Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Shoshin »

Why'd you harp so much on me unvoting Penguin when I did?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Commander Shepard »

In post 1734, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 1728, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1721, MariaR wrote:Check my rankings esp was one of my top townreads and his reaction felt legit to me. I felt it was more likely fire was bsing in some way IE gambit or just fakeclaiming then having a srs guilty on one of my top townreads yes. If it was on someone I was scumreading I wouldn't have had an issue.
Okay... why would that make Fire's claim fake rather than the result flawed?
I'm actually surprised there aren't more powers based on the rankings. Scum lied about the numbers for a reason.

If any of the cop claims are genuine I'm actually leaning towards Fires mechanically simply because it uses the rankings.

Pedit Because of your PP unvote. It was horrible. You spent a majority of the thread talking about PP and then unvote him and haven't actually seemed to do any reevaluating of the slot. A majority of your reasons PP is scum also don't link to PP's meta.
At work here is the brief version will expand more later
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I don't understand your logic.

You think I'm scum because I wanted to reevaluate based on new information?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by MariaR »

and so the apathy sets in
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:56 pm

In post 2328, Shoshin wrote:I don't understand your logic.

You think I'm scum because I wanted to reevaluate based on new information?
Rereading/making the claim that you have/will do so is not alignment indicative.

It’s more your reasoning for said reelaviation didn’t match up with your reasons for doing so.

You have a scum case that did NOT rely on meta.

Then when meta came in you blatantly ignored the other reasons. At the time it looked like an excuse to not vote PP, and so far nothing has countered that opinion so it stands.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2330, Commander Shepard wrote:It’s more your reasoning for said reelaviation didn’t match up with your reasons for doing so.

Then when meta came in you blatantly ignored the other reasons. At the time it looked like an excuse to not vote PP, and so far nothing has countered that opinion so it stands.
The strongest points in my case were disproven by meta, so I thought it wise to reevaluate. But that doesn't mean I sudddenly ignored my non-meta reasons. It means those points alone weren't enough to lynch him.

As you know from the Newbie game, I stress probabilities and some behaviors increase probability more than others. The PP case was based on taking all the points together, but none of the points alone were enough to lynch him. You take away the strongest point, and the overall probability wasn't enough for me to keep pushing him without reevaluating.

I think you're making way more out of this than you should be and that concerns me. I also think you're desire to die doesn't come from a town mindset (it's similar to how you play as scum, and don't say that's not true because I can pull up examples). I agree that you're playing much more aggressive in some respects than you do as scum, in a way that feels more like your town play, but the non-survivalistic stuff plus the weird suspicion of me based on unvoting PP doesn't feel like something you'd do as town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

UNVOTE: Shepard
VOTE: the worst

Let’s mix things up a bit since I’m not feeling crash hot about any of the wagons currently and the worst just concerns me. I don’t have any specific reasoning and I apologise for that.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by the worst »

Apology accepted fam
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:18 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Y r we not lynching c shep?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 am

Post by the worst »

y r we lynching shep?

frankly I just don't understand the last few pages so I'm back on the player I think is most likely to flip red. srynotsry
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Votecount 3.7

Commander Shepard
(3): Fire Assassin, Shoshin, Vaxkiller
Fire Assassin
(3): Espeonage, ManWithNoName, MariaR
Shoshin
(3): Punreader, Commander Shepard, the worst
the worst
(1): DeasVail

Not Voting
(2): Chara, Dunnstral

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to achieve a majority.
Deadline in (expired on 2018-07-21 13:08:00)
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:27 am

Post by MariaR »

VOTE: Shepard
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:54 pm

In post 2331, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2330, Commander Shepard wrote:It’s more your reasoning for said reelaviation didn’t match up with your reasons for doing so.

The strongest points in my case were disproven by meta, so I thought it wise to reevaluate. But that doesn't mean I sudddenly ignored my non-meta reasons. It means those points alone weren't enough to lynch him.

As you know from the Newbie game, I stress probabilities and some behaviors increase probability more than others. The PP case was based on taking all the points together, but none of the points alone were enough to lynch him. You take away the strongest point, and the overall probability wasn't enough for me to keep pushing him without reevaluating.

I think you're making way more out of this than you should be and that concerns me. I also think you're desire to die doesn't come from a town mindset (it's similar to how you play as scum, and don't say that's not true because I can pull up examples). I agree that you're playing much more aggressive in some respects than you do as scum, in a way that feels more like your town play, but the non-survivalistic stuff plus the weird suspicion of me based on unvoting PP doesn't feel like something you'd do as town.
This is circles

Your strongest points were not related to meta at all.

I already rehashed this point numerous times.

You and Vax are scum.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok look this thing is getting fucked. I have no incentive to do anything because there is an absolutely fucking obvious lynch here and until that gets taken there's jack shit else. We have no scum flips to do associatives with. And given the absolutely fucking tiny chance Fire flips town I kinda don't want to associative.

If I can be arsed I'll have a look, but if anyone is feeling motivated, tell me who Fire's partners are.
Don't @ me.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

No one has been able to tell me y fire it scum. if you really were not able to follow the ENTIRE DAY then I will outline commanders bullshit
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2322, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 2321, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2318, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 2316, Shoshin wrote:I'm not sure what else to say at this point in the game.

I still think Shepard's the best lynch today.
Shoshin

Let’s assume for a second we have played together.

