Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 23, zMuffinMan wrote:i voted myself
then i voted cupcake because i wanted scum to kill him
then i voted myloninja because cupcake is probably scum and i wanted scum to kill myloninja instead
then i voted myself because i read rule 7
then i looked at the player list and realised i didn't give a shit who got voted leader
then i voted myloninja again for shits and giggles

i am completely and utterly astonished that myloninja didnt end up getting voted leader, he was clearly the most qualified candidate

Vote: Cupcake

99% sure he rolled scum this game. i may say this every game but this time i'm not joking

please help me lynch him before he is able to post
In post 24, hebichan wrote:I am claiming that I voted for Kokichi.

I have no problem with people claiming them.
In post 27, Cerberus v666 wrote:@mod: Shush, don't go quoting your own ambiguous posts at me. We have no reason to assume that abilities won't be available AGAIN in a future phase, so clarification was necessary.

I see absolutely no benefit to the rush of having people express their choices ASAP.

Confirmation of daychat(which we should have assumed anyways means that assuming town doesn't lie, by claiming in advance of the person "most likely" to have been selected by scum(though only marginally more likely than others, as I said before) we give scum the ability to coordinate their claims and say whatever "fits" the situation as revealed by town. If they find out that without their set of votes, their selected teammate would not have won, they can deliberately distance by only having the requisite number of them claim to have voted for that individual. This is, of course, assuming FA is actually scum, or at the least a choice scum decided to make for whatever reasons.

Also, people claiming who they voted for without saying why are being bad and should feel bad for giving out the information most useful to scum, without sharing the information that's useful to town.
In post 30, Sakura Hana wrote:VOTE: Cerberus
In post 35, Sakura Hana wrote:i thought we were gonna wait for FA, but might as well, i voted muffin coz he had epic reads on my last game with him.

also muffins > cupcakes
ill post the whole thing but just for fun ill let you guys know when i technically replaced in
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

you'll see those later its ok
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

Spoiler: page 1-5
then i voted myloninja because cupcake is probably scum and i wanted scum to kill myloninja instead
then i looked at the player list and realised i didn't give a shit who got voted leader

i am completely and utterly astonished that myloninja didnt end up getting voted leader, he was clearly the most qualified candidate

99% sure he rolled scum this game. i may say this every game but this time i'm not joking

every game

is this just gonna be one of those games

sidenote: i love how everyone reads cerb's post about claiming your vote, and then complete disregarding it
In post 27, Cerberus v666 wrote:@mod: Shush, don't go quoting your own ambiguous posts at me. We have no reason to assume that abilities won't be available AGAIN in a future phase, so clarification was necessary.

I see absolutely no benefit to the rush of having people express their choices ASAP.

Confirmation of daychat(which we should have assumed anyways means that assuming town doesn't lie, by claiming in advance of the person "most likely" to have been selected by scum(though only marginally more likely than others, as I said before) we give scum the ability to coordinate their claims and say whatever "fits" the situation as revealed by town. If they find out that without their set of votes, their selected teammate would not have won, they can deliberately distance by only having the requisite number of them claim to have voted for that individual. This is, of course, assuming FA is actually scum, or at the least a choice scum decided to make for whatever reasons.

Also, people claiming who they voted for without saying why are being bad and should feel bad for giving out the information most useful to scum, without sharing the information that's useful to town.
In post 35, Sakura Hana wrote:i thought we were gonna wait for FA, but might as well, i voted muffin coz he had epic reads on my last game with him.

also muffins > cupcakes
In post 36, Sando wrote:One thing before anyone else reveals:

Should we force all the FA voters to reveal themselves first? Then they have zero info on how many they need to provide to make sure we can't see the lie.
In post 37, Drixx wrote:I voted Cerberus for what should be self evident reasons.

Gut reaction to FA being chosen is that we have a WIFOM loop: either FA is scum or scum picked FA because FA was a safe pick to pile votes onto.

Sakura Hana gets first serious FOS from me.
In post 42, Chickadee wrote:
In post 39, zMuffinMan wrote:pretty sure scum (at least if theyre smart) just voted whoever they thought they might vote as town and the majority of votes just happened to land on FA

i doubt they piled onto FA

i doubt they aren't going to truthfully claim who they voted

any smart scum would be playing the long game; whoever gets voted D1 doesn't matter (except insofar as you want to get into the league of extraordinary gentlemuffins). sac the D1 leader position (if scum gets voted, it's good for them, but if not, it doesn't matter), manipulate reads in such a way that you can vote scum on later nights is the long term plan for any smart scum team. there was obviously going to be a mass claim of votes; better to just be truthful about it D1 and manipulate shit later...
Congrats you get my first vote. I usually hang on to this a while longer.

