Nahdia
(5): MariaR/Chara, Dunnstral, PenguinPower, Taly
Dunnstral
(1): Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
(1): Espeonage

Not Voting
(2): Nahdia, the worst

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to achieve a majority.
Deadline in (expired on 2018-07-04 23:06:00)
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: Shoshin

Flashwagon Shoshin or hammer me. What a bad case.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1549, Shoshin wrote:1) His posting on D1 is really shitty. He kinda lurks and complains about how he can't get reads and how his role is negative utility. Nothing town in his posting and he admits it when pushed for this very reason.
Hi. This is typical for me as town...less so as scum (although as I previously pointed out, it is in Large Themes - of which I have always been scum)
In post 1549, Shoshin wrote:2) He votes Taly after it's already pretty obvious that Taly's town and that Taly is sort of leading the town. There's a pretty clear scum agenda to the push on Taly - stop Taly from unifying the town - but why push Taly if he's town? It's just a very bizarre push, one that I can't make sense of. And he keeps pushing Taly throughout the game (see below).
As previously stated, votes on D1 meant shit. I said that right before voting. How was a pushing anything?
In post 1549, Shoshin wrote:3) His degree of certainty that Pun was scum on D1 simply didn't square with the game. Like, PP kept saying that he had no problems dying or getting ranked 0 as long as we killed Pun too because that's how certain he was that Pun was scum. It's absurd because no townie would have been that confident about Pun. As a secondary matter, PP's self-destructive appeal is the sort of thing that almost always comes from scum, almost always. Townies just don't do that sort of thing, whereas scum often do it as a way to manipulate townies into thinking the player doesn't care about self-preservation even though that's actually their #1 priority.
Don't think you would understand this, but I know Punreader from prior games, and I know what they were trying to do with their case on me. I am a bit less certain now, but I was willing D1 to go down with them based on that. I honestly don't care about self-preservation, especially now. As usual, your "almost always" comments are wrong.
In post 1549, Shoshin wrote:4) PP's rankings are shit and his entire approach to scumhunting doesn't make any sense from a town perspective. He categorically scumhunts the people who are townreading him in 970 - "I'm not town enough to be read as town so the scum are probably among the people townreading me" - and that just doesn't make any sense from a town perspective. It's actually a very scum-aligned thought process because the scum would KNOW that anyone who townreads them is wrong. Also, what happened to the scumread on Pun? He's dropped any semblance of a push on Pun.
As previously mentioned, my rankings were based on how much I liked you D1. Nothing else. I'm not pushing Pun because Pun is not getting lynched today no matter what given night actions. Wow.
In post 1549, Shoshin wrote:5) He continues casting subtle shade at Taly by questioning why Taly isn't voting him. Weird question from a town perspective. Townies are usually suspicious of people who vote them, not suspicious of people who don't. The question implies yet again that he thinks people shouldn't be townreading him, which is a thought process that makes more sense from a scum perspective who knows players shouldn't be townreading him.
Yeah...because Taly has a playstyle I'm not accustom too...he has been strongly implying that I was scum but never voted. I don't really like that.
In post 1549, Shoshin wrote:6) He says I'm town all game until I stopped posting. Then he says I'm scum and votes me. What changed? I became a viable mislynch. The real problem with PP's vote is that he tries to justify it by reference to my town meta in 1352, when actually the only reason to vote me is just that I stopped posting because I was disengaged (not AI for me - I've been prodded in my town games on THIS site, including a game that PP read, yet haven't been prodded yet in this one).
When did I say you were town? Much less "all game."
In post 1549, Shoshin wrote:The entire way PP's playing is very manipulative, it doesn't cohere with a townie's mindset, and his votes are opportunistic, determined by the sway of collective opinion. There's nothing townie anywhere to be found in his posting. Yes, it's an easy lynch, because he's probably scum.
Lot's of buzzwords...not sure how I'm manipulative, it cohere's with my townie mindset, which votes are opportunistic? Scum usually aren't an easy lynch given their partners know they are scum.

