Newbie 1874 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

Guys, you can't all be scum.. :lol:
You've all been dancing around the subject, yet none of you is willing to accept the obvious fact.
I SHOULD NEVER BE THE LYNCH HERE, AS I WILL DEFINITELY BE NK'd sooner or later. I will not make it to LyLo, and I'm fine with that.

In post 280, Lefty wrote:Oh hey, we agree some more. Una is gonna flip lol
Sooner or later yes.
SHOULDN'T BE TODAY THOUGH.
In post 281, Ircher wrote:@UnaBombaH: While I don't want to over-rush you, you really only have until the end of tomorrow to finish your ISOs.
Oh, really no problem there.
I'll be finished before lunch today. ;)
In post 282, Ircher wrote:
In post 280, Lefty wrote:Oh hey, we agree some more. Una is gonna flip lol
(Pro Tip: It's okay to reevaluate at times. In fact, now might be a good time to do so just to make sure you aren't tunneling.)
One more reason to townread Ircher.
In post 283, Lefty wrote:I am fine lynching them and being wrong, tbh, because a lot of their points against me read like he’s making it up as he goes and is giving more speculation than casing me on actual things I’ve done.
Did you even read what I wrote about your ISO last page? No speculation there, I had very clear connections between certain posts that pinged me as scum.
So even if you know from town!Lefty PoV that I'm wrong, it doesn't mean I haven't given valid reasons to scumread you.
In fact - I do not deny that my play this game has been something that can be interpreted at scummy/dodgy/lazy, whatever.

I just deny some certain aspects that Lefty has used as the basis of their scumcase on me. :]
In post 284, Myloninja13 wrote:I don't really have statistics for this, but I'm thinking I've found a few things I can pin down to town!Una.
If you really read more than one of my games, you might actually have a solid read on WHY this is my towngame.
I've left hints, believe me, it's there..
In post 286, stan1ey wrote:Was meant to post a reply and not just quote.. Im happy with lynching Una, unless he claims a PR then we shouldnt. the reason i asked if he gets lynched a lot day 1 is because his attitude this entire game has suggested that he knows something we dont.
OK, assume I am town and do know something you do not..! :nerd:
In post 291, stan1ey wrote:Right, so you agree with me, what i am saying is, IF una was town he would also agree with me and wouldnt be waiting for intent he would just claim now as this benefits town the most, and since he has not done so we can conclude he is mafia and still lynch him when he eventually claims a PR
No, this is flawed.
Believe me (or at least Ircher)..
In post 293, Ircher wrote:it is fair for UnaBombaH to wait for someone to give intent before claiming as town!Una doesn't want to have to claim if they don't have to. (It gives mafia more info.)
This.

In post 293, Ircher wrote:If anything, scum!Una has way more incentive to claim than town!Una does because it is obvious that if Una stalls to deadline, Una will be lynched, no questions asked.
AND THIS.

I would never play like this as the designated IC "for fun". :facepalm:
This hasn't been "fun" for me. (at least so far)
CAN WE JUST NOT FORCE ME TO CLAIM NOW, AND LEAVE THE WIFOM TO SCUM?
:yawn:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

Ircher is next in line for ISOs based on post count, but I'm not gonna nitpick them at this point.
They are so obv.town now that if they make it to LyLo, THEN it's time to reread them and reconsider. :lol:
Otherwise just read what they say, and try to learn from there.
And no, they weren't obv.town from the get go, but they literally spewed town the last few pages. Like literally such obvious town!PoV that it's either top-notch fake or just town.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by Lefty »

Considering you read thru my ISO earlier, there’s one thing I’d like you most to address, which I’ve already asked once for.

You said that I was attempting to buddy/pocket Ircher by following/agreeing with them. I want you to show me the posts that gave you that impression, because I think it clearly contradicts the truth that has happened in the game.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by Lefty »

I also don’t understand why you keep mentioning you being the IC as is there’s any sort of basis to you being SR for that reason.

