

All wagons have to start somewhere so...like if you want to argue that there's scum that was sheeping a bad case that's fine but I don't think you made that argument and if you did it got lost in your sea of walls.

Now true, you did say
In post 241, Vartsun wrote:I don't trust meta reads... almost ever, and I don't feel inclined to follow someone on a meta-read who hasn't really explained it.
in response to my criticism but that's very much in conflict with your original post about not liking the wagon b/c it popped up.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

yeah i like stopped reading page 9
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

Voyc v
Lycanfire can be v for now
doomfeathers
Myloninja13 v
Human Sequencer
skitter30 v
Ausuka
brassherald v
Vartsun

where i'm at

thinking there's one wolf in Ausuka/Vartsun. doomfeathers looked surface towny but gives me gut pings. if there's a wolf in my villager reads it's lycanfire or voyc
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

so basically dredd's entire iso is just talking about how the wagon thing doesn't make ausuka town

i'm feeling there as the lynch

VOTE: dredd
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 229, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:Now, can somebody tell me again why Voyc is town precisely because she had 3 votes on her?
In post 208, Vartsun wrote:@Doom: I don't see scum-Voyc put at L-2 with almost no resistance and Voyc just kind of shrugging it off as likely as it is that scum threw momentum behind it and then backed off.
Doesn't ensure Voyc as town or anything,
but I also don't really see much scum agenda behind Voyc's votes (or lack thereof) either. Voyc just doesn't seem to be exerting a lot of influence over the game, imo, and I tend to townread that more than scumread it.

-V
I think you're kinda misrepping Varsoon a bit tbh.

--
In post 235, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:So, I do not know what X' alignment is, not do I know the alignments of their voters, so it's NAI for now.
I think it's defintiely possible to get reads from the gamestate or how wagons formed without directly reading the actual player or knowing the alignment of said player. Like sometimes I get reads on slots from how *everyone else* is intereacting with the slot, instead of from what the slot actually did.

Like I don't think it's that unreasonable to have a read on a slot because of a wagon.

--
In post 242, Vartsun wrote:Out of 8 people; I'm only confident in maybe... 2 or 3 reads?
Which reads are you confidant on and why?
In post 242, Vartsun wrote:Taly Head Thoughts: Mylo's null to me; activity is not often AI, and his most notable thing is that his brass vote is still on.
That his brass vote is still on *even though he's townleaning brass*. He has like five posts in over a week and none of them have been particularly impressive.
In post 242, Vartsun wrote:I can't tell if this post was to breed apathy or take a lazy route in game solving.
I can kinda see scum finding an easy mislynch in town!vartsun by pushing it as policy tbh.

--
In post 248, Vartsun wrote:This quote embodies most of my problems with the playerlist right now.
I mean, your slot was kinda toxic and was largely directly responsible for 1/3 of the game repping out.

I get that there's two of you, and I like how *you* play, but like, I have to take both heads into account, and varsoon contributed to an unhealthy/toxic/hostile gamestate that made/is making this game kinda hard for people to play. And you don't seem to be around as often as varsoon is.

So, like, that's why people I think are focusing more on varsoon than you, and like, I get why you're annoyed, but I don't think it's unfair of everyone else to view your slot that way.
In post 248, Vartsun wrote:Want to know what happens when/if Varsoon/I gets PL'ed? We're going to flip town. Another townie's dying N1, and literally nobody's going to find much resolution in their reads at 7p left, presumably a 5-2 setting.
Yeah that's why I'm not really feeling a PL even though it would probably help the gamestate in at least the toxicity-sense. Not sure you're flipping scum and I feel like I can work with you (taly) and even though your slot was kinda toxic, it also has driven much of the game-content, and if you guys aren't here, I think there will be less content and the game will still be apathetic, albeit for different reasons.

More tomorrow at some point.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:34 am

Post by Vartsun »

This is me when I read Doomfeathers' recent posts. (, , )

The guy in this GIF is a metaphor for Varsoon seeing me regain a sense of reads within this game.

This is a prelude to a whole post where I'm trying not to lose my mind.

I'll get to it when... I can concisely formulate the thoughts of the other 5 things I want to respond to.

~ Taly
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

In post 249, Vartsun wrote:5) Judge, is it a protown thing to place someone to L-1 even if you're not scumreading them? How do you feel about the playerlist's vote pattern?
I don't think anyone reached L-1, but I may have missed it. And generally speaking it's not protown, especially early in the game when someone could lolhammer not realizing it's the hammer (or pretending not to realize it).

