BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:45 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I like aggressive players.

What I meant by that comment is I feel like you're quite an emotional player - but your playstyle/posting this game isn't matching that at all (except maybe your push on performer which you have clearly taken exception to).

Even when I naked voted you and antagonized you, you kind of just side-stepped me. I don't think you would do that as town.

PEdit - Nope TChill - I don't think a Lefty wagon is even remotely possible at this point. That's your second hint.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Tchill13 »

i dont like the logical point ftr. i understand scum can be logical but you're beating that to death and it almost seems like you are determined to scum read him. i'd be careful with that.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Invisibility »

i reread gus vs lefty and now i'm just confused
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am

Post by Tchill13 »

active lurking would be my second guess? refusal to participate in discussion but will comment when its over.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Lefty »

That’s fair TChill. I’ll leave it for now and let others weigh in

Regardless if I’m right or wrong on Gus, there’s still more scum to catch.

P-edit: Nah I’m not determined. His posts have just pinged me since game start and him arguing that his stances are “correct” in a vacuum doesn’t sway me at all. I feel that’s exactly the position scum would take.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 am

Invis, talk about how Lefty is looking worse from the Gus convo?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 375, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Even when I naked voted you and antagonized you, you kind of just side-stepped me. I don't think you would do that as town.
I don’t really pay attention to naked votes. You wouldn’t tell me your reasons for your other vote so there was no point in asking why you voted me.

I also dropped you down from my town list back to null due to you being antagonistic. I’m surprised you didn’t pick up on that. I don’t feel you’ve been acting townie at all but you haven’t done anything scummy. It’s just you being an asshole. Now earlier you were an asshole to somebody else, but when I try to be polite and engaging you were an asshole to me. That’s not how town should play the game imo.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Lefty »

Then again maybe the scummy looking folk really are just bad scum and I’m actively stopping that progress. For that, I’ll lay off Gus and see what else develops.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 380, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Invis, talk about how Lefty is looking worse from the Gus convo?
i was thinking that Lefty was accusing Gus of taking easy shots but i'm pretty sure that's not what he was saying?
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Invisibility »

i actually think Lefty's town now
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 377, Invisibility wrote:i reread gus vs lefty and now i'm just confused
So in a short time I was guy ping. Then you felt worse about lefty, and now you are confused?

This progression doesn’t make sense.

How about you verbalize it. Jot your thoughts about what you’ve read between us pointing out what you like and don’t like.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:53 am

In post 378, Tchill13 wrote:active lurking would be my second guess? refusal to participate in discussion but will comment when its over.
There was talk between Lefty/Gus about going against the grain/targeting easy players and how it makes you town/scum.

Then Invis comments and is like 'Oh yeah, Lefty looks bad from that Gus convo' when I don't think a single person (at least not active) is scum reading Lefty.

Was Invis making an attempt to go against the grain to look town?
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Goon
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Gosrir Elmer Odels »

In post 287, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 285, Gosrir Elmer Odels wrote: I expected an earlier correction. He spent too much time in that awkward position to be scum.
That doesn't really answer my statement regarding your BV read. He still changed the read when pressure subsided.

Also, what was awkward about his position?
It's that he was kind of pushing you & kind of not pushing you at the same time, as I've already said. I feel like if you don't get it, I'm not explaining myself well.
Here's a RL example what the exchange reminded me of: if you're familiar with partner dancing, you know that the follow's elbows are supposed to only move up & down, but not a lot back & forth. If her shoulders are flimsy, you essentially
lose contact
, & life gets infinitely more difficult (for turns as such.) It doesn't really work because in this case BV is supposed to be somehow both the lead & the one with the flimsy shoulders, but it still might communicate the idea better. My point is that if you want to look good, you try to avoid this situation when you're in the spotlight. BV didn't.
In post 339, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 336, Tchill13 wrote:BBT how many town do you think is in (Byron/invis/lefty)?

how many scum do you think is in (Nosferatu/Teacher/performer/tommy egan)

just numbers are fine.
ACTUALLY anybody is more than welcome to answer this.
2, maybe 3. I feel good about Invisibility. I need to reread the whole Gus vs Lefty exchange because it sort of went over my head.
2? I don't feel like Teacher & Performer would be scumbuddies. Tommy makes me a bit anxious, Nos a lot less so. I didn't really have problems with his post.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 383, Invisibility wrote:
In post 380, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Invis, talk about how Lefty is looking worse from the Gus convo?
i was thinking that Lefty was accusing Gus of taking easy shots but i'm pretty sure that's not what he was saying?
That’s exactly what he was saying. He even admitted it
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 386, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 378, Tchill13 wrote:active lurking would be my second guess? refusal to participate in discussion but will comment when its over.
There was talk between Lefty/Gus about going against the grain/targeting easy players and how it makes you town/scum.

Then Invis comments and is like 'Oh yeah, Lefty looks bad from that Gus convo' when I don't think a single person (at least not active) is scum reading Lefty.

Was Invis making an attempt to go against the grain to look town?
And now the backtrack by him
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

TChill - tell me you still think Invis is town.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 388, Gustavo wrote:
In post 383, Invisibility wrote:
That’s exactly what he was saying. He even admitted it
as i've said, i'm having trouble comprehending things
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:58 am

GEO - you don't think scum do what BV did? Kind of push someone but not push them enough so they are in the spotlight upon the flip?

For example, let's just say that the BV push had picked up steam but it was someone else who used BVs post as the catalyst to push me. They continue to push me and lynch me and thus the spotlight falls on the person who drove the wagon to lynch - not the person who planted the seed.

There is a proverb for this I'm sure but can't think of it to save my life.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 392, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:you don't think scum do what BV did? Kind of push someone but not push them enough so they are in the spotlight upon the flip?
yes but what you're still not seeing is that his play and rhetoric does not at all line up with this objective, as I've explained repeatedly

let me get caught up here
retired...?
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Goon
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 am

@BBT: Yeah, I'd even said that that was why I originally voted him. Scum wants to do what you described, you're absolutely right. But it couldn't have worked after there was already a wagon on BV. He was already in the spotlight, & he stayed there. That's my point. I think scum!BV would've broken off or began a real push against you asap. That didn't happen.
I mean, the scenario you're talking about works when scum isn't the creepy guy around the mislynch wagon, right? So why would scum continue the same strategy when they're already the creepy guy around the wagon?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 am

Let's say BV had got the better of the BV vs BBT discussion -is he still the creepy guy on the wagon?

Or is he only the creepy guy on the wagon because I exposed his push as being what it was - awful.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 am

Post by wavemode »

VOTE: performer

reasonably likely this is scum

still reading
retired...?
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Goon
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:26 am

@BBT: I don't think I understand the question.

Here's how I see it: BV did this scummy thing pushing your wagon, the thing you described in . He gets called out for it. So the plan is futsch at that point because we're all paying attention to him. Yet he keeps on doing the same thing for about two more pages in the same manner. That last part is what I think is town. Scum would've made an explicit push (maybe on you, maybe on someone else) or made some excuse to backdown or something. Anything is better & more natural to scum than what BV did.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:27 am

Did he not double down on the push by continuing to push it over the next page or two?

You're arguing that he didn't continue the push and did continue the push at the same time. They can't both be true.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:29 am

In post 397, Gosrir Elmer Odels wrote:@BBT: I don't think I understand the question.
What I'm saying is if the push on me had been successful would he still be the creepy guy on the wagon or would you have had a different perception of him?

I'm saying he is only seen as the creepy on the wagon because I exposed his push as being bad.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”