You’re as likely as anyone to be scum, and no one has once said that because you’re the IC that you are suspicious.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 31, OnlyIAmMe wrote:vote:draynth because why not
Simple enough RvS.
In post 55, OnlyIAmMe wrote:This day one seems to be very slow.
..and simply saying it doesn't help us much. :]
In post 77, OnlyIAmMe wrote:@draynth My vote was RVS, I was not saying you were scum. What do i think of the lefty/ircher interaction? Ircher's boldness feels town, as do lefty's posts.
+
In post 81, OnlyIAmMe wrote:
unvote
because draynth is seeming more town. Would vote fc but I don't like the idea of lynching when not all people have had a chance to speak.
..seem very bad on hindsight actually.
OIaM seems very defensive on the first one, and then decides to unvote "under the pressure". Somehow I missed this with all the "1v1" with Lefty.. :?
^^This might be the most usual tell for a newbie!scum I usually see too, so I really should've noticed it.
Also to note - see how OIaM LITERALLY avoids the FC-wagon? (@Lefty - that is what it actually looks like :P )
In post 83, OnlyIAmMe wrote:I played one game as vt and got replaced in another, used to play tos but that's it.
..so we really have to keep the newbie-aspect in our minds when reading him. :]
I actually think OIaM has been in a game with me already, I'll check that at the end of this ISO-dive.
In post 100, OnlyIAmMe wrote:
vote:fchariot
+
In post 133, OnlyIAmMe wrote:I voted fchariot because of their bw on lefty, and then their previous posts. I'm not unvoting just because they seem new. Fchariot, do you play tos ranked? Why do you think wagonning in tos helps town?
This could really implicate scum!FC+scum!OIaM.
Joining the wagon once it seems it's not going anywhere = preparing for a bus?
In post 134, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Would some consider what I am doing active lurking? Sometimes I feel i don't post enough, but it's pretty hard to comment on things. I was never a good scumhunter.
Why would you ever ask this? :lol:
It just feels odd that you'd be aware of your posting being too low, but then you'd still...not post. Other than a post saying that you don't post..! :]
And yes, that style is often described as "active lurking".
In post 136, OnlyIAmMe wrote:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=76009, Newbie 1865. We were both VT.
Oh, it was this one.
Not a very telling game from you, other than the fact that scum left you alive until LyLo with the hope that you would mislynch our IC for paranoia.. :] (we usually die early in the game for a reason or another - that's just a thing that happens :] )
In post 170, OnlyIAmMe wrote:
vote:lefty

Scum > lefty > una

Why couldn't you have just asked Una about the Fc eagkn? Think you're too hasty for town. Why single out Una, who was only trying to add more discussion? Why not other people?

I do not think scum!Una would have a good motivation for avoiding the fc wagon.
Buddying would be too obvious, if both scum. Maybe pocketing?
But then you could say the same of lefty, couldn't you?

Why did I say lefty seems town? They don't.
And then out of a clear sky - BOOOM.
OIaM is AWAKE! :lol:
I really like the bolded parts.
I also think it would've been easy for him to join my wagon as scum, so this actually gives a lot of towncred. in my mind.
There's also the mentioning of pocketing, and that is a spot-on read!
IF I were to be scum here, I would always bus over "shaky protect". :lol:
I wouldn't be making a favor for either of us if I were to forcefully avoid voting a scumbuddy - I'd be nailing a target on both of us instead!
Then the ending line - it demonstrates willingness to OPENLY RECONSIDER A READ - something a newbie!scum rarely is brave enough to do.
All in all - either OIaM got REALLY coached in the scum!PT or they are towning it up! :]

In post 179, OnlyIAmMe wrote:My sr's are as follow:

Lefty
Fchariot
Ircher
Stan1ey
Draynth
UnaBombaH
Kernel

Iconeum/replacement
Interesting list. Apparently scum is in the top?
If so, I'd say I'm too low here based on their earlier post. Maybe their read on Lefty chancing affected it? Dunno.
Ircher is simply too high.
Otherwise hard to tell.
I'm afraid this might have been a faked list. :facepalm:
Just as I was getting excited for town!OIaM! :lol:
In post 197, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Maybe it's wifom, stan1ey? Some scum may wantto seem more town by acting like what people think town players do. I also think the fact una ignored fc's wagon is not that big of a deal. Didn't fc vote lrfty and put them into l2 thinking they were scum? Isn't that what stan1ey is doing, why is there not a wagon on them?
..yet this promotes good thinking again.
You need to decide which side of the fence you belong man! :lol:
In post 199, OnlyIAmMe wrote:If not, why did you encourage me to place my vote on FC? Why say this now instead of when fc was being waggonned?
Good interacting with stan1ey. More towny vibes.
In post 220, OnlyIAmMe wrote:This conversation isn't pointless for me. It lets me see how you respond against attacks(even "pointless" ones) and how you try to defend yourself.
GOOOOOOD.

