Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 239, Korts wrote:
Firebringer has been prodded.

Tywin Lannister has not picked up his prod, and will be replaced.

Vote count incoming in a separate post.
Well then, nvm. I shoukdve read the last lage first, since i kust spent an hour cayching up. Guess I posted a few hours too late.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Korts »

Oh hi! Tywin Lannister will not be replaced then.
scumchat never die
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

First let me personally thank Eddie on informing me that Morality is one of Boon’s alts. I appreciate that information.

Obviously given the claim by OldMan (which I find shaky giving the timing and convenience) I’ll be moving my vote. Still think he’s a great scum candidate especially given the way he folded his affected style to conform to what several other players deemed acceptable play. Any attempt to take-back his claim or defer activating it Day 2 is effectively the equivalent of a Cop guilty IMO that should immediately be met with rope.

Still interested in hearing response from Twyin but probably not going to vote him today given OldMan’s interest in him as a scum suspect.

Actually was thinking about moving my vote to Fire since didn’t respond at all when I called him out on his direct lie. Also he had to be prodded which seems pretty low effort to me. Thoughts on that
Eddie
?

But KMD gets my vote for yet another post that avoids him directly addressing Eddie’s reasoning for voting him and whether it is valid or not and the side of for the “Dog Ate My Homework”.

VOTE: KMD

I have to say Cooldog’s Town read is rapidly deteriorating with his complete lack of any sort of thread presence.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

fire's in my poe now ya i'll do an updated one in my next effortpost. doesn't help he ignored my questions immediately after his post and his last post was eh.

VOTE: KMD

its sad the two of the like three or four in this game im friends with (KMD and Boon) are my two biggest scumreads though :(
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 159, CooLDoG wrote:
v/la until the 2nd

I have papers due, and life shit to do. I'll come back with pure fuckibg gold though.
to be fair, it is the second and this was well broadcasted
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Gotta admit, this game, with only 10 pages, was far more difficult to catch up on than it should've been. Everyone writes huge walls with zero real substance, even Firebringer, who I'm used to just shitposting. Looks like even Eddie joined in on it. I think I liked it better when he just posted passive-aggressive one-liners. Its still 100% better than Old Man posting 5000-word, passive-aggressive comments directed toward Magma and others. The guy has some definite r/iamverysmart potential. I wonder if he keeps a thesaurus around to confuse all thr plebs as he insults them, especially as he defends poor little Eddie from you disgusting, elitist pigs.

Anyway...

is exactly what I was thinking the entire time I was catching up. Its pretty much words taken out of my mouth and put in a better, gramattically-correct (probably on pc) format.

Let me do a worse job of summarising:

Hito ties me with Pine, and says I'm next if he flips scum. The reason seems to be that I have been defending Pine/Eddie from the confirmation case.

Old Man sees it and says I'm scum for it. He claims it's independent of Eddie/Pine, because I haven't gone out of my way to say they're both rock solid TRs, saying that's fence sitting. He claims one or both are town, but that I'm scum for not saying so indefinitely. He also ironically claims my word to substance count is bad, aka I write a lot, but without substance. Very, very ironic, but thats his case. Do i have this right?

My response: He's false in claiming it's independent (although hito made sure to confirm that and defend him, rather than let him answer himself), because it is quite obviously tied to them and me defending against their bad case and a shitty wagons. I look to lynch scum and then place everyone else as null/not worth my time, not look for people to proclaim as 100% town. People who do that are scummy af, and I'd be voting Old Man right now if he didn't just claim. The only people that truly know are scum, yet Old Man really wants that town cred baby! Right now, Pine and Eddie aren't getting my vote for already stated reasons, and my scum pool includes people that pushed them. That's not fence sitting, but nice try Old Man. Get off my lawn.

Id be lynching Old Man 100% if he didn't claim. He claims the mod will confirm his alignment D2 though, so thats worth waiting for. It looks like total B.S. to me though, especially in a Normal game. I've never seen that role used any Mafia game I've participated in, either on MS or elsewhere, but D2 it is. IF he claims it was a fakeclaim to 'confuse' scum tomorrow, then he needs to be lynched asap.

Axelrod is still scum. Nothing changed.