VOTE: zMuffinMan

While we don't know wether or not scum got to talk pregame during voting, your post here reads like you know they didn't.
In post 48, Toranaga wrote:I like the people who voted muffin becuase their posts are a little weird and especially the second one can look like TMI, and I think the votes are pure reactions to things these people (katsuki, bbmolla and chickadee) find scummy, so I'm fine townreading all of them as much as it's possible this early.
In post 49, brassherald wrote:I think the better practice would be to claim who you voted for, the reason and your favorite superhero.

Like me, I like Green Lantern, specifically, the one played by Ryan Reynolds. That movie is like Citizen Kane, but better.
In post 50, The Dream Weaver wrote:
Votecount 1.1
Leader: Frozen Angel

zMuffinMan (3):
BBmolla, Katsuki, Chickadee

Cerberus v666 (1):
Sakura Hana
Katsuki (1):
zMuffinMan

123456789 (0):

BBmolla (0):

brassherald (0):

Chickadee (0):

Drixx (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

hebichan (0):

Human Sequencer (0):

Kokichi Oma (0):

Myloninja13 (0):

Nancy Drew 39 (0):

Nico Robin (0):

randomidget (0):

Sakura Hana (0):

Sando (0):

Shiro (0):

the worst (0):

Titus (0):

Toranaga (0):

Not Voting (18):
Everyone Else

With
players, it takes
to lynch.
The day ends in (expired on 2018-07-15 18:00:00).

Abilities Available for Acquisition

BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LEAGUE OF ALISAE

Impenetrable Skin:
You are protected from one killing action until the next Night Phase.
Siren's Call:
Target another player. That player will redirect any action(s) to target you instead of their original target until the next Night Phase.

INFINITECH STANDARD

Enhanced Hearing:
Target another player. You will learn if any actions were performed on that player during the current Night Phase.
Phasing:
Target another player. Any actions that target you before the next Night Phase will target them instead.
Power Mimicry:
Target another player. You will gain one use of any Superpower(s) they use before the end of next Day Phase. These 1-Shot Superpowers will be available to you until the end of the next Night Phase and still count against your Superpower usage.
Spiritual Mediumship:
Target a player that has died within the previous Day or Night Phase. You will have a neighborhood with that player for the following Day and Night Phase.
In post 59, Toranaga wrote:
In post 53, brassherald wrote:
In post 52, Toranaga wrote:my favorite superhero is goku.
Dragon Ball Z is also like Citizen Kane, but better.

I guess I'm just saying I did not like Citizen Kane that much.
lol, you are. I don't love citizen kane and find it funny it's considered the best movie ever or whatever it is when there's much better film noir and even much better orson welles movies.
In post 63, Sando wrote:
In post 62, Human Sequencer wrote:rvs and fence-sittery
"Because it's RVS and because of this other real reason" - wat?
In post 66, 123456789 wrote:
In post 37, Drixx wrote:I voted Cerberus for what should be self evident reasons.

Gut reaction to FA being chosen is that we have a WIFOM loop: either FA is scum or scum picked FA because FA was a safe pick to pile votes onto.

And your gut would be wrong.

I voted Frozen.
VOTE: 123456789
In post 73, 123456789 wrote:
In post 71, Sando wrote:
In post 65, Toranaga wrote:you should explain your reasons in clear manner so everyone knows what your mindset really is instead of playing mysteriously like your read is so relevant it should be left for later because of reasons. IDK what fence-sittery means and rather have it spelled it out for me and the thread.
I understand what fence-sitting means, basically lack of commitment to reads.

But you can't say:
This is an RVS vote oh and by the way you're also fence-sitting which is scummy.

RVS is random, it does not pair well with a legitimate read.
RVS isn’t really random past the first vote...
In post 86, Sando wrote:FA I think for now you're someone who flat out shouldn't post their votee.