In post 224, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Why would town stan not defend fc in this situation, Una? Aren't you the one to ask for game theory questions?
I still don't understand what this was about.. :?
I'm willing to answer anything, but I'm not sure what I'm asked here..! :lol:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 302, Lefty wrote:You said that I was attempting to buddy/pocket Ircher by following/agreeing with them. I want you to show me the posts that gave you that impression, because I think it clearly contradicts the truth that has happened in the game.
I pointed these out in that post though..? :roll:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 303, Lefty wrote:I also don’t understand why you keep mentioning you being the IC as is there’s any sort of basis to you being SR for that reason.

You’re as likely as anyone to be scum, and no one has once said that because you’re the IC that you are suspicious.
I'm starting to really have a problem with this. :igmeou:
I haven't said I think I'm being scumread because I'm the IC.
IN FACT, if you claim to have read my ISO-dive on you, I EXPLICITLY SAID that I DON'T SEE the usual "IC=scum because paranoia" vibe in you.

And no matter how right you are in saying that there's no merit to thinking like that, you as a newbie have no footing to say it doesn't happen A LOT on this site.
A LOT.
Like the game me and OIaM shared had scum whose endgame revolved mainly around the idea that our IC that game would've been scum because they survived to the end.. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by Draynth »

Una, who should the lynch be today instead of you given the above?
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 9, stan1ey wrote:VOTE: OnlyIAmMe
Hello everyone. since i expect people to ask this is my second game of mafia the first one was on this site so you can go and read it if you wish. With that said i am pretty excited to play my first game as a mafia goon :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Even if it was RvS and a joke, I'd like to say that many people consider it scummy to joke about being scum.
Even in RvS. :giggle:
In post 68, stan1ey wrote:havent had much to say, i hate the rvs, but i have been reading. Lefty and KernelRunaway are town, i havent got a read on anyone else just yet
This is a poor way to start towntelling/cooperating.
You should explain more "WHY" than "WHAT" anyway, so this post actually gives us very little in terms of content. :]
In post 93, stan1ey wrote:Both are being very proactive and nothing theyve said strikes me as something mafia might say
This should've been included in that previous post! :]
In post 138, stan1ey wrote:
In post 137, Lefty wrote:What do you make of us both voting together on two different wagons?
what is this referring to?
+
In post 140, stan1ey wrote:right i see. thats NAI this early in day 1. @UnaBombaH why did you bring that up?
..feels out of place.
Lefty had already posed that question to me - you repeating it feels like posing as town.
In post 155, stan1ey wrote:This isn't a reason to bring it up. if one of them is mafia then you just made it easier for them. you can check voting patterns later without mentioning it now. and if it was the other reason, why would you want to put a stop to something that you consider to be a scumtell? surely that makes it easier for mafia to hide, if you let it carry on then you could make a credible case for him to be mafia at a later time?
I usually like to keep some of my thoughts hidden until "the time is right".
But you have to understand that newbie-games are all about learning/teaching/sharing thoughts.
So promoting an open playstyle and reads is actually a good thing here.
Try out the Normal-queue for example, and try to keep your reads concealed there - I'll bet you get lynched for "being scummy" faster than you thought possible! :lol:
BEING OBVIOUS TOWN YOURSELF IS SOMETIMES MORE IMPORTANT THAN BEING THE ONE TO NAIL THE ENTIRE SCUMTEAM.
In post 155, stan1ey wrote:since Una and Lefty are having a back and forth and my vote is currently on Lefty...
UNVOTE: Lefty
VOTE: UnaBombaH
The reasoning for the vote is very poor.. :?
Like, why would you feel the need to switch the "side" here?
You don't say that you scumread me
, you say that "since they are on the opposite sides of an argument, and I'm already voting the other, time to vote the other now". :?: :?: :?:
In post 190, stan1ey wrote:
In post 168, Ircher wrote:Does this mean you townread Lefty or scumread Una? Your vote sounds more like going with the majority. (Or at least two of the “loudest” posters.
I scumread Una, thought that was pretty obvious... and voting for one of the two loudest was kind of the point
Good observation from Ircher here.
And no, it wasn't apparent that you scumread me to me either.
In post 191, stan1ey wrote:i think town players are more likely to be hasty than scum players. the mafia want to stay under everyones radar
I think I already pointed it out, but this is a fallacy.
Good scumplayers can be anything - people aren't as simple as this thought implies.

