Newbie 1874 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:26 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 2.1

Not voting (7) - BlackVoid, Draynth, JaysADweeb, Myloninja13, OkaPoka, OnlyIAmMe, UnaBombaH

With seven players alive, it takes four votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Two is Tuesday, 10th July, 2.15pm BST, (in (expired on 2018-07-10 14:15:00)).
JaysADweeb
JaysADweeb
Townie
JaysADweeb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 am

Post by JaysADweeb »

In post 523, BlackVoid wrote:
@JaysADweeb, I specifically requested that no one hammer a page or so before you posted. Why did you feel that the day had to end right then? Do you have any reads or thoughts on the game?
I regret not giving stan1ey a fair shake and that was a HUGE rookie mistake on my part, and I will give everyone a chance to talk from now on. As any reads, to be honest, I'm taking a shot in the dark as I haven't seen alot but... OnlyIAmMe and OkaPoka are suspicious to me. They just seem a bit iffy. As for the game, I am still a bit of a dumbass since I'm usually a moderator not a player.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:37 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 522, BlackVoid wrote:@Draynth, what I was holding back was actually something regarding Stanley's first game (he was scum in it). A town player had questioned him on his townreads. Stanley's IC partner then gave him some advice here. When I read Stanley's posts in this game, it pinged that he kept saying "I don't think scum would make this post" or "I doubt he would post this" and I had this somewhat paranoid thought that he was using the coaching he received in his scumgame to help him explain reads here. I held back on this to let him post more and see if is becomes a pattern and then directly inquire about it. I guess even if he was following it, it could be used for both alignments but it just struck me as weird like he needed a script to follow if that makes any sense.
Hmm, that's pretty interesting actually.
In post 522, BlackVoid wrote: As far as my other reads go, OkaPoka's posts resonate with me and I have a pretty hard townread there. I'm no longer considering FC's slot as potential scum. I'm pissed at JaysADweeb's hammer especially since I have a really hard time seeing Lefty as scum here. That was a pretty big downgrade of a replacement and it really hurt my enthusiasm for this game so much that I didn't even bother reading it overnight. I felt like with the way town were playing, as long as me/Lefty/Ircher/Oka trusted each other, the game would basically be autowin if there was a PR/clear among one of the other players. That Stanley was the Cop and he got hammered by a newbie replacing into an obvious town slot was like a literal sucker punch. I still lean town on the slot but not as strongly and would like JaysADweeb to be more involved so I can get a better read. My stance on Myloninja hasn't changed at all. That leaves you (Draynth), UnaH, and OIAM who I have the least reason to townread. I think UnaH/Draynth or UnaH/OIAM are the most probable (I originally discounted UnaH/Draynth). But UnaH is the player I suspect most pending my read on his meta.
Fair enough, thanks for the reply
In post 522, BlackVoid wrote: Now I have a few questions for you as well. What was your original reason for townreading Stanley and voting UnaH? I'm talking about so would be nice to see explanations there. What did you think of UnaH's walls and did they affect your read there? When you put Kernel as scum for "isn't scumhunting at all," did you mean that the posts he made were not scumhunting or that he didn't have enough content in thread? I was also going to ask you for your reads but you already said you'll post them. I think it'll be helpful to explain them in some depth when you get around to it.
Stan1ey was gut, which was the reasoning behind me saying I wanted to try and put it into tangible evidence. I wish I could give you a better reason than that.
Una was gut too, but the walls actually made me lean scum more on the slot because I felt like that was a distinct lack of content despite the walls. I'll probably expand on this more in the reads post.

I felt kernel 'wasn't scumhunting' because a large portion of his posting was directed at me.
He voted me as RVS, then said that the vote was staying because I was inactive but then also claimed that based on my meta he thought that was actually a town tell? Then he didn't unvote or do anything else.
In retrospect kernel was pretty scummy.
In post 526, JaysADweeb wrote: I regret not giving stan1ey a fair shake and that was a HUGE rookie mistake on my part, and I will give everyone a chance to talk from now on. As any reads, to be honest, I'm taking a shot in the dark as I haven't seen alot but... OnlyIAmMe and OkaPoka are suspicious to me. They just seem a bit iffy. As for the game, I am still a bit of a dumbass since I'm usually a moderator not a player.
What about the two of them seems suspsicious to you? Any examples?
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:31 am

Post by OkaPoka »

only mylo hasn't checked in so far, so once he does we can probably answer a lot of questions about una.