I can see the point of forcing you to generate a list of people to vote-claim in though. But that might be busy work and understandably tedious, dunno if anyone agrees with me on this point.
In post 91, Sakura Hana wrote:Random notes: FA and Cerb not scum together if either is scum.
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

WHAT THE FUCK

that actually just submitted for no reason. i wasnt done yet
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

Spoiler: page 1-5

every game

is this just gonna be one of those games

sidenote: i love how everyone reads cerb's post about claiming your vote, and then complete disregarding it
In post 27, Cerberus v666 wrote: Also, people claiming who they voted for without saying why are being bad and should feel bad for giving out the information most useful to scum, without sharing the information that's useful to town.
if everyone is vanilla rn why tf would it not come down to anything but personal preference lmao
oh dear

also muffins > cupcakes
Some people like cupcakes better. I, for one care less for them!"
Arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snoot
Of a fully charged icing-anointment utensil
He poots forth a quarter-ounce green rosette
Near- ha, ha
Let's try that again-
He poots forth a quarter-ounce green rosette
Near the summit of a dense-but-radiant muffin
Of his own design
Later he says:
"Some people, some people like cupcakes exclusively
While I myself I say there is naught
Nor ought there be nothing so exalted
On the face of God's grey earth
As that Prince of foods... the Muffin!
In post 36, Sando wrote:One thing before anyone else reveals:

Should we force all the FA voters to reveal themselves first? Then they have zero info on how many they need to provide to make sure we can't see the lie.
we've just proved how good people are at following instructions
this ostensibly makes no sense
In post 42, Chickadee wrote: While we don't know wether or not scum got to talk pregame during voting, your post here reads like you know they didn't.
im like 200% sure scum had a pregame chat
In post 48, Toranaga wrote:I like the people who voted muffin becuase their posts are a little weird and especially the second one can look like TMI, and I think the votes are pure reactions to things these people (katsuki, bbmolla and chickadee) find scummy, so I'm fine townreading all of them
as much as it's possible this early.
except for kats i agree
In post 49, brassherald wrote:I think the better practice would be to claim who you voted for, the reason and your favorite superhero.

Like me, I like Green Lantern, specifically, the one played by Ryan Reynolds. That movie is like Citizen Kane, but better.
this better be leading up to the sickest crumb of all time
In post 50, The Dream Weaver wrote:
Abilities Available for Acquisition
i used to crush on shadowcat when i was like 11
shit, not that long ago...
In post 59, Toranaga wrote:
In post 53, brassherald wrote:
In post 52, Toranaga wrote:my favorite superhero is goku.
Dragon Ball Z is also like Citizen Kane, but better.

I guess I'm just saying I did not like Citizen Kane that much.
lol, you are. I don't love citizen kane and find it funny it's considered the best movie ever or whatever it is when there's much better film noir and even much better orson welles movies.
i know, what's so important about a sled biography?
In post 63, Sando wrote:
In post 62, Human Sequencer wrote:rvs and fence-sittery
"Because it's RVS and because of this other real reason" - wat?
you're trying my dude

I voted Frozen.
are you saying you as scum voted frozen for reasons other than her being a safe pick lmfao?
In post 73, 123456789 wrote: RVS isn’t really random past the first vote...
alright can we fucking not
In post 75, 123456789 wrote:So Toronaga town, Human scum, got it....
VOTE: Human
this makes no fucking sense to me
In post 86, Sando wrote:FA I think for now you're someone who flat out shouldn't post their votee.

I can see the point of forcing you to generate a list of people to vote-claim in though. But that might be busy work and understandably tedious, dunno if anyone agrees with me on this point.
there's no point to this post
In post 91, Sakura Hana wrote:Random notes: FA and Cerb not scum together if either is scum.
this seems completely random

{}
{human, chick, molla}
{nico,cerb666,brass,sakura,ircher,gamma,hebi,kokichi,mylo,nancy,rando,shiro,worst,titus,tora,muffin}
{sando, drixx, tora}
{}
human's whole interaction with tora seemed legit and tora came off like he was tryharding in an awkward way.
sando just makes unnecessary posts
drixx just made a post i didnt really like
chick and molla made that vote i dont remember that i liked

ok this is the actual finished page 1-5 catchup thing

note the use of multi posts, ircher
last.fm
gtkas
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by 123456789 »

In post 834, Toranaga wrote:I would lynch katsuki in this and every other game forever until she decides to play mafia instead of trying to be cute. is she wolfy, is she villagery? who knows, right. it's a bunch of videos.