However, deeper into the game it could be a protown thing depending on the circumstaces and info available at the time.

I feel that your slot votes whoever votes them (give me a cookie for not using the term OMGUS) :P
I feel that Ausuka has been voting everywhere. Kinda reminds me of Radiant Cowbells.
I feel a few are being conservative with their votes but I can see why. I mean, I myself could be accused of that and it's because I am not confident in any of my reads and I don't want to accidentally draw out a claim from a PR when it's least needed. (Which brings us back to the 1st point of not putting people @L-1 too early in the game)
I AM THE LAW!
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:52 am

In post 270, Nero Cain wrote:I'd want to PL Ruby b/c calling ppl wolfy is annoying as fuck to me.
I'm opposed to PLs and especially so in a 9 players game. We only have 2 mislynches and I'm not going to waste one of them on someone I'm not SRing.
I AM THE LAW!
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Vartsun »

Also mod, to clear up; I unvoted Brassherald in

~

I'm purposely making this a separate post because
IT NEEDS TO BE.

In post 252, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 246, Voyc wrote:@Doom, about your vote on Vartsun on , could you point out which posts/logic you saw as shady on your review? You had been giving them some townpoints previously, so I'm curious as to what changed your mind then
I forget, but if I decide to make a case on Vartsun, I'll find them again and let you know.
FFS, we're less than 48 hours from a deadline, and you're continuing to push someone with low content, furthermore; I'm assuming you
STILL
scumread this slot? For reasons you haven't stated much at all? Please tell me I'm wrong.

The fact that you keep doing this thing where you vote someone, but continue to say things like
"this isn't my favorite lynch"
or
"I'll make a case here... maybe, when I want to"
is completely disingenuous.

And yes, I'm not using your exact words. Because your words and actions are not clear to me.

You say you want to push for discussion, but you're putting
"if"'s
in your statements, and how you're going to go about engaging with people. It's like you're waiting for a reaction or event to happen so you feel more dignified in making a stance.

If you have such an issue with our gameplay, don't fencesit while advocating for another lynch. :mad:

I see very little motive to gamesolve when I'm reading your posts.

~ Taly
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Vartsun »

Spoiler: Reply to Doomfeathers
In post 248, Vartsun wrote:
In post 245, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 241, Vartsun wrote:This doesn't feel natural to me, and unless I get an explanation, then I feel like out of the multiple wagons so far; there's likely scum there, or at least,
Voyc
is town.

There was almost no defense here for the wagon.
It was a pressure wagon, at least from what I saw. Problem?
That's not what I gathered from and in terms of a whole wagon.

If you guys were pressure-wagoning her, why were you and
Brass
placing her in your lynchpool?
In case she didn't respond satisfactorily, same as Lycanfire. She got in the lynchpool by not posting. She got back out by posting.
And what constitutes as not responding satisfactorily?

I'm guessing you were baiting them with your vote? Not because of a scumread? In my eyes, putting someone in a lynchpool and just voting someone to gauge their motives and make a wagon are not the same thing.
I'm not saying more information is bad. But it doesn't make sense to have your attention jump constantly.
No, it doesn't. So you pick a few things that stand out to you and focus on them. You don't have to analyze the entire game.
I'm sorry, but who has the luxury to cherry pick who they want to focus on and analyze reasons to wagon?

Not town.
Also, I'd love to see your magical solution of seeing through WIFOM. :roll: If there's any WIFOM you've already detected, maybe you should tell me.
I didn't say "see through"; I said "see past". Don't try to analyze WIFOM. Just look elsewhere. That's pretty much what I did with Ausuka vs. you.
So you think the whole point of Ausuka-Vartsun 1v1 was to cause WIFOM and not gamesolve?

And you didn't come to any conclusions? Because you're not saying that you're analyzing interactions here. You're telling me that you're deliberately focusing on something else.
1)
You seem completely satisfied that someone, who I don't understand how you're reading anymore, has no believed impact on the game. You're both apathetic to us being lynched, and not receptive to our statements.
Wot, you have a wagon? I think there's a VC coming up soon; I'll see then.
As far as I'm concerned, whether people listen to you is your problem. It is your job to gain people's respect and convince them your opinions are worth hearing. If your partner spoils that for you, you have my sympathies, but I'm not sure why you expect me to yell at everybody to pay attention to you when I don't even strongly townread you. Am I understanding you correctly?
HOW DOES TOWN THINK LIKE THIS?

