Newbie 1881 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1264, WhyMafia wrote:Elaborate
I don't really think it makes sense for mafia to force a 1v1 like this, basically.

I partially just don't want to have to deal with either of them anymore, lol.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@TRINITY CLAIM

also answer my questions please
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1266, Quick wrote:
In post 1259, nancy wrote:
In post 1250, Quick wrote:What the fuck are you reporting my post for? Anger? Pretty sure that's not breaking any rules.
You are making the word "fuck" size 40 or whatever and are being abusive. It's not okay to treat people like this.
How am I being abusive!!!!

Really, how??? I don't understand how on earth you can think this!!! It's insane! I haven't used a single ad hominem, I haven't told anyone to fuck off even. All I have done is use the word fuck. That's NOT breaking any rules as far as I can see. Really? You want me to get banned for saying fuck? Why?
Would you shout at someone, asking how the fuck they believe or think the things that they do? I really don't think so.

If you don't understand that it's not okay to treat people this way, I don't know what to tell you.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1250, Quick wrote:What the fuck are you reporting my post for? Anger? Pretty sure that's not breaking any rules.
You are making the word "fuck" size 40 or whatever and are being abusive. It's not okay to treat people like this.

Really, how??? I don't understand how on earth you can think this!!! It's insane! I haven't used a single ad hominem, I haven't told anyone to fuck off even. All I have done is use the word fuck. That's NOT breaking any rules as far as I can see. Really? You want me to get banned for saying fuck? Why?
I didnt take anything he said as abusive. I think that he is scum and is trying to push his wincon forward, im not going to fault him for that. I think that his overly antagonistic stance towards me is evidence of his agenda.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1277, nancy wrote:

Would you shout at someone, asking how the fuck they believe or think the things that they do? I really don't think so.

If you don't understand that it's not okay to treat people this way, I don't know what to tell you.
He's intentionally trying to piss me off!?!?! Do you not see that?
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by nancy »

Hm. Maybe you're right WhyMafia?

I've basically ruled out everyone except Flicker and Eragon as Trinity's partners and Eragon just put her to L-1 so now I'm kind of ruling him out too and I townread Flicker...

I could be misclearing a team but I don't think I am?

Talk to me about why you think makes sense to you?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Formerfish »

No, im not.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@ff how confident are you in quick scum?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1279, Quick wrote:He's intentionally trying to piss me off!?!?! Do you not see that?
Not really? Even if he is, you don't have to respond the way you are.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1278, Formerfish wrote:

I didnt take anything he said as abusive. I think that he is scum and is trying to push his wincon forward, im not going to fault him for that. I think that his overly antagonistic stance towards me is evidence of his agenda.
I've gone through a lot of therapy to learn how NOT to go over the edge. I am someone who tends to get heated in the game. Clearly, you know this or you wouldn't be antagonizing me like this.

I think it's kind of rotten of you anyways to try and get under my skin to form a read on me. I used to do that too, until I saw that people actually don't like that too much, *shock*

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1283, nancy wrote:
In post 1279, Quick wrote:He's intentionally trying to piss me off!?!?! Do you not see that?
Not really? Even if he is, you don't have to respond the way you are.
People have emotions nancy. IDK why you don't get that, it's pretty simple.

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1282, OkaPoka wrote:@ff how confident are you in quick scum?
Like 65-75%
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Quick »

@Mod
, Can we get a VC, please?

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1280, nancy wrote:Hm. Maybe you're right WhyMafia?

I've basically ruled out everyone except Flicker and Eragon as Trinity's partners and Eragon just put her to L-1 so now I'm kind of ruling him out too and I townread Flicker...

nah, if we assume Eragon is fully caught up then he could be sensing that the thread is turning hostile against Trinity and thus he is trying to sneak onto the wagon for towncred. assuming trinity is scum
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by nancy »

Quick I am an insanely emotion person and I freak out and overreact to stuff more than anyone I know. There are points where I would have done that this game if I weren't the IC and I would probably be that way now if I weren't the IC. I get it. I really do. But you are in control of what you do. It's important to remember that. You have the control.