I think sakura needs to expand on her stance on katsuki and be as clear and honest as possible. I'm also starting to find her posting odd.

human sequence is probably a villager. I like the way he is reading the game and the things he is reacting to.

I also like muffin more and more as the day progresses

I also think shiro is very unlikely to be mafia.

so I have as towns: FA, cerb, sando, shiro, muffin, human, nancy.

I would lynch a good number of players this gameday. katsuki, sakura tbh, titus, nicorobin cause he voted for titus, chickadee, the worst.

not that I'm confidently scumreading any of them.
Your reads are quite wrong imo.
"You learn mathematics by doing mathematics."
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by 123456789 »

In post 848, Shiro wrote:
In post 844, Toranaga wrote:
In post 841, Sakura Hana wrote:Granted 839 is the first bit of some sort of honest scumhunting i see from you.
I already don't want to lynch you anymore.

VOTE: chickadee
That was a quick shift.
I agree.
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by 123456789 »

In post 849, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 741, Toranaga wrote:
In post 737, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 704, Katsuki wrote:[]2gGvBQ5qlpk[/]
VOTE: Katsuki if I'm not already
why?

also I see you poking at things of little substance and not adding much to them. IDK if that's how you play as a wolf but I'm expecting more townyness from you gamma.
She's not even posting content within the restriction, despite showing she definitely can. Even with a very crippling restriction, I've seen others make do.
That’s Katsuki for ya.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

Spoiler: 5-17
In post 107, Sakura Hana wrote:Dunno, but scum having day chat and not pregame chat seems rather silly to me.
literally this
In post 110, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 109, zMuffinMan wrote:this could be the one and only game ever run on MS where scum didn't have pregame chat

seems likely
elaborate why it is likely
i laughed so hard reading this
In post 111, zMuffinMan wrote:well i just think after thousands of games that have been run with pre-game chat, brian decided "you know what? pregame chat sucks and i hate scum and i'm not gonna let them have it" and so he didn't

it just makes sense
muffin's town just for this
In post 114, Chickadee wrote:
In post 54, Human Sequencer wrote:i voted muffinman cuz he was doing a good job of leading town last game till somebody killed him
In post 42, Chickadee wrote:While we don't know wether or not scum got to talk pregame during voting, your post here reads like you know they didn't.
err, how?

VOTE: toranaga
In post 39, zMuffinMan wrote:pretty sure scum (at least if theyre smart) just voted whoever they thought they might vote as town and the majority of votes just happened to land on FA
If they have pre-game chat, they would have coordinated. Do you disagree? This comment seems to disagree with that sentiment.
this is a bit of a headass post. Why could they not have collectively decided not to pile on one person and vote randomly to some degree?
In post 127, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 120, Human Sequencer wrote:sando is towny
yeah
i must be living on some alternate reality
In post 133, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 118, Frozen Angel wrote:I can tell you that I'm like 95% sure that I had 2 more votes from the remaining playlist and that they would vote me regardless of alignment.

I can even see myself have upto 4 votes between the remaining playerlist.

Looking at this and the votes that are already claimed, it feels like that the scums were uncoordinated pregame or if they were coordinated they were not coordinated enough to bypass the votes on me (or they thought it's unnecessary)

one other theory is that they did pile up on me because they saw sign up thread and felt like I might have some votes so they just halped it happen to put me in spotlight but that feels kind of suboptimal. and they must be lieing about their votes if that's the case. or the people who would vote me regardless of alignment can be those scums.
In every game I’m in, I always go with Occams Razor. The simplest explanation always makes the most sense. I don’t think it makes a lot of sense for scum to lie about their votes. Why make things harder for themselves? I think we can WIFOM ourselves to oblivion about if scum are lying about their votes or not. What we ought to be doing instead, is what any good villa does: focusing on the
mindset
behind the vote. Did a player make their vote with town’s best interests in mind or not?
this is the most hurr durr post ive read all day
In post 140, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 133, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 118, Frozen Angel wrote:I can tell you that I'm like 95% sure that I had 2 more votes from the remaining playlist and that they would vote me regardless of alignment.

I can even see myself have upto 4 votes between the remaining playerlist.

