Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5350 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5346, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 5341, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5339, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5302, Frozen Angel wrote:stungun0404 I think Katsuki is purposefully active lurking and if I wanted to push someone for low content I would go after them before anyone else. I'm still not sure if it's the right approach.

@the worst explain how you think and why you make your votes. I want to know the reasons behind your branching

@everyone I need a list of 5 townreads from each one of you.
You
Sakura
Math
Muffin
Creature
Me Drixx Sakura Nancy and one of FA/Shiro not both
what does it mean not both? you think if one of me/shiro is town the other is scum?
It means there is something fishy going on and I would only want one of you there for hunting reasons. Or I scrap you both all together and see the reactions and get reads off of that.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5351 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 5347, Frozen Angel wrote:Using power negation would risk outing a scum as limited players would have access to that ability. hence why b is a legit scenario
How does it get outed if it's on Ank? Only way I see is another medium tonight to see if Ank used BP and inferring. Probably another reason Shiro is a bad leader/hero pick, dead-man-walking over here as town, medium solves a lot of problems.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5352 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

yeah those added possinbilities makes no sense

the fact it created chaos is not negotiable. its why they chose ank not why ank died over me. Me dieing over ank poroably would create more chaos cause of power negation being avilable and the fact there was more chance for me going protective.

It was not a null kill. how is ank being dead is a null kill?

Let me translate that 6th option to something that makes a little more sense. "I was scum and I got power negation and killed ank who would not become the leader over me regardless cuase I could do it?" Ank had a solid townread on me. the way I distributed the votes yesterday had me on lead with 2 extra votes (I assigned 11 votes to me and 9 to ank) and I did it cause I was the universal tr and players "all" wanted me as leader beside sando who was theorizing the possibility of redirecting something out of dead players.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5353 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5328, Sando wrote:
In post 5315, Frozen Angel wrote:Sando you didn't say why you think I'm wrong about ank?

also talk about my townreads and your townreads as I need it for tonight powers

what do you think about what muffin is saying? I prefer if we could heal slots that actually need that like math and shiro so shiro can medium ank and to see if scum will power negate it or not. I can actually heal one of the two tonight as I'm immortal this night
Wrong about Ank? You mean that they just shot Ank trusting that he was just gonna medium instead of blocking? I'm not saying that's wrong, I'm saying that that's a risk for scum not getting an NK, one they were willing to take apparently. I don't see how it negates the idea that scum would prefer you be leader than Ank though.

I posted a full list a little while ago, general list of townies:
FA, Sakura, Creature, Stun, Math, Shiro, Nancy.

Not sure Shiro is a good pick, medium is super useful atm and giving more powers when they can only use one seems kinda pointlessly dangerous.

Overall I tend to agree with Muffin, the issue is our leader picks dying. I think you're coming to the conclusion that scum don't (yet) have negation, meaning we can get our leaders protection tonight, afaik no-one has claimed BP power yet? That said, keeping negation picks low means
if we get a negation that happens hot damn we got a small (very small with some conf-picks elsewhere) scumpool from N2.

Heal is fine, you get a pick tonight FA and can take heal with impunity and use whatever you want.
Isn’t Negation available tonight as well?, so how does scum using it tonight implicate superhero N2 team but exonerate superhero N3 team?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5354 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 2639, Ankamius wrote:FA/
Toranaga
/myself are all confirmed strongly townreading each other

I'd bet money Mathblade is town

I'm not convinced on Drixx myself until I have an opportunity to speak to him myself

The rest of the people I'm most interested in trying to lock are the green question marks
if this doesn’t throw my reads into disrepair, idk what does.

toranaga is strong town, according to ankamius?

and what’s the current argument for mathblade being town? seeing is believing.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5355 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 5353, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Isn’t Negation available tonight as well?, so how does scum using it tonight implicate superhero N2 team but exonerate superhero N3 team?
Because we're suggesting superhero team N3 be just FA, who was part of N2 superhero team if we wanna be paranoid anyway.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5356 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 2598, Ankamius wrote:
Ankamius
Frozen Angel
MathBlade
Toranaga

Brandi
?

