Newbie 1876 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Bins »

I think Guerilla, Sky and Formerfish are pretty town.
Trinity is just below that. Same with Ice.

That doesn’t leave me with a lot, lol.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:11 am

Post by brassherald »

I'm not super concerned with your read because it's wrong, it's been wrong, and you have not made any compelling case to sway anyone to your read on me, so, no, I'm good without asking about it. If you want to share something about it, don't be scared, you can just talk like anyone else here.

It can even be about any of your reads of the 7 other players you need to read in this game.

So, in short, I have no questions, read is wrong.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:36 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 45, Bins wrote:
In post 41, brassherald wrote:I'm fine with putting a wagon to L-2 this early.

VOTE: nonny

Early read, this is sus.
Sus, why?

I voted nonny for a reason too, but it was more just tonal. Anything in particular?
You could talk about this Bins. I have a wall post out there with your name on it too with some questions.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:16 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Is that it, bins? The posts we held off for?
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:29 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Cuz I just went through your ISO and if 2.7 flips red you're probably my #1 pick for his partner.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by brassherald »

Not gonna lie, Bins town lean has died a pathetic death since I said it.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Yeah bins is not looking too hot with those "weighing in" posts, I hope she posts something more substantial soon.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Bins, so far your case on brass has just been for preemptively townreading you which seems pretty weak at this point imo. I stated that I was scumreading brass a couple of days ago but as of right now you sit scummier than he does.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

Has anyone ever heard of a tactic before where a scum will say they’ve been away for a few days and asking everyone to hold off on lynching someone. And then it turns out they were partners? Could Bins’ absence have been meant to just give time for things to cool down against 2.7, if they are partners?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by Skygazer »

That's a good question. I don't think it'll be very productive to speculate about associations until after our first flip, though.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Skygazer »

I don't think lynching Bins today is the best idea for the record, for reasons I don't want to talk about yet.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

It could be a really good strategy, just saying.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Yeah my read of her is based entirely on her constant defense of 2.7, like almost every post of her's contained some small attempt at alleviating pressure off him. It's a short ISO and if he flips red it'll be telling.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

So what are we doing then. I don't think much has changed for me. I still see E as the scumiest so far. I agree on the roads on bins. Although shouldn't a scum IC know hollow to fake a wall of text?
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

Sorry I'm I'm mobile
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

The only complaint I have about lynching Bins is that I kind of do not to lynch the IC on day 1. I am sure that if we think she is scum we can kill her off before LyLo, but if she is town then we would be killing a valuable "soft" asset (soft, as opposed to a "hard" asset like a PR). The IC, if town, can be the key to the town's success, especially in LyLo's.

In fact, in my first game, we lynched the IC on day 1, and lost. Yes, correlation does not imply causation and there were plenty of other factors, but still.

Brass, why did you say
It can even be about any of your reads of the 7 other players you
need to read
in this game.
Would you not have seen Bins' post 7 minutes before? (Or did you not see that there was a 14th page?)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 298, Bins wrote:I've been reading E as completely freaked out at this game and it's protocols. Not sure if fakeclaiming is really something I see happening from him as scum, but maybe he was misreading how screwed he was. Like when he asked the other player in this game to claim.
It still stands out to me, that he said "I thought we don't lynch non CC PR" (paraphrased). That is significant regardless. But leans towards nervous scum that panicked and thought they found a "get out of jail free" card. He obviously was feel pressured, or he wouldn't have claimed, the claim was rushed as well. The messiness of it lends to inexperienced player with no guidance, a townie may have said "hey guys, do you want me to claim?" whereas a scum would have asked his partner. Maybe reading too far into it, but my guess is the latter and the partner was absent long enough to make 2.7 nervous and jump the gun.
In post 305, Bins wrote:I think brassherald is still my strongest scumread. I have pretty much every other slot at varying levels of town, which I'll try and get into.
Why? Your original vote did not have that much to go on, and you have not elaborated since.
In post 324, Bins wrote:I’m hesitant to straight up say my townreads if we’re about to lose our doctor.

What does this mean? How does a lack of doctor effect townreads? For all we know currently there isn't even a doctor in play. Is the assumption doc 2.7 would be protecting you tonight? What could you have to share that is that valuable/harmful?
In post 333, TrinityNZ wrote:Has anyone ever heard of a tactic before where a scum will say they’ve been away for a few days and asking everyone to hold off on lynching someone. And then it turns out they were partners? Could Bins’ absence have been meant to just give time for things to cool down against 2.7, if they are partners?