Thanks for minimizing
Varsoon's
opinions while dismissing me entirely. :igmeou:
2)
And yes, I'm saying us as in
Varsoon/I
BECAUSE WE'RE A HYDRA
. We function more closely as one person than two. While you're discrediting
Varsoon
with this statement, you're ignoring any weight I've staked in this game. This is blatantly anti-town.

3)
What makes this worse is, this is literally what I've gathered in half of the playerlist's view toward us is. Which does not serve anything but to create dichotomies and unfairly undermine thoughts.
For the record, I read and analyze everything you (Vartsun) write. I may ignore arguments, but I don't ignore players.
Really? I think you got it backwards.

If you didn't ignore players, then why are you still complacent with a PL on
Vartsun
? :igmeou:

I just feel like you're responding to me just to respond, honestly.

Also, if you analyzed everything
TWO SEPARATE PEOPLE WROTE
; then why aren't you looking at us both as individuals
AND
a duo?

Another thing here is, why would you ignore arguments or players in the first place? You're admitting to doing something like this - which should notably be antitown - but I don't think you're towny for pointing it own in yourself.
In post 245, doomfeathers wrote:
Taly wrote:
doomfeathers wrote:Misrep? Good grief, I am sick of hearing that word. Anybody up for lynching Vartsun and getting it over with?
This, right here, is why I'm questioning my earlier townread on
doomfeathers

I can't tell if this post was to breed apathy or take a lazy route in game solving. :igmeou:
That's my salt at everybody leaving the game instead of policy-lynching your slot (no offense to you personally).
I don't get the purpose of a policy lynch in general, and I don't know how autolynching us without taking an in depth look at our motives and reasons in this game are sensible.

Want to know what happens when/if Varsoon/I gets PL'ed? We're going to flip town. Another townie's dying N1, and literally nobody's going to find much resolution in their reads at 7p left, presumably a 5-2 setting.

Not good for the town.
It would have saved ruining the game for about four different players, I think. And you have yet to convince me you'd flip town.
:igmeou: Look at the playerlist.

Does it look like anyone's leaving now?

Ugh. I don't see any consistency in your thoughts here.
I'm not sure why you think
Mylo's
reads are fabricated?
Because I've done it myself as scum, and this looks just like it.

Quote for analysis of Mylo's reads post:
In post 200, Myloninja13 wrote:Ausuka is a solid town read for me, just consistent strong play.
Vartsun is the player with the most posts, which means he gets some points as I've generally found the highest posting players town. But his actions, specifically the actions that caused people to leave the game, haven't necessarily been town. Is aggressiveness usually a town tell for Varsoon?
This read says absolutely nothing. Activity is a very weak reason; it's as though he's chosen who he wants to townread and then needed a reason to townread him.
brass is a town lean, but I dunno if there's a good reason for that. I've played with him before, and this seems like how he'd play as town?
No reasoning whatsoever.
doom I just kinda give a town lean to anyway, he's solid, kinda annoyed at the game state, exactly what I've seen doom!town do.
Meta read. Yeah, whatever.
HS is a town lean, for some good posts and not anything directly weird.
Weak.
Voyc/skitter/Lycan are all meh for me. They just haven't done enough townie things, and some have done a few questionable things.
No information whatsoever.
Sorry for yet again being a lurker. At this point, my town meta is going to be lurking :(
An apology, and then a statement that he's probably going to lurk some more?
Vartsun wrote:
4)
Mylo
... I thought you'd be able to post more, and an explanation of your vote remaining on
brass
but he's a townlean?
That too.

Myloninja throws a few townreads, but refuses to actually say anything, is not pushing or even scumreading anyone, and actually still has his vote on a slot that has replaced out (and, as you pointed out, he is townreading). It's lazy, cheap, and scummy.
Is he more likely scum than the other players I guess you're suspecting?
1)
, so you voted
Voyc
based on activity?
As stated.
2)
, I mean,
Lycanfire
did ask me a valid question that I don't think I answered. :facepalm:
In post 33, Lycanfire wrote:What kinds if discussion do you want to have?
I thought it was rhetorical myself.
:facepalm:
3)
, this wasn't a reason for a vote on
me/Varsoon
. You just placed a vote because you couldn't post more that night.
As stated. My reason for the vote was that I needed someone to vote for, and out of my pool, my gut and a quick glance said you were the scummiest.
Why do you have to vote someone? It's valid to talk prior to voting sometimes, you know.