Then their "1v1" with OIaM begins..I gotta say, I liked OIaMs posts more in that interaction.
Not gonna quote everything as to not make all of these walls humangous, but basically OIaM managed to match stan1eys points, and actually town-tell in the process.
Stan1ey felt more reactive and frustrated in comparison.

In post 252, stan1ey wrote:Lets assume Una is not stalling. we still only have 5 days left and if this goes on much longer we wont have time to form a wagon on someone else if Una claims a power role.
why does it matter so much that the inactives post?
This is an unfortunate tell - you don't need the content from others.
All you seem to be interested in is a claim from me, and that is not a townie PoV.. :?
It comes across as "hunting for a PR/scum-slot" vs "hunting for scum ANYWHERE".
I'd rather see us not outing any PRs day 1, but I think the damage has been done already.
In post 294, stan1ey wrote:It doesnt give mafia more info. at this point the claim is inevitable.
No, it is not.
There hasn't been a single point where you've had enough votes for a lynch.
I have only been on L-1 with NO INTENT CLAIMED TO HAMMER.
Lefty then unvoted to make it L-2, but says he has intent.
YOU. STILL. NEED. ONE. MORE. VOTE. THAT. WAS. NEVER. THERE.
I find it very hard to believe town would push your narrative here, and making it seem like I was ever actually decided to be the one and only possibility for today.
I refuse to claim unless I absolutely have to, and that should be enough for town considering everything else I've said.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 307, Draynth wrote:Una, who should the lynch be today instead of you given the above?
After the lates ISO dive?
VOTE: stan1ey
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 309, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 307, Draynth wrote:Una, who should the lynch be today instead of you given the above?
After the lates ISO dive?
VOTE: stan1ey
I'll read that post now
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by Lefty »

@Una

No, not really. You showed me saying Ircher was a TR as evidence. One post =\= a behavior that you are trying to describe. The argument you made doesn’t match what actually happened in the thread. You said I was following Ircher when the opposite is more true.

YOU are the one that keeps bringing up the fact that you are the IC as if it makes a difference, not me. Literally no one has used your position in this game as a reason to SR you. I’m not paranoid of you because you’re the IC, you’re right about that. I’m suspicious of you for seemingly avoiding discussion while simultaneously promoting it in a generic sense, and for creating false narratives about my play that aren’t supported with actual facts.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Post by Lefty »

I’m taking the soft claim with a pinch of salt. I can agree that we’re not gonna lynch Una here, but I don’t believe it clears him whatsoever until he can vet himself with NAs or gets killed.

IMO the hint itself is NAI because scum would do the same in this situation under pressure with the the DL looming. Anything but a PR claim gets them lynched 9/10 times.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 66, Draynth wrote:Just as an FYI, Inactivity is not Alignment-Indicative for me.