Human Sequencer
?

Nosferatu
?

Sando
?

BBmolla
hebichan
Katsuki
Kokichi Oma
Myloninja13
Nancy Drew 39
Sakura Hana

Drixx
?

Gamma Emerald
?

Shiro
?

the worst
?

Titus
?

zMuffinMan
?
this is the last readslist ankamius put out.

if there’s anyone in that scum section i want to look out for personally, it’s the worst.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #5357 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 5351, Sando wrote:
In post 5347, Frozen Angel wrote:Using power negation would risk outing a scum as limited players would have access to that ability. hence why b is a legit scenario
How does it get outed if it's on Ank? Only way I see is another medium tonight to see if Ank used BP and inferring. Probably another reason Shiro is a bad leader/hero pick, dead-man-walking over here as town, medium solves a lot of problems.
there are 3 players alive from n1. one outed with medium the other two did not speak of their powers yet so there is the possibility of a third medium that is silent yet. also using power negation on me would litteraly out the ability cause anyone who knows me even 2% would knew that I used at least one protective ability on the only night I was vulnrable in. if they had power negation they would probably go after ank so it would be kept silence. if they didn't have power negation ank would be a good kill cause titus could simply not include ank and she was second in command/line of leadership and softed an ability use that was not bp

I still think that the optimal play for scum would be using power negation but that means nancy did it or titus didn't give ank any power and a misterious person did it. Back to squere one its a locked room murder mystery and we don't have enough details to solve this yet.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5358 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5352, Frozen Angel wrote:yeah those added possinbilities makes no sense

the fact it created chaos is not negotiable. its why they chose ank not why ank died over me. Me dieing over ank poroably would create more chaos cause of power negation being avilable and the fact there was more chance for me going protective.

It was not a null kill. how is ank being dead is a null kill?

Let me translate that 6th option to something that makes a little more sense. "I was scum and I got power negation and killed ank who would not become the leader over me regardless cuase I could do it?" Ank had a solid townread on me. the way I distributed the votes yesterday had me on lead with 2 extra votes (I assigned 11 votes to me and 9 to ank) and I did it cause I was the universal tr and players "all" wanted me as leader beside sando who was theorizing the possibility of redirecting something out of dead players.
When I am in a bad position as scum I go for the hallelujah kill.
Meaning I don’t do it based on reads or what not
I do it based on the sheer volume of chaos.
That is what a chaos kill is.

Mainly if I assume you’re telling the truth I find a chaos kill being more likely.
The sixth option of a null kill is more scum are okay but not great with how things are. In this option they didn’t want to contribute to the narrative but yet didn’t go full out destroy hence Ank. This would mean town are going at each other’s throats

Discussing the last is not productive sooo gonna skip that.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5359 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5353, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5328, Sando wrote:
In post 5315, Frozen Angel wrote:Sando you didn't say why you think I'm wrong about ank?

also talk about my townreads and your townreads as I need it for tonight powers

what do you think about what muffin is saying? I prefer if we could heal slots that actually need that like math and shiro so shiro can medium ank and to see if scum will power negate it or not. I can actually heal one of the two tonight as I'm immortal this night
Wrong about Ank? You mean that they just shot Ank trusting that he was just gonna medium instead of blocking? I'm not saying that's wrong, I'm saying that that's a risk for scum not getting an NK, one they were willing to take apparently. I don't see how it negates the idea that scum would prefer you be leader than Ank though.

I posted a full list a little while ago, general list of townies:
FA, Sakura, Creature, Stun, Math, Shiro, Nancy.

Not sure Shiro is a good pick, medium is super useful atm and giving more powers when they can only use one seems kinda pointlessly dangerous.

Overall I tend to agree with Muffin, the issue is our leader picks dying. I think you're coming to the conclusion that scum don't (yet) have negation, meaning we can get our leaders protection tonight, afaik no-one has claimed BP power yet? That said, keeping negation picks low means
if we get a negation that happens hot damn we got a small (very small with some conf-picks elsewhere) scumpool from N2.