Looking at this and the votes that are already claimed, it feels like that the scums were uncoordinated pregame or if they were coordinated they were not coordinated enough to bypass the votes on me (or they thought it's unnecessary)

one other theory is that they did pile up on me because they saw sign up thread and felt like I might have some votes so they just halped it happen to put me in spotlight but that feels kind of suboptimal. and they must be lieing about their votes if that's the case. or the people who would vote me regardless of alignment can be those scums.
In every game I’m in, I always go with Occams Razor. The simplest explanation always makes the most sense. I don’t think it makes a lot of sense for scum to lie about their votes. Why make things harder for themselves? I think we can WIFOM ourselves to oblivion about if scum are lying about their votes or not. What we ought to be doing instead, is what any good villa does: focusing on the
mindset
behind the vote. Did a player make their vote with town’s best interests in mind or not?

Yep. Nancy is 100% correct here. Though I am concerned about scum lies, I don't actually find them particularly likely with regards to this at least, UNLESS they all piled on a teammate who *didn't* get it and who they don't have verifiable reason to vote for that's unrelated to this game in particular. The reasoning though, that's the thing. The thought process they used to make that decision, and whether that thought process is in line with town!them...that will be useful to at least some people here.
you say yep like she had a point are you scum my dude
In post 176, brassherald wrote:

I voted Frozen.
Yo, why did you self vote?
he probably sensed the scumpost
sidenote: gamma starts his eternal catch-up dear god
In post 199, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 154, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 151, Sakura Hana wrote:Good thing this isnt MU then.
We can have some of their good habits here

maybe that will help ms towns :]
Oh dear lawdy are you gonna be Mulch 2.0
mulch was closer to FA 2.0 really
In post 206, Toranaga wrote:
In post 202, Frozen Angel wrote:Toranaga explain that vote
I didn't like that midget opened with that post and didn't follow up with anything, and saying "to be honest" can be a dishonety tell so I voted there. it doesn't amount to much but it's where I'm at.
are you fucking serious
In post 215, 123456789 wrote:
In post 176, brassherald wrote:

I voted Frozen.
VOTE: Human
Yo, why did you self vote?
I didn’t.
In post 236, Frozen Angel wrote:WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS VIVE LA FRANCE
yeah come 2022 selecao will reign again
sidenote: the amount of setup bs on these pages is just making my eyes glaze
In post 379, 123456789 wrote:
In post 312, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 310, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 271, Cerberus v666 wrote:I'm pretty sure purely random out of
5/22
is almost guaranteed to wind up with a scum. Purely random with a smaller number of people selected *might* be optimal, but really, I think that's a silly line to take.
huh?
23 total....FA is one of them, so 22 remaining...she picks *5* OTHER players...so 5/22 can be selected at most.
Assuming Frozen is town (18 / 23):

We have 17 town, 5 scum remaining.

The probability that Frozen picks an all town team is thus: (17 / 22) * (16 / 21) * (15 / 20) * (14 / 19) * (13 / 18) ~ 23.5%
Then the probability that Frozen picks at least once scum randomly is ~(100% - 23.5%) = 76.5%

Assuming Frozen is scum (5 / 23):
We have 18 town, 4 scum remaining.

The probability that the rest of the people Frozen picks are all town: (18 / 22) * (17 / 21) * (16 / 20) * (15 / 19) * (14 / 18) ~ 32.5%
Then the probability that the other members Frozen picks possess at least one scum is ~(100% - 32.5%) = 67.5%

The probability that the 5 members Frozen chooses contain at least one scum if Frozen chooses completely random is thus (18 / 23) * 76.5% + (5 / 23) * 67.5% ~ 75%. That's what the math says about this.

I'm not convinced though that choosing from a smaller pool will increase the odds, simply because that pool may contain multiple scum.... or it may not.
ive been skimming but you're assuming that frozen makes reads one by one (with replacements) instead of simultaneously and independantly.
In post 399, The Dream Weaver wrote:
I'm rooting for Croatia.
its coming home

{}
{}
{human, molla}
{nico,brass,sakura,ircher,hebi,kokichi,mylo,nancy,rando,shiro,worst,titus,tora,muffin}
{sando, drixx, tora, cerb}
{}
{}

looking at these wagons, muffin looks like a meme
ircher is a curious vote
bunch of vanity shit
I pretty much skimmed these pages, so my reads didn't change much, which sucks but people always setup spec in large themes pointlessly
last.fm
gtkas
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

