Newbie 1882 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:32 am

Post by teacher »

In post 573, Eragon wrote:Also. I think you misunderstood my question.

Is a mafia told if they are RB’d BEFORE they submit night actions?

I’m asking this becuase, if yes, then mafia probably hit the docotor(guessing here) and if no, mafia may have been caught by tracker, which means that the other mafia is probably a weaker townread than skygazer, which is kinda odd. This is a lot
Of tinfoil, but I still want to know he answer yes/no
The straight answer is no. But your post is v weird.

I don’t know why you think Mafia hit the doctor if they knew they were RBed. FYI doc can’t save themselves.
I don’t know why you think tracker caught someone and is staying silent.

I don’t get it. But I’m not sure it matters at all.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:13 am

Post by Eragon »

Hit doc= who the doc was targeting

Meant jailkeepr sorry.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:28 am

Post by Completly Trustworthy »

Given that the only good target to track was UglyDuck and there has been no claim that he's lying, I would assume we are not in a tracker-doctor setup. At this point, even with my belief that the lack of a counterpush is odd, there is a two/thirds chance that Sky is definitively scum(setups c2 and b2.) There simply isn't a way to justify another lynch.
As for Eragon, I slightly townread him because his entrance was full of unique opinions and commentary on posts that had not been covered yet. Not sheeping is always a good start. However, I think a lot of his points are based on flimsy reasoning, like the argument that I was helping my scum buddy through asking whether jailkeeper is a good fakeclaim. I believe that he's reading too much into minor things and making arguments based on his interpretation of the intent behind posts. I'm not saying he's scummy because of that, only that his process is a little flawed. Its far too easy to make points against someone if you consider reasons why they would make their posts as scum. There are town-motivated reasons for asking questions and scum ones as well, its best to consider both sides.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:02 am

Post by teacher »

Bueller?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:47 am

I hope that UglyDuck and HeWhoSwims answer the questions I gave them in , that might get people talking again. We need to get as much out of this day 2 as possible. In addition, I would like Eragon to give their opinion of Sky, they are the only player that Eragon has yet to talk about.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 579, Completly Trustworthy wrote:I hope that UglyDuck and HeWhoSwims answer the questions I gave them in , that might get people talking again. We need to get as much out of this day 2 as possible. In addition, I would like Eragon to give their opinion of Sky, they are the only player that Eragon has yet to talk about.

Good bump, totally forgot about this.

Q1) UglyDuck, what is opinion of Teacher? You alluded to having some suspicion in 235, but never explained why. Did he do something weird you picked up on?
A1) OK so first off, the opinion has changed slightly since the time you asked the question (sorry for the delay). At the time (when I said, I had {reasons} that I didn't want to discuss right then), those reasons were:
- His read on Chronic. Not so much how they put them in the skum pool range but more posts like #201 where they create a scenario where lynching a newbier player could be a good idea because of the facts that they will unlikely be NKd if they are Town and unhelpful as the game progresses. Personally, I think that if newbs are skum they are easier to find then practiced players, so this pinged off to me.
- They "did not want to lynch me" and then there way one post by someone (I want to say Sky) and they just were like "good point" and put me at L-1.
- #218. Reads parse fine enough, but anyone "lining up" reasons to be able to vote other people based off of Day 1 info is skummy to me.
- #225 is just inaccurate. I have the weakest of the town roles - trying to get a CC out is just asking for roles that can out Skum to make themselves known.
--- I would like to mention that since then, mainly based on interactions with Sky, that they are pretty null to me at this current point. If Sky flips Town, Teacher is probably my favorite choice. If Sky flips Skum, they are my favorite TR.---

Q2) UglyDuck, can you give your take on HeWhoSwims and Papa Zito?
A2) HWS's is town on my block. Especially if Sky flips skum.
Zito is an outfielder for me. I see no reason to lynch there without more info (flips, ect.) so I am kind of writing them off for now.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

Also - just because I haven't said it - I have no problem voting for Sky. I am simply not doing it because I do not want to give them the chance to self hammer.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

also also - someone else should unvote so they are not at L-2 for the same reasons.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Skygazer »

What about me flipping town makes teacher a weaker townread or vice versa?
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 577, Completly Trustworthy wrote:Given that the only good target to track was UglyDuck and there has been no claim that he's lying, I would assume we are not in a tracker-doctor setup. At this point, even with my belief that the lack of a counterpush is odd, there is a two/thirds chance that Sky is definitively scum(setups c2 and b2.) There simply isn't a way to justify another lynch.
As for Eragon, I slightly townread him because his entrance was full of unique opinions and commentary on posts that had not been covered yet. Not sheeping is always a good start. However, I think a lot of his points are based on flimsy reasoning, like the argument that I was helping my scum buddy through asking whether jailkeeper is a good fakeclaim. I believe that he's reading too much into minor things and making arguments based on his interpretation of the intent behind posts. I'm not saying he's scummy because of that, only that his process is a little flawed. Its far too easy to make points against someone if you consider reasons why they would make their posts as scum. There are town-motivated reasons for asking questions and scum ones as well, its best to consider both sides.
my points very well could be flawed reasoning. Im not perfect or infallible, but I have opinions. Thats the reason for having other members of the town around. to point out where you go wrong and you pull a stupid.