I know that probably seems 'convenient' but it genuinely isn't just me making excuses. Feel free to skim my ISO in other games where I say the same thing as both town and scum. I regularly get scumread for it but unfortunately it's something that is mostly out of my control.
I agree wholeheartedly with you on this btw (even though it's also NAI to agree/disagree with this :lol: )
I also think you had some heavy IRL-things to keep you occupied, so all that considered I wouldn't blame you for being in the low-posters for now. :]
In post 67, Draynth wrote:Why do you assume that Ircher's vote was pressure but that FCChariot's wasnt?
Nice to see you had the same thought about Leftys vote as I did.
In post 70, Draynth wrote:
In post 68, stan1ey wrote:havent had much to say, i hate the rvs, but i have been reading. Lefty and KernelRunaway are town, i havent got a read on anyone else just yet
Why do you think Lefty and KernelRunaway are town?
..and here as well. :lol:
In post 87, Draynth wrote:On a somewhat related note does anyone consider this serious
In post 9, stan1ey wrote:VOTE: OnlyIAmMe
Hello everyone. since i expect people to ask this is my second game of mafia the first one was on this site so you can go and read it if you wish.
With that said i am pretty excited to play my first game as a mafia goon :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I really have 0 experience with people legit gambiting like this so I'd presume it's a joke but... I'm paranoid
...and again.. :roll:
In post 122, Draynth wrote:
In post 84, UnaBombaH wrote:Time to shake things up!
VOTE: Draynth

@Draynth - who is scum, and why is it you? :]
Was this seriously saying I'm scum or partly RVS?
If not serious who is actually scum?
If serious why am I scum?
This is a good post in the sense that it goes back to an earlier post from me to try and analyze.
The timing could be considered suspicious though, since it happens soon after I get voted by Lefty and Ircher.. :igmeou:
And what makes it worse?
In post 124, Draynth wrote:UNVOTE: Lefty
(was RVS)
..is followed right after.
Now, if you people would really TRY to see this from my PoV, this unvote is a concerning thing all in all.
It indirectly supports Leftys vote and scumread towards me, while avoiding a stance on me himself. :]
In post 128, Draynth wrote:I disagree with having your vote somewhere at all times, it loses it's meaning and emphasis for when it's actually a valuable tool
Guess I can't argue about this though, as it's more of a question of personal preference I think.
In post 206, Draynth wrote:Town
Ircher - Very methodical and his points make sense to me.
Stan1ey - Right now this is gut, I'll put it into words why exactly I'm townreading Stan1ey soon.
Lefty - Is engaged with the game and is making a point of interacting with people.
While I might disagree with other parts of the list s well, having stan1ey and Lefty this high on the list are the most alarming things about it to me. :?
I do not outright scumread Draynth at this point, but I can see many advantageous avenues for scum!Draynth to venture in the coming days.
DRAYNTH IS A SLOT YOU ALL NEED TO GET A SOLID READ ON BEFORE LYLO.

Just make sure you get him to post more later.. ;)
In post 207, Draynth wrote:VOTE: UnaBombah
That is L-1. Nobody else should vote Una without first declaring intent to hammer.
This is fine considering I was at the bottom of your list at this point.
In post 234, Draynth wrote:Una should only claim if intent to hammer is posted.
+
In post 239, Draynth wrote:Wait.
Una is perfectly fine to not claim if nobody is declaring intent, why would he?
If everybody starts prematurely claiming that's a horrendous situation for town to be in and only benefits scum.
Both promote a towny mindset.
Scum!Draynth doesn't need to protect my claim, they'd be very eager to get it at this point..! :P
In post 257, Draynth wrote:It seems to be a believable point of view for Una, where as if you tried to pull it off I'd probably scumread you for it.

Basically I'm unsure of what this makes me think of the Una slot.
While this could be considered fence-sitty (the last line = bad), it finally shows critical thinking towards Leftys wonky scumcase on me. (=good)
In post 259, Draynth wrote:I still think Una is probably scum by the way, the last line just refers to this specific point of contention being discussed.
OK, this actually clears it up more.
So the previous post from him was mainly good then.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 311, Lefty wrote:YOU are the one that keeps bringing up the fact that you are the IC as if it makes a difference, not me. Literally no one has used your position in this game as a reason to SR you. I’m not paranoid of you because you’re the IC, you’re right about that.
I'm not even sure what we disagree on here! :lol:
I've brought up my IC-status only in the sense that THIS GAME HASN'T HAD THOSE CHARACTERISTICS.
That is to say - if we have a newbie-scum, they aren't using that as an avenue.
And yet again, just pressing the point why I've said it multiple times - IT IS VERY COMMON IN NEWBIE GAMES. :facepalm:
In post 312, Lefty wrote:I’m taking the soft claim with a pinch of salt.
Absolutely no surprises there.
I bet you just wanted to hear me claim so that there's no 50/50 about where to shoot? :]
In post 312, Lefty wrote:IMO the hint itself is NAI because scum would do the same in this situation under pressure with the the DL looming. Anything but a PR claim gets them lynched 9/10 times.
This is yet again flawed in the sense that there hasn't ever been an intent to hammer with sufficient votes to back it up.
Not once this game.
So you are actually pushing for a narrative where I'm literally the only possibility for a lynch.
That is not towny. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.10
UnaBombaH (3) - Ircher, stan1ey, Draynth
Lefty (1) - OnlyIAmMe
Draynth (1) - KernelRunaway
FChariot (1) - Myloninja13
stan1ey (1) - UnaBombaH

