NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Inferno390 »

VOTE: Andrius
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:32 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 680, HitAlt wrote:
In post 657, Elbirn wrote:At any rate his nonsensical babble about having a team-solve and trying to push that through is, if not scummy, certainly bad play
I'm better at detecting those kind of moves though.
And I do not mind stirring the soup any chance I get because I already have a large spreadsheet brewing..
Trying to determine a team on day 1 with no flips is a literally useless endeavor. You have minimal information and hardly any justification for a lynch. It sounds like you picked three names out of a hat, said "okay these three are scum", and then rather than having solid reasoning for lynching any of them, your reasoning became the fact that you picked them out of a hat.

Like if you're still alive in a few days and have something for us to chew on I'm all ears but right now I really don't think you're using your time wisely if you're town, and I'd be much more inclined to listen if you had a case on an individual
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Taly:

Please read my words thanks

I never called your posts nonsensical babble. You misunderheard me talking to hitalt. I tried to explain that in an earlier post but you must have skipped it. I'm not trying to be corrosive to you as you say. Let's be cool.

With that being said I also think you have far too negative a reaction to scrutiny. If me not having an immediate positive reaction to you makes you doubt your read on me then you're letting emotions cloud your judgement. Take a deep breath m8. Remember your mantras and shit. Goosefraba. This is a happy place and, in my view at least, a p chill game.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:14 am

Post by profii »

In post 688, Taly wrote:In post 305, profii wrote:
In post 304, Ausuka wrote:
That makes sense to me though w/profii? nolynching d1 definitely doesn't help the town. Like, I agree Rask's actions weren't scummy but I feel profii's actions weren't either.

This is basically my point
I feel like I don’t really understand where Gus is coming from so I’m happy to just leave it and draw a line under it but if Gus wants to explain more I’m happy to listen

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this post.

Why don't you continue to try and understand? I don't like the "don't like it, but bye" mentality here... especially since your vote's still on him. You're just parking your vote without doing anything else.

530 is the only reason I'm not voting you atm - because you actually did something with your vote since 13

But I do want to know why you feel Flubb is scum. Or elaborate on what you've stated on him?
your posts are hard to quote, so excuse the formatting...

At that point, my vote was RVS so it didnt carry much weight tbh.

anyway, my logic to day 1 so far is that Rask RVS No lynched. I called it bad and a mini wagon formed.

Whilst this wasn't really my intention it got me thinking, it made me think that someone on that mini wagon is scum.

I include Flubber because he all but voted - posturing - so to speak.

If you look at my interactions with The Worst, I was waiting for 'something' to happen. I was looking at the wagon'eers and how they were going to leave the flubber wagon.

I considered Sky for just unvoting, but she said she was a bit vla so in the spirit of being chill, I figured Flubber was the most scummy remaining whilst I gave Sky a chance to contribute.

I was actually going to re-assess my vote as the 2 prevailing wagons were Sky and you, so i was going to get on to one as Sky was also fairly scummy in just sneaking off Rask imo and people seem to have some legit concerns over dave/you. I figured adding to these wagons might drive the day towards something, such as a counter wagon, which might be telling, however flubber is picking up so im going to hang there.

to go more into gus specifically - he get's triggered if you simply dont agree with him, you can both be town and he says 'lynch A' whilst i say 'lynch B' and he creates a conflict. He is quite frankly, a lunatic who i will not play with again, which is why i took that approach with him.

In post 690, Taly wrote:Conclusion: Scum is either very strong, or town is very weak. No middle ground. I feel like there's been much more town-wagons and town-suspected in this game than anything else.
explain this? It's day 1. Whilst we are all scum hunting, it's never super successful on day 1, so i'm not sure what you are getting at here
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Pine »

VC some time this afternoon.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:11 am

Post by HitAlt »

I don't case individuals D1.
Also do you guys even know what a honeypot/-trap is?
Also Taly seems to be supahot faiarr!

Dramonic-SkyG are on the other side of the fence, ausuka-TW the other.
Based on the amount that duck has been posting I'd call susp. though..
Might be the fact that it's D1 with a huge amount of players, but it also could be a "spicy scum"-situation, especially if both ausuka and TW are involved.
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:14 am

Post by HitAlt »

I was a bit hasty on that, dramonic fits with duck and ausuka too.
I'm willing to lynch either of dramonic/SkyG.
Taly ensured that the dave-slot gets to live another day. (Still think there's above 50% chance for scum)
Phoneposting and truthtelling.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:16 am

Post by HitAlt »

I want to hear how that Risk ended..
It's keeping me on the edge of my seat!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 705, HitAlt wrote:I don't case individuals D1.
If you don't have enough information to deduce anyone individual as scum then you can not possibly have enough information to team solve. Your process is literally backwards.