Very bad case. Doesn't align with town!Shoshin who would give reasoning like this without being prompted.
<(") | (")>
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 236, Taly wrote: VOTE: PenguinPower
In post 317, Taly wrote: VOTE: PenguinPower
VOTE: PenguinPower
In post 967, Taly wrote:UNVOTE:
I have voted, I just haven't tunneled. Sorry to disappoint.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

D1 votes mean shit.

I missed today's vote, cuz you were voting with me on Fire like 10 minutes later. Sorry for that.
<(") | (")>
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1577, PenguinPower wrote:When did I say you were town? Much less "all game."
You said I was town in . Why'd that change?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by Taly »

Shoshin
, what do you think of
Nahdia
?
In post 1553, the worst wrote:I need someone to tell me if I'm over WIFOMing myself on PP. But if he's scum what actually is his agenda? it kinda feels like he's becoming a compromise lynch just because his reads are out of sync and he was uncomfortable with the gamestate. I get that this could be town or could be scum pushing some bullshit but I just don't get why scum!PP would be doing this.

can like preferably Taly or Chara weigh in and tell me if I'm going mad?
I've literally been having this internal dialogue on
PP
for half of this dayphase.

He's playing in a way where there's really no concrete means to read him, he's inconsistent or not showing much of what his goals are, he focuses on aspects that don't entirely pertain to the gamestate, and he seems to tread the line of being carefree and apathy... to caution and self-preservation. I find that as a scum mindset.

But, I've also realized that
PP
and I have very different playstyles, and possibly even personalities... so I don't know what's truly NAI or not.

And I kind of think he's in the same boat with me. Which makes me think lynching him, with other people I suspect on his wagon, feels weird - like it'd feel contrived if I voted him atm, and it WOULD be a compromise lynch.

Has your thoughts changed on this?

~

Also, I've never really seen a scum-case that is strongly in the idea of someone else being town.

Shoshin
, what do you think of
TBG
in referencing D1, where he kept saying that
Me/PP
was TvS and didn't give clarity on who?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Taly »

PP
, why did you say/think that
Me/Chara/Tw
were town? What ARE your townreads atm?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1580, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1577, PenguinPower wrote:When did I say you were town? Much less "all game."
Ah. We were amidst the guilty discussion and you made a wall post...and I was a bit drunk at the time.

You haven't come close to continuing that since.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1582, Taly wrote:
PP
, why did you say/think that
Me/Chara/Tw
were town? What ARE your townreads atm?
I wanted to see what it elicited, and I do think that those that rated me highly are suspect. Tbf, I don't have strong town reads right now, especially given this is my first game with a lot of you.

Chara is probably my strongest tr just based on previous games. But, it's nothing that I won't re-eval later. I am more "these are the people I want gone" then people I townread.

Pun knows better, so is a scum read. Shoshin is a complete meta scum read. Deas is probably my strongest "gameplay" scum read.
<(") | (")>
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Taly »

Can yuo explain a bit more in depth on the
DV
"gameplay" scumread?

And where's your thoughts on
Nahdia
?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1568, ManWithNoName wrote:Why are you so concerned with appearing town rather than just playing to a town wincon in order to just help town win?

Super Pro Tip, do town things, and town reads will follow, this much concern about being townread by people troubles me. It troubles me quite a bit.
I understand why you'd be concerned about this but you also need to understand where I'm coming from. Even the best townies get mislynched sometimes; being townread isn't always as simple as doing pro-town things, sometimes it's a matter of presenting your thought process in a way that allows others to understand how it comes from a town perspective.

I'm concerned about appearing town because I've been disengaged from the game to the point where there's an understandable amount of paranoia about my alignment, and when I started getting back into the game doing pro-town things, people still called me scum because I didn't have enough certainty and they didn't like my question-based approach.

