OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:19 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 2.8

Sando (0)
~
skitter30 (4)
~ Skygazer, Ausuka, OkaPoka, vulcan logician,
AP (0)
~
Cardi B (1)
~ ofrhz,
Music (0)
~
Ausuka (0)
~
Skygazer (0)
~
vulcan logician (1)
~ skitter30,
ceejayvinoya (0)
~
ofrhz (0)
~
OkaPoka (0)
~
Enigma (0)
~

NOT VOTING:
Sando, AP, Cardi B, Music, ceejayvinoya, Enigma,

with 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2018-08-05 09:00:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- Sando v/la til 26/07
- no change I just love pagetops
- quack
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:26 am

Post by Sando »

Hey guys, I'm back, but been awake today for a very long time and flying etc. I'll post more in the morning.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:50 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 1068, vulcan logician wrote:What are you trying to say there, Ceej?
Only that you used to be more of an active presence in game and it's bothering me. I've seen you play as scum and town and on both of those circumstances you were active.

I've never seen this lurky side of you before and not sure what it implies regarding your alignment.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:07 am

Post by AP »

In post 1056, the worst wrote:
Music replaces BuJaber
So instead of reading posts we're gonna hear them now??
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:09 am

Post by AP »

In post 1060, ceejayvinoya wrote:since he knows Invis doesn't have a night action anyway.
He would have been assigned the KILL, since scum can't use their action AND kill at the same night!

Nice try though.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:10 am

Post by AP »

I think he's trying to defame all the slots he can.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:10 am

Post by AP »

YEAH BABY YEAH!
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:52 am

Post by vulcan logician »

It'd sure be nice if we could get some more folks voting. Maybe get a wagon going to compete with skitter's wagon.

I mean, you could hop on my wagon... I got folks accusing me a creepily lurking--even though, in my own defense, I'd point out that I've been active this day cycle. Regardless, my wagon is a viable option at this point with all the sus pointed in my direction. Hop on if you think I'm scummy.

Or perhaps wagon somebody else. I'll jump on a ceej wagon, since he's throwing shade at me. (I'm not above OMGUS.) I'll also go for Bujaber/music ... maybe even Sando.

Like I said before, since we got lucky and nailed a lurker, so let's play D2 like a second D1.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:56 am

Post by vulcan logician »

Also, I don't like Cardi slot... mainly for the reasons ofrhz laid out in post 889. I was leaving it alone in hopes Cardi would post / be replaced, but the more I think of it, Cardi/Brass is one of my top scum leans. I'm willing to wagon them too.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1029, skitter30 wrote:(bleh. in a bit of a depression thing atm and i don't really have it in me rn to talk you lot out of this)
In post 1002, Skygazer wrote:I'm neighbourizer and through PoE from my neighbor's claim we discovered that there has to be a Vig/PGO in AP/Skitter/Oka/Vulcan which means that one of those players would know that a ruru kill would be safe

We think that Oka and Vulcan are town, though, and that AP would've used their one-shot last night
ok, i believe the sky/ausuka neighbor thing i think; i had read and actually thought that was a cop soft with an inno on ausuka

so basically you think that scum knew that ruru wasn't pgo since they had gotten that slot, and since ausuka failed to get it there must be a vig/pgo in ap/me/oka/vulcan, and that it's me?

i agree that scum prob have it, and if ausuka is telling the truth that it must be in that pool, but lol at me picking it; i honestly can't imagine a scenario where i go for that slot; wrt pgo i have singularly little faith in my ability to get myself nk'd and don't want to fuck with town prs doing their thing; and vig i find stressful since if i choose the wrong target i killed town (yes i know that's the nature of the role but that's why i don't want to be one)

in the pool of ap/vulcan/oka, why are you guys townreading vulcan and oka?