Not voting (2) - FChariot, Lefty

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Saturday, 23rd June, 9.30 am BST, (in (expired on 2018-06-23 09:30:00)).

FChariot has been prodded.

I'm looking for a replacement for KernelRunaway. If he posts before I find someone he can keep the spot.
Last edited by Huntress on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

There's no reason for me to ISO-case the lowest posters for now.
I've read them all, but since they all seem to have separate perspectives I'd argue there's no way they hold all the scum anyway.
They get prodded/replaced, and we sort their replacements D2 etc. (nulls in the middle with white)

UnaBombaH, Ircher

OnlyIAmMe, Draynth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
KernelRunaway (I'd say there are good thoughts there, but too little content to feel anything solid)
FChariot ("TRUEnewbie"-vibes. Very scared to commit to anything though, so if this is scum, it's an all-newbie team more than likely. No support from/to anyone.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myloninja13 (I think they are capable of more. Even though it would be "easy" to say I like their content for not scumreading me, but I think they've been very low-effort in reality.)
Lefty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
stan1ey

Extra comments:

OIaM has some very good posts, and some very questionable ones.
I'm willing to lean town just because the good posts also seem to be the ones with more content and effort in them.
IF they are scum, they are being "coached" in the scum thread, nothing else could explain so bipolar posting IMO! :lol:
That in turn would imply a solid scumbuddy, someone who knows what they are doing..and I'd say Lefty might be able to fill that. :igmeou:

LEFTY SEEMS TO BE EVEN MORE EXPERIENCED AND BETTER IN THIS GAME THAN THEY LET ON.

Take them seriously, no matter what your current reads on them are.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 315, Huntress wrote:Lefty (2) - OnlyIAmMe
I see OIaM is secretly a doublevoter..! :roll:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

OK, I'm off to enjoy my day off!
Will be back within ~12hours, but probably phoneposting/reading only.

Let's make a reasonable lynch happen before friday if at all possible - us Finns really like to celebrate our mid-summer.. :roll:

I'll be very much intoxicated and having a blast IRL fri-sun.
:lol:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Post by Lefty »

You are in the hot seat. Fact.
It has been discussed already that you are intentionally slow playing to waste time with the DL ticking away. Fact.
It has been discussed that if you wait until DL then it is more likely you will be lynched. Fact.

No one is saying you’re the only person getting lynched D1, but it is very clear that as of right now you are the MOST LIKELY. You are leading in votes and I have already claimed intent, which makes it rather clear that if someone else were to join then it’s curtains for you.

Nothing I stated was false. Scum would always fake a PR in this situation knowing they are in danger because VT claims don’t usually save people from trouble. You’ve bought yourself some more time, but I will
stress to everyone that if you don’t produce results and are still alive later in the game then you absolutely need to be lynched.
FChariot
FChariot
Townie
FChariot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:44 pm

Post by FChariot »

Ack, I feel like I'm just letting town down at this point. I try to be active but it never works out, I can't unread much, and I'm just bad overall. Ugh.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

I'm pretty strong that those posts indicate town!Una, even away from meta.

