Newbie 1876 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.9

TrinityNZ (1) - Skygazer
GuerillaWoo (0) -
2 718281828459 (3) - nonny, Formerfish, IcemanCh
Skygazer (0) -
IcemanCh (1) - brassherald
nonny (1) - TrinityNZ
Formerfish (0) -
brassherald (2) - Bins, 2 718281828459
Bins (0) -

Not Voting: GuerillaWoo

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Sunday, July 1st at 11:15 am PDT which is in
(expired on 2018-07-01 11:15:00)
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:02 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

I thought I had put this at the bottom of my post last night but it got left off:

UNVOTE: nonny
VOTE: 2.7

For the reasons I gave last night that my strongest scum lean right now is 2.7.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:04 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 272, brassherald wrote:Okay, Formerfish is much better with those strings of posts. And he does have a point, the townlean on Trinity was because of questions, but now Trinity really has not followed up on those posts with anything. I'm switching the two of them to Formerfish townlean, Trinity scumlean.

VOTE: Iceman

Iceman seems to be slipping by without doing much. He's voted 2.7 and well, I summarized his iso in 3 words. Top scumread right now, considering recent posts.
I’m not sure what else I need to do to follow up?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Skygazer »

TrinityNZ wrote:I thought I had put this at the bottom of my post last night but it got left off:

In post 271, TrinityNZ wrote:2.7 is looking like the most likely scum to me. I considered transferring my vote to him after his posts started getting a bit desperate after he made the claim, but some had said we should take more time before lynching him,
so I’m not sure whether to move my vote to him now or not
(Bolded for emphasis)

271 absolutely does not look like a post where you're about to vote for 2.7 considering you specifically stated you don't know whether to move your vote to him or not. This looks like an inconsistency with some significance to me.

Also why haven't you answered my questions in 273?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Skygazer »

@ Trinity: I think that inconsistency indicates that you want to appear cautious yet also want to be on the wagon that's most likely to result in a lynch. I don't see town having motivation to go from being unsure if it's a good idea to place a vote to actually placing that post in the same post.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:43 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

L-1 again
. I think my votes are coming and going in waves.

OK, so now I like how nonny's voters all left (although, of course I do not like where one of them went). I am not really sure about the Iceman vote -- could it be that Iceman is just inactive for personal reasons? (Is this brassherald jumping to conclusions again?)

Expanding on that, I am wondering why a mere lack of activity from Iceman is causing brassherald to say "Top scumread right now" suddenly. Even though
I
disliked the ideas he had before, this jumping around with (at least in this case) flimsy evidence could be further evidence of brass being scum.

There has been so much, I am not sure how to respond to all of it. Though I am starting to not like Trinity's attitude (and the brass+Trinity team lines up with what I thought earlier...)
Although, I have to wonder how much of that is inexperience, so I want to wait before voting there. (It could be that she just wanted to keep a vote on the board but still voting for nonny.)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:58 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 278, Skygazer wrote:
TrinityNZ wrote:I thought I had put this at the bottom of my post last night but it got left off:

In post 271, TrinityNZ wrote:2.7 is looking like the most likely scum to me. I considered transferring my vote to him after his posts started getting a bit desperate after he made the claim, but some had said we should take more time before lynching him,
so I’m not sure whether to move my vote to him now or not
(Bolded for emphasis)

271 absolutely does not look like a post where you're about to vote for 2.7 considering you specifically stated you don't know whether to move your vote to him or not. This looks like an inconsistency with some significance to me.

Also why haven't you answered my questions in 273?
That’s just a timing thing. It’s early morning here. I did the first post on the train but haven’t been able to read or reply to everything yet. I’ll respond tonight.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:13 am

Post by nonny »

VOTE: unvote I'm interested to see what else develops from the new activity. I like skygazer's questions toward Trinity.
*insert bad joke here*
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Formerfish »

So I don't know about you guys, but I do a lot of my best thinking on the john. So as I'm sitting here I have this thought:

We might be better off killing 2.8 today no matter what.

I know. I know. That sounds kinda crazy, right? My question to you all is this, is it?

Say he is town. I as scum would not kill him tonight. I would leave him alive because tomorrow when he's not dead it's almost a free mislynch right there for them. Also, I would probably no kill for the simple fact that as the towndoc he could pick one of the scum team to protect, which would in effect clear that scum player when town2.8 is killed and flips green.