Hito claims I'm scum because of Pine, yet he isn't voting Pine or me. Scum

Petroleumjelly decided to renounce their self-identity as a sheep stuck in a humans body. Still scum, but playing better.

Magma is town. I agree with his thought process.

Roflcopter is town. Said Axel and Hito are scum.

Kison is town. Hito voting him.

Morality I honestly can't remember ever seeing them post in this game. Null

Firebringer is impossible to read due shitposting. Null

CoolDog I haven't seen post since his original RVS claim. Null

Is there anyone else? I can't remember them.

So, tl;dr:

Lynch Pool: Axel, Hito, Petroleum

Not touching pool: Magma, Rofl, Kison

Don't care: everyone else

Magma: You said you asked me questions multiple times now, but I haven't seen any in the thread. You've mentioned these questions at least in 5 seperate posts, but I've never actually seen any questions. Repost them

Hito: Why are you voting Kison, when all your SRs have been about connecting me and Pine as scum buddies? So you SR us both, me for 'protecting' Pine, but vote neither one?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:44 pm

What's the case on KMD? Why not lynch girl or Axel?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Hito*
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 1:46 pm

Forgot

VOTE: Hito
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Hmm, I think the Old Man claim could be plausible because I've contemplated putting similar IC variants in my games. It's self-confirming regardless so whateer,
In post 244, roflcopter wrote:
re: insanity post
1, yes axel was my strongest scumread at that point
2, the whiteknighting was a serious knock on him but also the wallposting itself is scummy here
3, context is everything re: my post , i was replying directly to pj who asked why he should move off of eddie

i'm glad someone finally decided to pick on me and not just drop another townread on me so thanks for that but your reasoning for voting me is lacking
Ok, I missed the context for 170 - the perils of spending half of my time scrolling through ISOs.

You still haven't addressed the main reason for my scumread though. What did you find scummy about Axel? How come you haven't been interacting with Axel's posts or talking about Axel despite him being for most of the time your strongest scumread?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Insanity 232 is weirdly dissonant. If "just look how scummy Old Man is being" is a line of thought you generally agree with, how do you turn right around and go for rolfcopter for selling what you've been buying? It feels like your post was artificially looking for "who had the worst reasoning for the vote, lets call them scum" without actually meshing it with your other stated beliefs.
In post 232, insanity018 wrote: I agree that wall wars are bad.

But I completely disagree that scum wouldn't make the post. It's an easy comment to make that doesn't require dealing with the substantial content of anyone's posts.
It's not whether it's easy or hard; it's that scum are generally super happy to just let people snipe at each other. I think trying to manage thread culture is often a towntell.
In post 235, Old Man wrote:Hito - Help me make a wagon. Put your vote on Tywin with me.
As mentioned I want to let him post first. Chance to either break out of or reconfirm suspicions

I'm sure everyone will be saying this but Firebringer 247 is really gross - he has a defined scum read but is instead sheeping his top town read on someone he thinks is town...to go from a one-man wagon to a whopping
two
-man wagon. Hey Fire, if you just convince Eddie to go to you instead of going to him, then you can be voting with him on MoI instead!
In post 252, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I have to say Cooldog’s Town read is rapidly deteriorating with his complete lack of any sort of thread presence.
Wait, what? Since you mentioned almost nothing about CoolDoG but had him high up on the town list, I assumed you did it on strength of claim like the rest of us. But this implies it was something behavioral and not the claim; so why did you have CoolDoG town in the first place?

Breaking cause I got to the Tywin post and I have a lot to say about it.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I am inclined to believe it because he wasn't L-1 and a FN / Cop / X claim would've got him through today for sure, plus a cop can get a CC. IC can't back out because its unblockable (lolvanillizer).

Insanity, where are you looking right now aside from Roflcopter? I don't think Rofl's scum like /at all/ but regardless good to flesh it out.