TrinityNZ (4) - OkaPoka, Flicker, nancy, Eragon
OkaPoka (3) - IcemanCh, WhyMafia, TrinityNZ
Formerfish (1) - Quick
Quick (1) - Formerfish

Not Voting (0) -

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by nancy »

Unvote

Kinda don't want to risk a hammer before WhyMafia has a chance to get back to me.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1284, Quick wrote:I've gone through a lot of therapy to learn how NOT to go over the edge. I am someone who tends to get heated in the game. Clearly, you know this or you wouldn't be antagonizing me like this.

I think it's kind of rotten of you anyways to try and get under my skin to form a read on me. I used to do that too, until I saw that people actually don't like that too much, *shock*
I am not trying to antagonize you at this point. I told nancy I could be civil, but that I would not stop pushing a scum read. You are a scum read and I am getting sick of you hounding me at every step I make. You are tilting at windmills and havent even stopped for a second to reconsider your read at all.

You think that I am trying to push your buttons but im not. I dont know if thats just the only thing you can come up with for a defense to what I am saying, but if I wanted you to melt down, why defend you to nancy? Why wouldnt I just let her do the work for me and move on? Because i think you are scum and this is all in the game.\

If you want to make it about more than what it is then that is a you issue and not a me issue.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1276, OkaPoka wrote:@TRINITY CLAIM

also answer my questions please
I am town. Just because I’m not very good at playing this game, I’m being mistakenly read as scum. I guess it’s my own fault, but that doesn’t make it right. Oka I’m not answering any more questions from you, I’ve already said.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

You are about to be lynched, we want to know whether you are a pr or not.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by nancy »

Trinity, you don't have to claim anything right now.
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

She does not need to claim yet stop pressuring her
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

I’m half asleep but I’ll try to elaborate
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Eragon »

Im out for now.

my V/LA should be ending late tomorrow, finally :3
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1252, Eragon wrote:
In post 418, Quick wrote:
In post 405, IcemanCh wrote:Soo....... I feel like OKa is a bad or scum. Not sure which.

I also think Trinity is town. She's new and clunky but, I've played a few games with her and nothing seems scummy so far. I've seen her play scum and.... well you'd know.

I really want to vote quick and get quick lynched. To me only scum would come in and throw up their hands and say I'm not reading anything. Here's a vote count. Here's my reads. Don't worry those cause my reads are garbage because I didn't actually read anything. If town came in and refused to read the game they wouldn't then turn around and give reads.

I also think Oka is pushing mis-lynches. Trying to snag the easiest ones. Weird that he's not jumping on Quick as that seems the easiest to me at the moment.
SRing me because I am not caught up is a horrible reason to SR someone. Like, seriously?
In post 406, IcemanCh wrote:I think I'm a bit lost at the moment. I've lost my town read on Nancy..... Please Nancy come back to town. I wanna believe. She seems to have just faded a bit and is just poking holes in everything. Not necessarily a bad thing but, doesn't seem like the way things started at first.

Trinity, Go take a look at some of FFs other games. His play this game seems exactly like his town play. I'll go looking for one of his scum games and compare though because I've only played with town!FF.

Quick, I'm not sure what to ask you..... Have your reads changed? Not sure if the answer is worth it.

Oka, I don't mean to restate this but, you really seem to be looking for the easiest lynches instead of looking for scum. I don't like it. Also, what do you think about quick?

FF, do you think that Oka is a better lynch then Quick and why?
I am still developing reads. I probably will not get fully caught up and you saying that is Scummy is odd to me.
I agree with not-catching up being NAI, and that Iceman way over-reacted, but it kinda seemed like new-town perspective.
I’d say the whole interaction is likely NAI
I'm not a newbie....
In post 429, Quick wrote:
In post 428, Formerfish wrote:
In post 418, Quick wrote:SRing me because I am not caught up is a horrible reason to SR someone. Like, seriously?
Lets not get things twisted here. No one is scum reading you because you arent "caught up." People are scum reading you because you said that you were not going to catch up.
That's the same fucking thing, brah.

I'll do ISOs but I'm not going to read 400 posts when probably at least half of them are RVS anyways. I'm engaged now. I don't see people bringing up stuff from 5 pages ago anyway so it's not like I am missing a whole lot.

