Newbie 1874 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:30 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 100, OnlyIAmMe wrote:
vote:fchariot
Why is fchariot scum?
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 122, Draynth wrote:Was this seriously saying I'm scum or partly RVS?
If not serious who is actually scum?
If serious why am I scum?
I thought you as a more experienced player on this site would handle the pressure better than a newbie might. ;)
No idea who is scum yet, but I think my latest post includes the three slots that should be pressured for now.
Not serious in the sense that I would have reasoning yet..obviously. :facepalm:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 124, Draynth wrote:UNVOTE: Lefty
(was RVS)
...and apparently you should be included in the "slots to be pressured" now.. :igmeou:
I expect you to keep your vote somewhere at all times in this state of the game..
Only reason to simply unvote here, is if someone was at a speedy L-1, and you want to avoid accidental hammers.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 127, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 124, Draynth wrote:UNVOTE: Lefty
(was RVS)
...and apparently you should be included in the "slots to be pressured" now.. :igmeou:
I expect you to keep your vote somewhere at all times in this state of the game..
Only reason to simply unvote here, is if someone was at a speedy L-1, and you want to avoid accidental hammers.
It's a pointless vote that I have no reason or desire to push
I disagree with having your vote somewhere at all times, it loses it's meaning and emphasis for when it's actually a valuable tool
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:50 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 128, Draynth wrote:I disagree with having your vote somewhere at all times, it loses it's meaning and emphasis for when it's actually a valuable tool
Like I said, at this specific moment, I believe we need to have our votes fielded all the time.
But I guess we can agree to disagree on that then. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
KernelRunaway
KernelRunaway
Townie
KernelRunaway
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 pm

Post by KernelRunaway »

Thanks for the responses on nolynch. Wasn't suggesting, was just curious. Game seems a bit sluggish.

Do have some reads to present as promised, would like to see something from Iconium or their replacement as well.
FChariot
FChariot
Townie
FChariot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:41 am

Post by FChariot »

In post 123, UnaBombaH wrote:
@FChariot
- why did you unvote Lefty? :igmeou:
Just thought Lefty was more townlike :neutral:
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:12 am

Post by stan1ey »

i think Draynth is town. also i will be more active from now onwards ive been away from home but im going home later tonight
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:23 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

I voted fchariot because of their bw on lefty, and then their previous posts. I'm not unvoting just because they seem new. Fchariot, do you play tos ranked? Why do you think wagonning in tos helps town?
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:27 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Would some consider what I am doing active lurking? Sometimes I feel i don't post enough, but it's pretty hard to comment on things. I was never a good scumhunter.
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:29 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

I don't know what to make of UnaBombaH. I've only played with them as a SE. I have to reread the game we played together when I get time. I'll post it here when i get time.
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=76009, Newbie 1865. We were both VT.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 123, UnaBombaH wrote:
@FChariot
- why did you unvote Lefty? :igmeou:

@Ircher
- what made you think the post you quoted is scummy? :]

@Lefty
- your vote towards me included a "choo choo", implying you did it for the sake of wagoning.
Was that your biggest motivation?
Do you think there's any merit in pointing out that first you and Ircher were both on FC, and now on me? :]
Pressure/content generation. The FC wagon was crawling and not many were talking about, so a new direction could be productive. Additionally what I pointed out earlier could be something that I wanna delve into.

Sure, there’s merit to pointing out anything you think is worth while. What do you make of us both voting together on two different wagons?
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:52 am

Post by stan1ey »

In post 137, Lefty wrote:What do you make of us both voting together on two different wagons?
what is this referring to?
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Lefty »

To me and Ircher both voting FChariot and now UnaBombaH.

Una asked if I thought it was worth mentioning, so I’m asking what he thinks of it since he brought it up.
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:07 am

Post by stan1ey »

right i see. thats NAI this early in day 1. @UnaBombaH why did you bring that up?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Ircher »

1. In :
KernelRunaway wrote:Are there any benefits to a nolynch on D1?
Not in a newbie game.

The main reason to no lynch in any normalish game of mafia (i.e.: no super wacky mechanics) is to bring the game to odds (i.e.: odd number of players) in the day, especially when it is known there is no vigilante or other role that will cause the number of players to become odd from even over the night. Furthermore, no lynch is only done on evens if there is no confirmed innocent alive; it is pointless to no lynch if there is a confirmed innocent alive because said innocent will be killed by the mafia over night. This leads to basically the same game state, but one no longer has the confirmed innocent's opinion. (Basically, from an EV/probability standpoint, town's chances of winning increase significantly when there are an odd number of players alive during the day.)

2. In :
Lefty wrote:You haven’t commented on it either way but you voted Draynth as a kickstarter and then ask for people just to vote someone, anyone. So you haven’t stood against it directly but you’ve twice promoted activity in a different direction. I felt it was worth pointing out.
(I agree with this statement.)

3. In :
UnaBombaH wrote:I do want everyone to vote someone, or the other way around, ANYONE.
That is the foundation on which we can build this game - we need to force people to vote, have interactions, push or defend others.
What you are doing towards me is a good start, but we need others to chime in on these actions as well. :]
I still think you are side-stepping the question being raised; while you haven't explicitly stated you are against the FChariot wagon, you are heavily implying it by 1) voting Draynth 2) ignoring the FChariot wagon and 3) Asking everyone to vote someone, but once again, you pursue your lone read on Draynth rather than engaging the people who were voting FChariot.
Why do your actions suggest that you are against the FChariot wagon?