I don't like how Tywin's first post was almost entirely about myself and Pine and his second post barely addresses our existence. And, I don't know how you couldn't know the "case" on KMD its been clearly fleshed out by multiple people. I have a lot of stuff to say about his first catchup but waiting for the second one first so I don't influence it. Also, I've seen delayed IC before not that its relevant. I agree with your pushes in general, all people in my PoE (though I've thought about moving Axel out of it), but I really don't like how you're going about it.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 255, Tywin Lannister wrote:Hito: Why are you voting Kison, when all your SRs have been about connecting me and Pine as scum buddies? So you SR us both, me for 'protecting' Pine, but vote neither one?
I was pretty explicit about why:
In post 194, hitogoroshi wrote:Still don't like Pine or Tywin. Could maybe go for an Eddie wagon. But all three of those feel like they're in the state where I want to heavily index on their next few posts, so for now I kinda want to just flashwagon Kison and see what happens when he has to do something other than coast
I wanted to wait for more posting from you three, and voting felt kind of silly because I wouldn't really be pushing anyone until I had those posts. I figured I'd just try to get some pressure on Kison just to get him involved a bit more so we could read him. Was just kind of something to do with my vote because I wasn't really using it.

And sure enough, waiting helped my case a lot because you did the thing again:
Old Man sees it and says I'm scum for it. He claims it's independent of Eddie/Pine, because I haven't gone out of my way to say they're both rock solid TRs, saying that's fence sitting. He claims one or both are town, but that I'm scum for not saying so indefinitely. He also ironically claims my word to substance count is bad, aka I write a lot, but without substance. Very, very ironic, but thats his case. Do i have this right?

My response: He's false in claiming it's independent (although hito made sure to confirm that and defend him, rather than let him answer himself), because it is quite obviously tied to them and me defending against their bad case and a shitty wagons. I look to lynch scum and then place everyone else as null/not worth my time, not look for people to proclaim as 100% town. People who do that are scummy af, and I'd be voting Old Man right now if he didn't just claim. The only people that truly know are scum, yet Old Man really wants that town cred baby! Right now, Pine and Eddie aren't getting my vote for already stated reasons, and my scum pool includes people that pushed them. That's not fence sitting, but nice try Old Man. Get off my lawn.
First off, you don't have "already stated reasons" - that was the whole original point, that you were fixated on saying the
push
was scummy without relating it to their alignments. And again you're trying to convince us that pushing Eddie and Pine is a way folks got in your scum pool, but that Eddie and Pine are both players that fall under "Is there anyone else? I can't remember them." But of course, if you were coming by these opinions honestly, believing that scum is pushing the easy mislynch necessarily means you think the targets are town! Or at least you'd
remember
them. In a world where Eddie or Pine flip red, voting them for bad reasons isn't a scumtell!

It makes no sense that you're sitting here steaming over a wagon because you think the reasoning is bad, and that scum are taking advantage of the bad reasoning for an easy wagon, but you have no idea what alignment of player the scum are trying to use the bad reasoning to lynch. Seems painfully fake. So, happy to take the OMGUS here:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Tywin Lannister

Also I think voting me instead of Axel is pretty weird, since Axel-wagon is actively moving and shaking right now.

Old Man is almost certainly town, like Eddie said, because this is just a bonkers silly fakeclaim for scum to make. (But yes, obviously accept no excuses tomorrow). rofl is also town no matter how mad he gets at me for thinking it. While actually I got a bit of paranoia on my Axel-town read when rofl pointed out his vote was so static (I earnestly remembered it moving more), Old Man being town probably means he's town also since he went through the same thought process I did (where MoI misread an OM post and thought it'd be enough of a dumb distraction it was worth calling out).

I'd be pretty happy wagoning Insanity also. Still maintain that probably at least one of Eddie or Pine is scum if Tywin is scum, I just like playing the associative the other way now. Eddie 261 sniped me with a lot of shit I'm saying here and I don't know if that's him actually being town or in-thread coaching. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
In post 230, Eddie Cane wrote:I dont understand what you're asking, seems like a dumb question easily answered by many of my posts?
Then I'll rephrase.

I have a difficult time reading your posts (up through 128) as coming from a Town mindset. As I said before, I will assume for the sake of argument that your "confirm" post was indeed a joke, though I am not sold on that. You then proceed to decline to respond to posts and act uninterested in the game (e.g., asking us to get back to you by page 10). Your posts read like you were trying to wait out your wagon in the hopes it went away without you having to do anything.

