Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

hi toranaga

i'm putting together some thoughts atm, should actually be coherent and in words in about an ~hour or so

Given that you three non-shooters have waited this long with your shots waiting a day or so for dav+random's reactions to mom's flip seems pretty alright imo. Personally I don't think random is scum just because he hasn't given a shit about looking town (and therefore not getting shot) the whole game. random could maybe be scum that just wanted to use their shot before they died if he thinks his team is already ahead enough that he doesn't have to give a fuck about surviving, but I feel like he'd give more of a shit about getting blowback from just following dav's read if he were scum.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

I think there were way better shots for random to take if he wanted to take a townie out and I agree with gamma. Probs town.

My other thoughts: People that have waited to take thier shot are pretty suspicious. Making a pool of people that are "acceptable" for people to vig comes with its own problems. Those problem being anyone left with a vig can just choose the town targets in that pool. But tahts also good for us... if we flip the right person.

Not mafia. I thought about this alot. With us determining his death, it would have been super easy for scum to come in and shoot their partner. I'm highly suspicious of whoever did that (im a little drunk and forget who it was.. look it up)

With game state we ahve a slight problem. Scum will likely start falling in line with shots and wait for our "approval". So when we start listing people who "look scummy" scum will step right up and shoot a town member of that group. Please do not shoot from the hip tomorrow morning. Its going to be tempting. SOMEONE will probably shoot first but please stay calm and think about your next shot.

There is a chance I will be dead, along with some other good townies. Take a deep breath and think about what you would do as scum. Talk about it and then choose wisely.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

this might not be as coherent as i thought it would be but i think it'll be readable-ish at least

i think Lovebird's push on chickadee looks like genuine scumhunting from Love - a lot of posts from Chickadee look posturey in isolation, especially her comments to Nero around the Almost shot and the snarky/vax shenanigans. I think the context (especially the parts with the Almost shot being basically in real-time with Nero) makes Chickadee look a lot better than her iso alone though.

This is probably reading into his play with a bit of paranoia-goggles, but Dav feels like he wanted to push a strong read on mom early on, get her killed before too much had happened, and then if she flipped town kind of shrug it off while there was still a lot of other stuff happening as well and look like he was just confident but wrong about a read, and that got messed up by mom's actual death being delayed for so long. It's how I'd expect scum to play if they wanted to try to be active early and try to go after someone that could potentially be on the other scum team.

theta alpine is very not scum with Not_Mafia.

I don't like TheBrie shrugging off Screenplay early on as town, I think her leaving off Not Mafia was more likely than not an honest mistake and if she is scum she's more likely on the grits scumteam and not N_M's. If the scumteams are identical I could see her as a traitor to N_M's team too but I don't think that's worth going off of unless more flips show that's likely to be the case.
In post 353, TheBrie wrote:
In post 352, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 349, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 343, Eddie Cane wrote:kill mon, he's scum
but everyone is town
I must admit the game rules are a little unclear on that, but they do mention factions, and the description in signups certainly indicated that we weren't all town.

It's a very believable thing to miss however, so I'll assume for now that you aren't scum.
Taly has a lotttt of what I think are overreactions and commentary on basically everything that happens in the game and I hate it in my gut but I could see a lot of it just being Taly's personality. I don't like her mention of withholding judgement from N_M and if I had to bet on anyone in the game being a teammate with N_M in particular I'd probably go with Taly but it's very largely a gut read. I also think her screenplay shot felt a little overjustified but to be fair to her screen WAS playing like an enormous pile of anti-town dogshit.

TL;DR:
see my next post it'll be like 2 lines it'll be great
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

people I think are town: bbmolla, vax, light, ausuka, random (if I haven't mentioned them before now the reason I'm townreading them is very obvious)

people who are not scum with not_mafia: theta

people who I think are not town: Taly, Davsto

people I think are not town but also probably not scum with not mafia so maybe this read is kind of dumb but deal with it: TheBrie
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1053, Gammagooey wrote:people I think are town: bbmolla, vax, light, ausuka, *lovebird*, random (if I haven't mentioned them before now the reason I'm townreading them is very obvious)
was dumb and left out bird
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1051, Vaxkiller wrote: Not mafia. I thought about this alot. With us determining his death, it would have been super easy for scum to come in and shoot their partner. I'm highly suspicious of whoever did that (im a little drunk and forget who it was.. look it up)
This was light and the way she did it felt pretty organic and wayyyy better than how Taly acted around N_M imo
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by the worst »

That is some serious fucking townposting and I'm a little bit scared rn
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by the worst »

Honestly yeah I just do not think light is scum at all here. If they are its likely not with NM.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Davsto »

Wtf mom why did you lie about your number of bulletproof shots? Were you trying to out strongmen? Fuck me, no offence but you need to up the fuck out of your towngame

Look Mom was scummy as fuck and despite how they were acting and what they were saying about my scumread if you actually read my posts it goes a lot deeper than just their shot. It's how their initial scumread on me was based on a flimsy buzzword, and it's how they discussed my scumread on them in such a disingenuous way. They ignored points, they "countered" many points by just repeating them in a dismissive tone, they focused on tiny phrases I used and twisted their meaning to something they could scumread rather than looking at context. Like, look at their response to my big post against them - I made point after point, and rather than responding, she found the tiniest thing she could counter the best and picked at that thread.

Anyone saying that I "pushed my case too far for what I had" has clearly not been actually reading my posts closely because I have expressed all of the above except the last sentence. Anyone saying that "I pushed my case too far for what I had" has clearly been skimming my posts, reading Mom's, and assuming what she's arguing against is the entirety of my point. It's not.