Scum are notorious for lurking, and jumping in when something may actually happen that causes them issue. So, I wouldn't say it's unheard of
In post 335, Skygazer wrote:I don't think lynching Bins today is the best idea for the record, for reasons I don't want to talk about yet.
/curious
In post 340, 2 718281828459 wrote:The only complaint I have about lynching Bins is that I kind of do not to lynch the IC on day 1. I am sure that if we think she is scum we can kill her off before LyLo, but if she is town then we would be killing a valuable "soft" asset (soft, as opposed to a "hard" asset like a PR). The IC, if town, can be the key to the town's success, especially in LyLo's.

In fact, in my first game, we lynched the IC on day 1, and lost. Yes, correlation does not imply causation and there were plenty of other factors, but still.

Brass, why did you say
It can even be about any of your reads of the 7 other players you
need to read
in this game.
Would you not have seen Bins' post 7 minutes before? (Or did you not see that there was a 14th page?)
Lynching Bins has only been casually discussed at this point, so this feels premature. Secondly, having a scum IC can be just as harmful as having a town IC is helpful. Really it is just perspective, alignment, etc. So far this game Bins hasn't contributed a lot IC wise other than the initial intro which leaned towards being promising IC play.

Brass is correct, Bins could discuss those reads more. All she did was list the active players (minus one) and give her alignment reads. There was no reasoning, no "evidence", etc. It's a soft read if anything, and I agree with Brass saying she could expand if she's keen too. Especially since she breadcrumbed having more on Brass but not wanting to reveal it unless Brass himself was worried.

It's been well over the 24hours that Bins requested and the contribution as everyone has said was sparse at best. Still agree we have nothing concrete until we have a lynch and that 2.7 is the best lynch right now. I would like to see more from Bins but it feels like pulling teeth at this point. I'm leaning scum on Bins or Trinity, the latter could just be clouded by newbness, obviously depends on how 2.7 flips. Do we think 5 more days is going to reveal a whole lot more, or is it just posturing?

VOTE: 2.7 So when we do agree on hammer it'll be easy to do.
*insert bad joke here*
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Skygazer »

I have a feeling that's all we'll hear from bins. It's a shame it wasn't really anything new.

Intent to hammer.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Hang on, she said 24 hours so maybe that wasn't her big thing.

We can afford to be patient. Let's be fair, she's probably still V/LA.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 274, Bins wrote:Hi all, been in Paris. I’ll post tomorrow when I’m back at work!

Haven’t read the last two pages. But there’s no reason to rush anything just yet.

In the future please let us know if you are going to be away like this. It takes only a few seconds to do a simple "V/LA a few days due to (reason)" post. -Mod
It's been over 24 hrs, just saying. *shrug*
*insert bad joke here*
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Don't worry, I'm taking my time on this.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

You're counting from the wrong post nonny :p June 25th at 10 pm UTC, still like 14 hours
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.11

TrinityNZ (1) - Skygazer
GuerillaWoo (0) -
2 718281828459 (4) - Formerfish, IcemanCh, TrinityNZ, nonny
Skygazer (0) -
IcemanCh (1) - brassherald
nonny (0) -
Formerfish (0) -
brassherald (2) - Bins, 2 718281828459
Bins (0) -

Not Voting: GuerillaWoo

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Sunday, July 1st at 11:15 am PDT which is in
(expired on 2018-07-01 11:15:00)
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 346, GuerillaWoo wrote:You're counting from the wrong post nonny :p June 25th at 10 pm UTC, still like 14 hours
Maybe, post where she was upset about the 24hrs was past tense, so went to v/la post. Not in a rush.
*insert bad joke here*
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 326, brassherald wrote:I'm not super concerned with your read because it's wrong, it's been wrong, and you have not made any compelling case to sway anyone to your read on me, so, no, I'm good without asking about it. If you want to share something about it, don't be scared, you can just talk like anyone else here.

It can even be about any of your reads of the 7 other players you need to read in this game.

So, in short, I have no questions, read is wrong.
This is a pretty meh reaction to me. Scum always try and look like they don’t care.

I’m not sure why you’re trying to set a E red flip to me, I don’t defend a partner to the death like this. I release how condemning this would be as scum.

@Guerrilla - It was more I need to address some questions had to me and I’ve been on mobile. When I get my internet at work today, I’ll be able to respond to more @Bins posts.

If you really want to hammer, feel free. I have said my reads.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”