If that's
not
the narrative I am supposed to gather from your posts, then what is? I don't really understand your playstyle, or why you have played the way you have played.

2.)
In post 146, Pine wrote:All that said, I'm Town here. Hence my drive to be honest and disclose things.
In post 242, Old Man wrote:Can you please explain why you moved your vote to Axelrod?
In post 243, Pine wrote:I could, but I choose not to.
Let's try again. Could you explain your Axelrod vote?

3.)
I am skeptical of Old Man's Innocent Child claim. But like CooLDoG's claim, I'm not interested in pursuing it right now.

4.)
Given Axelrod's Post #238, I am solidly back to my initial gut read that Axelrod looks decently connected to Eddie Cane (or possibly Pine).

5.)
Tywin Lannister, please answer my earlier question:
In post 108, petroleumjelly wrote:Real question: Did you attribute the later posts and votes on Pine and Axelrod as evidence that I was sheeping suspicion on those two players?
6.)
hitogoroshi, your reasoning in Post #262 seems a bit simplistic.

Players can attack a scummy case on Player X without knowing (or having to decide) if Player X is Town or Scum. And if they think the case itself is bad (or 'scum-motivated,' as was implied), it stands to reason that they are not likely to join the wagon.

7.)
That said, I
also
think Tywin Lannister's analysis in Post #255 is also highly simplistic. It basically boils down to "people who pushed on Eddie Cane and Pine are scum" and then most of the remainder of his stances seem to be loosely based on the premise that he is correct in his scumreads.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

V/LA until Saturday
for my 16 hour work days Thursday and Friday.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:49 pm

Post by roflcopter »

what if old man is some kind of powerful scum role that they just really need to have alive on night one?

@insanity, because plenty of others have been pressing axel, because i didn't feel the need to shit up the thread with my own personal version of the same points, and also because i had at that time said enough that the train on axel was going choo choo without the need to keep harping. in a game with numerous players coasting far further under the radar than myself, and in which i've been perfectly clear on where i stand, i'm not sure i understand how my supposed lack of doing enough to push a scumread is what stands out to you.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2018 10:54 pm

Post by roflcopter »

. . all from insanity

this is such a weird interaction between insanity, axel and hito, especially in light of insanity now voting me on account of my axel scumread
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:41 am

Post by insanity018 »

I don't have much time tonight, so this is just a quick post
In post 261, Eddie Cane wrote:Insanity, where are you looking right now aside from Roflcopter? I don't think Rofl's scum like /at all/ but regardless good to flesh it out.
Hmm, I would say
- KMD: It's weird that he's still voting you and not acknowledging that you have given a reason for your vote of him. While the lost post in must be frustrating, it's weird that he hasn't at least posted a brief description of the points he wanted, especially since he knew he would be going V/LA.
- Firebringer: Seemed to be really serious about his Magnaofillusion scumread for playstyle related reasons? I'm not sure why he's voting Morality either since he's previously stated a strong townread of chamber
- Tywin: is a long post that majority of the reads are superficial reasons "Kison is town because Hito is voting him" or are just null.
- possibly Hito: Some of his posts about me feels he's just slinging mud, and not trying to actually sort me or engage with me.
In post 260, hitogoroshi wrote:Insanity 232 is weirdly dissonant. If "just look how scummy Old Man is being" is a line of thought you generally agree with, how do you turn right around and go for rolfcopter for selling what you've been buying? It feels like your post was artificially looking for "who had the worst reasoning for the vote, lets call them scum" without actually meshing it with your other stated beliefs.
Because I don't presume that I am right about Old Man? I can find two people independently scummy, even if they're less likely to be scum together. I found that roflcoptor's vote after not following up on Axelrod seemed opportunistic. And found it scummier than my read of Old Man, which could possibly be a playstyle problem.
In post 266, roflcopter wrote:. . all from insanity

this is such a weird interaction between insanity, axel and hito, especially in light of insanity now voting me on account of my axel scumread
What is so weird? I think I've been pretty transparent that I've found things that were odd in Axel's post, questioned him and am fine with his responses. How and does my vote change your view of those conversations?
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Old Man »

In post 255, Tywin Lannister wrote:Right now,
Pine and Eddie aren't getting my vote for already stated reasons, and my scum pool includes people that pushed them
. That's not fence sitting, but nice try Old Man. Get off my lawn.
Can you please point out your "already stated reasons" in post ? I seem to be unable to see them! Probably due to my old eyes.

