zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 373, Brian Skies wrote:She followed up on this and scumread Dunn though.
not really, but i suppose you could argue she did
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 370, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:Anyway I think for a townie the natural reaction to getting suddenly wagoned like that is to assume there's scum on their wagon and you're already working on finding said scum, so maybe im wrong here.
UNVOTE:
Well in Necro, there wound up being two wolves on my wagon, both of them were just sheeping and one of them in particular didn’t even bother giving a reason for it. That’s one of the reasons I excluded Moment as a possibility because if there’s a wolf on my wagon, it’s likely to be someone who is sheeping and probably opportunistic.
Wolves don’t usually push d1 wagons, due to the much greater chance to mislynch.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 375, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 373, Brian Skies wrote:She followed up on this and scumread Dunn though.
not really, but i suppose you could argue she did
Oh, you're right.

Still don't really have an issue with that in particular, and like Ginngie said, she could still be working through it?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 359, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I hate mislynches, so I would rather sort someone like her out. That’s why I didn’t include in her in the most likely list of possible wolves on my wagon because I have no doubt that the scum vote(s) on me is most likely an opportunistic vote.
i don't really think this makes sense, either

she has to sort out all three of the people she listed anyway, so the first sentence isn't a good reason

the second sentence might explain it if she thought like that, but it just seems like an assertion based on nothing
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i have an innate bias against people who use words like opportunistic to describe votes, so take things i say with a grain of salt i suppose
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 379, zMuffinMan wrote:i have an innate bias against people who use words like opportunistic to describe votes, so take things i say with a grain of salt i suppose
I was actually caught as scum before cuz I did just that >_>

this game requires reading

and i'm like tired but awake

We need to make an app that reads posts for us so I can just audio the thread while I go to sleep lmao
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 372, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 365, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 362, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 356, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I think at least one of Dunn, Nos, Kat is possibly a wolf
the language here is interesting
How so?
"possibly" is a weak word
especially when combined with "at least"

(ignoring any other issues i might have with that statement, such as why she didn't include kaede or why she picked three names and made no conclusion about which one she thought was most likely or anything)
Possibly is a weak word and for good reason because I don’t like to use strong words unless I’m sure. I did feel more strongly that Brian, Moment or Kaede weren’t likely to be them and Kaede has already validated my reason for excluding her because her vote on me was a reaction test not opportunistic.

I was the most sus on Dunn because he had been aggressively scumreading others. What I am trying to reconcile is his “don’t overestimate us” comment with his vote still being on me. Why? With that statement he is clearly expressing doubt about his vote so him leaving it on me, would clearly be a contradiction.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 374, Ginngie wrote:I wouldn't call it fence sitting because that is a pool of suspects that nancy is interested in.
it's not fence-sitting - fence-sitting would be someone who's unable to decide (e.g. someone weighing up the pros and cons of something but being unable to decide which is more likely)

what she did is just a lack of commitment
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 370, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:Anyway I think for a townie the natural reaction to getting suddenly wagoned like that is to assume there's scum on their wagon and you're already working on finding said scum, so maybe im wrong here
heh
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 372, zMuffinMan wrote:such as why she didn't include kaede or why she picked three names and made no conclusion about which one she thought was most likely or anything
In post 356, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Looking at the votes on me, I dislike Dunnstral’s ISO the most.
I think at least one of Dunn, Nos, Kat is possibly a wolf.
In post 359, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Dunn’s ISO seems to be full of weird posts, like demanding Grape self-vote (trying to hard to look town), Insisting, rather than speculating that Mastina’s claim has to be fake and aggressively pushing Wisdom lynch. All of this before opportunistically sheeping onto my wagon.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 367, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Do you think I’m incorrect about this and that my wagon is 100% town? Because that would definitely be a first
a. no, this would not be "a first" (maybe for you, but a 6-person all-town wagon with 17 alive in a 14:3 game isn't so rare that you should be amazed that it could happen)
b. no, i don't think that. i don't currently think the three people you listed are likely to be scum, but i also don't think your wagon is (was) all town (regardless of your alignment)

@brian,

like i said, arguably you could call that a scum read, but i don't really think it is

what do you think of post #363 (both in the context of what you just said and just as a general post)?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 378, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 359, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I hate mislynches, so I would rather sort someone like her out. That’s why I didn’t include in her in the most likely list of possible wolves on my wagon because I have no doubt that the scum vote(s) on me is most likely an opportunistic vote.
i don't really think this makes sense, either

she has to sort out all three of the people she listed anyway, so the first sentence isn't a good reason

the second sentence might explain it if she thought like that, but it just seems like an assertion based on nothing
How does this not make sense? I gave one reason for whom I excluded, Yes it doesn’t specifically relate to the 3 votes I was most sus about other than the fact I wasn’t scumreading her before her vote on me, so it would make no sense to suddenly scumread her solely based on that.

That second comment of yours is, no offense but ludicrous. Scum votes are very frequently opportunistic votes. Are you seriously asserting that scum votes aren’t ususually opportunistic votes? This comment is either illogical or sus because it makes absolutely no sense.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 379, zMuffinMan wrote:i have an innate bias against people who use words like opportunistic to describe votes, so take things i say with a grain of salt i suppose
Do we have a possible misunderstanding based on semantics? Because “opportunistic” is exactly the correct word to describe the two scum votes on me in Necro.

