Newbie 1882 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:58 am

Post by Completly Trustworthy »

My Reads so far:
Chardev-Slight town for being active and helpful throughout the entire game. I believe his questioning of me over the debate over whether IC's should be lynched was merely a case of him not understanding what I was asking as he later took back his comments.
UglyDuck-Slight scum for not posting that often, voting Chardev for weak reasons in my opinion, and only focusing on a question made at the beginning of the game instead of advancing the game state further.
iChronicDemonic-Null because he could either be bad scum or new town, time will tell in this case.
Papa Zito- Null since his refusal to answer my question was annoying and time-wasting, but that could just be part of the way he acts. Zito has made a variety of helpful and useless posts, so I have no strong read on him.
Sunlit Diamond- Diamond gave me the most thorough answers to my questions and most of their posts(though still relatively few) contain important information, so I think Diamond is slightly town at this point.
Teacher- Teacher's rapid posting and good points earn him a slight town lean, but I still think some of his questions are about relatively inconsequential things. However, since town members are naturally inquisitive, it makes more sense for a town member to make a deal about a minor point than for a more defensive scum to do the same.
Lefty-I think of Lefty as slightly scummy at this point due to their theorizing about a scumteam with little reasoning.
Reckoner- Reckoner is slightly scummy to me because most of his posts have been unhelpful and is weird, why did Reckoner not ask for an explanation from lefty instead of expressing relief he was accused. Nobody wants to be thought of as being in a scumteam, so that post was unneeded and forced in my opinion.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 am

Post by Lefty »

My reads on UG and Sunny are more gut than anything. Early in the game I prefer to use my intuition because there’s no real concrete evidence to use yet (IE - flips, voting patterns, interaction tells with known flips, etc). A lot of it is just tone.

Sunny’s posts just struck me that they might come from scum. I disagree that because they answered your questions thoroughly that it warrants being Town read.

UG’s question on pg2 is patently false and the angle seems like one scum would use to go on the offensive early. Furthermore I don’t see how their question there is congruent with their thoughts on pg4.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 100, Completly Trustworthy wrote:Reckoner- Reckoner is slightly scummy to me because most of his posts have been unhelpful and 76 is weird, why did Reckoner not ask for an explanation from lefty instead of expressing relief he was accused. Nobody wants to be thought of as being in a scumteam, so that post was unneeded and forced in my opinion.
Why would I argue on someone else's behalf? I'm not in the crosshairs, if people want to defend themselves then I'm going to let them defend themselves, it's not my place to do it for them
green shirt thursdays
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:33 am

Can someone who has played with Reckoner tell me whether the mindset he is expressing now is normal? I don't want to think someone is being scummy purely because of the way they play.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

meta is garbage
green shirt thursdays
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:15 am

Post by teacher »

In post 103, Completly Trustworthy wrote:Can someone who has played with Reckoner tell me whether the mindset he is expressing now is normal? I don't want to think someone is being scummy purely because of the way they play.
1. Havent played with him.

2. Disagree with him on meta.

3. His playstyle (and Lefty's open) are relatively common, and took me some adjusting to when I joined the site. I have difficulty reading it, but view it as playstyle rather than alignment.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by brassherald »

Votecount 1.06

iChronicDemonic (2) -
UglyDuck (2) -
Chardev (2) -

Not Voting (5) -
, teacher,

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-07-26 21:00:00)
Sunlit Diamond will be VLA on 7/20 (This means the prod timer will be extended from the usual 30 hours to 45 hours)
teacher is usually VLA weekends
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by teacher »

So far this game Im doing way better at town hunting than scum hunting. And I can see what Lando was saying about the lag.

@Sunny - what slot do you feel strongest on (either way), and why?

@Papa - did Lando's unvote strike you the same way as Chronic's, and why (not)?
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Lefty »

In post 107, teacher wrote:So far this game Im doing way better at town hunting than scum hunting. And I can see what Lando was saying about the lag.

@Sunny - what slot do you feel strongest on (either way), and why?

@Papa - did Lando's unvote strike you the same way as Chronic's, and why (not)?
Who are you TR on right now?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

where's uglyduck tho
green shirt thursdays
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

Urgh this day ended up being a busy mess. Reading up.
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

Lefty is clearly scum because he misquoted Loki and that is s a c r i l e g e. (pitchforks away folks, it's a joke.)