Here is the post for your reference:
Spoiler: I cannot find your "already stated reasons" for not voting Pine or Eddie.
In post 99, Tywin Lannister wrote:Just caught up. I agree with Pine, Kison, whoever else in thinking the confirmation controversy is pointless. Honestly, a SR based off of that reminds me more of Epicmafia-type garbage than something I'd expect from MS outside of newbie queue. I also dont like how nearly everyone latched onto it as if it was some amazing revelation. That's suspect on D1, especially when the first wagon or two is usually on town. When nearly everyone agrees, then it means scum do as well. I don't particularly like Eddie's attitude (Pine's is ok), but not confirming in-thread is NAI for me. Games don't require everyone to confirm before they start, just the majority. I've played plenty of games where it started before I saw the PM to confirm, and it wasn't an issue? How is that AI?

That said, I think the hard push on Pine and/or Eddie over the confirmation thing is pretty bad, yet some players went with it hard, as if they were looking for something to sheep. Its possible one or both of them are scum, but why would anyone be so sure it's not easy lynchbait? Why would anyone not question it when half the playerbase sheeped it instantly? I honestly don't believe anyone genuinely believes in the confirm thing, so it looks like an excuse to form fake reads.

I don't know metas, but chamber going so hard off of it and claiming to have solved the game on page 4 pings me. He's accused multiple people so far though, which I don't think scum would be doing on D1. Thing is, those accusations seem to be based 100% on either Eddie or Pine (both?) being scum. I haven't seen any posted content that screams scum to me from either one, and hardpushing with little to no second-guessing pings me. He's not a hard SR mostly due to his playstyle. I don't really see scum pushing that hard on D1, but it does happen with a few players. Titus comes to mind.

Axelrod has been doing the same thing, but has been accusing far fewer players (none outside of Eddie? Pine?), and has not really contributed anything new to the argument, which chamber has done. Its almost entirely sheeping, which pings the hell out of me. They're not alone in doing it by any means, but they're also not giving any other thoughts. They've gone entirely for the easy lynchbait wagon with no looking elsewhere.

The player that takes the scummy cake for me though is petroloumjelly, post 64.
In post 64, petroleumjelly wrote:Looking like we should lynch Eddie Cane, Pine, and Axelrod.

I also don't believe CooLDoG's claim, but I'm not terribly interested in the topic right now.
Blatant sheeping with no original content/thoughts
String of future lynches
Not questioning anyone
Shade on potential problem PR

VOTE: petroleumjelly

Chamber: Do you SR anyone not based entirely around Pine/Eddie? Why or why not? What makes you so sure not confirming in-thread is a scum tell, and what do you dislike about Pine/Eddie's actual content? What do you see in what they've actually posted that pings you?

Axelrod: What pings you so much about Eddie's kmd vote joke thing? It looked like a normal rvs vote to me, so I'm not following your confusion over it, let alone the SR from it (his attitude sucks though). What else has Eddie done that pings you? Do you think everyone that is on his wagon are town? Do you agree that youre sheeping other's arguments against Eddie (I haven't seen you mention Pine as scum)?

Petroleumjelly: Do you have any content to add to the game besides bad sheeping? Why do you SR Eddie, Pine, and Axelrod? Do you think theyre all scum partners, or do you have independent reads? Do you have any thoughts on any other players in this game?
Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Old Man »

In post 244, roflcopter wrote: @old man, what about makes insanity a strong townread?
Insanity is looking into player motivations and player intent which appears town-motivated to me. They seems to be thinking about the game and actively engaging and sorting other players, which is much better than some flawed reasoning or even no reasoning at all (see: Pine's vote on Axelrod). For this I give them a strong townread.

I disagree with the Axel votes because I think Axelrod is town. Of course I disagreed with the votes on me previously, but that was needless to be said. So far, I am disappointed with the responses to my claim.
However, there is still MoI remaining to observe.
Scratch that, I just saw his post. My preliminary instinct tells me that he is town in a tunnel, but I need meta knowledge to know if he is able to fake this kind of behavior. Unfortunately, nobody has offered any helpful resources on this matter yet.