I still need to look at Stan1ey's progression.
I posted this as an overall of FF/Quick’s spat and shit
I am not gonna read it because its irritating, but I can easily say its never S v S, but T v S and T v T are possibilites.
I think T v S is the strongest possbility, but its not 100% for me
Oh, I agree it's not TvT. Clearly, it's TvS.
In post 434, Quick wrote:FF, you said ISOs are NAI. Is catching up AI?
Good point.
No one else said anything about this...
In post 505, Quick wrote:
In post 488, nancy wrote:
Vote: Quick

I don't believe that your read on Iceman is real.
OK.
You're saying that you disagree with him or he is bad therefore he is mafia, which is nonsense.
No, I am not saying any of that. Reread my case on Ice. I said he's Scum for pushing something as Scummy that is NAI.
Your entire case on him feels like shade and I don't like it one bit. Please catch up and provide thoughts on the game.
Have you not seen someone make a case on someone before or what? What about my case on him is Shade as opposed to an actual read? Shade to me is where you try and make someone look like Scum without voting them in hopes of changing someone in the game's mind on them or just weakening people's read on them as Town. I'm not doing that considering I am actually voting him for his shit reasons for voting me.

Why the hell should I do what you say? Frankly, I don't give a shit if you don't think my read on Ice is "real" I'm voting a SR get over it. You've talked about how "tone reads mean nothing" well you saying my read on Ice isn't real is basically the same fucking thing. Unless you can actually point to examples about how my read on him is "fake" I don't want to hear it.

I feel like you are just SRing me because I made an abrupt change of vote on someone. That's not Scummy - especially when I am still developing reads.

I don't really feel like getting blackmailed by votes just because I haven't fully caught up. Clearly, you're one of those people who isn't experienced enough to know that some people just play from where they replace in. Yeah, I know I am not doing myself any favors by coming across as so abrasive, but I don't really care at this point since the only legitimate (and I use the term loosely) reason why anyone has said I am Scummy is because I haven't fully caught up yet.
I can’t place my finger on it but this vote pings me
Try. Why does it ping you?
In post 517, Quick wrote:OK, I'm caught up, AMA

/S

Seriously though I really hate being blackmailed to catch up in a game. Shit is just not right.

In other news, not sold on FF being Town. He got early TRs from people and that seems to have stuck for not very good reasons I don't think. FF is a good player, not ready to clear them just based on... Whatever people were TRing him for, because from what I saw, didn't see a whole lot of Town tells and def felt like I was strongly disagreeing with some of the stuff he's said so far.
Disagreeing /=/ scum
And thinking anyone that disagrees with you is scum, is scummy
That wasn't my poit at all.
In post 617, Quick wrote:I am having second thoughts on Ice. Reason I was SRing him before is because a lot of his thought process in terms of reads is just plain wrong, but maybe he is actually just a newb and doesn't know any better.

Ex. Him saying nancy poking holes in everything is Scummy... That's actually pretty damn Townie IMO. His Thought process is overly black and white which is not something I would expect from someone playing in games with 20 PRs. I can explain this, but don't feel like it. I have a lot of experience all over the web so just trust me on this. Still, he has this kind of ignorance that I can't help comes from Town.
I think Quick was trying to find a way to back out of the ice SR, because calling someone towny because “ignorance that comes from town” is one of the weakest things I can see.

Quick Had been strongly SR’ing Ice, and could be seen as a hard OMGUS and trying to Lynch a newbie, in which case would throw considerable suspicion on Quick if Ice flipped town, so Quick backed off the read a bit with an easy read.
Uhh... So I can't reevaluate people? What's your read on Ice and what's my Scum motivation for changing the read?
In post 627, Quick wrote:I don't think Oka is a good choice for lynching this phase. I'd rather PRs deal with him.
>translation
Either: Oka is town and his Lynch will spew scum from pushes and stuff

Or: Oka is my scum buddy and we need time to kill and/or find the PR’s before my buddy is lynched.

I say this because only mafia and the PR’s have some indication of what the true role-list is, and its possible for their to be either,
Weak PR’s or
Only 1 town PR or
Im not sure on this but maybe non-invest PR
Meaning oka would be safer than being lynched D1
I don't see how being aware there are PRs in the game is AI.. I made an unconventionaly stance, sure, but why is that Scummy?
In post 753, Quick wrote:Reads

Town

nanacy, Trinity
Town Lean

Ice, Oka
Null

Flicker, WhyMafia, Eragon
Scum Lean

FF

I guess I can't really justify giving a Town Lean to WhyMafia. Flicker fits the same category, so out of my Nulls, Eragon is probably the Scummiest.
Fair
Not sure what you are saying "Fair" to.
In post 1083, Quick wrote:
In post 979, WhyMafia wrote:DAMMIT YOU STOLE MY PAGE TOP
that's definitely evidence that you are scum *points finger*
Reusing the same joke is kinda Scummy.