@draynth yo were the readslist at/who do you think is scum
In post 472, BlackVoid wrote:I finished reading through OkaPoka's posts. I'm really glad this replacement happened because he comes across very town. Lots of analysis and conclusions that I'm on the same page on and I also can follow the thought process pretty easily. I'll re-read OIAM again to see if I'm missing something there.

@OkaPoka, what do you think of OIAM's push on Stanley starting from ? That's my biggest reason for thinking he's town. It took me a couple of read-throughs to understand what he was talking about but the way he was pushing it and the confidence felt like he actually thought he spotted something and it didn't feel fake at all. I'm interested in seeing where your conversation with OIAM is going too so don't hammer just yet. I'll weigh in on it later.
imma answer this now bc i forgot to before.

imo it just kinda feels like he is trying to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, hell he even admits that
In post 213, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Just trying to make another case. I'm talking about the fact that you
didn't
say that putting someone at l-2 id a bad thing. I'm 99% sure that was the main reason--joining a wagon and putting an l-2 vote on someone.
normally this would def be scummread from me, but the fact that he is admitting to doing this? moves to a nullread. Usually imo scum doesn't admit that they messed up/had bad reads until a flip happens and then they get all sorry and shit. which is incidentally why I'm still scumreading oiam because i feel like his whole dance with the rolecop/cop= scumslip was a slip of mouth and he can't admit that he might have been wrong and his gambit explanation is even dumber.

which is why i kinda need this question answered
@OIAM WHAT WAS THE SCUMSLIP MYLO MADE?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i dont think we should also discard possibility of jay=scum, because though lefty's posting style was town as hell, scum could pull it off with a lot of effort and the main problem is that the style of play lefty was playing if he was scum is unsustainable as scum as more days progress and the chances of more slips/breaking of character (? dunno if thats right) goes up.

@jaysadweeb what was your thought process then behind the hammer? was it simply follow the biggest wagon or was it being troll or something else?
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:05 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

@okapoka From what Mylo said it wax probably a mistake.
They said there couldn't be a mafia cop(rolecop), which I took as Mylo saying "there's another maf role, not cop"

@whoever said it
Oka is scum because the moderator picked them.
And because FC is scum.
@draynth
The Reason I had the l-1 vote is Because I like doing useless things.
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:07 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

vote:jay

Quick hammering is useless town
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:08 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Jay is scum, which helps my jay/oka teamead because they distanced me and Oka, calling us both susp.(why is oka susp to you?).
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:53 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 531, OnlyIAmMe wrote:
vote:jay

Quick hammering is useless town
but is it indicative of scum behavior?
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:57 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Yes
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:00 am

Post by OkaPoka »

okay good answer thanks
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:16 am

Post by OkaPoka »

your case really sucks btw
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

They quickhammered a cop without claiming intent. Why is that a bad case?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 am

Post by OkaPoka »

because you have to prove motivation which you aren't and you won't be able to do unless you ask questions which you aren't doing to jay
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:20 am

Post by OkaPoka »

we have two scenarios imo
jay is scum and quickhammered to get a free lynch and can now chalk it up to inexperience and being bad and an oopsie

or jay is town is actually hammered him because inexperienced and being bad and an oopsie

which is why i am asking him for reasoning behind the hammer

feel free to throw some more questions that you find are relevant
or dont its a free country
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:48 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Jay, why do you find me and Oka suspicious?
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 am

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

How many games have you modded?
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:54 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Apparently I can't link to the exact post easily enough, so I'll try to give a link to the game, and quote the relevant posts.
If you really think I'd be stupid enough to fake any of them, you can check my ISO from the game-link then. :yawn:

This first example was my first ever Normal game, and like my third game overall. I was a Rolecop.