Interested to see KMD's response to his sudden wagon appearance. Am hoping Eddie Cane joins the Good People on the Tywin wagon.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 5:23 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Old Man, in post 94, you gave Kison a town read for voting based on your avatar. It was RVS. Most, if not all votes are going to be flimsy reasoning. Hell, about half of us voted based on confirmations. Also can you tell me where you got the idea the Eddie wagon was policy?
Hito wrote: If Pine flips scum we are lynching Tywin next 100%
Why? I don't see it. What is your read on Tywin now? What would it be with a Pine town flip?

Jelly, how do you see Eddie's play as nervous? I don't see any way a nervous player intentionally waits on explaining a vote while he's the leading wagon.

I'm through post 110 on page 5 (this is more for myself than anyone else)
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 6:29 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 61, Pine wrote: Eddie, care to wagon Chamber with me?
Asks the RVS wagon to wagon the guy who is attacking him. Seems very suspect on Pine's part. Either Chamber has done something scummy enough to warrant an actual vote, or he hasn't. Someone else wanting to vote him too shouldn't really be a factor in your logic at this point in the game.
In post 64, petroleumjelly wrote:Looking like we should lynch Eddie Cane, Pine, and Axelrod.
Why that's a pretty big spread pretty early.
In post 69, roflcopter wrote:
cooldog bruh if you're a pgo you should have claimed doctor to honeypot the scum
fuck no do I lie as town with a role that is probably going to get cop checked, or investigation checked at some point like that. It is also not worth it to take the risk of destroying town power without the claim being revealed. So, no, I do not like this strategy.
In post 71, Pine wrote:[quote="In post 69

[...]
This post doesn't come from scum. Scum is worried about the PGO, not annoyed at it being misplayed.[/quote]
first low effort town read of the early game. Where only scum really gain any benifit because they can always turn around and be like, "see, I told ya'll he was town" later. Also never understood why people would post town reads on d1. THe pool is large enough that doing poe probably not work, and it just alerts the scum to who the town thinks is the most townie. It paints targets, not reveals them... anyway... the read is still low effort.
In post 81, Pine wrote: I don't necessarily think claiming Doc is the right route, as that might provoke a counterclaim and backfire, but dropping heavy breadcrumbs and softing recklessly would do the trick. I don't think scum gets that crotchety about it, I think they have a debate in their PT about how to handle the claim.
And for the the record, getting immediately cc'd by the actual doc is what would end up probably happening, so fuck that noise. Also, can't claim any investigative role, for obvious reasons.
In post 83, Eddie Cane wrote:Arrogant oldie thinking he knows better than me, complete with
bold
and
italics
. next time try underlining it I might understand better. You should check your math, though, because it's more like 1-2 days at max. I'm not going to rush my sorting because of a retarded wagon on me.
Not completely incorrect post, it is an rvs wagon which is groundless. I don't understand the "arrogant" oldie comment. But whatever.
In post 93, Kison wrote:I'm with Pine that the wagon on Eddie over the confirmation thing is silly.

Don't like Axel's Pine vote or post 67. Looks like he's trying way too hard to explain it away.

UNVOTE: Old Man
VOTE: Axelrod
Fair point. He did in fact admit that his vote was trash with it only being 100 posts in. There's some lack of confidence that allows him to either hop later or deny that he had a strong read. I do get some scummy vibes as opposed to genuine town.

