Newbie 1882 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Completly Trustworthy »

UglyDuck, do you think that you stopped the nk? Sky was someone suspected during the end of day 1, trying to kill her would make little sense for the scumteam. Also, are you willing to vote for Zito?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Teacher, what about the voting patterns of HWS and Zito made you think they were a scumteam?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by brassherald »

Votecount 3.02

HeWhoSwims (1) -

Papa Zito (1) -

Not Voting (4) -
, Papa Zito, UglyDuck, HeWhoSwims

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Day 3 ends in (expired on 2018-08-14 22:00:00).
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 698, UglyDuck wrote:
In post 674, Eragon wrote:think about it this way

the doc claims.
they claim who they healed N1.

both people are mechanically lock-town
? How am I lock town, and Sky flipped VT, and you still need to know who the Doc healed N1?
CT claimed doc that healed teacher N1
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Well what do I have to say at this point?

Time for me, zito and Eragon to cross accuse rip
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 682, teacher wrote:Yay I’m townclear.
You absolutely are not. Sky could of been the target... however unlikely that may be.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 703, Eragon wrote:
In post 698, UglyDuck wrote:
In post 674, Eragon wrote:think about it this way

the doc claims.
they claim who they healed N1.

both people are mechanically lock-town
? How am I lock town, and Sky flipped VT, and you still need to know who the Doc healed N1?
CT claimed doc that healed teacher N1
I was EXTREMELY drunk and obviously did not read all the way through. yeah it checks out mb.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

actually wait - if skum is Goon!Goon they could claim doc for cred.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 700, Completly Trustworthy wrote:UglyDuck, do you think that you stopped the nk? Sky was someone suspected during the end of day 1, trying to kill her would make little sense for the scumteam. Also, are you willing to vote for Zito?
I pretty clearly elaborated on why exactly that reasoning is why I chose Sky.
IDK about Zito.

OK team here is the thing - doc would never out themselves in this situation considering I am still still alive. That is just nonsense.
Lynch me or CT. I obviously think we should vote CT.
There cannot possibly be a CC at this point because Doc would never claim here as town and Skum would never claim here if it wasn't Goon/Goon and risk said CC. Therefore, CT is part of Goon/Goon so-

VOTE: Completely Trustworthy

If there is a CC, today they are skum.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Post by teacher »

Duck I think you’re drunk again. Pull the vote and talk.

And I know I’m encouraging talk while not doing it. Tbh I’m waiting for papa.

feels like it’s been about 30 for him but not sure
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:54 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Hello all, catching up.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 am

Post by Papa Zito »

A doctor claim and clear in mylo. How incredibly convenient.

I don't believe the claim but I don't have time to delve too deep. I'll review his iso at lunch.
Kappa
Just Monika
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:37 am

Post by teacher »

NKA of N1 (no death) and N2(Reck) says Lando is true, and scum last night were PR hunting/avoiding townreads for fear of a docsave.

Everybody has posted and nobody has countered.

I will post a longer analysis but I’m now convinced on Papa. I still lean HWS but that can wait til I’m off mobile.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:02 am

It is almost impossible that we are in setup C2 since UglyDuck is not dead. One reason that could explain why he has not been attacked yet is because the scum fear a doctor saving him. Also, in order for there not to have been a nk night one, Sky must have been attacked. However, why would the scum try to kill Sky over Duck if there was no doctor?
Of course, there is a possibility that I am scum and my team didn't kill n1 in order to claim doctor and have intentionally left UglyDuck alive to ensure a win in MyLo. However, as teacher said in , scum thrive in possibilites and the town should play on probabilities. What is more likely, me being the actual doctor or scum faking doctor?
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 am

Also, Teacher, I thought you had a case on Zito and HWS from VCA. I would like to see it so I can decide whether HWS or Eragon is Zito's teammate.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Something I like to do when I see a roleclaim is go back to the beginning and see if the player's posts make sense in that context.

Duck claimed JK in . Here is Lando's immediate response:
In post 226, Completly Trustworthy wrote:Teacher, is Jailkeeper a good claim for scum to make? Do you think it's more likely Duck is telling the truth or lying?
I wouldn't expect someone with a Doctor role PM to make this post. JK/Doc is a perfectly viable setup. With the setup knowledge he has via his role PM I would expect Lando to shade more to believing the claim than not. He seems to realize this himself when he posts immediately after:
In post 229, Completly Trustworthy wrote:I just looked at the setups and noticed that jailkeeper is a terrible fakeclaim. Only setup c3 does not feature a cop, jailkeeper, or neapolitan, so Duck should be believed. I'll unvote while trying to figure out which wagon to join or start next.
UNVOTE: UglyDuck

In Lando doubles down. One of the reasons he thinks I may be scum is voting our claimed Jailkeeper:
In post 232, Completly Trustworthy wrote:In, Zito votes for UglyDuck(who I believe is really jailkeeper)
However in suddenly there's room for doubt?
In post 530, Completly Trustworthy wrote:I want more discussion about UglyDuck because this lynch is revolving around his comments. Its not unthinkable that he is lying, given that if there are two mafia goons, claiming jailkeeper has a one third chance of being cc'd instead of a one ninth chance. I don't want to treat someone as confirmed when they may have just gotten lucky when fakeclaiming.
This flip in opinions makes no sense. Nothing in the game has happened to cause him to suddenly flipflop on this belief that Duck is a JK.

