Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Post by brassherald »

"In the Affairs of this World Men are saved, not by Faith, but by the Lack of it."

Votecount 1.17

Gamma Emerald(5)
~ , , , ,

Momrangal(3)
~ , ,
Bernie Sanders(2)
~ ,
Not_Mafia(1)
~

Not Voting (2): , ,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-07-04 17:10:00)
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by Gustavo »

Nauci, earlier you were concerned at a lack of counter. There seems to have been an attempt for a Bernie one and now a momgral one.

So how do you feel now that there have been attempts made? I do have to read how you did a 180 on mom because I’m pretty sure you had him as town earlier.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:01 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1436, skitter30 wrote:i don't understand why it's super hard to make a mom wagon a thing t
Cause there is a perfectly viable scum wagon on gamma. People trying to push a counter are suspicious
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:03 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1436, skitter30 wrote:ok, let's try it this way. given that you scumread them both independantly what do you think of the fact that shoshin is pushing a gamma lynch right now?
I’m ok with it. I’m the only one scum reading him apparently so I could be wrong. He also could just be bussing for town cred.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:04 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1436, skitter30 wrote:um, no, the the entire point of the game is to figure out which of the two it is; atm i think it's the latter from the complacent gamestate
There is no way to know for sure. I think he’s scum so I’ve “figured it out”
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:38 am

Post by Nauci »

WRT momrangal, I've done more like a 45° and back. I went from having a bad gut feel from a few posts that pinged me (see my ISO) to voting to try and figure it out to rereading her ISO because several people were defending her as town and seeing town!mom as plausible so unvoting before I went to bed last night. But town!mom being plausible isn't nearly good enough and I'd like to see more here.

WRT counter wagons, I feel like the momrangal wagon is composed of town and people are either fully inactive or not jumping on the chance to get pressure off of gamma, but that I haven't waited for enough people to get the opportunity to read which of those two it is. Mom is voting Bernie but most town seem to town read him plus inactivity so I see why a wagon isn't building there (yet?).

The whole point is that if Gamma is scum, people would have been suspiciously trying to push counter wagons instead of sitting around contentedly waiting for the "inevitable" lynch to happen (while on or off the wagon itself). Half the people who cased Gamma aren't voting there but the quiet people we've been FOSing for inactivity are, so it's a weird spot where there's a good case against Gamma but also a ton of potential for opportunistic scum votes. The mom wagon is a result of these worries driving us to do more due diligence. Of course, scum could be inactive or giving up on Gamma or even bussing but it's my first game in a long time w/o competing wagons by end of day 1, and usually unchallenged ones were mislynches (a hard lesson after I drove a couple of those wagons).

We're back to Keyser's question from early in the day: does Scum!shosh hard bus? Because this is a pretty active and loud push from her and she's plenty active enough to take advantage of a counter wagon on Bernie or Mom or even starting one on me from the ill-timed optics of the quasi-Gamma-defense. I am very paranoid about Shoshin so I sit and question potential motives for her actions constantly but unless she's playing 12d chess I dont' see why she would do half of the things she has done, even when I disagree with them a lot.

The lie you say you caught her in didn't hold water because she said she frequently blank votes (not always) and she did that in her game. You can't say she lied because she sometimes explained unless she said she *always* blank votes or she explained almost every vote.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:40 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1458, Nauci wrote:IMO "wait why would you town read me here" posts are towny; not accepting someone's town read of you and making them cough up a reason is scum hunting just as if it is with any other town read on any other player. That might be, to me, his most town post on a very short list of them.
I’ve done this very thing as scum. It’s literally the easiest thing to fake.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:43 am

Post by Nauci »

Okay taking a 2 hr nap before boot camp but first week will be super intense 11 hr days so
officially LA through Friday the 6th
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:46 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1482, Nauci wrote:Okay taking a 2 hr nap before boot camp but first week will be super intense 11 hr days so
officially LA through Friday the 6th
Noted.