-

If you're going to use meta, do your own research and do it well. Ask me how I once helped town lose because I let myself be WIFOM'ed by RC's game history and my own shitty meta analysis. Actually- please don't. It's fucking embarrassing.

-
In post 107, teacher wrote:@Sunny - what slot do you feel strongest on (either way), and why?
You mean besides you? :P

My read on Chronic is strongest. His posts sounded genuinely new and confused and not quite sure what to do; I'm not getting any sense of scum-preservation like Zito said at all. If Chronic indicates (via statement or play) that he has other experience, then this read will shift drastically, but...yeah. I'd like to hear from him about what he thinks of the game so far, if he hasn't been scared off entirely.

Chardev's vote was crap and his unvote wasn't any better, so I'm keeping my vote there. My 23 was referring to his 9 which I still think was an attempt to make CT's question appear worse than it was.

Thoughts on other people:

UglyDuck - He questioned CT's 'assumption' in his first post, stated again in 80 that he didn't get the IC comment, then in 82 explained in perfect detail that he understands it. So why ask if he understood...? I could compromise vote here unless Ugly has a good explanation. (Talk to me, ducky.)

CT - Is new, but informed us he's read some games so I feel like he should be more aware of differing play styles than he's shown us so far. It feels like he's trying on surface-level votes to see what sticks. 103 is uber-LAMIST. Ultimately I can't decide if he's scum looking for a safe wagon, or insecure town.

Lefty - I'm going to push back HARD on the idea that intuition is all there is to work with in D1. Even this early you can watch how people interact and form evidence-based reads. How much experience do you have playing mafia?
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 101, Lefty wrote:My reads on UG and Sunny are more gut than anything. Early in the game I prefer to use my intuition because there’s no real concrete evidence to use yet (IE - flips, voting patterns, interaction tells with known flips, etc). A lot of it is just tone.

Sunny’s posts just struck me that they might come from scum. I disagree that because they answered your questions thoroughly that it warrants being Town read.

UG’s question on pg2 is patently false and the angle seems like one scum would use to go on the offensive early. Furthermore I don’t see how their question there is congruent with their thoughts on pg4.
1) saying your early game is reliant on gut is just a lazy way of not having to put effort into the game (if you are town), or skummy (if you are skum). It could totally be true, I can't read minds, but if your gut is your D1 device just do something more useful and sheep someone you think is town.

2) What question are you referring to that I asked? The only ones I see are when I asked why a player thought "the site was rigged" and then later on "whysies".
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 111, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Lefty is clearly scum because he misquoted Loki and that is s a c r i l e g e. (pitchforks away folks, it's a joke.)

-

If you're going to use meta, do your own research and do it well. Ask me how I once helped town lose because I let myself be WIFOM'ed by RC's game history and my own shitty meta analysis. Actually- please don't. It's fucking embarrassing.

-
In post 107, teacher wrote:@Sunny - what slot do you feel strongest on (either way), and why?
You mean besides you? :P

My read on Chronic is strongest. His posts sounded genuinely new and confused and not quite sure what to do; I'm not getting any sense of scum-preservation like Zito said at all. If Chronic indicates (via statement or play) that he has other experience, then this read will shift drastically, but...yeah. I'd like to hear from him about what he thinks of the game so far, if he hasn't been scared off entirely.

Chardev's vote was crap and his unvote wasn't any better, so I'm keeping my vote there. My 23 was referring to his 9 which I still think was an attempt to make CT's question appear worse than it was.

Thoughts on other people:

UglyDuck - He questioned CT's 'assumption' in his first post, stated again in 80 that he didn't get the IC comment, then in 82 explained in perfect detail that he understands it. So why ask if he understood...? I could compromise vote here unless Ugly has a good explanation. (Talk to me, ducky.)

CT - Is new, but informed us he's read some games so I feel like he should be more aware of differing play styles than he's shown us so far. It feels like he's trying on surface-level votes to see what sticks. 103 is uber-LAMIST. Ultimately I can't decide if he's scum looking for a safe wagon, or insecure town.

Lefty - I'm going to push back HARD on the idea that intuition is all there is to work with in D1. Even this early you can watch how people interact and form evidence-based reads. How much experience do you have playing mafia?