Then in his next post:
In post 534, Completly Trustworthy wrote:Reckoner, why do you assume a Tracker is even in the game? It feels like you're trying to get pr's to claim. I'm going to review your iso to see if you've done anything else that could be suspicious. Between being the first to vote Skygazer and this post, you're starting to become scummy in my opinion.
This doesn't jive at all with 530. If Lando is considering the setup is goon/goon, with his Doctor PM that would mean the town power has to be Doc/Tracker. Why then is he throwing shade at Reck here if Reck is talking about a Tracker possibility? That makes 0 sense with what he should know at the time.

I have one other thing I need to bring up that I noticed going through the iso but I'm out of time so it'll have to wait until tonight.
Kappa
Just Monika
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:29 am

Response to Papa Zito's case:
I made when I had not memorized the setups and therefore had no idea whether Ugly was likely faking or not.
was made when I had taken a look at the possible setups and noticed that jailkeeper was a bad fakeclaim, therefore I believed him.
After day 2 started, I believed that I had stopped the kill and knew that Sky was not guaranteed scum. Since I could not stop the lynch without claiming, which would not prove Sky's innocence as I stated in , I decided to ask people questions and put pressure on those I suspected of being scum. That was why i made the comment in about Ugly potentially being a liar, I knew there could be a tracker-doctor setup and didn't want to give him a free pass. Even though I still believed him to be town, I wasn't going to rule out the possibility that we were in C3.
In , I questioned Reckoner because I thought he might be scum trying to lure out the doctor and tried to put pressure on him because I was wary of him just slipping under the radar all game because of his lazy playstyle.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 am

Zito, why are you suspecting me instead of HWS and Eragon? As I explained in , there are essentially two possibilities now, setups C2 and A2.
In order for us to be in setup C2, the following must have happened:
I would have had to intentionally let the jailkeeper live two nights
I would have had to not have killed night 1(because why would sky be targeted?)
I would have had to risk Duck jailing me or my hypothetical scumbuddy, which would have probably gotten us lynched
I would have had to come up with the idea of not killing night one without teacher mentioning it(Teacher first mentioned the possibility in , which was on day 2)
With all this said, why are you so adamant in believing I am not the doctor while giving HWS and Eragon a free pass?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:18 am

Post by teacher »

You’ll not convince scum that he is scum.

Tbh even after your claim I was truly worried about you because of the play style thibgs making me think you were trying to be scum mayor, and your hesitancy to lynch HWS. But the Reck kill basically ended that when I thought about what it meant about scum mentality.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:22 am

Post by teacher »

VOTE: Papa
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by brassherald »

Votecount 3.03

Papa Zito (2) -
HeWhoSwims (1) -

Completly Trustworthy (1) -

Not Voting (2) -
Papa Zito, HeWhoSwims

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Day 3 ends in (expired on 2018-08-14 22:00:00).
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by teacher »

Well we can pretty much confirm that there is at least one scum in Zito Lando and me since otherwise scum could quickhammer the win.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by teacher »

@Duck -- Youre the only person worth talking to, since you are town and the only townread to express hesitancy to lynch Papa. So Im going to be talking to you a bit over the next couple posts.
In post 708, UglyDuck wrote:Doc would never claim here as town
You are entirely ignoring the board state. One person (Eragon) had said doc should claim if he saved non-dead-duck N1. A second person (me) – who is apparently conf!town, at least to Lando – then agreed. Only third did Lando claim.

Moreover, you are entirely ignoring the mechanics behind our advice. Everybody agrees that Skygazer was not the N1 kill target. So either (a) scum no killed (how likely is that in general?) or (b) a doctor saved. If the doctor saved outside of the dead, creating a third clear makes the game PoE 67% win. All we have to do is pick scum today, and then have you act as a cop
(though we might need some clarification from Brass on how Natural Action Resolution will play out if we get the wrong scum)

Finally let me address (a) more. At this point, that would require a scum team of Lando and me. Why would scum!me raise no-NK as option after the N1 no-flip? Have you ever seen a game where the two most talkative players were both scum? Where after my partner claimed I would still be casting pretty severe shade at him? Seriously, ask yourself what the likelihood of that team is, or what the likelihood of Lando and me NK Reck N2 after both throwing some shade at him yesterday (kill our own mislynch target??) is and then apply Occam's razor.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Eragon »

teacher are you asking the question

@Brass
If the role blocker is still alive and is targeted by the jailkeeper, but the role blocker targets the jail keeper, whose action goes through first?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 583, Skygazer wrote:What about me flipping town makes teacher a weaker townread or vice versa?
Ducky, I know your suspicious of me. But you never answered this question. How was lynching Skygazer not the right play, purely mathematically?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”