wrt to those slots:

ap - still having trouble seeing him as scum given the fact that he lol-hammered vizzy and confused him for someone else; i don't think he forgets who his partner is; also i think if he's pgo he prob actiavtes last night and expects to be visited after that hammer but there's no evidence of that happening

oka - his tone overall i think probably comes from town; scum i feel like aren't quite so blunt or lamp-shade-y of the scum motivation inherent in some of his posts; i don't particularly like his vizzy vote tho, since he had wanted it earlier in the day, wanted to wagon ap as the vizzy wagon started, but joined the vizzy wagon as it built up steam

vulcan - thoroughly underwhelmed; i feel like he's active lurking and i don't really know who he's scumreading; like i kinda feel like he's hopping on wagons that someone else is pushing without really adding anything new to the push (cj, card, me); dislike the cj trajectory;

of these individuals, i think i want to vote vulcan the most

VOTE: vulcan

======
In post 1000, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: skitter30

she was voting the enigma wagon + she is focusing on cardi/ofrhz where there's an argument between them (I know there's a term for this but I'm sleepy and can't remember it sorry) + this is good enough of a case for me.
i think i made my stance on the enigma wagon pretty clear

i'm not sure where you think i'm focusing on cardi/ofrhz?
sorry to hear that skitter :(

scum are likely to own vig/PGO slot anyway so whether you would select it as town doesn't really matter here, it's about if you'd select it as scum.

Oka feels towny independent of the draft. Vulcan read for me is just based on the draft. Invis was a goon. Did he go for RB? If yes: it makes sense he's top scum in the draft. If not: why would Vulcan above him take 1shot vig over RB? It only makes sense if Okapoka is the scum RB, but then it should be better to lynch Oka instead. Oka is also notscumvig via draft in that as top scum there doesn't seem to be much reason to take 1s vig? The vig has to choose between killing ML bait or getting PoEd so it's not very strong. I don't think it makes sense to choose PGO.

You went through the invis votes and singled out Cardi and ofrhz iirc?
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Cardi B »

Ya Girl's Toughts From Befo D2

• Invizzibility votes listed from most probly not partner to least probly: skitterskitter, engingma, AP, ofhrz, okapoka, C J Vinny. For bookeepin reasons Id put ruru at the front a that. CJVinnys the only one there I wouldnt say I thinka them more town after vizzy flip. Okapoka sticks out 2 me as the only one that seemed to be wafflin around the wagon a bit, a lotta other people on wagon were like "I think invis scummy les wagon yaak yaak yaak" whereas oka had some different minds about it around that time. I still thinks his vote comes from town a lil bit more offen, basiclly means "lets all go head and lynch vizzy now" and it still wasnt a given at that point. CJs vote jus seems like a hop on to me especially seeins as I cant imagine him doin anything to fight the wagon. He seem like someone easy 2 meta read tho and I think people were talking abou that 2day but I forget.
  • Brassheral had that shmoneymoneymoney vote that I took off when I walk in eoowww.
  • soundz like AP is town to me.
  • feelz like his full townreads woul all be town. Ausukas the only one Id be worried about but wit the neighborizer stuff 2day I seen thats less of concerned.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1037, Enigma wrote:
In post 1036, Skygazer wrote:I can neighbourize anyone, however in this set up each neighbourization action creates it's own individual neighborhood apparently
Sorry trying to get my head around this a bit..

@Sky
Do you mind sharing your thought process on why you targeted Ausuka for the neighbour? Could you elaborate more on why you think she is conf!town based on the neighbourhood discussion?

@Ausuka
Do you have any comments about how you feel on Sky's alignment/behaviour based on the neighbourhood PT?
Sky feels like she's genuinely trying to gamesolve in the PT and as she said earlier I find the role choice towny.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Cardi B »

Ya Girl's Toughts From Durin D2

• Hol On an gimme a sec if u would.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1040, Enigma wrote:
In post 911, Ausuka wrote:
In post 790, ofrhz wrote:I think I'm here right now (town to scum):

skitter, bujaber, ceejay, ruru, okapoka
sando, AP
skygazer, vulcan, enigma
ausuka, cardi, invis
can you explain more of these reads ofrhz? specifically I'd want to hear the reasoning for your reads on me and cjv.
One more for Ausuka, why were you, after ruru flip, interested in ofrhz (+you/cjv) given she is the last one on the draft?
Nothing to do with the draft! I just thought she was scum.