My sense is that people are getting caught up in the way I'm presenting my thoughts instead of actually looking at what I'm saying, so I'm presenting basically the exact same information except in the form of cases. Like, I had said most of the stuff in my PP case before. There's not really much new stuff there. I just put the information together in a different way so that players who can't read between the lines see what I'm saying and are better able to understand my thought process.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1581, Taly wrote:Shoshin, what do you think of Nahdia?
I don't remember anything she's done today. My thoughts on D1 were initially townie - she made some points about town PP that made sense to me, and I liked something else about her that I can't remember now - but when I reread to finalize my rankings I started to doubt whether she was town. I felt pretty strongly that PP was scum so I didn't like her defense anymore, and the rest of her posting wasn't very good, she wanted to end the day without much interest in scumhunting.

I think if you suspect Nahdia you should take a closer look at Maria, because Maria's basically a much scummier version of Nahdia as far as I can tell. I haven't made a case on Maria yet but when I do I'll make a point of comparing to Nahdia so you can see the parallels that I'm thinking about.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1581, Taly wrote:Also, I've never really seen a scum-case that is strongly in the idea of someone else being town.

Shoshin, what do you think of TBG in referencing D1, where he kept saying that Me/PP was TvS and didn't give clarity on who?
I don't know what you mean by either of these statements/quesitons. Can you clarify?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1583, PenguinPower wrote:
Ah. We were amidst the guilty discussion and you made a wall post...and I was a bit drunk at the time.

That wall post said the exact same thing that my case said.

So, first time you read it, you thought it was town, but now you're reading the same exact analysis and think it's scummy?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1585, Taly wrote:Can yuo explain a bit more in depth on the DV "gameplay" scumread?
Mostly that his voting doesn't align at all with his rankings, or his ranking with his statements on players, especially given the casualness associated.
In post 1585, Taly wrote:And where's your thoughts on Nahdia?
Don't like that she rated me highly, said she made her stance on me clear D1, and then disappeared. I don't usually care for people who town read me when I shouldn't be.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1589, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1583, PenguinPower wrote:

That wall post said the exact same thing that my case said.

So, first time you read it, you thought it was town, but now you're reading the same exact analysis and think it's scummy?
What? No. I didn't even read it. I was going off the fact that you actually made one. I don't usually read walls.
<(") | (")>
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1590, PenguinPower wrote:I don't usually care for people who town read me when I shouldn't be.
Can you link representative games of your town play that show this?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Taly, who is your ideal lynch for today?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1592, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1590, PenguinPower wrote:I don't usually care for people who town read me when I shouldn't be.
You can easily find them if you actually care.
<(") | (")>
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Taly, if you're here in real time, I'd like to have a discussion about things and maybe start developing a consensus about who to lynch and who we townread. I think a conversation about Maria would be helpful because I'm scumreading her and you're townreading. And who are we overlooking? I need someone to solve this with, this isn't the kind of game that I feel any motivation or capability to try solving unless I'm actively here discussing with someone, so I'd really appreciate your time and input.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1594, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1592, Shoshin wrote:
You can easily find them if you actually care.
I don't have the time to read every game you've ever been in to find a place where you scumhunt by questioning the people who townread you. If you do it in every game, then I'll look at the first one I find. But I'm assuming you don't do that in every game you're town, so it'd be a lot more helpful if you can find me the specific games where you say you do this.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Alright, picked a random town Penguin game to see if he scumhunts by looking at the players who townread him.

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=75471

I skimmed his iso and he did no such thing. I'm assuming he just doesn't actually do that unless he pulls up some games proving otherwise. So he's scum here, and he's scum for exactly the reasons I've said.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

You picked a "random game" where there were three different games within the game, and happens to be the only game where I didn't bus a scum at the advice of my partner during Game 2.

Seems random enough. I did win that one. Yay.

Should probably look back to 2017/2016 if you actually care. I play mostly on alts now.
<(") | (")>
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Yeah, Penguin, link some games. I don't have time to go looking for representative games. You say you do this as town, prove it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”