NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:05 pm

Post by brassherald »

Re , I'm not going to say I have a great explanation, but dramonic's posts just feel like scum posting. It's pure gut, and no real evidence, yeah, but, like everything feels like he's too calculated, I guess would be the right phrase, to be town.

I also don't think is a town post, but, again, I can't quite put my finger on why.

My dramonic read is purely instinct, and I cannot read his posts and tell my stupid instinct with my brain that it's being stupid.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:14 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 452, Chickadee wrote:The thing that bothers me most about flubbers posting is that their entire catch up is self focused.
It's not. I talked a lot about Gustavo and inferno, who had the majority of the posting at the time.

I have to look at the other two wagons and see how/why they composed, and their similarities with what happened to me, all while trying to keep up with the thread.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:22 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 463, davesaz wrote:
In post 444, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 439, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Does anyone believe for a second that any player can be “coasting” less than 24 hours into the start of a game? Or that a Town Flubber would make that the tentpole of why Rask would be scummy.
If it were a suspicion worthy of conviction I would have voted there.
IMO this sidesteps the actual question. I looked through your ISO to see what came out of , if anything.
You floated the idea of coasting. Is there something you can share with us that indicates that Rask's activity during that period was somehow out of line with the norm? If not, what's the point of bringing it up at all?
It was really just that he hadn't said much. I used weak language and actions because I knew the reasoning was weak. It's early game, so this should be expected. They're pretty obviously not coasting if you look at their subsequent posts.

I feel like I'm being pressured into trying to defend a scum read on task and that's not going to happen for what should be obvious reasons.

I am also frustrated that this is the only thing my wagon is built off of because it's barely one step above wagoning me for rvs, which we should be well beyond atm.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:28 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Inferno
- In regards to I understand your point of view but I have a strong opinion that post count has absolutely nothing to do with content provided. Heck I would argue that I have more readable and parseable content than several of the top 5 posters in this game despite not having a high post count. I don't think it is automatically anti-Town to be a hyper poster as long as you

A. understand that page count can be an anti-Town barrier just as much if not moreso than the wall-posting
B. there is nothing inherently wrong with someone only posting 3 to 5 times in a 24 hour period as long as said posts have readable content.

So when you called out all players under 20 posts as needing to provide content you appeared to be using an arbitrary post count threshold instead of a content threshold. Which I found problematic.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:09 am

Post by HitAlt »

Dave+SkyGazer+chick.

Please don't N1 kill me so that I can see you all hang.
VOTE: SkyGazer first?
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:15 am

Post by HitAlt »

Oh yeah, Dramonic still fits as a fourth.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:31 am

Post by brassherald »

Why SkyGazer as a first pick? I feel weird about the one slot I can't remember any of the posts from at this point but I'm not sure it is sufficient for me to support lynching that slot
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:33 am

Post by the worst »

Fwiw (abandoning my shady sorting methods for one moment) I have skygazer as most obvscum itt
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:35 am

Post by HitAlt »

Then you are doing something right.
Not that you normally aren't.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:41 am

Post by brassherald »

Okay, yeah, Skygazer, dramonic, flubber, and chick seems like a scumteam, after rereading the iso for Skygazer.

By the way, Chick has, to my memory always scumread me and I don't believe I have ever been in a game with her where I rolled scum. I'm disturbed by the fact that she backed down from a read on me by saying she was attributing posts by someone else to me, as if anyone really posts like me. Low priority in my order, though.

Duck, if you drop a vote on Skygazer, I'll join you.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:46 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 475, brassherald wrote:Re , I'm not going to say I have a great explanation, but dramonic's posts just feel like scum posting. It's pure gut, and no real evidence, yeah, but, like everything feels like he's too calculated, I guess would be the right phrase, to be town.

I also don't think is a town post, but, again, I can't quite put my finger on why.

My dramonic read is purely instinct, and I cannot read his posts and tell my stupid instinct with my brain that it's being stupid.
Those tags lead to your own post and the OP, so I'm assumin you screwed up something in there :neutral:
Also I might come off as calculated because I have to actually think about how I post. My normal posting style is not chill at all. XD
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 am

Post by brassherald »

The second should be the other was intentionally to my own post because xyzzy spoke about that post in his post immediately before mine.

Sorry about my typo
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:17 am

Post by the worst »

haven't read into the scumteam call-out and may not tonight but can definitely get in on this Sky wagon.

VOTE: SkyGazer
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:24 am

Post by brassherald »

VOTE: SkyGazer

As promised.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:26 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I just did another read through on Sky and there is something definitely scummy about her posts. I can get behind this wagon.
But someone else I’ve been stuck on is Elbirn. I keep rereading his ISO and thee is something really odd about his posting. I can’t figure out what though.
VOTE: Skygazer
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:28 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

The majority of the votes in this game have had words around them but are effectively naked votes
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:30 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 484, brassherald wrote:Okay, yeah, Skygazer, dramonic, flubber, and chick seems like a scumteam, after rereading the iso for Skygazer.

By the way, Chick has, to my memory always scumread me and I don't believe I have ever been in a game with her where I rolled scum. I'm disturbed by the fact that she backed down from a read on me by saying she was attributing posts by someone else to me, as if anyone really posts like me. Low priority in my order, though.

I'll explain a bit. I'm a very visual person. Your name is BRASSherald. Davesaz's avi is literally a picture of a Rodin statue, which the majority of, are cast in metal. So in my mind, I was linking the two without going back to look.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:34 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 491, Chickadee wrote:
In post 484, brassherald wrote:Okay, yeah, Skygazer, dramonic, flubber, and chick seems like a scumteam, after rereading the iso for Skygazer.

I'll explain a bit. I'm a very visual person. Your name is BRASSherald. Davesaz's avi is literally a picture of a Rodin statue, which the majority of, are cast in metal. So in my mind, I was linking the two without going back to look.
I guess that makes sense.

I'm not down to lynch you today anyway, even if my issue did hold up.

If no one else wants to, I'll hop on tonight and give a quick rundown of the issues with Skygazer.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 490, Flubbernugget wrote:The majority of the votes in this game have had words around them but are effectively naked votes
Well Skygazer has an effectively naked ISO.
Not really sure what else to say about it.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:01 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 475, brassherald wrote: I also don't think is a town post, but, again, I can't quite put my finger on why.
Time travel? :P
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:07 am

Post by davesaz »

I flat out disagree with 472, there are clear "you guys are scumreading me for the wrong reason" tells in Gustavo's posting.
I'm concerned that Skygazer wagon seems too easy. I agree that there isn't any obvious town motivation in that ISO.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:09 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 490, Flubbernugget wrote:The majority of the votes in this game have had words around them but are effectively naked votes
That's a nice observation but what does it mean to you?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:11 am

Post by dramonic »

I see less "caught for the reason" and more "you guys are idiots for scumreading me because I'm town and therefore cannot be scummy"
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:11 am

Post by dramonic »

*wrong reason
I'm a hoot
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:17 am

Post by Inferno390 »

See, what really bothers me in hindsight was the fact that Gustavo started acumreading Profii by saying he didn’t like his stances on no lynch, and then came back about 200 posts later and said that Profii’s stance on No Lynch had nothing to do with the read. The fact that when I pointed out there wasn’t even an attempt to defend the point doesn’t help either, but that’s a pretty big discrepancy that I’m having trouble moving past.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”