Me and cjv were the reads I found most questionable.

I would love to see ofrhz answer this actually :]
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Ausuka »

I'm worried that there seems to be no counterwagon to skitter tbh. And plenty of people seem willing to noncommittally jump on the wagon and blame someone else for it later.

I guess the important thing now is to figure out if my draft logic is correct. I'd appreciate comments from other people because I've never been the best at setup spec really.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Ausuka »

We can agree that vig/pgo slot is scum since nobody claimed it right?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1030, Skygazer wrote:skitter I'm really sorry to hear that, if you ever need someone with relative anonymity that's struggled with depression in the past to talk to PM me
tyty, it's been a rough couple of days but i think things are looking up :)

=====
In post 1031, Enigma wrote:Oka was (still is) just throwing around votes everywhere and just seems generally confused and clueless ... and is easily influenced by the masses, something less likely as scum.
why do you think this is less likely to come from scum?

=====
In post 1033, vulcan logician wrote:@skitter

Not really scum reading anyone atm or I'd say so. Nor am I convinced you are scum or anything. Trust me. If I thought someone was scum, I'd be pushing them... but I'm a little unsure right now.

Like I said before, I think that we need to start wagons to generate information... (basically a re-run of Day 1).... We can afford to do this because we hit scum on D1 which bought us a little time. Plus the scum we hit was a lurker, so we can't glean so much from interactions etc. We can collect this sort of info (interactions, voting etc.) by wagoning ppl today. And I don't mind being one of the wagons. So, if folks think that I'm scum, slap a vote on me!
(aside i'm a she)

♫ if you stand for nothing, burr, what will you fall for ♫

you've been doing this for a while: you have no notable scumreads and are just joining wagons as they form; like it's almost like whenever you post and a new wagon started you decide to join it. i don't think you actually have any sort of conviction wrt any of the votes you've made; i feel like you're joining the wagon cuz it's there

there's flipped scum and i def think it's possible to read into how the wagon formed and what he did; idk why you're brushing that off by saying we can't glean much from his flip; that's like a super useful source of info

like you're having wagons for the sake of having wagons but i don't really feel like you're using ur vote as a tool to like ... lynch scum

======
In post 1034, AP wrote:But what if Ausuka did land Vig/PGO and is now gambitting? That would be a very good way to keep the PRs away AND doe her to survive unsuspected for a couple more days.
this is like a thing i can see *you* doing but i don't really think that's ausuka's type

like you've played with her before i'm pretty sure; do you really think this is a thing that she'd do as scum?

=======
In post 1051, ofrhz wrote:i'm townreading skitter, and the case against her seems weak. in general, i don't like the logic of
"there is scum on the enigma wagon" --> "let's look for scum on the enigma wagon,"
which seems to be the bulk of the case against her.
i think the bolded is a very good thought process and the case against me is more that assuming that ausuka is telling the truth there's a pool of people that very likely contains scum!pgo/vig and i'm in that pool
In post 1051, ofrhz wrote:ap makes the most sense here, but i also think he is unlikely to confuse his scumpartner with someone else, unless he was faking that part.
yeah so this is the main reason why i'm thinking he's not scum, because he's pretty game-aware and/or self-aware and ... i have trouble seeing him do this to a partner or scum

the thing is that i don't really have a reason to townread him otherwise from this; he's just kinda around and talking about setup stuff but besides for like his oka push early game he hasn't really pushed anywhere this game; like i don't really see him trying to find scum or like ... do anything

====
In post 1056, the worst wrote:
Music replaces BuJaber
hello!!!

=====

i kinda doubt that scum in the number 2 spot go for neighborizer tbh

=====
In post 1080, AP wrote:
ap who's scum?

r u townreading vulcan?

=====

aside i vaguely remember sando asking about bujaber's rep out; i've only played with him the once, in the second-to-last iteration of jungle republic; he was mafia who was getting pressured by a wolf over a long-ish period of time and got fed up with it and ultimately repped out because he didn't want to keep explaining himself over and over again (and then AP repped in and i death-tunneled him :] )

i have to go back and check bujaber's rep out again both here and there to see how they compare, but in a general sense i've seen him do something similar to this as scum.