I still think Mom is scum tbh and I don't regret the kill at all. The fact that I was wrong doesn't make the arguments I made any less valid. If anyone actually thinks they'll shoot me, please actually read my posts first to see the full argument against Mom in terms of how scummily she argued against me. Ta.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by the worst »

Shld we policyvig passive aggressive sign offs?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Davsto »

Is that talking to me? I'm not signing off. I'm still playing. I just see phrases like this
In post 1041, TheBrie wrote:I think Davsto pushed that case on Mom far too hard for what he had.
And it's very clear that someone hasn't actually been reading my posts. Regardless of whether or not you agree with my reasons, I had a lot of them. I want to make that clear and I want people to actually make an informed decision before shooting me.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by Davsto »

You've gotta sympathise with how frustrated I am right now. I had a myriad of valid reasons to scumread Mom. And they flipped town, big deal, sometimes reads are wrong and town players act scummy. It's just annoying to now see people acting like I had no reasons as if they think my only reason to scumread Mom was her quickshoot when reading my posts makes it clear it's more than that. It really puts down and degrades a scumread I put an awful lot of effort into. I don't mind it being wrong, I mind that everyone is acting like it was nothing.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by the worst »

Oh my comment was a shitpost. Sorry dude. I see where you're coming from.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Post by Toranaga »

43 fucking pages on day 1

jesus christ let's lynch someone already
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 10:48 pm

Post by Toranaga »

actually don't right now, I wanna read stuff

but pls people
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Post by the worst »

There's no lynching just shooting people with fire!!!
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2018 11:57 pm

Post by TheBrie »

I was afraid people would read my hesitance to shoot as scummy. But tthere's about three reasons for it. One, PRICKS people have only been shooting when a PRICKS person is shot (Chickadee excepted. Two, the whole idea of making list abotu who we do and do not want to shoot wasn't mine. (for moment I thought that was Sando, who's dead town now, but I think it was actually StefanB. Three, if there's as many scum as theorized, I had better hit scum, and there are people in the game whose reads I trust better than my own. I hate making decisions alone, unless I'm really sure.

And now you've gone and made me doubt N_M's scummyness. Thanks Vax and Gamma. Now I've got to shoot someone else. You might have a point on Taly, but I don't want to risk it. Going to shoot chickadee I think. I'll just have another look at Davsto before I do.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 1060, Davsto wrote:Is that talking to me? I'm not signing off. I'm still playing. I just see phrases like this
In post 1041, TheBrie wrote:I think Davsto pushed that case on Mom far too hard for what he had.
And it's very clear that someone hasn't actually been reading my posts. Regardless of whether or not you agree with my reasons, I had a lot of them. I want to make that clear and I want people to actually make an informed decision before shooting me.
I read your posts. I just didn't like your arguments. But on looking over them again, I do see a few points that seem more valid than I initally thought. So I'm not killing you today.

And re-reading Chickadee's ISO makes me not want to shoot her either. Why couldn't have Nero Cain done what he was expected instead of shooting Sando? It would have removed this problem.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 12:09 am

Post by TheBrie »

If Chickadee is scum,it's not with Snarky. Not with how she called out his rubbish about not being a BP.
the worst wrote:Honestly yeah I just do not think light is scum at all here. If they are its likely not with NM.
Who is light?
Show

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 12:10 am

Post by the worst »

Wanna chat thru anything TheBrie?

pedit: light_ganski? iirc
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 12:20 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 1061, Davsto wrote:You've gotta sympathise with how frustrated I am right now. I had a myriad of valid reasons to scumread Mom. And they flipped town, big deal, sometimes reads are wrong and town players act scummy. It's just annoying to now see people acting like I had no reasons as if they think my only reason to scumread Mom was her quickshoot when reading my posts makes it clear it's more than that. It really puts down and degrades a scumread I put an awful lot of effort into. I don't mind it being wrong, I mind that everyone is acting like it was nothing.
It wasn't the quick shoot I thought was a bad reason. It was the whole IIoA being irreverent in multi-ball that I thought was rubbish. Not complete rubbish, as it's easier for scum to avoid it, but that doesn't been it's an totally invalid tool. And even as a bad tool, that doesn't mean the person using it is scum, and you were tunnelling he a bit, in my opinion.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 12:24 am

Post by TheBrie »

Oh, Ganski.

What do you think of Davsto, and what do you think of Gamma's reads, and Vax's opion of Random? Because I town read Vax, and am unsure about Gamma. Gamma's reads are rather different to mine, which means either he's scum, or one of us is wrong.
Show

StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 12:31 am

Post by StefanB »

TheBrie: Snarky was a traitor, so his scumteam didn't know he was scum.

Hello Toronga.
I am shocked about Screens flip exspecially.
I wouldn't call Randoms shoot suden, it was promised so long ago, that some people had probably allready forgotten it.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 12:37 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 1072, StefanB wrote:TheBrie: Snarky was a traitor, so his scumteam didn't know he was scum.

Hello Toronga.
I am shocked about Screens flip exspecially.
I wouldn't call Randoms shoot suden, it was promised so long ago, that some people had probably allready forgotten it.
Stupid me. Ignore half of what I say at this time of night. There goes half my reason for not shooting Chickadee. And by POE, she's likely scum.

Agreed about Random's shot being promised.

Shoot: Chickadee
Show

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2018 12:42 am

Post by the worst »

I can take or leave Davsto depeding on how his content progresses. The Mom deathtunnel would be a GREAT smokescreen for scum!sto but in context I actually respect what he did there. The Mom flip was technically reasonably-ok-info wise as well. Probably a tentative townread but I am setting a high as fuck bar. His content needs to actually improve from here.

Not digging the townreads on random much rn. Lurking and sheeping consensus is getting townread 101 esp in multiball when it benefits you to nail scummy players who arent on your squad. Probably a net scumread there and he gutta gooo

Vax is town for the read tho imo

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”