4. In :
UnaBombaH wrote:@Ircher - what made you think the post you quoted is scummy? :]
It's not the best of reasons (at all), but it basically boils down to I think you are focused more on
looking town
versus being town and scumhunting. My vote goes further than that one post; your behavior this game has been strange to say the least, and my primary concern with you is the way you were acting (and are kinda continuing to act) around the FChariot wagon (though the wagon kinda disappeared).

5. In :
UnaBombaH wrote:No idea who is scum yet, but I think my latest post includes the three slots that should be pressured for now.
(Referring to ): This statement pings me. When you say that Lefty, FChariot, and me should be pressured right now, do you mean that you think we may be scum, and you are looking into that possibility, or are you saying that you wish to have a discussion about our reads and thoughts on the game state? Because if you mean the latter, I think you are misusing the term "pressure" (though I will admit it is not formally well-defined) as to me, pressuring someone generally means you think someone has a higher probability than most people to be scum, but you do not have enough evidence at the moment to back up said opinion, so you pressure them to get more information and evidence and to see if your conjecture (as I will call it) is correct.

6. In :
UnaBombaH wrote:...and apparently you should be included in the "slots to be pressured" now.. :igmeou:
(In response to ): It is by no means inherently scummy to unvote, and I don't see why it is an issue for town to unvote when they feel their original read was wrong but are not sure of a better place for their vote. Now, obviously, I expect for Draynth to vote someone else soonish, but I don't see anything wrong or scummy about Draynth unvoting for the time being.

7. In :
OnlyIAmMe wrote:Would some consider what I am doing active lurking? Sometimes I feel i don't post enough, but it's pretty hard to comment on things. I was never a good scumhunter.
It is really hard to say at the moment. To an extent, I think we could say that you are active lurking, but whether said statement really means anything at the current stage is unlikely. (I.e.: The fact that you
may
be active lurking is more or less meaningless right now.)

For now, I think I still really like my vote on UnaBombaH. (I am mainly reiterating this so that everyone else realizes this is a fairly serious and somewhat substantial vote compared to some other votes that have been made this game.)
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by Lefty »

Gonna slot Ircher as a TR
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by Huntress »

I'm looking for a replacement for Iconeum. If he posts before I find someone he can keep the spot.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 142, Lefty wrote:Gonna slot Ircher as a TR
Doesn't ease my feelings towards you at all. :]
High potential for scum!Lefty now.

VOTE: Lefty
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 137, Lefty wrote:What do you make of us both voting together on two different wagons?
Just wanted to point it out.
Sometimes it helps others later when we try to check for voting patterns and wagons.
Sometimes it stops a trend before it gets out of hand.
I have a few ideas myself.

It's obviously too early to tell what your intentions actually are/were, but I can outline a few simple scenarios.

1. You are scum, trying to please Ircher. Pocketing/sheeping are some of the terms we use on this site, and your actions so far fit both bills to an extent. :]

2. You are scum/town, and your actions are NAI, (not alignment-indicative), but they are a tell that you are new, and afraid to make your own decisions.

3. You are both scum with Ircher, and aim to play with minimal distance. Meaning that you vote the same slots, and react on things at similar paces.
People on this site often assume that scum always play so that they aren't "obvious partners", and thus forget that sometimes being openly on the same page means that the scumteam is coordinating their moves on purpose.
Remember that the scumteam has a private topic where they can discuss during day and night without the rest of us knowing.
:]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:06 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 140, stan1ey wrote:right i see. thats NAI this early in day 1. @UnaBombaH why did you bring that up?
How can you be so confident in saying that it's NAI? :]
Don't you think it depends on the player voting/being voted too?
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.5
UnaBombaH (2) - Ircher, Lefty
FChariot (1) - OnlyIAmMe
Draynth (1) - KernelRunaway
OnlyIAmMe (1) - stan1ey
Iconeum (1) - FChariot
Lefty (1) - UnaBombaH

Not voting (2) - Draynth, Iconeum

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Saturday, 23rd June, 9.30 am BST, (in (expired on 2018-06-23 09:30:00)).

In post 51, Huntress wrote:
JUST A REMINDER:
In post 1, Huntress wrote:10. ... Also, please ensure that any colours you use show up clearly in both the MafSilver and MafBlack themes.
The colour used in post cannot be easily read with the MafSilver theme.
This also applies to post .
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 141, Ircher wrote:Why do your actions suggest that you are against the FChariot wagon?
I don't think my actions should ever suggest such a thing! :lol:

I think you are reading too much into my actions, or at least interpreting them falsely.
I obviously appreciate people trying to generate/force content as it helps us all in the long run, but you and Lefty seem to have been on the same wavelength from the get go.
And since I know your interpretation is flawed, it obviously comes across poorly.. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 147, Huntress wrote:
In post 51, Huntress wrote:
JUST A REMINDER:
In post 1, Huntress wrote:10. ... Also, please ensure that any colours you use show up clearly in both the MafSilver and MafBlack themes.
The colour used in post cannot be easily read with the MafSilver theme.
This also applies to post .
Sorry, this was obviously not intentional! I must have missed your previous post regarding this.. :?
I hope this color is a better fit.
Although it seems like this lot doesn't require much handholding - our SEs seem to be actively answering questions too!
:]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”