And this is first time I heard directly that this hydra was in your lynchpool. Who else is in there?

Varsoon's
busy right now, but I'm kind of holding out on voting until I speak and get in sync with him.
That makes sense. You don't seem the type to sit on it otherwise.
My solo game and my hydra game are not the same, regardless of alignment.

Of course, I have another head, and I understand that head before I act.

It's kind of the same as my solo game; I think to understand my own thinking, and then I act. I'm just quicker.

In post 257, doomfeathers wrote:Good, I like discussion.
I exist.

is a huge-ass associative based off no factual information.

Spoiler: Reply to Skitter30
Hey,
Skitter30
?

I agree with a lot of your perceptions in this game.

But here are some ways you can work with me
(Taly)
:
1)
Ask me questions.
2)
Comment on my reads.
3)
Take the word "toxic" out of your word usage in referencing this slot.
4)
Tell me your reads.

Spoiler: Reply to Nero Cain
Nero Cain wrote:
In post 248, Vartsun wrote:I think they do.
you do?

b/c I think there's a huge difference in "I don't like this wagon b/c I disagree with the case" and "this wagon popped up out of nowhere and I don't like it."

All wagons have to start somewhere so...like if you want to argue that there's scum that was sheeping a bad case that's fine but I don't think you made that argument and if you did it got lost in your sea of walls.

Now true, you did say
In post 241, Vartsun wrote:I don't trust meta reads... almost ever, and I don't feel inclined to follow someone on a meta-read who hasn't really explained it.
in response to my criticism but that's very much in conflict with your original post about not liking the wagon b/c it popped up.
Is this really worth all of your attention? :igmeou: Many votes are once are usually not all town, imo, and I didn't understand the initial wagon there.

I've been pretty vocal on my thoughts revolving around wagons, and my thoughts in general throughout my posts.

If you want to dig into a reason why I didn't put a non-scumread to L-1, then continue.

Spoiler: Reply to Ruby Red
Can you give me your assessment of the interaction between
Ausuka
and this hydra?

Varsoon
and I have been waffling on our reads around her.

Also, you're saying
Lycanfire
can be town for now... But he's been replaced by
Nero Cain
to my understanding.

What are your thoughts on him?

Taly's Readslist D1 - Will Expand More On When I Have Time

Town

Skitter30
- Thinks independently from most players in this game, which strikes me that she's working to solve it.
Nero Cain
- Likely town focusing on a needle within a haystack. I think he's making reads and pushing his thoughts. This is a volatile read, though.
Ruby Red
- I like their mini statements on many posts. I'm understanding their thought process and I feel that this is coming from town using PoE based on interactions in D1.
Voyc
- Lesser confident townread, but she looks more oriented in understanding the game than other players.
Mylo
- Similar to
Voyc
, but I'm comfortable knowing that this slot has put emphasis in acquiring townreads.

???

Ausuka
- Will need to reread
Ausuka
. I haven't really taken notice of her in the last few pages, and it worries me. It's possible we had a TvT interaction; but I'm not sold either way yet. Still didn't like some of their posts and I don't entirely follow their reads.

Scum

Doomfeathers
- Does not strike me as genuine in their pushes on others. I feel like he's putting emphasis on suspecting other people while he continues wagoning another. Very reserved with their read progression.
Dredd
- This is a lighter scumread, but I feel like there's frustration in
Dredd's
posts - but I don't know where it's coming from. I feel like they've made more observations in just stating that other people have "bad play" in his view versus discussion to help form reads. They haven't voted yet, so I don't know their POV and it's close to deadline...

VOTE: Judge Joseph Dredd

Main Reasoning:
While I scumread
Doomfeathers, Varsoon
is iffy here from what he's told me; both
Varsoon
and I at least have a scumlean on
Judge
, and I believe this is a worthwhile pursuit.

I also think I'm going to explode if I continue line-by-lining
doomfeathers

~ Taly
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Vartsun »

>
This was being typed before were posted, but I'm still voting her for clarity and in-sync read purposes.
In post 284, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 249, Vartsun wrote:5) Judge, is it a protown thing to place someone to L-1 even if you're not scumreading them? How do you feel about the playerlist's vote pattern?
I don't think anyone reached L-1, but I may have missed it. And generally speaking it's not protown, especially early in the game when someone could lolhammer not realizing it's the hammer (or pretending not to realize it).
Kindly stop right here. Because I agree with you.

