Post by MathBlade »

In post 7849, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7846, Theta Alpine wrote:
In post 7839, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7837, the worst wrote:
In post 7833, Theta Alpine wrote:prod received
also huh
i volunteer for self destruct tomorrow
i would much rather do that then let myself get mislynched on a day closer to mylo
HEY NO YOU I volunteered first
What if we gave the suicide power to imho obvTown in the lynch pool and they exploded on you.

Are you both still willing then?
from what i have read i am one of those slots that was fairly townread but is in the pool still for some reason
though i will note that i would suggest against your plan for the simple reason that it involves obvtown people dying which i would think is a poor choice
It's not my plan. It's what you and worst suggested but the smart way. As mentioned earlier I'm sketched out by the suggestion in general.
This way we minimize the risk of scum giving powers. I wouldn't (and I don't think Sakura would) give a widely scumread player a power to then potentially blow up on a universal townread that has SS and BP. Sando I think is town and right now we can afford 1-1 trades especially if both are in our lynch pool.

That is the only way I see self destruction ever being a thing. Anything else I would regard as a scum claim without a damn good explanation.

Like I'm thinking if we do this, Sando blows up the worst so he gets the worst lynch he's been wanting.
edited to fix parenthesis replacement
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7851 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Hey toog game isnt going as fast as it was yesterday, you have no excuse to be self voting and not game solving if you're town at this point.
Another note: Im pretty sure this is town hebi, scum hebi would've gone out the first exit that she finds methinks, specially with her reaction to being scumread, I just wish she did more contribution tho.

It also feels like whoever's town in here is relying on the townbloc to solve the game for them, Nero is a nice fresh breath of air in the thread considering Katsuki's lack of actual contributions, Sando's also very town, Stungun vs Titus isnt SvS, as I explained yesterday, even without the townbloc getting BP, looks like scum are just gonna get PoE'd out at this rate.

Btw Nero, since u were in street fighter mafia, i'd like you ask for your opinion on these:
In post 6870, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 6869, Titus wrote:Sakura, you literally just posted Creature is lockscum but mislynching me is better because info. Like there are going to be vigs. I will die or keep catching scum. You act as if I have no value to town in your calculus as well.
If i didnt think there was a high chance of you being scum i would rather lynch creature yes.
Although i didnt mention it like that to me is like choosing between a mafia goon and mafia PR lynch.
In post 6873, Titus wrote:
In post 6869, Titus wrote:Sakura, you literally just posted Creature is lockscum but mislynching me is better because info. Like there are going to be vigs. I will die or keep catching scum. You act as if I have no value to town in your calculus as well.
If i didnt think there was a high chance of you being scum i would rather lynch creature yes.
Although i didnt mention it like that to me is like choosing between a mafia goon and mafia PR lynch.
Do you think I am bussing here?
In post 6876, Sakura Hana wrote:
Let's be real, what scum wouldnt bus creature.
In post 6880, Titus wrote:
In post 6876, Sakura Hana wrote:
Let's be real, what scum wouldnt bus creature.
I'd argue self-meta but this is a catch 22. Basically, I do well and the argument shifts to bussing. I do poorly and it's because I am scum and not flawed town. The arguments are made preflip. Every post, people avoid common sense.

I made a theory, followed it through to a scum lynch. Played protown with the power I had rather than saying fuck you you spammers and trying to win by myself. At what point is this feeling just drama repeating itself because players like Math have a vendetta against me and want to play hero?
Kind of reminds me of Titus bus on Varsoon when she was dying.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7852 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 7847, the worst wrote:Theta's sign makes me think he needs to go asap
*she
and yeah
my own thought process is i am going to die anyways so might as well give town an extra kill in the process
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7853 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Sakura my thoughts exactly regarding the whoever's town paragraph.

I'll reevaluate hebi based on what you said up there. That is a good point.

What do you make of worst and theta wanting to take suicide bomber (especially Theta wanting but not wanting to be on the victim side)? Mainly I'd rather discuss it now while people aren't ending the day and things are kinda slow. I know my gut is saying not to do the plan but mainly I want to see what reads wise shakes out of the suggestion.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7854 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 7852, Theta Alpine wrote:
*she
and yeah
my own thought process is i am going to die anyways so might as well give town an extra kill in the process
you are not one of our main choices, though. you are towards the bottom of pushes i make from the 9 PoE pool, along with nosferatu at this moment in time. i do not favor lynching either of you today or tomorrow i believe is where i stand right now.

the main poe pool for me atm is: gamma emerald, hebichan, creature, nero cain, toogeloo, the worst, kokichi
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7855 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by the worst »

*she
and yeah
*FACEPALM!* I knew that from grits SEO too. sorry D:

that's kinda how I feel about my slot as well. there's enough people pussyfooting around certain aspects of the lynchpool that I think quite a few lategame mislynches are being set up here--I feel your slot and mine are in similar boats.

pretty sure Mathblade is just ignoring the suggestion to nuke the lynchpool tho. I'm a bit disappointed he can't be bothered sorting us into probabilities of being town & following instructions but whatever.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7856 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7855, the worst wrote:
*she
and yeah
*FACEPALM!* I knew that from grits SEO too. sorry D:

that's kinda how I feel about my slot as well. there's enough people pussyfooting around certain aspects of the lynchpool that I think quite a few lategame mislynches are being set up here--I feel your slot and mine are in similar boats.

pretty sure Mathblade is just ignoring the suggestion to nuke the lynchpool tho. I'm a bit disappointed he can't be bothered sorting us into probabilities of being town & following instructions but whatever.
I am not ignoring it. I'm trying to do a risk versus reward analysis. Ignoring it would be "hell no". My answer is "I'm sketched out but let me analyze it." Right now, I don't want to give scum powers and potentially assassinate the town block. I'm asking Sakura for her opinion as well.