Discuss.
No
It kinda is tho...
In post 1084, Quick wrote:
In post 1046, OkaPoka wrote:Because if you are scum, we lynch me today, you can nk one of those two and worst case scenario the other person is scum, nobody here is going to have the guts to oppose you and your bloc.
I didn't realize I was on the Town block…
This post pinged me a bit, seems like scum surprised that they are being TR’d by someone
What happened to the SvS theory between me and Oka?
In post 1126, Quick wrote:Trinity is creeping up on me as being Scummy now. It seems whenever Trinity is asked something, they completely disappear. Very suspect.

@nancy, what do you mean when you say I am not doing anything? I feel like I have been pushing my SRs just fine, offering my reasoning on why I TR the people I do. What do you want from me?
Slight SR for someone’s activity, yuck.
It's not about how much activity, it's about when.
In post 1184, Quick wrote:
In post 1181, nancy wrote:About the wagon stuff people were mentioning earlier...

If a wagon on one player continually dies, it can be a sign that they're mafia because their partners may be pushing against the lynch, and because mafia are more likely to support town lynches, making it easier for them to go through. This is why you should look for mafia on the wagon of a mafia lynch if the lynch seems to go through too easily.

If the thread dies when there is a consensus lynch, it can often mean that the lynch is a miss because if it weren't a miss then mafia would be actively trying to save their partner. This isn't always the case, because mafia may be bussing, mafia may simply not know what to do, mafia may be inactive, or other more contextual things. It's also less of a thing when there are only 2 mafia.

People were talking about no one defending Oka, but that's not really how you should look at it. Mafia defend town lynches too. And they don't always defend their partners. If no one is defending OkaPoka, then you have to look at who is pushing on him, who is simply abstaining, and why. Are any of the people pushing him bussing? Are any of the people abstaining acting like they know he's a mislynch? Are any of the people off wagon doing anything to try to dismantle the wagon?

That's kind of what I've been looking at and I think the way FF jumped on deserves a look in the world where Oka is town because it was a kind of slimy thing where he built up to it by arguing with Oka then, when he had the fuel, he pounced. There wasn't a natural progression there from his previous read on Oka, I don't think. I think the way that Quick has been idly sitting in thread and doing things like throwing shade on Trinity makes sense in a world where Oka/Trinity is v/v and he wants to capitalize on Oka's townflip by pushing a Trinity lynch. I think Iceman's treatment of the wagon is just super town all around, and I think WhyMafia's treatment of the wagon has been pretty good too.
You didn't say anything about Aragorn, why not?
GRRRR… you got my name wrong, you must be scum(joke)

But seriously, why only me out of anyone else that wasn’t mentioned
Because you were the only one I thought of who was so... outside of combat???
In post 1252, Eragon wrote:overall conclusion: Slight scum
i dont like the 180 backing off of some people
Wanting to engage with me yet not asking me questions is ???
as i read it, slight buddying of Oka,
all the shit with FF that i never read
OMGUS'ing because of being SR for not-catching up(while i agree with the sentiment, a strong OMGUS, especially on a noob, is wolfy, and i think you realized this and is why you backed off.)
and a few other individual pingy posts
You gave 1 example of me making a 180 (I think).
You are never around. I can't help that and neither can you. I am engaging with you now.
How does the buddying fit in with the SvS read between us?
I don't understand how it makes sense that an OMGUS is Scummy only against a newbie? Have you never SR a person who made a bad push on you before?

WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 1280, nancy wrote:Hm. Maybe you're right WhyMafia?

It’s not towny per say. It’s not elegant nor is it a good post. But the underlying thought process behind - he’s gonna look bad when I flip town so he’s not gonna pressure much so he’s town isn’t 100% coming from scum. Why would it? Is she trying to avoid being called out for it? I believe she’s perceptive enough to see that it would be controversial. But I don’t see her scum motivation in the unvote. I see her as town trying to get passed confirmation bias and try to broaden her horizons.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”