UNVOTE:

I'm beginning to feel less like im playing mafia and more like I'm just being pedantic and grumpy at people over theory so I'm gonna rethink my life
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:54 am

Post by the worst »

@Taly/Hit--both of you guys can fairly capably read me (and MoI may or may not be able to literally look into my soul). I'm chilling this phase a little in the spirit of the game as I'm normally the bloke with the same postcount as half the rest of the thread put together at this point.

my playstyle doesn't lend itself well to short coherent synthesised posts so it's something I need to force. the number of players in this phase doesn't make that easy yet.

bear with me if you don't mind. if you start panicking I'm happy to spew myself in my usual fashion but I don't think that's healthy to the current gamestate (and activity premise :P)
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Busy weekend, prodge
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Hey I’m back … had a crazy weekend …

@Taly
– Thanks for replacing in. I have a couple of questions for you.

So you just discarded all your reads as of because you didn’t like how people reacted to your entrance? Are you telling me all the work you did in your “First 9” catch-up was so flimsy as to just be discarded because you replaced a slot under pressure and people didn’t immediately give you replacement halo Town read?

In you asked me about having Townreads. Do you think it is problematic to not have Townreads stated 24 hours or so into the game? If so why should I be Town reading you given your predecessor committed to basically at most 1 or 2 reads his entire tenure? If not why ask the question in the first place?

Finally based on your only scum read in and the sparse mentions of Sky in 640 am I to take it that the entirety of your scum read on the lowest hanging fruit in the game is for the use of LAMIST?

--

May move my vote back to Flubber pending Taly’s responses above.

Continue to like Elbirn’s takes and he’s bumped up to a solid Town read for me after .
In post 623, Andrius wrote:Magna.
Plum's birthday is today.
Man that brings me back YEARS on this site. :c
Now that is a blast from the past … Plum … those were good times Mr. Baker :D
In post 709, the worst wrote:@Taly/Hit--both of you guys can fairly capably read me (and MoI may or may not be able to literally look into my soul).
Reminder to everyone
– I end up dead tomorrow morning this should absolutely be one the first stops on your “Let’s talk to those most likely to kill MoI”. After Echo Bay I think scum theworst becomes obvious to me by Day 2 “worst” case (ha, I kill me).
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 635, Taly wrote:Double-checked my Role PM, based off a quick ISO skim, Dave played consistent to what I know town-him to be which makes me feel better about meta-ing him accurately.
Holy fucking mother of amished my vote is not moving
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I am not a fan of post by post catch ups because I think they're easy for scum to fake, but there's nobody in this town that catches scum for letting the sky wagon keep rolling the way it is. I give xyzzy town points as such
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I have to pick apart citiations to fully respond to taly so that is currently on the backburner.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

MoI, I'm reading from your most recent post that you can't trust the town to get an easy read on the worst later in the game. Can you expand more on why that is?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 702, Elbirn wrote:
@Taly:

Please read my words thanks

I never called your posts nonsensical babble. You misunderheard me talking to hitalt. I tried to explain that in an earlier post but you must have skipped it. I'm not trying to be corrosive to you as you say. Let's be cool.

With that being said I also think you have far too negative a reaction to scrutiny. If me not having an immediate positive reaction to you makes you doubt your read on me then you're letting emotions cloud your judgement. Take a deep breath m8. Remember your mantras and shit. Goosefraba. This is a happy place and, in my view at least, a p chill game.
OK, perhaps I misread the atmosphere and your post then.

I do get a bit passionate and carried away with my emotions sometimes. My reads are becoming a little less volatile as time passes, since I'm being oriented into this game.
In post 703, profii wrote:
In post 690, Taly wrote:Conclusion: Scum is either very strong, or town is very weak. No middle ground. I feel like there's been much more town-wagons and town-suspected in this game than anything else.
explain this? It's day 1. Whilst we are all scum hunting, it's never super successful on day 1, so i'm not sure what you are getting at here
I just read through the game thinking
"why are people voting here"
?

I didn't think the
gustavo-inferno
interaction was convincing for either of them to be scum - I'll likely reread to see if I missed something.

I don't see the townreads on
brass
, and I'm iffy with
HeWhoSwims
at the moment.

And the
Sky
wagon is something I'll look into a bit more, but it happened quickly and nothing really has come from it other than the fact that everyone on the wagon has been suspected.

So there IS info. D1, and yes, D1 is not easy for scumhunting, but I feel like I have a differing thought process from quite a few people in the game and I'm sorting that out.

I see your perspective better now. You feel more consistent this game,
profii
X3
In post 706, HitAlt wrote:I was a bit hasty on that, dramonic fits with duck and ausuka too.
I'm willing to lynch either of dramonic/SkyG.
Taly ensured that the dave-slot gets to live another day. (Still think there's above 50% chance for scum)
Phoneposting and truthtelling.
Yeah, I don't agree with the "no case individual" thing being useful, at least not rn because trying to pinpoint a team on D1 is very unlikely to happen and much more likely to cause dichotomies which could incriminate townies.

There's also not a lot of individual reason you have, your reads feel holistic and universal so I don't know how you come to some of your conclusions. Namely the
dramonic/Sky/Chick
reads.