@nosferatu:I don't expect it to come down to anything other than personal preference, but it's possible that scum were deliberately getting one person the lead, and will want to conceal that...so what they say will be lies! That may or may not be easily caught. *shrug* I don't know this playerlist as well as some, so it'll be a bit harder for me to figure things out than it would have been with other playerlists.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also @nos:Do you realize you just included a post made by the person you're replacing in for in your last post?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

Cerberus v666 wrote:@nosferatu:I don't expect it to come down to anything other than personal preference, but it's possible that scum were deliberately getting one person the lead, and will want to conceal that...so what they say will be lies! That may or may not be easily caught. *shrug* I don't know this playerlist as well as some, so it'll be a bit harder for me to figure things out than it would have been with other playerlists.
understandable i guess

i would not figure that personal preference would be distinguishable from a lie though

pedit: yeah i started reading and taking notes before replacing in. I plan on marking where i received my role so you can note any changes or whatever, im curious if there are any.
last.fm
gtkas
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by The Dream Weaver »

Ankamius replaces brassherald.
The moderator account for Brian Skies.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Most I've seen Nos ever post. He could be scum
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 929, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 538, Toranaga wrote:
In post 532, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 526, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 2488, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm definitely not repeating that day 1 again.
And so what im doing in this game was born.
Okay. So this, along with the "deliberately ignoring thing", ping me pretty hard. Normally, when someone looks at a post I made and chooses to ignore all of it except one part, they just do so without the snarky comment included. This generally results in them getting pushed more about the part they ignored by myself, and anyone else who was interested in the point(s) I raised.

I see deliberately calling out the fact that she ignored the rest of the post as an attempt to preempt said pushing. I was debating whether to ask if that bit of flavor in Sakuras post was characteristic of her posting style, or if it had a good chance of being preemptive scum deflection, but this last post seems to support my position . Here Sakura is again, preempting questioning about her reason for playing the way she is, by posting a link and a joke. She already said it was because of a game in the past, nobody asked for a link to the game or anything, but here she is ready to justify what she's doing before the conversation gets too deep into whether her behavior is anti-town or not.
I love that sakura is being pushed for this and find your reasoning extremely villagery from you, and I was villa reading your posting before anyway so this is cool. I don't know if I agree with this, though. I don't think sakura is necessarily doing what she is doing as an excuse to not work on the game, but rather because she is the kind of individualistic millennial generation type of player. I'm sure she'll start posting reads as the game progresses regardless of her rand.
I want to take a moment to just say I hate this post

there are other posts im commenting on while i read through

but i want to just pause for a minute and say that this post in particular just rustles my jimmies in a way that quite frankly unsettles me deeply.
why is that?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 931, 123456789 wrote:
In post 783, Toranaga wrote:
In post 780, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 778, Toranaga wrote:in nintendo switch mash, after I died n2 I became responsible for "switching" all the colours at night. there was red/blue, yellow/brown, black/white, etc. players actions would perform different abilities depending on what colour I chose at night. E.G. a role that, if white, peeks it's target and, if black, kills it.

I believe alisae has the power to either choose from a row of mod determined abilities every gameday, or craft their own in a way that can help scum. it's different from what I did in nintendo, but similar in the sense that both me and alisae need to achieve a wincon through manipulating the mechanics, without being "alive" in the sense of posting in thread etc.
Interesting, how do they go about it do you think based on your game?
it's a different mechanic entirely. I believe alisae has to choose 2 powers from a row every gameday. she chose a protective ability today, for instance, which can be smart for the scum team so they get rid of this ability early to get their kills through in later gamedays when there are actual clears and scum needs to kill confirmed town.
Again, each member of the superhero team can choose what abiity they want. Scum can't influence another person on the superhero's team choice.

Pedit: How do I manage to get pedit'd TWICE while making this short post?
yeah, my theory is that alisae has a row of abilities e can choose from each gameday, and that e elected a protective now so e doesn't have to choose it later
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 966, Toranaga wrote:
In post 778, Toranaga wrote:in nintendo switch mash, after I died n2 I became responsible for "switching" all the colours at night. there was red/blue, yellow/brown, black/white, etc. players actions would perform different abilities depending on what colour I chose at night. E.G. a role that, if white, peeks it's target and, if black, kills it.