Subject: Mini Normal 1931 | Endgame
UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 52, rb wrote:UnaBombaH or sunlit are both fine lynches for today
Claiming role: TEAMPLAYER
In my second post of the game nontheless..! :lol:

UnaBombaH wrote:Oh, and in all seriousness,
are there really any set roles in the game
? (don't be stupid, I'm not asking anyone
to claim
)
This was mainly just to throw something out there to follow my start up.
This was so long ago that I might've actually been confused as to what roles were allowed in Normals, but instead of looking it up, I decided to word it so that I can point to it later.

Mulch wrote:On the plus on this one I got RC lynched
..combined with..
UnaBombaH wrote:Also, he got RC lynched and Im a fanboy.
If he flips town, this wagon was a counter and
Im gonna RC
the shit out of Sunlit after.
^^..was me abusing the fact that mulch mentioned RadiantCowbells (to anyone who doesn't know: a very good and experienced player on site). I went that far for a crumb that I could maybe abuse later too, and point to in the end..

UnaBombaH wrote:I can persuade anyone,
Im totally RC
..as you can see here.
This is how far ahead I had planned that crumb.

UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 2653, MarioManiac4 wrote:like i'm fully aware that fl/paul/una is not a viable team. but they probably had the shittiest reasons for being on me.
I honestly had the best one! :lol:
This was me hinting that I had checked Mario N1 and found out he had fakeclaimed. :]

These are the ones from that game that I was able to find easily.
I'll try to find a few other examples from other games now.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:07 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

This one had an even more sick setup for the start of my crumbs..! :lol:
I WAS A TOWN UNIVERSAL BACKUP HERE. (so I mainly wanted to get a "tub" or two in there..! :lol:

Subject: Mini Normal 1969 - Blessed Mafia (Werewolf Win)
UnaBombaH wrote:I think BAHs are over-appreciated anyway..! :]

Baths on the other hand.. :roll:
..was always going to be a setup for..
UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 4, UnaBombaH wrote:Baths on the other hand.. :roll:
I'll stop spamming now,
you'll find me the tub
when we can get to playing.
Notice the intentional typo in here.
Everyone would just think I missed the "in" there, but.. ;)

UnaBombaH wrote:We had discussed "cinematic universes" and agreed on how lame the idea of The
Universal
s Dark Universe -Cinematic Universe is.. :facepalm:
..you should get the point already. :yawn:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:21 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Don't wanna clutter the thread but if you want a third example, I did something very similar in 2018 TeamMafia. :]
I was a
Town Backup Doc
, and I started with a very "out there" crumb in saying "buttock" - a word I doubt I'd ever use anywhere else :lol: - and was ready to twist it into "BuDoc" but didn't want to go through the hassle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I did use that acronym later in the game though :roll: )
I then dropped something like "second opinion", called myself a "bud" of someone (BackUpDoc), mentioned having a "backup-plan" etc etc.

This is what I do as a PR no matter the game, and I REALLY dislike fakeclaiming as scum, so if meta is what you were looking for, everything points to me being town, and my role being exactly what I say it is - I'm a Doctor.

Now I'll do a proper catchup with reads tomorrow, and I hope we can move past the claim, and try to solve the game with actual scumhunting! :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

have you been not scumhunting this entire time?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 540, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Jay, why do you find me and Oka suspicious?
In post 541, OnlyIAmMe wrote:How many games have you modded?
draynth already asked the first question

why is the second question relevant?
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

I didn't realizwe until I looked back the first question was asked.
Does it matter who asked it? Depending on the person, shouldn't you ask the same thing each page?
The second question is relevamt because if jay had modded a lot of games, they should have seen what quickhammmering like that does for town. Although I wanted Jay's answer before this,they'll probably say!"not a lot" or "i don't rememberl
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:12 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Edit: Not every page, it was this page.
But I believe it can only help to repeat.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Post by Huntress »

bump

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”