Now from the flip side. If 2.8 is scum I would probably no kill as well. It would ratchet up the wifom to unbelievable levels on not only himself but also on whoever he "protected."

Thoughts (I suggest rereading this while sitting on a toilet, it might make more sense that way)?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 277, TrinityNZ wrote:I’m not sure what else I need to do to follow up?
You asked a lot of questions. Have the people who you were asking replied to all of them? If you want me to I can do an ISO on you and quote all the places you asked questions.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:50 am

Post by nonny »

In post 284, Formerfish wrote:
In post 277, TrinityNZ wrote:I’m not sure what else I need to do to follow up?
You asked a lot of questions. Have the people who you were asking replied to all of them? If you want me to I can do an ISO on you and quote all the places you asked questions.
Also, have you answered all the questions directed at you? I know at first you said you were posting from a phone, it may be easier if you can use a computer to do a more full post, at least once in a while.
Formerfish wrote: We might be better off killing 2.8 today no matter what.

I know. I know. That sounds kinda crazy, right? My question to you all is this, is it?

Say he is town. I as scum would not kill him tonight. I would leave him alive because tomorrow when he's not dead it's almost a free mislynch right there for them. Also, I would probably no kill for the simple fact that as the towndoc he could pick one of the scum team to protect, which would in effect clear that scum player when town2.8 is killed and flips green.

Now from the flip side. If 2.8 is scum I would probably no kill as well. It would ratchet up the wifom to unbelievable levels on not only himself but also on whoever he "protected."
It does make sense. I had a similar thought that currently we don't have any "real" information. We won't really until we have a lynch. All of our reads currently are based on nothing but knowing our own alignment. (I know this is just day 1 mechanic) Once we do have one (or two depending on NK and PRs in game) confirmed alignments then scumhunting can become more solid.

That being said, I personally still want to hear more from Trinity and Bins. More information now can help with look backs later, right?

This is more random thought but is there any benefit from a "no lynch", I'm guessing no, because that still leaves us in WIFOM tomorrow if 2.7 isn't the NK.
*insert bad joke here*
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Formerfish »

No Lynch is only really a viable option in lylo or mylo, I always get them confused though. Ly(nch correctly or) Lo(se) and M(is L)y(nch and) Lo(se) for those who don't know the abbreviations.

So I guess it would be an option in mylo. Not lylo.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Skygazer »

FF's 283 makes sense, a 2.7 lynch would save us a lot of confusion down the road...
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by brassherald »

No lynch is not an option in Lylo, only in Mylo.

I am going to counter the issue of not killing 2.7 tonight if we don't lynch. Unless the mafia has a Roleblocker, if they were not to kill a doctor, they would need to correctly guess who the Doctor is going to protect. I think it's too big of a risk to leave a protective alive from scum standpoint, but really, it comes down to the cost/benefit analysis of the scum team, which, since we don't know who it is, we can't correctly assess whether they are willing to take the risk of leaving a doctor alive and missing a night kill. I'd rather make it harder for the scum to decide who to kill tonight than possibly take out one of our PRs.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 267, Skygazer wrote: Gotcha, it's weird not knowing anyone or their playstyles.

This is half my problem too. I have a hard time picking up on the "meta" of the site. There are a few prolific players that I've read up on but, I'm still not up on much.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

I guess I'm being criticized for not having given a complete list of reads on everyone..... which is weird cause I don't think anyone else has done that either.

TrinityNZ - Nuetral/town lean. Not much content but to me the content that is there is town.
GuerillaWoo - Town - I'm failry certain that Woo is town. He's got town best interest in mind. Either that or Woo and FF are scum together. I don't see it though.
2 718281828459 - Scum - I'm reading scum still. This may be a mistake because he's new but, I don't want to keep waffling back and forth on my vote. So I won't be changing my vote here unless there's a very very compelling reason. I think at some point we're going to lynch him regardless. He can't go to LyLo.
Skygazer - Nuetral. Not enough content for me.
nonny - Nuetral. I'm not seeing anything here like everyone else.
Formerfish - Neutral. I should be reading them as town to be honest but, the play style in this game seems different from the last. The Last one he was extremely aggressive when he found someone he thought was scum. Like over the top aggressive. This game it seems more like he's trying to be persuasive to get people to vote his way. It's different. I wouldn't say that makes him scum. He only survived one day and the entire day was EXTREMELY drama filled.
brassherald - Town. He seems to be applying actual logic, asking questions, and genuinely searching for scum.
Bins - Neutral not enough content for me really. Hasn't really done much for town. I wouldn't place them as scum but, it is concerning the lack of content.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