=====
In post 1082, vulcan logician wrote:I mean, you could hop on my wagon... I got folks accusing me a creepily lurking--even though, in my own defense, I'd point out that I've been active this day cycle. Regardless, my wagon is a viable option at this point with all the sus pointed in my direction. Hop on if you think I'm scummy.
why are you encouraging people to vote you?

i don't really understand what you're trying to do tbh; yes more wagons are nice but like i don't think we're in the stage of the game where we ought to be prioritizing wagons for the sake of wagons; there's enough information out there already to like ... find scum and vote them

=====
In post 1084, Ausuka wrote:sorry to hear that skitter

scum are likely to own vig/PGO slot anyway so whether you would select it as town doesn't really matter here, it's about if you'd select it as scum.

Oka feels towny independent of the draft. Vulcan read for me is just based on the draft. Invis was a goon. Did he go for RB? If yes: it makes sense he's top scum in the draft. If not: why would Vulcan above him take 1shot vig over RB? It only makes sense if Okapoka is the scum RB, but then it should be better to lynch Oka instead. Oka is also notscumvig via draft in that as top scum there doesn't seem to be much reason to take 1s vig? The vig has to choose between killing ML bait or getting PoEd so it's not very strong. I don't think it makes sense to choose PGO.

You went through the invis votes and singled out Cardi and ofrhz iirc?
tyty :)

i went through all the votes on the wagon, not just cardi and ofrhz in that post

i'm not entirely following ur logic i think, especially since we don't actually know what vizzy went for; i think ur starting from the assumption that he went for rb and failed, which idk if is actually a safe assumption - he could have gone for like jk or something; at this stage it's kinda hard for us to tell; like i think jk is also a fairly reasonable pick for scum to try for

i think at this point it's reasonable to assume that the pgo/vig is scum given that nobody's claimed it, so scum has: a) vizzy who failed to get his pick, and b) scum!vig/pgo in that group of 5 people

if vizzy was top-pick in the draft, he prob goes for rb or jk imo.

another thing to think about is that if he was contiguous in the draft with a partner (ie two scum in a row in the draft), the top scum might not have tried for the power scum pr role (as top scum would do in a situation where they are not contiguous) - they have a second pick just after. like here they basically have two tries to get those good roles in a row, so *between the two of them* they have two tries basically at the same time so either/or of the two could have tried to get it, not just top scum

like ur clearing vulcan based on: if vizzy didn't pick rb it doesn't make sense that vulcan went for pgo/vig in that specific scenario when we don't know what vizzy picked; like if scum is {vizzy/vulcan} it's possible that vulcan went for pgo/vig and vizzy went for jk or something

i'm having trouble explaining this well; lmk if i didn't get that across well and i'll explain again

also this pgo/vig thing means that we have two scum who went for the high-number strategy, which is interesting

(yeah i think it's reasonable to assume pgo/vig is scum given that nobody claimed it)
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Cardi B »

In post 851, ofrhz wrote:i think invis flipping goon makes sky, vl, and oka slightly more likely to be town
Yea I think thas kinda reasonable.
In post 857, Skygazer wrote:if a town vig shot ruru i will 100% judge them but like only using really silly insults
This shoundsh like town 2 me
In post 884, Skygazer wrote:How exactly does a town PGO/vig say I'm scum if I'm not vanilla?
In post 886, Skygazer wrote:Okay probs a good idea to stop the role spec for now
These two post rilly feel like town slot 2 worried abou they pick bein outed. Even tho cardi personally think neighborizer kinda ..... aint that shpecial u know what im sayin...

Awso in general skygazer ain't seem like someone that gets slot 2 as scums and think "Yaaahhh bish lemme pocket mofuggas gimme that neighbo". If she scum here I really dont get the feel like she tryna make enngame U know what Im sayin ,she wasnt on vizzy fo example. The closes thing she done in thread to pocketing is congradulate me on my babe. Not 2 mention neighbo is way a town pick anyway.

up nex is ofrghsz. I don wanna be dismissive or wheva but at the same times I come from the position where its really off the mark. I still reckn the case come from town tho. Stay Tune !!!
In post 889, ofrhz wrote:how about we just do some good ol fashioned scumhunting without the setup spec
In post 250, brassherald wrote:
In post 249, OkaPoka wrote:pretty sure ausuka is in this game more than invis is, brass.
Invisibility is in this game?