I believe alisae has the power to either choose from a row of mod determined abilities every gameday, or craft their own in a way that can help scum. it's different from what I did in nintendo, but similar in the sense that both me and alisae need to achieve a wincon through manipulating the mechanics, without being "alive" in the sense of posting in thread etc.
it's a different mechanic entirely. I believe alisae has to choose 2 powers from a row every gameday. she chose a protective ability today, for instance, which can be smart for the scum team so they get rid of this ability early to get their kills through in later gamedays when there are actual clears and scum needs to kill confirmed town.
Again, each member of the superhero team can choose what abiity they want. Scum can't influence another person on the superhero's team choice.

yeah, my theory is that alisae has a row of abilities e can choose from each gameday, and that e elected a protective now so e doesn't have to choose it later
But like, that theory is fundamentally wrong, UNLESS you think e assumed that the leader today would be scum, because having this particular protective available from D1 is actually the worst case scenario for scum.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 967, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 966, Toranaga wrote:

But like, that theory is fundamentally wrong, UNLESS you think e assumed that the leader today would be scum, because having this particular protective available from D1 is actually the worst case scenario for scum.
well I think town is even more likely to elect town for leaders in latter gamedays, so my theory is that alisae "wasted" this ability now so e doesn't have to use it later.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

Spoiler: 17-35
In post 413, hebichan wrote:VOTE: alisae
In post 449, Frozen Angel wrote:Ok lets discuss this

You're voting katsuki cause you think their vote on you was scummy

You think their claim is legit and that they wouldn't lie about that

These two things can coexist I'm just intrested to know how are they sitting together in your mind? what is your current read on katsuki and how are you elaborating it?
he's voting katsuki cause its their schtick
i used to love this song
In post 475, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 428, Katsuki wrote:I'll act as a second flavour mod since someone used a post restriction power on me that forces me to have to post a youtube vid in each post. It's rather obnoxious so I'll probably just make empty flavour posts.

VOTE: Katsuki
This is both impossible/a lie and a scum-motivated post
this is wrong but i expected town!gamma to say it

sidenote: I got the PM asking if I wanted to replace in here. I was actually reading at the time so i didnt consciously notice any shifts, lemme know if you see any.
In post 480, Toranaga wrote:
In post 408, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 371, 123456789 wrote:
In post 267, Frozen Angel wrote:Anyone knows why mod keep saying "LEAGUE OF ALISAE" when announcing hero powers under his vcs?
I think Alisae invents two of the powers while the mod had the rest pre-planned.
Isn't that bastard that a "future sub" player is secretly a part of mod team and is giving out powers on ms?
alisae isn't listed as a sub per se, but on a different league altogether

my theory is that alisae is a player in the game with a different wincon and on a league of er own

or something

maybe I'm wrong but that's my impression
its not bastard wtf
In post 532, Cerberus v666 wrote: I see deliberately calling out the fact that she ignored the rest of the post as an attempt to preempt said pushing. I was debating whether to ask if that bit of flavor in Sakuras post was characteristic of her posting style, or if it had a good chance of being preemptive scum deflection, but this last post seems to support my position . Here Sakura is again, preempting questioning about her reason for playing the way she is, by posting a link and a joke. She already said it was because of a game in the past, nobody asked for a link to the game or anything, but here she is ready to justify what she's doing before the conversation gets too deep into whether her behavior is anti-town or not.
i rolled my eyes so hard i think they might be lodged into my skull
In post 538, Toranaga wrote: I love that sakura is being pushed for this and find your reasoning extremely villagery from you, and I was villa reading your posting before anyway so this is cool. I don't know if I agree with this, though. I don't think sakura is necessarily doing what she is doing as an excuse to not work on the game, but rather because she is the kind of individualistic millennial generation type of player. I'm sure she'll start posting reads as the game progresses regardless of her rand.
first off why the fuck are you taking such extreme measures to say how much you townread cerb
"i love you're pushing her for this"
"this is such a town thought process"
"i was townreading you already but wow"
immediately followed by
"i dont think she's scum for this"
either you dickride him or he's wrong
actually fucking pick one
In post 564, Cerberus v666 wrote: Titus, people don't shoot me. You know that.
i fully expect cerb to be shot now
In post 607, Toranaga wrote: VOTE: titus

I'm doing this.

calling someone a millennial being on the same footing with shading them has to be the most nonsense thing I was ever accused with, which reminds me of when I posted a voldemort gif and you said I was claiming scum in assassins' creed.

this is what you do as scum. you throw any logic out the window to push whatever you want pushed. you'd be more reasonable as town.
if you're telling someone that they are putting themselves on a podium due to circumstances of their birth, that is shading my dude. everytime you dont like what they do you're putting yourself in a position to just say "ah those damn milennials"
In post 612, Toranaga wrote:VOTE: randomidget

isn't doing anything and posts are awful
this sudden vote switch off of titus is dumb and sus as fuck
In post 767, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Sando puts more effort into their posts than anyone else in the game - probably town

I like how UFO is pushing people hard.