-- Old Man's and wall:
1) bullshit psychological mindgames. If the avatar is scummy, then wouldn't you want to not have it for meta reasons?
2) "the theory that scum would not blatantly vote for another player with such obviously flimsy reasoning, in order to keep up some facade of self-preservation. " ???? this is shockingly silly. Scum rvs vote on avitars all the time man.
3) On the cain wagon, "How is it nothing more than a thinly veiled policy lynch?" because it is also seems to be obviously an RVS wagon that some scum decided to plop down on because they can and there isn't much we can do about?
4) there seems to be a "chamber is scum because he is lazy" argument
5) the better correct argument comes in the fact that he is the last person on a wagon with very little reason. I would expect the way that chamber is talking for his vote to go to pine, not to eddie.

twyn's is quite good and sums up the game up to that point. Has a relatively good vote.
In post 106, hitogoroshi wrote:
If Pine flips scum we are lynching Tywin next 100%
It's shit like this that pings my radar more now-adays. One line, no effort call-outs.
In post 107, petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
Pine started off the game being improperly 'white-knighty' towards Old Man's identity; it was preachy and unnecessary. His "ruleset" question being due to his "respect people and don't be toxic kick" was rather immediately thrown into question when he told CooLDoG to "sit on it," and has since told chamber "bite me."

Since my post, I also very much am not a fan of the "simmer down, Eddie" post. If either Eddie Cane or Pine flips scum, then this post suggests a connection.

3.)
Axelrod was thrown in because he looked fairly connected to Eddie Pine. He voted for the third voter of Eddie Pine (minor), but then he made this post:
In post 31, Axelrod wrote:THE GREAT CONFIRMATION MYSTERY - 2018!
This appears to try to make light of the entire confirmation issue so that it is more dismissable, when I think it's about as legitimate a reason to vote somebody on page two of a game.

The fact that he has now attacked both Eddie Cane and Pine seems like a slight about-face to me. I am not really buying into the "over-justification" reasoning people have since used.

4.)
CooLDoG's claim is questionable because this is a Normal Game. Technically the role is not explicitly disallowed by the Normal Guidelines, but I do not think a Paranoid Gun Owner has been used/allowed in a Normal Game for several years.

5.)
Yes, I do have a couple other mild reads, but I am not going to go into them.
2, He made the simmer down comment because of the usage of the r-word which liberals have taken out of common vernacular for some reason or another. I also found it odd that he told me to sit on it, when I was basically agreeing with his conclusions, but I guess if he's not the one fighting the fight it doesn't matter.

3) How the fuck are you getting all of these complex association tells on page 3?

4)GTFO, either test me or lynch me. I'd prefer if you tested me actually.

5) "I got more content but I'm too lazy to post it"
In post 108, petroleumjelly wrote: That means Eddie Cane confirmed out-of-thread, and then confirmed in-thread a second time after the game had already started. Looks disingenuous to me. Why not just start the game by his second post, where he places a vote?
How the fuck are ya'll getting "disingenuous" and anything at all out of when the guy confirmed or not. If he posted in the thread first or second. All this trash about the confirmations, I don't understand at all.
In post 115, Axelrod wrote:I think I'm going to enjoy this game. As long as people can refrain from the personal attacks, there's some fun stuff going on.
I also don't understand this whole hoopla surrounding the personal attacks rule. People allegedly doing it or not doing. Like, I don't understand what continually bringing up the topic is supposed to be doing. It reads to me as free words in an essay that needs just a couple more to break the limit. But other than that, this was a good wall to read *shrug* nothing major happening there.
In post 119, Axelrod wrote:I'm also interested in Cooldog's PGO claim right out the gate, moreso because of the fact that several people have already commented that they don't believe it. I'll go on record here and say that, if it's not true - and he's Town - I'm going to be pretty pissed at Cooldog (Mafia-pissed, not RL pissed). I
despise
it when Townies lie.
literally half the reason I claimed the role first post.
In post 120, Eddie Cane wrote:my vote on kmd was serious, but not because 4th vote lolscummy if that clears things up.
no, absolutely it does not.
In post 125, Axelrod wrote:
Then Pine - the other phantom confirmer - posts @35 and explains his failure to confirm in-thread. And I think it's a strange explanation. He confirmed via PM, because he had a "ruleset" question for the mod? When asked what his question was, he answers @38 (he wants to know how pro-active the mod. will be about toxic behavior). I'm also not feeling this question. Pine also, and incidentally, starts to immediately butt heads with Chamber over a complete non-issue. Old Man and his alt. and whether that's appropriate or not.
This is a good observation and one of the reasons why pine ought to get some scum points. I don't understand the need for either the question, or to tell people why you didn't confirm in thread.
In post 129, chamber wrote:Can you provide an example of where you've played like you have this game, but were town?
And here we go. I won't be reading any arguments that spring from this discussion because it will be the same old legislating on past wins and losses bullshit yet again.