I'm also wanting other people to contribute. I do have my opinions and I have been following instructions, and if you feel I'm not then please point out where. We need more people to talk to find scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7857 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 7854, stungun0404 wrote:
*she
and yeah
you are not one of our main choices, though. you are towards the bottom of pushes i make from the 9 PoE pool, along with nosferatu at this moment in time. i do not favor lynching either of you today or tomorrow i believe is where i stand right now.

the main poe pool for me atm is: gamma emerald, hebichan, creature, nero cain, toogeloo, the worst, kokichi
the thing is
if scum have ever played with town me before they will probably try to save me for the end of the game as an easy mislynch
mod is mafia is a really good example of that

and math
next day it will probably be either 14v3 or 15v2 [with a possibility of 15v3 or 16v2] so scum volunteering would have to be relying on their other members not being in the poe or not having connections with them or the other flipped scum
and i will admit if i had been in this slot the entire game then as scum i probably would stake my chances on that

i am not really opposed to being the victim
i just fail to see why that has much of a benefit over myself taking it

also i am assuming that i would only be getting the ability on the condition that i use it the day after i get it
thus if anyone who claims to have taken it and does not use it you can just lynch them and they will not be able to use any other ability they may have picked instead
that would be partially broken if two scum did it
but then you just have to deal with any ill-gotten gains for one night most likely and then only have one scum remaining
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7858 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

The leader doesnt choose which power people get, the people themselves chosen by the leader chose which power they want, so we cant trust that you will indeed take the suicide bomber over something like super strength that will bypass bulletproof if you're scum.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #7859 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by hebichan »

I'm good with nero or creature, I'll Iso a bit more tomorrow. I'm pretty worn out from work.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7860 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Toog ignored my question about why he thinks I'm counting him as a confirmed scum?!
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #7861 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

The reason toog is scum is because:

- his defense of titus
- his questionable leader vote
- molla being scummy when he was in game
- lieing/shading and misrepresenting me

Not him not focusing on game enough. That is something he started telling us starting today by constant whining about the game speed

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7862 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7858, Sakura Hana wrote:The leader doesnt choose which power people get, the people themselves chosen by the leader chose which power they want, so we cant trust that you will indeed take the suicide bomber over something like super strength that will bypass bulletproof if you're scum.
And furthermore we can’t trust if scum takes it and knows they have to suicide they don’t hit an immune townie.

That is why if we do it we have to give it to people that we townread in the lynchpool as to avoid these complications.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7863 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Plus the math is horribly off. For every bomber there is a two step decrease in player count.

It’s a hella risky idea. Which is why I am sketched out when we have the advantage right now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7864 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:52 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 7863, MathBlade wrote:Plus the math is horribly off. For every bomber there is a two step decrease in player count.

It’s a hella risky idea. Which is why I am sketched out when we have the advantage right now.
but that's the lynchpool

those are the players you think are scum or are not satisfactorily able to sort

why snail pace this shit thru to the end when you can just blitz through the players you need dead to sort the rest of the list? o.0
--
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7865 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 7861, Frozen Angel wrote:The reason toog is scum is because:

- his defense of titus

Not him not focusing on game enough. That is something he started telling us starting today by constant whining about the game speed
Whatever helps you sleep at night, sweetheart :good: .
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7866 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by the worst »

say you pick 2 scum and 1 town to give it to. you lose 3-4 town + 2 scum? that's..... sensational?

say you pick 3 town, you lose 3-6 townies who need to die for you to sort the rest of the list, plus 0-3 scum depending literally on how many scum are in the lynchpool
--
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7867 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Don't lynch me, take me into the pool, and I promise, cross my heart, to take bomber. I'll get the same result either way :).
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7868 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by the worst »

this is by far the cleverest idea I've ever had mechanically and stungun can prolly back me up that when I have mechanical ideas they're usually :fire:

(though I was scum that time and I can't think of a way scum benefits from literally removing the lynchpool from the game LMAO)
--
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7869 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Sando »

- his defense of titus

Toog has had a number of easy ways to help town without needing to engage, and has refused to take those every time. Leader vote is perfect example, happy to sheep a scum onto me, but not happy to go along with a plan that literally everyone is onboard with. Can't claim not to be caught up, addressed it specifically and refused to play ball.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7870 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by Sando »

When we talk about "free" kills with the bomb, imagine if Titus had bomb yesterday. We were <12 hours from deadline, Titus could have just blown up Math/Sakura and suddenly we've got a couple of hours to get another lynch done or our leader is on the chopping block overnight.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7871 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm talking the selected people would detonate within the first like 7 days of the phase or be lynched.
--
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7872 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 7871, the worst wrote:I'm talking the selected people would detonate within the first like 7 days of the phase or be lynched.
In post 1, The Dream Weaver wrote:Each Day Phase after lasts approximately 7 real life days.
You you might want to flesh that one out a bit more...cause that's a terrible idea.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #7873 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 7865, Toogeloo wrote:

- his defense of titus

Whatever helps you sleep at night, sweetheart :good: .
at least you didn't take back the "sweetheart" like some people in your next post

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #7874 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

can you tldr me what is this detonation plan?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”