BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:03 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

You're missing the point Byron.

If I wanted to hide/withhold information - why would I state that I am hiding/withholding information? Instead of just hiding/withholding the information without explicitly stating that I am doing so.

Last time I'm asking this before I conclude you're scum who doesn't want to backtrack on a read.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:10 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 125, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're missing the point Byron.

If I wanted to hide/withhold information - why would I state that I am hiding/withholding information? Instead of just hiding/withholding the information without explicitly stating that I am doing so.

Last time I'm asking this before I conclude you're scum who doesn't want to backtrack on a read.
I see it as a taunt. I feel like you were going in on Lefty quite hard, and so you felt it appropriate to essentially say 'hey look at my wagon, I have town info on you but I'm still gonna wagon you anyways'. However from both a town and scum perspective I don't really understand why you'd post that message.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:11 am

Post by ByronVilla »

You wouldn't mind explaining why you made that post would you? That would certainly clear up the confusion around it.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:14 am

Right, so if you can't discern an alignment from that post then I'm gonna need to know why you're voting me.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:15 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 123, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Wave, can you talk about Byron and Invis being in your town reads please?
On Invis I lean town weakly. I don't think scum!Invis makes with no hesitation or qualification the way he did. Not sure what he would stand to gain from it, unless he'd played with me before and knew that I make observations like this

On Byron I lean town sort of strongly. His posts bleed genuine motives. The disagreement he has with you seems to simply be a clash of playstyles. I hate to be THAT guy, but this smells like TvT.
retired...?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 124, ByronVilla wrote:I mean being an ass is a scumtell for me
You should probably work to change that. Very rarely are scum in the assholes.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:16 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 128, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Right, so if you can't discern an alignment from that post then I'm gonna need to know why you're voting me.
I'm not voting you purely based on that one post. I'm voting you based on your general attitude towards the game. Now answer my question please.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:17 am

Post by Gustavo »

For now Byron v bbt is tvt.

I’ve got a good list of town reads so far. We should lynch teacher and go from there.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:19 am

Ah OK. Attitude doesn't make someone scum so you're gonna have to try harder than that.

Thanks for response Wave, I disagree with reasoning on Invis vote as I could easily see it being qualified as RVS.

I disagree on Byron as well - this feels like scum who don't want to backtrack on a read. Trying to stay consistent/how they think they would act as town.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 am

Post by ByronVilla »

BBT, why aren't you answering my question? What would you lose by answering it?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:33 am

I don't lose anything - but I don't gain anything either so...meh.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:36 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 135, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't lose anything - but I don't gain anything either so...meh.
Ok let's put what the town gains/loses. Town gains information, and therefore by you not answering we don't get that information. Overall the town has nothing to lose and everything to gain from you answering the question. Just because you're indifferent it doesn't mean you should put your own indifference in front of giving out information to the town.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:40 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Oh yeah and if you haven't noticed yet, I very much believe the more information the town has the better, and that's my main goal of my mafia games. Get all information possible out and use that to find the scummy stuff lying in it. By not giving out information, you directly clash with my gameplan. D1 especially I feel people need to be a lot more open and express their honest feelings, as that's the best way to find scum, as scum are going to struggle with the whole honesty thing.
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:41 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Oh one more thing before I flood this thread, I'd like to hear a few reads from Tommy and Performer. They've done nothing much and I want to hear what they have to say.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:47 am

Byron trying way too hard to sound town there.

Is it really this easy.

Teacher/Byron/???
ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 am

Post by ByronVilla »