My answer to your question is the obvious one - I initially read the comment as the player thinking that the IC had higher odds simply based on being the IC... then multiple people over many posts pointed out what was meant by it... then I posted post 82.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 109, xRECKONERx wrote:where's uglyduck tho
lolz focus on yourself.
12 total posts.
first three RVS + nonsense.
5th is an autocorrect
and most recent is just asking where I am.

I arguably have contributed more than you have. and that is saying something, because I have essentially done jack.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

Teacher and Demon should post some reads.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 100, Completly Trustworthy wrote:My Reads so far:
Chardev-Slight town for being active and helpful throughout the entire game. I believe his questioning of me over the debate over whether IC's should be lynched was merely a case of him not understanding what I was asking as he later took back his comments.
UglyDuck-Slight scum for not posting that often, voting Chardev for weak reasons in my opinion, and only focusing on a question made at the beginning of the game instead of advancing the game state further.
iChronicDemonic-Null because he could either be bad scum or new town, time will tell in this case.
Papa Zito- Null since his refusal to answer my question was annoying and time-wasting, but that could just be part of the way he acts. Zito has made a variety of helpful and useless posts, so I have no strong read on him.
Sunlit Diamond- Diamond gave me the most thorough answers to my questions and most of their posts(though still relatively few) contain important information, so I think Diamond is slightly town at this point.
Teacher- Teacher's rapid posting and good points earn him a slight town lean, but I still think some of his questions are about relatively inconsequential things. However, since town members are naturally inquisitive, it makes more sense for a town member to make a deal about a minor point than for a more defensive scum to do the same.
Lefty-I think of Lefty as slightly scummy at this point due to their theorizing about a scumteam with little reasoning.
Reckoner- Reckoner is slightly scummy to me because most of his posts have been unhelpful and is weird, why did Reckoner not ask for an explanation from lefty instead of expressing relief he was accused. Nobody wants to be thought of as being in a scumteam, so that post was unneeded and forced in my opinion.
So for those that are new to the game - this is what we call a "Charisma List".
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

yo papa why I skum?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

fun poll - who thinks there is skum between chardev and demon?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:00 am

Post by brassherald »

iChronicDemonic has been prodded for the first time.

Votecount 1.07

iChronicDemonic (1) -

UglyDuck (2) -
Chardev (2) -

Not Voting (6) -
, teacher, , Completly Trustworthy

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-07-26 21:00:00)
Sunlit Diamond will be VLA on 7/20 (This means the prod timer will be extended from the usual 30 hours to 45 hours)
teacher is usually VLA weekends
Last edited by brassherald on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Chardev
Chardev
Townie
Chardev
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:35 am

Post by Chardev »

Continuing my questioning...
Lefty--what strikes Sunny's posts as scummy?
--
CT is asking a lot of questions. Not sure if this is because he is scum trying to avoid suspicion or just newbtown, so probably NAI, but just noting this in case it comes up.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 114, UglyDuck wrote:
In post 109, xRECKONERx wrote:where's uglyduck tho
lolz focus on yourself.
12 total posts.
first three RVS + nonsense.
5th is an autocorrect
and most recent is just asking where I am.

I arguably have contributed more than you have. and that is saying something, because I have essentially done jack.
at the time of this post u had a whopping 4 posts so far to my 12 so even if some of mine r garbage i think it's perfectly reasonable for me to note that u had a comparatively smaller presence
green shirt thursdays
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:48 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 107, teacher wrote:@Papa - did Lando's unvote strike you the same way as Chronic's, and why (not)?
It didn't no and I'm not sure what would be similar between the two? Chronic's unvote was basically borne out of panic. Lando clearly explained his thinking. Also by then there had been other unvotes so the pressure was lost anyway.

Hey Reck what's your read on me atm?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 am

I have some questions for various players(and the mod)
Uglyduck:
1. Why do you suspect Chardev and Demon?
2. Why did you call my list of reads a charisma list?
Teacher:
1. If you are good at townhunting this game, who do you townread?
Reckoner:
What is your opinion of various players so far? Telling that could help with your lack of content.
Brassherald:
Why did the last vote count say I'm voting for Demon even though I unvoted?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:13 am

Post by teacher »

Mod: Lando/Trust says his vote is miscounted

Lando-Im working on a longer post. But as a courtesy, bold things for the mod so that they stand out.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”