Heal is fine, you get a pick tonight FA and can take heal with impunity and use whatever you want.
Isn’t Negation available tonight as well?, so how does scum using it tonight implicate superhero N2 team but exonerate superhero N3 team?
In post 5075, The Dream Weaver wrote:
Votecount 3.10
Leader: Frozen Angel

Sando (7):
Nosferatu, Creature, Kokichi Oma, Toogeloo, Titus, Sakura Hana, the worst

Titus (4):
hebichan, Katsuki, MathBlade, stungun0404

Katsuki (1):
Shiro
the worst (1):
Sando

Creature (0):

Drixx (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

hebichan (0):

Kokichi Oma (0):

MathBlade(0):

Nancy Drew 39 (0):

Nosferatu (0):

Sakura Hana (0):

Shiro (0):

stungun0404 (0):

the worst (0):

Toogeloo (0):

Toranaga (0):

zMuffinMan (0):

Not Voting (6):
Drixx, Frozen Angel, Gamma Emerald, Nancy Drew 39, Toranaga, zMuffinMan

With
players, it takes
to lynch.
The day ends in (expired on 2018-08-02 21:00:00).

Abilities Available for Acquisition

**Healing Touch:
Target another player. If that player has not been killed, any debilitating or harmful effects are removed.
Impenetrable Skin:
You are protected from one killing action until the next Night Phase.
Petrification:
Target another player. That player loses their ability to post, vote, and submit actions and no longer counts for parity.
Power Echo:
Target another player. Any targeting Superpowers this player uses this Night Phase will be used on another player of your choice in addition to their original target.
Power Negation:
Target another player. That player can neither use Superpowers nor be targeted by them until the next Night Phase.
*Shapeshifting:
Target another player. Any actions you take this Night Phase will appear as though that player performed them instead.

*May be used to modify any Superpowers a player may have. Does not count against the number of Superpowers a player may use each Night Phase.
**May be used during the Day but still counts against the following Night's Superpower usage. If used during the Day, resolves immediately. If used during the Night, resolves normally.
Yep thought so. Your theory of Power Negate being used tonight doesn’t implicate superhero team N2 or clear superhero team N3. I seriously don’t understand why you keep persisting with this narrative? It could only be validated if Power Negation wasn’t available N3, so your theory is logically incorrect.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #5360 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

the worst ?
Titus ?
Gamma Emerald ?
zMuffinMan ?

these 4 reads stuck out to me in that scum section. and if at least 2/4 of it is true then ank had perfect reads and died because SPK (strong player killing)

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5361 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 5357, Frozen Angel wrote:if they didn't have power negation ank would be a good kill cause titus could simply not include ank and she was second in command/line of leadership and softed an ability use that was not bp
Yes, true, if Titus is scum the requirement of negation to explain Ank kill goes way way down.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5362 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5355, Sando wrote:
In post 5353, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Isn’t Negation available tonight as well?, so how does scum using it tonight implicate superhero N2 team but exonerate superhero N3 team?
Because we're suggesting superhero team N3 be just FA, who was part of N2 superhero team if we wanna be paranoid anyway.
And again as mentioned that idea is stupid.

Not only if FA is scum (yes unlikely but possible) she gives powers to all her buddies in that case
But if FA is town and does this then there is 1) healer

Thirdly those powers are NOT alignment indicative. It matters why someone takes them. I have been half tempted to take a few powers that are undoubtedly scum looking and just claiming before I take them.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5363 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Since FA and Stun seem to have stopped discussing stun's muffin read I wanna inform stun that what muffin did in his first post is null, he does it every game.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5364 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

The ONLY was I would consider a no power selection as townie is if it’s from an IC.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5365 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5363, Sakura Hana wrote:Since FA and Stun seem to have stopped discussing stun's muffin read I wanna inform stun that what muffin did in his first post is null, he does it every game.
Correction: He does it every game he's with Katsuki.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5366 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

dammit....

together with ank’s read, maybe i need to reconsider muffin

if katsuki’s scum, what are the odds muffin is scum too?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5367 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 5362, MathBlade wrote:And again as mentioned that idea is stupid.
And again, that doesn't change the context of my comments.