the problem I see with the bottom sentence is that that leads to general wish-washiness and fencesitting.
"this is scummy for blah, blah, blah"
but oh
"its also towny for blah, blah, blah"
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 579, Completly Trustworthy wrote:I hope that UglyDuck and HeWhoSwims answer the questions I gave them in , that might get people talking again. We need to get as much out of this day 2 as possible. In addition, I would like Eragon to give their opinion of Sky,
they are the only player that Eragon has yet to talk about.
im not entirely sure if this was necessary to add, especially because I had explained that I wasn't fully caught up.
I dont think I had seen sky gazer post.
also I haven't talked about HeWhoSwims or some other new replacements, so why sky in particular/

I will do it, but just wondering
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Eragon »

and I just realized I pulled a bad and I did see sky gazer post.

but it was when I started slacking on the catchup for a bit and didnt write down their posts.

ill ISO them soon
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by brassherald »

Votecount 2.05

Skygazer (3) -
, ,

Not Voting (5) -
UglyDuck, Chardev, Skygazer, Papa Zito, HeWhoSwims

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Day 2 ends in (expired on 2018-08-06 20:00:00).

Papa Zito is being prodded.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Oh, sorry CT.

If I have to divide into tiers itd be like

[Teach, Duck]
[CT]
[Chardev, (Zito)]
[(Zito), Reck]
[Sky]

I'd say I need to re assess Zito and Chardev as those are the most wobbly so to say. Don't see a lot of explicit pro town there but nothing
that
incriminating either.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by teacher »

I’m all kind of conflicted, way more than I normally am. I apologize for the lifetime movie conclusion of this post, but I need somebody’s help.

Several things along the way (as noted in my intro and random posts throughout) have pinged me about Lando. But I also grok - and respect - what both Zito and Lefty said about him. Ordinarily, I do not allow other people’s reads to change my own (instead I use them to adjust my confidence levels, rather than the read itself), but here I have let it change Lando into a town lean.

Similarly, I found duck scummy D1 and a bit today, but he is my strongest townread by pure mechanics.

My scumreads are sky and Reck. But I’ve made posts calling both town today. I think it’s because, as with Duck, my case on them is mechanical rather than motivational.

Bottom line my head is in one place but my heart another. I’ve not had that happen before in a mafia game. I am going to be voting sky absent a bombshell in the next 24 he’s, but if anybody has thoughts on how to deal with my conflict better I’m all ears.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by teacher »

Really don’t like that HWS didn’t realize Chardev is gone as a comment on his engagement, but not sure if there’s anything alignment indicative in there rather than wifom.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 580, UglyDuck wrote:- #225 is just inaccurate. I have the weakest of the town roles - trying to get a CC out is just asking for roles that can out Skum to make themselves known.
First, please link posts when discussing them. Second, is absolutely accurate. I doubled down on it in in screaming red text. 242 is the post that you yourself had said made you change your mind about me. So I don’t get how you think the same point made earlier is scummy pr hunting, but is at least semi-towny when made later. I swear to god if you weren’t mechanically town I’d lynch you as this really seems like motivated contradictory shade. But I don’t think it can be. My scumdar is broken.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 582, UglyDuck wrote:also also - someone else should unvote so they are not at L-2 for the same reasons.
it would be bad to allow scum to double tap town why??????
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 577, Completly Trustworthy wrote:I believe that he's reading too much into minor things and making arguments based on his interpretation of the intent behind posts.
Since this is fundamentally my approach, and I’ve been open about it, I don’t get how I am (or was) a townread for you.

Also, outside of alignment issues, this is a bit prescriptivist. There a 100 different ways to play. Some people think meta is garbage; some swear by it. Some look for contradictions; others don’t believe in scumslips and so trust their internal genuineness thermometer. To each their own, and neither is flimsy or scummy.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 590, teacher wrote:Really don’t like that HWS didn’t realize Chardev is gone as a comment on his engagement, but not sure if there’s anything alignment indicative in there rather than wifom.
I am caught up don't worry. I read multiple times throughout the day but just don't post until I have time/space/computer. I've just read more of Chardev than of Eragon.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:35 am

This silence is weird, everyone had a lot to say earlier, but now nobody is posting. Perhaps the players don't want to reveal information or they feel there's nothing left to talk about, but I still can't shake the feeling that perhaps the scumteam is happy about this day's outcome. Anyways, Eragon, can you give your thoughts about Sky? You said you would do that. Also, my reason for questioning you about Sky was because I thought it was weird you had nothing to say concerning the most promising lynch. I figured you would have at least some read on her, that was why it seemed odd when you had so much to talk about concerning me, Papa Zito, and Teacher, but not her. Why did you not review her ISO initially?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Welcome to the game Eragon.

@Lando It's because we've settled on a lynch for today and we're really just interested in the flip.

To that end, VOTE: Skygazer

Regarding a question you asked earlier that I forgot to answer - Beyond Skygazer, Reck is my top scumread at this time. His lack of engagement is extremely concerning and he's deflected me twice now when I've tried talking to him. I also have 2 strong townreads and then mixed feelings about everyone else. I'm not terribly comfortable with the gamestate right now (and yes I acknowledge that's partially my fault) so I'm hoping Skygazer flips red to give me something solid to work with.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Eragon »

1. I grew lazy last night and didn’t do anything #noregret
2. Like I said I wasn’t caught up or paying too much attention past page 11/12
3. I haven’t ISO’d anyone

I was catching up through the thread
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Eragon »

Was that hammer?

If that was hammer give me an hour, then I’ll be back to actually read the ISO(no lazy boi this time) and maybe give intent
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 am

Post by teacher »

Not hammer. l-1 I believe.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”