Brass is definitely different here than he was in Necro - a lot more content. I like his thought processes.

FA seems to have good tone.

I’m really liking Titus - plenty of nuanced reads, good interactions, plus is adorable.

Human seems okay so far, I will need to see more from him

Gamma seems okay, some posts seem to be a bit contradictory but tone seems villagery.

Random needs to start posting more. Seems like disinterested villa

Need more on Katsuki, Kokichi and Chick

Numbers - troll lol. Are they scum or just obvious mislynchbait?
I find Sando's points to be useless and lack purpose. Where do you see effort?
What pushes is tora making?
You think brass has been giving content? I see far more movie memes than content.
What makes random disinterested town? I don't see how his posts are AI.
How is ircher (numbers) scummy?
In post 777, Nancy Drew 39 wrote: Okay, I briefly looked at the videos Katsuki posted. Most I think are from Deemo rhythm game and are just music but the two here might mean something. I dunno. One is in Japanese (can anyone translate?) and involves a soldier and the one in English talks about putting on a show. I don’t know if this means anything or not but I found it interesting anyway.
why are you trying to find meaning in this?
the first one's title means invincible soldier btw
In post 827, Human Sequencer wrote:
In post 824, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 822, Toranaga wrote:what makes her town? for the 1000000 time, sakura, why is katsuki town?
[ ] We're masons
[ ] I have a daycop inno on them
[ ] They are day 1 friendly neighbors
[ ] Their play is very towny
[ ] Meta says they're town.
Take your pick
This mentality is so unbelievably trash

It's also nothing like your play last game
VOTE: sakura
its pretty disingenuous to find fault in her response when she's made it abundantly clear that she's not gonna elaborate in any meaningful way.
In post 844, Toranaga wrote:
In post 841, Sakura Hana wrote:Granted 839 is the first bit of some sort of honest scumhunting i see from you.
I already don't want to lynch you anymore.
bruh
In post 845, Toranaga wrote:my human sequence read: "I like the way he is reading the game and things he is reacting to"
cerberus interpretation: "effort = town"

/shrug
you say that like its better
In post 853, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 745, Titus wrote:
In post 731, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 594, Titus wrote:Also, Cerb I did not move the goalposts.

A good Cerb knows nightless isn't a setup town wins. A good Cerb realizes that his claim gives no invests. You're acting in your walls as if one did not exist. Mentioning something is not intellectual vigor.

It's just odd. A good Cerb knows there are serious flaws logically with you.
How is nightless not a setup town wins?
town struggles in 2 v 9 or 11, 5 v 18? Ok...sure.
You are aware nightless has the plus of if someone is irrefutably town scum can't eliminate them right?
and yet nightless games have been held where town lose.
In post 864, Toranaga wrote:VOTE: titus

{}
{human, molla, gamma, sakura, nancy, muffin}
{nico,brass,ircher,hebi,kokichi,mylo,rando,shiro,worst,titus}
{sando, drixx, cerb}
{tora}
after some deliberation, I decided to lose the extra brackets. I don't think I'll get any townreads that high so it seems extra.
last.fm
gtkas
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Huh. I was expecting this to be a scum slot.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 964, Kokichi Oma wrote:Most I've seen Nos ever post. He could be scum
1. im pretty sure i posted more in the last game we had together
2. first game i ever played I had the highest post count in game (memories of a hyped up 14 year old wilding out)
3. people usually form the opposite conclusion from your premise

pedit: honestly i was starting to doubt the tr i had on mine too
last.fm
gtkas
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Oh has Nancy posted enough to read off of yet
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I would be so happy if you were both scum and just did that. :)
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

Ankamius wrote:Oh has Nancy posted enough to read off of yet
I'd say probably yeah
Cerberus v666 wrote:I would be so happy if you were both scum and just did that. :)
I'd legitimately cry if I were scum in this game given that I'd get caught in like 4 secs with this playerlist
last.fm
gtkas

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”