Newbie 1876 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:09 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 223, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 222, IcemanCh wrote:I'm willing to bet scum is on damage control right now and that's why we haven't heard from E2.7

VOTE: E

I think that's L-1
This is a bad post
OK...
how
is this post "bad", Guerilla?
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:08 am

Post by brassherald »

We've been at this for 6 days and you only have 2 reads, E?

Both are bad reads, but I'm not going to hold bad reads against someone, but are you even trying to sort people? You've been appealing to emotion, talking about how hard it is to play the game under pressure, but have done nothing other than a really really bad PR claim. That's why people are scum reading you, because you are doing nothing. No sorting, nothing.

And then, after you make the worst PR claim in the history of the game, you try to justify the only read you seem to have actually given a reason for with "He attacked me, he must be scum."

I'm really not looking to lynch a PR claim that has no counter claim on Day 1, but you are making it so tempting because you are playing exactly like a newbie scum trying to justify poor play with being super lost and the game is too hard. So, if you are town, step up your play.

In other news, Guerilla has made the transition into looking townie now. Iceman and Formerfish are on the watch list.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:08 am

Post by brassherald »

Watchlist means scumlean.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:23 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 225, 2 718281828459 wrote:
In post 222, IcemanCh wrote:I'm willing to bet scum is on damage control right now and that's why we haven't heard from E2.7

I think that's L-1
This is a bad post
OK...
how
We ask you the questions here. Are you gonna pretend you're scum reading me now? Cuz that's a convenient 180 from the post directly before that.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:28 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 228, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 225, 2 718281828459 wrote:

I think that's L-1
This is a bad post
OK...
how
We ask you the questions here. Are you gonna pretend you're scum reading me now? Cuz that's a convenient 180 from the post directly before that.
No, you just wrote "This is a bad post" with no explanation. I am trying to understand what is going on there.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:41 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 226, brassherald wrote:We've been at this for 6 days and you only have 2 reads, E?
Well, I mean, it is hard to GET reads if most of the play is centered on attacking me. The only other things I see are that Trinity and you have kept voting for nonny based on ill-formed suspicions ("self-deprecation" really? I would have to agree with nonny that those posts are not self-deprecating and certainly not scummy.)
Both are bad reads, but I'm not going to hold bad reads against someone, but are you even trying to sort people? You've been appealing to emotion, talking about how hard it is to play the game under pressure, but have done nothing other than a really really bad PR claim. That's why people are scum reading you, because you are doing nothing. No sorting, nothing.
I mean, it genuinely is hard. But I am starting to suspect anyone who still votes for nonny after all this time. I understand being wrong, but the evidence is flimsy and has been refuted already.
And then, after you make the worst PR claim in the history of the game, you try to justify the only read you seem to have actually given a reason for with "He attacked me, he must be scum."
You misrepresented what I said. Your posts jumped to conclusions at a ridiculous speed. And I think you either are one of the nonny voters or you
just
switched.
I'm really not looking to lynch a PR claim that has no counter claim on Day 1, but you are making it so tempting because you are playing exactly like a newbie scum trying to justify poor play with being super lost and the game is too hard. So, if you are town, step up your play.
I will investigate more later tonight (kind of busy right now).
In other news, Guerilla has made the transition into looking townie now.
Iceman and Formerfish are on the watch list.
Noted for further investigation.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:59 am

Post by brassherald »

I am voting for nonny because nonny is suspicious. Reads that are based on whether they agree with your reads are the worst reads so maybe try thinking.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 am

Post by IcemanCh »

I think that's L-1
This is a bad post

It is? Why?
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:02 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 232, IcemanCh wrote:

I think that's L-1
This is a bad post

It is? Why?
Jumps on a wagon after low activity as an extension of another player's rationale. It's discomforting cuz I'm not getting a sense of how you see 2.7
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:06 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Actually no you posted on that same page lol. Sorry bud. I'm quitting smoking right now so I'm not at my sharpest.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Skygazer »

@ Bins, is brass still your strongest scum read? Do you have any other reads?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:07 am

Post by nonny »

In post 224, 2 718281828459 wrote: I thought I did post something but I guess the post did not take.
Most of the posts you guys wrote were
about
me and not
to
me, although I may have missed stuff.
My reads have not really changed anyway, I still think nonny is town (or at least not scum enough for all those votes) and brass is scum.
Point one is an easy thing to say, no way to say if it's true or not. But given you were posting prolifically prior and then fell off the face of the earth, it's easy to doubt.

Point two, this is were I already pointed out to you, you have not attempted to build a defense. You know you're own alignment. If what we are saying is not true, if someone is twisting something, etc then it's your job to point it out and point out how you were actually acting in best interest of the town. You have to present a case.