Also, I don't get why you're wanting me to 'live another day' when I'm 50%+ likely to be scum to you...?
In post 709, the worst wrote:@Taly/Hit--both of you guys can fairly capably read me (and MoI may or may not be able to literally look into my soul). I'm chilling this phase a little in the spirit of the game as I'm normally the bloke with the same postcount as half the rest of the thread put together at this point.

my playstyle doesn't lend itself well to short coherent synthesised posts so it's something I need to force. the number of players in this phase doesn't make that easy yet.
are there people you're not willing to engage with or are you observing rn? I've seen you with more posts in games of this size
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 711, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hey I’m back … had a crazy weekend …

@Taly
– Thanks for replacing in. I have a couple of questions for you.

So you just discarded all your reads as of because you didn’t like how people reacted to your entrance? Are you telling me all the work you did in your “First 9” catch-up was so flimsy as to just be discarded because you replaced a slot under pressure and people didn’t immediately give you replacement halo Town read?
Eh, discarding all of them was a bit of an exaggeration. I was being less fixed in my thinking since I wasn't updated.

I realized if I read the first 9 pages and made reads there, it wouldn't really apply to the gamestate at hand, and I figured that's what people were talking about. So I decided to keep my notes/thoughts I already had, but not let that dictate my thinking, and then read through the thread without coming to a lot of conclusions until I've made my assessment via quote replies after reading through.

I was mending a problem I tend to have in Mafia - where I speak too much and too quickly in order to get info this way instead of reading in depth
((which was what I did in my entrance and on page 27, and realized that wasn't too helpful until I did my own full reading))
In post 711, MagnaofIllusion wrote:In you asked me about having Townreads. Do you think it is problematic to not have Townreads stated 24 hours or so into the game? If so why should I be Town reading you given your predecessor committed to basically at most 1 or 2 reads his entire tenure? If not why ask the question in the first place?
People form reads at different rates and off different ways of thinking.

So I don't think it's problematic to not have townreads within 24 hours, but I do think townreads are important to be voiced. It helps others - and mostly me - see where a person's head is at and lets me gauge their motives better. But, I don't expect everyone to agree with that.

Posting few reads isn't necessarily AI. It depends on the person, and I'm not
Dave
. I don't operate like
Dave
, I'm more vocal than him usually.

I don't want people to look at me and see my predecessor all the time. I'm my own player.

Also, when I ask what a person's townreads are, I don't want their read on me - unless I ask specifically. I want their
general
thinking.
In post 711, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Finally based on your only scum read in and the sparse mentions of Sky in 640 am I to take it that the entirety of your scum read on the lowest hanging fruit in the game is for the use of LAMIST?
My scumread is a bit gone with
Sky
at the moment, she was a read that changed when I saw the context of the wagon.

And my biggest reason for her-scum wasn't solely for using LAMIST, my original thought was that I didn't find much motive to gamesolve on her end, which didn't make me feel very strongly about the scumread in the first place, especially upon reading more content.

is a much better look to my reads now.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Taly, how did you go from townreading brass to not being able to think of a post you like from him in ? What were you seeing from him that was town early on that you don't like anymore?

Waiting to see flubber respond to outstanding questions from others before I place my vote.
In post 663, Andrius wrote:HitAlt is both scummy and egoistical if they're gonna just call portions of the game and assume people will listen to them. mfw
Agreed
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 711, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Reminder to everyone – I end up dead tomorrow morning this should absolutely be one the first stops on your “Let’s talk to those most likely to kill MoI”. After Echo Bay I think scum theworst becomes obvious to me by Day 2 “worst” case (ha, I kill me).
believe me after our brief history, if you flip tonight I'll be the first one bringing it up tomorrow.

(also please don't kill you that would be tragic)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 716, Taly wrote:
In post 709, the worst wrote:@Taly/Hit--both of you guys can fairly capably read me (and MoI may or may not be able to literally look into my soul). I'm chilling this phase a little in the spirit of the game as I'm normally the bloke with the same postcount as half the rest of the thread put together at this point.

are there people you're not willing to engage with or are you observing rn? I've seen you with more posts in games of this size
re-read full post for context pls.

yes this is deliberate.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:52 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 700, Inferno390 wrote:VOTE: Andrius
What do you see here?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by brassherald »

Elbirn's stock definitely goes up in my book this weekend, and he was already pretty good. Taly's down. I still think dramonic is the best lynch, though.

So, I'm going back to dramonic, since it seems no one is working with anyone, might as well set off on my own like everyone seems to be doing.

VOTE: dramonic
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:20 am

Post by profii »

I'm likely to vote sky/taly if Flubber wagon doesn't go anywhere. I'll take another look at Dramonic, but I've pretty much been focussed on my Rask'ers thing, Taly has been the only other player to really hit my scum-dar whilst I've stayed there so perhaps Dramonic is worth a read.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:26 am

Post by profii »

In post 722, brassherald wrote:Elbirn's stock definitely goes up in my book this weekend, and he was already pretty good. Taly's down. I still think dramonic is the best lynch, though.

So, I'm going back to dramonic, since it seems no one is working with anyone, might as well set off on my own like everyone seems to be doing.

VOTE: dramonic
out of interest what do you think of dramonic and taly together, dramonic seems to get involved in the dave ending so idk I don't think I'd see that as SvS bus on day 1?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”