VOTE: Invisibility

I'd rather have the pressure vote on someone I forgot was in the game than Ausuka who I at least remembered.
this kind of reads as awkward distancing
U coul call it distancing, u coul also call it a scum vote he took early and kept until I stole his girl? Same difference or naw.
In post 889, ofrhz wrote:
In post 288, brassherald wrote:
In post 287, OkaPoka wrote:id hope that people would talk more when they are mentioned

also i don't see how this has anything to do with scumhunting
I'm scumhunting, I'm just not confident enough in any of my reads to make cases.

Plus, I find its very hard to form a read on someone if they are not participating in the game.

That's just me, though, I might be crazy to want to base my reads on like content.
In post 318, brassherald wrote:I don't like the Enigma wagon, Enigma's ISO has some good questions, and good thoughts. That's a town ISO as far as I can tell.

Vulcan Logician promised more content in and never followed up, I'd like to know why. I know the dude only has 3 posts, but they include him claiming he's a fairly active player. I will allow him more posts before making an actual read, but it makes me uneasy.

Invisibility is scum.

BuJaber, I'm leaning scum on.

I'll find the last scum tomorrow or something, going to the beach now.
first brass has no strong scumreads to explain away his pressure voting inactives, yet 30 posts later he conjures up a confident scumread on invis. where did this newfound confidence come from?
My mans said he wasnt confident enough to make cases... and then din't make a case. I agree wit you that he look pretty confident vizzy was scums there but I mean like.... my dude was right u know. I think they had played in the micro q a bit and I think its prolly a meta read or sommn.

I get annoyed wit people when they axe me this question but I think its fair in this case: why u think he would do that as scum? Like when u see people change they minds or act different fo no reason its tempting and offen accurat to think it's because they scum and they suddenly see some reason itd be conventient to have a different view. Fo example: even tho Im not as confident okapoka is scums as I was yestrday I still think his movement on the invisitibility wagon is what a suspicious scum change looks like, in dat he had a scum motivation to do it which is that more people were votin invisibilty and maybe he wanted to hop on the wagon. With the brassheral thing, he seemed different about invisibility (the same dude! Lmao) with nothin obvious 2 change his mind but if hes scum he got the competence to look at his own posts an ask "does this make sense considerin what I jus said a few hours ago?" whereas as town he can say sommin different because he thoughtta somethin, he feelin different (he mighta been more pissed at that point after he learned cardi was eatin up on his fiancee fo example), or maybe even he just doesnt wanna explain hisself.

I type allthat not as much because Im worried abt u lynchin me but because I think u a member of the town and maybe u can improve. Also if u dont lynch me then well thats good anyway okrrr.
In post 819, Cardi B wrote:
In post 817, OkaPoka wrote:I mean wasting a town investigator on him for a night.

We flip him because he is unreadable
All Im sayins is

0 other votes on invisibility oka be like "this bitch off the table"

3 other votes oka be like "oawww less lynch em"

Looks to me like nothin changed his mind! Skitter skitter talked abt why his content bad... I though she made sense (as usual :D )... okadude didnt even seem to noticed it, you knowwha Im sayin.
In post 828, Cardi B wrote:
In post 824, Skygazer wrote:I don't like how Cardi throws shade at Oka's vote after the hammer but joined the wagon directly after Oka's vote
I didnt like how it interactit with his own reasons, obvissly I didnt think it was a bad vote in general?
cardi then tries to scumread for his "inconsistency" in joining the invis wagon, when i think it was pretty evident oka was mainly on the wagon for pressure (which incidentally, is also the same reason cardi was on the wagon), i.e. oka was NOT on the invis wagon to "less lynch em"