You have been building a defense for me because it validates your vote on Brass. Currently, brass nor I are under that much fire. You are the one that is read scum by the majority of active players and at risk of lynch. Put some of that energy towards your own standing. Saying you're innocent because you suspect Brass is not a defense, it's a distraction which is not working. And while I agree with your take on me simply because I know my own alignment, it actually at this point adds to my scumlean on you, why are you defending me so much? It's almost unnerving, the only way you could know I'm town that fully is if you are not. Otherwise it also looks like buddying which your partner may have told you to buddy someone in order to use it on D2 for easy lynch bait, but that is WIFOM at this point.
Skygazer wrote:
In post 216, nonny wrote:If 2.7 had another scum player to talk to then why would he make a post about wishing he had another more informed player to ta. By itself, yes it can be seen that way. Initial impression was more just talking to talk and therefore neutral, at least that's how I read it.
You said that's your initial impression but I'm assuming you don't see it in a different light after 2.7's doc claim?
Correct, I do not, because the doc claim it self is suspect. This original post could either be the talking out loud, breadcrumbing for a PR claim, or newb scum with an inactive partner. Hard to say which, but I lean towards it being null.

I too would like to hear from Bins, she's been nearly the least active. And Trinity has still not fully weighed in on the 2.7 PR claim, unless I missed it.

And to reiterate what Woo said before, if you choose to hammer do not hammer without explanation.
*insert bad joke here*
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:20 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

I’m leaning towards E2.7 and nonny being both scum. He is being unnecessarily defensive of her and she is looking like she is telling him what to do, like build a defence, and giving possible explanations for some of his posts.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:28 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 233, GuerillaWoo wrote:

I think that's L-1
This is a bad post

It is? Why?
Jumps on a wagon after low activity as an extension of another player's rationale. It's discomforting cuz I'm not getting a sense of how you see 2.7
In post 234, GuerillaWoo wrote:Actually no you posted on that same page lol. Sorry bud. I'm quitting smoking right now so I'm not at my sharpest.

I was going to say I've laid out my feelings on E2.7 and I had pulled my vote of the wagon while being clear that I was going to put it back on.

Anyways.

As for other reads I'm still lacking on scum reads. I think Brass and Nonny are looking town to me. Brass seems to be trying to find scum. And, he's focused, which may be because he found an easy mislynch (if he were scum) but, I feel like it's more because E is scum. I'm still neutral on Trinity and FF.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:56 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 238, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 233, GuerillaWoo wrote:

I think that's L-1
This is a bad post

It is? Why?
In post 234, GuerillaWoo wrote:Actually no you posted on that same page lol. Sorry bud. I'm quitting smoking right now so I'm not at my sharpest.

I was going to say I've laid out my feelings on E2.7 and I had pulled my vote of the wagon while being clear that I was going to put it back on.

Anyways.

As for other reads I'm still lacking on scum reads. I think Brass and Nonny are looking town to me. Brass seems to be trying to find scum. And, he's focused, which may be because he found an easy mislynch (if he were scum) but, I feel like it's more because E is scum. I'm still neutral on Trinity and FF.
What about the others?
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 231, brassherald wrote:I am voting for nonny because nonny is suspicious. Reads that are based on whether they agree with your reads are the worst reads so maybe try thinking.
I think that the only reasons that ANYONE is voting for nonny is (1) the "self-deprecation" thing or (2) the voter is scum. And (1) has been debunked.
So, I am using the nonny situation to look for scum.
In post 236, nonny wrote:
In post 224, 2 718281828459 wrote: I thought I did post something but I guess the post did not take.
about
me and not
to
My reads have not really changed anyway, I still think nonny is town (or at least not scum enough for all those votes) and brass is scum.
Point one is an easy thing to say, no way to say if it's true or not. But given you were posting prolifically prior and then fell off the face of the earth, it's easy to doubt.

Point two, this is were I already pointed out to you, you have not attempted to build a defense. You know
you're
own alignment. If what we are saying is not true, if someone is twisting something, etc then it's your job to point it out and point out how you were actually acting in best interest of the town. You have to present a case.
*your

Initially I was playing
badly
, by letting my excitement flow into what I was posting. Then I got a bit too self-defensive. Then I tried to correct the situation and look for reads, but never got anywhere on that. I said I would research again, let me go ahead and do that. (Specifically, I want to try to find a read on FormerFish and Trinity.)
You have been building a defense for me because it validates your vote on Brass. Currently, brass nor I are under that much fire. You are the one that is read scum by the majority of active players and at risk of lynch. Put some of that energy towards your own standing. Saying you're innocent because you suspect Brass is not a defense, it's a distraction which is not working. And while I agree with your take on me simply because I know my own alignment, it actually at this point adds to my scumlean on you, why are you defending me so much? It's almost unnerving, the only way you could know I'm town that fully is if you are not. Otherwise it also looks like buddying which your partner may have told you to buddy someone in order to use it on D2 for easy lynch bait, but that is WIFOM at this point.
Again, I was using you to read scum. Although three people voted for you, it still seems likely that two of them are scum.
TrinityNZ wrote:
What about the others?
I find this question a bit hypocritical because you yourself only posted reads on 2 people.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 237, TrinityNZ wrote:I’m leaning towards E2.7 and nonny being both scum. He is being unnecessarily defensive of her and she is looking like she is telling him what to do, like build a defence, and giving possible explanations for some of his posts.
Scum have their own private thread.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.8