But I'm also confused.

What was the point of , then?

However, deeper into the game it could be a protown thing depending on the circumstaces and info available at the time.
In post 284, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:I feel that your slot votes whoever votes them (give me a cookie for not using the term OMGUS) :P
It's a bit hard not to do this when 5 out of 8 other SLOTS vote you in less 10 pages, some more than once. :igmeou:

Lycanfire - RVS, replaced out.

HS - RVS, replaced out.

- Ausuka.
- Ausuka.
- Doomfeathers.
- Brassherald.
- Nero Cain/Slot W/ Lycanfire.

The slots who HAVEN'T voted us are:

1, a lurker.
2, the one townreading most people.
3, the one who's making their own independent assessments of the game.

~ Taly
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 249, Vartsun wrote:1) Skitter30, what are your thoughts on doomfeathers?
Not sure.

I don't see any strong reason to townread him, and I don't see any strong reason to scumread him.

I kinda feel like they're looking for wagons.

I kinda like though; it kinda feels like they're eager for someone new to do stuff; I feel like scum would be happy with the apathy. But this is like the towniest post I saw from him imo and it isn't strong enough for me to feel good putting him in my townpile him for it.
In post 252, doomfeathers wrote:In case she didn't respond satisfactorily, same as Lycanfire. She got in the lynchpool by not posting. She got back out by posting.
Is it literally just that she posted? Did you like the *content* of what she posted?
In post 254, Vartsun wrote:Mylo's a bad wagon, imo.
Flip won't inform anything.

-V
It isn't a particularly high-info flip but I feel like there's a fairly decent chance he flips scum tbh.
In post 264, doomfeathers wrote:If Myloninja flips scum, let's wagon Vartsun.
Yeah I noticed that connection too. Not sure if scum!vartsun goes out of their way to tie themselves to a partner's flip in such a blatant way though.
In post 275, Vartsun wrote:YEAH IT'S ALMOST LIKE I TOWNREAD MYLO AND I THINK THEY'RE A BAD LYNCH AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND A LOT OF PEOPLE'S RATIONALE FOR VOTING THERE
Cuz he isn't posting here, is active onsite, and the few posts he's made aren't really game-advancing or are kinda gross.

Like he isn't here, and when he is, he isn't doing anything useful.

Aside, I dislike that voyc's vote hasn't changed since *literally* post 10.
In post 284, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:I don't think anyone reached L-1, but I may have missed it. And generally speaking it's not protown, especially early in the game when someone could lolhammer not realizing it's the hammer (or pretending not to realize it).
I mean, for someone to be lynched (even on day1), they have to be placed at L-1 at some point.

Like we need to lynch someone today. I don't get why people are being conservative with their votes *at this stage of the day* when we kinda need a lynch to happen.
In post 285, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 270, Nero Cain wrote:I'd want to PL Ruby b/c calling ppl wolfy is annoying as fuck to me.
I'm opposed to PLs and especially so in a 9 players game. We only have 2 mislynches and I'm not going to waste one of them on someone I'm not SRing.
I'm pretty sure Nero's post was made in jest.

Taly's posts seperately.
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:09 am

In post 288, Vartsun wrote:What was the point of 225, then?
Kindly read my follow up post. I demonstrated that there were others who reached L-2 before and after Voyc. My problem is with treating them differently. "No resistance" could very well be applied to my slot as well as it got to L-2 on page one. Not even everybody had posted by then, so if Voyc's was a no resistance wagon then so was HS' and a couple more.
I AM THE LAW!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 287, Vartsun wrote:Mylo - Similar to Voyc, but I'm comfortable knowing that this slot has put emphasis in acquiring townreads.
But I feel like the townreads are all kinda empty though.

Like they townread your slot cuz you have the most posts even though the content has 'not necessarily been town', while questioning if agression is a towntell for varsoon.

They townlean brass but they 'dunno if there's a good reason for that' while leaving their vote on brass.

Doom they 'just kinda give a townlean to anyway' and cite meta that doom doesn't remember them having

HS is a townlean 'for some good posts and not doing anything weird'.

like any one of these reads are questionable and all of them together is kinda gross.