FA - Hey Sando what do you think about not having a superhero team?
Sando - Well it makes negation pretty damn easy to track
Nancy - zomg Sando you're an idiot, it's a choice N3
Sando - Ahhh we're talking about if we don't take a superhero team N3
Math - Zomg that's a fucking stupid idea Sando, why would you say that to Nancy?!

Like...urgh...how the fuck does the idea being good or bad change my comments to Nancy?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5368 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5345, Sando wrote:
In post 5332, Frozen Angel wrote:Why do you think me being leader was beneficial to scum. My day 1 list is proved 2/5 town already and the other 3 don't look bad at all imo. You have 2 of those in your townread list and one is just lurking hard cause he was devastated in last mafia game he played cause it lasted for 12 days and it was a nightmare of 131 players.
I'm not saying "beneficial to scum" in isolation, I'm saying you being leader was sufficiently better for scum than Ank to make them want to kill Ank. You and Ank were both good kill targets, both would have 2 powers, both were leadership prospects etc. But Shiro was also a double-hero, why not Shiro instead of Ank?

Before you dismiss my theory, the key question is that, why Ank instead of another hero?
In post 5332, Frozen Angel wrote:a- they didn't have power negation
b- they didn't want to use it
c- they thought ank might be using another ability not bp or the phasing so she would be a safe kill
d- they just wanted her dead more than me cause she had a great read on someone somewhere and I'm just useless in comparision.
Given the properties of negation, don't see any reason not to (b) if you have it on your target, what other power is worth risking getting redirected etc?

A and C go together, but yes, possible. Still though, why shoot Ank at all instead of a third option?

D is possible yes.
Your theory is based on a hypothetical.
IF
they have it. We don’t know if that’s the case. Unless someone would have used either Power Mimicry on the player who hypothetically chose it or if Enhanced Hearing was used on Ank. Since Power Negation is also available N3, it cannot be proven that superhero team 2 chose it but superhero team 3, did not.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5369 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 5368, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:or if Enhanced Hearing was used on Ank.
That doesnt work either, Power negation also prevents superpowers from hitting the target.
Although I wonder if Enhanced Hearing would get "No Result", that'd be telling.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #5370 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I did not suggest the no team idea it was muffins idea

I was just intrested in sandos opinion on that.

At the end of this day it's my choice who i will pick in the team and if I do it at all so don't talk like you own me or my decisions or anything. I'm at very least confirmed town to myself and if you're going to ignore everything that makes the theory of me being scum absurd to just argue she is not an ic then I have nothing to say in response.

What is more optimal for town? choosing less players? choosing no players? or choosing a full party? I'm actually leaning on first option here cause it means I can only give that to trustable people for later days. I also want more heal in game as I beleive it might be an effect against some future kills and stuff too. forexample will that heal effect stop power negation as it's said it will remove all negative abilities beside kill? I'm not sure what that ability does

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5371 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 5368, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:it cannot be proven that superhero team 2 chose it but superhero team 3, did not.
Seriously? This is what I have to deal with?
In post 5355, Sando wrote:
In really, really simple terms:
In the
context of us not picking a superhero team
to get powers N3, negation power becomes a pretty damn small pool of players.
context of us not picking a superhero team
context
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5372 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 5370, Frozen Angel wrote:I did not suggest the no team idea it was muffins idea

I was just intrested in sandos opinion on that.
True, just didn't think it added to my narrative to add that in, broke my flow :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5373 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5360, Frozen Angel wrote:the worst ?
Titus ?
Gamma Emerald ?
zMuffinMan ?

these 4 reads stuck out to me in that scum section. and if at least 2/4 of it is true then ank had perfect reads and died because SPK (strong player killing)
Why do you think Muffin is scum?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #5374 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I just think it's a slot I must spend more time checking it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”