TrinityNZ (0) -
GuerillaWoo (0) -
2 718281828459 (4) - GuerillaWoo, nonny, Formerfish, IcemanCh
Skygazer (0) -
IcemanCh (0) -
nonny (3) - TrinityNZ, Skygazer, brassherald
Formerfish (0) -
brassherald (2) - Bins, 2 718281828459
Bins (0) -

Not Voting:

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Sunday, July 1st at 11:15 am PDT which is in
(expired on 2018-07-01 11:15:00)
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 240, 2 718281828459 wrote:
In post 231, brassherald wrote:I am voting for nonny because nonny is suspicious. Reads that are based on whether they agree with your reads are the worst reads so maybe try thinking.
I think that the only reasons that ANYONE is voting for nonny is (1) the "self-deprecation" thing or (2) the voter is scum. And (1) has been debunked.
In post 236, nonny wrote:
about
me and not
to

Point two, this is were I already pointed out to you, you have not attempted to build a defense. You know
you're
own alignment. If what we are saying is not true, if someone is twisting something, etc then it's your job to point it out and point out how you were actually acting in best interest of the town. You have to present a case.
*your

Initially I was playing
badly
, by letting my excitement flow into what I was posting. Then I got a bit too self-defensive. Then I tried to correct the situation and look for reads, but never got anywhere on that. I said I would research again, let me go ahead and do that. (Specifically, I want to try to find a read on FormerFish and Trinity.)
Again, I was using you to read scum. Although three people voted for you, it still seems likely that two of them are scum.
TrinityNZ wrote:
What about the others?
I find this question a bit hypocritical because you yourself only posted reads on 2 people.
The reason I asked iceman this was because he said ‘as for other reads’ and then only mentioned brass, nonny, me and FF. So I was wondering why he didn’t mentioned the others and what it means.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

OK...

Formerfish, after further investigation, looks townish to me. I see nothing to indicate scum play here -- always trying to get information and play logically.
Trinity might appear scum except that first-timers really have to be judged differently. I also saw a lot of honest inquiries that appear townish, but they were earlier on. The lack of activity
Skygazer could go either way. Again, Skygazer still votes for nonny. However, the other reads I saw are more townish.

I think one of the last two is scum, but I
could
still be wrong here. (I doubt it is both.)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

You had better reads than that in your last game. Why aren't you looking for scum?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 240, 2 718281828459 wrote:I think that the only reasons that ANYONE is voting for nonny is (1) the "self-deprecation" thing or (2) the voter is scum. And (1) has been debunked.
You can see in my vote that that's not the only reason I'm voting for nonny, but I don't even see how that point has been debunked anyways. As for why I'm still voting her, her unvote on you seemed sort of like a grab for towncred.

I really don't like the inactivity coming from Ice and bins, it's making it really hard to get reads.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 246, Skygazer wrote:
In post 240, 2 718281828459 wrote:I think that the only reasons that ANYONE is voting for nonny is (1) the "self-deprecation" thing or (2) the voter is scum. And (1) has been debunked.
You can see in my vote that that's not the only reason I'm voting for nonny, but I don't even see how that point has been debunked anyways. As for why I'm still voting her, her unvote on you seemed sort of like a grab for towncred.

I really don't like the inactivity coming from Ice and bins, it's making it really hard to get reads.
Skygazer, if my unvote feels like a grab for "towncred" would you be having the same doubts on me if I had not unvoted and left a PR claim at L-1?

Ice just posted today, not sure you can lump Ice and Bins in the same place in terms of inactivity.
GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 237, TrinityNZ wrote:I’m leaning towards E2.7 and nonny being both scum. He is being unnecessarily defensive of her and she is looking like she is telling him what to do, like build a defence, and giving possible explanations for some of his posts.
Scum have their own private thread.
This.

Trinity, I had just one post prior pointed out the buddying. Trying to find a scum team is much harder than finding which players you find scummy. So, which players do you find scummy? If you do feel 2.7 is scum (as you said in quote above) then do you think he should be the lynch for day 1? You still have not answered what you think of the role claim.
*insert bad joke here*
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 247, nonny wrote:Skygazer, if my unvote feels like a grab for "towncred" would you be having the same doubts on me if I had not unvoted and left a PR claim at L-1?
Okay, that's a good point. After reading your ISO you seem eager to scumhunt and I like your recent posts. I think I've had some tunnel-vision regarding your alignment.
UNVOTE:
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VOTE: Trinity

Because:
In post 247, nonny wrote:You still have not answered what you think of the role claim.
And because her only two reads were on the two biggest wagons at the point she gave her reads.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”