Additionally, lease be aware that there will not be any further extensions to day 1. I believe even with the replace outs, 12 days should be enough time especially considering the impending changes to deadlines in the newbie queue.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:23 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
My fav wagon in the running, and we need a lynch

That’s L-1
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:31 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

The easy lynch but maybe the right lynch for today (info wise).
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 am

Post by the worst »

more importantly it flips red
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 am

Post by the worst »

fake hammer tho
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:02 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Good, let’s use the dayphase extension then.
Probably 2-3 players who owe us content.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:09 am

Post by the worst »

valuable ~56 hours for sure.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1415, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1413, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Not_Mafia
so my second game I checked wrt NM was 3-in-1 and in the first game at the very least he was pretty present, and he was town in all 3 games of 3-in-1. So I'm thinking he's scum here. the other game I checked, the earthbound game I modded, he was very active though flavor interest may very well have been the main reason, as he was very excited about it as I remember it.
I’ve never played Earthbound
wat
you were like super into that game, how can you not have played earthbound
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:33 am

Post by the worst »

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1431, Not_Mafia wrote:The only people who really commit to PL’s on me are the noobs and the desperate, and Gamma ain’t no noob
problem is it isn't a PL
glgl
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1436, skitter30 wrote:In post 1401, Gamma Emerald wrote:
So thinking about it NM inactivity might be NAI? This isn't anywhere near solid fyi

following up on this with a vote on him after nauci votes there is meh
this is taking things out of context quite a bit
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1445, Nauci wrote:I can't sit on an NM vote because Gamma chased me on that one

It feels so gross from him. One of the few things that I had as a Gamma town point was the vanity the_worst vote because it seemed like conviction to go after a dead wagon versus hopping on a convenient counter wagon

Like I'm glad I made the NM vote because one of my hesitations with the gamma wagon was that I didn't see scum hopping on counter wagon opportunities, and that vote helped dispel those feels

UNVOTE:

Give me some time to figure out where I want to press at this point because it's exasperating that we're running a ~7 player game with Skitter/shosh/gamma/Irrelephant/Gus/the worst/myself close to deadline
Okay everyone saying "gamma followed nauci" can eat it. I had my own logic for my vote which I know I posted. Actually read the game tia.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I forgot to address this, there's a couple things I think are important
In post 1420, Shoshin wrote:I have lots of reasons to vote Gamma besides everyone else being more town.

For starters, he spent the majority of the day laying low and offering a couple safe reads on Key and Stun. Yes, he offered the occassional commentary (e.g. ) but there's no in-depth analysis of alignments.

is a scummy I'm-not-town post; questioning Key here doesn't make much sense from a town perspective.

feels like a bullshit excuse for not having the excitement he would have had as town.

and seem like someone who knows Gustavo is town rather than someone who's reading him genuinely. And the follow-up in feels opportunistic.

Then he starts playing the game a bit more actively since he's under pressure but keeps going after easy targets - eventually votes the worst, keeps talking about NM as null but now he's voting NM.
you're not looking very deep at what 570 means. As far as I could tell Key was scumreading me. So for him to challenge a scumread on me was kinda strange. also as I post this I realize Keyser fencesitting on my slot might actually be a scum thing.
wrt 1109/1110 and 1140, I was thinking "alright, he is being stubborn, why don't I try to reason with him". When he didn't give any indication he wanted to fix anything about his read, I gave up and wrote him of as scum.
Also that's great and all giving a case, but my question still stands about who the hell you think my partners are if everyone else looks more town.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

ta-da the duck gets it
though I have to question why he called out the fake hammer
<Embrace The Void>

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Shoshin »

I have lots of ideas about who Gamma's partners are but it's not something I feel like talking about at this moment.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1498, Shoshin wrote:I have lots of ideas about who Gamma's partners are but it's not something I feel like talking about at this moment.
Too bad. You opened the can of worms now you have to justify yourself. Also really convenient you opt to not talk about it when my lynch is only one vote away and at that point you can just flake the day out.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”