for reference, oka's vote was in
Nuh uh girl. U can see in that very post u quoted my mans okapoka said "we flip invisibility." that aint pressure. If it were pressure he woulda said somethin when I ask him why he wanted to flip vizzy.
In post 57, Invisibility wrote:currently townleaning brassherald and Sando
i could totally see invis doing a "townlean your scumpartner and another townie" here

as another bonus, if we lynch cardi, i don't have to read her posts

VOTE: cardi
This las thing is sommin that feels particulary town 2 me and sorta reflects a towniness of the rest of the post: when u really genuinely tunnelin on someone u really pour over all the lil interactions wit them and a lotta them stick out as scummy. Again I dont wanna be dismissive but I feel like the invis townlean thing isnt that convincing unless u already really feel like someone is scum. Which means I think it comes from town since scum ofrghz.... isnt gonna be convinced that Im scum. Awso in general I do really get the feelin like ofrhz tryna be convincing here and from my read of her as a person I dont think she does that on me as scum in this case.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Cardi B »

oka and sando feels like town vs town. Idk.
In post 908, BuJaber wrote:-Can someone help me understand what ruru's strategy was? I don't get the town fakeclaim. A townie who knows she's lying will counterclaim and ruru likely gets lynched. And scum who know she's lying will NK her. And I think that's what happened. It's the most likely explanation in my mind.
So I feel like I'm missing something obvious or it's a pointless gambit??

-CJ: why did you put invis at L-1?
- AP: why did you hammer?
Discussion was still ongoing, I don't know why you two decided to end the day 3 days before deadline.
This dont really give me a solvy feelin.
In post 918, Sando wrote:
In post 916, vulcan logician wrote:
In post 908, BuJaber wrote:-Can someone help me understand what ruru's strategy was? I don't get the town fakeclaim. A townie who knows she's lying will counterclaim and ruru likely gets lynched. And scum who know she's lying will NK her. And I think that's what happened. It's the most likely explanation in my mind.
So I feel like I'm missing something obvious or it's a pointless gambit??
I don't think I like Ruru's strategy, which (as far as I can see) hinged on her fakeclaim being believed. That is problematic for the reasons you listed. In addition, Ruru selected a very townie role, that was apt to be chosen by those halfway down the draft or lower, thus condemning all of them to vanilla-ness. PGO would have actually been a good pick, or even vig... if anything just to prevent scum from getting the role. To pick a role so useful to a townie who
wasn't
going to be a prime n1 target was a bad move IMO.
Congrats, you have different views of how to play town PRs, well done. Ruru is dead, their alignment is known, let's move on. Contribute to how we can move the gamestate forward rather than speculating about why a town player did a thing...they did, deal with it.
Yea

vulcan thing didn't feel like solving 2 me either.
In post 919, vulcan logician wrote:I don't think we can say that scum wouldn't have hopped on to Invisibility's wagon. As Vizzy's participation was minimal, the best "bang for the Vizzy buck" as it were would have been to jump onto the Invisibility wagon... basically using Invisibility as cannon fodder to dissociate themselves from the scum alignment.

Another possibility is that Enigma is mafia, and it wouldn't have mattered which wagon they jumped on. (I lean town on Enigma, so I think this second option is unlikely, but it's still worth mentioning.)
U can just look at the votes dude. Did any of em feel like hop on to you?
In post 923, vulcan logician wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 889, ofrhz wrote:how about we just do some good ol fashioned scumhunting without the setup spec
In post 250, brassherald wrote:
In post 249, OkaPoka wrote:pretty sure ausuka is in this game more than invis is, brass.
Invisibility is in this game?

VOTE: Invisibility

I'd rather have the pressure vote on someone I forgot was in the game than Ausuka who I at least remembered.
this kind of reads as awkward distancing
In post 288, brassherald wrote:
In post 287, OkaPoka wrote:id hope that people would talk more when they are mentioned

also i don't see how this has anything to do with scumhunting
I'm scumhunting, I'm just not confident enough in any of my reads to make cases.

Plus, I find its very hard to form a read on someone if they are not participating in the game.