FC, I understand and can empathise with your feeling here, but you just have to keep being honest with your thoughts here. Do you think Una is a good lynch? And what about stan1ey and OIAM's debate?
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 pm

Post by stan1ey »

In post 300, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 286, stan1ey wrote:Was meant to post a reply and not just quote.. Im happy with lynching Una, unless he claims a PR then we shouldnt. the reason i asked if he gets lynched a lot day 1 is because his attitude this entire game has suggested that he knows something we dont.
OK, assume I am town and do know something you do not..! :nerd:
In post 291, stan1ey wrote:Right, so you agree with me, what i am saying is, IF una was town he would also agree with me and wouldnt be waiting for intent he would just claim now as this benefits town the most, and since he has not done so we can conclude he is mafia and still lynch him when he eventually claims a PR
No, this is flawed.
Believe me (or at least Ircher)..
In post 293, Ircher wrote:it is fair for UnaBombaH to wait for someone to give intent before claiming as town!Una doesn't want to have to claim if they don't have to. (It gives mafia more info.)
This.

In post 293, Ircher wrote:If anything, scum!Una has way more incentive to claim than town!Una does because it is obvious that if Una stalls to deadline, Una will be lynched, no questions asked.
AND THIS.

I would never play like this as the designated IC "for fun". :facepalm:
This hasn't been "fun" for me. (at least so far)
CAN WE JUST NOT FORCE ME TO CLAIM NOW, AND LEAVE THE WIFOM TO SCUM?
:yawn:
ive laid out the scenario of your being a PR (being town and knowing something we dont) and in that scenario you claim ASAP, which you are still avoiding. (although now you have basically soft claimed a PR anyway so there is even less reasons for you to not just claim ... also you are snipping out the parts of Ircher's quote that will help you avoid a claim but left out:
In post 293, Ircher wrote:I agree in that I think it is better for him to claim now
In post 308, UnaBombaH wrote:Then their "1v1" with OIaM begins
Stan1ey felt more reactive and frustrated in comparison.
i was reactive and frustrated since i didnt know what exactly i was arguing against
In post 308, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 155, stan1ey wrote:since Una and Lefty are having a back and forth and my vote is currently on Lefty...
UNVOTE: Lefty
VOTE: UnaBombaH
The reasoning for the vote is very poor.. :?
Like, why would you feel the need to switch the "side" here?
You don't say that you scumread me
, you say that "since they are on the opposite sides of an argument, and I'm already voting the other, time to vote the other now". :?: :?: :?:
i dont think its a poor reason to vote, i scum read you and i town read lefty. i had already said i town read lefty before this and i thought me switching from a RVS vote to a "normal" vote makes it pretty obvious that i scum read the person i just voted, maybe i could have worded it better but i cleared it up in post 190 anyway.
In post 308, UnaBombaH wrote:All you seem to be interested in is a claim from me, and that is not a townie PoV..
it is if you are actively helping the mafia by not claiming
In post 308, UnaBombaH wrote:No, it is not.
There hasn't been a single point where you've had enough votes for a lynch.
I have only been on L-1 with NO INTENT CLAIMED TO HAMMER.
Lefty then unvoted to make it L-2, but says he has intent.
YOU. STILL. NEED. ONE. MORE. VOTE. THAT. WAS. NEVER. THERE.
I find it very hard to believe town would push your narrative here, and making it seem like I was ever actually decided to be the one and only possibility for today.
I refuse to claim unless I absolutely have to, and that should be enough for town considering everything else I've said.
forget the amount of votes, that has nothing to do with my argument! i am saying we have very limited time to form a new wagon IF you claim a power role, and therefore the sooner you claim the better for town. maybe you arent the only possibility but you were not posting ANYTHING useful and no other possibilities were coming up, now you seem to be suggesting I am the other possibility after i tried to get you to actually do something :shifty: :shifty: you have basically soft claimed a power role at this point (imo probably just an attempt to try and get people to not force a real claim out of you) so youll likely be lynched anyway...
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 pm

Post by stan1ey »

In post 322, stan1ey wrote:so youll likely be lynched anyway...
*night killed
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:29 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

There's a list of very valid reasons for me to not hardclaim as of now.
Spelling them out is probably antitown in the event we are against a team of newbie-scum, so I wished you could reach the conclusions for yourselves.
I've also crumbed.

I'll throw one more line for you guys - right now scum don't know which side of the coin I am.
Telling them outright might ruin another townplayers night as there's a chance for any of us being blocked/killed.

My slot will resolve itself, guaranteed.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”