I'm also going to throw out there that I'm very bad at the whole asking questions thing. Until things heat up I tend to observe and then get involved. I"ve also been very very busy this weekend. Spent the day at the junk yard looking for parts for my truck and then spent today doing yard work. I'm a bit sunburned now. :)
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

I will try to me more engaged from here though. Ask more questions. To that post linking thing that you all like to do so much.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 291, IcemanCh wrote:I'm also going to throw out there that I'm very bad at the whole asking questions thing. Until things heat up I tend to observe and then get involved. I"ve also been very very busy this weekend. Spent the day at the junk yard looking for parts for my truck and then spent today doing yard work. I'm a bit sunburned now. :)
I wish I could do that for future games... but having taken an active play style for 2 games, suddenly changing that may be taken as a scum play. Although I remember I came under a bit of fire in my first game on day 1 as well...

(I probably should not start talking about future games until the end of this one...)

I have no idea how to respond to the recent comments, other than to tell Iceman that Formerfish gave reads on almost everyone... not sure if it was actually ALL of us though.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 283, Formerfish wrote:So I don't know about you guys, but I do a lot of my best thinking on the john. So as I'm sitting here I have this thought:

Thoughts (I suggest rereading this while sitting on a toilet, it might make more sense that way)?
Hey this is my argument :p
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 290, IcemanCh wrote:Formerfish - Neutral. I should be reading them as town to be honest but, the play style in this game seems different from the last. The Last one he was extremely aggressive when he found someone he thought was scum. Like over the top aggressive. This game it seems more like he's trying to be persuasive to get people to vote his way. It's different. I wouldn't say that makes him scum. He only survived one day and the entire day was EXTREMELY drama filled.
I wouldn't disagree with you here. 1872 was my first game back on site after a year off. I was rusty and had trouble finding my feet due to that and the game state. Then I died n1. As a VT, drawing a night kill n1 is the best thing they can really hope for. I know I was aggressive, but it was because it helped hide the PRs that were able to hide. Not saying that was on purpose at all. Just kinda how it turned out from nerves and over eagerness.

If you want to see a completely different game check me out in 1873. I was uber-aggressive in that one as a town cop. I lived on to day 3 where we figured out the game after I hard pushed a lynch on scum day 2. I also had 28% of the posts in that game and was a bit over the top. Again, I didn't set out for that to happen, just what did.

This is going to be a combo of the two. Or nothing. I did say a scummer with skill can manipulate a meta. Or you just wait and roll with me and see where this goes....
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 294, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 283, Formerfish wrote:So I don't know about you guys, but I do a lot of my best thinking on the john. So as I'm sitting here I have this thought:

Hey this is my argument :p
I started to be able to see it that way, just took the long way.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by Bins »

A claim like that doesn't make sense from town or scum, unfortunately.

As I said in my first posts, don't claim if you're a town PR. Especially if you're not in THAT much risk to be lynched. I get the panic when you're a PR, though. I get really stressed and soft it when I roll doctor. But if he is town, he would have known claiming doctor means death tonight. Which isn't a town perspective, honestly. Especially as a PR.

Same for scum. Scum doesn't want to put themselves in the "oh... yeah... so I didn't die night one even though I claimed PR... well... rest in peace." Or really set themselves up for a CC like that for no reason. The soft was really awkward though. An outright claim I would have called town 100%.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by Bins »

I've been reading E as completely freaked out at this game and it's protocols. Not sure if fakeclaiming is really something I see happening from him as scum, but maybe he was misreading how screwed he was. Like when he asked the other player in this game to claim.

Iunno, I kind of still townread it. I think scum would love to jump on this too because it's difficult to read.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 273, Skygazer wrote:
In post 271, TrinityNZ wrote: Nonny still looks to me like she could be scum, she seems defensive of 2.7 and seemed to be giving him some pointers for him to use in his defence
1) Do you have any specific examples of this? She's been consistently pushing him and has her vote on him and I haven't seen her defend 2.7 so I'm not buying this at all
2) As it's been said before, scum can talk to each other privately so I don't see why she'd be coaching him publicly if she was coaching him
OK, post #236, where it looks like she is telling him what to do, and also she says she is leaning towards him being null, which seems strange in view of other comments.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”