That's just me, though, I might be crazy to want to base my reads on like content.
In post 318, brassherald wrote:I don't like the Enigma wagon, Enigma's ISO has some good questions, and good thoughts. That's a town ISO as far as I can tell.

Vulcan Logician promised more content in and never followed up, I'd like to know why. I know the dude only has 3 posts, but they include him claiming he's a fairly active player. I will allow him more posts before making an actual read, but it makes me uneasy.

Invisibility is scum.

BuJaber, I'm leaning scum on.

I'll find the last scum tomorrow or something, going to the beach now.
first brass has no strong scumreads to explain away his pressure voting inactives, yet 30 posts later he conjures up a confident scumread on invis. where did this newfound confidence come from?
In post 786, Cardi B wrote:VOTE: invisibility if theres more to get from this lil dude I wanna see it. Joinin my mans okapoka ArrArrArr.
okay seems like cardi was basically on the invis wagon for pressure, which by itself is fine
In post 819, Cardi B wrote:
In post 817, OkaPoka wrote:I mean wasting a town investigator on him for a night.

We flip him because he is unreadable
All Im sayins is

0 other votes on invisibility oka be like "this bitch off the table"

3 other votes oka be like "oawww less lynch em"

Looks to me like nothin changed his mind! Skitter skitter talked abt why his content bad... I though she made sense (as usual :D )... okadude didnt even seem to noticed it, you knowwha Im sayin.
In post 828, Cardi B wrote:
In post 824, Skygazer wrote:I don't like how Cardi throws shade at Oka's vote after the hammer but joined the wagon directly after Oka's vote
I didnt like how it interactit with his own reasons, obvissly I didnt think it was a bad vote in general?
cardi then tries to scumread for his "inconsistency" in joining the invis wagon, when i think it was pretty evident oka was mainly on the wagon for pressure (which incidentally, is also the same reason cardi was on the wagon), i.e. oka was NOT on the invis wagon to "less lynch em"

for reference, oka's vote was in

as a bonus:
In post 57, Invisibility wrote:currently townleaning brassherald and Sando
i could totally see invis doing a "townlean your scumpartner and another townie" here

as another bonus, if we lynch cardi, i don't have to read her posts

VOTE: cardi

I like the reasoning here, ofrhz. Although you have the chance of being incorrect in your speculation, what you've said certainly is an eyebrow-raiser. I'll hop on the Cardi wagon.

VOTE: Cardi

I wanna hear from Ceej, too. I still have some uncomfortable gut feelings about him.
So like what I was sayin with the ofrhz case, I didnt think it oughtta be that convincing. It feel weird to me to scumread someone base off of enforcin my own perception of somethin but I dont think a lotta other people found that case convincing either. Plus I feel like vulcan would wanna vote based on his own stuff an not someone else raising his eyebrows?
In post 924, BuJaber wrote:Again Sando proves that we come from different planets.

Fuck me for taking the opportunity every game to improve myself and learn from others.

Fuck me for respecting a decision that ruru made consciously and wanting to learn from it.

Fuck me for expressing surprise at someone doing something that never would have occurred to me.

Fuck me for making sure I post when I have something relevant to say even if I want to go off-topic instead of dedicating an entire post to the off-topic thing.

You may have these people fooled but your stubborness doesn't come from being town. You are either just a horrible individual or you're scum. One or the other. This isn't natural townie-offensiveness. You're worn your biased glasses and everything I do looks scummy to me.

Have fun you just ruined my best friend on MS's game for me.

-please replace me TW. I don't have time to play games I don't enjoy.

I hope you're scum I really do. It's better for you as a human and as a player.
Dude
In post 930, vulcan logician wrote:It's gut, ceej, and so I admit my tea leafy assessment of you comes with limitations peculiar to that type of read. I'm not ready to lynch you or anything, and my mind is very open to the possibility of you being town. Don't think to much of my statements regarding you. They don't amount to much.

What are your reads?
In post 967, vulcan logician wrote:I'm doubling down on Cardi out of OMGUS now.
I'm probly gonna vote u today so if u wanna do this u still can.
In post 978, skitter30 wrote:i thought we were going to do hypo-innos today?