Question: Why are you townreading them for producing townreads when the townreads are all really meh?
In post 287, Vartsun wrote:Voyc - Lesser confident townread, but she looks more oriented in understanding the game than other players.
Her slot's kinda underwhelming but isn't actively gross like mylo's is.
In post 287, Vartsun wrote:4) Tell me your reads.
I would be cool with lynching right now: jjd, mylo, and voyc

Probably not in my lynchpool for today even though I don't particularly townread them (ie if someone made a compelling case I could vote there. Would consider voting as a compromise deadline lynch): nero, doom and ruby red

Somewhere in between the above category and actually townreading: vartsun

Townleaning: ausuka

I don't have very good reads right now.

I don't really have any questions to ask you cuz I mostly get what you're thinking from your posts tbh.

I guess talk to me more about Doom? Mainly what I'm getting from you is that you think that he's being disingenuous and hedging his bets by voting one person but leaving room to vote other people?

Is this scum-indicative for you?

You said varsoon disagress - what does he think about Doom?

I feel like doom's kinda happy to wagon whoever, if that makes sense?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 290, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 288, Vartsun wrote:What was the point of 225, then?
Kindly read my follow up post. I demonstrated that there were others who reached L-2 before and after Voyc. My problem is with treating them differently. "No resistance" could very well be applied to my slot as well as it got to L-2 on page one. Not even everybody had posted by then, so if Voyc's was a no resistance wagon then so was HS' and a couple more.
Instead of focusing on the L-2 voyc-wagon, could you like tell us your reads? Who you want to lynch today? Who you don't want to lynch today?

I feel like you're overly focused on this and that this convo isn't directly relevant to solving the game.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 291, skitter30 wrote:I don't have very good reads right now.
Like almost everyone is scummy to me at this point and I kinda have to start looking for people who are less scummy than others to take them out of my lynchpool cuz town has to be *somewhere*
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:35 am

In post 292, skitter30 wrote:I feel like you're overly focused on this and that this convo isn't directly relevant to solving the game.
I made a point. Vartsun asked about it. I responded. If nobody asked I would not have been discussing it over and over again. Stop bringing it up and I will stop talking about it.

As for reads, it's so funny you should ask me for mine when you yourself say everyone is scummy. I do not want to block anyone's lynch, but I also don't have a confident scum read yet. Mylo's lynch was as good as any to me.

Generally speaking my reads are bad anyway (you can go read any of my previous game. I only have 3-4 finished games anyway). When I try to be a hero it most likely backfires. I want to learn to develop my reads more reliably, so I'm going to wait and see how things go before I have a solid opinion on anyone.

P.S. The last game I played I faked a guilty on someone I was confident being scum, and they flipped town. Go figure. I'm good with game theory, but in application I still suck.
I AM THE LAW!
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:36 am

And it really doesn't help when you say something and people tell you you're wrong, and you explain and then they say "that's a lot of words to say YOU'RE WRONG" without showing you how you're being wrong.
I AM THE LAW!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 285, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
:igmeou: :shifty:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Voyc »

@Taly/skitter
Yeah, my vote's been on HS/Judge slot since RVS, and while it started out as that, I am scumleaning the slot and my vote on there is serious
That's what I meant with
My opinion on the slot hasn't changed, Judge is pretty scummy imo
Like, posts like which is an answer to a question that's supposed to sprout analysis, doesn't actually
go
anywhere, if that makes sense

@Judge, it's fine if you don't have completely confident reads, but I really don't think it's a good idea to be holding off from sharing the impressions you have on people
So, regardless of whether you're confident and regardless of accuracy, what's roughly where you're at rn?
Is any lynch really ok with you? Are there not players that you really wouldn't want to lynch?

I don't want to lynch Vartsun or skitter or Ausuka
Ruby and Nero I don't really have a read on
I was hesistant about brass in the posts before he replaced out, but I'm not feeling bad about Ruby, so I'll see
I'd be ok with a lynch on Mylo bc, while not really a scumread, people are willing to vote him (we're near deadline) and it doesn't seem like he will add anything to the game
I've been looking at doom, but I'm unsure whether I'd lynch him, Ruby put it pretty well actually!
In post 280, Ruby Red wrote:doomfeathers looked surface towny but gives me gut pings.
And I would be ok with lynching Judge
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by Voyc »

Ah deadline is
A bit closer than I thought it was

@Mod could we get prods on Mylo and Ausuka?
:0
Yes, thanks for the note
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Happy Birthday!

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Ausuka »

No don't prod me pls. I just wanted to make a big post and I didn't really have time for that.
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”