Jesus christ you just love using OMGUS don't you? Learn some respect jesus
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:56 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 133, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Thanks for response Wave, I disagree with reasoning on Invis vote as I could easily see it being qualified as RVS.
I understand that possibility (small as it might be - the wagon was clearly formed for serious reasons), but at the end of the day I'm not claiming it would have gotten him lynched to vote there as scum - I'm just saying he had nothing to *gain*. It would have been a risk for no benefit to vote and offer no dialogue or reasoning there, IMO, as opposed to giving some reasoning and attempting to look like a contributing townie. UNLESS, as I said, it was a 5D chess move to fool the observant. In my experience this flips town 8 times out of 10
In post 133, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I disagree on Byron as well - this feels like scum who don't want to backtrack on a read. Trying to stay consistent/how they think they would act as town.
Oh, come on now, be objective. Does this REALLY read to you like a push for your throat? What does scum gain from , making points that he himself admits (several times, in other posts) are not necessarily scummy but anti-town? "scum who don't want to backtrack on a read" ehhh byron was not under any pressure to start taking shots at you. He created this whole stink unprompted. If he's scum here, he must think he can not only get you lynched but also recover from your town flip afterward. But he's not playing to that objective whatsoever. He seems to just really want to know what the fuck is up with your read lol. Usually once I reach the position of "if this person were scum, he'd have to actually just be fucking retarded" I set them aside. Like,
maaaaaayyyybeeee
but we can deal with him later if he is. In my experience this flips town 99 times out of 100
retired...?
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 89, Tchill13 wrote:i was addressing this interaction from invisibility. its easy to spew town this early on a stance like that. It's not "fluff". It's invisibility purposefully looking town. tbh i believe scum have more to gain from spewing town early and seek to do so more than actual townies.
Wouldn't Town say the same thing on that topic? So the difference is people not mentioning it and (from you pov) Invis going out of their way to say it?
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 91, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 84, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:There may be something that tells me you're town - but I want to ignore it for now.
@BBT lefty is either scum or new town. New scum would react the same way though. I dont think his reaction is AI. Scum would surely know the 1st wagon never goes through and would welcome it instead of fighting it so meticulously. That's the only reason i'd lean town on lefty. Not saying i lean town on lefty yet for the record.
Lots of words to hedge on a null read.
Tommy Egan
Tommy Egan
Townie
Tommy Egan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Tommy Egan »

In post 63, Tchill13 wrote:im not a fan of things that are easy tpo say for ppl to look town. especially early.
I agree with this, problem with it is your post looks LAMIST to me here. You're actually fallingfoul of what you're arguing against.

In post 77, Gosrir Elmer Odels wrote:
BBT's signature wrote:Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
I agree with this. But then why this:
In post 45, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Unfortunately, secret alts are all over the place. I'd sooner policy lynch em all!
This is a good point that you ignored BBT could you answer this question?
In post 91, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 84, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:There may be something that tells me you're town - but I want to ignore it for now.
@BBT lefty is either scum or new town. New scum would react the same way though. I dont think his reaction is AI. Scum would surely know the 1st wagon never goes through and would welcome it instead of fighting it so meticulously. That's the only reason i'd lean town on lefty. Not saying i lean town on lefty yet for the record.
Are you saying that town wouldn't do that?

In post 104, Gustavo wrote:btw in the otter v penguin discussion, hands down otters. They are just so damn cute
Not a chance in hell unless you're scum. Town are penguins 100% of the time.

In post 121, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I second Gustavo's question.
I don't like this, looks like it could come from a scum!BBT buddying a town!Gus

VOTE: tchill I don't like that he was lamist in a post about being anti lamist then said only scum wouldn't contest an early wagon on them.

This games a weird one, on one hand some people have gotten too deep too early and on the other some are stuck in RVS.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 118, wavemode wrote:
wavemode

BlueBloodedToffee

Garmr

Lefty

ByronVilla

Invisibility

Gustavo
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Nosferatu
Performer
Tchill13
Tommy Egan
teacher
Can you explain why you have Teacher & TChill so low?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:09 am

Post by wavemode »

I have no particular reason to townread Tchill at the moment, nor teacher
retired...?
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Lefty »

Byron/BBT looks like Town to me. I get where Byron is coming from but BBT strikes me as a player who likes to be contrary, and I don't see the motive for scum to put attention on themselves for intentionally doing things that can be seen as negative.

I'm gut scum reading Gustavo right now.

pedit - @Wavemod - so POE?
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 132, Gustavo wrote:For now Byron v bbt is tvt.

I’ve got a good list of town reads so far. We should lynch teacher and go from there.
Mind sharing that list?
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:16 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 144, Tommy Egan wrote:This games a weird one, on one hand some people have gotten too deep too early and on the other some are stuck in RVS.
Blame the new guy :P
still trying to get a feel/the hang of playing on MS.
fwiw I thought this was a good post

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”