=========
Mines is probably on okapoka isnt it.
In post 978, skitter30 wrote:cardi -> kinda meh? in her catchup she quoted ofrhz saying that vizzy's behavior isn't ai and listed him as a maybe townlean a bit later on and then basically votes him as a pressure vote it seems in ('if theres more to get from this lil dude I wanna see it.') i can see this as a bussing vote; i don't really see anywhere that she was scumreading him
Yes it was mostly a pressure vote. I was thinkin he might be town since I thought he would be able to do more talk if he was scum (since I knew he had made endgame in a micro or two.) but I saw people sayin that might not be the case. U were talkin about his votes bein weak so I thought it was an ok lynch vote as well. I think I was thinkin about unvoting around when AP hammered tho.

I also agree whit ur analysis of the votes n stuff.
In post 992, Skygazer wrote:ofrhz I think your case on Cardi was fine I guess (not really convincing but the case wasn't scummy); my brain is just all over the place rn

Oka the point of this is that I know things rn

for reference my answer to my above question would be AP
Yea heres someone saying the case wasnt convincing.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Sando »

So just to be clear, Sky is claiming they've neighboured Ausuka, and from that they've POEd downwards? Sky is saying Aus has a power but not what that power is?

95% that rules out Sky as scum imo, which also says vig/pgo is within scummies or roleblocker, or both. I don't see scumsters that got lynched yesterday risking another death N1 shooting at a claimed PGO unless they somehow knew it was safe.

I generally TR Ausuka, but I don't really see how this claim stuff impacts their alignment either way in isolation.

If you're townie and know you got RBd last night somehow, then you know vig/pgo is in the scummies imo.

Oka and Vulcan now have a pretty good idea of what Invisibility tried to pick (more what he can't have tried to pick), that will also start telling us what other scummies tried to pick. As much as scum might WIFOM by picking the same number, I see no reason for them to ever double-up a power pick.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Ausuka picked vig/pgo and rolled vanilla so we know that a vig/pgo has to be above her in the draft and that a vig/pgo is likely scum due to the ruru kill
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1095, Skygazer wrote:Ausuka picked vig/pgo and rolled vanilla so we know that a vig/pgo has to be above her in the draft and that a vig/pgo is likely scum due to the ruru kill
Oh cheers, missed that in my scans.

So we can say our list for one scum must be: Oka/Vulkan/AP/Skitter/Aus, and we're taking Ausuka out of that list for general towniness?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1095, Skygazer wrote:Ausuka picked vig/pgo and rolled vanilla so we know that a vig/pgo has to be above her in the draft and that a vig/pgo is likely scum due to the ruru kill
I don't think Oka is vig/pgo, my understanding of his playstyle is he'd tunnel the fuck out of ruru for the fakeclaim and shoot him overnight.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1097, Sando wrote:
I don't think Oka is vig/pgo, my understanding of his playstyle is he'd tunnel the fuck out of ruru for the fakeclaim and shoot him overnight.
Wait, that only makes sense if Oka is town, scum Oka could just shut up, that's silly from me. Oka isn't town-vig, which is pretty damn obvious :roll:
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 1091, skitter30 wrote:In post 1031, Enigma wrote:
Oka was (still is) just throwing around votes everywhere and just seems generally confused and clueless ... and is easily influenced by the masses, something less likely as scum.

why do you think this is less likely to come from scum?
Scum I would expect to have a strategy/goal and some idea of what is happening. Oka is just running around in every direction without a proper strategy or clue, and I really doubt (sorry) Oka could pull of such an elaborate scheme based on his current play style.

---

I'm happy to consider Ausuka and Sky out of the scum pool for now, based on their responses, thought chains and interactions so far.

Out of the remaining potential scum pool if we go by draft, this is where I think (based on gut and quick skim reading):
[likely scum] vulcan > AP >> Skitter >> Oka [likely town]
VOTE: vulcan

Bit time constrained to break down and analyse + write all of his interactions for the moment, but happy to put my vote here and as he said, get a counter wagon going to skitter :lol:

Return to “Completed Open Games”