fire's posts on 6 are fine and uneventful.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 6:30 am

Post by CooLDoG »

that's where I'm up to for now. I don't have time to post anymore until this evening, which will probably involve me catching up and starting to make some bigger-scale judgments on the game
after a wank.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Axelrod »

In post 244, roflcopter wrote: ms is bugging and not letting me look at axel's post iso right now so i can't go back and find this in situ but i particularly dislike where he implies that he'll just keep on tunneling on eddie and pine tomorrow pretty much regardless of what happens today.
Right so, that never remotely happened....
In post 245, roflcopter wrote:ok i can't find it, maybe somebody else said that, too much to go digging for right now

whatever, axel is scum anyway

axel why is your vote still parked on pine? do you still think eddie is scummy (you said early on that you would vote him if not for being at l-2 already)? do you have any other scumreads yet? because for all you've written this game, what i can remember of you is voteparking on pine, cheerleading the eddie wagon, giving kmd a red flag for being on the eddie wagon, and repeatedly defending old man while not quite calling him a townread.
It's like, "gee, all I can remember you doing (in this game of under 250 posts) is voting someone, expressing suspicion of someone else, then revising your opinion of said person, expressing suspicion of a different person, and criticizing a case on another person."

I mean, even if that were completely accurate - which it isn't - it's kind of a silly argument. Sometimes I feel like people don't even read what I'm writing.

I'm "vote-parked" on Pine because I haven't found a better place to put my vote yet. Pine hasn't done anything to make me think he's Town, and several things I haven't liked, and that's plenty good enough for now. I'll probably elaborate even more on this one later.

The other people I've expressed suspicions of include (1) Chamber, who has bailed, and his replacement promised something yesterday and that didn't happen, so I'm still waiting to see there. And (2) KMD, who has also made unfulfilled promises of future posts. People I currently need to look closer at include: PJ, Tywin, Firebringer, Kison. It feels like there's a bunch of people who haven't posted very much.

I've got what I'm going to call mild Town reads on (1) Hito (2) Insanity (3) Old Man (4) Eddie (now) (5) Magna (though this one is the most tempered, as I've got a lot of respect for his scum game).
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 am

Post by Axelrod »

Tywin #255 needs a longer response than I've got time for. I will ask you though: you say (at least as far as me): "Axelrod still scum. Nothing changed."

I'm just going to pull up your whole original argument (which is, even though that was post #99, as far as I can tell, still your argument?):
Tywin in post #99 wrote:That said, I think the hard push on Pine and/or Eddie over the confirmation thing is pretty bad, yet some players went with it hard, as if they were looking for something to sheep. Its possible one or both of them are scum, but why would anyone be so sure it's not easy lynchbait? Why would anyone not question it when half the playerbase sheeped it instantly? I honestly don't believe anyone genuinely believes in the confirm thing, so it looks like an excuse to form fake reads.

I don't know metas, but chamber going so hard off of it and claiming to have solved the game on page 4 pings me. He's accused multiple people so far though, which I don't think scum would be doing on D1. Thing is, those accusations seem to be based 100% on either Eddie or Pine (both?) being scum. I haven't seen any posted content that screams scum to me from either one, and hardpushing with little to no second-guessing pings me. He's not a hard SR mostly due to his playstyle. I don't really see scum pushing that hard on D1, but it does happen with a few players. Titus comes to mind.

Axelrod has been doing the same thing, but has been accusing far fewer players (none outside of Eddie? Pine?), and has not really contributed anything new to the argument, which chamber has done. Its almost entirely sheeping, which pings the hell out of me. They're not alone in doing it by any means, but they're also not giving any other thoughts. They've gone entirely for the easy lynchbait wagon with no looking elsewhere.
And ask you if you are trying to seriously argue that I (1) "Hard pushed" Eddie/Pine over the "confirmation thing" (2) Was just "sheeping Chamber" (3) Was not giving any other thoughts, and (4) Have not looked anywhere else - as of the
first 99 posts
of the game.

I mean, not even considering what has happened since.

I'll be over here.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”