Both wolves were knowingly jumping on a bad wagon in order to have a mislynch. That is the very epitome of opportunistic!
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 386, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Are you seriously asserting that scum votes aren’t usually opportunistic votes?
yes (but i can't be sure you're using the same definition of "opportunistic" as i am so this seems like a pointless discussion). though it depends on the player and the context of any given vote in any given game, i suppose

i have an aversion to words like "opportunistic" because they can be used to describe _anything_ with the right spin. it's a vague umbrella word and bad for communication that requires specificity
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 387, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Do we have a possible misunderstanding based on semantics? Because “opportunistic” is exactly the correct word to describe the two scum votes on me in Necro.

Both wolves were knowingly jumping on a bad wagon in order to have a mislynch. That is the very epitome of opportunistic!
Alright, I can see that. I have seen wolves misuse that word, so fair enough.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 385, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 367, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Do you think I’m incorrect about this and that my wagon is 100% town? Because that would definitely be a first
what do you think of post #363 (both in the context of what you just said and just as a general post)?
In post 363, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 352, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 349, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:assuming town is smart enough to not mislynch me
Don't overestimate us
If you truly believe this then why is your vote still on me? Maybe you aren’t the wolf on my wagon? But why would you be so quick to vote me then?
It's a very confusing post.

However, if I break it down, I assume what Dunn intends to mean is that if Nancy is indeed town, that he doesn't really think town should be expected to realize that she could be a bad lynch and not mislynch her.

Her immediate reaction seems fine, as she questions the sentiment, especially if Nancy thinks Dunn admitted to thinking she's mislynch bait. The third question follows up on her suspicion. The big issue I have is the second question, because it has this weird conflict where she considers him to be town, and I don't know why it's there.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 388, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 386, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Are you seriously asserting that scum votes aren’t usually opportunistic votes?
yes (but i can't be sure you're using the same definition of "opportunistic" as i am so this seems like a pointless discussion). though it depends on the player and the context of any given vote in any given game, i suppose

i have an aversion to words like "opportunistic" because they can be used to describe _anything_ with the right spin. it's a vague umbrella word and bad for communication that requires specificity
I mean that scum is obviously not voting for genuine pro-town reasons. That is specifically what I meant by “opportunistic”.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

It's also possible that the last two questions in are actually supposed to be one train of thought, and it would make sense to me that way.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

the first question i'm mostly ignoring (because dunn's post was clearly a joke and she seems to be misinterpreting it). the second question is the bad one, yes. the third question is bad in the context of the second (IMO). the first question is bad in the context of the second as well
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't particularly feel like breaking this down into very minor details and explaining specifically what i don't like, so i will just float this out there and you can say whether you see why i might think this:

i currently think the most likely scum team is nancy-kaede-ginngie

subject to change on a whim if i feel like it
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 381, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:he had been aggressively scumreading others
Once again, this didn't happen
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 390, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 385, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 363, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 352, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 349, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:assuming town is smart enough to not mislynch me
Don't overestimate us
If you truly believe this then why is your vote still on me? Maybe you aren’t the wolf on my wagon? But why would you be so quick to vote me then?
It's a very confusing post.

However, if I break it down, I assume what Dunn intends to mean is that if Nancy is indeed town, that he doesn't really think town should be expected to realize that she could be a bad lynch and not mislynch her.

Her immediate reaction seems fine, as she questions the sentiment, especially if Nancy thinks Dunn admitted to thinking she's mislynch bait. The third question follows up on her suspicion. The big issue I have is the second question, because it has this weird conflict where she considers him to be town, and I don't know why it's there.
If by his statement he is actually doubting his vote, was my initial interpretation of his comment. I didn’t think of the way you interpreted it but in either case, his comment doesn’t look good on him if he doesn’t remove his vote. It seems like it could possibly viewed as possible fallback for when he anticipates me flipping town. You OTOH, did not do that. You see my point here? I think I may be right. You are questioning, which I expect town to do, where as he already seems to be anticipating my flip and how to spin it, if your interpretation of his post is the correct one. I suppose I could be reaching here but I thought it was a strange comment to make because he was addressing me like he knew I was town.

@Dunnstral which is it? Are you doubting your vote on me or is it a fallback because you already know what my flip will be?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 393, zMuffinMan wrote:the first question i'm mostly ignoring (because dunn's post was clearly a joke and she seems to be misinterpreting it). the second question is the bad one, yes. the third question is bad in the context of the second (IMO). the first question is bad in the context of the second as well
I really don’t think I am misinterpreting it. He would not have made that post if he was 100% confident of his vote. Even if it was a “joke”, it clearly read to me that he read me as town. Why even make such a statement in that specific context otherwise? Why are you not even considering this?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 394, zMuffinMan wrote:i don't particularly feel like breaking this down into very minor details and explaining specifically what i don't like, so i will just float this out there and you can say whether you see why i might think this:

i currently think the most likely scum team is nancy-kaede-ginngie

subject to change on a whim if i feel like it
I'm okay with these reads.

My lynchpool is currently <Dunn, Hebi, Kaede, Nancy> with Ginn as a 'meh' read. Hebi I still think is an easy target. I do think Ginn's reaction to Moment is a little overblown.

Spoiler: Actual List of Reads That I'm Still Working On
My Hydra Partner
zMuffinMan

Town
Purrcocet
Human Sequencer
grapes
Nosferatu
Kokichi Oma
andriod18

Looks Town But I'm Super Unsure
Moment

Not Getting Lynched Today
mastina

Meh
Katsuki
Wisdom
Ginngie

Desired Lynches
Dunnstral
Kaede Akamatsu
hebichan
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

VOTE: Dunnstral
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”