Let’s assume for a second you don’t think I am terrible as scum.

It’s confirmed there are two cop claims a vig claim and an inno all going into night.

If you truly believe I am scum then why the fuck would I leave all of that open?

And on top of that shift all attention to myself the next day intentionally. I work best as scum when universally townread.

Now why would scum!me make what looks to be a dumb kill and before night ends beg to die?

I am not stupid. People voting me have 0 respect for my scum game. And right now that kill points to inexperienced or inactive scum.
What would you have done as scum after replacing your slot? What's your plan to get universally townread?
I would have been very appealing towards people who have wrong reads for the right reasons. I would make some townie with atrocious reads the town leader. Take a look at Shadowrun. I took my slot which was a bit suspected due to a single misspeak (not slip mind you as it could have come from town) and buddied the only person alive who heard it and the doctor to always navigate around protects. In Gistou my advice single handedly slaughtered the other scum team in one night due to town kills and I was strongman vigged for never being able to be lynched because so townie. I was so Townie mastina (who is awesome and I only say this to make a point not to attack someone who isn’t here) made a mod mistake and gave someone an investigative result of my fake claim and I wasn’t suspected. They started attacking each other.

Scum is much easier when other townies do the mislynching for you. Then you just let the narrative write itself.

In this case I am trying to figure out this game. Find me someone I have been buddy buddy towards. You fucking can’t.
You manipulate your meta, though. So why should I trust you here? Especially with the way you're mindlessly tunneling me? I'd like to townread you because you're fun to play with but you're not making it easy.

Assume for a moment I'm town. Who are the scum? What do you make of all the cops and vigs?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Shepard, what's your read on Pun?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Okay here’s the deal.

I’m becoming increasingly concerned about the current state of things. Maybe at least one of the current wagons is actually on scum, I don’t know, but I don’t feel confident in making a choice either way. I’m going to go back to Shepard who I believe is the most likely scum of the three (i townread Shoshin due to what appears to me a genuine mix of town apathy and attempting to solve the game and a conflict between these two, and Fire confuses me to the point where I just can’t bring myself to vote there).

I know I’ve probably harped on about this a lot, but the Maria and worst approaches here really do concern me. I don’t know if I can tell the difference between scum coasting and town apathy here but they are not getting any attention which bothers me.

For now though,

VOTE: Shepard
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2340, Vaxkiller wrote:No one has been able to tell me y fire it scum.
I mean, pretty sure it's been said with giant walls and everything, so don't give us this
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:50 am

In post 2341, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2322, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 2321, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2318, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 2316, Shoshin wrote:I'm not sure what else to say at this point in the game.

I still think Shepard's the best lynch today.
Shoshin

Let’s assume for a second we have played together.

Let’s assume for a second you don’t think I am terrible as scum.

It’s confirmed there are two cop claims a vig claim and an inno all going into night.

If you truly believe I am scum then why the fuck would I leave all of that open?

And on top of that shift all attention to myself the next day intentionally. I work best as scum when universally townread.

Now why would scum!me make what looks to be a dumb kill and before night ends beg to die?

I am not stupid. People voting me have 0 respect for my scum game. And right now that kill points to inexperienced or inactive scum.
What would you have done as scum after replacing your slot? What's your plan to get universally townread?
I would have been very appealing towards people who have wrong reads for the right reasons. I would make some townie with atrocious reads the town leader. Take a look at Shadowrun. I took my slot which was a bit suspected due to a single misspeak (not slip mind you as it could have come from town) and buddied the only person alive who heard it and the doctor to always navigate around protects. In Gistou my advice single handedly slaughtered the other scum team in one night due to town kills and I was strongman vigged for never being able to be lynched because so townie. I was so Townie mastina (who is awesome and I only say this to make a point not to attack someone who isn’t here) made a mod mistake and gave someone an investigative result of my fake claim and I wasn’t suspected. They started attacking each other.

Scum is much easier when other townies do the mislynching for you. Then you just let the narrative write itself.

In this case I am trying to figure out this game. Find me someone I have been buddy buddy towards. You fucking can’t.
You manipulate your meta, though. So why should I trust you here? Especially with the way you're mindlessly tunneling me? I'd like to townread you because you're fun to play with but you're not making it easy.

Assume for a moment I'm town. Who are the scum? What do you make of all the cops and vigs?
Vax would be one. MariaR another. Probably Fire too. I don’t trust any of the claims and I think they are meant to draw out real ones. MariaR is way too protective of Vax when he is lying or scum lied on rankings.

Two cops two vigs and two protects just can’t be.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Commander Shepard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:51 am

In post 2342, Shoshin wrote:Shepard, what's your read on Pun?
Not group scum. Pun shot me and didn’t die.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:28 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2346, Commander Shepard wrote:
In post 2342, Shoshin wrote:Shepard, what's your read on Pun?
Not group scum. Pun shot me and didn’t die.
Yeah, but neither did you... So why is that tell us anything about him?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2345, Commander Shepard wrote:Vax would be one. MariaR another. Probably Fire too. I don’t trust any of the claims and I think they are meant to draw out real ones. MariaR is way too protective of Vax when he is lying or scum lied on rankings.

Two cops two vigs and two protects just can’t be.
What has Vax lied about?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Shoshin »

I think we should mass claim.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”